• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Baldi
Chance: 0%

Ready? Go!

I'll start off by giving you something GRᴇᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀabout why Baldi has no chance. There's actually 3 big problems why Baldi won't be in smash. Problem 1! This is an Indy game. I understand that by saying that, It's possible that I have lost you. I don't like that. The fact there are some good indy characters out there that will be stuck as premium Mii costumes at best isn't the what I would call a good scenario, and That makes me sad! I really do hope that we can get a "wtf, where did that character come from?" pick. For some reason, I wanna play with someone who's series I just learned of. It happened in Brawl with Marth and Pit. It happened with Shulk in SSB4, and it happened in Ultimate with Terry. Problem 2! There's also the fact that Baldi's competition is tough. Just from other indy games, we have Hollow Knight, Hornet, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and others who are all contending for a spot. And there's no way Baldi gets in over someone like Geno. But even if we GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP! that to the side, there's still another big issue. Problem 3 is that Baldi has pretty much no moveset. In his game, Baldi just jumps forward while clapping his ruler. If he hits you, you die. He could use some other characters from his games, but You should know better than to say that this would be an easy fix. Baldi can't run because there's No running in the halls.

Want: 0%
I'm going to be serious now. Baldi would be a really stupid pick. I think that Baldi characters would be interesting assist trophies though. The Bully could try to steal items from people. Jump rope kid could act like a Wario stage hazard and hit everyone on the ground. We have a hug robot that could do just that, same thing for the sweeper. The principle could act like Abra, teleporting people who break rules like eating food or dashing. And Baldi would just dash forward claping his ruler to attack people.

Noms: Ahri x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Baldi

Chance 60 - Lol ok I'm trolling

Chance 0 - Unless Super Smash Bros gets dropped by Nintendo and it falls to the point of being a made made project with only characters popular on youtube then no, this is never happening. I know who voted this did it to try and set an all time low score record and I think it's gonna happen here.

Want 0 - There's actually a lot of good AT concepts here. Not that I want them in the game but if you put them on characters that would maek sense then it would be good. But yeah, if for some reason this got in I'd laugh my ass off for like 20 mins before realizing this is really stupid.

Predictions
The Murder Bears - 12% (EDIT, Junko is not a bear. Could have sworn she was but oh well. Shows how much I know about the series)

Noms
Guardian x5
Stretchers x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
YO MAMA'S SO adjective, WHEN SHE PLAYED BALDI'S BASICS-
Double zeroes, what else? This is a new low for RTC. This character, if you can call him one, has basically everything against him. Forget the fact that the game has no Nintendo presence or that Baldi has very little moveset potential. (the only thing Baldi does in game is walk up to you with a ruler for answering a math question wrong and what happens after is up to imagination) Nintendo simply isn't gonna go for some Youtuber-bait game that's the most flavour of the month title you can get, lost relevance quick and likely isn't even known about in Japan. It garnered some sort of a fanbase and even got some merch (why?) but I doubt it made even a tenth of the impact Fnaf or the indies already represented made. What reason would Nintendo have choosing this **** over 99.9% of characters in the running for the remaining five spots? Baldi's Basics was made as a joke, without heart or passion, it's basically a ****post, it just doesn't deserve it.

But none of what I just is the biggest reason Nintendo or Sakurai would touch Baldi's Basics with a ten foot pole. The biggest reason being...
Seriously, intentional or not, Baldi's Basics is one of ugliest games out there! Can anybody imagine Nintendo even considering putting a dude who looks like this in the same game as Mario and Link and other gaming legends?!
unnamed.png
Or having to desing a Spirit board around these monstrosities?
PlaytimeModel.png
Bureaucrat.png
It’s_a_bully.jpg
Or even developing this bizarro dimension as a stage?
baldis-basics-25030-2.jpg
Or them attempting to make remixes of those midis called "music" Sari posted?

Do you guys think this would be a pack worth selling in Nintendo's eyes? I'd rather just burn the 6 bucks that that would cost.

The answer is no, because Nintendo and Sakurai know better and they would never step this low. Chances are we're getting Bubsy, Blob, Gene, Goku and Scrooge Mcduck long before Baldi would even be considered.

I'll be confused if Baldi won't end up at the absolute bottom of the chance and want rankings, yes even over the bobcat.

Junko and Monokuma: 1.84%
Papyrus x5

Attachments

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
YO MAMA'S SO adjective, WHEN SHE PLAYED BALDI'S BASICS-
Double zeroes, what else? This is a new low for RTC. This character, if you can call him one, has basically everything against him. Forget the fact that the game has no Nintendo presence or that Baldi has very little moveset potential. (the only thing Baldi does in game is walk up to you with a ruler for answering a math question wrong and what happens after is up to imagination) Nintendo simply isn't gonna go for some Youtuber-bait game that's the most flavour of the month title you can get, lost relevance quick and likely isn't even known about in Japan. It garnered some sort of a fanbase and even got some merch (why?) but I doubt it made even a tenth of the impact Fnaf or the indies already represented made. What reason would Nintendo have choosing this **** over 99.9% of characters in the running for the remaining five spots? Baldi's Basics was made as a joke, without heart or passion, it's basically a ****post, it just doesn't deserve it.

But none of what I just is the biggest reason Nintendo or Sakurai would touch Baldi's Basics with a ten foot pole. The biggest reason being...
Seriously, intentional or not, Baldi's Basics is one of ugliest games out there! Can anybody imagine Nintendo even considering putting a dude who looks like this in the same game as Mario and Link and other gaming legends?!
Or having to desing a Spirit board around these monstrosities?
Or even developing this bizarro dimension as a stage? Do you guys think this would be a pack worth selling in Nintendo's eyes? I'd rather just burn the 6 bucks that would cost.

The answer is no, because Nintendo and Sakurai know better and they would never step this low. Chances are we're getting Bubsy, Blob, Gene, Goku or Scrooge long before Baldi would even be considered.

I'll be confused if Baldi won't end up at the absolute bottom of the chance and want rankings, yes even over the bobcat.

Junko and Monokuma: 1.84%
Papyrus x5
I mean to be fair here, Nintendo did allow Pokemon to put Bruxish in a game and that thing is the most hideous pokemon I've seen in my life

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Chance - 0%. What everyone else has said. He isn't getting in.

Want - 0%. Under normal circumstances, he might be a little higher because I think he would be kinda funny. But I genuinely want to see if we can get a character with unanimous double 0's, so here we are.

Noms: Decidueye x3, PMD representation x2

Prediction: 5.2%

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Baldi

Chance: 10%. I don't know if the game has ever been on a Nintendo device, so if not, then the chance is quite low. Also not helping him is the fierce competition between many characters. I'm also pretty sure if he does get in, it's most likely as a Mii costume, to save time.

Want: 50%. While there are other choices, he would be fun to play as, and while he won't be the first playable teacher (Byleth got in before), He would some unique moves to make him different from the cast. But most likely case, he would be a Mii Costume (it would not be a bad one either). He has some potential, and as long as he is fun to play as, then that is what matters.

Prediction: Junko and Monokuma (10%)

Noms: 3 for Echo: Dark Bowser (14E), 3 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep and 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon promotion

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Baldi

Chance: 10%. I don't know if the game has ever been on a Nintendo device, so if not, then the chance is quite low. Also not helping him is the fierce competition between many characters. I'm also pretty sure if he does get in, it's most likely as a Mii costume, to save time.

Want: 50%. While there are other choices, he would be fun to play as, and while he won't be the first playable teacher (Byleth got in before), He would some unique moves to make him different from the cast. But most likely case, he would be a Mii Costume (it would not be a bad one either). He has some potential, and as long as he is fun to play as, then that is what matters.

Noms: 3 for Echo: Dark Bowser (14E), 3 for Concept: Second F-Zero Rep and 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon promotion
Okay, no offense, but why do you always give a 10% Chance rating and 50% Want rating, even for Baldi? What scale are we working with?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Baldi

Abstain. I just don't know enough about the series to make a legit comment, sorry.

Nominations: Upgraded Spirit x 5(is this already a thing or is it a rerate only?)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Baldi

Hey, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 called it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Baldi

do you think that Baldi from Baldi's Basics is playable in 1 out of ten timelines? Really?

D

Deleted member

https://streamable.com/ettote

Chance: 0%

Baldi's Basics has almost everything going against it currently: no moveset material to work off of, heavily contrasting design from everything else in Ultimate, no official music, etc. It's so easy to pretty much write Baldi off from the spot, but I will say the 1 thing that keeps Baldi from being on the same level as Unsafe Wiimote Guy (despite my ratings being the same for them) is when I saw a Baldi toy at Walmart. I imagine kids are more appealed to Baldi than a lot of other demographics are because of the amount of kid-friendly YouTubers play it, and they'll recognize who he is more than UWG. Baldi's Basics Plus is also a game coming to Steam as an Early Access title on June 12th, so yeah.

Want: 15%

Out of irony? Yeah I would want him only to see the ****show that it would cause. There will be people that will get super upset about Baldi being chosen over every other video game character imaginable, but there will also be people that unironically say Baldi was a way better inclusion than Byleth was. It would be something fun to watch, but then again, it's ****ing Baldi. I don't even like this game, so I'd rather see a lot of other characters in Smash before him. The weirdest thing is that I have his rating higher than some other characters which goes to show how much I want Baldi in Smash ironically.
----------------------
Predictions:
Monojunko - 22%
----------------------
Noms:
Lu Bu x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Totals totem coming later. For now, here's a dead character.

Shrek and Kermit are better green memes anyway.

Chance: Oh come on. Do I have to say anything here? 0%. Pretty much everything I could say on why this won't happen has already been said, so what I think is that even if we assume Sakurai knows about the game, we have no idea if he'd go "yeah, that's Smash material here", and I highly doubt it.

Want: 0.001% (just make it a 0% for rating purposes). At least he isn't a SEGA rep. Literally his only positive is that he could come with Arle. Everything else is not worth it. I'm not paying $5.99 for this ****. Even though I technically already did...

Frisk x 5. They keep lingering in the rumor mill, but nothing ever comes of it. While we're past the leak era for now, I still don't see Monokuma getting far. But he'll do decently, like 17.57%. Junko I'm not sure if I should factor into the rating or not. She's being rated at the same time and whether or not she comes with him (or vice versa, but if we get a Danganronpa character who isn't Monokuma it's Makoto free) doesn't really affect how likely people think they are.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gonna step in since I feel this whole day is just gonna be about you know what:

BowserKing BowserKing
If it's evident that you don't know what you are talking about and are just giving out the same cookie-cutter scores and responses everyday, your scores and noms will not be counted.

However if you don't feel comfortable rating something, you can choose to abstain from giving chance/want scores and your noms WILL still be counted.

I know everyone has their own opinion and all but... you can't tell me with a straight face that an obvious meme character like Baldi has the same chances of making it into Smash as a Contra character or Amaterasu.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Baldi

Well, I'ma do it. I have to give my first 0% Chance to a character because there is literally 0 way someone like this
1590080619635.png

is even getting close to being in Smash. He wasn't in a game released to most platforms and even then he is in a giant 2002 looking flash game that most people recognize for being extremely frustrating.

Want: 1% The only reason I'd want him anywhere in this game is to have a Final Smash of him spanking the **** outta everyone.
1590081059786.png

That or him confusing people with his confusing Math problems.

Nom: Nightmare (SoulCalibur)

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
You know what? While I've not played Baldi's Basics, I feel confident giving chance and want here. Mostly because it is a clear-cut...

Chance: DOUBLE
Want: ZEROES

Pretty much everything I could say about him has already been said. Hell, even if him being in the game guaranteed we'd get Reimu as the very next character, I WOULD STILL give him a want score of zero. Not even bundling him with my most wanted would make me change my mind on how much of a lost cause this blatant meme character is. I feel disgusted just talking about it. Ugh.

Noms: Terrarian x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Baldi
Chance 10-10 = 0%
I know he's technically a video game character, but there's a lot of better characters to choose from than some guy from an intentionally terrible PC game. Honestly, I'm not even sure if Sakurai or anyone at Nintendo even knows of this game's existence.
Want: Some really complicated math problem that eventually adds up to 0%
I could say something like "At least he's not a Fire Emblem character!", but no, I don't want this. He wouldn't even bring good music to the game because he barely has any.

DR prediction: 10%
Noms: Paper Mario x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A generation grew up thinking this **** is funny and/or scary

Double zeroes. Baldi's Basics is a trash YouTube bait game that shows zero effort, talent, imagination, creativity or quality. It tries to be the lowest form of entertainment possible - either an exploitative "surprise" horror game or a lowbrow parody - and fails at even that. Even if this **** had released on Nintendo consoles and had moveset potential, this is shovelware quality and its notoriety is akin to it. Games like these shouldn't be honored or remembered, they should be left to oblivion. I play bad games because I find that it's a good way to learn how not to do things, but with Baldi its mistakes are so obvious and avoidable that it doesn't even serve that purpose. The only thing that makes rating this worth it is that your responses are hilarious.

Noms: Gordon Freeman x5
Junko & Monokuma prediction: 9.31%

That's how you get them extra noms. You don't just play the game, you play the players.

amageish

Smash Master
Baldi is Basic

Chance: 0%. Baldi isn't getting into Smash.

Right, I need two sentences. How's this: Even if Shuntaro Furukawa personally stared Sakurai in the eyes and said "We need to represent horror games that people overreact to on the internet for comedy," then Baldi still wouldn't be getting into Smash. FNAF is more influential on the "genre," has more of a presence in Japan and on Switch. Heck, DDLC went viral in Japan. Baldi just isn't happening.

Want: Also 0%. Most "meme" picks are games that are important to the games industry, but associated with young cringey fanbases. That strikes me as unfair. This is a game that isn't remotely important and is assoicated with young cringey fanbases. I don't want it in Smash, even for the lolz.

Noms: Jill mii costume x 5
Prediction: This is going to be a weird one due to the spoiler thing... 10%...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, I don't want to drag out this topic too much, and really don't mean to insult BowserKing with what I'm about to say, but I want to make two small jokes.

1. Considering that main reason we're getting on his case today is how his rating differs from everybody else's, I guess you could say that the competition in this rating game is the main concern here.
2. I'm really starting to feel like today's rating was pushed just to call him out.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
giphy (4).gif

fogbadge fogbadge just now

Gordon Freeman x120
Guardian (Destiny) x115
Papyrus x111
Ahri (League of Legends) x110
Concept: Fighter from repped third party franchise x105
Concept: Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies x100
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x99

100 - 51

Meowth x95
Frank West x95
Decidueye x95
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Proto Man x75
Sackboy x75
[Rerate] Steve x75
Zelda (BotW sequel) x70
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party x65
Dr. Eggman x60
Louie x60
[Rerate] Kratos x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Boss: Ender Dragon x49
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x47
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x40
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x35
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x34
Fulgore x34
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Red (Angry Birds) x25
The Stretchers x25
[Rerate] Rex x25

Under 25

Concept: Second F-Zero rep x23
Rival Pokémon Trainer x22
Stage: Bowser's Castle x22
Concept: Returning stages x21
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
The Terrarian x15
[Rerate] Frisk x15
D.Va x15
[Rerate] Captain Toad x14
Gooigi x13
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Concept: No Spirit promotions x10
[Rerate] Nightmare x10
[Rerate] Lip x10
[Rerate] Paper Mario x10
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x10
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Diablo (Diablo) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Jin Sakai x5
Deku Scrub x5
Wolf Link x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Echo: 40e x1

Ahri passes Fighter from repped third party franchise and takes fourth place. Auroros, Jyk and Poppant as Assist Trophies spawns past Meowth and Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable, stealing sixth place and ending Meowth's run in the top seven.

Kratos and Zelda venture past 50 noms.

Rex reaches 25 noms.

Today's newcomers are Mii Costume: Edward Falcon (the real Captain Falcon) and Concept: A LABO character, both with 5 noms.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Baldi from... what?

Double Zeroes

I come back wanting to see how other people are gonna rate Monokuma (personally I don't see the appeal to that thing) and I see some... bootleg-like educational video game?!?!? At least this one has everyone universally giving it no chance in hell.

Rex rerate x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Okay, I don't want to drag out this topic too much, and really don't mean to insult BowserKing with what I'm about to say, but I want to make two small jokes.

1. Considering that main reason we're getting on his case today is how his rating differs from everybody else's, I guess you could say that the competition in this rating game is the main concern here.
2. I'm really starting to feel like today's rating was pushed just to call him out.
Nah, it wasnt me who pushed it but I know why it was pushed. It wasn't to target or single anyone out

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
"I GET ANGRIER WITH EVERY ANSWER YOU GET WRONG"

Chance: 0% - This is a character I can confidently give a 0% to. While it became big enough to have merchandise, its' popularity waned after a month despite getting a sequel. There's several points against Baldi's inclusion beyond this. No fan demand, no presence in Japan, no Nintendo history, barely any material to pull from, indie game, and LOADS of competition. There's just no reason to choose him with only 5 slots remaining. His only upside would be that he'd be easy to license. And if Nintendo REALLY wants to pick a modern indie Horror game of this type, Five Nights At Freddy's would be the clear choice. That game actually popularized the genre, became a successful franchise, and now has its' first three games on Nintendo systems. And even then Freddy's chances aren't huge, and if they aren't huge then that says A LOT about Baldi's...

Want: 0% - As amusing as he would be as a shock pick, I really see no reason for him to be in the game, especially with no Nintendo history. While my friends and I had a few laughs with the game and I loved the parody aspects of it, I'd hate to see him get in over so many more deserving characters.

I'd still gladly take him over a DDLC character, though...

Nominations:
Louie x10

Predictions:
Junko and Monokuma - 16.74%

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman

IDK if anyone else gave noms to Baldi, so if they did I can't speak for them. I did it because I was pretty much out of Non-League of Legends characters to nom and thought I'd nom a silly pick while I thought of other characters(Which I now have). I wasn't trying to call people out, but I can see how it might look like that

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
What in the actual ****...

I'm lost for words.

I'd rather have the video game equivalent of an insufferable wild Karen make it in than this abomination in Smash. And I don't even think I need to explain why this dumbass isn't making it. I'm still questioning this thing's existence to this day.

This is a new low for RTC.
I could argue that Freddi Fish was our lowest of the low points, but this might possibly take the cake.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Today's character is a shining example of why we should not be counting every character nomination.

What's the point of counting a nomination like this if you know it's just going to be a waste of a day? This thread is supposed to incite discussion and debate about the probability of certain characters. Today has just been "this obviously isn't happening, can we just move on already".

Top Bottom