• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Masked Link

Chance: 5%
How many Links can we afford to have again? We shot down Young Link over this, who even had veterancy going for him. Now the idea is to elect someone who's just as unlikely, but without the convenience of cloning the moveset.

Want: 1%
Aren't we already past this era of Legend of Zelda games? Whatever, no personal connection here.

B. B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 0.5%
Boy, if anything, these joke nominations are really pushing these percentage ratings farther down than I thought I'd have to make them. For God's sake, we don't even have any Fossil Fighter representatives. These guys don't stand a chance.

Want: 0%
At least they're on the same day as the EA conference, making them only the second most disappointing thing waste of time for the day.

Nominations
Ninten x5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Masked Link

Chances: 1%
He really just gets beat out by other Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Midna, Etc. Not to mention this would be our third Link, which I doubt would be added, ESPECIALLY now that regular link is already getting a new moveset. It'd really be more like adding TWO new Links to smash than just one.

Want: 30%
He, assuming this means he won't just be a clone again, would be extremely interesting, though I must say that I'd rather have Skull Kid

Double abstain for BB Bandits, as I have no Idea who they are.

Nominations: Louie x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Double Abstaining for the BB Bandits as I'm not familiar with them.

Masked Link

Chance: 1%
Transformation characters seem to be in limbo at the moment, the focus for Zelda has moved to other games then Majora's Mask, and popularity-wise he's beaten out by characters like Midna and Skull Kid. The concept has potential, but I don't think it's enough to have Sakurai go back to the character.

Want: 25%
I like the concept, but I'd rather have other Zelda characters.

Nomination: Monster Hunter Character x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Masked Young Link

Chance: 10%
As fun of a concept as this is, I don't see it happening. Toon Link has effectively taken Young Link's place on the roster, and with the regular Link's design shifting to the one seen in Twilight Princess, and now Breath of the Wild, it makes sense that Young Link, as an Ocarina of Time character, would be replaced by another, more current kid Link. That said, though, both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are very popular, and were also both remade for 3DS, so it could happen, with Toon Link remaining a smaller clone of Link, while Young Link gets a more original moveset based on Majora's Mask.

Want: 70%
Majora's Mask is awesome, so I'd love to see Young Link use his abilities from that game! With all the masks in the game, there are a ton of possibilities for him - Fierce Deity Link could be the Final Smash, for example! I think it's a really fun idea.

B.B Gang Trio

Assuming Fossil Fighters was to get a character in Smash, I would guess the protagonist would show up before these guys. They're villains, and Smash has never had a villain show up before a hero for any series. That said, if Fossil Fighters miraculously gets a huge wave of content in Smash 5, getting the protagonist and these guys, I guess it could happen? I definitely don't think it's likely at all though.

While I've never played Fossil Fighters, but I remember hearing about it back when it first released and I've been meaning to give it a try at some point. But just going off of what I know right now, I'd want the hero in Smash more than the villains, just because the series doesn't have any characters yet.

-----

Nomination:
DeMille x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So some housekeeping. An updated noms list will come soon, do not worry. As for the E3, schedule, i have decided to skip favorite days of E3 so far to let everyone have some extra time to vote to save from a purge. Tomorrow we got our E3 predictions. Now for some scores.

Lara Croft
12.80% Chance
39.30% Want

For a third party character that has a lot of competition, a decent set of scores. I expected a lower want scores but she pulled through.

Bubsy
0.67% Chance
9.82% Want

Let it be known that we want a genuine sex offender from a bad movie more than Bubsy.

Brash the Friggen Bear
0.27% Chance
6.73% Want

Don't tell Brash or he will go into a tantrum.

Cranky Kong
16.04% Chance
48.00% Want

Higher than Funky Kong, once again good DK kontent is welcome on DK Vine Smashboards.

Gengar
3.05% Chance
42.17% Want

I expected low scores, but people seem to have a twinge of nostalgia for the ghostly pokemon.

Yarne/Owain Tag Team
0.09% Chance
9.19% Want

To be blunt, the main reason I did these double days was just so people had extra chances at noms just so they could save from the purge and I was bored. I did not want to mess with the schedule either tbh and bring up stuff that did not make the original 9 cutoff.

Erureido Erureido gets 5 noms for Bubsy, Sid-cada Sid-cada gets 5 noms for Lara Croft, ShinyRegice ShinyRegice gets 5 noms for Cranky Kong, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming gets 5 noms for Brash the Friggen Bear, Cycrum Cycrum gets 10 noms for Yarne/Owain, and Sid-cada Sid-cada gets 5 noms for Gengar. You all will have until Midnight on Tuesday, 6/12, to use your noms. Once Tuesday strikes, the purge is in effect.

Troykv

Smash Master
Aren't we suppose to talk about our favorite RTC Days and the E3 Predictions this time?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Are we still rating?

BB Bandit Trio Want: 44%

You know what, lemme just take one for the team here. I'm probably one of the only users who played the first Fossil Fighters, and while the trio is not the character I'd want from it, I'd appreciate anybody from the awesome game.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I've been absent and without Internet for the last week and a half....

I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED BRASH THE FRIGGIN BEAR UGGGGGGGH

anyways I'm back bc somebody's gotta nom my boy Tingle

_________________________________________________________________________-

Masked Young Link

the cards are not in Young Link's favor, especially if he's shooting for a unique character slot. Zelda has a ton of potential newcomers, and having yet another Link instead of one of the hugely popular requested characters would be a weird move. MM has also fallen back a little in terms of relevancy. Only way I see this happening is if Sakurai wanted to represent different Zelda races within one character, but with transformers being done away with last game I think he's missed his shot.

Want: 10%
the idea is pretty rad, but I would rather see MM represented with Skull Kid and having three different Links on the roster sounds lame.

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 1%
Fossil Fighters is unlikely to get a character as is, these three are almost impossible. If anything we'll see the main protag kiddos or the T-Rex Vivosaur.

Want: 1%
They look like dumb Team Rocket ripoffs but that girl is p cute so they get 1 point for that

noms: Tingle x5

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Masked Young Link

Chance: 0%
Too many Links at this point.

Want: 5%
I wouldn't want multiple Links, but I'm willing to look on the bright side -- Masked Young Link would undoubtedly have a cool moveset. But including this version of Link better not mean they overlook Skull Kid.

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 0%

Who even are these people?!

Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa x5

:131:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Funny that I got extra nominations from a legit character from the schedule and not from one of the joke characters like I thought I would have gotten if people were a bit more liberal about just giving flat zeroes to characters with negligible chances rather than 0.5% or something just because "nothing is absolutely impossible". Gonna use them now, and distributing them towards different things to minimize the risks of seeing them vanish because I give my noms to one single thing that happens to be confirmed at E3... even though at the same time it increases the risks of nominating at least one thing that's later confirmed but I prefer to lower the chances of my noms being utilized to the fullest rather than increasing the risks of having them fully vanished.

Returning game mode: Smash Run x2
Concept: Battlefield form stages x2
Returning fighter: Bayonetta x1

And less than 24 hours before the Direct, I'm so excited about the thought of having actually seen the next Smash tomorrow at the same hour!

Edit: since this day was supposed to be the day for favorite days for this edition of RTC, why not post mines? I know this is still officially the day for Masked Link and B.B. Bandits but I don't pretend that the ratings should be closed early just because I post my favorite days of RTC, in other words why not make them overlap? So here's my top 3 favorite days of this edition of RTC:

Number one: Day 1: King K. Rool
My analysis didn't go particularly deep, and that post is not anywhere near being a wall of text, but I put it number 1 because it simply was the first day of the DLC edition of RTC as well as because of the special circumstances behind which I learned about the new Smash game. Back then I occasionally looked at what would come from Nintendo, but I didn't follow news very regularly. Then on March 8 I just learn there's a new Nintendo Direct coming... in only ten minutes?! Dang, I was lucky so I don't learn about a new Nintendo Direct only after it's over. So I go on my Smashboards account I have not used since a few months to joke about how close to the Direct's broadcast I learn about it, then I watch the Direct. Learning about the new Smash game at the end of it makes me realize at how lucky I was, because missing THAT... it would have been disappointing, although still exciting because it's Smash Bros. But by watching it live it only came with the excitement, amplified by how close I was to miss it. My K. Rool rating came less than half a day after, at an hour I had absolutely no idea I would post on Smashboards's Rate Their Chances the day before. And what better for that to give my first rating to the first-party character whose reveal would hype me up the most?

Number two: Day 70: Mimikyu
Unlike K. Rool, my analysis for Mimikyu did go deep, and it's one of the few characters for which I really went deep. I liked to mention Mimikyu's profile as a mascot of the modern Pokémon era as well as its potential. Sakurai mentioned how characters must "dance" in his mind and Mimikyu's likely the character who does that the most for me when it comes to potential newcomer, so I liked to share these views. There's also the fact I went against the common consensus about Decidueye being the frontrunner, that's an opinion I can respect, but I liked to give my argument against it.
The only thing I didn't like in my rating was lowering it from an intended 40% to 32% because of the Let's Go games rumors, but since it's been confirmed that these are spin-offs and not a new generation — which as I originally expected it is set to release next year — I now have no reason to believe they affect the chances of getting any generation 7 Pokémon as a newcomer. Ironic since I expected Mimikyu to be underrated yet I ended up giving it lower chances than the final score because of that.
Also I just fixed one very ugly typo in my Mimikyu rating more than three weeks late... somehow it feels like it's been much longer than that since we rated Mimikyu.

Number three: Day 24: DUNKEY SMASH ANALYSIS APRIL FOOLS
I was expecting something for April Fools' day, but not something so... unsubtle. At first I didn't really like the concept of the serious day being off for that day to instead have 100% silliness, but then thought why not participate in this rather than being the killjoy? So I started imagining something in my mind, then the rest followed. I liked how my post contrasted to that of other people's, as my approach to April Fools' day was to write a story which happened to be a mockery of silly unfalsifiable ad hoc hypotheses and grandiose conspiracy theories that can irrationally make anything look possible as a justification to how Kirby and Zelda would somehow not be basically guaranteed to return in the next Smash game. Also I love my joke about Tony the Tiger as a clone of Incineroar (my joke Tony the Tiger rating was closer to the style of what you'd see in other posts in this thread during that day).

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
I'll use my extra nominations as well...

All-Star Versus x10

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
OK I have Food Poisoning, so excpet late calcs and noms list. Today we are gonna do the E3 predictions. Predict what characters Nintendo will reveal and other Nintendo Stuff.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I guess this'll double as a prediction.
E3 Bingo.png

Troykv

Smash Master
The only character I can predict 99% will appear in the Nintendo E3 Presentation are the Ice Climbers.

For other stuff DBFZ Switch seems very likely.

Also Yoshi will finally get a freaking name and a release game.

Fire Emblem will be annouced, and we'll get some idea about release day (at least the Season, it seems very likely it will be a December game)

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
In both Brawl and Smash 4, the first E3 announcement included the super obvious character (Wario/MK and Villager), the wild card (Pit/ZSS and Wii Fit), and the hype 3rd-party (Snake and Mega Man). Therefore, I predict that they'll reveal Spring Man, Mallo (from Pushmo, not Mario RPG) and Sora. Aside from Smash, no predictions, I just hope to be surprised (EBA 2 or riot).

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Will the person who gets the most stuff right get rewarded with a buch of extra noms?

For Smash we'll get about 4 newcomers (who probably don't have enough potential for their own trailer) revealed quickly after eachother like Brawl's trailer, then ending with a 3rd party character trailer, which is I predict to be Rayman. Sakurai won't go much into detail on the revealed newcomers due to little time.

The Fire Emblem Switch game gets revealed, unfortunately the Waifuism doesn't seem to toned down.

We'll finally see the Yoshi game again, this time it actually has a title.

Mario Oddysey gets free DLC in form of a Isle Delfino kingdom along with new costumes.

Instead of Mario Kart 9, Mario Kart 8 gets continued support with more characters and racetracks.

Retro's new project gets revealed and it's NOT Star Fox Grand Prix.

A new F-Zero gets confirmed to be in development through a teaser like last year with MP4.

More Dream Friends revealed for Star Allies. Magolor, Taranza and Susie.

Short reminder on Mario Tennis.

Pikmin 4 finally shown, featuring Joycon pointer controlls. Releases only a month later in July.

We'll get to see more on SMT5.

Bandai Namco reveals an exclusive Katamari game for the Switch.

Konami reveals their two Switch games, being a new Contra and a MGS collection.

Sega shows Sonic Racing.

Some critically aclaimed AAA title from the past three years gets a Switch port.

Both Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD get ported to the Switch.

Wonderfull 101 gets ported to the Switch.

Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer.

Metroid Prime 4 CGI only trailer.

Everything on that leaked list with Fortnite and Palladins is real.

New Punch Out game, mostly featuring boxers from the SNES punch out.

N64 classic confirmed.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Star Fox Grand Prix will be real, and it'll feature the return of older characters like Krystal.

Since Splatoon 2 is getting a huge focus, I predict we'll get more coverage of it's DLC along with more amiibo because Japan basically devours every bit of Splatoon merch. Probably a three-pack with the Octolings.

I'll also take a random guess and say that a new DK game will be revealed.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
FE Switch trailer + whatever protagonist is in it confirmed for Smash
New Mysterious Murasame Castle game on Switch
Mario Maker port

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man, I haven't been this hyped for an E3 in a while. I need to calm down a bit since I really don't want to be bummed when everything goes downhill.

So, what I predict from E3:
  • Reveal of the silhouettes, including all vets who were starter characters in Melee (minus the ones who were unlockable in 64)
  • Gameplay of Inklings
  • New stages based on Breath of the Wild and Odyssey
  • Gameplay of vets, showing minor changes to Link and Mario.
  • Two newcomers announced throughout the presentation (one of them third party), with a third revealed at the Treehouse and a fourth at the invitational (again, one of them third party)
  • Return of some Picture of the Day thing
  • An official release date to coincide with the online service
Also, not Smash related:
  • More ports for WiiU exclusives to Switch - Wonder101 seems like a good choice, or Skyward Sword
  • Metroid Prime 4 is announced, but really nothing major is shown
  • Silhouettes of the Pokemon Gen 8 starters are shown, along with the reveal of this generation's in-your-face character
  • Details from Pokemon Let's Go
  • Fire Emblem 16 is shown
  • DLC for Splatoon
  • New Wave of amiibo

Still, I don't know if anything beyond a Ridley and/or K.Rool reveal would make me go crazy. Here's a few things that are completely unlikely, but would really hype me up to the point where I wouldn't care about anything else...
  • Hyrule Warriors gets a DLC Adventure map based on BotW with the 4 champions playable
  • Ridley is finally made into a full character with the most awesome announcement trailer imaginable.
  • Todd Howard comes out with a mode for Skyrim Switch where you can use amiibo (like Ridley) to fight bonus bosses. Segues into a Dovahkiin for Smash reveal
  • Charizard is shown to be back together with Squirtle and Ivysaur, and he keeps Flare Blitz

But let's face it - E3 will only bring disappointment, so here's what I really expect:
  • Several character reveals, all of which I've rated 0% in want
  • Ridley is confined to being a stage hazard once more
  • Link's moveset is completely changed. Ganondorf, however, stays exactly the same, including keeping his derplord model.
  • All vets who were ever in Smash return...except Squirtle and Ivysaur
  • Smash is revealed to be unfinished, yet will be rushed for the holiday season and therefore be incomplete
  • Nothing for single players beyond Smash Tour

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
The Vergeben leak is real and we will see Ridley, Ice Climbers and Simon Belmont.

I see it coming, although I hope I'm wrong.

I really do not have many characters to wait for.

ARMS Characters is a very young game.
Nintendo Labo... maybe, although I could also be pretty young.

Maybe Mipha, Bandana Dee, I do not think they'll introduce a pokemon at E3 and Third-party Rayman.

It really is very difficult to decide.

And in general, Animal Crossing, Mario Party or Pikmin...

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Nyot the best at making predictions, but here's my prediction for Nintendo E3 2018 nya.

Start with a character reveal for Smash 5 nya. I think it'll either be a Mario, Pokemon, DK, or Zelda character nya.
Smash info; including returning veterans, returning and nyu stages, items, all that magical catnip pudding nya. Inkling gameplay will be shown to nyobodies surprise. And we'll get the name and release date for the game nya. Winter 2018 or early 2019 nya (gotta brace myself for delays sadly nya).
Nyu trailer for MP4, with gameplay in it and Sylux being shown nya.
More info on Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee nya.
More Kirby SA content nya.
Yoshi game gets a name nya.
Trailer and name for the nyu FE game we nyo nyothing nyabout.
Something nyo one saw coming in a thousand years nya.
Nyu costume(s) in Super Mario Odyssey nya.
Ports nya.
DBFZ Switch Port
Fortnite Port
Whatever game Retro Studios is working on nya.
End with nyanother smash character revel nya. Which may be a Mario, Pokemon, DK, or Zelda character nya. If Ridley's gonya be miraculously in the game, this would be the best time to show him imo nya.

Hoping for:
Animal Crossing for the Switch.
Super Mario Galaxy 3
MK8D DLC
Nyu DKC game with K. Rool in it nya.
Something Zelda related nya.
Info on Monoliths next game
Something magical, whatever that is nya.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Will the person who gets the most stuff right get rewarded with a buch of extra noms?

For Smash we'll get about 4 newcomers (who probably don't have enough potential for their own trailer) revealed quickly after eachother like Brawl's trailer, then ending with a 3rd party character trailer, which is I predict to be Rayman. Sakurai won't go much into detail on the revealed newcomers due to little time.

The Fire Emblem Switch game gets revealed, unfortunately the Waifuism doesn't seem to toned down.

We'll finally see the Yoshi game again, this time it actually has a title.

Mario Oddysey gets free DLC in form of a Isle Delfino kingdom along with new costumes.

Instead of Mario Kart 9, Mario Kart 8 gets continued support with more characters and racetracks.

Retro's new project gets revealed and it's NOT Star Fox Grand Prix.

A new F-Zero gets confirmed to be in development through a teaser like last year with MP4.

More Dream Friends revealed for Star Allies. Magolor, Taranza and Susie.

Short reminder on Mario Tennis.

Pikmin 4 finally shown, featuring Joycon pointer controlls. Releases only a month later in July.

We'll get to see more on SMT5.

Bandai Namco reveals an exclusive Katamari game for the Switch.

Konami reveals their two Switch games, being a new Contra and a MGS collection.

Sega shows Sonic Racing.

Some critically aclaimed AAA title from the past three years gets a Switch port.

Both Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD get ported to the Switch.

Wonderfull 101 gets ported to the Switch.

Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer.

Metroid Prime 4 CGI only trailer.

Everything on that leaked list with Fortnite and Palladins is real.

New Punch Out game, mostly featuring boxers from the SNES punch out.

N64 classic confirmed.
Please make this true.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not in the mood to do predictions, so I'll just jump straight into using those extra nominations:

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5
Bayonetta (Bayonetta): x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
E3 Predictions
  • Third-party / upcoming games rundown at beginning:
    • Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Fortnite, Monster Hunter XX, basically everything on this leak here
  • Pikmin 4, long time coming, been considered almost done for a while now
  • Some info on Bayonetta 3
  • Yoshi's Flipping Island or whatever its going to be called
  • Metroid Prime 4 info
  • Kirby Star Allies Wave 2 DLC Release Date
  • The Star Fox Grand Prix rumor turns out to be real
  • Fire Emblem 16 is revealed
  • Going over some more Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu! and Lets Go Eevee! information
  • Probably some Wii U ports or Labo or something I don't care about
  • Peach in Mario Odyssey DLC, considering that recent official tweet of Peach getting facial animations akin to Mario
  • Ends on Smash Bros.
    • Ice Climbers are revealed as characters alongside some other people (Snake, Ridley, and Simon Belmont if those leaks are legit)
Probably some surprise reveals in there somewhere too. Hopefully Animal Crossing.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm going to make some predictions for Nintendo's E3:
+The Smash Bros will include at least 3 or 5 character reveals - One of them will be Ridley. The other characters might be the ones implicated by the Vergeben Leak - Simon Belmont, Snake, Ice Climbers, and maybe someone else completely left field, like say Takamaru.
+Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch will be revealed
+Bayonetta 3 will be properly shown off
+Metroid Prime 4 gameplay will be shown, and more story details.
+Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion will be shown off, and hopefully given a release date either after the Presentation, or on the 8/8/18. :p
+Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch will be shown off
+Third-Party Games will be shown off - as implicated by some leaks - Fortnite, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Paladins, etc.
+More details on Octopath Traveller
+Further details on Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
+More details on Star-Link, that new game from Ubisoft that's featuring Star Fox.
+Talking more about Nintendo Switch Online
+Travis Strikes Back is given another look
+Xenoblade 2 Expansion Pack's new story will be given a look at.

These are my general predictions. They might be a bit same-y compared to everyone, but these are just predictions.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Veteran: Corrin x297
Eevee x267
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x259
Lloyd Irving x255
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x250
Kamek x243
Sakura Shinguji x243

Over 200:

Wonder Red x237
Sable Prince x232
Linkle x225
Ryu Hayabusa x220
Tingle x219
Parabo & Satebo x204
Neku Sakuraba x204
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x203

199-150

Scorpion x191
Slippy Toad x189
Ray x188
Labo Guy/Robot x185
Concept: Monster Hunter character x185
Leon Kennedy x180
Tetra x179
DeMille x178
Balloon Fighter x177
Papyrus x175
Django x165
[Rerate] King K. Rool x165
Primarina x160
Thwomp x156
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fawful x154
Katrielle Layton x151
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Tsubasa Oribe x150

149-100

Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x130
Arcade Bunny x120
Louie x120
Barbara x119
Dragonite x117
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
2B x111
Octoling x110
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x103
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x100
Smash Run x100
Meowth x100

99-75

Veteran: Bayonetta x95
Viewtful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Neptune x90
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x85
Susie x84
Klonoa x82
Tora & Poppi x82
Ayumi Tachibana x82
Mach Rider x80
Rowlet x80
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x76
Fjorm x75
Concept: Female Announcer x75
Concept: Transformation characters x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Stage: New Donk City x70
Veteran: Dr. Mario x66
Breidablik Item x65
Nikki x65
Starfy x64
Zeraora (Pokémon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Concept: Battlefield Stages x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Yu Narakumi x61
Viridi x57
Slime x56
Tails x55
Rick/Coo/Kine x55
Concept: All-Star Versus x55
Concept: Wars character x53
Concept: Style Savvy character x53
Veteran: Roy x51
Concept: Historical Character x50
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50

49-30:

Concept: Indie Character x38
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Solaire x34
Ninten x34
Doshin the Giant x32
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x31
Snorlax x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
T-Rex x25

24 and less:

Concept: No Mega Evolutions x20
Concept: Boss Battles x15
Joker x15
Demifiend from SMT3 x15
Rhythm Girl x15
Dr. Wright x11
Concept: Multiple Voice Acting Options x10
Concept: Pac Man World-based Moveset x10
Master Chief x10
Concept: SMT Protagonist x10
Teddy x10
Black Mage x6
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Blastoise x5
Ashley Miziku Robbins x5
Mushashi x5
Concept: 16-Player Smash x5
Concept: DLC Announcers x5
Fiora x5
Muddy Mole x5
Andross x5
Mametchi x5
Increased gen 1 content after pokemon let's go x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2
Stage: Metal Caverns x2

Stay tuned for the E3 extravagenza where we remove the characters and concepts that have been confirmed or disconfirmed!

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
travis touch down. 2B. sora i got a feeling 1 of those 3 will be announced this direct but ive been wrong so many times before.

Bandana Dee I really want. more FF characters red mage plz

i cant really pin point alot of it.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
My bet for Nintendo's E3, on top of my head:

Games other than Smash that we already know about:
- That new Yoshi game gets a greater gameplay overview with a late summer 2018 release window
- Fire Emblem 16 gets a full reveal with a holiday 2018 release window
- Metroid Prime 4 gets a teaser with an early 2019 release window
- Bayonetta 3 gets another teaser but nothing else
- Little to no time spent on Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee plus the ports (Crash N-Sane Trilogy, Wolfenstein 2, Okami) that we already know about, since they're all coming out this summer
- Some extra info on Kirby Star Allies DLC, Xenoblade 2 DLC and Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion (plus new DLC for Mario Odyssey)
- Konami announces whatever they're working on for the Switch
- Also a big overview of Nintendo Switch Online

Games that are rumored/not confirmed/that I expect:
- Star Fox Grand Prix if rumors come true, and if they don't, whatever Retro's really working on
- Another Wii U port, most likely The Wonderful 101
- Metroid Prime Trilogy port
- A bunch of third party ports: Fortnite, Dragon Ball FighterZ, GTA 5, Diablo 3, Fallout 4, an Assassin's Creed port (probably any game prior to Syndicate)
- Ridge Racer 8 gets revealed (has been heavily rumored: https://wccftech.com/ridge-racer-8-switch-exclusive-metroid/)
- Pikmin 4 finally gets revealed
- A new Animal Crossing gets announced
- a Mario Maker sequel gets announced

What I expect from Smash at the presentation:
- 3-4 newcomer reveals, with 1 big unexpected hype-inducing third party character (Crash maybe?), then a couple high-caliber first party newcomers as well as a left-field newcomer, plus Inklings
- Ice Climbers are confirmed to come back (maybe Snake as well if the Vergeben's "insider information" ends up real)
- The veterans hidden in the shadows in the teaser are all revealed, plus a few other ones
- We get a glimpse of a new Story mode, halfway in between Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary

As you can tell, I went pretty safe with this one.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I think Vergeben's correct. We'll most likely see Ridley, and quite possibly see Simon and possibly Snake/Icies, with emphasis on no cuts.
Outside of Vergeben Rumors, a new pokemon/mario rep is pretty likely imo but also rayman/DK could be possible.
Metroid gets more footage, Star fox rumors are true, and a mario maker/mario party title is announced
Pikmin 4 or Yoshi get featured but not both.
Now for my out-there guesses:
Smash 5 has a thing similar to mario kart 8's cc modes which changes gravity and hitstun.
Melee HD/Mother 3 port announced
F-Zero announced

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Meh, surprise me, Nintendo. I just hope they can keep the hype going like they demonstrated last year.

Nominations
Ninten x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Predictions, eh?

I have this gut feeling about a F-Zero teaser for 2019. Unlikely, but maaaaan...

Ninten x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm predicting FE16's main lord will be an axe user and that the Vergeben leak is right.

Also if a non-Vergeben newcomer is shown, I'm banking on Captain Toad.

K. Rool x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom