• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not really demanding anyone do anything. Just saying that if someone's goal is to play the best games out there you're missing out on a lot if you only stick to one specific brand. It would be like if I wanted to enjoy Pizza to the highest amount possible but only ate Dominos
I agree but some people might not want to play the best games out there. I imagine that most people who are fans of Smash don't endeavor to have an encyclopedic knowledge of games, they just want to have the characters they know.

If all you ever knew is Nintendo, and you don't want to leave your comfort zone, well, you could be doing way worse.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
No 3rd parties:

0.000001% chance - Im in the minority. In fact im in the minority of the minority. I like Smash when its mainly about Nintendo. I love all of Nintendos characters. I want to see as many of them playable as possible. More 3rd party characters means less 1st party characters. Im also in it mainly for the amiibo than the actual characters at this point as im mostly over Ultimate as a game as I dont like a lot of the games mechanics and the online is ultra bootycheeks deluxe which has turned me away from the game. But since Ultimate is basically amiibo's last hurrah I just want more 1st party characters that dont have amiibo based on them yet.

That being said as stated above Nintendo knows that they have very few major 1st party characters left that can draw a big enough crowd (Dixie, Funky, Waluigi, Bandana Dee, Sword/Shield Pokemon, Rex/Pyra, a Zelda character) that's not very many tbh. Where as Nintendo knows they could add literally any 3rd party character they wanted and instantly sell millions because for some reason to most people the idea of adding the 18th 3rd party character to Smash is still somehow shocking and surprising. "OMG Bubsy is in SMASH!? Who would've thought that this 3rd party character would come to Smash!?"

Want 100% - I explained why above. I just want the 1st party character amiibo at this point. Since amiibo sales are dying, Nintendo has slowed amiibo production down because of it (and because of the Animal Crossing line bombing hard) and Smash is amiibo's last hurrah. Might as well use Smash as a way to ring out as many first party characters as possible. Yes like I said Im in the minority of the minority, I could care less about the game at this point and just want the adjacent figures. Does that make me selfish? Yup and idgaf.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
ah but just because the vast majority like something doesnt mean they will. there is nothing wrong with playing only nintendo
I agree but some people might not want to play the best games out there. I imagine that most people who are fans of Smash don't endeavor to have an encyclopedic knowledge of games, they just want to have the characters they know.

If all you ever knew is Nintendo, and you don't want to leave your comfort zone, well, you could be doing way worse.
I suppose. Personally I have no brand loyalty when it comes to games(minus never owning an X-box because the only thing that I cared about there was Halo) but if you do then that's fine. Just not something I can imagine wanting to do at all

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
No third parties

Chance - 0.05% - Third parties have become a major point of Smash. While it still seems to be Nintendo-focuses, there will probably always be a third party who will be able to turn the heads of those not already interested.

Want - 20% - Thus far, I have mostly enjoyed the first party additions more than the third parties. In fact, my most wanted is actually still first party. That said, there are still some third parties that I want; while I might not feel as bad as some others, I still would like some.

Nominations

Lip X5

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
No third parties

Chance: 15%

I can see this happening, with Byleth followed by an ARMS rep. Seems rather extreme. Not to mention pratically caters to a single demographic, but this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Want: 0%

There's only one way I'll jump aboard this first party train. Ganon, Impa, Midna, Skull Kid, and Vaati are the destinations.

That ain't happenin' Jack.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Kasumi from Dead or Alive.

Predict Terra Branford from Final Fantasy.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Dead or Alive mood:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kasumi

Chance/Want: Abstain. Don't play enough of the series for an opinion on it.

Prediction: Terra Branford 34%

Nominations: Fulgore x 5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
My only experience with this series was playing it for a few minutes at the fast food section at a mall as a kid against some other random kid I think
Chance: 1%
I know very little about this series but the way I see it, Kasumi just suffers from competition from other Koei series and fighting games. Dynasty Warriors is arguably Koei's flagship series while Ninja Gaiden holds more legacy and is more associated with Nintendo. None of the main DoA titles have released on Nintendo platforms. I also don't see the pass being mostly filled with fighting game characters like this. I think series such as Tekken, Soulcalibur and Guilty Gear would be prioritized. Arms basically already counts as one too.

Want: Abstaining

Terra: 3.74%
Papyrus x3
Dr Eggman x2

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Kasumi

Chance: 0.5%
If we get a Koei Tecmo rep, it will most likely be Hayabusa. And even beyond that, I don't think that DoA will get representation before Tekken or Soul Calibur as a 3D fighter. The only thing she has for her is that the DoA developers said that he would like to have her in Smash, but at best it would have her join in the next Smash, like Snake did.

Want: 20%
I don't play DoA a lot, but Kasumi is cool, and fighting games character are super fun to play. Also one of my friend is a big DoA fan, so it would be nice for him.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not to be confused with P5R
Chance: 20%

Dead or Alive is a popular franchise, but Koei Tecmo might wanna use Ryu Hayabusa or a Dynasty Warriors character first. The latter they'd probably wanna push for Smash's first musou character.

Just rather they got Hayabusa out of the way first. And besides, DOA6 and their DLC HAIR COLORS left a bad taste in my mouth.

Terra: 5%

Noms: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies ×5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Kasumi
Abstain. I've heard of Dead or Alive, but I really only know of it's existance. Idk anything else about the series at all

Noms: Alex Mason x5

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Kasumi

Chance: 1%

Mai's case pretty much spells doom on Kasumi. Unlike Mai, Kasumi doesn't have less lewd outfit to fall back to. She suffers from revealing thigh and cleavage. That's not even mentioning competiton from Ryu Hayabusa and other fighting game rep.

Want: 55%

I used to play DOA. I think Kasumi would be pretty neat addition. But, I wouldn't put her before Ryu Hayabusa.

Terra: 6%

Nom: Neptune from Neptunia x 5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Kasumi

Chance: 5%. I don't know too much about Dead or Alive franchise, hence why I giving her this rating. Chances are however, she may not be in this game, and even if she did, its more likely that she would appear as a spirit or Mii costume then a fighter, but it's not impossible.

Want: 50%. I don't know much about Kasumi, but she would be a fun character to play as. But since I don't know too much, and I'm trying to be less repetitive (and it's quite difficult), I'll be on the fence for her choice.

Prediction: Terra (5%)

Noms: 2 for concept: Pokeball Pokémon promotion and 3 for Gooigi

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive played on doa game, but i could not tell which she was, or any of them for that matter. mayabe the ninja gaiden guy

so if its all the same ill just abstain and nominate nate adams x5

looking forward to rating terra

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Kasumi

Chance: 5% - The DoA developers have expressed interest in her inclusion in Smash, but beyond that she faces major difficulties. For one, she has a lack of Nintendo representation, with no Dead or Alive main series games on Nintendo systems. The other is the amount of competition she faces from the flagship Dynasty Warriors to the iconic Ninja Gaiden. To add to it, with characters from much bigger fighting games still in consideration, Kasumi just doesn't seem like a character who'd be prioritized.

Want: 5% - I don't have any experience with her franchise, and while she wouldn't be a bad choice, there are a lot of characters I'd much rather see. Furthermore, I'd want to see her gain some Nintendo representation first.

Nominations:
Louie x5

Predictions:
Terra Branford - 4.67%

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Maaaan i missed the NO third party day, sucks man.

Well, what do we have today?

Misty the Ninja.

Chance:10%

Okay, im on the camp of "Ryu Hayabusa or no one camp" for this. Let me show you this with a rivalry of another 2 SNK reps. Terry and Kyo.

Terry Bogard is the protagonist of Fatal Fury, a series that was one of the important firsts steps for SNK when it came to their development of fighting games. The series's last installment was Garou: Mark of the Wolves in 1999. The series entered into a hiatus even before Melee's release. Even BANJO & KAOOZIE got more games in the 21st century.

Yeah, he's in Kof.........and that's it. His inclusion in the KOF series only really amounts to his popularity and legacy, like Captain Falcon and Ness, but he's not an important part of the series' lore and story, he's just there because SNK and the fans want them to be there. Im not beign hyperbole when i say that the US Sports Team in a way were more important to KOF 97's story than Terry is in most KoF games.

Kyo, on the other hand, is THE STAR of the KOF series, namely the Orochi saga, but even after that he was still and important figure beyond beign added as playable for seniority sake (K´'s powers are cloned from Kyo, Ash Crimson attacked Chizuru and Iori, both characters who are heavily tied to Kyo) no matter how far the series goes, people and SNK will never forget the original Hero of what now has become THE most popular SNK series of all time. It's far to say that there are SOME people that know SNK JUST because of King of Fighters (well, that and Samurai Showdown and Metal Slug). Hell, Kyo was one of the main faces present in Capcom Vs SNK games being the designated rival of RYU, MR FIGHTING GAME HIMSELF, while Terry settled for Ken.

and yet..........Sakurai choose Terry, agruably because of his seniority and larger presence in the SNK sphere as a whole, Fatal Fury's death nowithstanding.

Ryu Hayabusa is in Terry's position, while Kasumi is in Kyo's. Dead or Alive seels better than Ninja Gaiden, but that's it. Minecraft sells better than BK and Banjo still got in, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil sell better than Mega Man and Street Fighter and yet the former two are represented without playable content while the latter 2 are, etc.

Ryu Hayabusa also appears in Dead or Alive, not as a guest character, but as a full on canon member of the cast. Hell unlike Terry's role in KOF he is far more substantial than just being there for the sake of it, (he was the Champion of Dead or Alive 2's tournament for one) and furthermore unlike Terry, his series actually managed to survive into the 21st century with the Ninja Gaiden Hack and Slash games, and Ninja Gaiden 3 was on the Wii U and there was a spin off game on the DS. From what i have seen, there's no reason for me to believe she would be chosen over Ryu Hayabusa, a character who is very close and recognizable to Nintendo's playerbase due to his outings in the 80's, managed to survive into the 21st century, is also an important character in Kasumi's own franchise, and appears regulary even after Ninja Gaiden's recent hiatus.

Keep in mind, i didn't even touch the whole "good boys and girls" aspect. Which yeah, i don't think will exactly deny her an entry, but it's pretty telling that the one of the few Dead or Alive game on a Nintendo console (the other beign DOA Dimensions on 3DS): The Switch, is not Dead or Alive 6, but...........you know. Just an observation. Hell that game is more talked about than DOA6 nowadays.

When i rated Alucard, i mentioned that if i rated him before Simon's confirmation i would have rated him a 0%. That principle holds true for Kasumi too.

I want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash. Not as passionately as other characters like Waluigi, but i would be really damn ****ing dissapointed if she makes it first.

Predictions: Terra Branford: 4%

Man, the one female character i actually give a **** about (outside of Dixie) is so damn unlikely.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Yoshizawa

Chance: 10%. Third parties may or may not be in the best spot right now, but Kasumi was never in the cards as far as I can see. Her biggest problem isn't that there's bigger Koei-Tecmo and/or fighting game fish to fry (say, Ryu Hayabusa and Dynasty Wars, or... Tekken, Mortal Kombat, even an indie if they wanna go down that road...). I think it's that her series has gone down a dark road, and thus her fan demand is extremely minimal while also attracting mostly not-so-good press for both DoA and Smash. If Bayo can squirm by and not get Mai Shiranui'd, perhaps the same could be said of Kasumi, but I think that might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Want: I would normally abstain here. But from what I've heard, DoA is not the most popular series anymore for gouging player money constantly in the most recent game (I might be misremembering or my brain might've exaggerated it to a degree or two). Plus, Ryu Hayabusa is still a fan favorite who I think should take priority. So I'll give her a mere 5%. Doesn't help that I haven't touched her games and don't really care for another ninja when we have one who is basically the king of third party ninjas. But she ain't from SEGA, so...

Red x 5. Terra is a character who many will rave over but be saddended by her low likelihood. I don't think I'll be. 5.36%.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Our first volleyball-themed fighter

Chance: 10%
Damn, I thought people would give this more of a shot. Tiddies or not, Dead or Alive is still recognized as one of the premier 3D fighting game franchises. I agree that Hayabusa is light years likelier, but this should be in consideration; certainly moreso than Dynasty Warriors, which features historical figures as its characters. While Dead or Alive has a reputation for being lewd, it can be toned down - heck, Dead or Alive Dimensions was rated T (coincidentally, that was on the 3DS, so we do have DoA fighters on Nintendo consoles and not just the Xtreme games). I get that DoA6 with its ****ty business practices left a sour taste in many people's mouths, but we've already had ****ty business and ****ty people involved in Smash, that won't matter at all.

Want: 75%
I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan so I want Hayabusa first but if we got Kasumi I wouldn't mind at all. Dead or Alive has earned its place in the Smash pantheon, warts and all.

Noms: Dr. Eggman x5
Terra prediction: 4.76% my quest continues to nominate a character that gets good scores

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gordon Freeman x145
Papyrus x126
Guardian (Destiny) x125
Ahri (League of Legends) x125
Concept: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies x115
Frank West x115
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x106

150 - 101

Concept: Fighter from repped third party franchise x105
Decidueye x101

100 - 51

Meowth x98
[Rerate] Steve x95
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Zelda (BotW sequel) x80
Louie x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Kratos x70
Dr. Eggman x60
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x57
[Rerate] Rex x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Boss: Ender Dragon x49
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x45
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x40
Fulgore x39
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x37
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x35
The Stretchers x35
D.Va x35
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x32
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
[Rerate] Frisk x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Red (Angry Birds) x25
The Terrarian x25
[Rerate] Lip x25
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x25

Under 25

Stage: Bowser's Castle x24
Rival Pokémon Trainer x22
Concept: Returning stages x21
[Rerate] Nightmare x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
[Rerate] Paper Mario x15
Concept: No Spirit promotions x15
Wolf Link x15
[Rerate] Captain Toad x14
Gooigi x13
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Diablo (Diablo) x10
Concept: Upgraded Spirit x10
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Jin Sakai x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Alex Mason x5
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x5
Nate Adams x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Echo: 40e x1

Guardian gets passed by Papyrus and is now tied with Ahri for third place. Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable bests Concept: Fighter from repped third party franchise, stealing its spot in the top seven.

Rex cuts past 50 noms.

Lip and Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) pop out of the under 25 club.

Your newcomers for today are Alex Mason, Neptune, and Nate Adams, each with 5 noms.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Abstaining because I don't care. Think she's pretty unlikely compared to Hayabusa even though I think had a bit of the same deal as KOS MOS did(not the exact mind you, but similar)

Predictions

Terra - 6%

Noms:
Stretchers x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I don't know much about Dead or Alive. Although apparently it's one of those series where the main character keeps changing, so I don't know how that would affect Kasumi in particular (though she is the first character I think of when I think DoA).

Nominations: [Rerate] Rex x5

amageish

Smash Master
Kasumi

Chance: 20%. So, I think we can skip over the part where I grandstand about how Koei should have a character in Smash Bros - lots and lots of Nintendo collabs, they make great games, it's weird that they only have an AT that they co-own with Nintendo. Cool? Cool.

As for Dead or Alive itself, it's definitely one of the bigger 3D fighters, especially in Japan where Mortal Kombat has no presence. It was pretty influential on early eSports and has a decently-sizable following. It also doesn't have a mainline numbered title on Nintendo platforms, but Dead or Alive Dimensions is pretty close to a mainline title - it's basically a collective remaster, given how it had almost all the fighters in it and it's story mode was basically a cliffnotes version of all previous DoA plots. That game also featured a Metroid stage (basically Pyrosphere from Sm4sh, even including Ridley as a stage hazard) and was published by Nintendo in some regions. So, that's not nothing!

Now, the problem of competition. I do think that Hayabusa is a considerable obstacle for her, but I honestly don't think it's impossible. Smash Bros does tend to prioritize representing innovative games over best-sellers, but it's not like they always go for the older title (as mainline SMT fans know well). Ryu and Kasumi are no strangers to co-inhabiting games, given how Ryu's in most (if not all) DoA titles and how Kasumi/Ayane turn up in the Ninja Gaiden reboot trilogy (with Kasumi being playable in Razor's Edge, I think?). That said, in terms of Smash Bros moveset, I don't think they compete in the same way Terry and Kyo did. If we're getting Ryu in Smash, it's probably going to be a more retro-platformer-influenced moveset - similar to how Simon or Banjo kind of reclaim their more iconic designs through Smash. If we're getting Kasumi in Smash, it's obviously going to be a 3D-fighter-influenced moveset. It'd just be a matter of what type of character Sakurai, Nintendo, and Koei would want to bring into Smash. Ryu's odds would go up much more if rumours of his series getting a comeback come true (which it definitely deserves and needs, as its last couple of games have been low-key embarrassing), but, for now, I think that he's more likely then Kasumi, but not likely enough to completely crush her odds.

As for her sexualization... Bayonetta's in Smash because a censored Bayonetta who plays like Bayonetta is still obviously Bayonetta, even without showing as much skin as Bayo does in her base games. I imagine a playable Kasumi would be in a similar boat to her - she's a sexualized character, but she isn't inherently unrecognizable with her cleavage covered up.

Want: 60%. Dead or Alive Dimensions was my intro to 3D fighters and I played that game an insane amount. Like, it's in my top 10 most-played 3DS games. That said, I have since bought DoA5 and DoA6 (on sale) and... suffice it to say, I appreciated the game a lot more when it was rated T. She also loses some want points for DoA6's absurd amount of DLC.

Terra - 3%.
Nominations: Jill Mii Costume x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kasumi

Abstain. I'm not sure what to think about her chances and I'm just not in the mood right now. Though for a Koei Tecmo rep, I would prefer Ryu Haybusa.

Prediction: Terra - 6%

Noms: Frank West x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Kasumi

Chance: 0%
2 things spell doom on her concept for now: no Mai and Ryu Hayabusa's existence who can rep DoA on top of Ninja Gaiden. Of course, you have the Warriors series too which at this point just adds insult to injury. There's just no reason for either company to go Kasumi instead of another Koei rep.

Want: abstain
Eh, hold nothing against her really, but I don't know how she'd be changed in Smash, both design-wise and gameplay-wise. Not certain I'd like it and well, as usual, plenty of other fishes I'd rather angle for than her.

Predictions: Terra - 11%

Nominations: D.Va x5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kasumi

Chance: 40%
Her series is well known enough and she can easily be fit into the age rating unlike Mai. Koei Tecmo has also worked with Nintendo and she’s one of their most popular characters alongside Hayabusa, so I wouldn’t say she’s impossible.

Want: 100%
I think her character would add plenty to the roster. I would love to see her in Smash, because her series is well known and perfectly deserving of a spot in Smash. Plus we barely have any female 3rd Parties at the moment and none from fighting games.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Kasumi

Chance: 30%
Want: 75%

I'd be ok with this. Obviously Hayabusa would be my preferred, but Kasumi would be a runner up. I just dont think it's likely. Between most KT demand being for Ryu, and the whole "good boys" arguement, yeah I'm not holding my breath.

Nominations: Diablo x5

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Gordon Freeman x145
Papyrus x126
Guardian (Destiny) x125
Ahri (League of Legends) x125
Concept: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies x115
Frank West x115
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x106

150 - 101

Concept: Fighter from repped third party franchise x105
Decidueye x101

100 - 51

Meowth x98
[Rerate] Steve x90
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party x90
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Zelda (BotW sequel) x80
Louie x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Kratos x70
Dr. Eggman x60
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x57
[Rerate] Rex x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Boss: Ender Dragon x49
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x45
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x40
Fulgore x39
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x37
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x35
The Stretchers x35
D.Va x35
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x32
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
[Rerate] Frisk x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Red (Angry Birds) x25
The Terrarian x25
[Rerate] Lip x25
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x25

Under 25

Stage: Bowser's Castle x24
Rival Pokémon Trainer x22
Concept: Returning stages x21
[Rerate] Nightmare x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
[Rerate] Paper Mario x15
Concept: No Spirit promotions x15
Wolf Link x15
[Rerate] Captain Toad x14
Gooigi x13
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Diablo (Diablo) x10
Concept: Upgraded Spirit x10
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Jin Sakai x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Alex Mason x5
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x5
Nate Adams x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Echo: 40e x1

Guardian gets passed by Papyrus and is now tied with Ahri for third place. Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable bests Concept: Fighter from repped third party franchise, stealing its spot in the top seven.

Rex cuts past 50 noms.

Lip and Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) pop out of the under 25 club.

Your newcomers for today are Alex Mason, Neptune, and Nate Adams, each with 5 noms.
I thought steve was nominated 10 times during the rating of concept:no third parties?

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kasumi

Chance - 2.5% - A mascot for one of the more popular fighters, it seems like she would be more likely to get in than most. Then you realize that she's in the same games as Ryu Hayabusa, who is older, has more games that are even popular among Nintendo fans, and in general outclasses her. Why go for her when Ryu would probably do more?

Want - 35% - Ryu's a want, so her getting in probably means he won't. That, and I have had a distaste for the fighting game characters thus far.

Nominations

Lip X5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely today.

Terra chance prediction: 7.81%

Nominations:
Rex [Rerate] x5

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I checked and your post only had 3 sentences of reasoning so your nominations weren't counted.
Its 4 sentences i just only put 3 fullstops instead of 4
No third party
Chance:0%
With the great reception of the 3rd parties in the previous fighters pass.i dont see sakurai/nintendo not opting to add at least one third party character in the fighters.

Want:0%
For me not having any third parties in tjis pass would be lame.i also dont think there are not enough iconic first party characters to make a good fighters pass in my opinion

Nominations:steve[Rerate]×5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Kasumi? Isn't that the Japanese name of Misty from Pokémon?

. . .Nah, I'm gonna double abstain. I don't really know enough about Dead or Alive or Koei Tecmo as a developer to give a proper judgment.

Nominating Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is primarily First-Party x5.

Predicting Terra to get 6.76%.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
hair bones

Chance - 1%. I can't see her being added over Hayabusa. They're both ninjas, just one is more iconic and has an extra series under their belt. I have to imagine she's too unique to be an alt, so she can't get in like that. All-in-all, she's as likely as the other Kasumi: not at all.

Want - abstain. Literally the first time i heard about her was a meme relating to P5 Kasumi. I literally know nothing about her, other than the fact her hair is orange and she's a ninja.

Noms: PMD content x5

Terra prediction: 4.5%

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Terra Branford from the Final Fantasy series.

Predict Brian from Quest 64.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some Final Fantasy VI songs to get into the Terra mood:

Top Bottom