• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Ghost of Sparta (not to be confused with the Son of Sparda)

Chance: 0%
I don't wear hats, but I'll steal one and eat it if we get a Sony character in Smash. Sony does not play ball. Hypothetically, if they did, it's between him and Nathan Drake. While Nate somewhat suffers from being a shooty guy (though PSASBR made him way interesting in ways that only he could be), Kratos might be too violent and dark so I think it evens out.

Want: 90%
Kratos is a fantastic character, and the tools at his disposal would make him play like no other. Both the Chains and the Axe (depending on which Kratos they go with) could hold a moveset on their own, but he also has many tools and alternative weapons at his disposal and he's a treasure trove of moveset ideas.

Really, I just hope that that rumor that Capcom's making a sequel to PSASBR is true because we deserve it.

Noms: Prince of Persia x5
Micaiah prediction: yikes... 0.7%

I probably won't be able to do calcs tomorrow because of upcoming exams, plus I'll be catching Zombieland 2 that night, but I'll try and find the time.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Kratos:
CHsnce:15%: He has the best chance of any Sony rep. But he is a Sony character.
Want:95%: I would like him was a combo-based character. But Ratchet and Sly are preferable.
Nominations: Blaze x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Kratos:

Chance: 5%

Kratos is probably the most iconic character from Sony to fully belong to them, the franchise is quite popular and has a ton of good numbers in sales, and even some games are critically acclaimed like the last one. Kratos' problem is, like with the Last of Us Protag, he's exactly that: A Sony Character, a character of the competition, and pretty far from what can be considered Nintendo because of his series... gruesome imaginery, a bit like Mortal Kombat in that regard.

Want: 50%

I don't have a ton of experience with the franchise, but I wouldn't be mad if the character appeared in Smash somehow.

Predictions:

Well, tomorrow is the day

Micaiah: 1.4%

I'm not planning to get high scores, I just want a opportunity to share my opinions again. I'm almost done fixing the text.

Nominations:

Arle Nadja x5

(I still have the x10 nominations, but I don't know in what use them).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x150
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x147
Blaze the Cat x140
Ninten x120
9-Volt x120
Rundas x115
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x115
Concept: Valve rep x115

150 - 101

Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
Prince of Persia x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Boss: Kracko x95
Concept: League of Legends rep x90
Concept: Any grass-type starter x86
Frogger x85
Glover x85
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x80
Proto Man x75
Sol Badguy x70
Riesz (Mana) x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Steve x60
Papyrus x56
Thrall (Warcraft) x55
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x55
Ryo Hazuki x55
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Sora x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
[Rerate] Geno x45
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x35
[Rerate] Quote x32
Akira Howard x30
[Rerate] Dante x27

Under 25

Earthworm Jim x24
Francis York Morgan x20
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x15
Sackboy x15
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
King Boo x10
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Rival Pokémon Trainer x5

Dragalia Lost rep beats Farmer and takes that coveted number one spot. Arle Nadja and Valve rep are still tied, but they dragged Rundas into their fight for the seventh place, and as things are looking Rundas will miss the top seven yet again.

Prince of Persia parkours past the 100 nom mark.

Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass, Ryo Hazuki, and Ryu Hayabusa sneak past the 50 nom mark.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
GOOOOODDDS
Sure he's arguably the likeliest Sony characters but what does that matter? I don't see Nintendo and Sony collaborating ever for atleast this game's lifespan. You can say the console wars aren't actually a thing but that also doesn't mean Sony and Nintendo are buddy buddy. What's in it for Sony when Smash Bros Ultimate is exclusive to a rival console and vice versa for Nintendo? I really don't think one charcter inclusion is enough to convince the majority of Playstation and Switch fans to purchase the other systems. Nintendo might as well go for Chief instead since Halo is a much bigger franchise and Microsoft is so much easier to work with in comparison.

Personally, I actively believe we'll be seeing non-videgame characters playable way before Sony is ever getting involved with Smash.

Want: 0%
Sorry but I don't think Sony first-parties like him belong in Smash. Kratos should just stick to Playstation All Stars imo.

Micaiah: 0.42%
First party characters after the fighters pass x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Palutena's worst nightmare

Chance: 0.5%
Of all the possible Sony characters I think Kratos is the most likely... but that's not saying much. I don't see Sony working with Nintendo for Smash, especially since they are major console rivals (more so than Microsoft) and they even have their own version of Smash. Not to mention there is a small chance he'd have to compete with Nathan Drake.

Want: Abstain
Never played GoW so I won't comment. Could be cool but Nathan Drake is still my most wanted Sony character.

Micaiah chance prediction: 0.95%

Nominations:

Quote x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Kratos

Chance: 10%. Competition and being owned by Sony are the two big drawbacks. However, popularity is a given and we have been surprised before. However, if there is another PlayStation All Stars Game, Kratos is a guaranteed fighter.

Want: 55%. Would be fun to play as, and would be a deadly opponent for most. I can already see him fighting Ridley for instance. And all we need to complete the representation is a boss (to bring in more challenges to the mix). Overall, lots of potential.

Predictions: Micaiah: 5%

Noms: 2 for Rival Pokémon Trainer and 3 for Concept: Another Xenoblade Character

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The God of War

Chance: 10%
Out of all the Sony characters, Kratos stands as the most likely one. Sony has a problem where they don't have an obvious mascot since they keep shuffling franchises and shelving some of them. Kratos debuted in the PS2, and the fact that he's still around getting games in the PS4 era and even beyond it for the PS5 era stands as a testament to God of War's legacy. Even Nathan Drake likely won't get a new game again since Naughty Dog aren't interested in him anymore. For the question "Which Sony character could be chosen for Smash Bros?" My answer is without a doubt Kratos, if only because he keeps getting games in every generation and is confirmed to get another game for the next generation. Other Sony IPs aren't as lucky as him, and it's because of this Kratos stands at the top of the pack.

Now moving on to a different question, "Will Sony get a character in Smash Bros?". If I'm being truthful I heavily doubt the prospect of Sony cooperating with Nintendo on Super Smash Bros. But is it impossible? After Microsoft's involvement on Smash I'm gonna say no. It's not like Sony is completely against the idea of cooperating with other competitors. Are they stingy and obstinate? Yes, but they have still cooperated when it comes to cross-play, albeit it was on a limited number of games and after heavy backlash towards them.

It's not like there is a confirmed PSABR sequel in the works, and considering how badly the original game bombed I doubt there is a sequel planned. Sony has been moving on a different path from other companies and are focusing on cinematic story driven games, so perhaps they don't even view Nintendo on the same competitive field as they do with Microsoft.

Want: 95%
I love God of War, I love Kratos as a character, and I would absolutely love to see Sony on the copyright trademark list of Super Smash Bros. Kratos has a ton of tools and moves he uses in his games that would fit right well with Smash which would make him a versatile and combo heavy character that is fun to play. I was one of the many people who were skeptical on the new God of War for the PS4, but after playing the game it invigorated a long lost love I had for the franchise. Dare I say it might have even refined my love for the series and made me proud to be a fan of the series. Kratos is my most wanted Sony character for Smash, he probably won't happen, but oh man will I have the widest grin on my face if he does.

Prediction: Micaiah 0.67%
Nomination: Steve x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The man, the myth, the legend, Kratos will have his revenge....

Chance: 1.5%

Like many have pointed out, he is a Sony character. He's the most likely Sony rep because of the insane amount of moveset potential compared to Nathan Drake, but still not likely at all. God of War is a juggernaut and the latest entry is one of the most best selling and most acclaimed on the PS4. However, Sony has not been happy to play with competition and only somewhat recently did they start allowing more cross-play. Not to mention, Kratos has never been on a Nintendo console and that alone is a big hurdle.

With that said, I feel like a Sony rep would be the biggest shocker pick left. The idea of someone like Kratos being in Smash is so insane that it might just happen. Because that's Smash for you, breaking boundaries and including characters like Banjo and Joker that had so much going against them.

Want: 100%

I LOVE God of War. Kratos has so much moveset potential. It's really insane. He has Blades of Chaos, his magical axe and shield, and a bunch of side weapons like the nemean cestus, a hammer, bow, claws of hades, plus a bunch of magical abilities like Atlas Quake which summons boulders. He has acquired God's abilities like Herme's ability to run fast speeds, etc. If they wanted, they could make his down special change the element of his blades of Chaos like in GoW Ascension. Not to mention, the MUSIC. God of War has some kick ass tunes and that gets you pumped for battle. He has plenty of stage potential, from God of War 1 with the beginning chapter where you are fighting undead warriors on ships as well as a freakin hydra, to God of War 3 when Kratos is on Geia. You would have the numerous bosses like Poseidon come to you and attack you while a bunch of stuff goes on in the background, like the other gods fighting off the titans.

Badass music. Badass moveset potential, badass stage potential, and a plethora of spirit choices, what's not to love? I've played and beaten every God of War game and it would be mind blowing to see Kratos fight icons like Mario, Banjo, Simon, and Snake.

Noms: Geno x5

Predictions: Micaiah - 2.34%

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Kartos, the God of Ore
If Sony got a character in Smash, Kratos is the undisputed frontrunner imo, with Nathan Drake and Kat fighting for a distant second place. I don't think he's that popular in Japan, but even so, he's reached a level of legacy and status where he's basically the closest thing Sony currently has to a mascot in current times.

That said... getting Sony to play ball is easier said than done, so his chances aren't that high to begin with.

Want: 50%
No attachment to GoW or Kratos, but I have no doubt in my mind that he would be a very big deal if he got into Smash. I can give him a 50% solely because one of my closest friends would completely lose his minds if Kratos made it in.

Predictions
Micaiah: 1.24%

Nominations
League of Legends rep x 4
[Rerate] Sora x 1

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Kratos

Chance 1 - If there is a Sony rep I think it will probably be Kratos. The problem is that we're talking about Sony, who as we've said before will likely never give any characters to Nintendo for anything, even Smash. Unfortunate but it is what it is. All I can do is hope I suppose

Want 100 - If it wasn't for him being Sony owned I think he'd either already be in or be in the fighters pass. Kratos is Iconic and his series is one of the most successful ones going right now. Every other metric makes including him make sense other than the fact Sony owns him.

Predict Micaiah - .45. My score went down after 3 Houses succeed as big as it did and I have a new most wanted from the series(Edelgard)

Noms:
League of Legends x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Kratos

As many have pointed out, Kratos is a Sony character. Unlike Microsoft, they would rather do their own thing then work with one their rivals. They're more likely to make PSASBR 2 then allow Nintendo to use one of their characters in Smash.
Honestly, I don't care for Sony. With a few exceptions, they haven't made any games that particulatly strike my interest. Kratos in particular only recently became more than just "Violence: The Character", and even then, he STILL doesn't interest me.

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Kratos

Chance: 1%
Kratos has a lot better chances than most the Sony reps. God of War's popularity means he doesn't fall into the trap of 1 slot but more people want x character too easily. Research show me he has a ton of moveset potential too that could make you feel like an actual god. He has Chronokinesis, Electrokinesis, and Pyro/Cyrokinesis. He can turn you into stone with Medusa's head, create black holes, fly, and more. His big down fall is that he's a Sony rep. And if his chances weren't hurt already, everyone from Sony has to compete with Crash. It feels like a prerequisite for Crash to get in first (atleast it does for me) so I am pretty sure it's not happen.

Want: 80%
Never played God of War, but Kratos sounds really cool. So cool that I think I'm missing out, I might have to go play one of the God of War games.

Prediction: Micaiah 1.4%

Noms: League of Legends x5

SKX31

Smash Master
This, Is - Nah, I destroyed Sparta by proxy. But, we have to move from our past (Kratos):

Chance: 10 %

I'mma differ from at least some here. (Warning, major speculation! Bring me some Ancient Greek wine and olives, it's time!) Sony's not unreachable. Sure, they're still rivals with Nintendo - but no longer direct competitors (that ended when the PS Vita got shelved and when the Wii U got canned on respective fronts). Sony no longer has a handheld, and while the Switch is a HD machine it ain't a 4K powerhouse which Sony's shifting towards.

Also, PSASBR is sadly dead and buried - something which the Coke Zero sponsored All Stars Island just cemented. Any fighting game reboot Sony might attempt only got more difficult post PSASBR. What with :4cloud:, :ultjoker:* - even :ultrichter: and :ulthero: appearing on Nintendo's fighter first (DQ8 is the best selling PS2 title in Japan, and DQ11 performed pretty well on the PS4 AFAIK). Really, it makes PSASBR look worse in hindsight when the development team had no real chance about it.

Again, the chances Sony will play ball is pretty slim, I'll give that. But Ultimate feels like one of the absolute best chances for a Sony character if only because the industry has subtly shifted, the people hating Ninty the most have left Sony / retired, and Sony has been forced to swallow some pride already.

Kratos himself is practically Sony's mascot now, and a bonafide icon of not just the hack-and-slash genre - but of the PlayStation. All-Stars is not the only fighter that has featured him - MK9 is another example. With that comes another issue for Sony: one can't get much bigger than Mortal Kombat. The biggest means partnering with a rival. But it's difficult to top Kratos' appearance in MK9, and Sony will want to contine using its main star in crossovers.

Smash might be the only fighting game that would undoubtedly top MK9. I really can't think of many others. No, it doesn't prevent Sony from going a safer route: MK9 released 8 years ago, and there's precedence for putting him in lets say SC6. SC6 doesn't look likely though, since neither SC5 nor 6 use console exclusive characters. Smash, and, um... what else would undoubtedtly top MK9?

This leaves Sony in a difficult bind. One possible key could be if Master Chief winds up joining. In that scenario both Sony's rivals are hard commiting and Sony are looking on the outside. It becomes either "Watch as your two rivals get loads of attention and money while you gain nothing" or "Swallow some pride and join - sure the two rivals still gain, but you gain some too".

There's one additional issue: even one GoW game being ported to a Nintendo console. The answer might depend on Chief joining or not. Chief joining could possibly give a blueprint of "one older game or so ported to the Switch as a veiled marketing hint to play the 4K games on the rival's console." Again, Sony operates much differently than Microsoft, I'll give that. And yes, they're less likely than Microsoft to play ball. But Sony lacks a handheld crucially - and smartphones (such as Sony's Xperia line) are not exactly suited for mainline GoW games unless one uses a controller. Even then, the Switch is the least clunky handheld option because it was specifically designed for it.

Want: 95 %

Ooooh, yes. Kratos is a near pipedream pick on my end. I might have a soft spot for over-the-top violence, but there was enough variety gameplay wise (aside from QTEs being a bit too frequent) to hook. Yes, the first three games do have that problem. You know, Kratos' lust for revenge practically being a "Off / ON" switch. But the PS4 game did a lot of favors to his character overall - not ignoring from the first three games, learning from them narratively.

Also, I'd pay megadollars just to see Mario, Kratos and Chief on the same screen. Just because that would encapsulate Sakurai's "screw console wars!" mentality.

Noms: Concept: Valve rep x5
Prediction: Micaiah 0.9%

*(Sidenote: No, I know Joker didn't exist around PSASBR's release. However, P3 and P4 were both pretty solid titles, and Persona has a long history with PlayStation overall. Would've made sense with a Persona character in All-Stars or All-Stars 2.)

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Kratos, God of War

Chance: 1% - Kratos is one of Sony's most recognizable characters, and if Sony were to get a representative in Smash he'd be one of the frontrunning contenders. He's basically Sony's mascot at this point. And with PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale a thing of the past, Sony may decide that it's time to commit to Smash, now that Microsoft has developed a good relationship with Nintendo. However, they are still Sony, and are known for their reluctance to cooperation these days, so that's the biggest hit to Kratos' chances. Pair that up with a lack of God of War games on Nintendo systems and you've got a character that despite their fame has little chance of being in the game. Still, always gotta leave options open, Sakurai could surprise us.

Want: Abstain - I don't know enough about the God of War franchise to give a good opinion.

Nominations:
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5

Predictions:
Miciah - 0.92%

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Atreus's dad shares his name with a certain other War God.

Chance: 0%. Like, if I could I'd go for -90%, I'm very sure Kratos is not happening. Sony is actually a super big stick-in-the-mud and I've said it before: they are the only company with the financial stability and spite towards Nintendo to actually reject a Smash character if asked. Unlike usual, this isn't Sakurai who wouldn't consider it; it's the people who own the character he'd be after. Beyond that, his credentials would get him a really high score from me since he stands out as Sony's top pick, but that isn't very helpful.

Want: 60%. It's not a me pick; it's opening the doors to something I consider basically impossible, which would allow me Sly, PaRappa and Ratchet. But more importantly this guy is the king of beat em ups in the modern age, even if Dante is the father of them. So I think Kratos has more than earned the spot. Just, I don't count on it.

Arle x 5. Micaiah isn't a DLC pick, so 2.10%.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Kratos Aurion......... wait wrong one.

Chance: 0.01%

He's a Sony character which is pretty much a nail here. Another one is that his series suffers the same problem as Mortal Kombat, the blood and gore is what defines the series which would not fly in Smash. And of course the unpopularity of the series in Japan.

Want: 20%

Not really a fan of the series. I like his design and that's really it.

Micaiah Prediction: 0.11%

Nominate Sol Badguy x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's rating time, boy!

Chance:: 1%

God of War has proven itself to be 1 of Sony's biggest IPs, and Kratos himself has appeared in fighting games before like MK9 and Soulcalibur Broken Legacy. Unlike Ellie, he's even got a great amount of source material from the games that'd work with the style of Smash, so it's easy to see why he'd be the frontrunner for a potential Sony rep. However, like what most of us are thinking right now, it's Sony that would prevent Kratos from appearing in console exclusive games that isn't their own. While Microsoft has been trying to appear friendly towards Nintendo with BK in Smash and Ori being released on the Switch to eventually buy out Nintendo and monopolize the gaming industry like usual, Sony haven't shown that they're willing to play ball with other consoles. The only thing that did make it appear as though they were going to be more friendly with said consoles was when cross play was coming to the PS4, but that doesn't mean too much because they probably wouldn't have started doing Cross Play if it weren't for huge multiplayer games like Fortnite, which I believe was the game that pressured Sony into it after the incident where Switch users were locked out of their accounts because of Playstation or something.

Want: 10%

While I've not played or seen the original God of War games, I did watch a bunch of cutscenes of the latest game, and I enjoyed it. I also find it fascinating how God of War went from a character action game to a 3rd person over the shoulder narrative action game, and seeing the newer game get a lot of praise for the change of direction is crazy to think about since the last God of War installment was released 5 years before the newest installment was released. However, Kratos in Smash doesn't appeal to me. He's like the spartan from a different home console where their inclusion would be huge because they've always been associated with their home consoles since their publishers are the creators of said consoles, but that just doesn't interest me. I will say though that he could have a moveset I like, but that's basically it.

--------------
Predictions:
Micaiah - 0.44%

--------------
Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kratos
Double 0
He's owned by Sony, and unlike Banjo, he has no history with Nintendo. And unlike Microsoft, Sony doesn't like to play around with others. I'd rather stick with Nintendo anyway.

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

Prediction 2.1%

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Kratos
Chance 5%:Considering that sony refuse to play ball with Nintendo(even though Sony has done crossplay with pc) I don't see Kratos that likely however in terms of Sony characters Kratos is the most likely.
Want 70%:I would like to see Kratos battle in the smash bros universe with his iconic moves and I did enjoyed him in psasbr so I would welcome Kratos.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The Dad of Boy

Chance- 1%
Want- 70%

Probably the most consistent mascot Sony has. So if there is any character from them coming to Smash it's going to be him. Unlike Microsoft though, Sony is way less cooperative. Sad cause he could be fun with his Blades of Chaos.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kratos

Chance - 0% - No history with Nintendo. A company infamous for being hard to play ball with. Yeah, that's a zero in my book.

Want - 20% - I'd rather not. I don't care about him, and there are third parties that are more interesting in my eyes.

Nominations

Farmer X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's late, but I figured I'd do calcs before bed. (Btw, if you liked the first one, then Double Tap will be right up your alley)

Kyo Kusanagi
3.36% Chance, 39.72% Want
Winner of predictions was Artix Artix with 3.64%. Hey, even if you don't get Kyo, at least you get extra noms.

Amaterasu
18.36% Chance, 61.77% Want
Winner of predictions was Jomosensual Jomosensual with 18.93%

Zhao Yun
9.80% Chance, 31.43% Want
Winner of predictions was Troykv Troykv with 9.60%
As is usual with very lopsided characters, I'll point out that without the scores from the person who nominated them, Zhao would be at 3.11% Chance and 20.00% Want. I also feel like pointing out, since people were wondering, that this was the day with the least chance ratings (10) since Palico, and the least want ratings (7) in the whole DLC season, and ever during my tenure as the calcs guy.

Ladies and gentlemen, your nominations

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 47
Delzethin Delzethin 5
Jomosensual Jomosensual 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Ultomato Ultomato 5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Dad of Boy, Dog of Wah

Like others have said, he's way too heavily tied to Sony, who I doubt are too willing to lend their properties for crossovers. And considering he was already in PSABR, I really doubt that he has much of a chance.

Ehhh, nah. What I've seen from his game just really doesn't interest me.

Predicting Micaiah to be around 0.23%.

Nominating: Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5. And speaking of which. . .

Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x150
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x147
Blaze the Cat x140
Ninten x120
9-Volt x120
Rundas x115
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x115
Concept: Valve rep x115

150 - 101

Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
Prince of Persia x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Boss: Kracko x95
Concept: League of Legends rep x90
Concept: Any grass-type starter x86
Frogger x85
Glover x85
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x80
Proto Man x75
Sol Badguy x70
Riesz (Mana) x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Steve x60
Papyrus x56
Thrall (Warcraft) x55
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x55
Ryo Hazuki x55
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Sora x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
[Rerate] Geno x45
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x35
[Rerate] Quote x32
Akira Howard x30
[Rerate] Dante x27

Under 25

Earthworm Jim x24
Francis York Morgan x20
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x15
Sackboy x15
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
King Boo x10
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Rival Pokémon Trainer x5

Dragalia Lost rep beats Farmer and takes that coveted number one spot. Arle Nadja and Valve rep are still tied, but they dragged Rundas into their fight for the seventh place, and as things are looking Rundas will miss the top seven yet again.

Prince of Persia parkours past the 100 nom mark.

Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass, Ryo Hazuki, and Ryu Hayabusa sneak past the 50 nom mark.
Sorry to be this way about that again, but shouldn't the "Any new Xenoblade character" concept already be at 15? I'm pretty sure I already nominated it thrice.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dad of Boy, Dog of Wah

Like others have said, he's way too heavily tied to Sony, who I doubt are too willing to lend their properties for crossovers. And considering he was already in PSABR, I really doubt that he has much of a chance.

Ehhh, nah. What I've seen from his game just really doesn't interest me.

Predicting Micaiah to be around 0.23%.

Nominating: Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5. And speaking of which. . .

Sorry to be this way about that again, but shouldn't the "Any new Xenoblade character" concept already be at 15? I'm pretty sure I already nominated it thrice.
Huh, I should have already fixed that... I'll check it out tomorrow.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Kratos

Out of all the Sony reps in Smash, Kratos is the most likely candidate. However, being owned by Sony is not really a good thing, especially if you want to appear in a Nintendo crossover game like Smash. Unlike Microsoft, Sony is a hard nut to crack and will most likely won't cooperate with Nintendo at all so this really hurts Kratos and any Sony characters in general their chances to get in Smash.

Want: 25%
I have played a little bit of God of War in my Playstation 2 back in my day and it was very fun. As for Smash, he's the most likely Sony candidate for me because he's very iconic among Sony's library of characters. However, there are other 3rd party characters I want in first before him and even then, with Sony being uncooperative, I don't think it's going to be a possibility.

Predictions:
Micaiah - 1.05%

Nomination:
Ryo Hazuki x5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kratos:
I don’t often give this, especially not for video game characters, but the odds of this happening are the same as the odds of Batman being in an Avengers Movie. Kratos is the face of their biggest rival and competitor.

Meh, never was too into his games to begin with. There are 100s of characters I’d rather have before him.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Kratos... where do I even begin..
Chance 20%
as much as I hate to say it, If any Sony rep where to get in, it would probably be kratos over Sackboy , he’s incredibly popular, especially now with the new god of war game, the biggest one in the franchise. But I feel this might also be a weakness for Kratos, we all know how Sony is very stingy, so what if they chose specifically not to choose Kratos because of how popular he is? There’s no evidence supporting this theory but just a thought.

Want 5%
he would have insane potential but I REALLY want Sackboy man
Sackboy x 5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Kratos:

He's definitely got the benefit of being one of Sony's most marketable and iconic characters and plenty of moveset potential, either with the Chains or Axe or various other weapons he's used in past games. Problem is, unless Sakurai directly goes to Sony themselves about getting Kratos, there's no hope for him at all. Not to mention the fact that Sony would never want to allow one of their flagship franchises on any other platform outside of their own.

Want: If it's Pre-2018 GoW Kratos, then absolute 0. I have no sympathy or desire to connect with that abomination.

If it's 2018 Kratos, then I'd say he'd be about 25%. He'd be a cool addition, but there's so many more characters I'd prefer to see in Smash long before we get to Dadtos.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Micaiah from Fire Emblem.

Predict Captain Rainbow from, well, Captain Rainbow.

----------

Some songs to get into the Micaiah mood:

Ratings will be later.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, it’s that day again. This is actually based on an older post I made, and while most aspects remain the same, it was made too long ago to be referenced, so I’ll present a remastered version.

Let’s begin!

Introduction

Sin título-3.png

Before starting, there is a question probably many of you asked yourselves. Who is Micaiah?

Micaiah is the main character from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, one of the several main games in the series originally released for the Wii in February 2007, or November in States. Micaiah is a Silver-Haired Mage and one of the members of the Dawn Brigade, a small band created with the objective of fighting for the citizen of their country, Daein, currently taken for the Begnion and their Occupation Army.

Micaiah is a kind-hearted person with a extreme passion for Daein and her people after living there for a unknown time and believing in them despite all the bad things that happened after Ashnard (the Daein’s king before the occupation) left Nevassa. Despite her apparently quiet look she is actually incredible persistent, with unbreakable spirit; she tries to take action for the sake of others if even it can potentially get her in trouble. She is a relatively introvert individual, enjoying her free time alone, but she wouldn’t ever replaces the people she loves.

Micaiah plays a key role in the team thanks to her ability to see the future, isn’t perfect, but it can help them to retreat and avoid being captured by the Empire, but more prominently, is her unique healing ability of unknown origin, “Sacrifice”, which is able of essentially making miracles through his heal touch at expense of her own life force. This kind of description makes her sound a bit like a Jeanne D’Arc, and in many way she is.

Fun fact: While isn’t exactly confirmed if she is actually a vegetarian, she has preference for fruit.

Before continuing, I’ll talk about the term “Lord” in the franchise. “Lord” while is usually used in the franchise also for the actual people with the title of Lord, in Fire Emblem discussions the term is actually used to talk about the main characters, the group of characters that can’t die in the adventure, otherwise the game will end in game over. The reason of this is because the Lord class has a long running tradition of being the class the main characters use; for example, Marth himself, Seliph, Sigurd, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, etc.; because of this even if the class isn’t actually known as “Lord” is essentially considered one if has the same special properties (must always be used, if the character dies the games end, the main character of the game).

The Chances.

Micaiah is in Heroes by Yukia.jpg

Micaiah is a character in a rough position right now, the competition has become larger and more troublesome, not only including Alm and Celica, but also a new bunch of new characters (Byleth, Edelgard and co) that are now in the perfect time for being picked as playable characters, with all of them having their unique perks to be considered. However despite these problems Micaiah still has some appeal on her side that isn’t easily replicable.

There's aspects of the Fire Emblem franchise that haven't been represented, or even truly replicated in Smash as of yet, and she's very much fit for that role.

This opens up possibilities to many interesting niches and gimmicks.

1- Micaiah is a user of Light Magic

"But Robin already wields magic tomes"

First off, Robin is more akin to a Magic Knight or Red Mage, if you will. While magic is an important part of their gameplay, they function like a sword user most of the time, and as such, their moveset is split between magic and swordplay, limiting their depth with either, while Micaiah is purely a magic user. Secondly, Robin wields Anima (Fire/Thunder/Wind) and Dark magic tomes, which in the context of Fire Emblem, are different from Light magic, allowing for a variety of different functions or effects, ranging from the highly powerful but make you vulnerable (Aura), Long-Range Magic (Purge), the ones that have quirky effects like debuffing in someway (Valaura) and of course there are the ol'reliable ones that doesn't have particular disadvantages or advantages like Shine.

The lack of a sword also makes Micaiah more reliant in the all kinds of animations for magic attacks in the series, which include aura attacks, light balls, light serpents, little fairies, light pillars, and explosions of light, among other stuff that is possible to do with the power of a type of magic so simple but also so flexible.

But Magic isn't limited just to flashy movements, after all that is something that Zelda and Palutena already does in their moveset, specially in their magic based attacks (with different animations of course). Micaiah also has in her side other way of using her power.

2.- Micaiah is a user of the Utility-Based Magical Staves.
The staves are one of the most useful tools you can find in a Fire Emblem game because of their special utilities as support tools, being pretty much the White Magic of Fire Emblem, utility of all kind (thought the way the Staff Magic is known in the series sometimes is different like with Gaiden’s white magic and Three Houses’ faith magic).

There are some very straightforward staves like the ones that heals HP or Status Ailments. But there are also some that offer many possibilities; Warping and Rescuing Units can be used to move units at positions that would otherwise being impossible, making them key to create powerful strategies to beat even the hardest maps (for people that known about Reinhardt, his map in Thracia 776 it’s quite harsh if you’re unable to Teleport your units and take the castle quickly).

Micaiah is the only lord that is actually associated (but not as much as the Light Magic) with Staves and supporting magic in general; and they're one of the key elements in the franchise (the Staves and their strategies are as old as the first Fire Emblem) that would be represented in some way.

Palutena technically uses a Staff, but it's only really just a weapon for some of her attacks and doesn't represent anything in particular other that her goddess theme.

3.- Micaiah's signature abilities.
Alongside the more well known use of Magic and Staves that appear across the series; Micaiah has her own abilities beyond these. Micaiah has Corona (also known as: Dawn Light), that is the name of the Micaiah's Proc Skill that does additional damage (more specifically, ignores the enemy's Magic Resistance) and can blind the enemies affected; in her game she isn't the only character that uses this skill, but unless you're very unlucky (getting Corona'd by Sephiran), it's unlikely you ended up seeing someone else using the ability.

When casting Corona, Micaiah creates a light sphere above her, and then it connects into the next character, it would be perfectly used as the start of a Final Smash with a powerful white magic explosion or something like that.

Micaiah also has another ability, and this one is completely unique to her (even in Fire Emblem): the previously mentioned “Sacrifice” (also known as: Healing Hands), this is a tricky skill, it's effect (as their names would indicate), is a healing skill that gives HP to other units, quite interesting, not exactly the easiest skill to represent in Smash; but would at least work for some kind of Cool Easter Egg.

Also, Micaiah has her own personal magic tome: Thani, which would be an important element of how Micaiah would work in Smash Bros; Thani is a weapon known to be effective against Cavalry and Armor Units, a property shared with the Rapier (Marth’s and Roy’s Base Weapon) that it’s basically the reason why Marth has Shieldbreaker capabilities. (Thani’s anti Cavalry/Armor property is conserved even in most recent depictions of Micaiah like the ones in Fire Emblem Heroes, in fact, she is at this point associated with the very idea of being effective against these classes because all her FEH Units so far share this property despite only one of them actually using Thani)

There is a moveset I did for Source Gaming a few years ago exploring many of the previously explained ideas and even more: http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/22/ds-micaiah/ (I hope you found them interesting)

After explaining the gameplay stuff, the things that would interest Sakurai for a new character, it's time to explore other points; the things that helps or damages her chances.

Let's start with the negatives.

ea5fd7e1b5af3bea3e59eda5960ee371.png

Micaiah hasn't have a new appearance in a Main Game (unless you want to count Fire Emblem Heroes) since Awakening, and that was essentially a cameo; Micaiah most notable appearances in the last years were her original release in Fire Emblem Heroes (January 2018), and her release as a Brave Unit (a unit that was voted by the fans into existence) in August 2019. So far she had only been a main character in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, 12 years ago (February 2007)

She is evidently behind many people for a spot in the next Smash Bros; specially now that her competition had become more troublesome with people like Edelgard and Byleth being in the perfect time to appear as Smash Characters, and of course there are still a lot of other options to consider in between First Parties and Third Parties

These are quite heavy problems without a doubt, but Micaiah still has some small things in her side.

Now the positives.

Micaiah by kokouno oyazi.jpg

Something important for a character selection, it's to stand out in the roster; Micaiah has a similar anime aesthetic to the rest of the Fire Emblem Character, so isn't hard to see in which franchise she belongs, however, the rest of her design makes her feel completely different from the usual Fire Emblem protagonists. This is particularly relevant because having a distinctive silhouette is important in Smash Bros’ character design.

Also, related with her design, being a original female character kind of helps her to stand out; it’s not exactly the biggest of the advantages; but hey, it’s something..

Micaiah surprisingly got some support during the ballot time, as it was show for the Source Gaming Posts about it... Nothing super special, but the support actually exists, while small appears to time to time.

And the last thing to consider; it’s probably a stretch; but Micaiah benefits a bit of the surprise factor because she is a character that lives her support partially thanks to the moveset ideas it can offer compared with her main competition.

And so, I decided to give her a 5% Chance rate... she is definitely unlikely, but there is not doubt she is a character filled with tons of potential, waiting to be found.

The Want

Smiling Micaiah.png

I want to start saying that Fire Emblem is my second favorite franchise from Nintendo and in the videogame industry in general, only Smash is above it, and Kirby it’s the only other franchise that comes close to my love and dedication, it gives me exciting adventures and stories, an incredibly fun way to play strategy games I have never seen in my life before and done in a quite simple way.

I love the RPG Elements the games have; it also give me tons of new characters to known and like in their stories, people like Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Sigurd, Roy, Sophia, Nino, Lucina, Edelgard and more. But above all of them, she is different from the rest.

Micaiah is very important to me in a very personal way, I have a quite interesting story with her since I know of her existence, even before playing her game some years ago; in fact, I would say my story as a fan of Micaiah started when I was seeing the Speculation of Super Smash Bros. Brawl; learning everyday above new characters and stuff from the games, after all I loved MeIee, I definitely wanted to get Brawl and their gigantic collection of characters, engaging game design and other stuff we love about Smash.

During the Speculation I learned about one of the games related to this speculation; it’s name was Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn; Fire Emblem was a franchise I knew about quite loosely thanks to some videos talking about Marth’s moves; and other stuff like that; it was a game I notice a few times in the store, and also found a bit about in magazines; I mostly remember from that time the pictures of the bulky Ike, the handsome green-head (Sothe) and the quite charming Silver-Haired Maiden; after the release of Brawl and after playing quite a lot I ended up checking the Trophies; I remember finding the Sothe Trophy, looking pretty much the same as the artworks in the magazines, with his description having a “Micaiah” character being quite prominent on it; after exploring the stickers in my times of boredom I made the connection; the Micaiah was indeed the Silver Girl from the Radiant Dawn Pictures.

In 2009, the year I was trying to complete Smash Bros Brawl again (because my first copy of the game died… and the Wii Console with it) was also the year I started properly to play Fire Emblem, and fall in love with the mechanics and the overall feeling; during this time I also started to investigate more about the franchise; I discovered many things, but the most relevant thing for today’s post is the fact I found that Micaiah was indeed the Main Character of Radiant Dawn; not just bulky Ike; and since that day it gives me headaches trying to understand why Sothe has a Trophy in the Brawl, but Micaiah doesn’t… that didn’t make sense, after all Sothe’s importance in Radiant Dawn it was pretty much connected to be Micaiah’s bodyguard and best friend.

After this my young mind started to speculate the potential reasons for years; I never had a proper answer; but I was sure I wanted to play Radiant Dawn; the game looked awesome and the quite mysterious image of Micaiah was around it, it would learn something after play it.

I started to feel a special attachment to her, even before I played her game; I wanted to know her and Radiant Dawn better somehow; in 2012 and beyond I started seeing people discuss about the game, their characters and became quite connected with the cast despite having little experience with the narrative and how the game actually worked in the practice; this was also a hyped time, Awakening was recently released and many of the main characters that ended up being forgotten were (kinda) resurrected in the form of the DLC Stuff; the Micaiah in the Dark Mage outfit it’s probably one of the things I remember the most from those times. Micaiah was a character that without a doubt fascinated me since long ago, but I don’t actually became a fan until a bit later.

Smash Bros Wii U arrives along with many new characters; Awakening was the newest thing released from Fire Emblem; so I was sure we’re gonna get something from that game; I wasn’t very into the community of Smash to see people talking about rumours and stuff; I just knew it we’re gonna get an Awakening Character, and it was the case. I think after seeing Megaman in the game I wasn’t very interested in any character in particular at that point, I was just happy with everything.

Then 2015 arrived, Mewtwo Striking Back brings happiness to old and new fans; it also was the beginning of the Ballot; and age where speculation went nuts without a doubt; and this was also the key moment for me to become a Micaiah fan.

Micaiah writing in the Smash Ballot.png

I remember a close friend (who is also a Fire Emblem Fan) told me he wanted Micaiah in Smash Bros; I was confuse for the idea, but I ended up embracing it after understanding the potential she had as a magic and staff user; this was the beginning of one of my busiest years trying to understand Micaiah as a character with a more mature mind-set and it was finally the moment I was properly capable of getting the Radiant Dawn Experience after so many years.

When I was done, I love it; and simply love it; I would see the flaws in the balance and the rush in development, but I simply loved the concepts they decided to went with Micaiah and her game’s story is probably the most interesting and engaging of the International Fire Emblem Games so far (something that only was recently challenged by Three Houses).

Micaiah is such a sweet gal, but she is also stubborn and has tons of will power, despite looking like a character that would depend in the world to don’t die; she is actually smart enough to be a competent leader, even in the actual plot; and that is awesome.

Since this moment I was sure I was a Micaiah fan, and I wanted to make something in her name to make people respect more a character that was misunderstood for many and for many reasons. It made search for answer for many questions both for the game’s design, and for Micaiah’s criticisms.

For example, before playing Radiant Dawn I learned from many old opinions about Micaiah’s “Special Kind” Capabilities (talking about most of them would be a spoiler, so if you’re interested I can talk about it), and they made her some kind of Mary Sue in their minds; I became more obsessed with narrative and the whole idea of “What is a Mary Sue actually?”; and learned from many sources what it’s actually a Mary Sue, and what isn’t. In the end I can say Micaiah made me less lazy.

Now I dedicate to write and share stuff to show how Micaiah would work in Smash Bros, to help other people understand her character better, and in general share Micaiah Love.

Maybe in the past I would have give 100% to other characters, I think Bandana Dee used to be my most wanted character from the Smash Bros Wii U Speculation; but nowadays the only character I want with this burning passion is her. I love Micaiah in every way I can imagine, I love her simple but extremely stylish and beautiful design, I love her character, I found her quite a charming person with many interesting aspects to see when you read the story, and of course, I love the fact she is a spellcaster unlike most of the Main Characters in Fire Emblem, I love my magic-based stuff. Micaiah is my favorite character in all media.

Predictions

Captain Rainbow: 3.4%

Nominations

Ryu Hayabusa x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mike (yeah this is the level of pun I'm able to come up with after hours of studying)

Poor Micaiah, she hasn't much of a shot. Fire Emblem sadly is one of those series that are screwed over by only representing it through the latest characters and nothing else, and Micaiah isn't that (that would be Byleth, or Alm/Celica if you're going pre-release). Let's say we get a Hail Mary and we don't get the latest, then we would likely get Lyn or another highly popular character (most likely Lyn). Micaiah is just kind of stuck in a rut where she's sort of popular but not enough and her game isn't old enough to be nostalgic yet.

When we get that sweet Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn remake collection, Micaiah will shoot up by virtue of Ike already being in. But barring a sudden surge in popularity, I think that's the best Micaiah can hope for.

Want: 30%
I feel really bad giving a score this low after Troykv's very touching post, especially considering that I love Radiant Dawn and Micaiah's a great character. But I want other Fire Emblem characters more (crucially Lyn and Byleth), and I'm not even sure I want more Fire Emblem characters right now considering the sorry state of its representation. But I'd be happy to see her in.

Cap R prediction: 5.87%
Nominations: Prince of Persia x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Kratos
Want: Abstain

Kratos is a PlayStation character. Characters owned or created by Sony barely have any chance of getting into smash, if not at all. It's quite a shame, as there's characters from Sony franchises I'd love to see. (Sackboy is my best example.) I don't have anything else to say.

Untitled Goose x5 (last minute.)

Micaiah rating coming soon.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Female Fire Emblem lord with white hair who wears red and is somewhat controversial in the fanbase.

Chance: 0.1%
Not third party/already a spirit/tons of first party competition. She has major Fire Emblem competition in the form of a Three Houses character, not to mention Sakurai said that he was hesitant to add Corrin since there are already a ton of FE characters (and we only got Chrom as an echo and after immense fan demand). We also have Ike who represents the Tellius series for the most part so they might not even consider another character from those games. I feel like the only thing that could boost her chances would be a Radiant Dawn remake but even that might not work as we've seen with Alm and Celica.

Want: 15%
I wouldn't mind Micaiah though there are a ton of other FE characters I'd want to see first. The priority of FE characters that I personally want to see in Smash would probably go something like this:

Edelgard > Celica > Lyn > Byleth > Dimitri > Alm > Anna > Hector > Micaiah > Everyone else
Haven't done the GD route yet so I can't really say if I want Claude or not for the moment.
I have no personal attachment to her as my only experience with her is through Heroes. Could be fun though I want to see most of the other characters I mentioned get into Smash first.

Captain Rainbow chance prediction: 4.81%

Nominations:
Quote x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Micaiah

Chance 0 - I can't really see this happening anymore. If 3 Houses would have flopped hard then I'd have her as an outside shot. Instead it was a success by all metrics and may have been the best game in series history, which means that any real incentive to add a character from a different FE game may be completely gone.

Want 30 - Remember I was way higher on her last time, but that was before 3 houses came out. I like the character but I really want Edelgard to be the next FE rep and I really can't picture there being more than one for DLC unless it spans a really long time

Prediction for Captain Rainbow - 4.12

Noms
League of Legends rep x 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Chance 0
Want 1%

If we have to get another Fire Emblem character, I want either Lyn or a Three Houses character. And if we do get one, it's almost certainly going to be from Three Houses, and even that doesn't seem that likely.

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

Prediction captain Rainbow 0.3%

Top Bottom