• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
KOS-MOS

Chance: 5%
She's a 3rd-party character from a dead franchise. The only reason she's not a 0 is because Monolith is owned by Nintendo.

Want: 15%
I don't really care at all. I've never played the game or even heard of it until people here mentioned it.

Azura prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x5

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS

Chance: 30%
Want: 35%

Admittedly the only experience I had with her is with her as a Blade in Xenoblade 2.
Other than that, I wouldn't mind her as a 2nd Bamco rep, tho there are other choices for this role.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Azura prediction: 8.43%

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
KOS-MOS

Chance: 1%
Sorry, but I just can't see this happening. Even with Xenoblade on the roster, her series is just too niche for me to think she'd ever be seriously considered over other third-parties.

Want: 0%
First learned about this character during Smash 4's DLC. Still don't quite understand the appeal.

Azura prediction: 7.3%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
KOS MOS

Chance- 5%
She is a 3rd party thats in a very odd position, like Geno. She is also obscure enough to make Geno look like Sonic. Namco has plenty of other characters that I think thry would choose over her.

Want- 0%
Sorry, I have absolutley no interest in this character. If we need another Namco character lets do Heichachi, Lloyd, or even Dig Dug please.

Azura- 12.32%

Steve X 4
Thwomp X 1

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yet Another Anime Gynoid

This is weird - she's kind of got a Geno situation going on. She's third party, but associated with a (now) first party series, so it's in this awkward in-between state. Unlike Pinocchio though, she's made an incredibly recent cameo in her associated game, but nothing that could really be latched on to.

Honestly, the only thing I know of her in the first place is that her clothes were the last thing that could be unlocked in Soul Calibur 3. Beyond that, I just see her as another cliché JRPG protagonist, and that really doesn't interest me in the slightest. If I had to take any character from Namco-Bandai, I'd pick Ivy instead.

Prediction for Azura: 8.9%
Nom: whaterver from Skyrim x5

D

Deleted member

Kos Mos
Chance-20%
The only few things going for her is that shes is monolith soft former(kinda current) baby, and namco also owns her. I think that sakutai wouldn't choose her over the likes of elma, rex and pyra / tekken rep, tales rep, ect.
Want-50%
Its a flip coin for me. While i rather have other monolith soft/ namco bandai reps, her appearing wont bother me.
Azura Prediction- 5.8%

Noms-
Lip x1
Sable Prince x2
Klonoa×2

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Hahah yeah sorry that Arlo thing was just a joke forgot to edit it out of my noms before the day ended anyways...

Kos-mos

I feel like she has a chance as she was in xenblade 2. however I feel that rex/pyra would fit more and I can easily seeing them putting them in instead. Just would feel off to have a side character without the main charcters from the game.
Chance at 5%

Not the biggest fan of the charcter but have nothing against them. Just would rather have other charcters over her like King K Rool and Springman

want at 45%

nominating labo guy x5
predicting azura at 12.8%

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS

Chance - 1%

Dead franchise. Plus, Namco has higher priority characters to get in Smash, most notably Heihachi, who had already been considered. The only reason she doesn't get a complete 0% is because Nintendo's owns Monolith now, so if they REALLY wanted to get her in there, it'd be pretty easy, just like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Want - 0%

No personal connection to the character, other than the fact that she's a pain in the butt to get in XC2. I don't want third party characters in Smash that aren't iconic.

Nominations:
Labo Guy x5

Last edited:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
KOS-MOS Chance:
10%
Although her series is dormant and most likely won't be coming back anytime soon, she has a decent shot at getting in. If we are going to get another Namco character, she may be chosen. While there is stiff competition with characters like Heihachi, KOS-MOS is almost like Namco's crossover character. They like to throw her into other games like Project X Zone and Xenoblade 2. Smash is a lot bigger than those games though, so if Namco gets another slot, they would most likely push for a relevant character to promote.

KOS-MOS Want:
55%
Just a little in favor of her. I used her a lot in Xenoblade 2, so I wouldn't mind. I personally like her design, and more importantly her weapons. I think they could do a lot with her moveset.

Azura Prediction:
5.89%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Namco like to use her in every niche crossover they're involved in but sadly Smash Bros is far from niche. With Namco having series like Tekken, Tales, and even Klonoa I feel the chances of Sakurai requesting KOS-MOS and not any of the bigger names is pretty remote.

Want: 100%
I love the Xeno games and would love to see a day where Shulk, KOS-MOS, and Fei are all in the same game together. If that game happened to be Smash even better. It's a dream I don't expect realized anytime soon but I can hope.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not see KOS-MOS being chosen AT ALL. Heihachi is one of the few Namco characters that have been seriously considered by Sakurai for Smash. I feel around that time, only the most iconic Namco Bandai characters were considered. The only way I can see KOS-MOS being decided is if her ballot popularity is unexpectedly SUPER high, but I doubt that with Xenosaga being one of Namco’s more niche series.

x5 Balloon Fighter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
KOS-MOS

I don't see her as an impossibility, but she's damn near close.

Want: 5%
Wouldn't oppose her though. Didn't even play XC2 but the memes surrounding her rarity are funny.

Predicting a 6.5 for The Ocean's Gray Waves
Nominating K. Rool x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
KOS-MOS

had a cameo on XenoBlade 2
and was in the project cross zone 3ds games (which nobody played)
cant say a lot people will know of her. same can be said about half the roster but there is a micro chance of her.

Want: 10%
she would be completely broken to play against. if Bayo taught me anything is that the over the top action characters make it in its going to shake the meta hard. and I dont want to face only broken characters online (playstationallstarsbattleroyal) but I digress

Nomination Django x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Kos-Mos

Chances: 10%
Want: 85%

Seems like a cool character but being in the geno position really hurts chances since they would probably focus on bigger 3rd parties to put in plus its not like there are not other xenoblade characters to pick from where you do not have this issue.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I may ask to those rerating K. Rool, what would be the purpose of doing so? Is there anything new regarding K. Rool that increases or decreases his chances?
Since K. Rool was the first character we rated, people might have been too eager. Now that we've all settled down, we might be able to be more honest with our scores.

Or at least that's what I'm assuming the reasoning is. I was hoping we'd rerate Rex/Pyra and Decidueye instead, but it doesn't seem like there's enough time for that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Drat, missed out on Funky Kong's day. Oh well.

KOS-MOS

She recently gained some spotlight through her blade appearance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and she even made a crossover appearance alongside Flora in Project X Zone 2. However, she is in that tough spot where she is third party despite some recent association with Nintendo now that the company owns Monolith Soft and her appearance in XC2. If Namco is indeed helping in Smash 5's development, I can see her having a better chance, but at the moment, I don't really see it.

Want: Abstain

Honestly, while I am familiar with the character, I can't come up with an accurate want score for her. Perhaps it's because my only true exposure to her is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and while she was cool in that game, I can't say it completely sold me on the character.

------

Predictions

Azura (Fire Emblem): 3.44%

Popular Fire Emblem character if her placement in the CYL polls are anything to go by, but with Fates losing relevancy and Corrin already representing her game, things aren't looking good for her.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

With Azura being rated tomorrow, this only means Corrin's rating can't come soon enough.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I may ask to those rerating K. Rool, what would be the purpose of doing so? Is there anything new regarding K. Rool that increases or decreases his chances?
I'm literally only doing it because I wasn't here the day we rated him lol.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
KOS-MOS
The only thing going for her is her XC2 cameo, and she's not getting in just because of that. Xenosaga is old, irrelevant to Nintendo, and she would be competing with Xenoblade characters. Unless a remaster is announced at E3 which is just fan speculation, she likely can only hope to be in as a trophy.

Want: 70%
Yeah she would be cool and I would love a Xenosaga remaster on Switch, but until that happens I want XCX AND XC2 representation more.

Azura: 4.44%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%

KOS-MOS has gotten a bit of popularity recently, and most of it seems to stem from her appearance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Despite that, though, I can’t see it happening. She originated from Xenosaga, and I can’t see them picking her over a Xenoblade 2 character. Seeing her as an Assist Trophy or a trophy is probably possible, but I don’t think she’ll be playable.

I’d prefer a Xenoblade 2 character to her, myself. She’s not someone I personally want as a fighter too much. Like many characters, I wouldn’t dislike it if she got in, but I’m also not really rooting for her.

-----

Azura chance prediction: 12.26%

Nomination:

DeMille x5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
KOS-MOS

Third party characters in Smash are meant to represent gaming history as a whole and be iconic, and these are two requirements that KOS-MOS falls short on. She is hardly known outside of the Xeno fanbase and she faces competition from a myriad of other Bandai Namco reps, including Heihachi, Agumon, Nightmare (or any other Soul Calibur character), and even Lloyd Irving.

Want: Abstain
I have never played a Xenosaga game in my life, and I did not even hear about it until the Smash for Switch speculation period began. She looks pretty cool, though.

Prediction:
Azura: 3.38%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
KOS-MOS
Chance: 20%
She has been involved in plenty of crossovers and as my good friend, Pikablu has said, Namco has trademarked XS3's title. Her real problem lies in vast competition for a second Namco rep against Heihachi, Lloyd, and some other bigger Namco names.

Want: 80%
I played the Xenosaga games, and have her as a blade in XC2 and I can say that I enjoy her character and think she would make a great fit for Smash with her potential moveset. Maybe she can at least be an AT.

Azura: 12.35%

x5 to Lip

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Kos-Mos

I just don't see her getting in over a Xenoblade character, but she does have her popularity and is a well-known character.

I'd prefer her over Elma or Rex, myself. Not happening, tho.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
I feel as though some people are under the impression that KOS-MOS is a first party or something. She wouldn’t be competing with Xenoblade 2 characters, only Namco characters since Bandai Namco owns her.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I feel as though some people are under the impression that KOS-MOS is a first party or something. She wouldn’t be competing with Xenoblade 2 characters, only Namco characters since Bandai Namco owns her.
I still find it weird that people don't do a quick Google search before posting. That would at least let people know she isn't 1st party but I guess a quick copy and paste is too much to ask.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS chances: 6%
To her credentials she's owned by Namco and made several crossover appearances already, which would make her an easy to negociate character. However, she's a fairly obscure character overall, and other third-parties would likely get over her for star power reasons.

KOS-MOS want: 0%
No connection with the character, not interested.

Azura prediction: 4.26%

Nominating:
Returning game mode: Smash Run x3
Returning fighter: Corrin x2

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
KOS-MOS

Has made 9 crossover nyappearances, including nyappearing in XC2 as a rare blade nya. She's third party though and faces competition from other Namco characters, like Heihachi nya.

Want: 60%
I only nyo nyabout her through her nyappearance in XC2, yet I don't have her yet, so I don't hold any concrete opinions for her yet nya. I do like her design and have nyothing nyagainst more robots coming into smash nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Chance: 2%
As much as Namco likes her, I just don't see it. Her appearance in Xenoblade 2 is as a rare, optional piece of content and nothing more and her actual series has never been on a Nintendo console, she's only really shown up in crossovers that are not nearly as high profile as Smash. I do think the fact that Namco likes to throw her into crossovers all the time indicates that at least on their end they like her and Sakurai likes Xenoblade 2, but I'm not sure its enough to really get her in when I don't think Namco is getting more reps than Pac-Man and Ryu if both of those even come back.

Want: 75%
Her getting in would be kind of bittersweet for me, as I know that its not because she's actually a rather cool character in her home series but because her design is easy to market and she got in Xenoblade 2. Still, if I'm being honest, I would be pretty happy about it because at the end of the day I stopped being as much of a Nintendo person a while ago and it'd be fun to see an older Xeno game get a rep. I can definently see why someone wouldn't want her though, I just like that when going with the sentient robot archetype they give some actual consequences to that fact in the source material, when a lot of robotic characters lately just feel like humans with a quirky twist. Plus the moveset potential is definently there, she has a huge variety of weapons that seem like they'd be kinda satisfying to use for Smash, and for once despite being a female protagonist I think she'd probably end up fighting more like a high end midweight or even heavyweight really.

Nominations
Dark Samus x 5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS
Not requested, barely associated with Nintendo. She'll need a Xenosaga resurgence to stand any chance.

Want: 55%
Yeah, she'd be cool. I've played Xenosaga more than any other Xeno game (granted, that's still not very much) and seen the anime, so my attachment to the character looks to be more than most rating her here today. Still, she's not exactly one of my most wanted.

Nominate FE Switch Protagonist x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
KOS-MOS
Chance: 1% -
She may be in a bunch of crossovers, but her franchise has no future, she isn't iconic, and the religious symbolism might be too controversial for Smash. Beyond that, Tekken, Tales Of, Soul Calibur, and hell even Digimon take higher priority for Namco representation.
Want: 0% - I will pass. Never was keen on her.

Prediction: Azura
Chance: 6.84%
Want: 22.48%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
KOS-MOS

KOS-MOS is in probably some of the weirdest circumstances out of all nominated characters, given her PS2 history and her somewhat niche series. Normally, a character like this would have virtually no chance at selection at all, but KOS-MOS is coddled like a baby and finds her way into all sorts of games in some way or another. Her persistence and history puts her way above where she should be in terms of chances. While lacking the same recognizability as characters like Cloud or Pac-Man, KOS-MOS is probably the second most iconic Xeno creation after the Monado. She has had fairly consistent cameos since her creation, and has appeared on two Nintendo consoles now. Despite all this, KOS-MOS is still an obscure pull, and doesn’t hold the third party creed other choices have. In terms of her home “series”, Rex is very obviously prioritized over her, and Fiora and even Elma are more likely choices than her. I think that we are still likely to get some kind of reference to her in the new Smash, if not as a fighter. KOS-MOS does have an impressively high chance for how obscure she is, though, receiving a...

5% Chance
Of all of Monolith’s characters that could reasonably get in, I would want KOS-MOS at the top of the list. I don’t have much else to add, a Xeno villain seems incredibly unlikely and she’s more interesting than Rex and Elma. The closest I could hope is Fiora’s addition, but this seems about as unlikely.

80% Want
Nominations: Dark Samus x5

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
KOS-MOS...

I mean... come on. There are only so many characters that can be added. Maybe some other day...

I actually did not know who she was before this thread, but after a bit of research I am disinterested.

Noms: Sablé Prince x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
As much as Namco likes her, I just don't see it. Her appearance in Xenoblade 2 is as a rare, optional piece of content and nothing more and her actual series has never been on a Nintendo console, she's only really shown up in crossovers that are not nearly as high profile as Smash. I do think the fact that Namco likes to throw her into crossovers all the time indicates that at least on their end they like her and Sakurai likes Xenoblade 2, but I'm not sure its enough to really get her in when I don't think Namco is getting more reps than Pac-Man and Ryu if both of those even come back.

Want: 75%
Her getting in would be kind of bittersweet for me, as I know that its not because she's actually a rather cool character in her home series but because her design is easy to market and she got in Xenoblade 2. Still, if I'm being honest, I would be pretty happy about it because at the end of the day I stopped being as much of a Nintendo person a while ago and it'd be fun to see an older Xeno game get a rep. I can definently see why someone wouldn't want her though, I just like that when going with the sentient robot archetype they give some actual consequences to that fact in the source material, when a lot of robotic characters lately just feel like humans with a quirky twist. Plus the moveset potential is definently there, she has a huge variety of weapons that seem like they'd be kinda satisfying to use for Smash, and for once despite being a female protagonist I think she'd probably end up fighting more like a high end midweight or even heavyweight really.

Nominations
Dark Samus x 5
1. Xenosaga did appear on the DS with Xenosaga 1+2

2. Ryu is a Capcom Character

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS

Chance - 1% - Yeah, she's a popular crossover character for Namco, but I don't think she's in a good state. I think Geno is a very apt comparison, being a sorta third party who's strongly associated with a first party franchise. The exact circumstances are different, but they're similar enough that I can't ignore it, and from what history has taught us, that's not good enough for a character.

Want - 40% - There are better third parties out there. I don't care for her, and would rather that third part spot go to someone else.

No prediction today. I don't like doing it the same time I win extra nominations, or I feel like I'm hording them.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X10

Troykv

Smash Master
KOS-MOS

Chance: Abstain.

KOS-MOS is a quite strange sittuation... normally this kind of character wouldn't have a chance to appear in Smash, but she has a weird conection with Namco and the Nintendo Series. That is hard to ignore despite all her negative points... KOS-MOS chances are so volatile that I would prefer to avoid giving a score.

BTW, it's very weird that KOS-MOS is essencially a re-incarnation of מרים המגדלית

I like a lot her style, I would want to play with her over the top attacks xD.

Prediction:

Azura: 4.6% (Welcome to the club of first-party characters in hard sittuations that will have a higher score than Micaiah)

Nominations:

Decloned Dark Pit x2
Breidablik item x2
Corrin x1

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
KOS-MOS

Chance: abstain
This one is hard for me to judge so im just abstaining.

Want: 25%
She was cool in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but ive never played Xenosaga.

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS

godda make this quick today, but:

Chances: 5%
seems a bit obscure for a 3rd party inclusion. Something from Xenoblade would honestly suffice, so she isn't really warranted beyond her specific character.

don't care much about xenosaga, but might be cool so who knows. A xenoblade character could also fill that niche though.

Nominations: Louie x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom