• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Can someone tell me the Top 10 of Want again? The images seem to be gone.
Here it is, taken from the post that lists all the chance and want ratings.
Want
1. King K. Rool (73.57%)
2. Bandana Dee (71.11%)
3. Ridley (67.36%)
4. Decidueye (65.20%)
5. Dixie Kong (62.93%)
6. Banjo and Kazooie (61.29%)
7. Elma (60.18%)
8. Waluigi (60.00%)
9. Takamaru (58.93%)
10. Isaac (58.60%)

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
wow just wow can't belive that everyone is back I am so glad to not only see mewtwo back but pichu,young link and squritle charcters I have never thought to be making a comeback. Ridley was great to glad to see they finally had him in Sakurai even said it was for the oversea fans. Wonder how much more likely King K rool is now..also taking a hard look at newcomers as the newcomer size will be small

Troykv

Smash Master
Surprised that a lot of people seem so down. We're getting the ultimate Smash experience with new stuff on the horizon for the next 6 months and the inevitable DLC cycle that will focus on newcomers and new content. Also, this is not a port or the same as Smash 4 - inspired by it no doubt, but noticeably changed so much that calling it an enhanced port is a disservice to the work put into this.

Edit: On a side nte, Ghiraham's been spotted as an AT. He is disconfirmed.
Oh you're right! When the DLC starts the content will be completely new!

This would ended up helping some popular characters from the post 2016 (like Rex & Pyra) that most likely will not appear at the base roster.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Surprised that a lot of people seem so down. We're getting the ultimate Smash experience with new stuff on the horizon for the next 6 months and the inevitable DLC cycle that will focus on newcomers and new content. Also, this is not a port or the same as Smash 4 - inspired by it no doubt, but noticeably changed so much that calling it an enhanced port is a disservice to the work put into this.
that's just the thing, because we are getting all of the returning characters, Sakurai said to not expect many more newcomers. This is a severe damper on the hype of the game because it means we won't have many new things. Out of the 75 stages we have, only a select few of them are new. The characters part stings a great deal to me though, as I really don't think five or six total newcomers is worth having pichu and three links in exchange.

Though I'm down on the whole presentation in general, as nintendo's E3 was pretty damn pitiful this year.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Some further discussions after earlier
-Sukapon, waluigi, eevee, and Takamaru outright deconfirmed
-Decidueye probably needs a rerate with pichu/ivysaur/squirtle coming back
-Very strong chance Simon Belmont is one of our remaining newcomers, with only a limited amount of remaining newcomer options
-Toad (generic) possibly deconfirmed, meowth possibly deconfirmed (alolan).
-Other metroid newcomers aside from Ridley could need rerates.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
With Sakurai stating that the number one priority was bringing back everyone, he had hoped we weren't expecting too many newcomers. If I had to guess, we have 1-5 more, tops. This changes a lot in terms of character chances, I'd assume.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Review of the Smash part of E3 so far:

-The deconfirmation train is going too fast imo, to the point of also giving possibly false hope to characters whose ATs aren't seen yet. Waluigi really stung, and having Krystal be deconfirmed by an off-hand site picture cannot be pretty for the fans either.

-Daisy was my most wanted character above and beyond and she's in. I feel relief first and foremost. I can leave the fanbase, I was right and I don't have to speculate on her chances for a minute longer.

-All Vets is an interesting concept which definitely hypes me up. Wolf and Pokémon Trainer are one of my favorite Smash fighters, so I'm glad they're back

-Redesigns looking good. Love the fresh breath of air in the Zelda representation, even without newcomers.

-Ridley looks good, doesn't have a gimmick as much as he brings his own personality to Smash instead of a gimmick.

-Inklings aren't as cray-cray as I expected them to be. Only one move spreads ink on the floor, which does not boost Inkling's mobility itself, the moveset primarily consists of the main weapons and even some physical moves. The ink mechanic for the opponents is nice but I expected some outrageous playstyle.

-Echo Characters give us a slight idea on what characters could be added, since I expect more of those.

-Less newcomers was to be expected, even without Everybody Is Back. Am curious to how much newcomers this leads. Excluding Echo Fighters, I think we'll get 5 more newcomers. Two extra Echo Fighters then amounts to seven unique newcomers and three newcomer Echoes for a total of ten.

-Rerates are neccesary for potential clones like Dixie, Impa and Dark Samus. Beyond that the suspiciously missing ATs could be rerated down the line and with Takamaru being deconfirmed the retro section is wide open.

-Toad is back and as non-playable as ever. Really sucks, but I'm still holding out for Captain.

Troykv

Smash Master
I like the Zelda and Ganondorf designs, they look so pretty... (well.. I'm not sure if pretty is the best word to talk about Ganon, but well xD).

I hope Sakurai enjoys his time with the DLCs, because this time, thanks to all the extra work for the base game, he can go WILD...

By the way, we're doing the satisfaction rates now?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
With all the deconfirmations today we need a graveyard.

BTW For tomorrow I am going to have the following things rated unless we get any other newcomers.

Snake Satisfaction

Ice Climber Satisfaction

Wolf Satisfaction

Pokemon Trainer Satisfaction

Young Link Satisfaction

Pichu Satisfaction

Inkling Satisfaction

Daisy Satisfaction

Ridley Satisfaction

and any other newcomer/newcomers we get potentially.

Crap I double posted my b.
I like the Zelda and Ganondorf designs, they look so pretty... (well.. I'm not sure if pretty is the best word to talk about Ganon, but well xD).

I hope Sakurai enjoys his time with the DLCs, because this time, thanks to all the extra work for the base game, he can go WILD...

By the way, we're doing the satisfaction rates now?

Yep. Rate in satisfaction all of the above and the no cuts concept. Think of rating your satisfaction out of a 100%.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
-Pac-Man still doesn't have any World representation so far.

I dunno about you, But I am blaming Namco on this again. :/ All I can hope for at most now is Klonoa possibly getting in as atleast an Assist Trophy after seeing Bomberman. (RIP, It's still great to see you in though at least.)

D

Deleted member

Snake Satisfaction: 100%
He was pretty much my most wanted cut veteran, but I sure as hell didn't expect him to return (As well as many other returning veterans in here, but I digress), so it's a delightful surprise!
David Hayter's back too, and with newly recorded dialogue no less! Hopefully the codecs return as well.

Ice Climber Satisfaction: 90%
Ok, so I'm not super attached to them and they were inevitable but I was just so happy to see them simply because they were the first non-Sm4sh character that appeared in the montage. It's great to have them back either way, as they shouldn't have left to begin with.

Wolf Satisfaction: 100%
He was my second most wanted cut veteran behind Snake. I'm glad to have him back, and I'm digging his new design. I do wonder if they're gonna change the voice, though.

Pokemon Trainer Satisfaction: 65%
Admittedly, I was pretty shocked when I saw Squirtle and Ivysaur in that trailer, and while I'm excited to have those 2 unique veterans back I just wish they didn't bring back the transformations.

Young Link Satisfaction: 15%
I don't like variants and I find him kinda redundant thanks to Tink's existence. I'm happy for his fans, I guess.

Pichu Satisfaction: 70%
I was actually down to having Pichu back before, but I never expected him to return. He's cute but I doubt I'll use him too much.

Inkling Satisfaction: 85%
They look fun! Definitely looking forward to trying them out. However, I haven't played too much of Splatoon so I don't find myself as excited as some others, but I'm not opposed.

Daisy Satisfaction: 5%
Never liked Daisy, but clone Daisy is fine I suppose. However, the fact Waluigi was shot down so quickly definitely stings, so while it's probably due to a faulty logic I feel a bit salty about this, but I'm probably gonna get over it really quickly. At least I have a new punching bag.

Ridley Satisfaction: 100%
MOTHER****ING RIDLEY BOIS!!!! While I initially gave him a low want score when he was rated, I warmed up to him overtime and started to support him, partially for his fanbase. It's hard to believe that he actually made it in after all this time, and he looks fun too!

No cuts satisfaction: 100%
I was a huge advocate for this, and initially thought it was going to happen but lost hope over time. I've never been happier to be wrong.

Do we nominate today? if we do then I nominate Susie x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Inklings: 100%
While I haven't played Splatoon yet, they seem pretty fun to play as in this game. And seriously, they had no reason not to be included in Smash.
Ridley: 100%
I was never the biggest (heh) Ridley supporter, but I've always wanted him, and I'm glad Sakurai finally listened.
Daisy: 70%
She wasn't the Mario newcomer I wanted, but I'm still happy. At least she's a clone. Heck, I'll probably play as her instead of Peach.
:snake:, :wolf:, :popo:, :pt:, :ivysaur:, :squirtle:, :pichumelee:, :younglinkmelee:, and EVERYONE: 100%
I've always wanted this, but never thought it would actually happen.
I think this song sums up how I feel:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Snake Satisfaction: 30%
I'm afraid I just don't care about Snake. Plus with the leak he wasn't really a surprise.

Ice Climber Satisfaction: 50%
Again, I don't really care about Nana and Popo at all. Their exclusion made me feel nothing. Glad those chain grabs are gone, but this was the only definite guarantee pre-reveal.

Wolf Satisfaction: 80%
Wolf's new design is great and he's the only Starfox character I tended to play. Nice to see his official pose is Yamcha's WOLF FANG FIST.

Pokemon Trainer Satisfaction: 100%
The one cut which really hurt. Charizard was always my least favourite of the Kanto mons, so when my boy Squirtle and girl Ivysaur had vanished...it hurt a bit. Seeing Squirtle and Ivysaur again made me actually punch the air, which for a veteran return is impressive. I really can't get excited over the same movesets returning over and over again.

Young Link Satisfaction: 3%
I guess with Link changing his moveset Young Link sort of has a point, but Toon Link is still a thing so...err...what was the point? Not even a Majora's Mask item? If he's the same as Melee I'll be disappointed.

Pichu Satisfaction: 100%
A joke character I love. In Melee I preferred to play as Pichu to Pikachu even. I like the extra danger the self damage adds and he's great for handicap matches!

Inkling Satisfaction: 85%
Inkling was one of my most wanted newcomers but there's something about Inkling's moveset that hasn't quite gelled with me. Not even sure what it is, but their stage looks amazing.

Daisy Satisfaction: 95%
My favourite of the Mario princesses, Daisy made it in?!? I'd have much preferred Toad, and mildly preferred Waluigi, but at least Daisy is bringing a semi playable Toad in her moveset(as is Peach). Frankly after so many years this is the closest I can get to an actual playable Toad with Peach and Daisy now having a more aggressive fungi boy protecting them, so I'll take it. I got a little excited when I saw Toad was more active in the moveset.

Okay so mostly my satisfaction comes from Toad's upgrades in the movesets to Daisy herself, but she was still my third most wanted Mario character and since I'm all about the Mario characters, that's a big deal.

Ridley Satisfaction: 95%
I've never played Metroid, I've never been pro Ridley, but I've never been anti either. For me Ridley is a character I wanted in for the fans. They finally got their wish, he looks fun and although I doubt he'll be really good due to his size, he LOOKS like a ton of fun.

No cuts satisfaction: 50%
I'm split. On the one hand; WHOOP EVERYONE IS BACK, NOW EVERY FAN CAN HAVE THEIR PREVIOUS PLAYABLES PLAY OFF TOGETHER.

On the other, I'm all about newcomers (and to a lesser extent major moveset alterations). The Wii U era had a fair few characters I really adored and it looks like their chances are shot to pieces by the desire to include every veteran ever.

I'll wait and see who gets added first, but it'll be a bit of an annoyance for me honestly if the likes of Dixie, Captain Toad, Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, Chibi Robo, etc could miss out so I can get Young Link, Snake and Ice Climbers back.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Snake satisfaction: 1%

I don't want Snake in Smash. I've explained before that I want the tone light-hearted, and characters who are essentially sexual, violent, gritty, etc., to a certain extent don't fit with that tone.

Ice Climbers satisfaction: 30%

I gave them a relatively high want rating when they were rated in this thread, but I have since decided that I don't really care for the element of randomness that Nana brings. However, it looks like they might have addressed that somewhat. Regardless, I would rather have Jack Frost be the "ice character" for 5mash.

Wolf satisfaction: 50%

It's cool that he's back, but I've become less attached to him since he was rated in this thread.

Ridley satisfaction: 12%

I don't really care about Ridley per se. In fact, his design turns me off. However, if his depiction in this game proves to satisfy his fanbase and remain sufficiently accurate to his canon, I am happy for his fans, and my ideal roster changes.

Young Link satisfaction: 1%

I only gave him +1% because his Final Smash hasn't been shown, and it could be Fierce Deity. However, transformation Final Smashes have changed, so the player probably wouldn't even get to fight as him, which sucks. Also, Young Link returning means Masked Link probably isn't in 5mash, and he was one of my most-wanted characters.

No Cuts satisfaction: 0%

There are characters I want out of the game. I've talked about this before. The character I wanted cut the most was Bayonetta.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's an improvement to have visible meters for moves with time or use limits, and Shulk's art switching menu has been improved. Those things aside, it remains to be seen if there have been enough changes to make this game fun for me to watch, i.e., more combos, edge-guarding, etc.

Satisfaction for every vet: 100%
My most wanted thigns for SMash siwthc were" no cuts" and "ridley"
They went above and beyond. Everyone gets their favorite character back and they all look great! Couldn't be happier. The only qualm I have is PT means that everyone loses a down special, but I think having 3 pokemon but not being **** will be more fun.

Ridley satisfaction: 100%
I own the ridley thread lol. Command grab, projectiles, and long reaching moves is exactly what I wanted. he's perfect.
Daisy satisfaction: 70%
Never been a giant fan of daisy but I feel like there aren't many characters that would fit better as a clone. So good for her and good for her fans other than that one.
Inklinhgs: 90%
They look soooooooo cool. Only disappointed by lack of charger and splatling in their moveset.
:061:

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Veteran & Newcomer Satisfaction Ratings

All veterans get a 100% from me. I'm just happy they're in the game, and all of them look great graphics and design wise.

Inklings: 90%
They did a better job giving them a moveset than I could've ever done but I can't see myself playing as them.

Daisy: 100%
The way they did it is fine with me. Plus, I like Daisy.

Ridley: 75%
I was never really a fan of Ridley but I'm happy for the fans.

:131:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Ridley: 90%

A pretty solid character design and great choice for the roster; I like his moves and how savage he is.

Daisy: 60%

I'll finally use the Peach moveset without feeling bother for Peach's pinky design xD.

_____

Most of the Veterans: 70%

I'm pretty surprised with their return, they make a good job with their return <3

Young Link: 50%

At least his existence now doesn't seem pointless thanks to the Link's changes.

Inkling: 85%

His design wasn't that different from what I expected, the thing I didn't think about was the ink making you suffer more damage from Inkling; but hey, I like, it's fun.

No cuts: 100%

The sky is the limit; I'll get fun playing the upgraped characters.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also everyone please remember to rate inklings in satisfaction too since we have seen em in action.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Satisfaction day

:snake: 75%: You know, I never was such a huge Snake fan in Brawl since I didn't favor 3rd parties and he didn't seem to fit for me. Most of this is because I wanted his fans to be happy - and bearded Kirby is funny. But you never know how much you miss something until it's gone. I could have lived without him, but I'm happy he's back.

:popo: 80%: This stung a bit, but I never really played them. ICs did require some advanced techniques that I was unaccustomed to, and I didn't care enough to learn them. The cut did hurt a bit more than others since they were two-game vets and were cut solely because the 3DS crippled everything.

:wolf: 85%: Wolf was one I actually did play. Some of my best Brawl memories were dragging my TV (the old CRT ones) and my Wii (and a transformer since I had a US system in Germany) to my grandma's house to play Smash with my cousin. He always played Wolf, so I did miss him. I'd have preferred keeping Wolf over Falco in Sm4sh, but I dealt (and hopefully the terrible Sm4sh voices are gone now). It does make me happy to see him return and add another villain to our roster (Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Mewtwo, and now Ridley...can we make it 6?)

:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::pt: 100%: Can I go over 100%? This is the character that hyped me the most in Brawl, and one of my main problems with Sm4sh was the removal of transformations (read: removal of Squirtle). I had such llittle hope he'd return, and he did - exactly as I wanted. This was the thing I've been thinking of all day smiling since I finally get my tinyturtle back after all these years.

:younglinkmelee: 70%: Gotta say, wasn't expecting him at all. I never played him much since I favored real Link, but now that Link's joined the dark side and stopped being a lefty, I feel I'll pick up the kid more than before. It will also be nice to get the flurry back after all this time. But the one thing that'll really bump him up higher is the potential for a Fierce Deity Final Smash - if he gets one... well, Hyrule Warriors showed us how amazing the kid can be.

:pichumelee: 50%: lolwut? Can't say I thought he would come back, but when Snake showed up and they announced Everyone's here, and then Pichu was the next on screen... that was interesting. Still, I'm happy for his fans.

Inklings 60%: I guess nobody expected them to headline the direct. Even after they were shown off three months ago, people treated them more as "of course they'll be in Smash" instead of "wow, I hope the Inklings are in!" Well deserved since Splatoon is a huge franchise, but they don't really excite me. Still, they absolutely deserve it.

Daisy 90%: Echo characters? What, if we don't call them clones, we'll like it better? Yes, actually. Now it seems like they aren't just random afterthoughts, but characters who we want, but can share a lot of stuff with another. And what a great choice! I do like Daisy - she's irritating in that endearing way in all of the Mario Party &c. games, and I do love seeing the ladies of Smash battling in their gowns. This is one clone I'll be glad to play.

Ridley 100%: He deserves it. I can't wait. I don't need to say more. Free the hype three! TWO down, one to go...

No cuts 100%: Gotta be honest - I didn't think it was possible to get everyone back, but they're doing it and I'm really stoked about it. I want to have Squirtle battle Mewtwo on Saffron City. I want to see Snake fighting Ryu on Great Bay. I want every combination of everything we've had, and we're getting it.

And I want to see when the hacks come out giving Bayonetta's taunt to Ridley.

---

Gotta say, after all of this, 'Ultimate' is really the perfect name. I'm at the point that I don't care what else is in the game since we have an incredible roster of characters and stages. I've reached the point where there are only a few stages I'd like to see (Fountain of Dreams, Pac-Maze, Pirate Ship) and really only two characters I really want (one who seems incredibly likely, the other who is a pipe dream). This will be the Smash I feel I can play for years and years, and I think this will be an excellent capstone on the series.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
You know, the thing that shocks me the most is not the fact we've got every veteran back or Ridley, it's the absolutely gigantic number of stages there are! I mean, I expected a lot of returning stages from past Smash games, but not that many! There are 80 confirmed returning stages already according to SmashWiki! :eek:

And now for character satisfaction scores:

Inkling satisfaction: 100%
Since the end of the Smash 4 DLC era I've got the opportunity to play Splatoon 2 and I can say I didn't expect to find it as fun as I did! And it's now one of the games I'm considering getting when I get a Switch. They're legit Nintendo all-stars and their spot is well deserved, plus their gameplay looks exciting. They're a pretty faithful adaptation to 2D of their 3D gameplay from their original game.

Ice Climbers satisfaction: 95%
It's really nice to see them back after their temporary absence in the series. I don't remember being excellent at playing them in Melee or Brawl, but it will be nice to rediscover them, especially without abusive chain grabs.

Pokémon Trainer satisfaction: 52%
I really didn't expect this one to happen, nor did I specially want it because I didn't care much for transformations, but I guess they really wanted to get everyone back including the trainer, and transformations were a special treatment for him (and now her too) rather than something common, as evidence by the lack of Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS transformation. It's nice to see Squirtle and Ivysaur back, although I didn't want to see them back as much as Snake and Ice Climbers. I'm also glad they did get rid of the starmina gimmick from Brawl and made the transformation much faster that even seems to allow combos between different characters, allowing the three-in-one gameplay to be a strength rather than a burden.

Snake satisfaction: 100%
A popular third-party who was super fun to play as in Brawl? Yes! It'll be so nice to see him fight new third-parties added in Smash 4 like Mega Man and Cloud.

Pichu satisfaction: 30%
To be fair this is one character I thought I would be fine without, considering it was just a joke character with a bad gimmick. That said, I'd be lying if I said I'm completely dissatisfied with Pichu back, because this Super Smash Bros. wouldn't deserve its Ultimate title without every veteran back. I'm just worried it's still going to be one of the worst characters because of its self-dagaming gimmick, but I'm sure they can give it some unique strengths that can compensate them and give it a legitimate niche over Pikachu; maybe make it a character with highly accurate hitboxes that can easily hit the opponent thanks to wide hitboxes and long lasting attacking frames?

Young Link satisfaction: 40%
Another character I didn't really care about getting back, but again, this Smash wouldn't be Ultimate without everyone back. I'm giving a higher score than Pichu because I have no doubt that Young Link will have legitimate strengths over Link and Toon Link that will not be dragged down by a self-handicapping gimmick. Now that means we have three Links... I thought Toon Link was basically meant to replace Young Link, but when deciding to make the "Ultimate" Smash Sakurai in hindsight saw them as different enough to have both in the same game. While he unsurprisingly doesn't make extensive use of his masks (so I guess "Masked Link" can be marked as deconfirmed) I hope he will have the Fierce Deity Mask as his Final Smash.

Wolf satisfaction: 90%
He was behind Snake and Ice Climbers in term of how much I would have liked to see cut characters back but unlike Pichu, Young Link or Pokémon Trainer I didn't really have reservations about the prospect of getting him back. I also remember seeing Crazy Hand for the first time ever and it was when I watched someone else playing as Wolf, so for personal reasons it's nice to see him back.

Not cuts satisfaction: 100%
I'm so glad they did this, pre-release that means we'll only speculate about positives (character additions) and not negavites (character cuts), and post-release it means we'll have a lot of fun reusing characters from Smash 4 with an updated moveset! This will probably mean a smaller pool of newcomers as Sakurai suggested it, but to save every character from the chopping block I think it's worth it.

Daisy satisfaction: 48%
Not a character I wanted or thought would be likely to be in Smash, so I admit when she got revealed my reaction was some sort of shocked "No seriously?!" (although to a much lesser extent than when Cloud was revealed more than two years and half ago) I guess Sakurai, wanting to bring back everyone, couldn't just cut Lucina and Dark Pit, but at the same time didn't find a satisfactory way to declone them so to solve the problem just decided to embrace the concept of clones and added more of them to explore the concept further, and Daisy happened to be a good new character for that. She's not a character I thought would be Smash material, but at the same time her addition seems it was made with minimization of opportunity cost in mind, so I can't be unhappy with her being in. I wonder if they'll go further with the concept of echo fighters...

Ridley satisfaction: 88%
I was one of those people who took Sakurai's statement about Ridley's impossibility as a Smash fighter pretty much at face value, but I was wrong (the shock from the reveal was bigger than for Daisy for sure). Having him as a playable character still feels surreal and to be completely fair the resizing is slightly weird (although they admittedly chose the right design to reduce the weird factor of scaling Ridley down), but still worth it considering the unique moveset, the character's high profile as a Nintendo antagonist and of course the sheer hype coming from it.
In my previous post I mentioned Ridley one-hit KOing Link without lauching him to the blast zone, but after thinking about it it's more likely starmina mode updated to destroy the characters when their hit points go to zero rather than letting them laying down on the battlefield.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Not cuts satisfaction: 100%
I'm so glad they did this, pre-release that means we'll only speculate about positives (character additions) and not negavites (character cuts), and post-release it means we'll have a lot of fun reusing characters from Smash 4 with an updated moveset! This will probably mean a smaller pool of newcomers as Sakurai suggested it, but to save every character from the chopping block I think it's worth it.
One of the best things about Not Cuts, it's the fact that Sakurai can now go wild with DLC instead of having to depend in compromises like last time... The post-release content will be awesome; but at least we know we'll get more newcomers despite the base-game focus' change.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just wanna rate everyone 100%. All the veterans coming back is insane and I love it, Inklings look super fun and Daisy and Ridley deserve it so much.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Satisfaction Ratings

Wolf: 100% - I've been a part of the Wolf Support threads since I've been on Smashboards, and owned the Switch support thread since the beginning. Now, I own the Wolf Social. I love how he's getting a major upgrade to his moves, too.

Snake: 75% - With so many 3rd Parties already, I wasn't too keen on seeing more. However, with Snake, the 3rd Party count has hit a sweet spot of seven. In the end, I'm glad to see him return. Just wouldn't have been hurt or surprised if he didn't.

Ice Climbers: 100% - These two deserved to make their return, and it's a shame that they had to be dropped due to hardware limitations last time around.

Pokemon Trainer: 75% - One that I absolutely did not see coming. Charizard moved back with Squirtle and Ivysaur will take some getting used to, but in the end, we got Squirtle and Ivysaur back. And without the stamina mechanic, Pokemon Trainer is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Young Link: 25% - If he had been added in without every other cut veteran, I'd be upset. Not the biggest fan of having three Links, literally, running around. Hopefully he'll have some moveset changes to differentiate himself. That, and combined with Link changes, hopefully the three will stand out quite well from eachother.

Pichu: 25% - One I could have lived without, but he wasn't marked as an 'Echo' clone, so maybe he'll have some new moves to differentiate himself with.

Inklings: 100% - A welcome addition, and I like what I've seen of them thus far. Moray Towers looks like a lot of fun, and the Squid Sisters Assist Trophy was a perfect choice.

Daisy: 10% - Although it's nice to see her, I'm still not a fan of clone characters. Predicted that if she came, she'd either be an alt for Peach or a clone. Curious to see what differences there will be between her and Peach.

Ridley: 100% - He actually did it. Ridley hit it big. I had a feeling that if Ridley was going to appear, his greatest chances were not. Only 1st Party newcomer who could've made as big of an impact as he did.

No Cuts: 1% - Definitely some characters I had hoped would not return. At least we've got every Smash Bros. fighter ever together, so I can't complain about that.

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers: 75%
Expected.

Snake: 80%
He wasn't my favorite in Brawl, but I'm still delighted for his fans.

Pokémon Trainer: 60%
Kinda iffy about them. Glad they don't suffer from that stamina mechanic anymore, but I'd rather have made Squirtle and Ivysaur solo along Charizard.
Oh well, at least we have a Leaf alt.

Wolf: 80%
See what I said about Snake.

Melee vets :younglinkmelee::pichumelee:: 70%
Nostalgic bonuses.

Inklings: 85%
I knew the ink mechanic from Splatoon would get included in some form.
I fear they're not the kind of character I'd play as often though.

Daisy: 65%
I've always preferred Daisy's tomboyish and cheerful attitude over Peach's, so that's a nice bonus.

I thought he'd never make it in as long as Sakurai stays as Smash's director after what happened to him in Smash Wii U.
And yet, it finally happened.
He wasn't among my top most wanted but I still can't wait to kick major ***** with him.

No comments needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers: 75%
Expected.

Snake: 80%
He wasn't my favorite in Brawl, but I'm still delighted for his fans.

Wolf: 80%
See above.

Melee vets: 70%
Nostalgic bonuses.

Inklings: 85%
I knew the ink mechanic from Splatoon would get included in some form.
I fear they're not the kind of character I'd play as often though.

I thought he'd never make it in as long as Sakurai stays as Smash's director after what happened to him in Smash Wii U.
And yet, it finally happened.
He wasn't among my top most wanted but I still can't wait to kick major ***** with him.
Pokemon Trainer is my favorite Melee character.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Satisfaction Ratings

Wolf: 100% -for me, the most fun of the Starfox group and I was bummed he didn't return last game. He looks great here.

Snake: 25% - I have no attachment to snake and i would have preferred to see a new third party instead, like Simon, Sora, an Atlus rep, etc. I'm not mad he's back though.

Ice Climbers: 100% - the saddest casualty last time and I'm glad they've returned.

Pokemon Trainer: 10% - I feel like this was an unnecessary return. A new Pokemon trainer would've been much better.

Young Link: 0% - totally unnecessary.

Pichu: 0% - also totally unnecessary.

Inklings: 100% - the most obvious newcomer was the first reveal. They look very fun!

Daisy: 0% - I just hope she isn't as annoying here as she is in literally every other game she appears in.

Ridley: 100% - totally surreal to see! I look forward to trying him out. He seems interesting, I think he'll be difficult to get the hang of but he seems to be a heavy hitter.

No Cuts: 0% - I really was hoping that the Smash 4 clones would be gone as well as Corrin, but what can you do.

If we're giving out nominations then Neku x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Snake Satisfaction - 75% - He was cool in general. I never had much personal attachment to him, but he was unique enough for me to miss what he offered in terms of moves.

Ice Climber Satisfaction - 75% - I was never a huge fan of these two, but I didn't like them being cut. Happy to have them back even if I don't really use them.

Wolf Satisfaction - 100% - My Brawl main alongside Peach. I missed him and am happy he has returned! Hopefully they changed him up enough for people to not scream CLONE even though he was pretty unique. I have a feeling his FS will be cloned though... again. And that's enough for people to cry. His new look is cool but also feels a tiny bit off in the face. But Wolf!!! I said I'd kiss his boots if he returned in his thread and he did! So that shows how happy I am to have my most played character in Brawl by a landslide back!!!

Pokemon Trainer Satisfaction - 99% - I loved Squirtle, my only concern on him was him kicking out Greninja if he returned. And I did enjoy Ivysaur despite him not being as popular as his brothers in arms. But not sure I'm that big on the three being tied together, but it's likely the only way we'd get them. So I'm happy to have Squirtle back.

Young Link Satisfaction - 0% - Ugh. Why? Three Links... the most disappointing and bland thing imaginable for LoZ reps. This one is truly the one that deserved dumpstered for good.

Pichu Satisfaction - 80% - Yay Gen 2 Rep! I wasn't exactly hoping or expecting the return, but it's cute and helps represent one of those Generations left out. I wouldn't say no to other iconic Pokemon from that Generation over Pichu though... like Togepi or Suicune.

Inkling Satisfaction - 100% - They look pretty awesome. Not big on some of the outfits, but overall they seem like a very solid addition that I'm excited for.

Daisy Satisfaction - 30% - BEFORE TOAD? WHY?!?!?! THAT"S AWFUL. Now I understand Waluigi and Daisy being more equal footing cause they both were basically recreated/created for Mario spin off fodder. Paper Mario is arguable cause another version of Mario would be redundant. (see Link) But Toad getting passed up for this recolor of Peach is annoying. The very least they could of done is have one of those Shyguys, Koopas, or Snifit's replace her Toad. But she is in the same boat as Dark Pit and Lucina... the boat that I would sink without a tear anyways. But I guess they make a few people happy for little (it shows) effort.

Ridley Satisfaction - 70% - It makes sense, very popular and iconic. But I still think it looks weird. Not as bad I expected, but it's still... weird.

No Cuts - 50% - It's nice to see some faces that were cut, it's nice to know some new faces are safe. But I do question if Young Link, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Pichu were really worth returning over even 1-2 newcomers.

Other Stuff

- No Pikmin 4 Info hurts
- No Monster Hunter Info hurts
- No Toejam & Earl Info hurts
- I hate leaks being true, looks like the one might be. Simon with his whip could be incredible though, so I won't be too upset
- I'm happy that at least Toad got promoted to a more capable looking creature than fungus meat shield
- TAKAMARU DOWN!!! Why can't he make a return like Pit? :/
- Even if you like all the vets returning, it clearly is going to take a toll on newcomers... will it be worth it? Time will tell.
- All newcomers took a mighty blow in chance cause of the above, Decidueye taking the biggest hit

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Snake Satisfaction: 100%
Explosives? Choke holds? Boxes!?! Nyas please nya!!

Ice Climber Satisfaction: 100%
Very happy nya~ And I loved seeing Popo flying nyaround during their final smash nya!

Wolf Satisfaction: 100%
Wasn't expecting the change in design, but nyo problem with it nya.

Pokemon Trainer Satisfaction: 100%
Pleased to see the two others return and female pokemon trainer is a nice little nyaddition nya. Nyalso quicker swapping nya? Thank nyu~

Young Link Satisfaction: 100%
Welp, it's 3 slots with links name on it nya. But I can't really complain, I love the two games he's from nya~ Plus him being excluded after adding everyone else in would feel weird nya~ He's sure to get a fierce deity final smash or something nya~ So looking forawrd to seeing that nya!

Pichu Satisfaction: 100%
I nyo who my training mode buddy's gonya be nyao nya~ Pichu nyu nyadorable little fluff nya.

Inkling Satisfaction: 100%
Nyo issues as far as I care nya~ I like the gimmick too mew.

Daisy Satisfaction: 90%
Was hoping she'd get a unique moveset, but I'm ok with this nya!

Ridley Satisfaction: 100%
Simply by being playable in smash, I am happy. Looks very fun and I can't wait to murder opponents with that tail move that's definitely gonya be nerfed nya~

No Cuts: 100%
Indescribably happy nya. Ever heard a tank fire nya? That's how loud my purring was nya.:nifty:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gonna just post my stuff now, since I am going on a spooky hike tonight with my mates.

Ice Climbers
100% Satisfaction

Honestly I have no real complaints here. They look less broken, they are cuter than ever. They look amazing. I am so happy we are getting them back.

Snake Satisfaction
101% Satisfaction

Literally was my most wanted character period. I loved him in Brawl and PM, I can not wait to pick him up in Smash Ultimate. I can not wait to hear those great metal gear tunes again. I can not wait to hear all the codecs. I want to hear Snake react to Ridley, Robin, and Cloud.

Pokemon Trainer
100% Satisfaction

I love Squirtle and Ivysaur. Seeing the Trainer concept not suck a lot with fatigue is gonna be so fun. This is the ideal transformation character, able to be useful in any scenario. Jack of all trades, master of none. I can not wait to play as them.

Wolf
100% Satisfaction

His design is on point. He looks like such a badass. I love them playing up his antagonistic side right now. I can not wait to play as him again. He is literally my favorite Spacey aside from PM Lucas lol.

Pichu
100% Satisfaction

He is just too cute. I hope they make his damage output higher with his huge recoil. Lowkey I played so much Pichu in melee because I found him so cute.

Young Link
100% Want

Hoping for a Fierce Diety final smash. Its also a veteran, so i like that.

No Cuts
100% Satisfaction

The fact that everyone will have their mains from previous smash games makes me so happy.

Inkling
100% Satisfaction

OK I was actually nervous about how Inkling would play. I thought they would just have them do a simple use a bunch of weapons gimmick. But using the ink for stage control and damage, the ink meter, they look so fun, hope to see them in action irl if i go to NYC tomorrow.

Ridley
100% Satisfaction

Outside of the now much smaller chance of Spyro appearing (I overrated Crash and factored in DLC), Ridley was my most wanted. His trailer was perfect. His design is great, he looks so fun. I am so excited to try him out. He looks like the brutal sadistic monster we all know and love/hate. I am so happy he is in. to all the other ridley supporters out there, I salute you.

Daisy
80% Satisfaction

I actually like clones believe it or not. Daisy while I am not the biggest fan of her opens the door to far more great things. I personally can not wait to see what other echos make it in.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Satisfaction Ratings

Snake - 85% - I can't say that I was pining for his return, but I did enjoy him, so that's nice.

Ice Climbers - 100% - Honestly, they probably shouldn't have left.

Wolf - 100% - Knowning he might be reciving some tweeks, I can't wait to see how he ends up. Another cut that shouldn't have happend.

Pokemon Trainer - 95% Only taking points off because I think it would be better to have them separated. I can't be too mad, though, because they aren't shackled by stamina...

Young Link - 20% - Eh... not quite happy on this one. Feels too redundant with Toon Link.

Pichu - 20% - I bet you he'll be even more worthless as a fighter. Watch them nerf him worse compred to Melee.

No Cuts - 60% - Eh... I can understand why they would do it, and while the concept is nice, I think that in the end I would trade some characters in favor of newcomers. I am cautiously optimistic going forword, but otherwise I can't really complain.

Inkling - 90% - While I was hopping for a bit more playing around with their ink, otherwise I have no complaints.

Ridley - 100% - It's been a long time coming. Honestly can't really think of any complaints here.

Daisy - 50% - A low effort budget clone of a character I don't really care about. I have no strong opinions here.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Time to rate those Satisfactions.

Ice Climbers: 100% - They are among my favourite characters in the franchise. I’m so happy they came home.

Inkling: 95% - A very deserving choice with a fun looking move pool. I can’t wait to fill the stage with ink.

Ridley: 80% - I still remember how hard fans clamoured for him even in the pre-Brawl days. A deserving pick.

Daisy: 75% - The character I didn’t know I wanted until I saw her. Her expressions and style fit her perfectly.

Pichu: 70% - Here’s a veteran that no one saw coming. He still looks like the joke character and yet I love him all the more for it.

Snake: 60% - WOW!! CALLING TO THE NIGHT MIGHT ACTUALLY RETURN!!!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!
...................oh and snake coming back is kind of cool I guess.

Wolf: 50% - I honestly prefer his old look.

Pokemon Trainer: 40% - At least Ivysaur’s coming back.

Young Link: 10% - This is the only veteran who feels completely pointless. The introduction of Toon Link made him redundant.

All Vets: 70% - This is difficult to rate. Although I’m happy for all the fans of these characters who no longer have to worry about them being cut, I also fear that we’re not going to get many newcomers because of this.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Satisfaction...

Snake - 70% (Not a character I wanted a whole lot, but I'm happy for his fans)

Ice Climbers - 90% (Very happy to see them return)

Wolf - 70% (Same as Snake, not a character I care much about but I'm happy for his fans)

Pokemon Trainer - 75% (It's cool to see, I didn't miss them a whole lot but it's nice to have them back)

Young Link - 20% (I don't really see why we needed a third link, but I guess you can't say "everyone is here" without bringing Young Link back too)

Inkling - 90% (Happy to see them get in)

Pichu - 30% (Kinda the same as Young Link, but I like him a little more)

Ridley - 85% (Really cool character, looks fun to play and I'm happy for everyone who wanted him)

Daisy - 50% (I'm not all that hyped, but being a clone....or "echo" of Peach makes sense. If her thread is any indication she has a dedicated fanbase too)

No Cuts - 75% (It's cool but it also means characters like Young Link and Pichu came back, which I'm not that fussed about)

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Satisfaction Ratings

Ice Climbers: 5%

- Meh. I hardly used them in Melee.

Pokemon Trainer: 50%

- Rather indifferent. It’s cool to see Ivysaur and Squirtle back, though. Female Trainer is also a nice bonus.

Ridley: 1%

- I never cared for him but his fanbase was rewarded for their patience.

Snake: 20%

- Meh.

Wolf: 15%

- Meh. His new design looks cool, though.

Daisy: 40%

- Well, his dedicated fans were rewarded.

Pichu: 1%

- I see its gimmick is still there...

Inkling: 7%

- Meh. Nice use of their arsenal and ink gimmick.

Y. Link: 8%

- Meh. I hope he’s not too much like Toon Link.

No Cuts: 0%

- All the fat is back with even extra fat it just feels unhealthy. I was hoping they’d cut down on the fat and we got the complete opposite of that. Ganondorf looks cool and Zelda looks cute, I guess.

andimidna

Smash Master
Satisfaction:

Inkling: 100%

They had the great trailer, use the unique weapons from the game, have the squid mechanic. Everything. While I thought it’d be a little flashier, that might just be not having the best footage of everything.

ICs: 95%

They really just threw them in there with no build up oml. It really was reveal after reveal. Obviously they can’t wobble anymore. I also heard they got a new side b but haven’t seen it yet. Cool though

Pokémon Trainer: 99%

This really felt like it was out of nowhere being a vet almost no one expected just thrown in there. They got rid of the stamina mechanic and brought in the female trainer like people wanted in smash 4.

Snake: 98%

Had some build up even if no full blown video. Haven’t heard of any changes but he already was unique and interesting, so he doesn’t need any.

Pichu: 85%

So cute, but his mechanic doesn’t really work on a super light character. It would’ve been a whole lot more interesting on Celica. Not saying she can’t still be a thing at all; using her health isn’t her only thing. I just don’t see a FE newcomer happening if not as DLC, and by that point FE Switch would be the focus. Basically, I’m just worried his percent will rack up quick and he won’t even be able to use that rage before dying from being so light. Which is too bad bc the concept is interesting and Lucario is the only character like that really.

Young Link: 15%

I don’t think he needed to be here at all. It’s cool to see, but Toon Link is a Young Link. OoT adult Link is just as much TP Link is just as much BotW Link as Toon Link is Young Link. They’re technically different people as the same reincarnation depicted in different artstyles and different ages. I get why it might have looked weird to say “everyone” without doing this, but I always thought Toon Link was a bad name. If they changed his name to Young Link everyone would’ve understood. There’s no way much time went into this and I don’t dislike the design, so it’s not a bad thing, but I’m sick of LoZ only getting Links, Zeldas, and Ganon. There’s so many other interesting fan favorites that have shined, and there’s no reason they should be barred from being playable because they aren’t at the same iconic status of the 3 main characters.

Wolf: 85%

I would’ve shown him right after “Everybody is back” since almost everyone thought of him next lmao. People were kinda left in the dark knowing he’d be back but wanting to see him until the very end. Otherwise, he looks good and it was nice to see that side b spike and the changed final smashes

Daisy: 100%

I wanted her as an alt or a clone so bad. I didn’t think she warranted a unique character, but did warrant this and I love it. It’s even a bit more than I wanted. When they said “one more echo fighter” I literally shouted out “Daisy?!” in the discord call

Ridley: 99%

It was about time. That trailer was everything too. I wanna see that move that does a million percent fixed though sksksks

I would’ve been mad to see Rosa, Palutena, Bayonetta, Robin, Corrin, Wii Fit, Villy, Ryu etc cut and I’m glad even Lucina got to stay. The last game brought my favorite set of newcomers and it would’ve sucked to scrap them. I wasn’t counting on cuts and didnt want them.
The only thing that looks messy to me is 3 Links ew. This could’ve been the excuse to completely overhaul Link and treat Young Link as the classic Link, but no. Didn’t happen

No nominations yet?

Last edited:
Top Bottom