• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%

Want: 0%

KOS-MOS did appear in Xenoblade 2 but that doesn't effect anything IMO. Xenosaga is really obscure right now compared to Xenoblade and Heihachi and Lloyd are the frontrunners for another Namco Rep.

Azura Prediction: 5.05%

Nominate my preferred Namco Rep, Lloyd Irving x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
492 Core Crystals Later...

Chance: 5%
Can't rate her much higher than this in good conscience. All she really has going for is her recent cameo in XC2, and people are already debating over whether XC2 came too late for Rex and Pyra to join in, so it most definitely came too late for it to matter for KOS-MOS. She is shared property of Monolith Soft and Namco, so I'm not gonna say it's impossible, but even so, Namco likely has other characters they'd rather push like Lloyd Irving, Heihachi, Klonoa, etc. She basically has every single problem Geno has that people like to point out, only with a smidge more relevance thanks to a couple of recent cameos, but without the massive advantage of already being a long-standing member of Sakurai's personal wishlist.

Want: 50%
Honestly, she seems cool, even if I can't unlock her for the life of me. There are only a few other Xeno-series characters I'd rather see get in over her (not including the oft-speculated Rex & Pyra), and no other potential Namco rep would really interest me, in all honesty. I'm not holding my breath, of course, but she'd certainly make a killer assist trophy, if nothing else.

Nominating Tingle x5

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS

Chance: 25%
Want: 15%

Granted I’d probably accept them more than Lloyd just because her series wasn’t oversaturated, But it’d be incredibly disappointed seeing the potential of a second Namco rep being wasted on another Xeno-series character. I want actual third party exclusives, Not characters that belong in a first/second party but have liscensing issues to get like Geno.

Nominate: Pac-Man World moveset X5

Can’t wait for Lloyd’s day just because... I have some things to say about his franchise and overall character and they are not nessisarily positive. It’s gonna be a long description for sure, probably my longest.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
KOS-MOS want: 15% (25-10*)

Her design is hot (without her character focusing on being sexy, afaik) and looks ****in cool. She has a lot of flashy sci-fi weaponry, too.

Nominations:

Decloned Ganondorf x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
KOS MOS

Chance: 1%
Arguably Monolith's most iconic character from the Xeno games. With that said however the Xenoblade games are Nintendo exclusives with their own characters to pull from which are owned by Nintendo themselves rather than Bandai Namco, who holds the rights to KOS-MOS. Of course close ties with Namco could give her somewhat of a chance but since there are other Namco characters that are more relevant and more popular; Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, Nightmare to name a few...she could very well fall under the radar.

Yes, she did have a bit of a cameo in XC2, but if anyone's getting in from that game in particular it'd would most definitely be Rex & Pyra.

Honestly, no real attachment to the character. Nor am I really interested. As far as Monolith characters go Elma is my number 1 choice.

----

Azura-7.01%
Basically Chrom 2.0 in a sense that the avatar was chosen over her.

----

Dark Samus x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS
Chance: 5% - A rather iconic face of the pre-Nintendo “Xeno” series who has appeared in several crossovers and was quite heavily promoted. I guess I’d consider her the third most likely Namco rep after Pac-Man and Heihachi.
Want: 70%

Azura prediction: 2%

Nominations: Eevee x5

RandomAce

Smash Champion
KOS MOS:

I don’t really see the possibility of KOS MOS joining the battle. Maybe as an assist trophy considering how she is the most well know Xeno character before Xenoblade, but with Rex/Pyra and Elma being more prominent and popular characters from Monolith Soft that could get in, I don’t think she has a chance.

Want: 30%

She looks really cool with all her weapons and stuff, but I don’t know enough about Xeno Saga or her to really want her. I’d rather go for Rex/Pyra or Elma.

Nominations:
x5 Monster Hunter

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Kos-Mos
Chance: ABSTAIN
This is a character whose chances seem very volatile. I've only heard of them a few months ago and still barely know anything about their history/significance. I'd rather not inflate objective chances.

However, Want is opinion based. My limited opinion/impression of Kos-Mos is that while they exude a sense of fanservice, their character design looks very cool and would be unique in Smash. We need more sci-fi in Smash and those giant railgun things look awesome. I'd like to see more niche characters in Smash because they can get me into unknown franchises which I very well may enjoy a ton. The only real detractor is that I don't know her that well and would be more excited about reveals of many other things.

Azura: 5%
IMO, she's more likely than Y'all would think due to the nature of Fates being shoved into everything it can. Also, Fates' release date fits perfectly for being included more in Smash Switch development.

Noms: Lara Croft x5

Graizen

Smash Champion
Kos-Mos
Chances: 5%

Love her so much! But realy think her chances are not so good.

Nomination: Agumon x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'll abstain from both ratings today. While I know her somewhat, I can't fully proper judge her prospects. I don't think she's the kind of third party character Sakurai will go for, but her appearance in Xenoblade 2 gives her something other third parties lack - being included in a main Nintendo game.

Certainly a potential dark horse, although I'd still be shocked if she is the one selected among the third parties available out there.

Nominating Toon Zelda x3, Lara Croft x2

wildvine47

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS

Chance: 3% - There's a laundry list's worth of Namco characters more worthy of a Smash spot than her. In the grand scheme of third parties, she's absolutely a nobody, and she doesn't have a ballot miracle to save her like Bayonetta did. She's not happening unless Sakurai really, REALLY gives into his Xenoblade bias.

Want: 10% - Nah. Even from Namco alone, I'd much rather see Heihachi, Agumon, a Tales character, a Soul Calibur character, and many more before we get down to KOS-MOS's level. Let's stick with the actual iconic third parties, shall we?

Predictions

Azura: 4.85% - Azura couldn't even get into her own franchise's crossover game at first, and that one was even further limited to just three games. She'll drown in the ocean's gray waves before they ever even get near Smash.

Nominations

You know what, he's been teetering on the edge of Top 7 for so long, I'll lend a hand to finally get him rated. Then maybe some of the Agumon supporters can help me boost Scorpion to the top once he's locked in?

Agumon x 5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x261
Lip x257
Dark Samus x255
Travis Touchdown x254
Urban Champion x249
Mipha x248
Sylux x247

Over 200:

Agumon x246
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x240
Excitebiker x240
Pyra/Mythra x232
Masked Link x227
Cranky Kong x212
Concept: Skyrim representation x210
Gengar x200

199-150

Kamek x198
Wonder Red x197
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x195
Parabo & Satebo x174
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x169
Steve x169
Linkle x165
Lloyd Irving x165
Tingle x161
Papyrus x158
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150

149-100

Sakura Shinguji x148
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x145
Neku Sakuraba x144
Sable Prince x143
Ryu Hayabusa x140
Lara Croft x138
Tetra x137
Thwomp x131
Katrielle Layton x120
Scorpion x118
Tsubasa Oribe x115
Django x115
Slippy Toad x115
Fawful x111
Octoling x110

99-75

Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x99
2B x96
Barbara x95
DeMille x93
Labo-related character x90
Veteran: Corrin x88
Balloon Fighter x87
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
Primarina x85
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x83
Ray x83
Smash Run x80
Leon Kennedy x80
Fjorm x75
Klonoa x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x71
Stage: New Donk City x70
Arcade Bunny x70
[Rerate] King K. Rool x65
Concept: Monster Hunter character x65
Starfy x64
Gooey x64
Zeraora (Pokémon) x63
Dragonite x62
Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x60
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x60
Tails x55
Tora & Poppi x52
Toon Zelda x52
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Rick/Coo/Kine x45
Eevee x45
Breidablik Item x44
Concept: Wars character x43
Louie x40
Slime x40
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Viridi x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
9-Volt x31
Concept: Transformation characters x30
Concept: Female Announcer x30
Meowth x30
Snorlax x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
Mach Rider x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Endou Mamoru x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Ayumi Tachibana x26
T-Rex x25
Nikki x25
Neptune x25

24 and less:

Solaire x24
Yu Narakumi x21
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x20
Concept: Boss Battles x15
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
Joker x10
Concept: Multiple Voice Acting Options x10
Rowlet x10
Ninten x7
Black Mage x6
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Concept: Pac Man World-based Moveset x5
Blastoise x5
Ashley Miziku Robbins x5
Mushashi x5
Concept: 16-Player Smash x5
Concept: DLC Announcers x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2
Stage: Metal Caverns x2

Changes:

Added a red font to indicate who's in danger of being purged
Top 7 moves around quite a bit. Sylux is the big loser who went from 2nd to 7th in one day.
Toon Zelda breaks 50 noms. She is safe.
Neptune breaks 25 noms.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I was notified in my KOS-MOS thread that she was going to be rated today in this thread. Again, much like last time, people do not do their research and that's exactly why I dont like taking part in this rating game. KOS-MOS is actually more likely than you all think but maybe because nobody even checks out my thread or does any research that she's rated as 1% or 5% chance. I find that really unsettling considering people do fair ratings for other characters but seeing posts here is just baffling. Do you people even know anything about KOS-MOS AT ALL? She's more likely now ever since this year because she has made a CAMEO as a Xenoblade 2 rare blade and an extremely popular one at that. They had the opportunity to ask Namco to use her for the game and they did. FOLLOWING THAT, her popularity has increased a lot and more people have been talking about her on the internet now. There was a RECENT TRADEMARK of the 3rd Xenosaga game which you can check out here https://gematsu.com/2018/04/bandai-...i-subtitle-also-sprach-zarathustra-in-the-u-s AGAIN, you'd all know this if you did research.

FURTHERMORE, KOS-MOS and T-ELOS are in Xenoblade 2 TOGETHER as of recent. T-ELOS has been brought to the game as a gift for clearing the story which MAKES her chances more. She can use T-ELOS as an alternate outfit for smash. Sakurai also loves Xenoblade 2 and with recent rumours that Namco is working on smash, she's more relevant THAN ever before. Hell, this is KOS-MOS's year to shine and if the trademark hints at a Xenosaga HD collection or new game on switch, then it's entirely possible that she can join.

FAQ

1) Who is KOS-MOS and why have I never heard of her?

A. KOS-MOS is from the Xenosaga JRPG series on ps2 that released in Japan and North America. Europeans only got the 2nd episode. You likely don't know who she is because Xenosaga needs more popularity worldwide. You might recognize her from Project X Zone, Mugen no frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, Namco X Capcom, cameos in tales games, and even as a CAS in the soul calibur series.

2) What can KOS-MOS do that is so unique for smash bros?

A. KOS-MOS is a one man army. She is capable of taking care of herself and rarely needs help when battling. KOS-MOS is capable of using Blades, swords, cannons, Gatling guns, drills, beams, sabers, pistols and much more. She has so much moveset potential and would be perfect for smash bros.

3) What is her relevance to Nintendo? She seems like such an obscure character.

A. A lot of fans are quick to diminish KOS-MOS to the lowest possible level of chances but they really don't know that she does actually have chances. KOS-MOS is Namco's baby and she is put in any crossover game that deals with Namco.

A few examples include: Project X zone (She appears in this 3ds crossover game), Mugen no frontier super robot taisen OG saga (She appears in this ds namco game) She also has one of her own main series games on DS in Japan (Xenosaga I and II). Sadly, they have never been localized. KOS-MOS has recently been revealed as a Rare blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

With this reveal, KOS-MOS's chances for the next smash are higher than they ever were and if namco are the main developpers of the next smash it's gonna be a great choice to put her in. We are talking about KOS-MOS appearing in a main Xeno title on switch here!

Chances: 40%-50% max, 30% lowest

KOS-MOS is my most wanted fighter and has been for a long time. DO NOT post that she would not work or AUTOMATIC ZERO because she is not known. You are wrong. She has amazing potential. She has the power to give smash some unique fighters. I ask you to not judge her based on her appearing on Sony first, because by that logic, Bayonetta should not appear because her first game was on xbox and ps3. She is without a doubt a very unique fighter. She boasts an arsenal of weapons and magic. How can people say she would not be good for smash?

Want: 100%

KOS-MOS is by far my favourite video game character ever made. She's super badass, can use any weapon, and beautiful. I love her story and how powerful she is. Note: This doesnt mean she cant get into smash because she's overpowered in the lore. That would mean Ganondorf and Bayonetta should be excluded.

To learn more... visit my thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/kos-mos-reactivates-into-battle-kos-mos-for-smash-switch.451936/

Nominations: Fiorax5 if she hasnt been rated yet

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS

Everything I know about this character is from this thread.

And it wasn't very compelling.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay nevermind, I think I better abstain in this chance-wise, this is actually more volatile than I expected xDU

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sadly I'll be double-abstaining on Kos-Mos. Not familiar with Xenosaga, save her being an extremely rare Blade in XC2 that make's FGO's Gacha look blessed.

Nominations: Yu Narukami X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I She's more likely now ever since this year because she has made a CAMEO as a Xenoblade 2 rare blade and an extremely popular one at that.
She’s more likely than ever because she made a CAMEO in a game many see as having come out after the cutoff date for character selection?

Yeah you’re gonna have to work harder than that.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS

Chance: 2%
Nintendo would have to owe Namco a lot of favors for this to happen. She always seemed to me like the kind of character you stick onto any crossover because she was the go-to choice for the longest time.

But Smash isn't just any crossover, and she's not nearly big enough to qualify as a third-party candidate.

Want: Abstain
I'm sure she must have something to warrant her popularity, despite her archetype of suspiciously-youthful androids already being an oversaturated concept. But it's not something I can really see, and not something I can judge comfortably either.

Prediction:
Azura: 13%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Kosmos and Wanda
I'd give her a higher score if she was first party. As it is now, she's a somewhat obscure third party who's only made small and infrequent appearances. I feel there are other Namco characters more worthy an likely.
Never played her game. Also, I've yet to summon her in Xenoblade 2.

Azura Prediction: 3.11%

Nominations
9-Volt x3
Endou Mamoru x2

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Let's just ignore my whole post. Good grief :eyeroll:
To be fair, the only part of your post worth responding to was that single point, other than the trademark thing, which, in all likelihood, is just Namco trying to keep a grip on their series in case they go back and decide to do something with it in the future. Unless you seriously wanna tell me that Nintendo renewing the trademark on all of these games means they're coming back as well? Can't wait for the Link's Crossbow Training reboot, in that case. Good grief :eyeroll:

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Let's just ignore my whole post. Good grief :eyeroll:
I did read your whole post, and while you bring some good points, those same good points are what people in this thread have already taken into account when giving KOS-MOS 5% chance scores. You also ignore a lot of points against KOS-MOS, like her obscurity, the lack of certainty of her ever having another game, and particularly the comparison to Bayonetta (from now on a Nintendo exclusive) was pretty far fetched.

That said, I don’t know if it was intentional, but kudos on the use of good grief in an ironic fashion. I should have taken that into account.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
KOS-MOS Chance: 5%
What can be said has already been said. She's definitely not a character Namco would object to if Sakurai asked judging by all her cameos, but she's not requested much, if at all, and her franchise doesn't have the brightest future. Honestly, the only Namco newcomer I can see happening is Lloyd Irving.

Want: 30%

Azura Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Rex/ Pyra (rerate) X5

:094:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
KOS-MOS

Chance: Abstain

Yeah, I'll refrain from giving KOS-MOS a chance rating. All I know about Xenosaga is that it has KOS-MOS, T-elos, the Zohar, and Jesus Christ. Saga, and the rest of the Xeno games love to make references to Christianity. What I saw of KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 is a taste of what her character is like in her home game. Her even appearing was a big deal to some fans from what I saw.

Outside of my unfamiliarity of the character, I do enjoy using her as a blade in Xenoblade 2. Her level 2 special also functioning as a party healing ability is a blessing to have against the superbosses. I guess her series symbol would probably be the Zohar.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances: 12%

Predicated entirely on if Namco is still helping production. If Namco is helping with the game, her chances might be somewhat higher: It is a well known fact that KOS-MOS is a crossover darling that Namco and Monolith Soft love to shove into games, so I could see them lobbying for her inclusion, with her appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to fit the Cloud rule of a technical appearance. I still wouldn't rate her too high even if we were 100% certain, but the fact that she would likely get brought up helps her chances at minimum. It would be casual to have Shulk, her and...eugh...Rex & Pyra (or Pyra solo) to rep the 3 Xeno eras, although I doubt that is on Sakurai's mind.

Two things I feel could help her is A. She has the same kind of Sakurai-ish appeal of a "retro" character and B. She would very much fit a unique niche in Smash Brothers, which would fit with Sakurai's philosophy of having fighters bring something unique to the table. Her issues lie in being niche and not really a Nintendo character, which both push her down tremendously: She is heavily reliant on Namco/Monolith Soft lobbying for her inclusion. I'm kinda splitting the difference between what i feel is her high end (20%) and low end (3%). This makes her pretty unlikely...

Want: 97%

But damn, it would be cool! KOS-MOS is one of many characters where I have not actually played their main game, but am extremely interested and thus have researched a fairly large amount. She has some obvious solid potential: Swords, missiles, gattling guns, more obscure ones like a scythe or drill arm, and the X-Buster is a pretty obvious Final Smash. She has expansive potential given the fact she is obviously very futuristic, and she is actually a pretty interesting character who would definitely stand out amongst the rest of the Smash Cast. I would also so very much appreciate Xenosaga and Co getting attention over XC2, although there could be extra salt if Shulk got removed for freaking Rex.

Also, it would let us say "The robotic corpse of Mary Magdalene was added to Smash Brothers" and no other character can provide that level of amusement and confusion. She's one of those "I would really like them in but they will never get in" characters, although not as much as 2B.

Prediction

Azura: 50.5%

Nomination

2B x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS

- Unlikely. Xenoblade characters would probably take priority.

Want: 21%

- I do like her but she’s not a priority. She’s not Nia.

Prediction

Azura: 4.2%

Nomination

Neptune (Neptunia Series) x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
KOS-MOS

I'm sorry, but I don't see this happening. Xenosaga is a fairly niche and relatively obscure franchise, which should already doom a third party. To further hurt her chances the series also hasn't had a release in over a decade and has never had the strongest Nintendo presence. And thus it's also very unlikely that she made an impact on the ballot or had enough fan demand otherwise. Finally, even if Sakurai wants to put in more content from Namco Bandai, they have plenty of other, more notable/popular franchises to pick from, like Tekken, Soulcalibur, Tales, or Digimon. I just don't think KOS-MOS has much of a shot.

Of course if they did want to put her in, there would likely be absolutely no problem getting the rights to include her considering that she still shows up every so often. Just based on everything I would be very surprised if she gets considered for the roster. I could feasibly see her getting a trophy, though.

I have no connection to her, and ultimately there isn't really makes me want her. There's far too many other third parties I'm more interested in, including several from her own company.

Azura prediction: 4.53%

Nominations: Agumon x5

Let's just let him get rated already lol

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I did read your whole post, and while you bring some good points, those same good points are what people in this thread have already taken into account when giving KOS-MOS 5% chance scores. You also ignore a lot of points against KOS-MOS, like her obscurity, the lack of certainty of her ever having another game, and particularly the comparison to Bayonetta (from now on a Nintendo exclusive) was pretty far fetched.

That said, I don’t know if it was intentional, but kudos on the use of good grief in an ironic fashion. I should have taken that into account.
If she was super obscure she wouldnt keep getting cameos and I didnt ignore the lack of certainty of her having another game. If anything, bringing back KOS-MOS and to a lesser extent T-ELOS, shows how relevant they are to monolith soft atm. How is it far fetched? Bayo started on sony and xbox and had no relevance to Nintendo whatsoever!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If she was super obscure she wouldnt keep getting cameos and I didnt ignore the lack of certainty of her having another game. If anything, bringing back KOS-MOS and to a lesser extent T-ELOS, shows how relevant they are to monolith soft atm. How is it far fetched? Bayo started on sony and xbox and had no relevance to Nintendo whatsoever!
Her getting cameos hardly has anything to do with her being or not obscure, though. If anything, the fact that she keeps getting cameos and people still don’t know who the hell she is only accentuates the issue. Monolith and Bamco do seem to like her a lot to be putting her in so many games, a fact you’ll notice most people here took into account.

I’m not saying she can’t get in because she started out on PlayStation, she certainly qualified with her games on DS and even more so through her appearance in Xenoblade 2. I was just noting that the comparison with Bayonetta is apples to oranges, as Bayonetta was highly demanded and a high profile character with Nintendo exclusivity after the initial multiplatform release. Again, I’m not using this as an argument against KOS-MOS.

At the end of the day, you’re just talking numbers. Don’t blame people here for not doing research, most seem to have done research, found the same facts that you did, and decided that merits a 1% chance score rather than your 30-50%. You want to change that, you’re gonna have to change their minds.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
KOS-MOS

10% Chance

Frequent crossover appearances, the possible Xenosaga remaster, and the XC2 cameos help her a lot. However, she has competition for a second namco rep, like Lloyd or Heihatchi and Ivy. If a Xenosaga remaster comes to the switch, expect her chances to double in my eyes.

100% Want

Xenosaga is very cool. Recommend it to any RPG fan. The whole Xeno series is fun (my favorite is Xenogears).

Nominating Excitebiker x 5

DAY OVER CALCS INCOMING

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
KOS-MOS
7.05% Chance
34.24% Want

Let me level with you here. Higher then what I expected in both scores. Her want scores surprised me the most. I thought Xenosaga was still not getting enough love. Now if we got .hack in here....

Today we got Azura, one of the main characters of FE Fates. Do her water dance powers and lance help her? Or do her series and Corrin being in hurt her? Please rate her in chance and want. Also please predict Sans from Undertale,

Also great job everyone, no posts were discounted. Glad everyone is following the new rule. Keep it up.

Lord-Zero Lord-Zero was the closest, gets 5 extra noms.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Azura

We already have six Fire Emblem Characters in the game, and Corrin already represents Fates. If we were to get another FE Newcomer it'd be the Switch Lord or Alm/Celica. Personally I don't care for FE Fates.

Sans..........(UGH) Prediction: 4.33%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Azura

Chance: 15%

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt despite her status as a main character is questionable, she is definitely one of the main figures of Fire Emblem Fates, and one of her more known character with the advantage of having an appealing design and nice potential for Smash.

If I don't give this rate to Azura, would have been a hypocrite

I had warm up with her since the first days of Fates discussion (when I kind of dislike her), still isn't enought to make me actually want her in the game, but I'll accept her with open arms.

Predictions:

Sans: 4.0% (I'm not sure if that will be the case.. but this character actually should have some of the lowest chance scores in the whole thread)

Nnominations:

Decloned Dark Pit x2
Breidablik item x2
Rrex/Pyra Rerate x1

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
yOu ArE tHe OcEan'S gReY wAvEs

Fates hype is over. Adding another character from it would make no sense at this point. Also we have yet to get a second FE character from the same game who isn't some last minute clone, which Azura can't be.

I associate her with her damn song, which I associate with Corrin's reveal trailer, which I associate with rage.

Also she's a lance/spear wielder apparently? Sorry but there's only one spear wielder I want and it sure isn't a damn FE character.

Predictions for Ness Sans: 6.06%
Tomorrow is gonna be just delightful.

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also I am just gonna post this here since I saw a lot of people discussing that people do not do enough research for the thread. Every day when I start a new day after finishing all the organization of the front page, I bump the support thread of whatever character is being rated. There are two main reasons to do this.

1. Get supporters of those characters involved.

Usually in RTC it is 1-3 fans nominating a character. Poor Graizen Graizen has gotten Agumon cut from the schedule like three times because of things like that. As such, when a Support thread gets bumped, I hope to bring awareness to the fans that the RTC is rating a character they support.

2. Ease of research

Most of the OPs in support threads are very well maintained. Even smaller threads like Qbbys or Arle Nadjas are helpful for gathering info. In my opinion the fact that in 90% of times there will be easy access to a page to give you more info should make research easier.

Also lowkey it was a bit difficult to find the exact details of Xenosaga ownership when I googled it. Took me like 5 minutes or so.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
you
are the ocean's
grey waves...

Azura is in a very unfortunate spot in terms of inclusion. Right now, and likely moving forward, Smash is saturated with FE characters and only two of those share a game. Fates obviously has Corrin's representation in Smash, and while a very successful entry it seems doubtful they'll include a second character for it moving forwards. Even if the FE characters are completely reworked for Smash for Switch, Corrin has obvious precedence over Azura, and even Ryoma and Xander have arguments for inclusion over Azura. That puts three characters potentially ahead of her in just her own game. The number of important and requested FE characters is long, and Azura is not high up on that list. Azura does have any importance, however, and is especially important in Revelations' route. Fates success shouldn't just be handwaived off and its still very possible that it receives dual representation like Awakening did in Smash 4.
Chance: 15%
Azura is cool, and in theory I would love her as the representative for Fates but, as stated before, that requires a heavy rework of the FE roster that I don't expect they're likely to do. Azura is who I pushed for pre-DLC and Corrin's announcment, so I hold her with a bit of a higher interest than the avatar. A lance user is often requested, and Azura covers a lot of unique abilities both in her gameplay and her cutscenes that aren't seen in any other nomination. However, I doubt Corrin will be replaced by another Fates character, and there are more important characters to the series I would want to see in before her.

Want: 60%
Nominations: Dark Samus x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Azura

Chance: 2% - Like I mentioned yesterday, Azura couldn't even get into a Fire Emblem-only crossover game's base roster. And that game was limited to only three of the series' entries. There's no way she'll get into Smash. Fire Emblem was insanely lucky to get six character slots, and they were spread across the entirety of the series. She's sunk.

Want: 1% - If you're a Fire Emblem character, and your name isn't Lyn, you can stay the hell away from the playable roster. Assist Trophies/Stickers/Regular Trophies/whatever? Go hogwild. But I'm pretty done with playable reps from this series.

Predictions

Sans: 2.82% - God, I just threw up in my mouth a little. The fact that this character successfully got nominated feels like some sick joke. Regardless, an irrelevant, unimportant third party from a niche indie title which is long past it's flavor-of-the-month spotlight, and it's unfortunate Switch port mercifully came too late to affect anything. The only reason this won't be zeroes across the board is because some yahoos will unfortunately use Sakurai saying he's played it as evidence (why'd you have to go and do that you big lug) and some lingering fans who haven't moved on yet. Also because the universe is not kind enough to give this character the straight zeroes it deserves in both categories. Blech.

Nominations

Agumon x 5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Azura

Her saving grace is her being a spear user, but FE fatigue and :4corrin:/:4corrinf:.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Sans prediction: 9.36%

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom