• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A reminder: today is the last day you can change the top seven! After today ends, I'll lock it down and make a new schedule, so you can do predictions for the first day. But don't worry about the purge yet! You still have until day 501 to get your characters over the threshold and make threads for them.

Concept: A non-videogame character gets a Mii Costume x309
Concept: A non-white/Asian human character x300
Tidus x280
Nate Adams x245
[Rerate] Ezio x245
Shuichi Saihara x226
Moogle x185

200 - 151

Concept: Shin Megami Tensei rep x180
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x175
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x160
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x160

150 - 101

Alex Mason x145
Klonoa x145
[Rerate] Frisk x140
Echo: Xion (Sora) x140
Sakura Shinguji x140
Concept: Deltarune content x126
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x121
The Stretchers x120
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115
Proto Man x115
Zelda (BotW sequel) x110
Billy Hatcher x110

100 - 51

Amiya (Arknights) x95
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x75
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x75
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x74
Boss: Ender Dragon x73
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x67
The Terrarian x65
Concept: Rocket League rep x65
Giygas x60
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x60
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x60
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x55
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Stage: Bowser's Castle x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x60
Dr. Goomba Tower x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x50
Ghirahim x50
Vi (Bug Fables) x50
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x45
Boss: Rayquaza x39
Echo (Olimar) x36
The Bard (Wandersong) x35
Concept: Returning stages x35
Yoshimitsu x35
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x30
Urbosa x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25
Concept: Dark Souls rep x25
[Rerate] Maxwell x25
Lora and Jin x25

Under 25

Black Shadow x20
Concept: Fighter Pass 2 gets delayed x20
Demi-fiend x20
Chell x18
Zeraora x15
Wolf Link x15
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x15
Cynthia x15
Taranza x11
Gran/Djeeta x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x10
Concept: Rhythm Heaven rep x10
Tetra x10
Zero (Mega Man) x10
Mii Costume: Jacket x7
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Octoling x5
Kazuya Mishima x5
Excitebiker x5
Gil (Babylonian Castle Saga/The Tower of Druaga) x5
Young Wizard (Wizard101) x5
Concept: Tetris 99 stage x5
Concept: More individual stage DLC x5
Mii Costume: Gen 1 Pokémon x5
Don-chan x5
Concept: Rocket League content x5
Concept: Arc System Works rep x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Kass x1

Concept: A non-videogame character gets a Mii Costume crosses 300 noms and passes Concept: A non-white/Asian human character to become the leader of the noms list. Ezio ties with Nate Adams for fourth place.

Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief crosses 50 noms, while Ghirahim and Vi also make it to 50. They're all saved from the purge.

Joining the fray, with 5 noms, we have Concept: Arc System Works rep!

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Abstain on chances today. Rex seems very plausible, though honestly the list of characters who we know were considered or could have been considered for Smash that never get a second look is long enough that I wouldn't be flabbergasted if Rex joins Dixie in the hall of what-could-have-been, though I'd definitely have a mildly-surprised eyebrow raise at it. Waluigi has a vocal fanbase and that is all I have to say about that.

Nominations: Moogle x 10; Jill Stingray Mii Costume x 5

Predictions: With nothing to predict for tomorrow, I'd just like to congratulate the people running this thread for getting to day 500 before a character reveal came in and interrupted this fixed schedule. There were quite a few moments where I was thinking that would happen, but we've made it! You know, assuming a character reveal isn't coming in the next day... which I suppose is possible if this day gets heated and goes on for multiple days... Well, we'll see!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
right then

rex, cant be bothered looking for my last rating so ill just have to guess what i gave him
chances: 75% the only character i believe to have more than a 50/50 chance. sakurai wanted him but it was too late and if nintendo suggested an arms character i see no reason why they wouldnt also suggest a character from other big switch titles. this is the one i feel cautiously optimistic about.
want: 100% i love xenoblade 2 despite the character deigns. he would be an awesome character to include.

the lean mean meme machine
chances: 20% im still not sure if we will se AT promos in this dlc run. but if we do he could be high up due to his popularity. but popularity doesnt always work.
want: 0% im sick of him. and im sick of the sheer self entitlement of his fans who exaggerate every aspect about him. there are hundreds and hundres of mario characters i would take over him in fact the only one i wouldnt is geno.

nominate nate adams x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've been waiting for this.

Chance (Both): 50% goes to the both of them, because they both only have one flaw. Problem is, that one flaw may or may not be an insurmountable hurdle.

Rex is the star of a very popular game on the Switch, who many fans had grown attached to as it was none other than Xenoblade 2. When he got his Mii Costume, Sakurai apologized for it, something that didn't even happen with GENO. Xenoblade is growing bigger and bigger, as it got a premium spot as one of Nintendo's biggest releases in the first half of 2020. And Rex makes perfect sense to include. While Xenoblade 2 isn't the newest release anymore, that being Xenoblade Definitive Edition, Rex has been asked for enough that I think he overcomes it.

Waluigi, I'm gonna say it. Outside of the Smash fandom, Waluigi is very likely to be the single most requested character. Being associated with the biggest video game franchise (purely in video games, Pokémon is bigger when accounting for media but that's not the point) and the second most popular entries in that franchise, he's erupted to legendary status despite never owning a game to himself. Several people are begging for it to happen. I'd argue that he's more well known worldwide than all of the Fighter's Pass characters put together. While the Mario Direct didn't have his reveal in it, I think Waluigi's also been asked for enough that he overcomes it. Waluigi technically has competition but, I'll be honest, he runs circles around every other potential Mario character.

Problem is the content that they got. Rex is a Mii Costume (and not one from launch to boot) and Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. Min Min and Ninjara, the candidates for the ARMS character that we know of, were just Spirits, unlike Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. So if (DLC) Mii Costumes and Assist Trophies disqualify you, they have actually no chance to be in. I think, however, that if they don't, they're not if, but when (for this game in particular).

0% if their content disqualifies them, 100% if not, I think 50% strikes a balance between them. It'd be funny if they blew it, even after those conditions were met for them to be in go mode, though.

I stopped caring about Rex so I'll abstain on his want. Waluigi gets a 60% Want. I like the guy, and honestly the reactions everybody will have if he actually happens are going to be amazing. From those crying tears of joy, to those crying about their lost bets, to those going "wtf?", to those going "called it!", nobody's going to generate as raw, as genuine reactions as Waluigi.

Oh and he's also a rep for the best Mario games, the spinoffs. Most see it as a negative, for me that's the biggest reason I'd want him.

Frisk x 10. What are we predicting?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Rex

Chance: 50%. Since Min-Min became playable, his chance has skyrocketed up quite a lot. This is in addition to a lot of stuff going for him to be in the game. While he was considered for the game, his chance of being in this game is quite high.

Want: 50%. I prefer it if Elma got in as the next Xenoblade Rep, but Rex would be a decent fighter and would be fun to play as. I can see him and Rex face off against each other in a free for all. Overall, he would be a decent fighter in this game.

Waluigi

Chance: 15%. Not much has changed about his inclusion, but I pretty sure that Geno is more likely to get in this game. It is not quite impossible, but I would not hold my breath about it.

Want: 50%. I prefer it if Fawful got in over Waluigi any day, but Waluigi would be a fun character to play as, with decent moveset potential. Overall, if he got in, Wario would have more unique team ups once more, and that Waluigi would be a decent choice, but there are other characters that would get in first.

Noms: 15 for Echo: Olimar

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let's see... I think Min Min helped them both out somewhat.

Rex & Pyra and Mythra
Chance: 60%
If you ask me, for sure one of the characters to be up there. Prior to FP1, had a sizeable amount of support, but more than that, even within Smash it's seemed they've wanted to add more Xenoblade content from the beginning. What I gathered from Min Min being added, more than "spirits don't disconfirm!" or something of the sort, was that decisions being made during base game were by now very outdated. Rex was added as a Mii Costume for FP1, this is true, but this costume was added, and most likely decided on at a time where FP2 was an afterthought; Something that would only happen depending on how well FP1 did. I certainly doubt that they had FP2 in mind as early as the time of the announcement, at least not fully realized. So going by this, I don't think this Mii Costume, or any XC2 content added into the game prior is a detriment to him. If he was to be added, it'd make perfect sense, it's the latest new entry in a newly succesful series, one that could do well with a newcomer, and one that Sakurai even mentioned being interested in. Still, it's up in the air, I'm not entirely sure about it, but I could see it happening.
Want: Abstain
As of now, XC2 is the only XC I haven't played. I don't feel it's right for me to give a want because of that. Though I'll say he's grown on me, over time, since XC2's announcement.

WALUIGI
Chance: 25%
This guy went beyond the "hardcore" Smash speculation and beyond to become the very first "missing character" people generally see. And Nintendo knows this. At first I'd have thought that being an AT would be quite the detriment to him, but I think the ARMS guessing game threw this into the water. Even if Min Min was chosen, if we take what Sakurai said in her presentation, it wasn't because Spring Man was an AT. It was on her own merits (he even had her in mind to begin with) and because Yabuki, the developer, wanted her. There was nothing stopping them from adding Spring Man if the preference was towards him, it just wasn't. (Although I do hope Spring Man gets his chance in the future.) So, more than seeing Waluigi as a promoted AT in this case, I see him as this "fan request" that's gotten really big recently, enough to get Nintendo to notice. He's also very prominent in the Mario spinoffs, so that's that. Though still, not entirely sure they'd go with him, given that he's another Mario character, there are only 5 slots left, and maybe the preferences aren't just there for him. Still though, time will tell.
Want: 50%
Would be fine with him, I'll admit he also grew on me because at first it was just seeing him everywhere, but you know what, he's fine, he's a pretty known and respected character in his own right and if he made it in it'd be nice. I hope he brings some Mario Party and Mario Tennis music if he makes it.

Nominations
Zero (Mega Man) x15
Just noticed this poor guy was at the bottom, I'll do what I can.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Rex

Chance: 95%
Honestly, there isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. Getting an ARMS rep at all GREATLY helped his chances, and that character being Min Min helped even further. At this point, there's more going for him than against him.
Want: 100%
I've already mentioned before how much I love XC2, so I'll keep it brief. This game is awesome, I don't care what any haters say. Rex has more than earned the right to be playable in Smash.

Abstain on Waluigi. My opinion on him is... controversial, so I'd rather not rate him again.

Nominations: The Bard (Wandersong) x15

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Waluigi

1% Chance

...I do not buy it.

Honestly, I am in the camp where ATs are a death sentence. I do not care if the twitter crowd had their collective outcry over their Mario spinoff character not getting in. I genuinely do not think that their whining will end up affecting Sakurai this time. In a future game? Maybe, I mean Ridley got in. But in this game? No, not a chance. His fan demand came way too late, and to be honest most of the people who would create an angry twitter post about Waluigi would just end up buying the game anyway.

People might say that he can represent the Mario spin off games. I can name plenty of characters already doing that, :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultluigi::ultmario::ultyoshi::ultrosalina:. All of these characters have been in either Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and/or the most recent spin offs. Hell, we can say Daisy already represents them since she has been relegated to spinoff fodder.

Heck, a good chunk of the popularity is just a bandwagon. I remember less than five years ago Waluigi was a joke. Now because a bunch of people whined on twitter that Waluigi was an AT people see him as potentially this huge hype character. Heck, even when that initially happened, people still saw Waluigi as a joke. The fact Waluigi did not get in smash was a joke.

0% Want

I do not want the funny purple man. If people just resort to whining about their meme character, count me out. I do not want this game to get to the point where a character gets in because people whined about them on twitter. His support feels completely astroturfed and artificial. Because a very small vocal minority whined and whined on twitter and ****posted, he is now somehow seen as this huge titan of fan demand. I am going to say something that is going to be very taboo in this thread...

The vast majority of people who are playing smash do not care about if a character gets in or not.

Now there are exceptions to this. Clear fan favorites pop up, and they have gotten in (:ultbanjokazooie::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultkrool::ulthero::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultroy::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultridley::ultpalutena::ultmegaman::ult_terry: all can be seen as getting in either due to fan demand in some part of the world or worldwide.). But I doubt that most of the people who ****post about Waluigi want him in to support the Mario spinoff games or because they have an emotional connection to them. The character is a meme at this point. Unlike say Ridley, the character who was in the most similar position to Waluigi, Ridley has been requested since Melee. Waluigi did not get his surge of support until 2018.

I would genuinely rather have Goku. That is how much the internet has turned me off to this character. If you want a joke character, we already have Pichu, WFT, and whatever ugly mii you make. If I am still running this game in Smash 6 speculation (which tbh I think they might just use Ultimate as a base and port it somewhat), I might give Waluigi a high chance but an abysmal want.

Now for something completely different.

Rex
99.99% Chance

I rarely throw around 99%. It means I am certain something will happen. Unless I am dead set that something is going to be in the game, I tend to avoid giving out such a high score. I am absolutely certain Rex is going to be in Fighters Pass 2.

Sakurai clearly knows there is fan demand for the character, or at least an expectation. He is popular in Japan. Smash seems dead set on promoting the switch, and Rex does that job quite well. The comments about Rex and an ARMS rep are what puts me over the edge. The fact of the matter is Sakurai clearly saw both as fitting for smash and timing stopped them. Now we have Min Min. Even the mii costume does not stop this, since it was made before FP 1 was even being rolled out, far before FP2 was decided. Spirits are no longer a death sentence.

100% Want

The fact Counterattack is not in the game irks me enough that I want Rex on principle. But for real more Xenoblade music is always a good sign. I do not even like Rex much as a character, but I think playing as him would be fun. Even if Min Min does sort of do the stance change moveset I envisioned with Rex switching between Pyra and Mythra, I am sure he would have a strong and fun moveset.

Boss: Rayquaza x 11
Jill Stingray Mii Costume x 4 (TBH I will probably spam nom this at this point, Every Day is Night is fire)

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Rex:
Chance: 75%
It looks really good for Rex. Now that spirits no longer deconfirm, I almost would consider him a lock. Almost. The biggest thing keeping me from saying it is something that happened in Smash4. Chrom and a Rhythem Heaven rep (I think it was Chorus Kids) were both planned for that game but didn't get in DLC. That doesn't mean Rex can't get in, but I don't think he's a lock.

Want: 98%
Finished XB2, good game overall. Plan on getting Shulk's remake later, think series has some potential in the future.

Waluigi
Chance: 5%
The only scenario assist trophy that isn't dead imo. It's possible that Nintendo saw the AT outrage and saw $$ when thinking about putting him in as DLC. It's also possible they didn't and don't think Waluigi is profitable enough.

Want: 50%
I really don't care if he's in or out. He works just fine as an assist trophy, and he'd probably work just fine as a playable character.

Noms: Ezreal(League of Legends) x5.

EDIT: I forgot about the nom purge, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 can I change it to Alex Mason x5 please?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do not want the funny purple man. If people just resort to whining about their meme character, count me out. I do not want this game to get to the point where a character gets in because people whined about them on twitter. His support feels completely astroturfed and artificial. Because a very small vocal minority whined and whined on twitter and ****posted, he is now somehow seen as this huge titan of fan demand. I am going to say something that is going to be very taboo in this thread...

The vast majority of people who are playing smash do not care about if a character gets in or not.

Now there are exceptions to this. Clear fan favorites pop up, and they have gotten in (:ultbanjokazooie::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultkrool::ulthero::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultroy::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultridley::ultpalutena::ultmegaman::ult_terry: all can be seen as getting in either due to fan demand in some part of the world or worldwide.). But I doubt that most of the people who ****post about Waluigi want him in to support the Mario spinoff games or because they have an emotional connection to them. The character is a meme at this point. Unlike say Ridley, the character who was in the most similar position to Waluigi, Ridley has been requested since Melee. Waluigi did not get his surge of support until 2018.

I would genuinely rather have Goku. That is how much the internet has turned me off to this character. If you want a joke character, we already have Pichu, WFT, and whatever ugly mii you make. If I am still running this game in Smash 6 speculation (which tbh I think they might just use Ultimate as a base and port it somewhat), I might give Waluigi a high chance but an abysmal want.
i like your attitude towards him

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Waluigi

1% Chance

...I do not buy it.

Honestly, I am in the camp where ATs are a death sentence. I do not care if the twitter crowd had their collective outcry over their Mario spinoff character not getting in. I genuinely do not think that their whining will end up affecting Sakurai this time. In a future game? Maybe, I mean Ridley got in. But in this game? No, not a chance. His fan demand came way too late, and to be honest most of the people who would create an angry twitter post about Waluigi would just end up buying the game anyway.

People might say that he can represent the Mario spin off games. I can name plenty of characters already doing that, :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultluigi::ultmario::ultyoshi::ultrosalina:. All of these characters have been in either Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and/or the most recent spin offs. Hell, we can say Daisy already represents them since she has been relegated to spinoff fodder.

Heck, a good chunk of the popularity is just a bandwagon. I remember less than five years ago Waluigi was a joke. Now because a bunch of people whined on twitter that Waluigi was an AT people see him as potentially this huge hype character. Heck, even when that initially happened, people still saw Waluigi as a joke. The fact Waluigi did not get in smash was a joke.

0% Want

Now for something completely different.

Rex
99.99% Chance

I rarely throw around 99%. It means I am certain something will happen. Unless I am dead set that something is going to be in the game, I tend to avoid giving out such a high score. I am absolutely certain Rex is going to be in Fighters Pass 2.

Sakurai clearly knows there is fan demand for the character, or at least an expectation. He is popular in Japan. Smash seems dead set on promoting the switch, and Rex does that job quite well. The comments about Rex and an ARMS rep are what puts me over the edge. The fact of the matter is Sakurai clearly saw both as fitting for smash and timing stopped them. Now we have Min Min. Even the mii costume does not stop this, since it was made before FP 1 was even being rolled out, far before FP2 was decided. Spirits are no longer a death sentence.

100% Want

The fact Counterattack is not in the game irks me enough that I want Rex on principle. But for real more Xenoblade music is always a good sign. I do not even like Rex much as a character, but I think playing as him would be fun. Even if Min Min does sort of do the stance change moveset I envisioned with Rex switching between Pyra and Mythra, I am sure he would have a strong and fun moveset.

Boss: Rayquaza x 11
Jill Stingray Mii Costume x 4 (TBH I will probably spam nom this at this point, Every Day is Night is fire)
Wow, and I thought MY opinion on Waluigi was a hot take: you just lit the internet on fire, poured gasoline on it, and then blasted it into the sun for good measure.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Feeling pretty tired so gonna double abstain.

Noms:
Stretchers x10
Non Steve/Chief Microsoft rep x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Oh boy.
Rex
Chance: 20%
I think that my chance score for him lowered a bit since last time, but there's no big reason behind it. I mean, nothing changed for him and I still see him as the most likely upgrade that could happen, but he's just slightly less likely to me know. He's still got the statement of Sakurai saying he would have been in alongside Springman if their games released before, but eh, I don't know why, but I don't see him in all that much now. Nintendo is still choosing the dlc and while he could still happen because Min Min, he could also just stay a mii costume and nothing more. It's mostly a gut feeling I have.
Want: 75%
Rex is not the best part of XC2, far from it, but he's still... passable. Pyra, Mythra, the spoilery one and the other spoilery one would be the spoilery ones here, even if I think that XC2 is the least good Xeno game Monolith made. Also if KOS-MOS were to be a blade Rex can use if he joined Smash, then that would be very cool. But yeah, the waifus would be the good part of this, not Rex.

Waluigi
Chance: 0%
Ah, yes, the "star" of Smash speculation ever since he was anounced as an AT. He is an AT, he's not getting in this game. If ATs could get in, then Springman would have been the Arms rep instead of Min Min. This is not hard to understand, yet some people like to deny that objective truth for whatever reason. AT is death sentence for the current game, and no, popularity and casual recognition will not break that, otherwise Isabelle would have been upgraded in 4 as dlc. Waluigi had an outcry, yes, but so did Corrin and that did not stop Byleth from getting in. Also the theory of a new Mario newcomer potentialy getting in because the tournament is hapening not now is downright stupid and shouldn't exist in the first place.
Want: 0%
Waluigi is spin-off fodder at best, and filler by the standard of filler on average. He is useless, did nothing substantiel in the Mario series, and while he has some interesting personality traits, they are never taken into account by his cult. And yes, I say it's a cult. After all, if it wasn't a cult, would Waluigi crucifix exist? No, no they wouldn't. I will also say that the worst part of Waluigi fans is how all they do is whine and say that every character should have been Waluigi at their worst, and while every "for Smash" character fanbase has at least one Guy like this, there's legions of them for Waluigi for whatever reason. In short, Waluigi bores me and his fanbase is one of the worst out there.

Nominations: SMT rep x15

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Based on PushDustin's Tweet, the quote doesn't actually say that. It just explains why they didn't make it, not that they would have made it.
Fair enough but the fact that he mentioned Xenoblade 2 of all games during that interview (and apologized for Rex being a Mii Costume) makes me about 99.9% sure that Rex would've been in the base game had it released on time. I edited my original message to clarify this ("would've been" to "most likely would've been").

A reminder: today is the last day you can change the top seven! After today ends, I'll lock it down and make a new schedule, so you can do predictions for the first day. But don't worry about the purge yet! You still have until day 501 to get your characters over the threshold and make threads for them.

Concept: A non-videogame character gets a Mii Costume crosses 300 noms and passes Concept: A non-white/Asian human character to become the leader of the noms list. Ezio ties with Nate Adams for fourth place.

Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief crosses 50 noms, while Ghirahim and Vi also make it to 50. They're all saved from the purge.

Joining the fray, with 5 noms, we have Concept: Arc System Works rep!
Just a heads up: Bowser's Castle stage has 51 noms now so it should be in the 100-51 nom category now. I just want to make sure it doesn't get accidentally purged since I might start nomming it soon.

i like your attitude towards him
You could say that he showed him a thing or three (and on Rex's day of all days).

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh boy.
Rex
Chance: 20%
I think that my chance score for him lowered a bit since last time, but there's no big reason behind it. I mean, nothing changed for him and I still see him as the most likely upgrade that could happen, but he's just slightly less likely to me know. He's still got the statement of Sakurai saying he would have been in alongside Springman if their games released before, but eh, I don't know why, but I don't see him in all that much now. Nintendo is still choosing the dlc and while he could still happen because Min Min, he could also just stay a mii costume and nothing more. It's mostly a gut feeling I have.
Want: 75%
Rex is not the best part of XC2, far from it, but he's still... passable. Pyra, Mythra, the spoilery one and the other spoilery one would be the spoilery ones here, even if I think that XC2 is the least good Xeno game Monolith made. Also if KOS-MOS were to be a blade Rex can use if he joined Smash, then that would be very cool. But yeah, the waifus would be the good part of this, not Rex.

Waluigi
Chance: 0%
Ah, yes, the "star" of Smash speculation ever since he was anounced as an AT. He is an AT, he's not getting in this game. If ATs could get in, then Springman would have been the Arms rep instead of Min Min. This is not hard to understand, yet some people like to deny that objective truth for whatever reason. AT is death sentence for the current game, and no, popularity and casual recognition will not break that, otherwise Isabelle would have been upgraded in 4 as dlc. Waluigi had an outcry, yes, but so did Corrin and that did not stop Byleth from getting in. Also the theory of a new Mario newcomer potentialy getting in because the tournament is hapening not now is downright stupid and shouldn't exist in the first place.
Waluigi is spin-off fodder at best, and filler by the standard of filler on average. He is useless, did nothing substantiel in the Mario series, and while he has some interesting personality traits, they are never taken into account by his cult. And yes, I say it's a cult. After all, if it wasn't a cult, would Waluigi crucifix exist? No, no they wouldn't. I will also say that the worst part of Waluigi fans is how all they do is whine and say that every character should have been Waluigi at their worst, and while every "for Smash" character fanbase has at least one Guy like this, there's legions of them for Waluigi for whatever reason. In short, Waluigi bores me and his fanbase is one of the worst out there.

Nominations: SMT rep x15
Assist Trophies were not mentioned as to why Min Min got in. Min Min got in because Sakurai went to Yabuki, Yabuki said everyone was the protagonist, and Yabuki specifically asked for Min Min. Min Min did not get in because she's the poor man's Spring Man, Min Min got in because she was Min Min. Nothing more, nothing less. The whole sequence goes from around 6:00 to 6:40 here.

To paraphrase the man himself:
Now, you might ask why Min Min was chosen out of everyone. Honestly, Yabuki just said, "I wanted Min Min."
While many of you might think Spring Man is the protagonist of ARMS, but that doesn't seem to be the case. According to Yabuki, "Everyone's the protagonist!" Also, when you look up Springman, you might find a certain enemy from a certain manga instead of the ARMS character. (Winks)*

(*He didn't actually wink, but with the reference he was making, he might as well have.)

Assist Trophies were not mentioned once. Yabuki said anyone could work and wanted Min Min specifically. As mentioned above, they did not settle for the poor man's option just because Spring Man was off the table, they just went with what the producer of ARMS himself said.

Also, [intense big band music] and [speaking Japanese]. Thanks, YouTube captions.
That's a very unfortunate opinion

Also never expected Waluigi to be THIS controversial. Usually those who don't actively support him are just indifferent towards him.
Yeah, I though the drama surrounding him would've cooled off by now, seeing as it's been like two years now. Evidently, I thought wrong.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Chance: Abstain.

I.....can't give an unbiased rating on this guy. I don't think i can say too much here either. Moveset potential is not an excuse against his inclusion, not when you put a PLANT here. Appearing in Spin Offs only seem like a shallow excuse, especially when the other 2 characters, Rosalina and Bowser JR, now have become Spin Off Fodder after their debuts (well, Bowser Jr. managed to stick out longer, but he still got kicked out anyway). Popularity is big with this guy. Some may say it's because of memes, but if Sans can get in as a Mii Costume(face it, Sans is a meme) i don't see why Waluigi's "meme status" puts him down.

But he's also an AT, and the more i think of it i don't see us getting an AT promotion anymore. I will say though, if there's any character that can disprove the "FirsST PARTiES ArenT HypEE" narrative, it's this guy. If Waluigi were to get in, im pretty sure the reaction would surpass Ridley, the Belmonts, K.Rool, Isabelle, Inci and Ken, Plant, Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Byleth and Min Min, and every other character that comes after him.

The other thing i can say for him is that like Steve, i see him as inevitable by the next entry. This is a character that will persist in popularity no matter what.

Want:
1000000%

My want score, that's different, this is my most wanted Character for Smash as of now. Waluigi is my favorite Mario Character no doubt, his wacky personality, his akward design, and the underdog status makes me love him. I root for the underdog, get that ****ty KOF character known as Iori out of the roster, the U.S Sports Team are superior, Yamcha is the best OG DB character, Grant Danasty > Alucard any day of the week. so on and so forth.

When i play a Mario game, i chose Waluigi as soon as i get the chance. Mario Kart 8? Waluigi. Mario Kart Wii? Waluigi. Mario Kart 7? That game can rot in hell. Mario Parties? Waluigi. Mario Tennis? Waluigi. etc, etc, etc. If Waluigi makes it into Smash, he could be the ONLY character that surpassses Simon when it comes to my most played character. When i want a character in Smash i want to PLAY as them, and i would certainly play Waluigi so much that the game would think im married to him.

I don't think i need to explain how Waluigi would fight. Give him a Tennis Racket for certain attacks, maybe a bob omb and his swimming ability...................and go nuts for the rest. Usually im against making **** up for characters like Sakurai did with Wario or Ganondorf, but this guy? No no no no no no, Sakurai, go creative with this one, as much as you can.

I wish i could go on and on and on but Waluigi is a character that speaks for itself. He's like Bomberman, like Dixie Kong, i shouldn't be even be talking about this character because he should already be in, "MUH MAIN SERIES REEEEE" whiners can **** off.

Tyranosaurus Mii

Chance 40%

As the eternal Pessimist, i don't see Rex beign the near shoo-in as some people say, but i understand the point of view. Xenoblade 2 is easily among the most successful Xeno games made by Monolith, it helped that it released early on an actually popular system. Also remember that im talking about Western perspective here, in Japan, he is even MORE popular there, among one of the most requested characters (it helps there they seem to be more accepting of vanilla heroes), only next to Bandanna Dee and Sora, so he's no medium fish, he's a top dog.

Rex was heavily talked about in the base game days, more so than the other certain Xenoblade characters we have talked about before. Rex was so popular in fact, that when he was shown as a Mii Costume, Sakurai basically said "lol sorry i can't add him, so here's this". So that's where the story would end, right?

Well, yeah, but Fighter Pass 2 then was announced, and now that we have Min-Min (from ARMS, an already represented entry in the base game), it shows Sakurai can change his mind. Sakurai obviously could not add him in the base roster due to the release timing of the game (even though he added Joker and ****ing Byleth.......) but now? I can see him changing his mind. Rex was still a popular request even after his Mii Costume was revealed, which is something FEW characters can even say, usually when something like that happens, it's game over for them and the only exceptions that come to mind are K.Rool (who became still very talked about after the Mii Kostume from 4) and Ridley (albeit, in a more silent manner)

So it all seems likely for him, so why is he so low compared to the rest of the ratings (aside of my magnum pessimism that is)

"IS IT FIORA BECAUSE OF THE SWITCH VERSION OF XENOBLA-no. I said it once, and i will say it again. Remakes USUALLY don't mean JACK **** for the roster. We didn't get Skull Kid despite MM3D and Skull Kid has been far more requested than Fiora ever was and didn't get in. Same goes for Sceptile and ORAS, and Celica for FE Echoes, and if FE, Sakurai's favorite child can't get a character because of a Remake, i don't see Fiora getting anything, the Final Smash appereance is all she gets. "BUT SHE WAS IN PROJECT X ZONE TW-and Black Mage was in 2 Mario Sports games and they still chose Cloud instead, moving on.

No, the real reason i don't see him as likely is because of ironically...................the Mii Costume. We still have to see a Mii Costume getting "promoted", everytime we see a Mii Costume for a Character, it's a death sentence. K.Rool, Isabelle, and Chrom? All got Costumes in Smash 4, all of them had to wait for the next installment. Im not sure if Rex is popular and important enough to break that curse. It's clear that Rex's Mii Costume is meant to be a consolation prize, and i don't see why would Sakurai just got "Oh remember that character that i could not put it so i compromised with a Mii Costume? LOL JK". It's not like Spirits where it's just a JPEG, Mii Costumes cost actual money to buy (and yeah Rex's costume is technically free, but it's exclusive to the Fighter Pass bundle so you still need to pay for it) so im dubious on this one.

"BUTBUTUTUBUBTUBT VERTERANS HAVE MII COSTUMES IN SMASH AND THEY ARE STILL PLAYABLE! KABSLDBAJLDNJKSADHKJASDARREEEEEEE-no, it's not comparable. All veterans tend to get shown first before their Mii Costume is shown, the only exception that comes to mind is Meta Knight in 4, and that was clearly done as an intentional joke, so it's an exception and not the norm.

and lastly, this is likely the last chance Rex has for a roster spot, because by the time Smash 7 (just so that some smarty pants comes in and says "SmASh SULTiMATE is Mshes 6!") comes around, we will likely have Xenoblade 3 & Knuckles.

Want: 45%

Nice, i guess? Look, Rex is dull as ****, guy looks the person whose favorite drink is water and favorite day is Wednesday, but even as someone who is mostly indifferent to Xenoblade as a whole i must say i kinda want this guy to get in.

1-I would rather have the roster actually remember is about Nintendo All Stars, or Nintendo characters, and Rex is important and requested enough where i can take my indifference aside and say "yeah, let's give this guy a chance". For that reason i would rather have him than "Third Party number 1129371291937.8"

2-Xenoblade 2 is actually a game that i have some minor interest in getting, RPGs are good time killers if Bug Fables, Vesperia, and DQXI taught me anything (and in current year, theya re a godsend), so if Rex convinces me that XB2 is intersing enough, i might finally jump from "eehhh" to "sure why not?"

3-I would rather have him than Elma or even some Nintendo characters not named Dixie Kong, Isaac, and Bandanna Dee (despite having more intersing moveset potential, Elma comes off as unlikeable and uncharismastic, which is saying something when you are compared to Rex out of all people) and Fiora (Xenoblade is a series, it should embrace that by having multiple characters from different entries, not by having 2 characters from the same ****ing game, and yes by using this logic i would rather prefer having Elma over Fiora, at least Elma comes from her own game instead of Shulk's)

4-Pyra and Mythra are hot (especially Mythra, the classic design, not the censored one, Blondes FTW)

So for these reasons alone, i would be okay with Rex's inclusion.

NOMS:
Vi (Bug Fables) X5

Also never expected Waluigi to be THIS controversial. Usually those who don't actively support him are just indifferent towards him.
People who hate on Waluigi are more of the vocal minority nowdays. It's just that when you add them together, they seem far larger.

It's nothing like it was in the early turn of the millenium, THAT was when Waluigi was seen as the scrappy.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Abstain on chance
Waluigi want 40%
I'd be ok with it but there are other Mario characters I'd prefer, mostly King Boo and Captain Toad. But I would like Waluigi if he got in.

Rex want 99%
I Think I want Melia slightly more in terms of the character specifically, but I also really want more Xenoblade 2 content, or Xenoblade in general. There's so much this series has to offer and they've barely scratched the surface.

Nominate content from currently unreleased game x15

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Abstain on chance for Waluigi. This guy's so complicated in the Smash speculation field that it's hard to give him a proper score, so I'll just take the easy way out.

I'm gonna give you a verbal warning - that was almost a Code 3 Dab. (Waluigi)

Want: 10%

No. I have little to no attachment to Mario, and I have no attachment to Waluigi at all. I'd pick almost everyone else over him. That said, I'd like to see the uproar he causes in the Smash community if he gets in.

British trash diver (Rex)

Chance: 15%

Min Min gave Rex a chance, but he didn't have much of one to begin with, to be honest. Xenoblade Chronicles, while very popular in the JRPG industry, is not only overshadowed but also already has a foot in Smash - blame Shulk. Plus, Rex still has to compete with whoever's representing Xenoblade Chronicles X. He's likely not getting in.

Want: 40%
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks good, not gonna lie. Do I like it more than any other JRPG? No. Do I think Rex deserves a place in Smash?

...Maybe.

I'm interested to see how they incorporate the Blades into his moveset. Pyra is a must - everyone else, I don't know.

Noms: Amiya x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Assist Trophies were not mentioned as to why Min Min got in. Min Min got in because Sakurai went to Yabuki, Yabuki said everyone was the protagonist, and Yabuki specifically asked for Min Min. Min Min did not get in because she's the poor man's Spring Man, Min Min got in because she was Min Min. Nothing more, nothing less. The whole sequence goes from around 6:00 to 6:40 here.

To paraphrase the man himself:
Now, you might ask why Min Min was chosen out of everyone. Honestly, Yabuki just said, "I wanted Min Min."
While many of you might think Spring Man is the protagonist of ARMS, but that doesn't seem to be the case. According to Yabuki, "Everyone's the protagonist!" Also, when you look up Springman, you might find a certain enemy from a certain manga instead of the ARMS character. (Winks)*

(*He didn't actually wink, but with the reference he was making, he might as well have.)

Assist Trophies were not mentioned once. Yabuki said anyone could work and wanted Min Min specifically. As mentioned above, they did not settle for the poor man's option just because Spring Man was off the table, they just went with what the producer of ARMS himself said.

Also, [intense big band music] and [speaking Japanese]. Thanks, YouTube captions.

Yeah, I though the drama surrounding him would've cooled off by now, seeing as it's been like two years now. Evidently, I thought wrong.
Fair enough. I typed that on mobile, so I couldn't really veryfy everything I said.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If Waluigi were to get in, im pretty sure the reaction would surpass Ridley, the Belmonts, K.Rool, Isabelle, Inci and Ken, Plant, Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Byleth and Min Min, and every other character that comes after him.
thats a very bold claim considering how much more popular ridley and k.rool were

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
thats a very bold claim considering how much more popular ridley and k.rool were
Waluigi has Ridley's previous memeworthy snub status alongside massive mainstream support and appeal. I don't think it's that bold of a claim.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Waluigi has Ridley's previous memeworthy snub status alongside massive mainstream support and appeal. I don't think it's that bold of a claim.
so what your saying is that all the ridley fans jumped on the waluigi bandwagon?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
so what your saying is that all the ridley fans jumped on the waluigi bandwagon?
...No? I'm saying the mainstream really likes Waluigi and that the people who would **** their pants in rage are a vocal minority, and due to his Mainstream appeal he'd be incredibly well received.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
...No? I'm saying the mainstream really likes Waluigi and that the people who would **** their pants in rage are a vocal minority, and due to his Mainstream appeal he'd be incredibly well received.
now say that again without taking a cheap shot at people who dont like him

SharkLord

Smash Hero
now say that again without taking a cheap shot at people who dont like him
Hey, don't act like you were brushing off Waluigi as just a meme and a bandwagon. If someone brushes off a character as "They're just a meme and a bandwagon, 0%," or if anyone is dismissed as not happening after the rater made it clear that they hate their guts, I have no issue with calling out any biases against a character. If someone gets double zeroes, chances are there's a fair bit of bias towards them.

And while we're giving out hot takes: After the fixed schedule is done, I don't think you should be able to nominate if you abstain from rating. If you don't participate in the rating, you shouldn't be able to suggest characters to rate either. If you don't know much about the character, do some research. Wikipedia, TV Tropes, their own support thread, it's all there for you. I can at least understand if you just want the fixed schedule over already, but after that you won't have that excuse. Either you participate fully or you don't participate at all; Don't be that guy who just sits in the corner and does nothing productive.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And while we're giving out hot takes: After the fixed schedule is done, I don't think you should be able to nominate if you abstain from rating. If you don't participate in the rating, you shouldn't be able to suggest characters to rate either. If you don't know much about the character, do some research. Wikipedia, TV Tropes, their own support thread, it's all there for you. I can at least understand if you just want the fixed schedule over already, but after that you won't have that excuse. Either you participate fully or you don't participate at all; Don't be that guy who just sits in the corner and does nothing productive.
It's much preferable that people don't talk about characters they don't know than that they make half-assed or erroneous research. Plus, if someone doesn't care about the characters being rated, it makes sense to give them a way to change that through perseverance; otherwise they'll just ditch the thread, and we don't want that.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
While I would love this, unfortunately when we tried to push this in the past we ran into issues. Trust me, I would love it if more people wrote more long posts about characters in general. But ultimately it kind of gives people a way out if they just do not care about the character. For example, some people just do not care about stuff other people nom. I for instance do not really care for say Nate Adams or debating if Sora did get in that Xion would come as an Echo (TBH I would find Roxas as an echo more likely, even including how he dual wields). So it gives people an out to wait to bring up stuff they care about. For instance, the concept of a non white or non asian human character is one that has been carried towards the top because people want to discuss it (As an aside, I will be watching the thread very very closely that day, be on your best behavior everyone.)

Part of why we put the abstain as an option is to avoid one liners or uneducated posts. I can name plenty of examples of posts from back in the day that would not fly because, well, they were just scores and noms. Obviously, scores are an opinion in the end, but you have to back your opinion up for it to hold water. If someone thinks your score is too low or too high, they can debate it so long as it does not get to the point of a flame war. Not going to name names, but one user for instance did not debate their scores which lead to the ire of plenty of people. It got so bad we had to put a ban on their posts for the thread due to how derailing they were. Obviously, that is an extreme example, but the logic stands to an extent. If you want the score to really add to discussion, you should put some thought into it. Two sentences was chosen because it felt like a fair base point. Originally when this rule was put in place I debated on a higher threshold, but I did not want to overburden people and people to get mad.

I will leave some ideas on the floor though. How would people feel if there was more of an incentive to post something longer? If say someone posts a paragraph (lets be liberal and say 5 sentences) per score, there would be double noms. Would people want something that rewards discussion? Should this higher bar replace the two sentence minimum, effectively rewarding those who participate but without incumbering those that do not?

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
I'm new here, so hopefully I'm doing this right. I have been lurking here for a little bit and decided to post because I wanted to nominate.

Waluigi

Chance: 1%

I don't see him getting over many other possible Nintendo reps like Rex or even Toad. I expect Gooigi as an echo before Waluigi. Unlike Wario, who has his own game series Waluigi has nothing for himself. Even Toad has his own game series now. I'm only giving him 1% because I actually think its below 1% but I wont discount something astronomically weird happening like they decide to squeeze him in because they figured he wouldn't take long to develop. At the end of the day he is the counterpart to Wario so if he was included it would be as an obligatory decision to complete the set.

I simply don't want Waluigi as a fighter pass edition. I don't think he would be that fun to play compared to anyone else we can get and I'm perfectly content with him remaining an assist trophy.

Rex

Chance: 50%

Sakurai really wanted Rex in Ultimate and if Sakurai willed another Fire Emblem character into Smash he can do the same with Xenoblade. One of the downsides is that compared to fighter pass 1 having so many 3rd party characters, having more than two Nintendo reps in fighter pass 2 would make it feel lackluster. Another downside is that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was almost three years ago and while Arms was also three years ago, Arms didn't have any playable characters yet. Also the inclusion of Rex isn't an immediate concern to push the IP for an upcoming game as far as I know. It's strange that the Min Min reveal is both a plus and a minus for Rex. Min Min proves that a three year old Nintendo game has a chance, but she also takes the Nintendo IP spot from Rex at the same time. I think this is going to be a coin flip but I do think he has a really good chance.

I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so I don't really have a preference. I think he could be a cool addition but I don't know exactly how he would work.

Nominations: Lu Bu x15

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I will leave some ideas on the floor though. How would people feel if there was more of an incentive to post something longer? If say someone posts a paragraph (lets be liberal and say 5 sentences) per score, there would be double noms. Would people want something that rewards discussion? Should this higher bar replace the two sentence minimum, effectively rewarding those who participate but without incumbering those that do not?
I'd be into a plan like that.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While I would love this, unfortunately when we tried to push this in the past we ran into issues. Trust me, I would love it if more people wrote more long posts about characters in general. But ultimately it kind of gives people a way out if they just do not care about the character. For example, some people just do not care about stuff other people nom. I for instance do not really care for say Nate Adams or debating if Sora did get in that Xion would come as an Echo (TBH I would find Roxas as an echo more likely, even including how he dual wields). So it gives people an out to wait to bring up stuff they care about. For instance, the concept of a non white or non asian human character is one that has been carried towards the top because people want to discuss it (As an aside, I will be watching the thread very very closely that day, be on your best behavior everyone.)

Part of why we put the abstain as an option is to avoid one liners or uneducated posts. I can name plenty of examples of posts from back in the day that would not fly because, well, they were just scores and noms. Obviously, scores are an opinion in the end, but you have to back your opinion up for it to hold water. If someone thinks your score is too low or too high, they can debate it so long as it does not get to the point of a flame war. Not going to name names, but one user for instance did not debate their scores which lead to the ire of plenty of people. It got so bad we had to put a ban on their posts for the thread due to how derailing they were. Obviously, that is an extreme example, but the logic stands to an extent. If you want the score to really add to discussion, you should put some thought into it. Two sentences was chosen because it felt like a fair base point. Originally when this rule was put in place I debated on a higher threshold, but I did not want to overburden people and people to get mad.

I'd say that's pretty reasonable. I suppose you can't really force people to write about someone they don't really care about, but an incentive to go into greater detail would hopefully help out a fair bit and give a nudge towards being more productive. I'd imagine that something that rewards discussion would probably spark more discussion.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey, don't act like you were brushing off Waluigi as just a meme and a bandwagon. If someone brushes off a character as "They're just a meme and a bandwagon, 0%," or if anyone is dismissed as not happening after the rater made it clear that they hate their guts, I have no issue with calling out any biases against a character. If someone gets double zeroes, chances are there's a fair bit of bias towards them.
actually if you look at my rating youll see i gave him 20% citing his role as an assist trophy as the main problem. so kindly look at that before calling me out

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think the idea of giving double noms for writing a paragraph (5 sentences or so) for both chance and want is a great compromise. It will incentivize people to create more of a discussion without turning off other people who are just not interested or maybe they don't have time that day to do research.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Dude, we practically have the same avatar. I changed mine to this last week but haven't really been to this thread in quite a while, so it escaped my notice until today lol.

Rex Chance: 55%

Sakurai did say that Rex might've made the cut if they had more time to develop the game or if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had been arrived earlier than it did, alongside Pyra IIRC. He just missed the cut, and I don't think it's too late for the idea to be revisited. Spring Man also missed the cut, and while he didn't get another chance through DLC, another ARMS character did. It's questionable, but entirely possible for Rex to join the battle for real before the wave of DLC ends.

I haven't played the game, so I really have no input to give, here.

WAAluigi Chance: 30%

Still no proof that Assist Trophies are eligible to be upgraded, but demand for him has been high for ages, so it's possible, I suppose. I'd say it's now or never. If he doesn't get in this wave, his next shot will be at whenever the heck the next Smash game releases.

Want: 80%

I can live without him, the hype is kind of gone, and there are other characters I want much more at this point, but man he'd be fun to play as. I've also never seen a truly toxic side of Waluigi's fanbase, personally speaking, so I can't say I'd be upset over his inclusion to any degree.

His inclusion would also make it clear that being an AT does not mean a character can't receive another shot at being playable through DLC, so that would be a nice bonus.

Nominations: Tetra x20

15 Noms day, huh? Might as well finally using those extra five noms I've got, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom