• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Lymphoid Irving

Chance - 30%. He's possible, I guess. I just can't see us getting more than one Namco character, and that one character is Heihachi.

Want - 50%. I have no personal connection to him, but his inclusion would essentially disconfirm Heihachi. I really don't want him, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

WAN-DA

Chance - 3%. Her brief popularity was all a bandwagon based on a fake leak. She didn't even get a Mii costume in Smash 4. I wouldn't count on it.

Want - 50%. Like Lloyd, she disconfirms Heihachi. That's good enough for me.

Nominations: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content x5.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I did the satisfaction ratings for Byleth and the FP.

Byleth: 58.34%

Fighter Pass: 75.18%

Surprising no one, Byleth has the lowest satisfaction score yet, beating Hero's (68.57%) by over 10%. Your move, Pokémon.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'll take this opportunity to say something and... well, I don't have much to say.

Lloyd Irving.

Chance: 40%

The ever present posterboy of Smash Flash, now actually in the running for Smash Bros legit (though seriously, the campaign for Lloyd started because of SSF?), he's probably the most popular Tales Of character in Nintendo circles, the one that got a Mii Custome in Smash 4, a nice honor for a franchise that didn't have anything to do with Smash before (specially because the more popular games overall are more Play Station and PC stuff); probably the Namco character with the largest supporters, able to compete with the actual big titans of the Namco like Heihaichi. Also, playing with dual wielding can have some potential interesting quirks depending how it's implemented.

Want: 50%

I don't have connection to the Tales Of series, I guess he would be nice, I'm mostly hoping his fans get something they enjoy if he arrives in Smash Ultimate.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%

KOS-MOS is a weird case of a character that feels both quite obscure, but also quite popular. She is far from the first choice for a Namco Character, but the possibility of happening feels so real despite that sound kind of ridiculous. I personally believe KOS-MOS would benefit of biases, though that can't carry her that much unless some kind of deal is made.

Want: 70%

I actually kind of like KOS-MOS, her design it's cool and very pretty, and I'm open for more female characters in Smash, specially if they have something going for them.

Predictions:

Dante: 33.4%
Wright, Phoenix Wright: 26.5%

Nominations:

Agumon x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ok I'm gonna step in and end the day now since I think TCT might be busy with something.

Day over.

Rate Phoenix Wright and Dante.

Predict Vault Boy from Fallout, Doomguy from Doom, and Dovahkiin from Elder Scrolls.

Megadoomer Megadoomer I call upon thee for your title changing powers once more.

----------

Music Post

Some songs to get into the Phoenix Wright mood:

Some songs to get into the Dante mood:

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Capcom bois from two series I really need to play someday.

Dante Chance: 65%, though he's under a condition. Dante is way likelier to get in the first three slots than the last three, of which he is too hype. But my analysis will tell me that while I don't predict him outright, I see him as a prime candidate for the first spot outside of Crash. Dante has come back to roaring success and gotten a Nintendo release too late to matter in Volume 1, but just in time for Volume 2. The character is popular among both Smash fans and an audience not already into Smash Bros. Dante is definitely a frontrunner for the first spot barring any potential game changing leaks, I think.

Phoenix Chance: 45%, also under a condition. Phoenix becomes the frontrunner for Capcom with slots 4 and 5, as opposed to 1/2/3. This is a character who is much more likely later on as, while a big deal to the Smash fandom, he's not that big and makes more sense to reveal later. Phoenix has been asked for for many years, and will likely remain a popular request. That being said, I honest to god expect an Ace Attorney Spirit Board event in the future, so I don't think he's showing up this time.

Dante Want: 50%. I've seen his games, and he looks really cool in them! Yet, I've heard horror stories about how broken he is in another game. Still, he and his games are cool, and I've seen enough movesets to approximate how he'd play even if I don't have hands-on experience with the character. Also, Devil Trigger in Smash would be a godsend.

Phoenix Want: 35%. On the bright side, I'm friends with quite a good few many Ace Attorney fans. I'm sure they'd be happy to see him on the big screen with some of gaming's finest. On the other... I'm not exactly convinced his moveset would be terribly interesting, even if it exists. But then again, that would mean Cornered could be in Smash, so that seems cool.

Vault Boy was never in the speculation circle, so 7.20%. Doom Slayer is considered dead, so 0.97%. The Dragonborn stands out as the likeliest Bethesda character, 16.58%. Paper Mario x 5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thanks Sari. Hate to say it but we might have to consider giving you permanent new day job. I feel bad for TCT though

Phoenix
Chance 5%
Want 10%
I just don't see it happening, probably perfect for Mii Costume. I know he's been in a fighting game before, but I just think there are other Capcom characters who would appeal to Sakurai more, Amaterasu has better moveset potential and I see it's style appealing to Sakurai more. Monster Hunter is also another big competition. And then of course you have....

Dante
Chance 40%
Want 30%
Dante has pretty much everything going for him at this point. He's got style, he's in the public eye, he's no lack of moveset. And he would really go well with Bayonetta. I like it when Smash does that, it's why I want Agumon to be the next namco character

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

Predictions
Vault Boy 0.3%
Doomguy 9.4%
Dovahkin 12%

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Bayonetta
Chance: 50%; Between the switch ports and the megaton of leaks, he is pretty likely. As well, Capcom likes the DMC series almost as much as they like AA.
Want: 100%: Between weapon switching and styles, Dante could be sick. It would be AWESOME if they incorporated rankings as well basing off of how long you did a combo. Plus, THE MUSIC!
Not Apollo Justice
Chance: 50%; As i said earlier, Capcom likes AA, and Phoenix is popular as a suggestion. And Capcom WILL get another character, trust me.
Want:100%: Phoenix was awesome in MvC3, and he could be even cooler in Smash. Plus, Ace Attorney music is always a blessing.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5
Also, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , when are nominations solidified for top 7?

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd

Chance: 90%
One of Namco's best and most likely candidates. We don't have yet a dual-sword user and his gameplay would likely include elements from the Tales of series. Fun and unique are of utmost importance in new characters, even moreso DLC ones... there's also a certain iconic status required... and I can see all that in Lloyd. A shame he's the go-to Tales of boy since he's not even in the top 10 of most popular characters in the series, not to mention others from the series like Velvet would be even more interesting but oh well.

Want: 50%
I'm not too particular on Lloyd but I enjoyed playing some Tales of games quite a bit. While Sorey was fairly meh, the rest of the cast was enough to keep the story interesting in Zestiria and then came Berseria with Velvet... stealing #1 for me. If we were to get Velvet, I'd rate her 100% want for sure! Lloyd, I played his game and... eh. He's a typical stupid, brash, hot-headed shounen protagonist for the most part.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%
Ugh... still ashamed that I read Capcom as Namco in my previous post when typing it. *ahem* That aside, there was an interview where a market analysis wasn't in favour of a remake of Xenosaga as it was judged likely not to be profitable enough. That said, for talks to happen even today (don't forget they did get past the first stage) means the series and KOS-MOS aren't forgotten. Even today, Monolith holds them dear so it would make some sense to use Smash as a footstool of sorts to shoot KOS-MOS up there in renown as an advertising stunt. She does offer great potential for a fun and unique moveset after all + she's had quite a number of cameos and is well-known enough. Not sure all that is enough to counterbalance all that's going against her though... we'll see.

Want: 80%
Fun fact: I didn't actually play the games. I did watch the anime though, and I've been left very intrigued by the plot and the links to the Xenoblade-verse (in which KOS-MOS cameo'd). That said, KOS-MOS didn't really leave a lasting impression on me until it was revealed that there was so much more to her than meets the eye. Even then, I'm not exactly particular on her but after those revelations, I came to understand how others could really like her.

Predictions:
Phoenix Wright - 65%
Dante - 40%

I do think both are very very likely and assume this board thinks the same, but will tend to favour Nick over Sparda's son.

Nominations: Segata Sanshiro x5

---------

Phoenix Wright

Chance: 50%
The one thing I see not going for Nick is fun and unique moveset potential. Any given character can be granted a moveset with a gimmick or two, it's not hard at all. But Sakurai's standards are higher than that. Nick would need to feel fun, unique with shoutouts to his original games. How to include "Objection!", as a counter? Wouldn't that just be lame? How about evidence gather? MvC tried its hand but it can be confusing especially for Smash. If not for this, I'm sure we'd have seen Phoenix in smash already. That we didn't yet only leaves me more and more skeptical as to his chances in the end.

Want: abstain
Yep, abstain... I've played all his games (except the one set in the distant past) and it's a series I and many others love. But we're not talking about Ace Attorney here. We're talking about an Ace Attorney rep... I've no clue how he would play as a full-fledged character. For an AT, I'd give him 100%. For a fighter, I don't want another Sonic. I was overhyped when I saw Sonic's cutscene back in Brawl just before the final boss... only to find out how lame his kit is. One of my biggest wishes in fact for Smash is to redesign Sonic.

Dante

Chance: 70%
I'm still of the mind Dante is very likely. His games birthed a new concept and the character himself is well-loved. As for moveset potential? His one sin is that he has far too much! He can dual wield motorbikes ffs! His aerial mobility would translate so well in Smash too, one that we haven't yet seen in fact. Same for his different styles. All that could stop him is if Capcom decides they'd rather have another rep instead, or if Sakurai is more inspired by another Capcom character.

Want: 95%
One of my most wanted (though I do have quite the list), I don't see how he could not be tons of fun to play in Smash. He's a blast in his original games, he'd be a blast in Smash too and would let so many people style on others.

Predictions:
Vaultboy - 2%
Doomguy - 6%
Dovahkiin - 9%

If it were me, I'd rate them all 0% (except maybe Dovahkiin, as much as it pains me) but it's not just me. And even though Doomguy has pretty much been deconfirmed, I'm sure some people still cling to unreasonable hope.

Nominations: Segata Sanshiro x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 35% - Phoenix a lot more going for him than people give him credit for. His fan demand is huge, his entire library (aside from a couple of mobile games) are available exclusively on Nintendo systems, Nintendo has a great relationship with Capcom, and his relevance continues. His only real issue is competition with Dante (since Resident Evil is out of the running and the Okami franchise isn't as big as Phoenix), along with his moveset (Sakurai might not see it as feasible). Though he's been in other fighting cames and has had clever and fun movesets in all of them, so I'm sure Sakurai could think of something! Phoenix's future is looking bright!

Want: 100% - I've never played a Phoenix Wright game myself, but a lawyer archtype would be a hilarious and fun addition to Smash that we've never seen before. He's got a ton of personality and fantastic music to bring as well, and he's more than earned the roster spot! He's also my best friend's most wanted character, and his inclusion would make him extremely happy!

Featuring Dante from the Devil Meme Cry series

Chance: 45% - Things are looking good for Dante right now. Alongside his huge fan demand, he has recency in the impending release of Devil May Cry 3, and is now on Nintendo systems. It seems that they're trying to really hype up Dante, and given that they're giving out DMC3 news on specific dates, one of those could pair well with a Direct featuring the game and a Dante Smash reveal. I don't know what else to say, he and Phoenix currently tick all of the boxes for high Smash chances!

Want: 20% - I don't have much of an attachment to Dante or his games, and his genre never really appealed to me (I've tried it but it never really grabbed me) so having another Bayonetta wouldn't be particularly exciting to me. Plus inter-company competition with Phoenix. But if he was chosen I'd respect the choice and I can see why he would be given a slot.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Dragonborn - 22.53%
Doom Slayer - 16.32% (I still expect people to overrate him since assuming most things are NDA lies is popular around here)
Vault Boy - 1.63%

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer I call upon thee for your title changing powers once more.
I might have gone too far this time haha. I'll give the ratings a shot this time, even if my numbers are rather arbitrary.

Phoenix Wright:

Chances: 40% - I figure that a Capcom character in general is quite likely, and Phoenix Wright seems like the kind of goofy/unorthodox pick that Sakurai would try to make work in a Smash setting. On the other hand, he seems to be among the least natural fit for a fighting game among Capcom's roster of main characters. Plus, I'm not sure if Sakurai would want to do his own thing as opposed to borrowing heavily from Marvel vs. Capcom.

Want: 60% - he seems like he'd be an entertaining pick, but there are quite a few other Capcom characters that I'd prefer.

Dante:

Chances: 50% - again, I figure a Capcom character in general is quite likely. Dante's moveset potential is ridiculous, but on the other hand, I have no idea when the current fighters pass would have been decided on. Hideaki Itsuno's remarks about Dante needing to be in a game on a Nintendo console to be in Smash (which were followed up by the announcement of DMC1 on the Switch within two months) makes me think that Capcom could push for his inclusion, but for all I know, that could be too late.

Want: 100% - I only got into the Devil May Cry series in the past few years (I'm a big Bayonetta fan, and I wanted to see where the series got its roots), but before I had even finished the third game, I was already coming up with a moveset for Dante. (which turned into three movesets since I included weapon switching - I didn't even have enough room to include Style switching!) Now, Dante's probably in my top three most wanted characters for DLC - mind you, I don't think any of those three are especially likely, but I've been wrong before. (I thought Banjo was never going to happen, even though I really wanted them to get into Smash)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Your two uncles, the cool one that takes you to parties and the bumbling one that helps you out with school

Let's start with red uncle

Chance: 45%
Now I understand that the Smash community has been very much taken by the pizza man. How could they not? Dante is the iconic protagonist from one of the most influential series in gaming, one containing several masterpieces and basically the pioneer of the character action genre. He's popular with the masses, still relevant, has moveset potential overload. So when a dev commented on how Dante would need games on Nintendo consoles to be included in Smash, and months later games started being ported to the Switch, the fanbase smelled blood in the water. I get it.

But it's just too obvious. Dante's big. Very big. I daresay too big. Looking back at the previous Pass, I feel like we all constantly expected huge characters but never really got much. We got Joker, a new big deal that Sega wants to push everywhere. We got Hero, repping a massive franchise that coincidentally had a trailer on every Direct. We got Banjo, a massive icon that's not being used at all. I'm not calling them shill picks or something stupid like that, I'm just saying that I can see that all of these characters could be negotiated for relatively cheap (I don't even need to explain Terry and Byleth). This is just a hunch, but I don't think it's that likely we'll be seeing massive characters like Dante.

Plus, many things are pointing to Dante but I get the feeling that it's just coincidence. Like Doomguy, who went from devs coily talking about a potential Smash inclusion to freely talking about how they fell through, and Resident Evil, who went from getting E3 trailers for two ports to Spirits, I think the matter with Devil May Cry is just regular old corporate synergy. DMC is a big deal, and it's in both Capcom's and Nintendo's best interests that those overpriced ports are appropriately advertised and sell well. That helps Dante, for sure, but I don't think I'll take it as hints.

Still gave him a high score because there's really no reason why he wouldn't be in, but sadly I won't be surprised if he ends up empty-handed.

Want: 90%
Uh oh, I'm gonna use a dirty word. Dante deserves to be in Smash. Fight me.

Let's see Dante vs. Bayonetta. Let's hear Devil Trigger while fighting on Temen-Ni-Gru. And let's start hoping that we get Vergil as a second character, preferably one that's OP.

Now for the blue uncle

Yeah, I think Phoenix is likelier. If you think about it, he's got the same things going for him. Iconic, influential, the top dog in its genre, several classics in his resume, relevant, popular. The main differences are sales and hardcore support. Devil May Cry has sold around 20 million, while Ace Attorney is closer to 7 million. On the flipside, Phoenix Wright has always been a pretty big want from Smash fans, while Dante, having no Nintendo appearances, only recently started gaining traction. So, who wins? Spoiler alert, but the scores are above. I think ultimately, the smaller character with huge Nintendo presence and support will win over the big splashy title.

Want: 100%
Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series of all time, so seeing Phoenix duke it out in Smash would be a dream. It would also be very, very funny, I'm willing to bet.

It's sad that we aren't getting more Capcom goodness. You really can't go wrong with them. Here's hoping one of these two get in. Losing RE was already tough.

Noms: Kiryu x5
Vault Boy prediction: 1.4%
Doomguy prediction: 6.4%
Dovahkiin prediction: 36.87%

Also, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , when are nominations solidified for top 7?
When the fixed schedule is nearly over, so it should be a while. The last day before the top seven is set is day 403 (Shantae, Bomberman and Shovel Knight).

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Phoenix

Chance 50 - I think a Capcom rep is likely and it feels like we're down to what's probably our most likely 2 now that Resident Evil is dead. Phoenix is less known than Dante, so he's going to get a lower score. From what I've seen he's more requested, but is also less iconic. If we don't get a Capcom rep in any of the DLC I'll actually be pretty shocked.

Want 100 - He's my realistic most wanted. Loved the series and think the character would be cool to have in Smash. Getting Phoenix in would probably satisfy my need for one more holy shot moment in Smash.

Dante

Want 55 - Due to popularity he's just a little higher than Phoenix. No lack in popularity and for me at least is just a step under being an icon if he's not there already. Phoenix is more requested and if it matters, more of a history on Nintendo than DMC does. Like I said above, I really think these two are probably the 2 major players for Capcom unless we get another Street Fighter rep in Chun Li, which I doubt happens

Want 40 - Low for a couple reasons here. First, I want Phoenix a lot more. 2nd, he'd mostly be a big combo character and I'm really bad at those, with Bayo being easily one of my worst characters so I don't think I'd have fun playing him. I like some of the music from DMC though and Dante is a big name so I can't be completely against it.

Predictions:
Dovahkiin - 30%
Vault Boy - 6%
Doom Guy - 15%

Noms
Big Daddy x5
Guardian(Destiny) x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Freddy Fazbear x130
Kazuma Kiryu x120
The Blob (De Blob) x115
Crypto x110
Carmen Sandiego x110
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x100
Gex x90

100 - 51

Ryo Hazuki x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Reporter & Wrestler x65
Chun-Li x65
Decidueye x62
Meowth x55
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x50
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x45
Earthworm Jim x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Ring Fit Adventurer x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Big Daddy (BioShock) x35
Boss: Ender Dragon x27
Urbosa x25
[Rerate] Paper Mario x25
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x25

Under 25

Giygas x23
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x14
Terra Branford x13
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
Concept: Darksiders rep x10
Segata Sanshiro x10
Black Shadow x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x5
Mii Costume: Quote x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x5
[Rerate] Kratos x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
[Rerate] Agumon x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Paper Mario and Travis Touchdown reach 25 noms.

Tons of new challengers for today, we got Hornet, Mii Costume: Quote, rerates for Kratos and Agumon, the concepts of a Portal 2 rep, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content, and the double whammy of a rerate of the concept of a Gen 8 Pokémon. Each with 5 noms.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Objection!

Chance: 55%

The Ace Attorney series has had a long history with Nintendo dating back to 2001. It's a visual novel series (which has not had a rep yet), but it's not just any visual novel series. It's the one that made the genre more popular and break out to a bigger audience. The games have an art style that fits very well with Smash and Phoenix is the type of crazy, left-field choice that Sakurai likes to pick. He does have moveset potential, as shown in MvC3. His moveset would be really creative and while it might be a bit difficult to come up with, this is Sakurai we are talking about. The same guy who gave characters like ROB, Duck Hunt, and Wii Fit Trainer viable movesets. I'd say Phoenix is tied with Dante as Capcom's likeliest character. His popularity has grown in recent years, he is still getting games, and he does very well on fan polls.

The Ace Attorney games are some of my top favorite games and I love them. Phoenix would be a hilarious, yet awesome and badass choice. Imagine his final smash being similar to his super move in UMvC3 where he convicts his opponent, dealing high damage. Just imagining that makes me hyped. A lawyer fighting the king of darkness, the legendary vampire killers and other icons like Snake and Cloud? Sign me up. And of course, Cornered. Do I need to elaborate? Oh heck, a combination of a bunch of cornered, tell the truth, and objection themes would be very sick. Just make it happen already Capcom and Nintendo. Please.

If Dante ever gets into Smash, I'll print out the sticker "Featuring Dante From the Devil May Cry Series" and stick it to my copy of the game.

Chance: 55%

Yep. I'm giving the guy the same chance as Phoenix. I could see it going either way. While Dante has not had much Nintendo history until recently, he still has the benefit of being influential to his genre and the Devil May Cry series is very popular with Dante being a fan requested character. He has a lot of moveset potential that could make him potentially very unique and a blast to play. My only concern is with the timeline of when the DLC was chosen and whether or not Sakurai knew about the Switch ports by the time he chose the DLC. Then again, Nintendo does have control over the DLC and Capcom could have been pushing for Dante for a while now, especially since the DMC 1 port was announced somewhat soon after Itsuno's comment about how DMC needed Nintendo history to be in Smash.

Want: 78%

Are you kidding me? Dante would be sick. He has such a fun and cocky attitude that could be given some spotlight with his taunts, animations, victory poses, etc. He has awesome moveset potential and would bring a lot of awesome music (Public Enemy, please). I really like the Devil May Cry series and I would like to see it get represented.

Predictions
Vault Boy - 10%
Doom Slayer - 15% (I could see this going in different directions, with opinions seemingly split with the recent Doom interview)
Dovahkiin - 35%

Noms: Crypto x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain on Phoenix Wright and Dante. I don't know anything about either of them.

Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

D

Deleted member

Pheonix Wright

Chance: 80%

It seems like we are getting a Capcom character and Pheonix would be such a fun addition throwing his evidence at enemies, maybe having other characters like Maya or Apollo help him in battle plus That one famous magic word. We all know you know the one Ojection! As a final smash

We wants it we needs it!

Dante
Chance: 80%
I do think the pizza eating demon hunter could get in and have a fun combo heavy sword and gun based moveset. Time for this party to get crazy!

Don't know what it is about this guy but I want him in hope it happens and we see him!

Plank08

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright
80% Chance
I feel we are definitely gonna get a capcom rep, and Phoenix seems most likely. He has the most ties to Nintendo, which always helps, has been requested much longer than Dante since Dante was only seriously requested after bayo, ANNNNDD how sakurai always goes for the most interesting idea. Now, not saying Dante isn’t unique or interesting, but Phoenix just has too different of an aesthetic and is more unique.

Want 80%
I’m too lazy to give my reasons but I want him in smash
Abstaining on dante

Sackboy X 5

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright:

Want: 100%. He's pretty much the one and only character I'm still actively campaigning for. There's no one else I want on the same level as him. No one. The only other character that comes close is Amaterasu - yes, yet another Capcom rep. Life is pain.

Chance: 50%. Let me preface this by saying I'm very, very confident that Capcom's getting a character of some kind in this next Pass. I think Phoenix is the front-runner for that. He's got almost two decades of Nintendo presence, most of them spent as a Nintendo exclusive; he's been requested for Smash for years, whereas Dante has, as far as I know, only gained traction recently. I would venture a guess that Phoenix fared better than Dante, for example, on the Smash Ballot a few years ago (not that that has direct bearing on who makes it in the end). He's not from an enormous bomb-shell of a franchise, but I feel like to claim that he needs to be is to set another pointless fan-rule that's waiting to be broken.

Dante:

Want: 65%. He's rad. He's stylish. He's cool. His games are fun. But I could just barely go either way as far as him getting in Smash goes. I'm a pretty casual DMC fan, so I'm not exactly rabid in my desire to get him on-board, and I feel that him getting in over Phoenix, who even by the implication of this Rate Their Chances is considered to be in close competition with him, would be a bit... unfair, given the former's close ties to Nintendo, and the fact that Dante isn't an absolute all-star on the level of Cloud. He's a great character, and he'd certainly bring something new to the series, but I'm not tripping over myself to support him.

Chance: 40%, accounting for 10% odds that there's either a totally different Capcom rep or no Capcom rep at all. He's got a lot going for him, and his series is inarguably a better seller than Ace Attorney. And with all the recent ports, he's certainly more than eligible. But fan demand, cult status, and Nintendo connections, for me, tip the scales just a bit in Phoenix's favor, particularly with just how recent Dante's arrival on Nintendo has been. We've yet to see such a quick turnaround from getting on a Nintendo platform to getting into Smash. Even Cloud's paltry assortment of Nintendo cameos date back as far as 2004. This is, of course, not a "rule" by any stretch, but it does seem like something of an impediment for Dante, and one that Phoenix doesn't have.

... With that being said, if Ace Attorney has neither a new game nor a new set of ports out this year, I think you can safely reverse those two prediction scores, as a series that's still in waiting mode for a new game takes a big hit as a Smash candidate.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright comes from a set of visual novel games made by Capcom starting GBA to current gaming platforms with the original trilogy port. Currently, his series is the most popular Capcom series after Devil May Cry. He has made an appearance on Marvel vs Capcom 3 which made some believe he can have a moveset while others believing Sakurai wouldn't be able to come up with a moveset without copying from Marvel vs Capcom. However, Marvel vs Capcom didn't include everything from Ace Attorney when including Phoenix such as his magatama which allows him to see the psyche-locks of a person's soul which could be used for grabs. Even though Marvel vs Capcom didn't leave much for improvement on Phoenix's attacks, that can't stop Sakurai from making a moveset from inspirtation. Sakurai has mentioned Ace Attorney before in a Famitsu column back in 2005 complimenting the DS version trailer's presentation style so at the very least he is aware of the series's existence. One of Phoenix's strong points against Dante is that in terms of Smash, he would be the more unique fighter as we already have the combo-heavy fighter Bayonetta. His Nintendo history is stronger than Dante's, but it's not the deciding factor with smash reps so he wouldn't have that over Dante. There are many possibilities for music and spirits that can be added with six main games to pull references from. Finally, one would argue that Phoenix isn't popular enough to be in smash but that isn't true. Ace Attorney is very popular with 6 main games, 4 spin off games, a cross-over with Professor Layton, an anime, a manga series, a live-action movie, a pachinko machine, and many orchestra rearrangements of the games' OST's. Overall, Phoenix has a very likely chance to be a fighter in smash,

download.jpg
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...jpg

I love the Ace Attorney games. The story, the music, the characters, even the limited gameplay that makes you feel like you're cornering the culprit, are all things that I love about it. I would love Phoenix Wright as a rep in smash bros. Though, I'm ready for whenever he comes as a spirit event if that were to happen. I tried my best not to be biased with Phoenix Wright's chances segment.

Dante

Chance: 60%

With Resident Evil most likely out of the running, Devil May Cry is Capcom's next most popular series that's not in smash. With 5 main games and plenty of fighting game experience, Dante is more than likely to make it into smash. While we already have a combo character in Bayonetta, it's still possible for Dante to make it in. He has more than enough potential for a moveset, music, and spirits. The only problems I could see with Dante are maybe being too broken for smash and/or having too much moveset potential, which are very small hurdles. Dante has a strong possibility to make it into smash.

Want: 60%

I think Dante is cool and would enjoy him being in smash. But I have a more personal connection to Ace Attorney then I do Devil May Cry which is close to none. I know my Dante part was a bit shorter but that's because I only know so much about DMC. Despite my Phoenix Wright bias, I would love to see Dante in smash.

Prediction: Vault Boy - 10%
Dovahkiin - 15%
Doom Slayer - 5%

Nomination: Kiryu

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright

The Ace Attorney series is a long standing franchise that has deeply tied roots with Nintendo. It began in the GBA and is still receiving games on Nintendo systems. Phoenix Wright himself is a fan favorite character among Nintendo fans who wish to see him playable. It's the most well known and popular visual novel series out there. Phoenix Wright appeared in crossover fighting game MvC 3 which shows you can make an interesting moveset out of him. I'd usually rank him lower, but since Resident Evil is out for the count and Monster Hunter doesn't look that likely it seems Phoenix is the second most likely Capcom character that could be added for Smash.

Want: 75%
The Ace Attorney series is my first exposure to the visual novel genre of games. They were memorable games that gave me a lot of feels and memories that I probably will never forget. So it goes to say that seeing Phoenix as a playable character is something I would be happy to see. I guess the reason why Wright isn't higher is because there's a good chance I won't be a big fan of the moveset they make for Wright. It goes to say that Wright isn't a fighter so there will be some massive liberties taken to make him work. I'd love to be proven wrong by Sakurai but there's still this tingling feeling that Wright's playstyle might not click with me.

Dante

Devil May Cry pioneered the action genre. Without it it's unlikely we would have gotten God of War, Bayonetta, the modern Ninja Gaiden series and whatnot. The DMC series is back after a long hiatus that achieved positive critical and fan reception, with DMC 5 winning best action game of 2019. The DMC series has also gotten ported to the Nintendo Switch, with DMC 3 getting Switch exclusive content. While the series may not have the same Nintendo history of Ace Attorney, I'd argue it's popular enough in the mainstream that it balances it out. Dante has also become a fan favorite character quite recently, which may have been noticed by Nintendo when they were deciding the DLC in 2019. Out of all Capcom characters, Dante is the one that is most easiest to picture him transitioning to Smash, he's a fighting game seller, he's a crossover icon. Seeing Bayonetta vs Dante is a dream that people have wanted to see for over a decade. It's quite clear what the benefits to adding Dante are. It increases the crossover power of Smash Bros Ultimate by quite a ton.

Want: 85%
Hell yeah I want him in!
Bayonetta vs Dante is something I wanted to see for a long time and I was bummed out it didn't happen in Project X Zone. Dante would be so cool in Smash and anyone who says otherwise is a doo-doo head. I can already imagine the style switching and combo game that he could bring to Smash. He's awesome, he has charisma, he has cool moves and weapons, his games are awesome. He's pretty much the perfect recipe for a Smash addition.

Prediction:
Vault Boy 2.3%
Doomguy 8.2%
Dragonborn 27.5%

Nomination: Kratos x5

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright
With no Capcom reps in season one, Phoenix' chances went down a little (I think I rated him 70% previously). RE is down for the count, but now lawyer boy has to go toe to toe with Dante, something that is no easy feat. Phoenix' best advantage is his long-standing relationship with Nintendo, with most of his games being exclusives until very recently with the remastered trilogy. Aside from that, both DMC and AA are considered influential inside their respective genres (DMC more so, but still) and Sakurai seems to have good relationships with the creators of both franchises... which I feel leaves Phoenix at a good "coin toss" percent chance.

Phoenix is my third most wanted. He was on my team in UMvC3, where I think Capcom really nailed translating his series' aspects to fighting game properties. I'd love to see what Sakurai can do with it, enough said.

Dante
Chance: 70%
The reason I'm giving Dante a little bit more than Phoenix, with all I said above, is because I feel like mainstream appeal might be a deciding factor between the two. Sure, it might not be, but with both characters having good moveset potential and being among Capcom's top 10 best sellers, I think Sakurai is gonna have to choose one somehow. Plus, Dante's advantage over Phoenix is that he's arguably a bit fresher in everyone's minds and his last game drew quite a bit more attention than AA's last two releases.

While getting him means I most likely wouldn't be seeing Phoenix, I wouldn't be opposed to Dante. I'd like to see what the team could pull off for the OG hack'n slasher, plus Dante vs Bayonetta would be a really cool moment in Smash history, especially since it almost happened before.

Predictions
Vault Boy: 1.3%
Doomguy: 10.2%
Dragonborn: 13.1%

Nominations
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x 5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Phoenix Wright:

Chance: 25% - He has a solid chance, he's not one of the frontrunners imo, but he's still the second most likely Capcom character. Resident Evil being out of contention definitely lessens the competition quite a bit, but Dante is still in such a strong position ahead of him. I think if he does happen, it'll be because Sakurai wants a more unorthodox character, the challenge of translating a character like Phoenix Wright into Smash is something I could see him fancy, even if UMvC3 has already done some of the legwork.

Want: 60% - Never as much as thought about playing an Ace Attorney game, but I think the series' charming personality is known to just about anyone that has frequented Nintendo forums for a longer time. I'd be super interested in seeing how Sakurai pulls him off, and beyond that it's just one of those additions that would feel fitting.

Dante:

Chance: 50% - Absolutely one of the most likely newcomers out there. Might come off as a bit of a bandwagon thing to say that given all the recent momentum he's had, but even against the prospect of a RE character I've always pinned him as the most likely Capcom character, for the simple reason that he's such an easy character to implement. His fighting style fits Smash like a glove, he has a strong surface level personality, a design that really sticks out, and to top it off he'd really get fans going, he's like the complete package for a Smash character. I think a lot of the other Capcom candidates pose some potential issues with their implementation, but Dante is just a safe winner. The only reason this percentage isn't higher is because Capcom does still have a multitude of other good options, so while I do consider Dante the runaway favorite out of them, there is always the chance that Sakurai wants to go for someone else.

Want: 50% - Personally I'm a bit indifferent towards him, I'd understand why he'd be picked, but like with Lloyd it's just not a character I have strong feelings either for or against.

Nominations:
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix and Dante are looking to be the frontrunners when it comes to another Capcom character especially with Resident Evil seemingly out of the running. In the case of Phoenix, he's a super popular character whose series is almost entirely Nintendo exclusive. Considering how DMC only recently started getting games on Nintendo systems, Phoenix may have an advantage when it comes to longtime fan support for Smash.

Want: Abstain
I never got around to playing the PW games so I'll abstain on a want score.

-----

Dante

Chance: 45%
Dante has a ton of mainstream appeal like Phoenix and even the creators are aware of his Smash demand. The Switch getting a ton of DMC ports after Hideaki Itsuno remarked that Smash characters should have games on Nintendo systems first is also very suspicious. Granted while Phoenix does have a stronger Nintendo history, we've seen with characters like Joker that Nintendo history isn't the sole factor when it comes to making it into Smash. Considering how bigger of a series DMC is, I think Dante may have the slight upperhand.

Want: Abstain
Like Phoenix, I never played any of the DMC games so I'll abstain.

----------

Vault Boy chance prediction: 1.26%
Doomguy chance prediction: 7.83%
Dovahkiin chance prediction: 29.81%

Nominations:
Mii Costume: Quote x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 15%. Given how popular this franchise is, he could have a chance of appearing in the game. But the biggest issues are the competition he would face, not just other Capcom reps, but other potential fighters as well, plus the fact that we already have 4 Capcom franchises in this game already, but he has a higher chance then some.

Want: 55%. Phoenix would be fun to play as, plus there is some potential in his moveset, the stage and the battles he could do. The possibilities are unique with him joining in the roaster, and that is a good thing too.

Dante

Chance: 15%. He was formally 20%, due to rumors, but thanks to Byleth joining the roaster, his chance lowered. But he still has a chance, despite the same issues as Phoenix (Competition and Capcom having 4 franchises in this game already). His franchises popularity would give him a boost, but who knows what will happen.

Want: 50%. Personally, a team-up between Dante and Bayonetta would be a fun idea, and I can see them fighting off Ridley and Mewtwo. Dante would be fun to play as, with another character to bring in surprises to the roaster. That is all I have to say about this.

Prediction: Vault Boy (5%), Doomguy (10%) and Dovahkiin (5%)

Noms: 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 1 for Echo: Dark Bowser (14E)

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Funny objection man & Pizza guy
Phoenix chance: 20%
Dante chance: 50%
While certainly one of the most likely Capcom characters, I never felt Wright was all that likely. Always thought his support hinged a little too much on his MVC3 appearance. Many people use that as proof he could work in Smash but I don't see Sakurai really wanting to copy and paste that moveset over in his own game like that. I'm also not sure if he ever was that heavily requested, and while Nintendo legacy certainly matters, it's a factor currently being fixed on Dante's front. Despite not being one of my personal predictions, I think he's just the much likelier of the two. Dante, allthough not being as quirky, has undeniably more moveset potential than Wright, is a creation by a good budd of Sakurai and DMC is overall just a much more mainstream series.

Want: Abstaining on both, I haven't touched an Ace Attorney game (yeah I'm that guy) and am only in very early game of DMC1 to really form an opinion.

Vault boy: 0.76%
Doomguy: 9.16%
Dragonborn: 7.88%
De Blob x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright
Chance:
25%
So, I feel this way about both Phoenix and Dante, but I'm a little worried about Capcom's Resident Evil spirit event and not getting a Capcom character in pass 1. I think as of right now things are a complete wild west, and so Capcom is no more likely than any other company to be added. The one thing Capcom has over others, however, is the sheer variety and popularity of their character selection. Also, the idea that Capcom getting a character in base meant they wouldn't get one in DLC came true, but Vol. 2 is a whole new world. I'd say that both Phoenix and Dante have lower chances than I felt before but both are higher than certain other third parties, that's for sure.

Anyway, I don't think Phoenix not being super "relevant" in terms of having new games is a big deal. It's a legacy series. There have been gaps between games before - I'm an old fan who remembers how we never got AAI2 in the US and how it felt like Dual Destinies would never even be made. The trilogy came out just a few years ago. DGS2 was recent too. The anime just wrapped up. Ace Attorney is still big, still around, just not currently being worked on, and that's just fine. Besides, if Phoenix were to get in I really do think it'd be due to the franchise's legacy as a whole moreso than whether or not it has a game coming out, even if those things can help.

So, he's no longer my most-wanted third-party! I know, shocking! What can I say, a certain otaku assassin reminded me of his existence and all my nostalgic Brawl-era feelings came roaring back. However, Phoenix is still just behind him. I owe Ace Attorney so much - it's one of my favorite series' I've ever played. It taught me how to write compelling mysteries and characters, introduced me to some of my closest friends, and is a series I think about on the daily. It really has been such a huge part of my life for so long. Phoenix himself is such a wonderful character, and to get AA music in Smash, Phoenix's wacky moveset and animations, and to see what kind of crazy love and care Sakurai could pour into him just has me so excited. He would be an addition like no other, a visual novel rep with a unique flair, and he's finally actually possible which is just crazy. I love seeing all my favorite games collide in Smash, and Ace Attorney is one of those big time favorites.

Dante
Chance:
25%
Again, I give him the same as Phoenix. The one thing Dante has over Phoenix is relevance with the new ports hitting Switch. Don't get me wrong, that's awesome. DMC coming back after the godawful DmC with the spectacular DMCV (which I'm currently playing and loving) and the ports is a comeback story for the ages. However, as the months go by I worry we may not see a new Capcom rep at all... But again, perhaps I'm looking at it wrong and they're more likely for pass 2 since we got Ken in base. I guess I just need to turn my thinking around..

Want: 80%
Dante is cool as hell! I love Capcom. I've said it time and time again but if you're a fan of Capcom properties, you're generally a fan of all of them. Yeah, I may want Phoenix more, but would I really be disappointed by an icon of the character action genre getting in? Hell no. Dante is awesome, and DMC has crazy good music. To be honest I wish we could get both Phoenix and Dante. To me, Smash is about two things: crazy fighters from different worlds colliding, and seeing wild dream matches you never get anywhere else. Nothing exemplifies the Smash philosophy more than these two. Phoenix provides the weird and wonderful side of Smash, and Dante provides the dream matches with the likes of Bayonetta and Joker (as well as a wicked arsenal to boot).

I will say one more thing and that it's a shame the rumors surrounding Dante were so horribly reported on by gaming websites and fake Twitter accounts. It raised his stock, sure, but it also used it to detract from the actual final addition and fool people like Max into thinking he was a lock when it never was. It's the biggest example this cycle of how poor Smash coverage has been lately, even from otherwise reputable websites. It's 4chan leak this and reputable leaker that, it's no better than a bad LAXChris video. Absolute shame.

Anyway, tl;dr gimme em both.

Nominations: Kazuma Kiryu x5

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Kyo AND Iori? Sign me up!

Real or fake, they still need to put Mai Shiranui in the game even if it’s only a head-only spirit like Tharja.
Just hear me out here, but don't you think Mai didn't get in simply because she was among the list provided to Sakurai? To me, no candidate in that DLC list will get a spirit (and its spirit battle). With that in mind, remember that she could have been a spirit - there is official art of her that could have served as spirit after all. Not to mention NDA that we shouldn't forget about. Addressing the concerns during Terry's announcement would prevent speculation from running wild... which may end up for nothing since she's just a candidate. There are others who may have been deemed higher in priority, so better nip the hype in the bud just in case (and if she does make it in, the hype would only be that much higher).

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Dante:
Chance: 50%-I'll be sincere, I think the fact that we got the first three Devil May Cry games on Switch so quickly after the noise everyone made to get Dante into Smash kind of speaks for itself. If it was so easy to get those games into the system with such noise, I think it's pretty likely that Nintendo may have actually caught a glimpse of it and decided to include him in Smash. We're talking about a big name character from a big name series.
Want: 80%-It's Dante, of course I'm interested in seeing him in Smash. On top of having an immense moveset potential, the sole idea of having him in the same game as Bayonetta, Link, Cloud and Mario is just too much of a big opportunity.

Mr. Wright/Naruhodo-kun:
Chance: 45%-As I mentioned when predicting his chances, it all boils down to whether Nintendo prefers to appeal to fan requests or to big names. I lean more towards Dante simply because he also became a popular Smash request in recent times.
Want: 0%-Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of how he played in UMVC3, which is my main point of reference as far a gameplay goes. I just wasn't a big fan of this dude taking stuff from the floor to beat the snot out of his enemies and then becoming superpowered because he found some kind of useful evidence. He's good for comedy relief, but otherwise, not interested in what he can offer.

Nominations: Travis Touchdown x5

Predictions:
Doomguy: 1.25%-I think that one interview is gonna wind up damaging his chance scores, big time.
Vaul Boy: 1.07%
Dragonborn: 15.49%
Not counting on the latter two getting high scores either.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance - 27.5% - A Capcom character feels almost guaranteed, but who it is will be quite a mystery. Phoenix is certainly one of the most notable candidates, with him being practically the face of Visual Novels for many, but he faces stiff competition. One small problem is that he doesn't seem like a good fighter material on paper, and Sakurai will probably want to avoid looking too much to Marvel vs. Capcom for inspiration. Still, he's probably more notable than most of the rest of Capcom's lineup - who hasn't heard of "OBJECTION!" in a parody somewhere? While I feel like he's in a three way tie with Dante and a Monster Hunter, and he's a bit less likely than those two, he's no where near out.

Want - 80% - Honestly, I can respect Phoenix for what he has done for the industry. I think that he could be very fun if included, seeing how creative he can get. He's my favorite of the other Capcom characters to get in, so I'll take him.

Dante

Chance - 30% - Remember when the director for Dante said that he thought that Dante should be on Nintendo before coming to smash? Well, now he's on the Switch. While that may seem like a good thing, I also take it as a chance that him getting in was not on his mind. Still, with Joker in, stranger things have happened with character inclusions. He's a bit more of an obvious fighter and may have more of a pull, but as of now I think he's in the middle of the road between Wright and the Hunter.

Want - 40% - I don't want a second Bayonetta to happen. I don't care about him as a character or in terms of gameplay particularly either. I would probably skip him if he was included.

Nominations

De Blob X5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 75%
He’s one of the big contenders and is part of a company that is close to Nintendo. He fits all the criteria as well and has a massive fanbase.

Ace Attorney is one of my favorite franchises, and Phoenix is an icon of the DS. Probably the Capcom series most associated with Nintendo alongside Megaman, possibly more so. He’s one of my most wanted, if not my most wanted 3rd Party character.

Dante

Chance: 35%
Eh, he could go either way. There are the DMC ports on Switch and all.

Want: 15%
Not really that attached to him. There are too many Capcom characters I’d rather have.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Phoenix Wright who's not a bird

He's definitely a contender for a Capcom rep for DLC, being a darkhorse Capcom character that has been requested. And fits the mold of the other 3rd party DLC characters of being those niche franchises(except Dragon Quest in Japan) that Sakurai wants to promote.

I'm pretty open to him and his other contender. It'd be hilarious to see his objection as a move.

Dante who's an anima swordsman instead of a poet

Phoenix's contender and another popular choice for a 3rd party character. It's either him or Phoenix IMO. As they bring a lot to the table and of course the hype of seeing him and Bayonetta in the same game together.

I'm cool with him and it'd be great. Even if his DMC is an alt which I'm not actually bothered by.

Bethesda Predictions:

Doom Slayer: 1.33%
Vault Boy: 0.55%
Dragon Born: 15.55%

Nominate Darksiders rep x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix has a lot going for him. He's a requested character and from a well known series. Capcom and Nintendo work well together. Phoenix doesn't actually fight, but he's capable of it as seen in Marvel vs Capcom. I'm thinking for a moveset Phoenix could use some evidence from his cases as a moveset. I do have some fragments of a moveset for him. His Down B is OBJECTION, and it's a counter move. His forward smash is him pointing forward, and his down smash is when he smash his hands down on the desk.

I just finished the Ace Attorney trilogy about a month ago. Great games. Phoenix is higher up on my list

Dante:
Dante has a lot going for him. He's a requested character and from a well known series. Capcom and Nintendo work well together. Hmm... Deja Vu. Dante has quite the moveset to pick from. He has multiple weapons, combos, and even a few forms to change into. I don't feel qualified to go into the moveset Dante could have, I've only played DMC 5. Dante gets bonus points in chance because he's an actual fighter.

Want: 60%
DMC 5 is fun and Dante is cool. I'm not a super fan of the series, but I can definitely see how he would fit in Smash.

Predictions:
Doom Slayer: 1%
Vault Boy: 1%
Dragon Born: 15%

Noms: Octopath rep x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Featuring Dante from DmC: Devil May Cry

Chance: 75%

It's fair to say Dante has 1 of, if not, the highest chances of being in Smash now that Devil May Cry 5 revived the series from the ashes Ninja Theory and Capcom at the time pissed all over and the first 3 Devil May Cry games were ported to the Switch. Itsuno did state he wanted a DMC game on a Nintendo platform before seeing Dante officially in Smash, and look where we are today. Devil May Cry is on a Nintendo console which matters the most to many Dante fans. With Capcom already having a part in Smash and the amount of people that actively want Dante to be in Smash, almost everything is pointing towards his favor. I can't even think of any reasons to why he wouldn't be in Smash since Resident Evil got spirited away and any other reason would be just a gut feeling, so that already gives him 1 of the highest advantages out of any other character out there.

Want: 20%

Dante seems like a genuinely cool character except when Ninja Theory got their hands on the franchise and made Dante the edgiest of edgelords because somebody thought OG Dante wasn't cool, and I even liked how he got a major role in MVC:I's story despite how poorly handled everything else was. Dante would make a great inclusion for Smash, but I'm not really as big into seeing it than most others are. Because Capcom can be so crossover heavy, I'd prefer for the next potential Capcom rep to be a character who hasn't appeared in any Capcom related crossover before like the VS games and Project X Zone. Unfortunately, Dante seems to be 1 of the many characters Capcom will always put in a crossover ever since MVC 3, so right now, I'd pass on Dante being in Smash.
---------------

Phoenix Wright

Chance: 35%

Like Dante, Phoenix Wright is a very popular Capcom character. The Ace Attorney trilogy was released almost a year ago on multiple platforms including the Switch, so the franchise is currently doing better than most of the dead Capcom IPs out there. Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 even shows us that they could make Phoenix into a fighter, so why would Sakurai not be able to when they could? Well, I don't got an answer for you. The only reason Phoenix Wright isn't any higher than 35% is because of Dante. Devil May Cry has a lot more going for it than Ace Attorney. Both franchises may have games ported to the Switch, but DMC has a higher leverage than AA I feel. With Devil May Cry 5 being fresh on people's minds and the recent games being ported to the Switch, it just looks like it's pointing towards Dante's favor than Phoenix's.

Want: 20%

Well, if you read what I said in the want portion for Dante, you can see why Phoenix has the same rating as him. I sorta have the same sentiment that TheJwittz had with that recent top 10 he did but just without the aggressive tone. They may be 2 different games, but seeing Phoenix in UMVC 3 does kinda lessen any interest I had with seeing him in Smash. Granted, Phoenix has appeared in fewer Capcom crossovers than Dante, but it doesn't really change my want rating on him. This isn't to say that Phoenix would be a boring pick however. I'm sure there's a great amount of stuff that Ace Attorney could bring to Smash like a fun stage and a good selection of music, but I just don't feel interested with him being in Smash.

---------------
Predictions:
Vault Guy - 0.64%
Dragonborn - 36%
Doom Slayer - 5.34%
---------------
Noms:

Devolver Digital Rep x5

Top Bottom