• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dam BowserKing already stole my joke.

Abstain. I don't know anything about the Yakuza series. btw I'm probably gonna abstain on a lot of the characters in this rotation. Not a lot of names I'm familiar with.

Prediction: de Blob - 0.88%

Noms: Concept: Contra rep x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Kazuma Kiryu
Chance: 35%
At first I thought this was a weird option. Then as I read other posts, i found out he was actually a decently requested character. Cool. Sega works well with Nintendo and the Yakuza games sell well in Asia, so it turns out there actually is a case for him.

Want: 30%
I don't really know who this is or anything about the game series, but an actual hit man would be a cool thing to see in smash.

Predict: The Blob 4%

Noms: Gnar x5

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Kazuma Kiryu
Chance: 35%
At first I thought this was a weird option. Then as I read other posts, i found out he was actually a decently requested character. Cool. Sega works well with Nintendo and the Yakuza games sell well in Asia, so it turns out there actually is a case for him.

Want: 30%
I don't really know who this is or anything about the game series, but an actual hit man would be a cool thing to see in smash.

Predict: The Blob 4%

Actually Kiryu isn’t a hit man, he beats the ever living **** out of people, but he’s canonically never killed anyone. A major plot point of Yakuza 0 is Kiryu trying to prove that he wasn’t a murderer.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ah I think you misread! I didn't say they're obscure, I said they're TOO obscure. Or in other words, overshadowed by bigger fishes. And I didn't realise for PSO. Guess I'd have to give it a higher score if it ever shows up in the nominations.
Oooh, gotcha. That makes sense.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Actually Kiryu isn’t a hit man, he beats the ever living **** out of people, but he’s canonically never killed anyone. A major plot point of Yakuza 0 is Kiryu trying to prove that he wasn’t a murderer.
Yeah, because who dies from being forced a handful of nails violently slammed into the mouth, having one's face used to literally destroy a urinal before being dropkicked out the window? It's as believable as Batman having never killed anyone despite leaving them hanging upside down for hours and the like... I love it!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Want: 90%

Chance 50%

I want him because his series feels like Sega poured their identity from the Dreamcast era into his series, so much of the music and aesthetic just scream Dreamcast even as recent as Yakuza 7.

There's legacy behind him, good moveset potential and a good stage lined up for him.
I think if Sega were to get another character he's next in line, because the Yakuza series is one of Sega golden series nowadays alongside persona and Sonic. Which are already in smash.

I think the only thing he has against him is that I bet Nintendo would be apprehensive in including a character from a series about the Yakuza, though even then the tone of the series is around the same as Metal gear and Snake got in just fine so there probably isn't a problem there.

Besides he's already shown up in a crossover with franchises that are playable in smash, project X Zone has Street fighter, Resident Evil, Megaman, Virtua fighter, Fire emblem, Xenoblade and even Tekken so I don't think the parties involved would care.

Tell that to the guys he threw into the Road during the car chase scenes in Yakuza zero, 1 and 2. A lot of them exploded lol

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Want: 90%

Tell that to the guys he threw into the Road during the car chase scenes in Yakuza zero, 1 and 2. A lot of them exploded lol
With the Yakuza games, you kind of have to have a suspension of disbelief with the resilience of normal humans. A good number of the heat actions would kill people, but no one ever dies in the fights. Like take that mini-boss guy you have to fight before Kuze in Yakuza 0, you violently knock him unconscious multiple times, bash his head into a urinal and then drop kick him out of a 5+ story building, yet despite this he doesn't die and shows up later in the story.

With how resilient people are 90% of the time in the series, I wouldn't be surprised if they survived the explosions as unrealistic as that may be.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I want him because his series feels like Sega poured their identity from the Dreamcast era into his series, so much of the music and aesthetic just scream Dreamcast even as recent as Yakuza 7.
Crazy how true this is. If there's one living franchise that embodies the more adventurous, high-tech yet still offbeat spirit of Dreamcast-era Sega, Yakuza is it.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
oh crap. I think I needed to read the wiki page more XD.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Amaterasu
18.17% Chance - 60.00% Want
Last time we rated her she got 18.36% chance and 61.77% want. Nearly the same scores, so it's safe to say that the announcement of more DLC hasn't changed how people feel about her.
Winner of predictions was warpenguin55 warpenguin55 with a precise 18.00%

Monster Hunter
10.75% Chance - 37.33% Want
First time we rated them they got 31.06% chance and 46.21% want. This was in the early days of DLC, before Joker's release. While the base game inclusion of Rathalos and the absence of the Mii Costume were big question marks, at that point it appeared that if DLC was going to be all third parties then MonHun had its foot in the door. Last time we rated them they got 12.21% chance and 31.88% want. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. This was right after E3, when Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright were seen as the undisputed frontrunners for the inevitable Capcom spot. Now Resident Evil is gone - which means being a big franchise doesn't help, killing one of MonHun's pros - but Dante is back to take RE's frontrunner spot; and we went through an entire Pass without a Capcom rep, making everyone more unsure. Add Byleth, who many said steps on the Hunter's turf moveset-wise, and that's a bad recipe for this character.
Winner of predictions was GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with 10.22%. Anecdotally, I also won the last rating for Monster Hunter, so it appears I got myself a lucky charm.

Freddy Fazbear
4.31% Chance - 17.48% Want
Winner of predictions was Icedragonadam Icedragonadam with 4.55%

I won't list who has extra noms because all three who gained them already had some so if you have them you probably know already.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Chance Key: Green = Frontrunner (50+%), Blue = Solid Shot (35+%), White is Possible (20+%), Orange is Feasible (15+%), Orange Red is considered Unlikely (10+%), Light Red is Very Unlikely (5%) and Deep Red is below that, Pipe Dream. The lower tiers are once again getting a split.

By chance:

1. Ryu Hayabusa: 59.48% Chance
  2. Crash Bandicoot: 59.26% Chance
  3. Lloyd Irving: 50.29% Chance
  4. Dante: 49.38% Chance
  5. Phoenix Wright: 43.94% Chance
  6. Geno: 42.50% Chance
  7. Sora: 40.58% Chance
  8. Arle Nadja: 39.29% Chance
  9. Heihachi Mishima: 37.58% Chance
  10. 2B: 35.41% Chance
  11. Sol Badguy: 31.00% Chance
  12. Lara Croft: 29.50% Chance
  13. Cinderace: 26.63% Chance
  14. Reimu Hakurei: 24.98% Chance
  15. Bandana Dee: 21.70% Chance
  16. Isaac: 20.45% Chance
  17. Waluigi: 19.81% Chance
  18. Dovahkiin: 19.69% Chance
  19. Nightmare: 18.74% Chance
  20. Master Chief: 18.27% Chance
  21. Amaterasu: 18.17% Chance
  22. Dixie Kong: 18.08% Chance
  23. Rex: 17.52% Chance
  24. Tracer: 17.37% Chance
  25. Rillaboom: 16.11% Chance
  26. Ragna the Bloodedge: 14.25% Chance
  27. Inteleon: 12.41% Chance
  28. Toxtricity: 12.34% Chance
  29. Rayman: 11.53% Chance
  30. Urshifu: 11.43% Chance
  31. Shantae: 10.89% Chance
  32. Monster Hunter: 10.75% Chance
  33. Spyro the Dragon: 9.58% Chance
  34. KOS-MOS: 8.87% Chance
  35. Echo Fighters as DLC: 7.53% Chance
  36. Elma: 6.48% Chance
  37. Neku Sakuraba: 6.46% Chance
  38. Standalone Stage DLC: 5.74% Chance
  39. Skull Kid: 5.46% Chance
  40. The Knight: 4.62% Chance
  41. Midna: 4.33% Chance
  42. Freddy Fazbear: 4.31% Chance
  43. Bomberman: 4.16% Chance
  44. Thrall: 3.07% Chance
  45. Obstagoon: 2.18% Chance
  46. Vault Boy: 1.82% Chance
  47. Melmetal: 1.71% Chance
  48. Hat Kid: 0.85% Chance

Want key: Pink = Community Stars (#FF69B4) [65+%], Brown = Fan Favorites [#8B4513] (60+%), Yellow = Popular (40+%), Purple is Average (25+%), Black is Unpopular (below 25%).

By want:

1. Crash Bandicoot: 75.78% Want
  2. Echo Fighters as DLC: 75.40% Want
  3. Bandana Dee: 74.41% Want
  4. Phoenix Wright: 70.91% Want
  5. Dixie Kong: 70.52% Want
  6. Standalone Stage DLC: 70.88% Want
  7. Lara Croft: 69.06% Want
  8. Isaac: 67.22% Want
  9. Ryu Hayabusa: 64.32% Want
  10. Dante: 64.23% Want
  11. 2B: 64.09% Want
  12. Geno: 62.93% Want
  13. Skull Kid: 61.30% Want
  14. Master Chief: 60.94% Want
  15. Waluigi: 60.75% Want
  16. Arle Nadja: 60.50% Want
  17. Reimu Hakurei: 60.05% Want
  18. Amaterasu: 60.00% Want
  19. Nightmare: 57.27% Want
  20. Midna: 57.17% Want
  21. Bomberman: 55.00% Want
  22. Sora: 54.44% Want
  23. Shantae: 54.28% Want
  24. Neku Sakuraba: 53.89% Want
  25. Heihachi: 53.60% Want
  26. Rayman: 52.35% Want
  27. Spyro the Dragon: 52.04% Want
  28. Elma & Sol Badguy: 51.18% Want (tied)
  29. Rex: 50.95% Want
  30. The Knight: 50.12% Want
  31. Lloyd Irving: 47.85% Want
  32. Dovahkiin: 47.40% Want
  33. Toxtricity: 41.62% Want
  34. Monster Hunter: 37.33% Want
  35. Ragna the Bloodedge: 37.19% Want
  36. KOS-MOS: 35.24% Want
  37. Cinderace: 27.71% Want
  38. Rillaboom: 27.47% Want
  39. Inteleon: 27.00% Want
  40. Thrall: 26.50% Want
  41. Hat Kid: 23.69% Want
  42. Tracer: 22.73% Want
  43. Melmetal: 21.10% Want
  44. Vault Boy: 20.40% Want
  45. Obstagoon: 18.27% Want
  46. Freddy Fazbear: 17.48% Want
  47. Urshifu: 16.46% Want

The Deceased: (I opted to move the Doom Slayer to here, even though we did do a rating, since many said he was out).
  1. Doom Slayer (2.86% Chance, 44.15% Want) | Interview
  2. Ring Fit Trainer (90 Nominations) | Spirit Event
  3. Shovel Knight (5.03% Chance, 48.71% Want) | Interview
Takeaways: Freddy actually did better on want than I thought he'd do. I was expecting something far below Urshifu. Oh well, down the line, Bubsy will pull that off... right? Amaterasu may be seen as not holding a candle to Dante or Wright in terms of chance, but when it comes to want she's no slouch, definitely she's the pipe dream Capcom character (relative to Dante and Wright, the traditional frontrunners, not in the pipe dream tier). Meanwhile, Monster Hunter has seen better days.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Gonna double abstain today. I have some basic knowledge on the Yakuza series, but nowhere near enough to give a proper rating, I feel.

Nomating Concept: New Zelda character x5

Not gonna do any predictions today.

Predict: 0%
Idk who Kiryu is and that should tell you what I think. At least Terry and Mai represented an entire console. Maybe he has some popularity in Japan, I wouldn't know and it doesn't affect my opinion.
Want: 0%
As I said, I don't know who he is. I'm not trying to come off as rude or anything, I just don't know this man.
I nominate Alucard? x5
"My gaming knowledge is the only one that matters! If I don't know something, no one does!"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Predict: 0%
Idk who Kiryu is and that should tell you what I think. At least Terry and Mai represented an entire console. Maybe he has some popularity in Japan, I wouldn't know and it doesn't affect my opinion.
As I said, I don't know who he is. I'm not trying to come off as rude or anything, I just don't know this man.
I nominate Alucard? x5
There's many good posts explaining who Kiryu is and the series he comes from. Why not give them a read?

Aside from that, if you don't know about a character and you don't want to rate them, you can abstain. Otherwise you can still rate, but three sentences where you just say you don't know anything about the character doesn't give me much to work with.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Still... please don't give Kiryu a generic counter. Please! Pretty please?
As if hittin' a ************ with a Tiger Drop to win a match wouldn't be the hypest kill possible.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over as well as the chances of us getting a March Direct.

Rate The Blob from de Blob.

Predict Crypto from the Destroy All Humans! series.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get in the mood for today's character:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Day over as well as the chances of us getting a March Direct.

Rate The Blob from de Blob.

Predict Crypto from the Destroy All Humans! series.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get in the mood for today's character:

You changed your profile. Stay safe, you too.

Abstain. Isn't The Blob the horror movie from the 1980s or something? I don't know a single thing about it.

Prediction
Crypto: 3.4%

Noms
Hornet(Hollow Knight) x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Abstain again

Nominate someone who isn't the star of their own game x5

Prediction 1% for crypto

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
de Blob
Chance: 0%

He‘s a WAAAY obscure character. Not really sure he’d be high on anyone’s priority list.

Want: 1%
I’m somewhat familiar with de Blob, as I owned the game on Wii back when it was new. However, I’d only REALLY play him for unique moveset potential and not much else.

Crypto: 5%

Noms: Sirfetch’d x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
That one game that had about 20 ads a day on Nickelodeon.

Chance: 0.01%
THQ has had a ton of financial issues over the past few years and de Blob's only recent relevance was a port to modern consoles in 2017. I really don't see Nintendo going out of their way for this.

Want: Abstain
Never played de Blob so I won't comment.

-----

Crypto chance prediction: 1.32% (this is pretty much gonna be a repeat of today)

Nominations:
Mii Costume: Quote x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
THQ Nordic's very own Blob

Chance: 0.50%

I'm scratching my head as to why Nintendo would choose this character. His games got ports to the Switch which helps out a little, but this character is a bit too obscure and I've never heard anyone request him. There is honestly not a lot to say. With only 6 more slots left, it feels like it's too late to add someone this minor.

Want: Abstain

Never played the games.

Prediction: Crypto - 5%
His time to shine is finally coming! Expect a giant post from me.

Noms: Concept: Contra rep x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
That one game that had about 20 ads a day on Nickelodeon.
Oh ****, that's where I know this character from!

Mr Blob
Chance 0 - No release since 2011 and not relevant at all. And also not requested at all and doesn't have much impact overall in gaming. Really can't see this happening and cant think of a single reason as to why it would happen either.

Want 20 - I wouldn't take a ton of offense to it or anything. That being said, I don't really want this either. There are loads of other characters I want first.

Predictions
Crypto - 0.2%

Noms
Big Daddy x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I've never played de Blob (though I remember wanting de Blob 2 when I was a kid). Although it does bring up a good discussion topic: if THQ Nordic got a Smash rep, who would it be?

Nominations: [Rerate] Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Although it does bring up a good discussion topic: if THQ Nordic got a Smash rep, who would it be?
From my knowledge, it will most likely be Crypto or War from Darksiders. They are THQ Nordic's biggest series right now. I will talk about this more in-depth in my Crypto rating.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Blob
Chance: 2%
Blob's chances could be better tbh. His games came out during the Wii's lifespan, just to give a time frame on how old he is. Both his games did get switch ports though, so Nintendo is clearly aware of his existence. The biggest issue with Blob is that I don't think he'd get the kind of sales Nintendo wants in. He's in no way deconfirmed, but it would really be a questionable choice

Want: 10%
Blob could be a cool pick. There are a lot of characters that I would rather have before him. I do think he could be a cool assist trophy though.

Prediction: Crypto 3%

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
The Blob - Abstain

I don't know nearly enough about this game. I am very tempted to give it a double zero but I might just be ignorant so better refrain.

Predictions: Crypto - 2.1%

Nominations: Segata Sanshiro x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Although it does bring up a good discussion topic: if THQ Nordic got a Smash rep, who would it be?
The drawing hero from Drawn to Life could be a good pick (Sparky, I think he’s officially called? Correct me if I’m wrong).

Also, on the topic of de Blob; I was watching cutscenes for the second game, and…
JESUS, this game is dark.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Der Blob, wie er in die Welt kam
(This is simultaneously the lamest and most obscure joke I've ever made but kudos to anyone who gets the reference)
Yeah, I'm not seeing the timeline in which Nintendo looks at this guy and figures they might as well put him in over... Well, anybody. De Blob isn't really remembered that much nowadays, despite getting two of its games ported to the Switch. THQ - well, THQNordic - isn't the biggest Western dev and I'm really not seeing them getting a character in over the likes of Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, and even EA and Rockstar. Even if they did get a rep, I think Darksiders, Destroy All Humans, and Red Faction are bigger series of theirs - not to mention Saints Row, which is simultaneously their biggest franchise and the least likely to get in. So yeah, this isn't like, Chrono Trigger or Okami getting a character and blindsiding everyone.

First off, I got nothing against de Blob, far from it. It sounds right up my alley and I'd like to play it someday. I just expect a certain caliber of third party character and sadly this one is not up to snuff. But hey, kudos to whoever nominated them. I like to see characters like this get discussed, even briefly; if nothing else, it teaches the rest of us about a cool game we might not have known about.

Noms: Ryo Hazuki x5
Crypto prediction: I'll give a 1.08%. I feel that Crypto will be underrated, but only by a bit.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mii Costume: Quote x145
Reporter & Wrestler x130
[Rerate] Paper Mario x120
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x115
Gex x110
Ryo Hazuki x105
Big Daddy (BioShock) x100

100 - 51

Chun-Li x90
Bubsy x90
Segata Sanshiro x90
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x80
Decidueye x78
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x75
Gnar (League of Legends) x75
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x73
Falinks x72
Meowth x69
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Concept: Darksiders rep x60
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Earthworm Jim x50
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Alucard (Castlevania) x45
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x35
Boss: Ender Dragon x33
Terra Branford x33
Concept: DLC music packs x30
[Rerate] Kratos x30
Sirfetch'd x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x27
Urbosa x25
Giygas x25
Concept: A character who isn't the star of their own game x25
Concept: New Zelda character x25

Under 25

Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x21
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x16
Zeraora x15
Concept: Level-5 rep x15
Concept: Contra rep x15
Concept: Civilization series stage with music (Standalone) x15
Minato Arisato x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
Guardian (Destiny) x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gooigi x10
[Rerate] Steve x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Ahri (League of Legends) x10
Lora and Jin x10
[Rerate] Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Black Shadow x8
Chell x8
Concept: Returning stages x7
Taranza x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
Otto Matic x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Magolor x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
3 Mage Sisters x2

Paper Mario slips past Mii Costume: Hollow Knight and gets third place. Ryo Hazuki now has over 100 noms.

Hornet climbs past the 50 nom mark.

Concepts: A character who isn't the star of their own game and New Zelda character both reach 25 noms.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain, though I don't see him as a likely choice, especially when we only have six slots left. He does have some recency with his Switch ports but with the lack of fan demand or commercial potential, I just don't know why Nintendo would choose him. He's not impossible, but is extremely unlikely.

Nominations:
Concept: Civilization series stage with music (Standalone) x5

Predictions:
Crypto - 1.33%

D

Deleted member

My gaming knowledge is the only one that matters! If I don't know something, no one does!"
Well, you care, so it doesn't matter to me if anyone doesn't.
Sorry I don't burn money on dusty consoles and games that objectively aren't relevant anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, you care, so it doesn't matter to me if anyone doesn't.
Sorry I don't burn money on dusty consoles and games that objectively aren't relevant anymore.
Uhhh... Weren't you talking about Yakuza? Because that series is still getting games and it's on, like, every console after the PS2.

Regardless, that's now off-topic, the day's changed, so please keep discussion focused on today's character.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Do not look up this animation called Splatoon meets de Blob, please just don't
While his games were ported to modern systems not too long ago, Blob just hasn't been relevant since the last generation of consoles. The games did decently critically and sales wise back then but after the liquidation of THQ have faded into niche territory. All the people abstaining on him here should give away he's been mostly forgotten about. Makes him no prime candidate for DLC. Don't have a clue about his status in Japan but I'll asume it's just like every other western platformer not named Crash Bandicoot. Might not even be localised.

Want: 35%
It's been a long time since I last played the games. I remember really liking them as a kid tho having a bad experience with the final boss of the first game. Might give them another spin eventually. If the gameplay doesn't hold up then the aesthetics certainly do. I'll admit, having little legacy and current relevance does mean he probably doesn't belong on the roster. A spirit would fit him better. There are other third-parties I'd choose over him but if he'd by any chance actually get in, a part of me would be gleeful.
Holding out for de Blob 3. He definitely deserves another chance.

Crypto: 3.31%
Alucard x5

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Do not look up this animation called Splatoon meets de Blob, please just don't
While his games were ported to modern systems not too long ago, Blob just hasn't been relevant since the last generation of consoles. The games did decently critically and sales wise back then but after the liquidation of THQ have faded into niche territory. All the people abstaining on him here should give away he's been mostly forgotten about. Makes him no prime candidate for DLC. Don't have a clue about his status in Japan but I'll asume it's just like every other western platformer not named Crash Bandicoot. Might not even be localised.

Want: 35%
It's been a long time since I last played the games. I remember really liking them as a kid tho having a bad experience with the final boss of the first game. Might give them another spin eventually. If the gameplay doesn't hold up then the aesthetics certainly do. I'll admit, having little legacy and current relevance does mean he probably doesn't belong on the roster. A spirit would fit him better. There are other third-parties I'd choose over him but if he'd by any chance actually get in, a part of me would be gleeful.
Holding out for de Blob 3. He definitely deserves another chance.

Crypto: 3.31%
Alucard x5
Why did you bring it up in the first place dammit

BowserKing

Smash Lord
The Blob

Chance: 10%. While he is very obscure, this game has the power to make obscure characters more popular. It worked on Ice Climbers, Marth, Pit and Duck Hunt, so it could work for the Blob as well. Competition is most likely going to defeat him, but there could be a chance for him to be playable, in the near of far future.

Want: 50%. He has some unique concepts, and he could be fun to play as. But since I don't know too much, due to said obscurity, I'm just going to say that this game has the power to make this franchise more popular. That is all I'm going to say about this.

Prediction: Crypto (10%)

Noms: 2 for New Zelda Rep and 3 for Concept: returning stages

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
ARMS CHARACTER COMING TO SMASH!

ASSIST TROPHY PROMOTIONS ARE 100% OFFICIAL!

Ok scratch that last part since the character technically hasn't been revealed, but yeah I think it's gonna happen.

So with that surprise announcement we now have 5 more characters to go. You're free to maybe say your thoughts on the new character but keep the rating mainly about The Blob today. Either tonight or tomorrow morning will be Direct mini reactions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom