• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Dreamcast King.
Chance:???: this is the only character I literally have NO idea about his chances. Shenmue did get a new game, and it did... eh. I just don't know how likely or unlikely he is for smash.
Want:100%: The Shenmue games are the best games for the Dreamcast barring SA2, and I would love to see what they would do with Ryo. Maybe have a Quick time Event counter? Or hell, I don't know. I don't care if he's generic, he still represents one of my all time favorite franchises.

Nominations: Minato Arisato x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gnar (League of Legends) x115
Chun-Li x115
Segata Sanshiro x105
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x100
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x95
Falinks x91
Bubsy x90

100 - 51

Alucard (Castlevania) x85
Decidueye x80
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x75
Concept: New Zelda character x75
Sirfetch'd x75
Meowth x74
Concept: Darksiders rep x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Concept: A character who isn't the star of their own game x60
Concept: Contra rep x60
Minato Arisato x60
Concept: Civilization series stage with music (Standalone) x60
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x55
[Rerate] Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Earthworm Jim x50
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Concept: DLC music packs x45
Junko & Monokuma x45
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Terra Branford x35
Concept: Level-5 rep x35
Axel Stone x35
Boss: Ender Dragon x33
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x32
[Rerate] Kratos x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Urbosa x25
Giygas x25
Concept: Nippon Ichi rep x25

Under 25

Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x21
Concept: Returning stages x21
Ahri (League of Legends) x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x16
Zeraora x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
Guardian (Destiny) x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gooigi x10
[Rerate] Steve x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
Black Shadow x8
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Taranza x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Magolor x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x5
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x5
The Avatar (Ultima) x5
Concept: No third parties in this Pass x5
Baldi (Baldi's Basics) x5
Stage: Bowser's Castle x3
3 Mage Sisters x2

Chun-Li is now tied with Gnar for first place. Hornet skips over Devolver Digital rep and takes fourth place. Falinks barely crawls past Bubsy and rests in sixth.

Concept: Dragalia Lost rep has over 50 noms.

Concept: Nippon Ichi rep escapes from the under 25 club.

Today's new challenger is Baldi, with 5 noms.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ryo

Chance: 5%

Shenmue is a classic Sega series that got revived last year. It has a cult following and Ryo himself has moveset potential with him being a martial artist. However, the series has many obstacles. For one, it never became a big success and the series was in hiatus for a long time. Furthermore, Shenmue 3 sold below expectations and had mixed reception. It also doesn't help that the series has never been on Nintendo platforms. And to add onto all this, Sega has much more popular and successful series like Shin Megami Tensei , Yakuza and Puyo Puyo, which has been pushed more by Sega in recent years. A shenmue rep just seems like a pipe dream with all things considered.

Want: Abstain

I don't know enough about the character himself to give a fair want score.

Prediction: Big Daddy - 13.20% (This day is going to be real interesting. The Bioshock Collection was just announced for the Switch. That is going to really increase the scores for some people while other people won't think it increases Big Daddy's chances by a lot.)

Noms: Contra rep x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Ryo Hazuki

Chance: 0%
Shenmue is... ugh, you read what the others have. If not, you're not going to read this either. Thing is, Yakuza is the spiritual successor of Shenmue, in more ways than one. So while it's true Ryo would be a nod to Yu Suzuki, well so would be Kiryu. And unlike Shenmue, Yakuza isn't flopping and shows good promise. There isn't much Ryo offers that Kiryu doesn't, except being a true icon of the dreamcast... which isn't exactly helping his case here either. If we do get another Sega rep, it'd be 2 corporations agreeing on one character. Which means you can be sure it won't be Ryo.

Want: 10%
I'd much rather have Kiryu. Pretty much anything that could make me want Ryo, Kiryu does better. He's sadly invalidated by Kiryu. I mean come on, does Ryo answer the phone like a boss? Kiryu does! (second half is edited, first part isn't)

Predictions: Big Daddy - 12%

Nominations: Junko & Monokuma x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Double 0

Shenmue isn't exactly an iconic series. And it went dormant for an incredibly long time. Also it never released on a Nintendo system which is a huge turn off. Being a regular human doesn't help as others have said. There's just feels like there's nothing about this character that makes him feel like he should be in Smash.

Nominate someone who isn't the star of their own game x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ryo

Chance: 10%. It is another obscure game representative, so the chance appears to be low because of it. The fierce competition between the other fighters does not help Roy's case. With that said, it's not impossible, as we seen obscure characters get in, and when they get in, they get more popular, so in a way, this franchise and Ryo would gain more popularity due to Smash.

Want: 50%. I don't know too much about the franchise, but Ryo would be a fun character to play as. Ryo has the potential for being in the game, plus his franchise would gain some new form of popularity. That is all I'm going to say about that.

Prediction: Big Daddy (10%)

Noms: 2 for New Zelda Rep and 3 for Stage: Bowser's Castle

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ryo Hazuki

Chance - 0% - Shenmue has basically been replaced by Yakuza. I see very little reason why to pick him over Kiryu, when Kiryu is from a more successful, popular, and relevant series.

Want - 40% - Not really what I want out of a character. Combined with people actually wanting Kiryu to a noticeable degree, I find very little reason to want him.

Predicitons

Big Daddy - 3.24% - Maybe? He was in Allstars...

Nominations

Nippon Ichi Rep X5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Shenmue isn't exactly an iconic series.
Um... it is though. Together with the Virtua games, Yu Suzuki introduced with those titles several gaming elements that were later improved on by other franchises into what we know today - Yakuza being the most obvious example. The DreamCast had few huge icons and Ryo was one of them. The others were Sonic (duh), Ulala (Space Channel 5), Vyse (Skies of Arcadia... I wouldn't say an icon but pretty popular iirc) as well as the games Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio. And Samba de Amigo, I suppose? Point is, Ryo is easily top 5 most recognisable DreamCast main characters, if not top 3.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ryo:

Chance: 0.5%
Everyone loves Shenmue, but nobody bought Shenmue. It might seem foolish to use sales as a reason not to include a character, but Shenmue 3 was a crowd sourced game that managed to flop. Shenmue's recent mobile offering was also a flop. I just can't see Ryo being selected for a non Sega All Stars crossover honestly. As others have said Yakuza is Shenmue's more successful spiritual successor, and SEGA has a few other IPs that they could put forth before Ryo to sell a pass without even touching a second Sonic character.

Want: 15%
Crashing into people in a forklift might be fun...and I at least know who Ryo is? Other than that nothing really excites me about Ryo. Sorry. Pretty much every other notable SEGA character (other than ironically enough Kiryu) grabs my attention more.

Predicitons
Big Daddy: 2.2%. He did make PlayStation All Stars...even if I don't really think of Big Daddy as a Playstation character really.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ryo Hazuki

Chance: 1%
His series was dormant up until recently and the third game (which had to be crowdfunded to begin with) was a flop saleswise. With tons of other Sega series having both greater Nintendo history and better things going for them, I just don't see Ryo happening.

Want: 10%
Sorry but when it comes to me wanting another Sega character, Ryo is without a doubt at the bottom of that list since he just doesn't interest me at all. Just about every other potential Sega pick would be much more fun (even without playing Yakuza I can safely say I'd have more fun with Kiryu than Ryo).

Big Daddy chance prediction: 2.50%

Nominations:
Axel Stone x5

-----

So the results of the ARMS poll were more or less a three-way tie. We'll try to make a final decision on what we'll do with ARMS as soon as we can.

-----

Day over.

Now would you kindly rate Big Daddy from Bioshock?

Predict Mii Costume: Hollow Knight.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Bioshock mood:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Abstain again, what is Bioshock

Knight Mii costume: 75.6%

Noms: Hornet(Hollow Knight) x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Big Daddy

Chance: 15%
This ain't Playstation All-Stars but it's close enough. Now for those who are too young to remember Bioshock, it's a series that is a spiritual successor to System Shock. The Bioshock series is a series of first person shooters with some RPG elements thrown into the mix. It takes place in Rapture, an underwater city that was meant to be a paradise but turned into hell after it's inhabitants went mad.

Big Daddy are boss enemies that protect characters called little sisters as they wander through rapture. The character is seen as the face of the series and a Big Daddy became the main protagonist in Bioshock 2. In terms of crossovers Big Daddy appeared in Playstation All-Starts Battle Royale as a playable fighter.

With the Bioshock collection on the Switch it seems the character hits the right notes to be eligible as DLC. The only remaining thing is to wonder if Nintendo would be interested in picking the character to begin with.

Want: 60%
Sure why not. I like the Bioshock games and plasmids open a huge potential for a unique and fun moveset. I'd be totally fine with this inclusion.

Prediction: Hollow Knight mii costume 67.2%
Nomination: The Avatar (Ultima) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Underwater Daddy

Chance: 15%

Bioshock is a popular series with the first game and Bioshock Infinite in particular being very successful games, both in reception and sales. Big Daddy is the icon for the series and is playable in the second game. His abilities consist of a full-body charge, a drill, and plasmids that serve different purposes such as setting a mini-tornado trap, shooting electric bolts, summoning hostile bees, telekinesis, and even a gravity well that sucks opponents in and does damage. Big Daddy's design is iconic and would make him stand out from all the other fighters.

With the Bioshock Collection coming to the Switch and the series getting a new game sometime in the future, it's very well possible that Nintendo could pick Big Daddy, especially if 2K continues to support the Switch in the future.

The biggest question is: Would Nintendo choose Bioshock of all franchises? It's possible. The games aren't too scary and even if they pick Rapture (which is hands down the most iconic place of the series and I can't see them choosing something else like a location from Infinite), it won't be a big deal as the atmosphere of Rapture is as much about the jaw-dropping nature of it and its beauty, as much as its horror side. Overall, it won't be much more scarier than Dracula's Castle. One thing I can say is that the music is generally atmospheric and slow, so they might have to remix a lot of it to make it work.

The biggest hit towards Bioshock is that it's a western series. I only see us getting one or two more western characters, if even at that. When it comes to requests, Bioshock isn't up there despite its popularity and ultimately, I think other western characters like Crash and Dragonborn are much more likely. I'm not saying that kills Big Daddy's chances at all. In fact, I just said about a week ago that most of the characters in the DLC lineup so far is outside of the usual spectrum of discussed characters. Ultimately Bioshock might prevail due to its legacy, popularity and Big Daddy possibly being a shill pick.

Want: 70%

Typing this reminded me how much I really like the Bioshock games. I'm a sucker for the atmosphere of the first game in particular and a stage would be incredibly cool. Big Daddy has crazy moveset potential and I love his design. Plus he is my favorite character in PlayStation All Stars so it would be nice to play as him in a mechanically better game (although his moveset in that game was fun and true to the Bioshock games).

Prediction: Hollow Knight Mii Costume - 60%

Noms: Contra rep x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
This thing idk I've never played Bioshock
Chance: 0.01%
We're getting the whole trilogy on Switch next month but I'm wondering if the timing really was right for it. Even if it is, we have to remember that a Switch port never automatically equals a Smash appearance. Bioshock may sell and review well but we are talking about a western made FPS so Japan will be a big hurdle.
Also there's no guarantee that if Bioshock were to get a character it would be Big Daddy. They're the mascot of the series I guess, sure, but if the Slime got rejected in favour of the Hero than I'm pretty sure the protagonist would be prioritezed as usual.

Want: 0%
Simply not interested. There are third-parties I'd be way more excited for and Bioshock getting represented with a fighter would kinda confuse me if other, more popular third-party series with legacy couldn't (RE). Also Big Daddy is this disturbing diver thing with some relation to some spooky ghost girls and I just don't see the appeal of that in Smash.

No third-parties in this pass x5
HK mii costume: 62.68%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
tenor (3).gif

Big Daddy Bioshock

Chance: 10%
A few days ago I'd have given an abysmally low score, citing the BioShock series' absence from Nintendo consoles. Now we have the entirety of it available on Switch. Was it in the works in time for it to be considered for the Pass? Eh, could be, but at the very least this isn't Devil May Cry getting a port announced half a year after the first Pass was set in stone.

Still, BioShock is a Western series, so that hurts its chances a lot. As far as Western series go, though, BioShock has what it takes. Having 2 out of 3 games be considered amongst the best of all time is a pretty great batting average. The settings are iconic, the stories mindboggling, the gameplay addictive and the characters memorable.

Big Daddy is interesting to consider because it's a rare case (well, not that rare in FPSes, for obvious reasons) where the mascot and the most iconic character isn't the main character, but a villain. And Big Daddy isn't even a character, it's a type of villain. I don't think it's inconceivable for a mascot to get in over a main character, even a villainous one, but I do find it telling that Dragon Quest was represented through its generic heroes before the Slime. I don't see us getting Jack, but I do think Booker and Elizabeth as a tag team are strong competition as they are also iconic, plus they are the protagonists. Or maybe we'd get Delta, who's a main character and a Big Daddy, albeit from the least acclaimed game. I don't have any answers here, I just think the questions are interesting.

As for moveset potential, well that's there in boatloads (heh, geddit? cause underwater). Drill hand, plasmids, that's like a recipe for one of the most unique characters, visually and playstyle-wise.

While 2K Games is owned by Take-Two, I think Take-Two's divisions operate independently of each other so Big Daddy isn't competing with, say, a GTA character (though with GTA's specific circumstances might make that a battle Big Daddy can win). As for 2K's other games, I don't see Borderlands getting a character before BioShock, so that's that.

Want: 75%
If we can't get a BioShock 4 by Ken Levine, then Big Daddy in Smash would be a nice consolation prize.

Noms: Earthworm Jim x5
Hollow Knight Mii Costume prediction: uhhh 50%

Now for those who are too young to remember Bioshock
I would hope that isn't happening yet, I mean Infinite came out in 2013. If kids can't recognize games that recent, that would make me feel super old.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Big Daddy

Chance 20 - I think there's a bit of a chance here. Bioshock is/was a pretty popular series through the late 2000s and early 2010s and it feels like the 2000s are the least repped decade in Smash. There's also the fact the collection is coming to the Switch, and while we lived through about 200 billion fake leaks in the base roster that started with that premise that also feels like one of the last major hurdles the character has that it can conceivably overcome towards getting in Smash. One major issue here is that Big Daddy is a western character, and I don't think we're getting more than 1 or 2 in, with 2 being the absolute max. There's a lot of competition for that spot. I could maybe see it though if for whatever reason Crash gets passed on since that leaves a field with the likes of Dovahkiin, Spyro, and Tracer, and none of which feels like sure things. There's also the issue of Big Daddy being not only the villain, but a class of villain in the games. It's the most iconic character from the games for sure but Sakurai really does love going for the main protagonist in the DLC it seems. Maybe this could be the exception to that though as he has said in the past he likes to include more than just protagonists, which is why characters like Plant exist in the game. He's also been in crossovers before so the question of will he be allowed in the game is seemingly gone after PSASBR. Overall I think there's a lot of reasons to include Big Daddy in Smash, but the biggest knock being a western rep pushes things back a little even though he checks a lot of boxes

Want 70 - I'd like this. I heard and learned alot about Bioshock as a kid through magazines but was really damn picky with what I played so I never got a game. Now that the collection is on the Switch I'm probably going to play the series once I get the funds as I've heard basically only good things about the series. Overall too Bioshock is a pretty iconic series and I think it would be an easy choice for Smash they were more open to western characters making the games.

Predictions
Hollow Knight Mii Costume - 85%

Noms
Falinks x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Big Daddy (or well, Bioshock in general I guess) - abstain

It's not that I don't know the series nor the character. It's that I can't come up with a score I'd be 100% behind. All because of the Bioshock collection being recently released on switch. I'd say it's unlikely but it's not just one game that came on switch. And that I certainly did not see happening so... it's hard to pinpoint Nintendo's intentions with that one.

Predictions: Hollow Knight mii costume - 69% (kek)

Nominations: Junko & Monokuma x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chun-Li x120
Gnar (League of Legends) x115
Segata Sanshiro x105
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x105
Falinks x96
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x95
Bubsy x90
Alucard (Castlevania) x90

100 - 51

Sirfetch'd x85
Decidueye x80
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x75
Concept: New Zelda character x75
Meowth x74
Concept: Darksiders rep x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Concept: A character who isn't the star of their own game x65
Concept: Contra rep x65
Minato Arisato x65
Concept: Civilization series stage with music (Standalone) x65
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x60
[Rerate] Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x60

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Earthworm Jim x50
Junko & Monokuma x50
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Concept: DLC music packs x45
Axel Stone x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Terra Branford x35
Concept: Level-5 rep x35
Boss: Ender Dragon x33
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x32
[Rerate] Kratos x30
Concept: Nippon Ichi rep x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Urbosa x25
Giygas x25

Under 25

Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x21
Concept: Returning stages x21
Ahri (League of Legends) x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x16
Zeraora x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
Guardian (Destiny) x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gooigi x10
[Rerate] Steve x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x10
Black Shadow x8
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Taranza x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Magolor x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x5
The Avatar (Ultima) x5
Concept: No third parties in this Pass x5
Baldi (Baldi's Basics) x5
Stage: Bowser's Castle x3
3 Mage Sisters x2

Chun-Li defeats Gnar and takes the crown. Hornet is now tied with Segata Sanshiro for third place. Falinks barely crawls past Devolver Digital rep and ends the day in fifth place. Alucard flies into the top seven, tying with Bubsy for the last spot.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Big Daddy.

Chance: 10%

Bioshock is an incredible game and was very popular around the time of its release- mostly in the West from what I could tell, but the chance of him appearing as a smash character is very low, its popularity has essentially fallen off a cliff in recent days, I mean there is that trilogy coming to switch which is really nice but overall I dont think Bioshock/Big Daddy has the popularity surrounding it enough to warrant a character addition.

Want: 75%

I absolutely LOVE the bioshock games, I played the hell out of them along with some friends going through middle school into high school, the story, atmosphere and game play is just very fluent and satisfying and I think the Plasmids (power ups/abilities) could be very interesting with being able to use a vast majority of different skills (Flames, Blizzards, Shock, THE BEES OH GOD THE BEES, etc.).

Predictions:
Hollow Knight Mii Costume: 80%

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Big Daddy

Chance: 3%. Maybe I'm just contrarian, but I don't see this happening. The Bioshock Trilogy is coming to Switch and that was a pretty poorly-kept secret for a while now, but Switch ports don't mean all that much when so many games are coming to the Switch... Googling for info on Japanese popularity, Bioshock Infinite apparently had an in-house Japanese dub, which is a good sign! But also the trilogy wasn't announced in the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct Mini, which is a not-good sign, as one would think that they would want to signal-boost the series if it was getting a Smash announcement anytime soon.

I think Bioshock is an iconic franchise that could 100% get content in Smash, but I don't think the roads are pointing for a playable character right now.

Want: Abstain. I really like Bioshock Infinite's soundtrack? I'm a big Scott Bradlee fan and find it cool that he has a character modelled after him in that game. Beyond that, I have no real connection to the franchise.

Prediction: Hollow Knight Mii Costume 83%

Noms: Level-5 Rep x 5.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain today since I've got a lot on my mind and can't concentrate on a larger write-up. Big Daddy feels like one of those characters that could happen but more than likely won't. He's now on the Switch, which is a huge plus, and there IS (or was) a banner on the Switch's News section called "2K <3 Switch", but it all comes down to whether or not 2K wants to continue supporting the Switch or Nintendo sees enough value in a partnership. I'd cite recency but 2K did get a couple of their sports games on Switch in the reveal trailer kind alike what Bethesda did with Skyrim so they could be in a similar position.

Nominations:
Bubsy x5

Predictions:
Hollow Knight Costume - 74.63%

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely since I'm really busy at the moment and don't much much personal experience with Bioshock.

Hollow Knight Mii Costume chance prediction: 56.63%

Nominations:
Axel Stone x5

D

Deleted member

These days are going by pretty damn fast. I'm abstaining on Big Daddy today cause I have very little to comment on Bioshock and want to get those predictions and noms out today.
--------------
Predictions:
Hollow Knight Mii Costume: 62%
--------------
Noms:
Devolver Digital Rep x4
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x1

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Jeez, these past two days really have been going by way too quick. I was still gearing up for rating Reporter and Wrestler, and here we are already at today's rating. But either way. . .

Great Father

Chance: 0%
I'll admit right away, I know next to nothing about Bioshock. However, I am pretty certain that the series has, until the recently announced compilation, never been on any Nintendo console. Between this, the most recent new original title already being quite some time ago, questionable popularity in Japan, and being made by a Western developer, I just don't see it. Especially not with the lack of fan support for this character.

Want: 0%

Not interested. I've seen some bits and pieces of Bioshock gameplay over the years, and there's nothing about it that really catches my attention.

Nominating Concept: A new Zelda character x5.

Predicting a Hollow Knight Mii Costume to get around 44.44%.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
RTC days for single characters have always typically been 24 hours (often on the dot), with the exception of certain big names like Geno and recently Paper Mario. The last few days went on for about an hour longer than the minimum 24 hour limit and I even did a poll on this thread not too long ago where about half of you said you preferred 24 hour days anyway. Not to mention that whenever a day ends, you have an extra hour to put in your ratings so they get counted anyway.

I also take activity into account when deciding if a day should be prolonged. For example when I ended Reporter & Wrestler's Day, the last rating was about 10 hours ago. Admittedly Shenmue's day wasn't a good example of this but even then it still went on for more than the minimum 24 hours.

I've tried doing 36 hour days in the past but often times there is just a long gap of no one posting anything. I'll see how it works out for Big Daddy (expect their day to end around Saturday night).

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Big Daddy

Chance: 10%. It would not be the first time Big Daddy appeared in a crossover game. However, just like many character in all stars, it would be surprising if he made it in Smash Bros. However, there is competition between many other characters, and chances are, he may not be in this game, but it's not impossible.

Want: 50%. Big Baddy would be a fun character to play as. I can see him fight Megaman, R.O.B and Snake in a free for all, or fight Galeom in a potential classic mode. But I don't know too much but I think he has potential to be in Smash, and for the most part, his moveset in PlayStation all stars could be a basis of a moveset (with alterations of course)

Prediction: Hollow Knight Costume (15%)

Noms: 2 for Boss: Ender Dragon and 3 for New Zelda Rep

D

Deleted member

RTC days for single characters have always typically been 24 hours (often on the dot), with the exception of certain big names like Geno and recently Paper Mario. The last few days went on for about an hour longer than the minimum 24 hour limit and I even did a poll on this thread not too long ago where about half of you said you preferred 24 hour days anyway. Not to mention that whenever a day ends, you have an extra hour to put in your ratings so they get counted anyway.

I also take activity into account when deciding if a day should be prolonged. For example when I ended Reporter & Wrestler's Day, the last rating was about 10 hours ago. Admittedly Shenmue's day wasn't a good example of this but even then it still went on for more than the minimum 24 hours.

I've tried doing 36 hour days in the past but often times there is just a long gap of no one posting anything. I'll see how it works out for Big Daddy (expect their day to end around Saturday night).
What about concepts revolving around multiple characters like a company rep? Do those also get the same 24 hour limit too?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Big Daddy

Big Daddy is a big character. Both physically large and the 'mascot' character of a critically successful trilogy. Heck, he's even proven to work in a Smash style game due to appearing on PlayStation All Stars, drilling Parappa the Rapper in the face and clobbering Sackboy.

There's a lot in it's way though.
FPS have typically not done great in Japan, with even everyone's favourite mad lad Doomguy not doing particularly great in Nintendo's homeland.

2K may want to push the also successful IP of Borderlands instead with Claptrap who would certainly be more family friendly than Big Daddy(although with the allegations of assault towards Claptrap's VA they may want to avoid that anyway).

Being a Western company owned IP makes negotiations outright harder for Sakurai and with relatively limited fan demand for a Bioshock character, I'm not sure why Bioshock would be chosen above any other FPS IP.

To a lesser degree, Bioshock is more associated with every platform BUT Nintendo. My first console exposure was through Xbox, but him appearing as a PlayStation All Star(tm) would suggest he's commonly associated with Sony too. And then there's the PC market... could not avoid advertising for Infinite on Steam. Nintendo is really the last associated company for me regarding Bioshock.

Lastly, Elizabeth and Booker of Infinite may be chosen even if Bioshock is chosen as a series Sakurai wants in Smash. Big Daddy is probably slightly mode likely but he faces competition even here.

Want: 50%
True neutral on this one. I've never played Bioshock myself but Big Daddy could be big fun. Seen some of the things he could do and honestly kinda makes me want to buy the trilogy and try him out.

Prediction:
Hollow Knight Mii outfit: 62%

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
What about concepts revolving around multiple characters like a company rep? Do those also get the same 24 hour limit too?
Yeah something like that would typically be a bit longer than 24 hours.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You can really tell how much Nintendo fans lack exposure to BioShock by the amount of abstentions today. Do yourselves a favor, give the BioShock trilogy a go when it comes to Switch. I'm not exaggerating when I say those games are mind-blowing.

2K may want to push the also successful IP of Borderlands instead with Claptrap who would certainly be more family friendly than Big Daddy(although with the allegations of assault towards Claptrap's VA they may want to avoid that anyway).
Eh, I wouldn't say Big Daddy is a family unfriendly character. Sure, the BioShock games are full of philosophical and political themes and they're also pretty scary at times, but Big Daddy himself hasn't really got anything objectionable that would need to be censored in a Smash appearance. If anything, it's the Borderlands humor would have to be neutered.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Big Daddy
The main issue I have with this one is that Sakurai likes to rep a main hero, so chances are looking better for Elizabeth or Booker. With the most recent direct showing a bunch of 2K x Nintendo stuff, it's possible, but I don't find it likely

Want: 25%
Big Daddy would be a cool pick. Just not a pick that's near the top of my list.

Predict: Hollow Knight Costume: 60%

Noms: Baldi x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Big Daddy

Chance - 0% - He only recently came to Nintendo, which is typically seen as a death sentence for most characters. Add on top of that the fact that they will chose the character that best represents the mechanics of their home game (which is typically the protagonist or player character), and he doesn't stand a chance.

Want - 30% - Eh, not really interesting. I think there are many other third parties I would prefer getting in.

Nominations

Nippon Ichi rep X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chance - 0% - He only recently came to Nintendo, which is typically seen as a death sentence for most characters. Add on top of that the fact that they will chose the character that best represents the mechanics of their home game (which is typically the protagonist or player character), and he doesn't stand a chance.
Big Daddies can use plasmids, so they can also represent the mechanics of the series just as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know Big Daddy was used to represent Bioshock in PlayStation AllStars, but he's also not an individual. Sakurai definitely prefers to go with the Hero (as with Hero before slime), I know Bioshock is first person and I don't even know if the hero has a face buy I just consider it all very unlikely. Bioshock is also only just coming to Switch, and the pass was decided a while ago. And it was announced with just a bunch of other games from the developer

Double 0

Nominate someone who isn't the star of their own game x5

Predictions hollow Knight costume 17%

Top Bottom