• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Lana Chance: 5%

Want: 30%

Blue Bowser Prediction: 1% (I'm damn near certain someone's going to give this more than a zero in chance even though it shouldn't)

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lana:
Chance: 1%.
Perish the thought. She's arguably the best likely Hyrule Warriors character, being the tritagonist (Impa would be based on her canon appearances, Cia is probably too risque and Linkle is basically a side character). But...secondary hero from a Zelda spin-off game, a series that has never gotten any characters aside from Triforce wielders, even recurring ones?

Not to mention it's not clear whether Nintendo even owns the character (Nintendo is not even in the opening credits of Hyrule Warriors). All of it bodes poorly and her competition is extremely fierce. Unless Lana becomes Geno levels of popular (doutbful, she hardly ever gets brought up for Zelda reps), she'd need something close to a miracle to happen.

Want: 95%. Lana is probably the only Zelda character that my want for is even in the same ballpark as Midna. And honestly, my shock from it would be even greater, to the degree her initial reveal might make me even happier. Her moveset would be so cool and I just really like her as a character.

Nominations: Solaire of Astora x5?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lana

Chance: 1%

Being a spin-off exclusive character with declining support from a franchise where the majority of candidates for its next newcomers are one-off major characters does not spell out well for Lana.

Want: 0%

Not interested.

------

Predictons

Blue Bowser (Super Mario): 0.03%

This won't end well.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Lana

Chance: 1% - Spin off character with a lot of competition. Not very likely.

Want: 1% - Would like a new Zelda character, so I wouldn't be upset at her inclusion, but there's a library of characters I'd prefer before her.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Lana
All she has going for her is her unique moveset potential. She isn't important enough to the Zelda series, she's from a spin off, she's owned at least in part by a third party, she isn't that popular or requested.

I'm sorry to her fans, but Zelda hasn't gotten a true newcomer since Melee and to have a third party spinoff character (who imo doesn't even look like a Zelda character) be added before/instead of Impa, Tingle, a decloned Ganondorf, or one of the many one-off main characters like Midna, a sage, a champion, etc., would just feel wrong.

Blue Bowser: *sigh* 0.96%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x3, Neku x2

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance: 5%
  • LoZ character
  • Spinoff character
  • Might be owned by Koei Tecmo, we don't know how they interact with Smash yet.
  • Competition with bigger characters
Lana has so many hoops to jump through, and these are just the ones I could name off of the top of my head. LoZ characters that aren't "LONK, ZELDUR, OR GANONDWARTH" (or most recently the champions to an extent) aren't marketed at all.

She does have some popularity from what I've seen and proven relevance by both existing before Smash Switch development and being ported to the Switch just a few months before Smash. Quite a favorable position for Lana to be in. New enough to be known but also old enough to be justified to the dev team. Also, being a mage, if Sakurai can see a unique moveset coming out of her than he'll be sure to at least consider Lana as a playable fighter which is a worthy accomplishment in and of its self.

Just looking at that bubbly smile she gives always throws me off. Is it the aesthetic of HW? Is it because she is as some would say it, too "anime"? Possibly the controversial tropes in character design that ensue from that? While there are few mages on the roster, Lana isn't exactly one I'd pick to fill that gap.

Blue Bowser Prediction: .1986%
I at least applaud the effort.

Noms: Azura x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Lana
Want: 1%

Blue Bowser Prediction: .001%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Lana
Chance- 2%
Spin-off character with little demand and questionable rights. Don't see it happening.

Want- 10%
I've gotten some good fun out of Hyrule Warriors, and Lana could have a decent moveset. Even so, I don't think she's done enough to merit being in Smash.

Blue Bowser Predictions- 0.6%

Nominations:
Impa x5

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Lana
Chance: 2.5%
There are other Zelda characters that are far more popular, relevant, and aren’t from a spin-off game that wasn’t developed by a 3rd party.

Want: 11%
Would be OK with her addition, but there are many other Zelda characters that take priority.

Predictions:
Blue Bowser: 1.08%
Are we seriously wasting an entire day on this guy? (Please be a double day)

Nominations:
KOS-MOS x 5

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Lana Chance:
5%
She definitely unlikely, but I wouldn't count her out completely. It is hard to pick Zelda newcomers because most characters only stick around for one game. I think her weapon is unique and Sakurai might see potential in her, but being from a spin-off and probably not going to come back for a new game makes her unlikely.

Lana Want:
30%
I think she has potential as a character, but I'm not actively hoping for her inclusion.

Blue Bowser Predictions:
0.46%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Lana

Chances: 5%
Sakurai has stated that he'd rather not pull from spinoffs like Hyrule Warriors, but even if he did, there are many more characters in line that are more likely than her.

I've really quite disliked this character. She's really annoying, to me anyway. I'd rather not see her. No offense to anyone who does like her though. Plus the only Zelda character I really want is Skull Kid.

Nominations: Fawful x5

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lana
HW was a surprise success on the Wii U and a game that Nintendo continuously wants to push considering it got two ports in recent years, however I don't think Lana's chances are that high. The most major issue is that we don't know the status of her ownership, if she's owned by Koei Tecmo then she's in a really bad spot since there are other third party characters from the company and outside it that can be considered. Additionally, while important, she's still a one-off character from a spin-off game in the series. Finally, even if they were to pick a one-off character, it's pretty contentious as there are many fan favorites that people want to see from the main series. She does have a decent amount of popularity, but compared to other examples I'm not sure it's enough to make her stand out among the cast, and that can very easily leave her in the dust, especially if she is a third party character.

Want: 25%
She'd be fun, but there are many other Zelda characters that I'd like to see before her.

Nominations: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances: 5%

A third party spinoff character seems unlikely for LoZ. I feel LoZ is quite probable to get a new character, but it won't be Lana. I'd even expect Cia before Lana (Cia too risque? I present to you...Bayonetta), to be honest, and Linkle seems more probable as well. I give it a token 5% because they could want to rep Hyrule Warriors in some way given rereleases and it IIRC being fairly popular, and if they do, Lana is a remote possibility if nothing else.

Want: 12%

She could have some decent stuff, but what really pushes this down is the sheer amount of The Legend of Zelda characters I would prefer. Skull Kid, Vaati, Toon Ganondorf, Tetra, Linkle if we wanna go Hyrule Warriors, Ghirahim, Zant, there's so many options from this franchise that I want that it pushes down people I am more tepid on. If LoZ had a large amount of characters, this might rank higher.

Predictoon: Blue Bowser

1.11%

Nomination

KOS-MOS x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Lana
Chance: 4% - Her being a spin-off character definitely seems to hurt her, especially given Sakurai's history of only repping Zelda with the Triforce trio. If a Deuteragonist from a main series Zelda title (like Midna) can't make it into Smash than what chance does a deuteragonist from a spin-off title have?
Want: 60% - At least she'd be fun.

Blue Bowser prediction: 0%

Nominations: Azura x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Lana

Chance: 3% - She's a spin-off's one-off. Hyrule Warriors was certainly a big deal, but the only character I think it significantly would help is Impa, not her. A series that hasn't had a proper newcomer since Melee isn't going to make it's resurgence with some generic j-pop magical girl made by another company.

Want: 1% - I was annoyed enough that she took the slot of more worthy existing characters in Hyrule Warriors. Her getting into Smash when so many other characters are on the waiting list would be an insult. At best she could be an Assist Trophy, but all I really want from HW in Smash is a boost to Impa's chances and some music.

Predictions

Blue Bowser: 0.03% - Gonna echo the idea that tomorrow's just going to be a waste of a day if we only talk about this guy. Can we at least do a double day of him and Ever Oasis chump so it's not a complete wash. Heck, we could even rate Bowser Jr. as a vet tomorrow if we want to keep it thematic. This is going to be more of a blowoff day than Shulk's otherwise.

Nominations: Impa x 5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)

Chance: 19%

- There’s the whole issue of her being from a spin-off and whatnot. She does, however, come from a very successful game that has been ported twice and she has a rather big role in the story as well as the WW scenario.

Want: 100%

- My most wanted newcomer. She’s got the moves, the weapons, the Cuccos, the Deku Tree Sprouts, the outfits, personality and meme potential. I hope she makes it as well as the Temple of Souls as a stage.

Prediction

Blue Bowser: 0.3%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x2

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Lana Chance/Want 0%: If there's going to be Hyrule Warriors content it would be inspiring Ganondorf, or maybe some other characters not exclusive to HW like Midna or Zant. Just add a Zelda character and base them entirely off of HW, that's the correct thing to do to "represent" HW. If you want an OC, you'd be better off with Wizzro anyway.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Predict Blue Bowser 100%

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Blue-Haired Anime Girl #58

I want Zelda newcomers...but not the spin-off only one...

Lana's in a similar position to Geno, in that she's an OC from a spin-off who may or may not have rights issues. However, she doesn't have legions of passionate fans.

One of the main complaints about Lana is that she really doesn't seem to fit stylistically with the rest of the Zelda cast. And she's a Mary Sue. And that literally anyone else from the Zelda series should be considered first, as they are actually main-series characters with their own equally powerful fanbases. I know personally, I'd take Midna and/or Ghirahim, plus about 3/4 of the remaining characters (and all four of the BotW champions - HW Switch DLC pls?) before I accepted this anime invader. Besides, if we did want to canonize a HW OC, I vote for Volga anyway.

Prediction for the wasted day: 0.25%
Can we do some double days again? Especially since Mewtwo and Lucas are both in really similar status right now.
Nom: Something from Skyrim x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Lana

Chance 5%: A spin off Legend of Zelda character that might not even be owned by Nintendo. There are more important Legend of Zelda characters like Midna, Skull Kid, Impa and even Tingle that deserve to be in Smash Bros than her.

Want 30%: There are better choices and if she got in over them I'd be very disappointed. However, she wouldn't be the most unwelcome choice.

Nomination:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolution 1x

andimidna

Smash Master
Lana:
It seems much more justifiable to consider the relevance given to pre-established characters than the games’ newbies. She has clear interesting moveset options. For an overarching concept, I could actually see her picked if a summoner character as a concept was desired, as opposed to a Fire Emblem Summoner. However, her and Cia aren’t the first to make portals. I’m p sure the ones Lana uses are based off the ones Impa used in SS? Not sure. Also, Midna is known to make portals too and could be put into that role, it just hasnt been seen before in her case. While hat might make it easy to write off, we also never saw Rosalina directly controlling Lumas before Smash I think? But you don’t question it because it just kinda makes sense. So, even for moveset concepts, I think there are more options. However, if there was any character that was introduced in HW, it’d be Lana. Linkle should be an alt.
Want: 60%
Once again, I really like the character in their game, but I’m just pushing for other Zelda characters

Um
Blue Bowser prediction: 0.2%

x4 Veronica
x1 Azura

Edit: Also I may or may not have given a higher want score just for getting reminded of my mother Lana Del Rey

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Lana

Relevancy isn't everything, sorry. Regardless of everything, Hyrule Warriors is, in fact, a spinoff. I'm not sure if we'll get a Zelda character at all, but popular one-off Zelda characters from the main series haven't had much luck getting in Smash yet, so I have a hard time seeing a one-off from a spin-off suddenly making it in. There is a main game that's around the right time, anyway. Throw in the questionable rights surrounding her and I honestly can't see this happening.

Want: 10%

Don't care much about her and would be more interested in several other Zelda characters.

lol prediction: 1.24%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Lana Chance:
8%
Sadly I don't think she is very likely. TloZ only has triforce users/recurring characters (except shiek). And there is a lot of competition. If we get a new TloZ Cha, then probably a recurring one like Impa or Tingle or a more famous one that did very well in the ballot like Skull Kid or Midna. Was Hyrule Warriors even out when the Ballot started?

Lana Want:
100%
One of my favourite TloZ Characters overall, even though it is just a spin off. I really like her design and personality but most of all there is a big moveset potential. Either with the unique magic, or the deku staff, or the summoning of monsters, including a giant Cuco.

Predict Blue Bowser:
3,83%

Nominations:
5x Slime

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Lana
Chance - 12%
Small chance that Sakurai and Co. decide to promote the series, so I won't rule her out though.
Want - 10%
She could be fun move set wise and has a similar pretty hair color as Spring Man. Besides that she really doesn't interest me. At least she isn't Linkle, the gender bend fan art come to life. If we had to pull from the cast made just for Warriors, I'd rather have Cia or Volga. Cia for being that evil lady that Smash has never had and Volga for looking awesome and making me think of Monster Hunter armor.

Nominations 5x Greninja

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lana

Technically Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off title. We all know how great Waluigi's and Daisy's chances are in getting into Smash. The chances of Lana getting in are the same as Ganondorf getting his current moveset replaced with a HW inspired moveset.

Want: 75%
Hyrule Warriors was my introduction to the Warriors franchise. I had fun using Lana, but Cia was my main. Cia was my first and only character to reach level 255 (highest level you could get in HW). But, I'm contempt with Lana being added as an Assist Trophy. I mean, we have a bunch of Zelda characters as Assist Trophies.

Nominations
Marth and Roy getting their English VAs x5

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x279
Veteran: Lucas x258
Veteran: Mewtwo x238
Veteran: Greninja x236
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x227
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x225
Impa x217
You know, if our veteran trio manages to remain grouped together, can we just do them all in one day? I'd rather do that then have two days with one rating two vets, and the other rating a vet and a newcomer. Rating three vets across three days would just be ridiculous.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Lana
Chance: 20%
No, seriously. I don't think she's likely per se, but I certainly find her more likely than someone like Vaati or Midna. She represents a game that brings together a lot of Zelda characters, is a reasonably popular spin-off in its own right, and is current with a probable future that she will be a part of. As far as potential Zelda newcomers go, she's up there.

Want: 60%
Yeah, I think it would be cool to see her in. Not a big deal, though.

EDIT: I have always found it odd that people consider Lana to be out of place in a game with those great fairies...not to mention a 12-year-old who fights with giant bug spirits, a fish lady, an imp that summons shadow wolves, and a flamboyant sword dancer.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Lana

Chance: Abstain
I'm sorry, who?

Want: 1%
A one-shot from a Dynasty Warriors spin-off? You really want to spend a Zelda newcomer space on that?

Prediction:
Blue Bowser: 0.9%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Late post today
Lana 1%
I mean she's not impossible, but she's so low on the list of priorities that it's pathetic.
Want 0%
Hyrule Warriors brought back so many awesome Zelda characters and people this bozo who didn't even exist before this, typical. At least she's not Linkle I guess

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x5

..... Blue Bowser
Prediction. 0.42%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lana chances: 5%
Hyrule Warriors was a fairly big hit and I could imagine Sakurai going on hiw way adding her for the sake of giving it secific playable representation, although I don't think she's very likely either unless he noticed Geno-like fan demand.

Lana want: 0%
Never played Hyrule Warriors and she doesn't interest me, sorry.

Blue Bowser prediction: 0.15%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x4
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x1

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Lana

Chance: 2%. She's from Hyrule Warriors, but has little else going for her other than that game's success.

Want: 2%. She could have a neat moveset, but eh.

Predictions

Blue Bowser: meme%.

Nominations: Snip + Clip x5

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Lana:
Chance: 1%.
Perish the thought. She's arguably the best likely Hyrule Warriors character, being the tritagonist (Impa would be based on her canon appearances, Cia is probably too risque and Linkle is basically a side character). But...secondary hero from a Zelda spin-off game, a series that has never gotten any characters aside from Triforce wielders, even recurring ones?
Well, technically, Lana is a Triforce wielder, though...

But yeah. No chance.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lana

Big supporting characters in main Zelda games have trouble getting in (given, most of the popular picks have serious flaws), so I can't see it happening for Lana. She's a filler character from a Musou game and a Koei Tecmo OC. Is there at least some data that proves she's one of the most popular characters in Hyrule Warriors? That might boost her chances a little.

Chance: 0%

Predictions: Blue Bowser

I must admit, I smiled when I saw this. This is a very exotic nomination. To be honest, I'm not mad about this one, even if I think it works better as an alternate costume concept.

Chance: 0.96%
Want: 1.23%

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
You know, if our veteran trio manages to remain grouped together, can we just do them all in one day? I'd rather do that then have two days with one rating two vets, and the other rating a vet and a newcomer. Rating three vets across three days would just be ridiculous.
I second this, I realize that sometimes we have to roll with the punches, but let's also try to make things more convenient.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Oh my I can’t believe I missed Micaiah’s day :(

Lana

Chance 1%
Want 0%

I think a new Spin off Zelda character has to climb the ladder before joining Smash. I mean think about it, the Mario spin off characters have been around longer than a decade and none have Smash playable appearance (yet). It would be very odd if Lana had priority over the canon Zelda characters like Impa, the Champions, Midna etc.

Kamek x1
Arcade Bunny x4

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Lana

Hyrule Warriors is popular and she'd be one of the only real choices as a mascot for that game, but given how much trouble Zelda characters have getting in even when they deserve it i'm not sold

Want: 40%
I would sell my soul for multiple Zelda newcomers, and i'm sure she'd be legitimately fun, but she'd behind some much bigger hitters on my wishlist for that franchise alone.

Nominate Ganon x5

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Lana

Chance: 15% - Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off, made by Koei-Tecmo. Lana likely belongs to them, and she's only been in Hyrule warriors. but she's proven to be pretty popular and has good potential for a moveset, plus Hyrule Warriors is being released for a THIRD TIME soon, so I'd say Hyrule Warriors is somewhat of a big deal. so I'd say she has more of a shot than some might think, but not very high.

Want: 55% - I liked Hyrule Warriors, I played Lana a LOT in it, she's a neat character. and her 3 weapons would all come together for something cool. she isn't among my top wants. but I'd be happy to see her in and likely play her a fair bit

Prediction for B... Blue Bowser? ... is that right... ? seriosuly? hmm, well. ok. *ahem* predicion for Blue Bowser: 0.02%

Nominations

Qbby x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Micaiah's Rates will appear when Lana's Day ends?
They usually do when the next rating period starts, so that whoever predicted her score correctly (or the closest to it) the day before will be notified as the new day starts so they can add their extra nominations...

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'd like to third the idea of doing the vets as a trio day. It'd also help with the tie between Impa and Black Shadow, as we'd then be rating both of them and Agumon that week. Make tomorrow a double day too so Blue Bowser isn't a waste, and we can knock out all the 200+ vote characters at once!

Top Bottom