• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Azura

Chances: 2%
another FE character at all doesn't seem to be very likely after all the backlash it garnered. Azura herself however, offers a new weapon to the table, but I fear it's far too little too late, as she's from a game that isn't that popular compared to awakening, and already has a rep in smash.

Want: 10%
she could have an interesting moveset around dancing and spear using, but I still care much for the character, or FE as a whole. There are far better choices.

Nominations: Louie x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A-literally-who-ra
Chance: 0.1%
I had to look up this character on google to find out who she was. That should say enough about her chances.
But seriously, after the Corrin backlash, I'm sure the dev team will be smart enough to not add another character from their game (or series.)
Want: 0%
We already have too many FE characters. We don't need more.

Sans prediction: 0% - This character is such a meme that this might as well be a double day with Goku.
Noms: Steve x5
I have no stake in Azura's race, as noted above, but she is far from a Literally Who in the context of Fire Emblem, or even Nintendo in general.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Azura

Chance: 1%
She could be a Bandana Dee alt

Want: 60%
I loved Fates and I want as many Fire Emblem characters as possible.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
A-literally-who-ra
Chance: 0.1%
I had to look up this character on google to find out who she was. That should say enough about her chances.
Well considering she's highly prominent in a game with almost 2 million sales and was featured in the advertising for said game all that really tells me is that you didn't play the game.
I swear this "literally who" crap gets weaker every time someone uses it.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I have no stake in Azura's race, as noted above, but she is far from a Literally Who in the context of Fire Emblem, or even Nintendo in general.
Well considering she's highly prominent in a game with almost 2 million sales and was featured in the advertising for said game all that really tells me is that you didn't play the game.
I swear this "literally who" craps gets weaker every time someone uses it.
I guess I've just been living under a rock, then. Whoops.
My chance rating still stands, however.

She could be a Bandana Dee alt
This would actually be hilarious.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The ocean's gray waves

Chance- 10%
Want- 75%

I would've rather had this Waterbending spear dancer than Corrin. But at this point I doubt we could have her alongside Corrin.

Nominations- Wonder Red x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Azura
Chance: 5%
Azura was THE featured Fire Emblem character for Fates once upon a time but with Corrin in the game and Camilla being slightly more popular I have to wonder if Azura's even the next most likely Fates character although she's certainly important to the story.

She does offer some uniqueness in water elemental magic(which compared to fire is scarce in Smash) and she's one of those often sort after spear/lance users and there's been no one who has used dancing in their moveset yet.

Azura's popularity is nothing to sniff at either, as she's right behind Camilla in terms of popular Fates characters and of course appeared as a Fates representative in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Overall though I feel Sakurai's going to keep Fire Emblem newcomers to a minimum and I only see Lyn, Celica, Tiki or Camilla getting in as the next female Fire Emblem character, with the ever popular Chrom and Hector possibly also offering some competition.

Want: 20%
No offense to Azura's fans but I'm not hungry for a dancer class character compared to a wyvern/pegasus/transforming species class. I'd sooner pick Yarne over Azura despite the latters popularity. She is however an important part of the Fates story and in a way a foil to Corrin so I have to give her some percentage for her importance.

She'd probably make a better Fates character to add to Smash than the ever popular Camilla, but a dragon rider vs. a dancer is only ever going to go one way for me. I'd also probably pick Takumi and Jacob over her but she's still one of the better options if Fates MUST have a second character.

Sans Prediction: 10%

Nomination: Meowth X 5

(how long have we got before the purge?)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Azura

Chance - 1% - Fire Emblem Fates, while popular/sold well, furthered the rift between older FE fans and those that joined due to Awakening. Corrin was able to get in due to good timing, but that has passed, and the game's questionable reception I think would prevent Fates from getting a second character, especially after Sakurai himself said the series felt saturated. Unless Sakurai truly has a great vision on how she would play, I don't see it.

Want - 35% - While she could offer something unique, I only really want Anna as a Fire Emblem character. I'd rather get someone who's going to be a bit more that flavor-of-the-time character and there really aren't many more options other than her.

Predictions

Sans - 3.45% - Too late.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Azura Chance: 5%
First off, no, Azura (as well as Fates a whole) is not "irrelevant". Fates may not be the most recent thing on the block anymore, but it still got so much attention in Heroes AND Warriors. And it's still a popular (even if also very controversial) game. If anything, Fates is among the most relevant Fire Emblem games period. I don't think this helps her chances much in the long run, but since numerous people decided to claim that "not the most recent thing = irrelevant", it had to be said regardless.

That said, Sakurai does look at the most recent Fire Emblem games to pull characters from, so Alm and Celica definitely have an edge. On top of that, we already got Corrin, so even if Fates is still relevant, I don't see Sakurai going back to it when he's already added a character from it. At least, if Sakurai were to go back to Fates, she's not without much competition (Takumi's really the only one I could see serve as competition, because the rest of the royals either don't come off as popular enough or sound rather difficult to implement).

I wasn't expecting to go this in-depth for Azura of all the characters we could possibly rate, but I guess I had to.

Want: 50%
I'm usually against more Fire Emblem characters, but I'd be OK with Azura. She's definitely not my go-to pick for a spear user though, since there's two others (one of which is even from the same franchise) I'd rather have.

Sans Prediction: 5%
Tomorrow's going to be a rough one if any of those obnoxious people who hate Undertale with a fiery passion get involved.

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Azura
Chances: 10%
Want:100%

Could have been a really cool inclusion with her spear, dancing, and water abilities but we got Corrin instead and I think if we get a new FE rep it will be from echoes or the switch game.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Azura!

Chance: 10%

Azura was mostly suggested as an alternative to Corrin due to the complaints of having another Fire Emblem sword user. Sure she is also... slightly popular? But she didn't even make it into Fire Emblem Warriors before DLC. She's far from most popular Fire Emblem character and Ephraim is actually a lord and more popular. She does have recent game relevancy and is actually IN Fire Emblem Warriors, unlike Ephraim... but I still don't think any of what she has makes her make sense for being in the game or worthy.

Want: 9%

I am... not the biggest fan. Maybe I would have liked her a few years ago but there are so many characters I would prefer over her. Her biggest boon to me is her potential unique moveset but I still don't think it'll be much more than waving a stick around.

Noms: Sable Prince x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Azura

She's got a lot of internal competition, and she also has a perceived spear moveset competition that she would undoubtedly lose to Bandana Dee.

Want: 100%
If there's so many sword users, then we can have two unique spear fighters, no problemo. Plus, Azura is just a great character... one of my favorites from Fates!

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

:171:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Azura
Chance - 15%
Small chance she will get in cause of her move set potential compared to the sword users. Her game might not be the most relevant now, but I think people also tend to forget Smash was started in 2016. So there is at least a decent chance that someone from Fates or Echoes would get in cause that was the most recent. FE Switch is likely too late for the base roster, unless Sakurai decides to opt out for a FE newcomer and instead plan the new main star as DLC.
Want - 40%
I like her more than Lucina on first look easily. I do feel her design falls back on the typical show my your body anime waifu bait, but at least her being a water based dancer helps warrant the fan service. I think she could be very interesting as a fighter, but I'd be perfectly fine without her as well.

Azura was THE featured Fire Emblem character for Fates once upon a time but with Corrin in the game and Camilla being slightly more popular I have to wonder if Azura's even the next most likely Fates character although she's certainly important to the story.
*Looka up Camilla.* Oh okay. The person who beats let me show you my legs up to my pelvis water dancer is the I'm heavily armored except for my big hitbox boobs and pelvis. Cause you know, gotta let your private out in the fight. Like what even is that exposed crotch design on Camilla? I didn't realize how much fan service the series degraded itself to. I swear Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn didn't have nearly as many female designs that god awful. Nephenee was very popular but far from generic beauty. Calill showed her legs and was pretty, but her was classy with a small chest. Jill and Titania were armored mounted units that were actually respectable women. Apparently all the new designs are "HERE'S MY LEGS AND BOOBS!!! INSTANT FAN FAVORITE." I hated Micaiah's character, but I'd easily take her over pure fan service characters designed to get the boys riled up.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Azula

Chances: 3%. If they add a new FE character, It wont be her. Her game already has a character, and she isn't all that popular

Want: 30%. I haven't played Fates, so I don't care about her. But she does seem like she could be interesting, so I'll give her the benefit of the dowbt

Nominations: Kamek x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Azura

Chance: 15%
Dark horse here. It depends if Sakurai wants to revisit Fates. I don't think IS will be pushing for her considering she didn't make the base roster of a spin off of her parent series. If she gets in, it will be down to Sakurai liking her character and movepool more than anything.

Moveset wise I could see her catching his attention: a dancer with a spear is something that could create an interesting fighter.

Want: 15%
I think her moveset is the saving grace here. Otherwise, no attachment to the character and I'd rather see other series get some love and creativity in the playable character department.

Sans: 4.5%

Nominating Ninten x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Azura
Chance - 15%
Small chance she will get in cause of her move set potential compared to the sword users. Her game might not be the most relevant now, but I think people also tend to forget Smash was started in 2016. So there is at least a decent chance that someone from Fates or Echoes would get in cause that was the most recent. FE Switch is likely too late for the base roster, unless Sakurai decides to opt out for a FE newcomer and instead plan the new main star as DLC.
Want - 40%
I like her more than Lucina on first look easily. I do feel her design falls back on the typical show my your body anime waifu bait, but at least her being a water based dancer helps warrant the fan service. I think she could be very interesting as a fighter, but I'd be perfectly fine without her as well.

*Looka up Camilla.* Oh okay. The person who beats let me show you my legs up to my pelvis water dancer is the I'm heavily armored except for my big hitbox boobs and pelvis. Cause you know, gotta let your private out in the fight. Like what even is that exposed crotch design on Camilla? I didn't realize how much fan service the series degraded itself to. I swear Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn didn't have nearly as many female designs that god awful. Nephenee was very popular but far from generic beauty. Calill showed her legs and was pretty, but her was classy with a small chest. Jill and Titania were armored mounted units that were actually respectable women. Apparently all the new designs are "HERE'S MY LEGS AND BOOBS!!! INSTANT FAN FAVORITE." I hated Micaiah's character, but I'd easily take her over pure fan service characters designed to get the boys riled up.
Without going off on too much of a tangent, it isn't across the board as far as overly-fanservicey designs. Hell, Fates alone also has characters like Oboro who are much more, well, clothed. Fates' armor design as a whole gets a ton of criticism (and rightfully so) since it basically took some of Awakening's more questionable choices and turned them up to eleven. The series can still do respectable designs. Just look at SoV (more minor things like "boob armor" chest plates for two or so characters not withstanding, but that just seems like a common (if annoying) video game trope in general nowadays). Nothing Camilla-level though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dark Samus x270
Lip x265
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x263
Agumon x261
Travis Touchdown x259
Urban Champion x254
Mipha x253

Over 200:

Sylux x252
Excitebiker x247
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x245
Pyra/Mythra x237
Masked Link x227
Cranky Kong x217
Concept: Skyrim representation x215
Wonder Red x205
Gengar x200
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x200

199-150

Kamek x198
Steve x183
Parabo & Satebo x174
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x174
Linkle x170
Lloyd Irving x170
Tingle x169
Papyrus x163
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x155
Sakura Shinguji x153
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Sable Prince x150
Lara Croft x150

149-100

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Neku Sakuraba x144
Ryu Hayabusa x140
Tetra x137
Thwomp x132
Katrielle Layton x120
Django x120
Scorpion x118
Tsubasa Oribe x115
Slippy Toad x115
Fawful x111
Octoling x110
2B x101
Labo Guy/Robot x100

99-75

Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x99
DeMille x98
Veteran: Corrin x96
Barbara x95
Balloon Fighter x92
Primarina x90
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
Leon Kennedy x85
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x83
Ray x83
Smash Run x83
Klonoa x77
Fjorm x75
Arcade Bunny x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x71
Stage: New Donk City x70
[Rerate] King K. Rool x70
Concept: Monster Hunter character x70
Dragonite x67
Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x65
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x65
Starfy x64
Gooey x64
Zeraora (Pokémon) x63
Tails x55
Toon Zelda x55
Eevee x55
Tora & Poppi x52
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Breidablik Item x46
Rick/Coo/Kine x45
Louie x45
Concept: Wars character x43
Slime x40
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x40
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Meowth x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
9-Volt x34
Viridi x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Concept: Transformation characters x30
Concept: Female Announcer x30
Neptune x30
Snorlax x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
Mach Rider x28
Endou Mamoru x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Ayumi Tachibana x26
Yu Narakumi x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
T-Rex x25
Nikki x25

24 and less:

Solaire x24
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x20
Concept: Boss Battles x15
Rowlet x15
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
Joker x10
Concept: Multiple Voice Acting Options x10
Concept: Pac Man World-based Moveset x10
Ninten x7
Black Mage x6
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Blastoise x5
Ashley Miziku Robbins x5
Mushashi x5
Concept: 16-Player Smash x5
Concept: DLC Announcers x5
Fiora x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2
Stage: Metal Caverns x2

Changes:

Dark Samus takes the lead, going from 3rd to 1st. Lip remains 2nd, leapfrogging Decloned Dark Pit.
Agumon is back in the top 7 in 4th. It's Sylux who is currently outside the top 7.
Wonder Red and FE Heroes Summoner break 200 noms
Sakura Shinguji, Masked Dedede FS, Sable Prince, and Lara Croft break 150 noms
2B and Labo Guy/Robot break 100 noms
Arcade Bunny breaks 75 noms
Eevee breaks 50 noms - it is safe from the purge
Yu Narakumi breaks 25 noms
New addition: Fiora (x5)
Ignored nominations: slambros slambros for not following Phantom's latest rule about detailed posts.

REMINDER: Sans' day is the final day to influence the top 7. As such, I will be capping the nominations at midnight on May 24th.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Not Quite Azurda from Xenoblade 2

Chance: Abstain
I've heard some decent points from both sides in this thread to the point where I honestly don't feel like spitballing some low % just to fit the curve. (You know, like I usually do.) Besides, I know next to nothing about Fire Emblem and its characters, so I hardly feel qualified to speak on any FE character.

Want: 1%
*sigh* Another Fates character? Yuck. Corrin was already a bad choice from a game that's divisive to say the least, and considering how many characters it has now and how ambivalent I am on the series as a whole, I find myself hesitant to want any FE newcomer period. That said, she does get the 1 from me for the very idea of her replacing Corrin.

Sans Chance: 1.96%. I haven't seen too much Undertale fanboying on these boards (I've seen more of the direct opposite), so I'm feeling reasonably confident in lowballing this one. Although the fact that he even got nominated before E3 does say something about his presence on these boards...

Nominating Sylux x5 (I don't care if Agumon gets on the schedule, but I don't want Sylux getting knocked down for it)

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Azura

So many people in the speculation community talk about timing and how important the start of the development cycle is. I think a lot of people are sleeping on things from Fates because with its Japanese release in 2015 and its International release in 2016 it fits perfectly for Sakurai to include in his initial project proposal. Fates has been pushed A LOT since its release and I have little doubt that Smash Switch wasn't affected. IF, IF, Fates got another playable character, it would be Azura. Ryoma and Xandar are argued to be bigger, but you need them both/their siblings. The Fates families are parallels and need each other to be a whole, that's part of why the FE Warriors was filled with Fates characters. Azura is neutral and can stand alone, so she has a much better chance than other Fates reps, regardless of popularity. The only problem is Corrin, who already reps Fates. Awakening only got two reps because Lucina was an alt/clone. As a whole, Azura falls perfectly in line with relevance, significance, moveset, and promotion, but is only held back by Corrin already being in.

A spear wielding dancer with water/dragon vein powers would be one of the best potential movesets for a newcomer. I actually really liked using her in Warriors and Heroes and I love Lost in Thoughts All Alone. She's really unique: when you see an incarnation of Azura, you don't go "oh that's a spear user/dancer". You go "oh that's Azura." Not something a lot of characters can say about themselves. My only problem with Azura is that I want Fates to end, and unfortunately, Azura will fall with it. Fates is responsible for even further dividing the multiple playerbases of FE and Smash after Awakening. Fates crossed the line with how it piggybacked off of popular things from Awakening but didn't execute them well itself (avatar, child units, etc.). It cranked everything wrong with the 3DS FE up to 11. It was inserted into everything FE ever since its release: the new TCG, Heroes, Warriors, etc. All things that were supposed to be overall celebrations of the franchise were oversaturated by the divisive Fates content.

It even weaseled its way into Smash and crossed the community's line on FE reps with Corrin as the final DLC. Now all of the objectively great FE newcomers will be met with "too much FE" and "anime swordsmen". People are legitimately dismissing Lyn, who has moveset potential and relevance, who is immensely more popular than every other FE character and even the ones who have appeared in Smash because she is an FE character. The series is bursting with untouched characters who have great character development, moveset potential, unique designs, and consistent relevancy who will be dismissed by the community for simply being associated with a franchise that got lucky in Smash 4. I swear if the FE16 lord rode a mount, used anything but a sword, and didn't have blue/red/white hair, and had more personality than anything in Smash, people would still dismiss them because "too much FE". This all leads back to Fates and its obnoxious way of oversaturating itself in EVERYTHING.

I'm very excited for E3. Smash will, of course, be amazing. But no matter how FE16 turns out, I can't wait for Fates to finally die.

Sans Prediction: 2.5%
Sigh

Noms: Breidablik x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Azura

Faces competition with many other FE characters that are just more likely to happen nya, if we even get nyanother FE character that is nya. With Fates being kept nyalive by FE Heros however, she still has a fair chance I'd say nya.

Want: 75%
Nyo objections to any nyu fire emblems characters, Azura is nyo exception nya. A water and spear focused moveset sounds fun enough to me nya~ and don't nyu dare give me that look, imaginary Mipha in the corner nya!

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Azura
Chance: 10%
The thing about fates is luck. And with a new FE on the switch on the horizon it's not looking too good for her. We already got Corrin and we got both robin and lucina from Awakening because muh Waifu material. I do see her however as an assist trophy.

Want: 1%
I like FE as much as the next guy but we kind of got our fill on those characters at the moment. But that's my unpopular opinion.

Nomination Django x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Azura
Chance: 0%
At this point, Fates is very irrelevant due to Echoed and the upcoming Switch game. Also, there's already 6 Fire Emblem characters with one representing Fates.
This isn't even just "no more FE". I'm fine with the Fates stuff just being gone from Smash. I don't even like Azura that much in the game.

Sans the funny haha spaghetti bone skeleman Prediction: 2%
I thought we said no more joke characters :p

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Azura

Chance: 1% - I don't see Fates getting a second character with Corrin already around. Awakening got lucky with making Lucina a last-minute clone, but Azura has so much potential for uniqueness that it'd be a disservice to make her a clone.

Want: 0% - Although I have a bit of a soft spot for Azura, I have no interest in seeing her or any other additional Fire Emblem characters in Smash.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Azura
While she is one of the main characters of Fates, as well as arguably being one of its mascots (they really love playing that song), her time has passed. FE works on a revolving door mentality and Fates is not the new kid on the block anymore, additionally Corrin knocked the wind out of her sails as he took the role of main representative for the game in Smash when he was brought in via DLC. As a result, she looks to be left in the past.

Want: 30%
I have mixed feelings when it comes to the character. I like her voice actress, Rena Strober is great and I feel she really did a good job with the character and songs. I also like her supports as they're all varied and mostly likeable. However, her role in the main story is awful as she comes off as ridiculously bland, and she's responsible for some of Fates' biggest plot issues due to the way the plot handles her 'exposition bot' and 'mysterious girl' traits. It was bad enough to nearly turn me off the character as a whole, and while her positives were enough to make me feel better about her, I still don't care for her enough to put her above the many other potential options that FE provides.

Nomination: Monster Hunter Character x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Azura

So many people in the speculation community talk about timing and how important the start of the development cycle is. I think a lot of people are sleeping on things from Fates because with its Japanese release in 2015 and its International release in 2016 it fits perfectly for Sakurai to include in his initial project proposal. Fates has been pushed A LOT since its release and I have little doubt that Smash Switch wasn't affected. IF, IF, Fates got another playable character, it would be Azura. Ryoma and Xandar are argued to be bigger, but you need them both/their siblings. The Fates families are parallels and need each other to be a whole, that's part of why the FE Warriors was filled with Fates characters. Azura is neutral and can stand alone, so she has a much better chance than other Fates reps, regardless of popularity. The only problem is Corrin, who already reps Fates. Awakening only got two reps because Lucina was an alt/clone. As a whole, Azura falls perfectly in line with relevance, significance, moveset, and promotion, but is only held back by Corrin already being in.

A spear wielding dancer with water/dragon vein powers would be one of the best potential movesets for a newcomer. I actually really liked using her in Warriors and Heroes and I love Lost in Thoughts All Alone. She's really unique: when you see an incarnation of Azura, you don't go "oh that's a spear user/dancer". You go "oh that's Azura." Not something a lot of characters can say about themselves. My only problem with Azura is that I want Fates to end, and unfortunately, Azura will fall with it. Fates is responsible for even further dividing the multiple playerbases of FE and Smash after Awakening. Fates crossed the line with how it piggybacked off of popular things from Awakening but didn't execute them well itself (avatar, child units, etc.). It cranked everything wrong with the 3DS FE up to 11. It was inserted into everything FE ever since its release: the new TCG, Heroes, Warriors, etc. All things that were supposed to be overall celebrations of the franchise were oversaturated by the divisive Fates content.

It even weaseled its way into Smash and crossed the community's line on FE reps with Corrin as the final DLC. Now all of the objectively great FE newcomers will be met with "too much FE" and "anime swordsmen". People are legitimately dismissing Lyn, who has moveset potential and relevance, who is immensely more popular than every other FE character and even the ones who have appeared in Smash because she is an FE character. The series is bursting with untouched characters who have great character development, moveset potential, unique designs, and consistent relevancy who will be dismissed by the community for simply being associated with a franchise that got lucky in Smash 4. I swear if the FE16 lord rode a mount, used anything but a sword, and didn't have blue/red/white hair, and had more personality than anything in Smash, people would still dismiss them because "too much FE". This all leads back to Fates and its obnoxious way of oversaturating itself in EVERYTHING.

I'm very excited for E3. Smash will, of course, be amazing. But no matter how FE16 turns out, I can't wait for Fates to finally die.

Sans Prediction: 2.5%
Sigh

Noms: Breidablik x5
I think I agree with you in some aspects; I think I had a very bad reception of pretty much everything that come from Fates at first (and I took me like a year to actually trying to play one of the games)... even the characters I ended up liking; because Fates was a game that while it did many fun things, overall it didn't feel right, it was riding too much in Awakening's popularity, and ended up being a mess because several of Awakening's mechanics don't mix well with Fates' theme and ended up creating a mess... but unlike Awakening that the game was a bit overwhelming because of the franchise's despair...

Fates is just riding that fame, taking advantage of it to appear in pretty much every game FE related since their release (but #FE, however, that game had a hell long development, so doesn't count) and ended up creating a game that doesn't have it's heart in the right place...

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 0%
She won't be in the game. If Sakurai wanted to add another character from Fates it would probably be her but since Fates happened there has been another Fire Emblem game and Sakurai has stated he feels there is too many FE characters. In short if Sakurai decides to add a new FE character it won't be her.

Want: 15%
I kinda like Azura but it's mostly because I like the game's theme song so I don't really care if she's in. Besides Echoes was better and I'd rather see a character from there.

Noms: RayX5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Azura
Chance: 6%
We got Corrin. Unlikely to get another Fates character.

Want: 70%
This may seem low considering I'm using an Azura avatar (I'm really just too lazy to change it), but there are multiple FE characters I'd want before Azura. I absolutely wish we'd gotten Azura instead of Corrin, but we didn't, and while I would overall be happy to see her, I'm not especially keen on getting a 2nd Fates character.

Nominate Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Azura

She's got a moveset that speaks for itself: aquamancy, spear, singing, and dancing.

Unfortunately, she has not only competition with other FE characters like Celica and the gang but Sakurai could feel that Corrin reps Fates just fine. And given Corrin was controversial, I am not sure how people would feel on her being the second Fates character in Smash.

Want: 80%

That being said, she would be a fun character to play as and no other character could capture her concept well. Badly written moments and lack of development aside, she's actually not that bad of character and I can find her quite more tolerable in comparison to others (Looking at you Iago). Furthermore, Fire Emblem needs more spears and I can live with her if Ephraim is too irrelevant for Smash.

Sans: 4%

He's going to have a bad time alright.

Nomination: Tsubasa Oribe x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Azura

Chance: 30%
Want: 50%

Fates may not be the main focus now, but I've seen requests for FE characters like Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, Tiki (all from games that are far older than Fates). I would like for Smash to throw a bone to the older FE games instead of focusing on just adding characters from the latest game. Fates may not be that old since it's only behind Echoes in recency, but after Smash Switch, it definitely will especially in years. We don't know jack about FE Switch other than it exists so that game doesn't count until we get something.

We got Bandana Dee as another potential spear fighter. Outside of being dismissed for being a glorified Waddle Dee, some people see Bandana Dee even with the new weapon type as nothing special. Azura has a lot in her plate: Singing and dancing, water powers, spear weapon, a deuteragonist (even if she's just a walking plot device, she's still built up as being 2nd to Corrin), inflicting groans of increasing discomfort. She's popular within the FE fandom. Scoring high on both CYLs, and on an official Fates poll.

People always bring up that Sakurai said that there's too many FE characters. I'd say so what? Sakurai has changed his mind on certain things in the past. For all we know, that "too many FE characters" comment may have only been about Smash 4. We're talking about Smash Switch, a new game. All six FE veterans could return, and two FE newcomers are added because Sakurai saw something in them.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azura

Chance: 13%

Her time had long past. Even if Fates is the latest original Fire Emblem game, Sakurai could just look at Shadows of Valencia instead and feel Corrin in good enough. Her oceans great waves were ravaged by the barefooted dragon beast. Only way she can be saved is if Sakurai feels she would be an interesting fighter.

Want: 100%

I am still salty about losing a certain bet and I am not giving up without a fight. So what if we have Mr. Corrin in Smash? Azura can offer a hell lot more in Smash with her weapon and abilities. Before someone brings Bandanna Dee up, the two can easily coexist when we have an *** load of swordsmen in Smash already. Two spear fighters isn't too bad when both are unique enough. Hell, I would love for Azura and Dee to fight together in a doubles match.

Sans: 3%

This will be good.

Nomination: Ayumi Tachibana x10

Roberk

Smash Champion
People always bring up that Sakurai said that there's too many FE characters. I'd say so what? Sakurai has changed his mind on certain things in the past. For all we know, that "too many FE characters" comment may have only been about Smash 4. We're talking about Smash Switch, a new game. All six FE veterans could return, and two FE newcomers are added because Sakurai saw something in them.

Nominations
Rowlet x5
Exactly, people put wayyy too much weight in that comment about Corrin. Of course, there were too many FE characters in Smash 4, FE just got really lucky with timing. I don't see how a comment in the context of Smash 4 will hold its full value in Smash Switch.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Azura!
I honestly feel like her time has passed, with SoV already out, and Fire Emblem Switch coming out this year. However, if Sakurai decides to look back on previous Fire Emblem characters, she does stand out, being both a lancer and a dancer/singer, and being the 2nd most important character in Fates only to Corrin herself.

Want: 95%
OMG I WOULD LOVE HER. I can have the lesbians together in Smash and she'd be so fun to play as and omg. I am definitely a shipper of Female Corrin and Azura. Plus, just being a dancer and a lancer makes her incredibly unique.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Azura

Chance: 3%

Fates is still fairly recent, and if gets another character there's a solid chance it's Azura, but I'm really not expecting it to. Her best shot would have been to be DLC last time as the game's original representation, but Corrin was the one selected, and I don't expect them to pull someone else from there. I honestly do think there's a decent chance of there being a new Fire Emblem character, but I feel it would be more likely to be someone from Echoes at this point, and honesty I'd even bet on a more popular past character like Lyn making it in first.

Want: 30%

I'm not against more Fire Emblem, and Azura could be interesting, but ultimately she's not one of my top choices. Don't really have a connection to her and feel Corrin represents Fates fine by themselves; there are other characters I'm more interested in whose games aren't yet represented on the roster, so personally I'd kind of prefer one of them. I'm not strongly opposed to her or anything though.

Sans prediction: 5.38%

Nominations: Meowth x5

Top Bottom