• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Who you gonna call?

Chance: 0%
Imo the chance of any Yo-kai Watch character is already abysmal, I don't think there's a timeline in which it gets a fighter over Professor Layton unless it makes an unprecedented comeback. But even if it did, I doubt Nate would be their choice. Sure, he's undoubtedly the protagonist of the series, and that's something that Pokemon never had. But still, they aren't going to give him multiple Yo-kai to fight with PT style, and they aren't going to choose a human kid to be the fighter in a franchise about fantastic spooky fighting monsters. The only way I see him in a fighter capacity is in the background, PT-style, as Jibanyan fights, but even then, that fighter would just be called Jibanyan. Semantics, maybe, but I don't consider Arsene a fighter.

Want: 0%
I don't want to be harsh. Nate's an alright protagonist, he actually has somewhat of a personality. But he's still, at the end of the day, kinda boring design-wise. I'd much rather get a Yo-kai to rep the series. And Layton, of course, is by far my preferred Level-5 rep.

Noms: Jason & SOPHIA X10
Ezio prediction: 21.03%

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Nate Adams, the Yo-Kai Watch trainer
Chance: 1.8%
I vaguely remember giving Jibanyan a chance rating of around 18%, ans I believe that Nate has a 10% chance of also being in if Jibanyan gets in, so he gets Jibanyan's score divided by 10 from me. Because honestly, if he gets in, je will have Jibanyan as one of his Yo-Kao summons at the very least, most likely his only considering how Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all count as separate fighters on the Smash website. He could do stuff on his own, but it's not like an SMT protagonist where they're not directly linked to Jack Frost and they fight on their own, and they could also summon other demons to help them. I read on the thread earlier that Nate can do stuff on his own, but I just cannot see it be as significant as, like I already said, one of the SMT protags. But yeah, otherwise, while Jibanyan is the face of the series and the mascot, Nate is still not only very known, but he also started in the video game, unlike for example Ash. I do think that he has some chances but it's entirely linked to if Jibanyan makes it in the first place.
Want: The same as for Jibanyan but very slightly lower%
Like I already said, he would be an extra coming with Jibanyan if Jibanyan does make it in in thefirst place in my opinion. So yeah, he gets the same want score as I gave Jibanyan but very slightly lower since I remember him being a bit annoying in the Yo-Kai Watch anime, though it may be because I only watched not a lot of it and mainly early episodes, don't know if he gets better as time goes on, I just know that hedies in the second movie or something, I didn't really understood what was going on when I was watching the 5 minute clip of the second Yo-Kai Watch movie on YouTube. So yeah, he gets what I gave to Jibanyan for want but like, 1% less. Because everything I could say about him was already said for Jibanyan.

Nominations: Xion as Sora's echo x10 (if I get the 5 extra from writing the paragraphs)

Prediction
Ezio: 8.7%

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lmao FFX/X2 HD just went on sale, great timing.

Not Jibanyan

Chance: 0% Yokai Watch has all but outright died while have struggled severly to make any precense outside of Japan despite Nintendo heavily pushing it. I don't think it's fair to dismiss it as a Pokemon clone but damn near everyone else did to the point TPC felt threatened by it for some reason. As for Nate, he has one big issue, he's not the mascot. While Nate has an edge when compared to other monster collecters as he's not replaced through a revolving cast constantly, Jibanyan would be the one to actually make the cut, everyone's parents recognize Pikachu after all, but not Ash. Jibanyan was just rated like last week too and Nate just doesn't have much of an edge

Want: 0% I may think Yokai Watch deserves to be looked at for it's own merits, but if you ask me there's not much to like when you do so, to make matters worse is that Nate himself is a rather grounded child, meaning you don't have Nate use interesting moves or anything but rather summon Yokai instead, summoning characters can be cool, but having a character who can't do anything interesting by themselves isn't imo, so yeah, Nate doesn't appeal to me in the slightest

Miriam x10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Want: 0% I may think Yokai Watch deserves to be looked at for it's own merits, but if you ask me there's not much to like when you do so, to make matters worse is that Nate himself is a rather grounded child, meaning you don't have Nate use interesting moves or anything but rather summon Yokai instead, summoning characters can be cool, but having a character who can't do anything interesting by themselves isn't imo, so yeah, Nate doesn't appeal to me in the slightest
but he can do things by himself

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Big Nate
Double zeroes
I already don't see a Yokai Watch character happening since that series seems to be kinda on its way out but if it does, it's more than likely gonna be Jibanyan. Nate Adams would basically be the Yokai Watch equivelant of Pokemon trainer and would require a ton more development. PT already feels like a one time thing. I don't see us getting a character like that again, especially not for Yokai Watch where it honestly wouldn't be worth it. They'd just be better of sticking to Jibanyan. I already wouldn't care to see that cat in Smash, so I especially wouldn't care to see him bring two more weirdos along with him and have the dev time be tripled.

Ezio: 7.53%
Deltarune content x5 (Can anybody remind me how many sentences are required for a 10x again?)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
but he can do things by himself
If I'm misinformed then by all means, what can Nate do by himself, as in, no Yokai at all, that would be fun? Is he an expert in martial arts? Does he have crazy powers? I'm not too familiar with what could have happened in later games but in the first game Nate was grounded, he couldn't run endlessly because he's a small child and he can't cross the roads unless there's a zebra crossing or else he'll be in danger. Those mechanics deliberately make you feel like you're a regular child

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If I'm misinformed then by all means, what can Nate do by himself, as in, no Yokai at all, that would be fun? Is he an expert in martial arts? Does he have crazy powers? I'm not too familiar with what could have happened in later games but in the first game Nate was grounded, he couldn't run endlessly because he's a small child and he can't cross the roads unless there's a zebra crossing or else he'll be in danger. Those mechanics deliberately make you feel like you're a regular child
as I said in my post: blaster, drill, sword, hammer, paper fan, paralysing trap, rocket punch, time bombs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
as I said in my post: blaster, drill, sword, hammer, paper fan, paralysing trap, rocket punch, time bombs
I'm gonna be honest, I skip your long posts as I find them very hard to read due to the lack of proper grammar, though looking at the post, those weapons and tools were only a thing in the fourth and to my knowledge, the final game. I don't see a character having a moveset mostly based on 1 game, especially one that sounds so... Incoherent. Thanks for correcting me though, it's appreciated

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Abstaining for today, don't know much about Yo-kai Watch. I'll just say that I think Jibanyan is its frontrunner, and even so, a Yo-kai Watch character isn't very likely.

Nomination: Zero (Mega Man) x5
Prediction: Ezio gets a 15%

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
those things i listed are across three games

also dont take shots at people's grammar its just rude
I'm not taking a shot, I just missed when you said that about what Nate's able to do, and I evidently missed it again because you don't seperate sentences, just general advice, try using commas more, I don't care about spelling and **** as I know there are disabilities that make reading letters harder, it's just that your lack of punctuation makes your posts harder to read to me, which is again, why I chose to skip the post at first

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not taking a shot, I just missed when you said that about what Nate's able to do, and I evidently missed it again because you don't seperate sentences, just general advice, try using commas more, I don't care about spelling and **** as I know there are disabilities that make reading letters harder, it's just that your lack of punctuation makes your posts harder to read to me, which is again, why I chose to skip the post at first
I did separate my sentences, it’s full of full stops

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So yeah, he gets what I gave to Jibanyan for want but like, 1% less.
I have no clue what score you gave to Jibanyan, if you want me to count your scores I'm going to need an actual number.
Can anybody remind me how many sentences are required for a 10x again?
If I'm getting it right, it would be:
• If you give two scores, then 10 (5 for each).
• If you give one score and abstain on the other, then I think just 5?
• If you abstain completely, then 5.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Me: makes a long-ass post about why Tidus could be picked over other Final Fantasy characters
Everyone: I just don't see any reason why he'd be picked over everyone else
Hurtsman.png

Klonoa x240
Moogle x225
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x205
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x195
Echo: Xion (Sora) x183
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x180
Concept: Deltarune content x176

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x162
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x162
Alex Mason x160
The Stretchers x155
Billy Hatcher x155
Zelda (BotW universe) x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
Amiya (Arknights) x135
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x131
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x100
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x90
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x88
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x84
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x74
Boss: Ender Dragon x73
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: Rocket League rep x70
Zero (Mega Man) x70
Stage: Bowser's Castle x66
Giygas x60
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) x55
Concept: A Bravely Default character x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Boss: Rayquaza x50
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x25

Under 25

Echo: Coco (Crash) x10
Miriam x10
Tetra x10
Hajime Hinata x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5

Prince of All Cosmos rolls past 200 noms. Echo: Xion passes Concept: Content from currently unreleased game, and is now in fifth place.

The Stretchers, Billy Hatcher and Zelda cross 150 noms.

Arthur and Concept: A Bravely Default character fight past 50 noms.

Chibi-Robo plugs in with 25 noms.

Joining the list we have another rerate of Thrall, with 5 noms.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I don't have an opinion on Nate being the Yo-kai Watch rep. I'd honestly prefer Jibanyan, though.

Nominations: Billy Hatcher x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Klonoa x240
Moogle x225
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x205
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x195
Echo: Xion (Sora) x183
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x180
Concept: Deltarune content x176

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x162
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x162
Alex Mason x160
The Stretchers x155
Billy Hatcher x155
Zelda (BotW universe) x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
Amiya (Arknights) x135
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x131
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x100
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x90
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x88
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x84
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x74
Boss: Ender Dragon x73
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: Rocket League rep x70
Zero (Mega Man) x70
Stage: Bowser's Castle x66
Giygas x60
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) x55
Concept: A Bravely Default character x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Boss: Rayquaza x50
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x25

Under 25

Echo: Coco (Crash) x10
Miriam x10
Tetra x10
Hajime Hinata x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5

Prince of All Cosmos rolls past 200 noms. Echo: Xion passes Concept: Content from currently unreleased game, and is now in fifth place.

The Stretchers, Billy Hatcher and Zelda cross 150 noms.

Arthur and Concept: A Bravely Default character fight past 50 noms.

Chibi-Robo plugs in with 25 noms.

Joining the list we have another rerate of Thrall, with 5 noms.
I don’t mean to sound selfish, but Sakura Shinguji’s nominations haven’t changed at all even though I’ve been rating her alongside Xion.

Last edited:

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
American professional freestyle motocross rider and extreme sports athlete

Chance: 1%
Firstly, I never played Yokai Watch so I'm ignorant on the game series. There are three points I'll tackle with Yokai Watch.

• It's not Nintendo exclusive/It's not a Nintendo franchise
  • It's too new (relative to other third party franchises) to have a strong legacy
  • Can its popularity beat out other major 3rd party franchises?

The first point against Yokai Watch is that it's not exclusive to Nintendo. This makes the bar really high to get a roster spot as now Nate Adam's is competing against the heavy hitters from all third parties. That's where having a strong legacy becomes very important. 2013 may be seven years ago but compared to the other franchises that give Yokai Watch competition, it's not that long. Even within Level-5 itself, Professor Layton was 13 years ago and had a good legacy with Nintendo for most of that time. It's not just the time frame because a 7 year old franchise can have a chance if it's popularity is large enough. Though from what I can tell from the series from some quick research, it seem the series might have already past it's prime. If Yokai Watch was Nintendo this wouldn't be a problem but unfortunately they are not. Unless something big happens and Yokai Watch explodes in sales and hype, I don't see Nate Adams or Yokai Watch passing up other third parties for a coveted slot and even if something big happens it's already too late for this Fighter Pass.

Want: Abstain
I have not played a Yokai Watch game. I didn't even know who Nate Adams was before this thread.

Noms: Lu Bu x5 (x10 if the chance paragraph counts)
Predict Ezio: 43%

Sorry if I was too rough on Nate Adams.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Nate the Hate

Chance: 0%

Yokai-Watch is a franchise that is well past its prime, as we've already talked about at length when we last rated Jibanyan. Back during the Smash 4 days, a rep for the series could have reasonably happened, but these days, it really doesn't seem that likely. What doesn't help Nate's case in particular is that from what I can gather, he really wouldn't represent what the series is about all that well.

Want: 0%
If this series was to get a character, I'd prefer it to be one of the creatures that it is, you know, actually about. And then, I just don't want a character from the series to begin with.

Nominating Concept: A Bravely Default character x5.

Predicting Ezio to get around 11.01%.

amageish

Smash Master
Nate

Chance: 2%. In Smash, it usually sucks being the mascot character. As Sakurai continues to esculate the design philosophy of "characters should feel like they've directly been plucked out of their original games," it feels like protagonists always have the upper hand over mascot characters - give my regards to Slime supporters.

That said, I feel like if there is one genre that would buck this trend, then that is the monster-collecting genre. Nate could have a unique and fun moveset of his own, but Jibanyan is the one who sells the plushies... the very large amount of plushies... the insane amount of plushies... Seriously, Yokai Watch makes more money as a plushie and merch line then it ever did as a video game franchise... Plus, Jibanyan is still central to the combat of Yokai Watch games, so it's not like he'd be inaccurately representing the core gameplay of Yoaki Watch. Nate feels like a great choice for a second rep for Yokai Watch, but not the logical pick for the first one...

So, competition + the usual song and dance about Yokai Watch's sales decline and Level-5's general scrambling lately... It's possible, but I think it'd require Nintendo and Level-5 working together for a planned comeback of this IP which centers Nate in some way? Lots of things would have to align very nicely for him to make it in.

Want: 50%. I'd be confused, but certainly not opposed to his inclusion. His Final Smash better be a 12 minute lecture on traffic safety though.

Nominations: Moogle x5 and Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x5, if my rambling actually counts...
Predictions: I checked out the list of high-grossing media franchises on Wikipedia and Yokai Watch is actually just a couple slots above Assassin's Creed. I find that funny. 8%.

The first point against Yokai Watch is that it's not exclusive to Nintendo. This makes the bar really high to get a roster spot as now Nate Adam's is competing against the heavy hitters from all third parties.
While I get that the latest games going multiplatform hurt his odds, I feel like this overlooks the fact most of the Yokai Watch games available in English were published by Nintendo themselves... It only recently went multiplatform, likely due to Level-5 kind of being on fire and making a lot of... unique business decisions.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
While I get that the latest games going multiplatform hurt his odds, I feel like this overlooks the fact most of the Yokai Watch games available in English were published by Nintendo themselves... It only recently went multiplatform, likely due to Level-5 kind of being on fire and making a lot of... unique business decisions.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Their relationship with Nintendo is weirder than I thought.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don’t mean to sound selfish, but Sakura Shinguji’s nominations haven’t changed at all even though I’ve been rating her alongside Xion.
You didn't reach the required number of sentences, so that's why.
  • It's not Nintendo exclusive/It's not a Nintendo franchise
  • It's too new (relative to other third party franchises) to have a strong legacy
  • Can its popularity beat out other major 3rd party franchises?
I mean, I don't think Yo-kai Watch is getting a fighter either, but all those points also apply to Bayonetta.
im feeling that pain right now
At least we tried.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Nate Adams

Chance - 0.05% - When it comes to Mons series like Pokémon, the obvious choice is typically the main mascot creature. While Nate has a slight advantage in that he is the constant kid who controls the monsters, overall most Mons series tend to shy away from violence on humans, and as the creatures are the real star of the show that undead cat who I can't spell would most likely get in if Youkai Watch did get selected. That said, even then his series is no longer the major Pokémon rival it once was heralded as, as it failed to move beyond his home country and is now having to deal with a burst bubble. Overall I have much more faith in Prof. Layton getting in, due to longer lasting legacy. Given he's an unlikely character in a franchise that is far from guarantied to get in, I don't see him supper likely at all.

Want - 40% - Youkai Watch is kinda eh to me. I'd normally be rather neutral, but I'd like Layton in, so I'm docking a few points.

Nominations

Monster Hunter X5

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I don't think Yo-kai Watch is getting a fighter either, but all those points also apply to Bayonetta.
Bayonetta might have started out as third party and not even on Nintendo but her game series became a 2nd party exclusive to Nintendo from Bayonetta 2 and onwards. Back then that change was a big deal. Also Bayonetta was a special case because of the Fighter Ballot. IMO Nintendo chose Bayo from all the contenders on top of the list because of the switch to 2nd party. Even without the legacy, as a second party character and with the popularity to get high on the Ballot, Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash 4 DLC wasn't that unexpected.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
EZIO AUDI-JUMPMAN DI-MUSHROOM KINGDOM

Chance: 60%

Assassin’s Creed is one of Ubisoft’s money machines. Knowing them, they’ll probably push for an Assassin’s Creed character. Considering that Altair from the Altair series was a Mii Costume (and in Vol. 1), that probably eliminates some competition for Ezio. Plus, Ubisoft’s pretty close to Nintendo, so that won’t be much of a problem. The only real obstacle will be if Nintendo pushes for Rayman.

Want: abstain
I’ve never played Assassin’s Creed, so I don’t really care that much. If we get a character, I’ll be fine with it.

…Even though I’m kinda sick of all the Assassin’s Creed stuff Ubisoft is shoving down our throats. Seriously, give Rayman some love! You totally whiffed his 25th anniversary.

Shuichi: 20%

Noms:
Xion as Sora’s Echo x3
Sakura Shinguji x2

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Ezio Auditore
It's undeniable that Assassin's Creed is one of Ubisoft's big moneymakers. I remember that many, many years ago, even though I had no idea about what it was about, I still knew the name. Now, I know that it's a game about winning a fistfight with the Pope.

No, really. That actually happened. I kid you not, Ezio Auditore punched out the Pope as the final boss of Assassin's Creed II.

Pope-punching aside, I'd say that Ezio has a pretty good shot. AC is huge, as mentioned above, and Ubi's pretty close to Nintendo. However, there's a very large question mark in the form of the Altair Mii. Usually, I'd count this as a deconfirm; The series got a Mii with no fighter in sight. However, Ezio's the face of the series, not Altair, and unlike Spring Man, he's had about a decade to solidify that position. It'd be like adding the Warrior of Light before Cloud, or the SMT1 Hero instead of Demi-Fiend or Joker. As a result of this oddity, I'll have to assign him a 50%, because that could go either way.

As for want, I'll give him a 55%; Don't know much about him, but the music's great and he could do something interesting with a backstab gimmick, or unload a bunch of weapons on you like in Soulcalibur V.

I predict Shuichi to get a 17.54%, with Monokuma/Junko eating up most of the DR votes.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Legendary Assassin in White
Chance: 45%: While Altair's Mii Costume could hurt him, I don't think it affects him, especially since Ezio is far more popular and far more recognizable then Altair. It's a Cloud situation here, if I'm being honest. And I do think he's the Ubisoft frontrunner or at least tied with Rayman.
Want: 98%: I love Assassin's Creed II, and an Ezio moveset could be incredibly creative. As well, Assassin's Creed II has a ton of great music, so I'd be down. Really, any content that isn't from the modern Assassin's Creed games I'm down for.
Nominations: Hajime Hinata x5
Predictions: 5%, because Shuichi is a walking spoiler for V3 and I doubt people would even think he'd be the protag to happen at all.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Ezio
Chance: 30%
Assassin's Creed is definitely Ubisoft's biggest series at the moment. I'm sure they'd be more than open to go with it given the chance. There were also some Ubisoft costumes added back in FP1, and oddly enough, an AC one that isn't Ezio, despite him easily being the face of the series. Whether this means Ubisoft is out of the running or not is up in the air, but I do find it quite odd that they went for an AC costume and it wasn't Ezio himself. Although, who knows? Despite AC being a huge franchise, it's not a guarantee, as we saw with Resident Evil getting just a spirit event. This all being said though, Ubisoft is very close to Nintendo and I think a character from them is possible, mostly depending on the timing of the last FP1 costumes.

Want: 20%
I've tried very little of AC, but I wouldn't mind him. Given what you can do in these games I'd imagine him to be a pretty nimble/versatile fighter, and well, it is a big franchise for sure. Though I'd rather other Ubisoft characters, particularly Rayman (no surprise there) so the want is lower. That being said I think there's merit to Ezio.

Nomination: Zero (Mega Man) x5
Prediction: 8% for Shuichi. I imagine Monokuma will be mentioned a lot.

Top Bottom