• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
was Gonna start at midnight but whatever.

So scores, expect them soon. I will not give out a day, but soon.

Healthscare, I am ok right now. It was some stuff with my lungs, had pneumonia in the past so they checked that out. I’ll be fine.

Abstaining on sans but low key you all are underrating him a bit.

Today I wanted to do someone special, someone who I feel we can all agree on.

Rate master hand, also today everyone gets double noms GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 since I’m behind on calcs and the sick scare and milestone. Repost your shantae predictions if you did them, if not ya have another chance.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Master... Hand...

Chances: 0%
No... Not ever. Not now. No no. Master Hand is already a boss, his size, his floating... Ability... I dunno, Master Hand just would not work as a character.

Want-5%
Crazy Hand echo imo.

Nominations- Elma 10x

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Rayman's Right Hand

Chance: His chance is a spoiler, so don't look in here.
0. He's already a boss. [If you're willing to be spoiled, click below.]
Yep, once again, he has 0% chance. Again, he's a boss.
Actually it's 100%. He's literally playable, you cannot argue this. How far his playability goes doesn't matter, fact is he's playable, the player presses buttons to make him do things, it counts in my book.

Want: 50%. I always found the idea of a playable Master Hand half ingenious and half "are you for real?" He is the staple boss of the series, and I think he deserves a shot.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x 10.

Once again, Shantae's chance varies heavily depending on whether the individual takes her spirit as a sign of disconfirmation or not. Among the people who do, I see her having 2% chance. Among those who don't, she'll have an 85% chance. Overall it should come around as 49% chance.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Master Hand
Chance:
100%
He was playable in Melee so he has to be playable in this game. If not, "Everyone is here!" would just be false advertising.
Want: 100%
He was my Melee main. It would be great to finally play as him again.

Shantae prediction: Still 5%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x10

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Master Hand

Chance: 5%. Now this seems like an absolute joke of a character that's only playable by mods. Until....

it was leaked that there's an event where you play as Master Hand. So it's not out of the question TBH.

Want: 10%. It would be cool. But not as one of the 5 DLC characters. That would be a waste IMO.

Nominate Concept: All DLC are 3rd party x10

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Mister Hand

Chance: ???
For reasons of not wanting to upset people, I'm hiding chance in this here spoiler:
100%, as it's already been confirmed from the early release that Master Hand is playable in some form. Sure, it's probably not a spot on the roster, but it's something.

Want: 30%
Meh, not too much of a draw. He'd have a rather unorthodox fighting style compared to the rest of the cast considering he's built as a boss. That said, he's probably the only Smash original character I could at least get behind.

Predicting Shantae... again
I think I said 21%? If not, I'll just go with 21%. Shantae's an interesting case.

Nom.: Professor Hector x10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Master Hand

Chance: 0 - There's a lot of issues towards getting him in like his size and status as a boss already. Probably just set to be a boss forever.

Want: 90 - I'd buy Master Hand for sure. Feels a super sold troll/wtf character, and I'd be higher on his chances if we didn't already have Piranha Plant

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Master Hand

Uhhhhhhhhhh... uhhhhhhh... UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

You actually get to play as him towards the end of WoL. There is also rumor that he can be used in stamina mode after you beat WoL but that is still unknown as of now.

That said I will abstain from the chance rating.

Want (as a playable boss): 50%
Want (as a unique fighter with grabs, tilts, etc): 0%

If Master Hand could be used in a reverse boss fight type of mode then I would be ok with that since it'd be fairly easy to implement. As a unique fighter I absolutely would not want him as there are still countless amounts of Nintendo reps who deserve to be in Smash over a Smash original.

Shantae chance prediction: 14.63%

Nominations: Kat & Ana x10

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
dis gun b gud

Master Glover:

Chance: 50% - Welp, SPOILERS:
The people who have the game early have found that there is a level in World of Light and you play as Master Hand, defeating dark versions of fighters so that Master Hand can save the real ones. He's tired of being someone's puppet/clone subject, and is finally gonna kick punch some evil [censored] and save his challengers >:]

I don't know about him being playable in Multiplayer Smash, though; a 4chan thread showed a picture from the game, and it was said that you unlock him on the CSS in Stamina Mode after collecting every Spirit, and also that he has his own mode (which, based on what was said, sounds like the new All-Star/Multi-Man Smash except you're Master Hand); however, this may be false.

All that being said in the spoiler, I'm not sure so I give him a 50%. He's either in Multiplayer Smash or he's not unless Melee's glitch returns.

Want: 100% - He may be a Smash-original character, but I don't care. I'd like him to be playable at all times, except he'd be an optional character on the CSS so that tourney hosts can hide him. I'd also like for his "evil" laugh to play every time he enters the stage like in his boss fight. He could also come with Crazy Hand as an option so that there could be team-attacks if you take enough damage.

Nominations:

Creeper x4
Porky Minch x3
Ninten x3

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Leak warning y’all.
What’s the point of rating Master Hand when’s he already playable! :4pacman:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...I feel that, based on the leaked footage, that anything anyone says is a spoiler. And that’s one I’d have preferred not to have gotten spoiled on.

So I’ll just sit this out. Personally, I do prefer him as a boss. There’s really only one boss character that needed to make the jump to playable, and he did.

Nom: more DLC x 10

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Waluigi's Master Hand
Chance: 0%
Apparently there's an event where you can play as Master Hand according to datamines and leaks, but this is not a playable fighter.

Want: Abstaining

He's a boss. Plain and simple. He's been a boss since Smash 64 and will still probably be a boss until the end of Smash. It doesn't make much sense to shrink down a boss character from Smash itself and make it playable. It's like making Galleom Duon and Tabuu playable. Unless Sakurai gets mad and starts adding Derek Bum to Smash, Master Hand will probably still remain a boss. Same applies for the above bosses. I rest my case.

Shantae: 15%

Reaper x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, nobody guessed today’s pick. Hooray! That’s a well kept secret.

200 - 151

Arle Nadja x160

150 - 101

Rhythm Girl x120

100 - 51

Concept: All DLC will be third-party x100
Boss: Kracko x85
Kat & Ana x85
Grovyle x80
Nero Claudius (Fate) x80
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x75
Concept: More DLC x75
Concept: CGI trailers for newcomers (barring Piranha Plant) x72
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x70
Mach Rider x70
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x65
Reaper (Overwatch) x65
Lora (Xenoblade) x60
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x60
Professor Hector x59

50 - 25

Impa x47
Reimu Hakurei x45
Hollow Knight x40
9-Volt x34
Papyrus x35
Concept: All DLC will be first-party x25
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x25
Thrall (Warcraft) x25

Under 25

Creeper x22
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Boss: Perfect Chaos x15
Ninten x12
Frisk x10
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei rep x10
Andy (Advance Wars) x10
Decidueye x10
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Concept: Boss Rush x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Amaterasu x5
Monokuma x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3

Arle Nadja inaugurates the over 150 nomination group.

Today’s new nominees are Amaterasu and Monokuma, 5 noms each.

As for today’s subject, I abstain.

All I’ll say is some imbecile over at the Newcomer Speculation Thread spoiled me about something I really wish I could have found out by myself. Which sucks. So use spoiler warnings lads.

Nominations: Mach Rider X10

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Master Hand:

Chance: Uhhhhhhh...

Want: An even bigger troll than Piranha Plant. Count me in, lol. 80%

Nominations: Reimu x5, Lora x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Master Hand

Chance - ??% -
I don't know how to quantify this. I think that he is in fact playable, but that could just be an elaborate hack. I'm assuming it's not for now, but it seems like he's limited compared to most fighters. I think this depends on your definition of playable.

Want - 60% - I guess getting him as a playable boss is cool. Just adding playable over a boss move set? Why not?

Nominations

Arle Nadja X10

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Master Hand
Chance: 50%: If any smash OG character were to make it in it would be him. Or Sandbag.
Want: 100%. Frick yeah I want to shoot finger missiles at peeps.
Nominations: Hollow Knight x10

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I haven't seen any of the leaks myself; trying to stay leak free for at least World of Light. Based on the common reaction, I can totally tell something is up. But, because everybody else is saying literally the same thing, then I will as well.

UMMmmmmm, uhhhhhhh....

UHHHHHHHHMMMMMM UHHHHHHHH
U H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh yeah I'm also abstaining.

Nominations: Impa x10. RIP, you almost got to 50 noms by yourself, warranting you a S L I C K 50 nom introduction written by yours truly GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 . Ah well.

b
u
t
w
a
i
t

Friendly reminder that Smash Ultimate comes out in 9 days. It's kind of a big deal, and we kind of spent the last months prepping for its release.

The real friendly reminder is that with 9 days before SSBU, take some time to play Super Smash Flash 2 if you feel like SSB4 is seemingly stale when being constantly reminded about the new content coming to SSBU. I just rediscovered it, and it still retains its charm. It kind of has been cast aside with Ultimate coming out so soon, but yeah. It's still fun. This isn't even sponsored at all. Okay back to RTC.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I haven't seen any of the leaks myself; trying to stay leak free for at least World of Light. Based on the common reaction, I can totally tell something is up. But, because everybody else is saying literally the same thing, then I will as well.

UMMmmmmm, uhhhhhhh....

UHHHHHHHHMMMMMM UHHHHHHHH
U H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh yeah I'm also abstaining.

Nominations: Impa x10. RIP, you almost got to 50 noms by yourself, warranting you a S L I C K 50 nom introduction written by yours truly GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 . Ah well.

b
u
t
w
a
i
t

Friendly reminder that Smash Ultimate comes out in 9 days. It's kind of a big deal, and we kind of spent the last months prepping for its release.

The real friendly reminder is that with 9 days before SSBU, take some time to play Super Smash Flash 2 if you feel like SSB4 is seemingly stale when being constantly reminded about the new content coming to SSBU. I just rediscovered it, and it still retains its charm. It kind of has been cast aside with Ultimate coming out so soon, but yeah. It's still fun. This isn't even sponsored at all. Okay back to RTC.
I am truly a modern Shakespeare, and my daily nomination puns are but my gift to mankind.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The last post I made was a bit too crowded, I will not lie. This is also on a completely different subject, so I'm hoping that I don't get called out for a double post (I don't think I will, the previous post was full and completely different than this).

Bandana Dee and Elma were shown off as spirits, sadly. It's a sad day for me, because I am a spirits-deconfirm-fighters believer.

To make things even worse, they are both at ACE rarity, meaning that they are on par with Party Phil from Wii Party and Sebastian Tute from Wii Music, the latter being one of Nintendo's largest flops of the decade.

Reaper... r-reaps 50 nominations. Jokes is hard.
It would be an honor.
Edit: I was saying that because Impa wouldn't get one, because she would be entering with Reimu because of the 10 noms.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Glover
Chance: Abstaining, since it seems his chance has to do with spoilers people are posting here, which I'd want to avoid.

Want: 60% as a playable boss, it would be kinda cool to play as Master Hand and other bosses who have control over the battlefield.
10% as a character, I don't know if he'd look right. The idea's neat but I'd honestly prefer to just see regular characters from games that isn't the Smash Bros series itself.

Shantae: 21.26%

CGI DLC trailers x10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...uhhh...

...well, this is awkward, isn't it?

Want: 10%
Eh, he could be cool, but if we ever get a Smash-original fighter as a tribute to the series, I honestly think I'd prefer it to be Sandbag. Yes, really. Sandbag would unironically be the coolest **** to me and I really hope Sakurai adds him as his final Sakurai pick before he steps away from this franchise for good.

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Master Hand

Due to spoiler reasons, I abstain on chance.

Want: 50%
Master Hand is one of my favorite boss character in Smash alongside Tabuu. And I would freak out if he was a playable boss character in Ultimate. Though, I prefer Crazy Hand over Master Hand anyday...

Nominations:
Nero Claudius x5
3rd Party Character from an unrepped company x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Master... Hand...

Chances: 0%
No... Not ever. Not now. No no. Master Hand is already a boss, his size, his floating... Ability... I dunno, Master Hand just would not work as a character.

Want-5%
Crazy Hand echo imo.

Nominations- Elma 10x
Elma's already on the schedule

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Before I start even though I know some of ypu guys are using spoiler tags just leave it out completley there is no point in hiding it is so obvious what is in the spoilers....

Master Hand:

Chance - 0%

An original Smash character will never be added it does not make sense and would be against what the series is. Also he will always be the main boss.

Want - 0%

Just keep him as a boss we don't need this just add someone else.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x10

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Master Hand
Chance: 5%

I really doubt they ever make him playable.

Want: 75%
However if they did I would be pretty happy, could be a lot of fun.

Noms: Ravio x10

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Master Hand

Chance: Abstain
HE'S (CLAP) ALREADY (CLAP) A (CLAP) BOSS (CLAP) WHAT (CLAP) THE (CLAP) FU (CLAP)

Want: Abstain
WOW (CLAP) THANKS (CLAP) FOR (CLAP) SPOILING (CLAP) THAT (CLAP) WORLD OF LIGHT (CLAP) MAKES (CLAP) THIS (CLAP) A (CLAP) NON-ZERO (CLAP) CHANCE (CLAP) YOU (CLAP) BI (CLAP)

Prediction:
Shantae: 24%

Nominations:
Andy x5

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Chance: 0%

Is he going to be on the player select screen? No, never. He's a boss character, and he always will be.

Want: 5%
It'd be cool I guess, but way too much weirdness. He'd have infinite flight and he'd be overpowered necessarily? It'd be wack.

Noms: Rhythm Girl x10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Master Hand

Chance: 0 - There's a lot of issues towards getting him in like his size and status as a boss already. Probably just set to be a boss forever.

Want: 90 - I'd buy Master Hand for sure. Feels a super sold troll/wtf character, and I'd be higher on his chances if we didn't already have Piranha Plant
Forgot nominations, so here they are
Noms:
Gen 8 Pokemon x10

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Master Hand

Who doesn't want to play as a giant hand? Hell MvC3 had a Galactus Mode. Master Hand wouldn't be ridiculous in size like Galactus is. But with the way Master Hand has usually been handled, he'd probably only work in Stamina mode. Who cares if Master Hand can't be played in competitive. Sometimes, you need a little chaos sprinkled in to bring out the fun in Smash. I'd extend my hand to the Master himself and welcome him to Smash with open arms. Bring in Fighter #0!

Boss Rush x10

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Master Hand:
Beware for there are MASSIVE spoilers ahead!
Chance: 100%
yep, that's right. Master Hand is 100% playable in Smash Ultimate, just not in the way most characters are, He's got a special event in WoL where you can control him in all his glory. Jury's still out whether or not you can play as him aside from that (I've heard that you can unlock him in stamina mode but idk if that's true), but it's still a pretty cool mode from what I've seen.
He's the true OG smash bros character and has been there since the very beginning. While he could never be truly tourney legal like other characters, the mode we're getting for him is a good compromise, even moreso if he's unlockable for stamina mode.
Noms: All DLC are 3rd parties x10

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Stop with the damn spoilers please even if they are hidden it is so ****ing obvious what you are alluding to just don't mention 'it' at all please!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Master Hand
Chance: Abstain
Honestly after the playground rumors of unlocking Master Hand in Smash Bros. 64, it's a dream come true. Finally being able to control him is amazing, it's like we're treading forbidden territory that was never meant to be real. And the way it's implemented in WoL, where you just smack the everloving **** out of a bunch of spawning opponents, it's genius! It's exactly how it should be. It's one of the best things Ultimate has introduced in the entire history of the franchise, no exaggeration.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x10

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Concept: Boss Mode:

I'm gonna abstain today, cuz possible spoilers, but I will say this: I don't know everything, but I'm gonna say that the only way I could see Master Hand playable is if there's a Boss Mode where it's something like 1 Boss Player vs actual fighters controlled by other players. Otherwise, it's not gonna happen. He's a boss. (Plz no spoilers replies)

Nominations: No Fan Favorites x10.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
For the record, this day was decided on a while before any leaks.

The logic on my part was that I wanted something that was deconfirmed but could possibly happen. I mean, we knew he was a boss, we always knew.

We already did assists and said they were dead. I knew that if we did an assist, it would look bad for us to go back on. More importantly, the community here felt like it would be a waste. I originally had popular assists on the docket for the fixed schedule, but I decided against it.

A complete joke would be in poor taste too. I felt like that would look so dumb to do for a day like 200. I considered Shrek Goku or Spongebob, but given that they are such jokes and 0/0 it would be a waste.

But then we had Master Hand. A character more tied to smash than most of the roster is. A character who has stayed in smash for each game. The boss character. Someone who we could all think about with smash.

I felt more than anyone, master hand was the perfect milestone day. Something lighter and fun but not impossible.

I’m not spoiling myself, abstain Chance

Want is 100%. Look at my rant. I feel he is part of smash more than almost anyone else. There is a reason he has stuck around.

Nominating Sephiroth x 10 thrall can wait

Today we will have Shantae, tomorrow Crash. You know what to do.

Top Bottom