• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 30%. Popularity has given him an advantage over most fighters, including Spyro. He getting a reboot increased his chance further, and thanks to collaborations, he is more then a quarter percent of a chance, which is rare in my version. Hw still has competition from the likes of Doomguy, Fourth Capcom Rep, Pokémon from Sword or Shield or Adeleine (amoung others), but Crash has a high chance of getting in the game.

Want: 92%. He would totally be a fun character to play as, with lots of potential, lots of opponents to fight, some music to listen too, and who knows, we could see potential in the battles like Crash vs Sonic vs Banjo and Kazooie vs Pikachu (Brawl of the mammals (and Kazooie)). He would totally be a fun fit for this game and possible squeals.

Spyro the Dragon

Chance: 20%. Chances are, Crash is going to get in before Spyro, but then again, are predictions could be wrong, and have been proven wrong before. Him being a Dragon gives him some chance, but competition is still greater for him then it is with Crash, but then again, certain characters are more popular in different places then others.

Want: 75%. He would be fun to play as, and has some potential as well. I can already see him fighting Bowser and Ridley in a fight, with Corrin and Pokémon Trainer getting involved as well. Who knows what will happen, and as long as Spyro is fun to play as, then that would be a good thing.

Prediction: Tracer (15%) and Thrall (5%)

Noms: 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 1 for Black Shadow

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 60%
Short answer: If any western character makes it into FP2, it will be Crash Bandicoot.

Long answer: Crash has a lot going for him, forget MandyCan my rating wouldn't change with or without him. He has two successful games that have put him back on the map from years of irrelevancy, both of which are readily available on Nintendo Switch. But even ignoring that, Crash has a pretty significant legacy right? Coming out only a matter of months after the industry shaker that is Mario 64, Crash brought another take on 3D platformers and in turn, created a legitimate threat. Crash Bandicoot didn't quite reach the heights of Sonic and hit a few major lows after the original trilogy (no diss to Twinsanity though), but nowadays he's sort of proven himself to have some extra juice in him yet. And back then, even if he wasn't quite dismantling Mario it's an easy sell for Crash as DLC: Nintendo, Sega, and "Sony" all get to duke it out.

Crash is more relevant now than he's been in over a decade and a half, and I'd be shocked if he didn't at least come up in the conversation of "well who could we put in FP2?" He's a bit hard to ignore lately. I heard N Sane Trilogy and CTR didn't do quite as well in Japan, but from what I know Crash is a fairly popular character over there too from back in the day. Surely they'd recognize him and be happy to see him regardless.

Nintendo and Activision have a working relationship too. I mean, first of all, who would turn down having their video game character in Smash? But with the recent port of Overwatch on Switch (Blizzard is a subsidiary of Activision) and even dishing out DK and Bowser for Skylanders, we have some history of Nintendo and Activision doing some business... if that was even a concern at all, but idk if maybe that's a relationship Nintendo wants to keep strong since like them or not Activision does hold more than a few successful franchises under their belt.

Does any of this make Crash a guarantee? Well no, not really. There's no hard evidence toward his inclusion but he's one of the few characters at this point who feel like they're sort of a no-brainer. I was very adamant about him not happening in base game or FP1, because Crash had only recently revived himself and I wanted to see if he had staying power. And at this moment I feel like he's proven that. So the bigger question is, why not? There's really nothing stopping him.

Want: 65%
If you asked me a little while back this would have been a lot lower, but I've come to really appreciate what Crash could be. He's just this immensely destructive character, a living weapon, and he's completely insane. As far as personality goes he would certainly stand out among the cast and probably bring a super fun moveset with him. Not my most wanted or anything but I think I'd end up pretty happy with him.

Just for the love of god, get his design right. I might be in the minority here but I think he looks butt ugly in N-Sane Trilogy and some of his expressions are just uncanny, they don't push it far enough.

Spyro the Dragon

Chance: 0.5%
Wow pretty harsh right? Look, I've got nothing against Spyro, but if Activision gets a character, and if the west gets another platforming mascot, it won't be him. It'll be his buddy Crash, and he'll be lucky to get acknowledged as a Mii hat or a spirit. There isn't much more to say here, Spyro is just not a competition for Crash at all.

Want: 50%
I like Spyro's design quite a bit, I think his modern incarnation looks better than Crash too. I also think he'd have a pretty fun moveset. But I mean, I don't have any attachment to his games either and there are plenty of other characters I would ask for way before Spyro comes to mind. It would also feel very weird having him instead of Crash, and getting them both would just feel like overkill.

Predictions
Tracer - 7.75%
Thrall - 4.5%

Nomination: Travis Touchdown Re-vote x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Sonic
Chance:50%: Crash does have a LOT of things going for him, with the N-Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled being successful, and rumors of more remakes on the way. But I don't think he is nearly as likely as Geno, Ryu H., Chief, Lloyd, and Dante. He could happen, but on the other hand he couldn't. Perfectly balanced.
Want:90%: I loved the N-Sane Trilogy, and Crash would be cool in Smash. Plus, he has a bazooka. That sounds awesome.
Abstain on Spyro; I haven't played any Spyro games, so I couldn't fairly judge him in Want and would probably be biased against him in chance.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My write ups will be live soon. Expect a very high score on Crash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Bash Crandicoot

Chance: 50%
Crash is a massive icon. Probably the most iconic third party not still in the game. His games defined a generation and a console. Despite being up against the revolutionary Super Mario 64, Crash blazed his own trail and managed to butt heads with the titan. He's still relevant and heading to greater heights (imo, it's a matter of time before we get an all-new Crash, I could see one being revealed as soon as this E3). He has a strong connection to Nintendo, both as a rival and for his later appearances on their consoles, including currently. He's wildly popular in Japan, one of the few Western characters with that claim to fame. Needless to say, he has moveset potential. He trounces all his intra-company competition. I echo most people when I say that if we get one Western character, it's Crash.

Want: 90%
I'm a fan of Crash and I'm a fan of having this kind of third party characters.

Dyro the Spragon

Chance: 0%
If Crash gets in, I'll give him a very high score. Before Crash? He has no chance.

Want: 91%
I'm more fond of the idea of Spyro in Smash, I'm just more drawn to having a quadruped. But I'll be happy with Crash, for sure.

Tracer prediction: criminally low because of a controversy that won't matter at all, 21.3%
Thrall prediction: criminally high, 2.4%

Noms: Kiryu x5

when are we gonna lock the Top 7?
After day 404.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Jumping on here to get rid of the lava that's burning through my bloodstream thanks to my drunken stepmother, and talk about something that makes me happy for a change. Go to the unhappy thread of you're curious, but my mental health checklist is gonna have some negative boxes checked off at my doctor's appointment tomorrow...

Crash Bandicoot
Chance: 90%
Want: 100%

(Ignoring that one random and fake leaker.) This guy is a legendary character and infamous rival of Mario and Sonic during the 90's console wars, and his inclusion is just waiting to happen. He's extremely popular, iconic, and fits right in with the rest of the cast. And there isn't really anything going against Crash, excluding a certain leaker who was randomly disconfirming characters and was already considered BS immedialtely after his lucky prerelease with his "Ender Dragon Boss." N. Sane Trilogy and CTR Nitro Feuled have also been extremely successful on the Switch and other consoles worldwide. Activision is also super friendly with Nintendo, so I feel Crash's inclusion could happen around E3. And no, I don't consider Blizzard as competition for Crash, and while Activision is owned by Blizzard, they are still two separate companies that make their own decisions. (They only work together for things like COD Black Ops IV and Destiny anyway...)

Crash Bandicoot was a part of my childhood. I was obsessed with CTR as a kid, and recently bought the N. Sane Trilogy on Xbox with my leftover Christmas money. If he got in, it would feel like sweet victory considering how stressed out I am right now. I feel like Mario vs Sonic vs Crash is destined to happen eventually, and Smash is the perfect place for it.

Abstaining on Spyro

Tracer: 22.84%
Thrall: 1.42%

No idea who I want to nominate sooooo

That one ****-head called Tick from Brawl Stars x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Spinning Bandicoot

Chance: 60%

Gaming icon? Check
Popular in the west and east? Check
viable moveset? Check
owned by a cooperative company? Check
Nintendo history? Check
Lots of fan request? Check

Crash fills every check mark. With his revival games doing very good and his name back in the minds of the general public, this would be a good time to add Crash to Smash. He is an icon that fought against Sonic and Mario and with Activision being friendly with Nintendo and the Switch, this all combines into a recipe of a character being likely. His only big hurdle is being a western character, but he is one of the few characters I can see actually making it pass that hurdle.

I love Crash Bandicoot. I want him soooo badly to be in the game. It's partially nostalgic talk, but his games are very charming and I can imagine a N. Sanity Beach With Cortex's Castle in the background, references spread throughout the stage, and various allies and villains like Coco, Crunch, N Gin, and Dingodile being in the background. I'm fanboying as I type this. I love the music and I think it's quite a different flavor from most of the music in the game. Hearing the N Sanity Beach theme and the Warp Room music from Crash 3 would be awesome and a dream come true. It reminds me of when I watched let's plays of the trilogy as a young kid and I wanted to play the games but the PS1 copies were expensive. Thankfully with the N Sane Trilogy, I could finally play these games and play them I did. And before that, I did have some Crash games like Twinsanity, Nitro Kart, Crash Team Racing, and even Crash of the Titans. I got the N Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled day one and played the heck out of them. The series is close to my heart and it would mean a lot to me if Crash Bandicoot got added to my favorite game, the biggest crossover of all time.

Spyro

Chance: 9%

Unfortunately I can't see Spyro making it in. He is not well known in Japan and overall, Crash gets more attention and fan votes. Crash would certainly get in first before Spyro. There is honestly not a lot to say. While the more popular character doesn't always get in first, the fact that Spyro is obscure in Japan compared to Crash basically kills his chances and keep in mind, I'm doing these ratings based on the mindset that Fighters Pass 2 will be the end. In other words, I can't see Activision out of all companies getting two reps in one pass.

Want: 75%

What a heck of a coincidence. I just bought the Reignited Trilogy a couple days ago and have been having a blast with it. I did play a little bit of Spyro as a kid, but I don't have nearly as much of an attachment to him as I do with Crash. Honestly there is a part of me that would be peeved at Spyro if he got in because that would mean he took Crash's spot. But besides that, if he did make it in, he would be really cool. His stage would be really charming and Spyro would have an interesting moveset. I'm up for it.

Predictions:
Tracer - 10%
Thrall - 4.4%

Noms: Crypto x5

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Jumping on here to get rid of the lava that's burning through my bloodstream thanks to my drunken stepmother, and talk about something that makes me happy for a change. Go to the unhappy thread of you're curious, but my mental health checklist is gonna have some negative boxes checked off at my doctor's appointment tomorrow...

Crash Bandicoot
Chance: 90%

(Ignoring that one random and fake leaker.) This guy is a legendary character and infamous rival of Mario and Sonic during the 90's console wars, and his inclusion is just waiting to happen. He's extremely popular, iconic, and fits right in with the rest of the cast. And there isn't really anything going against Crash, excluding a certain leaker who was randomly disconfirming characters and was already considered BS immedialtely after his lucky prerelease with his "Ender Dragon Boss." N. Sane Trilogy and CTR Nitro Feuled have also been extremely successful on the Switch and other consoles worldwide. Activision is also super friendly with Nintendo, so I feel Crash's inclusion could happen around E3. And no, I don't consider Blizzard as competition for Crash, and while Activision is owned by Blizzard, they are still two separate companies that make their own decisions. (They only work together for things like COD Black Ops IV and Destiny anyway...)

Crash Bandicoot was a part of my childhood. I was obsessed with CTR as a kid, and recently bought the N. Sane Trilogy on Xbox with my leftover Christmas money. If he got in, it would feel like sweet victory considering how stressed out I am right now. I feel like Mario vs Sonic vs Crash is destined to happen eventually, and Smash is the perfect place for it.

Abstaining on Spyro

Tracer: 22.84%
Thrall: 1.42%

No idea who I want to nominate sooooo

That one ****-head called Tick from Brawl Stars x5
Jsyk. Blizzard is owned by Activision and not the other way around. Friendly switcheroo!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Freddy Fazbear x180
Kazuma Kiryu x170
The Blob (De Blob) x155
Crypto x140
Carmen Sandiego x140
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x115
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x110

100 - 51

Gex x105
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x105
Reporter & Wrestler x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x75
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Chun-Li x65
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x65
Big Daddy (BioShock) x65
Meowth x64
Decidueye x62
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x57

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Ring Fit Adventurer x50
Earthworm Jim x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
[Rerate] Paper Mario x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Mii Costume: Quote x35
Concept: Darksiders rep x30
Segata Sanshiro x30
Boss: Ender Dragon x29
Urbosa x25
Giygas x25
Bubsy x25

Under 25

Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x22
Terra Branford x18
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x18
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Concept: DLC music packs x15
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Kratos x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
Black Shadow x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
Guardian (Destiny) x5
Sirfetch'd x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
[Rerate] Monokuma x5
Concept: Level-5 rep x5
Chell x3
Magolor x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
3 Mage Sisters x2
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x2
Taranza x1

Concept: Octopath Traveler rep travels past Gex, stealing seventh place from the unlucky gecko.

Your new challengers are Monokuma and Level-5 rep, both with 5 noms.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Crash:
Chance: 90%-Can't help but find Crash as incredibly likely because of his pedigree as a video game mascot. After all we're talking about Mario's former PS rival before become multi-plat. He's just got as many credentials as Sonic to be considered for Smash.
Want: 80%-I love the guy. On the concept of just having all this video game mascots, he's pretty cool; but as far as being a playable character goes, I have a small problem with the cartoony third-party characters and it's that all of them are not really fun to play; but that's honestly kind of an stretch. He's more than welcome to Smash in my eyes.

Spyro:
Chance: 0%-Yeah, I don't expect Crash and Spyro to co-exist in this game. I just don't find Spyro to be that much of a big name character, and since he's competing with everyone's favourite red bandicoot, I don't expect him to happen unless there's a third season and Crash is already in the game by that point (and I'm not exactly confident on such thing happening).
Want: 10%-Never been a fan of Spyro. Tried his games a few times, but never really got interested in his playstyle charging head first into enemies and the other skills he's got don't really convince me as well.

Nomination: Travis Touchdown x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain on Crash and Spyro. This is another one I can't quite decide on. On the one hand, they're both pretty iconic gaming mascots (moreso Crash, but they were both important) and clearly have fans supporting them. On the other hand... Activision. They've been the talk of the town as of late, and not necessarilly for good reason. It's a little hard to say if Nintendo would be willing to associate with them in terms of Smash.

Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

P.S.: Apparently the next Spirit Event is a Cuphead-themed one, but I can't find a source on it. If the Mii Costume didn't deconfirm him, then this probably does.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Crash
Chance 70 - I think this is really likely. Super iconic and for sure requested. Overall one of the biggest names in gaming. I think we're getting at least one western rep in the game for this FP and Smash usually starts with a bang, so things feel good here for him.

Want 99 - Only thing stopping me from slapping a full 100 is my love of Spyro. Crash checks all the boxes for an extremely hype DLC character. His inclusion would be the biggest one since Sonic got picked for Brawl.

Spyro
Chance 10 - Probably not happening when his biggest competition is one of the most iconic characters in gaming history. Also doesn't help that Japan hates his guts. Those two things make it really hard for me to see him getting in Smash. Sucks, because Spyro would be really fun but so is life.

Want 100- Love Spyro. Had one of his games on the gameboy as a kid(IDK which one, just know I didnt beat it because I was like 10 and a moron) and loved the game to death. Ever since then I've wanted to find it back and beat it along with a lot of my old gameboy games. Point is, I like Spyro and I want him in Smash

Predictions
Tracer - 25%
Thrall - 2%

Noms:
Big Daddy x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Crash:
Chance: 30%
Crash is an icon. If he's not the biggest icon missing out on Smash, he's second for sure. My only issue is with his ownership. Crash is owned by Activision. Just like Tracer. I have a feeling that if we get an Activision rep, we'll be getting Tracer. Overwatch is still a big deal(or maybe it's dying, it seems to flip every couple of weeks tbh) and Activision might want to push it harder than they would Crash. Crash is by no means dead by this fact, but I do think it's something that hurts his chances. Both Crash and Tracer could get in, but I don't find it likely.

Want: 60%
I'm not really a Crash fan. I think he's pretty deserving of a slot though.

Spyro:
Chance: 2%
Sorry Spyro, you have a chance but it's very low. I don't see how you make it past both Crash and Tracer. With less relevance than Tracer and less demand than Crash, it just doesn't look good.

Want: 12%
I have played a Spyro Gameboy game before and liked it. I don't think he deserves to be in over Crash.

Noms: Gnar(League of Legends) x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
CASH BANOOCA (again)

Chance: 85%
He’s done too much for gaming to not be in. In fact, here’s a tweet that echoes my feelings exactly:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Want: 100 Wumpa Fruits
Yes, yes, yes. Crash Bandicoot is one of my favorite franchises (even if only through the N. Sane Trilogy, though I grew up with Twinsanity).

Spyro
Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

I had a few Universal-era Spyro games when I was little (yes, even Enter the Dragonfly) However, the only one I’ve played is Spyro Orange, so cant really comment.

Trader and Thrall: 0-20%

Noms: Ring Fit Adventurer x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Crash
Chance: 70%
I think Crash has a really good chance of happening. He's popular worldwide and was once recognized as the mascot of the Playstation. He had a recent revival that was received well and put him back into the spotlight. I would actually be surprised if he doesn't get anything at all when Ultimate's development ceases.

Want: 90%
Crash was a part of my childhood. I believe he is only second to Mario when it comes to being the most iconic platforming mascot. For a game that prides itself in being the greatest gaming crossover, it would be a major blow to that title if Crash doesn't get in.

Spyro
Chance: 15%
Spyro is most likely not getting in before Crash. It's undeniable that Crash is a bigger name than Spyro, and it's also undeniable that Spyro didn't perform that well in Japan. Until Crash gets in I don't think Spyro has a realistic chance of getting in Smash.

Want: 80%
I would rate Spyro higher, but not until Crash gets in. I love Spyro and his games but I always liked Crash more.

Prediction:
Tracer 21.2%
Thrall 4.6%

Nomination: Kratos x5

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Dropping in to give Crash and Spyro the ratings they deserve

Crash:
80% Chance
We can't be certain that Activision would be willing to co-operate with Nintendo, but he is definitely one of the most internationally recognised and beloved videogame icons, and I doubt that they haven't at least tried to include him in the new Fighters Pass.

99% Want

Crash is my second most wanted character, not just because he's an awesome mascot who would be fun to play, but because he would open the door for my favourite video game character of all time.

Spyro:
39% Chance

Spyro's odds of getting in before Crash are a big fat 0%, but if Crash gets a spot, then Spyro's inclusion would be inevitable.

100% WANT!!!
Spyro the Dragon is my favourite videogame character of all time. The first thing I did upon starting Smash Ultimate on launch day was create a Mii Gunner who looks like Spyro, and I will main that specific Mii Gunner until Spyro gets the representation he truly deserves.

This 100% rating is not to be taken lightly.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Eh, people seem to be splitting the odds for Crash and Spyro, but to me they seem to have roughly the same odds given both of them have trilogies on modern system.

Crash or Spyro:
Very Approx 10% chance which is technically good because there are so many good characters.

Spyro Want:
30%

Crash Want:
15%

Since I have played Spyro games, though my cousin seemed to like Crash. I am not exactly looking for Spyro to join smash though, would rather play the games themselves. Definitely naturally prefer Tracer if you are telling me to root for someone in a battle of representatives.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Spinny Boy

Chance: 49%
I'm honestly having a harder time than seemingly most people here seeing Crash as all that likely. Sure, he has the legacy and popularity in Japan, but there's still the large hurdle of him being a Western-developed character. Granted, Banjo and Kazooie made it in, but they initially were a Nintendo-owned franchise. That all said, if there's a character that can truly break this trend, I imagine that Crash could be it. It's just a matter of it happening in the first place.

Want: 0%

Never played a single one of Crash's games, and from what I've seen of them, they really don't look that interesting to me. Crash himself I also can't really see as having the basis for an actual interesting moveset, considering that the most he ever does is spin.

Scaly Boy

Chance: 10%
Well, pretty much everyone else has already said it. Crash and Spyro pretty much belong together, and there's no way that Spyro is gonna make it in before Crash. What's especially not helping is that Spyro lacks the popularity in Japan that Crash has.

Want: 15%
Again, similar to Crash, never played a game, only seen them in action. From what I've seen though, Spyro does seem like he has some decent potential for an interesting moveset. And of course, he'd be another quadrupedal fighter, which is currently a very small group of characters in Smash.

Predicting Tracer to get 17.8% and Thrall to get 1.32%.

Nominating Any Octopath Traveler rep x5.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Crash
Crash is also one of these characters that has a lot on his favor and not much against it. To the point that I would say the most likely western characters are him or one of the Microsoft boys. Breaking it down, he has both historical and current relevance, plus he's been in Nintendo systems since the GBA. Being popular in Japan also helps.

I personally don't see anyone else from Activision or Blizzard making it before Crash. Overwatch and WoW certainly have the credentials, but not the same demand. When it comes to the company as a whole, Crash seems to be the frontrunner.

My number one most wanted when it comes to platformers. My memories of playing the original Crash trilogy are my favorite Sony console memories. I like seeing his ressurgence and would love to see him immortalized in Smash.

Spyro
Chance: 5%
Unlike Crash, his original games bombed in Japan and he never quite reached the same level of fame as his marsupial friend - though he's still loved in the west. Spyro is a bit like Klonoa in the sense that, for him to stand a chance, several others from Activision Blizzard would have to make it in first. Sadly, I don't even see the Reignited Trilogy helping his case much.

Want: 30%
Unlike Crash, I never really played his games, only watched them on Youtube. But eh, I guess he could have an interesting moveset. More quadrupeds in Smash can't be bad for variety, especially not a dragon with a lot of different platforming moves at his disposal.

Predictions
Tracer: 13.2%
Thrall: 5.1%

Nominations
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x 5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
ignore this, was getting posts for next day ready and accidentally submitted

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Crash

Chance - 30% - Being one of the few stand-outs, he seems like a shoo-in. However, as a Western character there are several question marks about his appearance. With Banjo being the only example thus far, we don't know how hard it would be to get a character in. Still, it would be foolish to not completely count him out, as if anyone can break through the barrier through sheer popularity again, it's him.

Want - 50% - Eh... never played one of his games. It would mostly come down into implementation to me. Let me see him in action in smash so I can form my opinion on him.

Spyro

Chance - 0.5% - Crash is basically him but way more popular. While there might be a few edge cases where he might get in over Crash, I don't see it.

Want - 50% - I actually played one of his games, but that was so long ago I don't remember much. I don't think I got much progress either. So basically nothing to really change my opinion, which ends up the same as Crash's.

Nominations

De Blob X5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Heihachi
37.58% Chance - 53.60% Want
First time we rated him he got 7.82% chance and 24.82% want. Back then people thought the character had been retired. Last time we rated him he got 42.94% chance and 56.40% want. This was not too long ago, hence the similar results.
Winner of predictions is Ninjaed Ninjaed with a precise 38.00%

Nightmare
18.74% Chance - 57.27% Want
Winner of predictions is Nemuresu Nemuresu with 18.27%

Sol Badguy
31.00% Chance - 51.18% Want
Last time we rated him he got 28.25% chance and 50.43% want. Not many changes.
Winner of predictions is Icedragonadam Icedragonadam with 31.44%

Ragna the Bloodedge
14.25% Chance - 37.19% Want
Winner of predictions is Ninjaed Ninjaed with a precise 14.00%

The people with extra nominations are

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 10
DaUsername DaUsername 57
Delzethin Delzethin 5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 33
Icedragonadam Icedragonadam 5
NintenRob NintenRob 100
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Ninjaed Ninjaed 10
Perkilator Perkilator 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 10

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Smash Bandicoot
Chance: 85%
Crash has a lot going for him, like his worldwide popularity, his recent series revival, and being the only character besides Sonic to ever be considered a legitimate rival to Mario. The only thing really holding him back is the fact that he's owned by a western company, but we've been getting an increasing amount of Western content recently (Banjo, Sans costume, Cuphead content, etc.) so that might not be as much of a problem as we think.
As far as other potential Activision characters go, while there are bigger franchises, none of them have characters as iconic as Crash. Even then, we got Banjo before Master Chief so anything's possible.
In case it isn't obvious, I really like Crash. Playing as him in Smash would be really cool.

Ridley Jr.
Chance: 20%
While Crash and Spyro are similar in a lot of ways, I don't see any possible situation where Spyro gets in before Crash, Crash is just the bigger character, especially in Japan. Even if DLC goes on long enough for us to get two Activision characters, I'm not completely sure that Spyro would be the second character.
Want: N/A
I really need to get into the Spyro series.

Tracer prediction: 20%
Other guy prediction: 2%
Noms: Gen 8 Pokemon x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Weird question, I know, but has anybody at any point nominated Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine? Because... the game's creator deconfirmed him.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Weird question, I know, but has anybody at any point nominated Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine? Because... the game's creator deconfirmed him.

I used the search function to search for the term "Bendy" in this thread and only one person in this thread has ever mentioned Bendy the character outside of today. Needless to say I don't think this deconfirmation will come as a shock to many.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I had Bendy on my list of characters I'd consider if I completely ran out of names to nom. That would be after like 6 or 7 more names at least though

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 100%
I don't see Crash not being in. I really don't. Not only are his games available on Switch now, he's also a mascot just as iconic as Banjo & Kazooie... in fact, probably more. We've got 3/4 console mascots in Smash now: Mario, Sonic and Banjo&Kazooie. Only need Crash to fill that last slot (and then we can finally Nep it up!)
But yeah, I fail to see reasons against Crash's inclusion. Iconic? Check. Moveset potential? Check. Fun? Check. Unique? Check. Good enough relation between the companies? Check (again, his games are now on switch). Requested by fans? Check, which means he'd sell as DLC.

Want: 60%
I've actually never played his games, but he's goofy and cartoony, he'd fit right in within Smash. A friend of mine just loves his games and instantly bought the remakes. I'm not too big on him but I can see fun to be had playing him in Smash, so yeah. By all means, accept the invitation.

Spyro

Chance: 0%
In what world would Spyro get in before Crash? Sorry but I just don't see it. At least not now. Maybe in a future instalment, who knows?

Want: 10%
Fire-breathing dragon... again? Okay bad faith aside, it is true we've got a few fire-breathing characters now. Luckily, Spyro does have potential to be fun but it'd be a bit hard to make him feel unique. Not overly so but enough that it'd affect his chances... if he currently had any. And enough to make me wish for another character without remorse.

Predictions:
Tracer - 4%
Thrall - 1%

Nominations: Segata Sanshiro x5 (+10)

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
We've got 3/4 console mascots in Smash now: Mario, Sonic and Banjo&Kazooie. Only need Crash to fill that last slot (and then we can finally Nep it up!)
How in the world are Banjo & Kazooie a console mascot? They are in no way characters that you'd immediately associate with XBox. The only one who'd fit that role is Master Chief.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Fire-breathing dragon... again? Okay bad faith aside, it is true we've got a few fire-breathing characters now. Luckily, Spyro does have potential to be fun but it'd be a bit hard to make him feel unique. Not overly so but enough that it'd affect his chances... if he currently had any. And enough to make me wish for another character without remorse.
If you're referring to Charizard, worry not, Spyro's frame and the way he moves alone are much different and would instantly make him a much different fighter, let alone moveset differences.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
How in the world are Banjo & Kazooie a console mascot? They are in no way characters that you'd immediately associate with XBox. The only one who'd fit that role is Master Chief.
I know but I don't think we'll see Master Chief in Smash any time soon. Banjo & Kazooie are probably the best we're gonna get. Though I wouldn't mind being proven wrong here.
If you're referring to Charizard, worry not, Spyro's frame and the way he moves alone are much different and would instantly make him a much different fighter, let alone moveset differences.
True but we have both Charizard and Ridley. Spyro would be different but... I don't know, I'd just rather have other characters like Amaterasu or Kat for Sony first.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
CRASH BANDICOOT

Completely disregarding any leaks and speculation, I think Crash has a great shot for Smash. Already we have every big Crash game remade, plus many other Activision properties, featured on the Switch. Even beyond this system we have many other instances of Activision getting a strong sense of trust with Nintendo and its properties with a clear example being Bowser and DK in Skylanders. Crash is undeniably the face of PlayStation's golden era, and has been a strong request amongst fans for a long time, so I have absolute confidence in Crash showing up to really cement Smash as a massive gaming crossover.

Want: 85%

I've seen a lot of potential over the years for what Crash could do in Smash and I think he could be one of the most expressive characters in Smash history, so I'd love to see him in.

SPYRO THE DRAGON

Chance: 10%

Unfortunately, Spyro is more of a carp compared to the catfish that is Crash Bandicoot. As far as legacy and adoration for here and overseas goes, Crash outclasses Spyro by a huge margin, so their's really no reason for them to go with second fiddle.

Want: 66%

I definitely have closer attachments to Spyro, as I've made one of my closest friendships thanks to Skylanders and Spyro, and I can definitely see Spyro having some great moveset potential, but my have my priorities and would prefer seeing Crash first.

Nominations: Monokuma (Danganronpa) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
True but we have both Charizard and Ridley. Spyro would be different but... I don't know, I'd just rather have other characters like Amaterasu or Kat for Sony first.
I'm sorry, what does Kat have to do with anything? She's not an actual cat, so she wouldn't be a quadruped, if that's what you think.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
TCT said he was going to post a big writeup on Crash/Spyro but it's been days since then. I did send him a PM yesterday about how everyone wanted the day to end already, though the last time he was online was just a few hours before I sent it. He's probably dealing with IRL stuff at the moment.

If he doesn't post it or update me by tonight, I'm just gonna end the day myself because this rating has gone on long enough. If this were any other rating I'd just end it already, but I'm gonna give him some time to at least respond since I know how much Crash and especially Spyro mean to him.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
TCT said he was going to post a big writeup on Crash/Spyro but it's been days since then. I did send him a PM yesterday about how everyone wanted the day to end already, though the last time he was online was just a few hours before I sent it. He's probably dealing with IRL stuff at the moment.

If he doesn't post it or update me by tonight, I'm just gonna end the day myself because this rating has gone on long enough. If this were any other rating I'd just end it already, but I'm gonna give him some time to at least respond since I know how much Crash and especially Spyro mean to him.
Maybe we could just let him post his later, and not count the results from this day until he does? That'd solve both issues I think.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ok I think it's been long enough so I'm gonna end the day now. TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom feel free to post your Crash/Spyro rating whenever you have time. With that said:

Day over.

Rate Tracer from Overwatch and Thrall from World of Warcraft.

Predict The Knight from Hollow Knight as well as Hat Kid from A Hat in Time.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Here are some songs for today's characters:

Tracer

Thrall

Top Bottom