• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hmm

I'm gonna go 0.5% on chance

Ninten is visually identical to Ness, and while I've seen nice fan art try and differentiate them, in the end he's basically Ness with his cap bent the other way. Also I don't think we're getting echoes.

Want 20%
But if we did get echoes, I think I'd prefer Paula. Ness already takes many moves from her already. But I'm not opposed, it would be kinda neat to have the heroes of all 3 games.

Nominate no more stages x5

Prediction 4.3%

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ninten

Chance: 1%
Unless an echo pass is happening then I don't see Ninten getting in the game at all. Ninten is a character that screams base roster, he doesn't fit the mold of DLC characters. If I'm being truthful I can see Ninten being an alt skin of Ness far more likely then him being a playable character in Smash.

Want: 20%
Not a character I really want to see. He's not my most preferred Mother rep and he's not my most preferred echo.

Prediction: Dovahkiin 51.7%
Nomination: Heihachi x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Inversed Ness
Chance: 0.1%
Wether echoes are on the table or not is a debate in of itself. Regardless,
I don't think Ninten would be picked. In comparison to other echoes I can't think how you'd really differentiate him from Ness besides namesake. Heck, their designs are basically identical. That and Mother 1 isn't relevant or popular enough to prioritize him over the likes of Dixie Kong or Octolings or whoever. The franchise is quite lucky to have as much representation as it does.

Want: 50%
More first-parties and echoes are fine with me. Ninten would not personally excite me tho. Never played Earthbound beginnings and judging by Johnny's review I don't really have interest in doing so.

Dovahkiin: 38.56%
Hollow Knight costume x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ninten

Chance: 0.5% - While Earthnound Beginnings is a thing now, I'm just not seeing Ninten. First party competition is tight, his design is virtually identical to Ness, and even other Earthbound characters like Porky have way more demand. It is a niche series as well and we don't know if echoes are on the table, so I just don't see him being a DLC choice that would sell.

Want: 0% - I don't have any attachment to the Earthbound series and as a fan of another niche series in Pikmin I'd much rather see that get another rep.

Nominations:
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos

Predictions:
Dovahkiin - 45.84%

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ninten

Chance: 0%, but only as an Echo for Ness. If he was a solo fighter, then it's 10%. He may have a chance, but right now, he is a spirit. That does not mean that he is impossible.

Want: I honestly don't want him to be an Echo of Ness, but rather as a solo fighter. As a solo Fighter, he would be fun to play as, with some more music from Earthbound Beginnings. The rating of how much I want him in would be 50%

Prediction: Dovahkiin: 10%

Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ninten

His only chance would be as an echo of Ness, but considering that he already looks a ton like Ness I really don't see this happening especially when there are more diverse echo characters to choose from (like Octolings for example). This just feels like something that would've been in the base game, not as paid DLC. There is also a chance he'd have to compete with Porky if we were to get another Mother rep.

Want: 60%
As far as Mother characters go I'd want Porky, Masked Man, and Kumatora first. I wouldn't mind Ninten if he got in and in fact I'd probably use him a lot. In the end though he'd just be another Ness which is why I'm not really clamoring him to get in over the other Mother characters I mentioned.

Dovahkiin chance prediction: 43.59%

Nominations:
Quote x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Ninten

Chance: 5%
Ninten would definetly be a Ness Echo Fighter. I'm not sure if Echo fighters can show up in the the next wave of DLC though. As for Fighters Pass character 5, there's no chance as Echo Fighters have been deconfirmed for for it

Want: 5%
I like playing Lucas better than Ness and I'd much rather have Porky

Noms: Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Thrall (Warcraft) x120
[Rerate] Steve x115
[Rerate] Quote x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x105
Concept: Any grass-type starter x105
Sol Badguy x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x95
Francis York Morgan x95
[Rerate] Sora x86
Glover x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x80
Ryo Hazuki x80
Proto Man x75
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x70
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x70
Sackboy x68
X (Mega Man) x68
Papyrus x66
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Heihachi x65
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x60
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
Kunio (River City) x40
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x40
[Rerate] Dante x37
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x35
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x35
Akira Howard x30
Earthworm Jim x28
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x25

Under 25

Chun-Li x23
Meowth x22
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x20
[Rerate] Monokuma x19
King Boo x19
Urbosa x18
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Kazuma Kiryu x15
Giygas x12
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x10
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Rival Pokémon Trainer x8
Freddy Fazbear x7
Toxtricity x7
Boss: Ender Dragon x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5

Thrall passes Steve and takes first place, while Quote ties with the latter for second. Concepts No more stages beyond the Pass and Any grass-type starter pass Aloy and are tied for fourth with Protector. Sol Badguy dashes into the top seven, kicking Aloy out and tying with the other three I just mentioned.

Today's newcomer is a rerate of Monster Hunter, with 5 noms.

@Lesley Black Velvet I need you to clarify something. You have five nominations to give out per day, so I need you to distribute them between the characters you nominated (since you did three). Since it's the first time you're nominating, I'm going to give you until the day ends to change them (please tag me when you do), but otherwise they'll be lost.

D

Deleted member

Genesis Does What Ninten don't

Well, he's a spirit, so I can already write him off from being likely since there hasn't been any spirit promotions. It also doesn't help how he looks way too similar to Ness to be his own fighter. At the very least, Ninten would probably have better chances being an alt of Ness like how Alph is to Olimar, but since Ultimate already came out, he's pretty much out.

Want: 11%

Unless it's Giygas, another Earthbound rep would be underwhelming as DLC. Ninten pretty much does nothing to convince me to want him as DLC. He may come with charm since he's the first protagonist of the Earthbound series for many, but he's just not someone I want as DLC.
------------------------------
Predictions:
Dragonborn - 13.12%
------------------------------
Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Prince of Persia
3.75% Chance, 47.60% Want
Winner of predictions is Icedragonadam Icedragonadam with 3.33%

First-parties after the Fighter Pass
71.20% Chance, 79.55% Want
Winner of predictions is BowserKing BowserKing with a precise 75.00%
This is not only the highest rated concept ever, beating All DLC will be third-party, but it's the highest chance score we've given out, period. Needless to say, here's hoping you're right.

The ladies and gentlemen with extra noms are:

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
BowserKing BowserKing 5
DaUsername DaUsername 52
Delzethin Delzethin 5
Icedragonadam Icedragonadam 5
Ninjaed Ninjaed 5
@ShotoStar: Endgame 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Ultomato Ultomato 5
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 10

Calamitas

Smash Champion
When you don't have a d'oh

That score is honestly being generous. The biggest thing that EarthBound Beginnings ever had happened to it was the rerelease. . . and that was a couple of years ago already. Earthbound as a series just really doesn't seem to be on Nintendo's mind all that much, let alone those of Sakurai and his team. Plus, as others have already pointed out, Ninten would be more of a basegame pick, definitely not a DLC one, Echo or not.

Want: 10%
I wouldn't mind him, but I don't actively want him, either. I feel as far as content goes, Earthbound/Mother is already very well off.

Predicting Dragonborn to be around 9.66%.

Nominating Concept: Any Xenoblade Newcomer x5.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Ninten

Chance: 3%
3% is honestly kinda high, but I still think echo fighter DLC at some point down the line is pretty likely, and Ninten is a great candidate for an echo fighter of Ness. Him getting in as a unique fighter is not going to happen though.

Want: 20%
He's one of my top picks for an echo fighter. That is, right after Zeraora and Funky Kong and Glass Joe and Boshi and... okay, maybe not the top 10, but I'd be happy to see him if for no other reason than to finish the Mother Protagonist Trilogy in playable form.

Dragonborn prediction: 5.7%

Grass starters x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ninten(do)

Chance: 0.5%

If we are getting another Earthbound/Mother rep, I do think it will be Porky because he has no spirit yet which is very suspicious. Not to mention He looks very identical to Ness, so it will be a tough sell I imagine. He could bring an interesting moveset, but I struggle to see another Mother rep coming altogether because the series is done and there are more requested first party characters like Waluigi and Isaac.

Want: 5%

I'm not a Mother fan. And his design being so similar to Ness would irk me. Plus there are many first party characters I want instead. That's all I have to say.

Predictions: Dovahkiin - This could go anyway but I'll go with 20%

Noms: Monokuma x5

Sari Sari I prefer if the days were 48 hours. Just because some days are hectic for me and I sometimes forget to visit here.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Ninten? D'oh!
If we do get another Nintendo character, it probably won't be one from this franchise. Especially since said franchise already has 2 characters and it only has 3 games, the last one releasing over a decade ago.
Want: N/A

Todd Howard prediction: 19%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Only two people responded in regards to how long days should be.

More feedback on whether your average character rating should last 24 or 48 hours would be appreciated, so please answer this poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/19053808

----------

Day over.

Rate Dovahkiin from Elder Scrolls.

Predict The Horrible Goose from Untitled Goose Game.

Day will end in 24 hours. If there is a ton of discussion/greatly different scores I will extend it. Again we are still looking for more feedback on the situation.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Dragon slaying mood:

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Dovahkiin - Oh boy have my feelings changed on you the last day

Chance 20 - I thought we could see this happen at the game awards with the number of characters that the leakers were telling us weren't DLC 5. I still think Dovahkiin is fairly underrated but not as much as before this morning happened. Bethesda has some good picks for Smash, mainly Doom Guy or an out there but possible pick like Vault Boy. Overall I think there's a chance but assuming the leakers are right the path got a lot harder for him.

Want 60 - Yeah, I'd like this. Don't have much conection with Elder Scrolls or Skyrim but I remember the games being massive back when they came out and remained like that for a few years. Feel like if Dovahkiin was selected then it would be pretty hard to argue against him being in

Predict The Goose - 2.36%

Noms:
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dragonborn

Chance: 50%
Even though Dragonborn isn't looking likely as FP5, I still think he has a decent shot in the post pass DLC. If Bethesda is ever getting a rep then it's an equal chance between Dragonborn and Doom Slayer. Skyrim was one of the first games shown on the Switch's reveal trailer, which shows that Nintendo takes the series very seriously. BotW took some inspiration from Skyrim, and there's even exclusive BotW items in the Switch version of Skyrim.

The Elder Scrolls series has a legacy whose impact can be felt around the gaming medium. Open World games wouldn't be the ones we know and love if not for Skyrim's release. With all this in mind, we can see why the series would warrant a Smash inclusion.

Want: 80%
I love the Elder Scrolls series, it's an impressive series with a long history and incredible games to boot. Skyrim and Morrowind took a lot of hours out of me, and I still find myself enjoying their worlds still. Dragonborn would be an interesting and unique fighter, incorporating the shouts as part of his specials would immediately differentiate the Dragonborn from the rest of the fighters. This is a character inclusion I would wholly welcome.

Prediction: Goose 3.21%
Nomination: Heihachi x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
FDR

Chance: 40%
My mind's spinning from the disconfirmations and undisconfirmations from the last day, so I don't know if the number even makes sense to me. Dovahkiin is iconic, from one of the most celebrated, influential, and successful games of all time, apparently popular in Japan, Nintendo presence up the arse, I think it's likely.

Want: 90%
Dovahkiin is the kind of character a third-party focused Smash should strive to get.

Noms: at this point I don't even know anymore, so just whatever the person underneath me nominates
Goose prediction: 6.66%

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
FDR

My mind's spinning from the disconfirmations and undisconfirmations from the last day, so I don't know if the number even makes sense to me. Dovahkiin is iconic, from one of the most celebrated, influential, and successful games of all time, apparently popular in Japan, Nintendo presence up the arse, I think it's likely.

Want: 90%
Dovahkiin is the kind of character a third-party focused Smash should strive to get.

Noms: at this point I don't even know anymore, so just whatever the person underneath me nominates
Goose prediction: 6.66%
Please give Shadow nominations GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica 's Favorite Character
I have been summoned.

Man, it's been a while since I've been here...
I've been lurking every so often, but I really haven't stopped by much. It's been busy at work, and I ended up caving to my Elder Scrolls addiction over the summer and finally got ESO, so I've been doing almost nothing else since July.

Anyway, I guess I just happened to show up again at the right time, so let me put in my two Septims and give a rating.

The Dragonborn

Let me just start with the bad news - I can't see this actually happening. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm lucky enough to be living in that timeline.

No doubt there are some things that he has going for him: Skyrim was (and still is) really iconic; it won countless awards when it released, and it's from one of the biggest companies in Western open-world RPGs. While it may be much more associated with PC and console gaming than Nintendo, the fact still remains that Skyrim was literally the second game ever shown off for the Switch after only Breath of the Wild (a game whose developers admitted to using Skyrim as a base for ideas). Skyrim was also the first Western game to ever get a 40/40 on Famitsu, which is almost unheard of.

Beyond all of that, Skyrim has shown a massive legacy. Really, everyone knows the "arrow in the knee" jokes, and the helmet has become stupid iconic to the point that I expect Bethesda will find a way to put that model as an ester egg into every game of theirs from here on out.

...seriously. And yes, that's an official add on for Fallout 4.

Heck, even other game companies used it...

And remember all of the videos that people recorded "FUS RO DAH" onto when it first released? Again, an amazingly iconic attack, and a really obvious neutral special. And let's face it, the point of it is to fling enemies away from you, preferably off a mountain. Gee, I really think I've heard of a fighting game where the entire point is to get enemies offstage...

Not to mention that Bethesda's been super friendly with Nintendo lately. Skyrim Switch also brought amiibo functionality and an easter egg where you could obtain Link's Champion tunic and the Master Sword/Hylian Shield in game. In a BotW-style chest. In essence, they expected people to make Link-the-Bosmer as the PC for Skyrim. What a great crossover it would be to have him actually get to cross blades with Link.

But...

Let's face it: Skyrim just celebrated its eighth birthday last month. It's not exactly recent. And Dovahkiin's falling into the same hole that many other potentials are hitting: a one-off blank-slate avatar. True, we've got one of those in the game already (:ultrobin:), but we all know that Sakurai really liked Fire Emblem: Awakening, so that's probably the exception, not the rule. Yeah, neither is a killer as is, but neither are they good signs. Add to that that it's a third party from a Western company with middling support, who had zero association with Nintendo until only two years ago...

And again, Skyrim's not the only game that Bethesda's got. I'm sure Dovahkiin might have a leg up on Vault Boy - Vault Boy's been in more games, but none of those made it to Nintendo...until Fallout Shelter - but Doomguy's also standing in the way, and Doom has a lot of history behind it. Bethesda may favor Dovahkiin as TES is their baby as opposed to an IP they acqired, but I know Doom has loads more support around these parts.

And - mammoth in the room - Bethesda's also been putting their foot in their mouth a lot this year, so there are a decent number of people who hate Dovahkiin because it's representing Bethesda. I'm hoping they screw their heads back on before they release TES6...

Now...

Want: 1000%

Holy. ****. do I want this to happen.

Skyrim was an epic masterpiece in my mind, and I love to go back to it every so often. I love the setting, I love the dragons, I love most of that they did with that game. There's so much potential they could go with - everything writes itself almost.
Sorry for the double post - it’s been a while and I’ve been thinking of how I’d implement a playable Dovahkiin.

The various art most commonly shows him with a sword/dagger combo or a sword/shield combo. We don’t really have a dual wielder in the cast, and the various Links are the only one with shields but they don’t use them offensively. Thus, I decided to stick with those to base a moveset on.

Dovahkiin will have his shield on his back, and both weapons equipped. Like in Skyrim, it’s easiest if the off-hand dagger just disappears if necessary or if he picks up an item. He can also sheathe the sword for any moves or items that need both hands.

Based on the customization possible, I made costumes for several race/gender choices. There are two models (male and female) which act the same way, similar to Robin’s two options.
Possible costumes:
View attachment 153410
Male 1: default Nord. Blond hair, blue eyes.
Female 1: takes Lydia’s appearance. I debated on Aela, but Lydia is one of the better known characters and she’s more armored.
Male 2: takes after Brynjolf. Red hair, green eyes.
Female 2: blonde hair, blue eyes. I used Stormcloak colors for her.
Male 3: Redguard, black hair, brown eyes. I went with an imperial color scheme, but took Tullius’ gold armor since all the other men had grey. Not that the Redguards would support the empire by Skyrim, but eh...
Female 3: Altmer. I took a gold Elven recolor for the armor, and gave it some Thalmor black touches.
Male 4: Orc. This model will have a slight difference from the other male models to get the correct teeth. Armor is darker like the Orcish armor in game.
Female 4: Dunmer. I tried a Dark Brotherhood motif for the armor here.

While I hesitate to call it a ‘gimmick,’ Dovahkiin’s specials rely on recharging shouts. Each shout has three charge levels (uncharged, from just tapping the button; half charge from holding for a bit; and full charge from olding longer). Uncharged shouts can be used anytime and do not add to the recharge timer. Charged shouts can only be used when not in cooldown, but will go into a cooldown phase after use. Naturally the more a move is charged, the more powerful it is.

Cooldown is shown as a bar on the UI. Like in Skyrim, the bar will glow in cooldown, and will fade when done. To improve visibility, the entire bar will be filled.
View attachment 153455

Neutral​
Skyrim’s standard attack: Two sword swipes from right to left, then left to right.​
Ftilt​
Lunges and stabs with the dagger.​
Utilt​
Sword swipe above him. Similar to the first swipe of Link’s uSmash.​
Dtilt​
A dagger swipe while crouching (Skyrim’s Off-hand attack while in Sneak mode).​
Dash​
Does a spinning attack (Skyrim’s Sword/Dagger Power Attack). 3 hits:​
- Quick dagger slash to the left.​
- Heavy sword swipe to the left, turning him.​
- Heavy dagger backhand.​
FSmash​
Powerful shield bash (Skyrim’s Power Bash). Charges while holding the shield in front of him. Does great knockback and gives armor for the duration. Punishable.​
USmash​
Stabs the air with his sword while shouting. Small windbox effect around him.​
DSmash​
Plants the sword in the ground similar to the Talos statues. Lots of end lag.​
Nair​
Spins around with sword and dagger out.​
Fair​
Heavy slash in front of him with his sword.​
Bair​
Tosses dagger and catches it in a reverse grip, then stabs behind him.​
Uair​
Slashes both blades above him in a cross pattern.​
Dair​
Equips shield and falls to a three-point landing. Small ground tremor.​
Grab​
Empties left hand and grabs enemy by the collar. Sheathes sword on successful grab.​
Pummel​
Punches enemy in the face with his right hand.​
Fthrow​
Tackles enemy to the ground and slams shield into their chest, similar to the Captain America/Iron Man fight in Civil War. High damage but no knockback. Natural combo into dSmash.​
Bthrow​
Grabs enemy with right hand and shoves them behind him. Meanwhile, equips shield in the left. Tosses shield at dazed enemy, and it bounces back to him.​
Uthrow​
Uppercuts enemy, and then grabs dazed enemy by the feet and throws them upwards.​
Dthrow​
Pulls enemy in and turns them around. Stabs them in the neck with dagger. Similar to Taki’s throw from the Soul Calibur series. Enemy collapses at his feet. High damage, no knockback.​
Floor​
Slashes both blades on either side​
Edge​
Pulls himself up with his left while slashing vertically with his sword​

Standard B​
Unrelenting Force:​
Fus – Similar size to Lucas’ PSI Magnet. Does minimal damage and trips opponents in range.​
Fus Ro – Makes a projectile which will launch enemies and do damage. Damage and knockback decrease as distance from Dovahkiin increases. Projectile moves slightly over ½ length of Final Destination. Medium recharge time.​
Fus Ro Dah – Projectile travels ¾ of Final Destination. Stronger damage/knockback, but will decay over distance. Also includes a small hitbox directly in front of his mouth which is a OHKO. Extremely long recharge. Kirby’s copy does not have the OHKO hitbox, but also has a slightly shorter recharge.​
Up B​
Dragon Aspect:​
Mul – A small windbox boosts him slightly. Gives barely any height, similar to Robin’s tomeless Elwind or SoPo’s Belay​
Mul Qah – Gains spectral Dragon armor and windbox gives a major boost similar to Wario’s Corkscrew or Lillte Mac’s uppercut. Spectral horns act as a hitbox. Low recharge time.​
Mul Qah Diiv – Spectral armor now includes wings. Higher recovery, which can be angled, and then goes into a glide for a few seconds like Peach’s Parasol. Getting hit or timing it out puts him in free fall. Medium recharge time.​
Side B​
Fire Breath:​
Yol – A quick blast of fire like Mario’s custom Fast Fireball.​
Yol Toor – A stronger fireball, like Bowser’s custom Fire Shot. Low recharge time.​
Yol Toor Shul – A strong fireball that explodes like a Smart Bomb on contact. Leaves a fire on stage for a time. High recharge time.​
Down B​
Ice Form:​
Iiz – A nondamaging windbox on either side, similar to Mario’s custom Gust Cape, but hits both sides of him.​
Iiz Slen – Adds ice damage to the windboxes. Similar to Ice Climbers’ Blizzard. Low recharge time.​
Iiz Slen Nus – Large ice storm similar to Suicune’s Blizzard. High recharge time.​
Final Smash​
Bend Will:​
Shouts “Gol Hah Dov” to force a dragon to land, then climbs aboard and it flies off. It hovers in the background while the player shoots a jet of fire similar to Lucario’s Final Smash Aura Storm.​

I also came up with some other possible animations for the Dragonborn:
Appearance​
Dismounts from a horse, and then unsheathes his sword and dagger.​
Idle 1​
Stretches shoulders and flexes blades menacingly. Similar to idle animations for bandits in Skyrim.​
Idle 2​
Sheathes dagger, adjusts helmet/hair, and then pulls dagger back out.​
Taunt 1​
Pulls out a war horn with his left hand, shouts “Victory or Sovngarde!” and blasts.​
Taunt 2​
Pulls out a tankard with his left hand and toasts the enemy (“For Skyrim!”) before downing it. 1/10 chance that he will pull a jug of milk instead.​
Taunt 3​
Equips his shield and smacks the shield twice with his sword. Similar to one of the bandit idle animations, or Wonder Woman’s entrance in Injustice
Victory 1​
Camera zooms around as if it were a dragon as Dovahkiin looks up at it. Name appears right as camera flies in close and he shouts.​
Victory 2​
Dovahkiin kneels in prayer and seems to be absorbing a soul. Name appears as he looks up and opens his eyes.​
Victory 3​
Dovahkiin flies in on Paarthurnax. He dismounts and name appears as he looks heroically outward.​
Phew...that was a lot. Please let me know what you think!

It would also hit a new representation in the game itself. It's easy enough to see "Ugh, another swordsman!" (at least he's not anime), and :ultrobin:/:ulthero: do seem to have a lot of sword-and-magic bases covered, but there is no representation in Smash for Western RPGs - the closest thing we've got is... Link, now that he's the one from BotW? And the potential for different race/gender combos would be cool - we have very few female swordsmen in the game thus far, and the potential for different race choices also gives more options.

As I said, the options to mesh him in with Kirby are almost perfect, so that would be great to see. The stage is also pretty easy to consider - there are loads of animations from Boss Ridley in Sm4sh, which could easily go to a Dragon Stage Boss if we wanted one for Skyrim. Classic mode - Rathalos as a final boss - perfect. Dovahkiin would just fit so well in the game as a whole.

Dragonborn (Skyrim main theme)
Watch the Skies (Skyrim dragon battle theme)
One They Fear (Skyrim dragon battle theme)
Sovngarde (Skyrim BGM from last level)
Nerevar Rising (TES:III Morrowind Main theme)
Reign of the Septims (TES:IV Oblivion Main theme)
For Blood, for Glory, for Honor (TES Online Main theme)
A Clash of Fang and Flame (TES Online Elsweyr Main theme)
Weapons Drawn (TES Online BGM from Craglorn)

I can't see this coming as Fighter Pack #5. I haven't been following leaks - don't normally like to see them anyway - but evidently there was a massacre recently? Meh. Not that I expected anything I found too impressive - tbh I'm 0 for 4 so far in games I've played (and only 1 for 4 in characters I've heard of outside of this site) - but I still would have bought all DLC no questions asked if they announced Dovahkiin. Oh man, if he was FP5 it would have been perfect: they're just finishing up the Season of the Dragon in Elder Scrolls Online and will be announcing the next chapter at the Game Awards (rumored to be Skyrim) with a trailer. With Elder Scrolls: Blades for Switch being pushed back as well, it would almost be perfect to announce all of this Elder Scrolls stuff at the same time.

Oh well...

I can always hope that the extra DLC will bring something fun. This is already a great Smash game, fun to play for a bit at a time, but I've actually put it down for a while. I do need to go back in to play again (and buy Banjo); I do have loads of fun now that Ridley and K.Rool made it, and having Squirtle back, and the newly-awesome Ganondorf, so I do play a few matches for fun now and then. But having Dovahkiin would just make it that much more fun for me...

Sakurai (and other Nintendo employees), if you're reading this... Please? This would be epic beyond reason. Just consider how well this would fit. And I promise I'll buy all the rest of the DLC hands down, so more money for you.

And Todd Howard: Make it happen. Also, one other thing you should make happen... you see how the RE2make is doing, right? Now imagine that...but with Morrowind...for Switch...

Phew, well that was a lot. I'll leave this with a pic of my character from ESO: Gar, my Orc Dragonknight. Repping his adopted homeland.
Gar_Dovahkiin.png

I'll keep praying to Talos that I'll get to see something like that in Smash...

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ninten

chance 0- We aren’t getting echoes and there is absolute zero reason we would get a unique earthbound rep. Besides, even if we did, it would 100% be porky
Want Abstain

Sackboy X 5
Dovahkin predictions are 23%

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

More feedback on whether your average character rating should last 24 or 48 hours would be appreciated, so please answer this poll:

----------

Day over.

Rate Dovahkiin from Elder Scrolls.

Predict The Horrible Goose from Untitled Goose Game.

Day will end in 24 hours. If there is a ton of discussion/greatly different scores I will extend it. Again we are still looking for more feedback on the situation.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Dragon slaying mood:

I'd prefer 24, sometimes it feels like it takes forever, and more often then not we're rating something that offers little discussion

Edit: I suppose I should do my rating :p

Dovahkin
Chance 3%
This is a hard one. I lean towards the low end for Bethesda. While Skyrim was prominent in early switch promotion, I still think Doom would get priority and that's not touching the controversy surrounding Bethesda recently.

And while Skyrim does have a legacy. Dovahkin isn't exactly established individual. He's a customizable character to an extreme extent and lack individuality most third party characters have.

Want: 0%
I've played a little Skyrim and it wasn't for me at all. I'm not that big on third parties anyway

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Todd Howard, now porting The Elder Scrolls™ V: Skyrim™ to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate™ for the Nintendo Switch™

Chance: 10%
I just don't see it happening. Can you really call it a legacy when most of Skyrim's continued "relevance" throughout the years is because it's getting ported countless times? Sure, it may have had its influence on games like Breath of the Wild, but that was at the beginning of the decade. And with Bethesda there's always Doom to consider as well.

Want: 15%
I kinda like the general aesthetic of the game, but it's more of a "I could live with this inclusion if certain other wants of mine are met first" kinda situation. With how scummy Bethesda has become over the past couple of years, I'm also not too keen on them getting in on Smash Bros., be it through Skyrim content or Doom content. It's also not helping that the standard design of the Dovahkin just doesn't really scream personality or stand out much to me.

Predicting the Goose to get around 0.854%.

Nominating concept: Any Xenoblade Newcomer x5.

Ninten

chance 0- We aren’t getting echoes and there is absolute zero reason we would get a unique earthbound rep. Besides, even if we did, it would 100% be porky
Want Abstain

Sackboy X 5
Dovahkin predictions are 23%
You're a day behind there, lad.

I'm also more in favour of 24 hour days. Keeps the thread properly going.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Dovahkiin

Chance: 10%. Skyrim has some popularity, but just like most characters, the main concern is the competition. Then again, who knows who will show up.

Want: 50%. Dovahkiin would be fun to play as, with some more music to listen to. But since I don't know too much about the franchise, I'm leaving it at 50%

Prediction: Goose: 10%

Noms: 3 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion, 2 for Giygas, 2 for Boss: Ender Dragon and 3 for Urbosa

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I was at the chess club
Skyrim is one of the most iconic games of the century and one of the most influential, inspiring even BotW and being the first third-party title showcased for the Switch. I cannot also imagine Todd passing an opportunity of promoting Skyrim once again up. He has competition from the likes of Doomslayer and other third-parties but I'm not sleeping on him.

Want: Abstaining

Goose: 1.47%
Hollow Knight costume x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Last Dragonborn, Slayer of Alduin

Chance: 45% - People are REALLY sleeping on this character. People meme about Skyrim a ton, yes, but it has kept an important presence, and the Elder Scrolls as a whole is still considered the pinnacle of Open World franchises, and a lot of other games have followed in its' footsteps. Furthermore I hear Dragonborn has more support in other parts of the Smash Community, even if this forum and PapaGenos' community are banking hard on Doom Slayer. Bethesda's had a great relationship with Nintendo and before Doom got all of its' Switch love, Skyrim was getting it first.

There are many factors that work in the Dragonborn's favor:

1. Western Characters are now on the table - This applies to a lot of characters, but Banjo-Kazooie opening the doors to Western characters is a major game changer since the Dragonborn's previous rating.

2. Skyrim was one of the first games shown off on the Switch - During the Switch's reveal trailer, Skyrim was the second game shown off after Breath of the Wild, and the first Third Party game shown, showing that Nintendo holds the game in high regard.

3. Breath of the Wild takes inspiration - During an interview, it was stated that the Elder Scrolls series was a major point of inspiration for Breath of the Wild, showing how influential the series has become.

4. Skyrim for Switch has exclusive content - The Switch version of Skyrim further cements the relationship between it and Breath of the Wild. Several Zelda items are available in-game, complete with Amiibo support as well, and even a new eye option for Wood Elves/Bosmer to presumably help create Link look-alikes. There was even a motion-based control scheme added to take advantage of the Joycons, which leads me into my next point...

5. Todd Howard appears to be a fan of or has some kind of interest in Nintendo - Apparently the special Switch version content for Skyrim was suggested and pushed for by Todd himself, showing that he has an interest in Nintendo. If this is indeed the case, then if Sakurai himself or Nintendo executives came to Bethesda for negotiations, then Todd more than likely would've wanted to be at that meeting. People state that the Doom 64 Pete Hines appearence in September's Nintendo Direct is a big point in Doom's favor, but let's not forget that Todd Howard did the same thing a year prior, appearing on a Nintendo Direct himself to talk about Skyrim for Switch. Todd is as big within Bethesda as Pete Hines is, and he would definitely push to get one of his characters into the game.

6. Skyrim was the first western game to receive a 40/40 on Famitsu - Famitsu gave Skyrim a perfect score, and the Elder Scrolls, both in its' games/roleplaying and its' modding, have gained a sizable following in Japan. Even if it's no Dragon Quest, it is doing very well for a Western Game, and even Elder Scrolls online has plenty of Japanese players despite not having a dedicated server. Bethesda's been putting up big advertisements for their games at Tokyo Game Show as well. People, again, try to point this in Doom's favor but they've been advertising ESO there for several years. There's also Elder Scrolls Blades, which Bethesda has been putting up promotions for the Switch version, and on the game's webpage there's even an image with a giant Switch playing the game. Meanwhile Doom, while having a fan project there, is still very niche, and Fallout doesn't seem to be making waves there either. Nintendo cares the most about their home market, and of Bethesda's choices Dragonborn would make the most sense, both sales and cultural-wise.

7. Out of Bethesda's games, The Elder Scrolls series has sold the most, and is their home grown franchise - The Elder Scrolls as a whole has sold 52 million copies, and Skyrim alone has sold 33 million. That alone is four times as much as the entire Doom franchise. Furthrmore The Elder Scrolls' success is what made Bethesda who they are, and without them there likely would've been no revivals for Doom or Fallout.

I'll be realistic in that being a Western character he still has some very intense competition and is fighting an uphill battle, but with many points in his favor to prove to Nintendo that he is worth it, and with Doom Slayer out of the picture for now for Fighter's Pass #5, Dragonborn's chances are looking greater than ever! Say what you want about the game, I think it's definitely stood the test of time!

Want: 100%+ - The Last Dragonborn (or any Elder Scrolls rep for that matter) is one of my most wanted characters, second only to The Prince of All Cosmos. The Elder Scrolls was one of the first non-Nintendo series I've played and Skyrim was my first entry into the series, so it has great sentimental value to me. The whole experience of starting a new Elder Scrolls game and exploring for the first time is just so magical. I remember spending countless hours reading the lore and watching remix videos for months until I was able to get a computer that could run the games. The series also came into my life during a very good time, and the memories I have with it are irreplaceable. All together I've put over 600-700 hours into Skyrim, along with 300+ in Oblivion and 100+ in Morrowind, making it one of my most played series of all time.

Furthermore, The Last Dragonborn would bring a new archetype and aesthetic to Smash that we have yet to see, and the shout mechanic from the game feels tailor-made for specials in a Smash Bros game. There are all sorts of cool effects to choose from, and with different alts resembling the game's different races, he could make for a very personalized character, one that fellow Avatar character Robin didn't try. And the stage would be absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to see the Smash team's take on several of the series' most iconic tracks! There is so much to look forward to, and if The Last Dragonborn were to make it into Smash it would be a joy greater than any before it! A lot of people use the "Celebration of video games" idea to justify a lot of characters, both significant and obscure.. And with that idea in mind I think The Elder Scrolls would make for a fantastic addition to the celebration!

Long Live Tamriel!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x5

Predictions:
The Horrible Goose - 40.72%

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Skyrim was one of the games that defined the 2010s. People have poured thousands of hours into it and even Nintendo was proud to show it off as one of the first release games for the Switch. It's safe to say that Dovahkiin has become an icon in gaming. On top of what pretty much everyone else has already said, it should be worth noting that Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash sometime last year. While that doesn't automatically mean a character from them will happen, it shows that the interest is there and they could've worked out something. I guess the only things holding them back would be their general competition with other companies, having to compete with Doomguy when it comes to Bethesda characters, and being from a Western company which I still think may act as a hurdle even after Banjo's release.

Want: 25%
Eh, I'd be alright with this. I haven't really played much of Skyrim (I really should though my laptop is crap), but I can see why people would love it. I just have no real connection to Dovahkiin. Being able to hear Kirby shout "FUS-RO-DAH!" would be adorable though.

Goose chance prediction: 1.47%

Nominations:
Quote x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I should have done a better job at pointing out Ninten's differences from Ness, but I was very tired and Ninten's chances as DLC are still super low so I didn't bother.

Thrall (Warcraft) x120
[Rerate] Quote x120
[Rerate] Steve x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x110
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x110
Concept: Any grass-type starter x110
Sol Badguy x110

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x100
Francis York Morgan x100
[Rerate] Sora x86
Glover x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x80
Ryo Hazuki x80
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x80
Proto Man x75
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x75
[Rerate] Heihachi x70
Sackboy x68
X (Mega Man) x68
Papyrus x66
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x60
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x45
Kunio (River City) x40
[Rerate] Dante x37
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x35
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x35
Akira Howard x30
Earthworm Jim x28
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x27
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x25

Under 25

[Rerate] Monokuma x24
Chun-Li x23
Meowth x22
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
King Boo x19
Urbosa x18
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Kazuma Kiryu x15
Giygas x12
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x10
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Boss: Ender Dragon x10
Rival Pokémon Trainer x8
Freddy Fazbear x7
Toxtricity x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Waluigi x5

Quote shoots through Steve and ties with Thrall for first place.

Mii Costume: Hollow Knight creeps past 50 noms.

Phoenix Wright objects his way past the 25 nom barrier.

And for your new nominee for the day, you have none other than Waluigi, 5 noms in hand.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Dovahkiin

Chance: 20%
This game was huge when it was released. Dovahkiin is pretty well known and if the Bethesda talking to Nintendo about Smash is true, this could happen easily.

Want: 50%
I don't know Dovahkiin very well, but I can understand how big it could end up being if he got in.

Noms: Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Ah my favorite dragon boi! Long post incoming, I apologize in advance...

As many people have already said, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was one of the most defining games of the past decade. It helped to popularize the open world style of gameplay that is commonplace in a lot of video games nowadays. It's gone on to become one of the highest selling games of all-time with around over 30,000,000 copies sold as of the latest estimate. It's been the subject of several internet memes and is widely known amongst the general gaming population, those outside of the gaming landscape, and it maintains a popular presence in both Eastern and Western gaming circles.

Bethesda has also been playing nice with Nintendo as of late, with Skyrim inspiring the development process of Breath of the Wild, being one of the first games advertised to be on the Switch (with exclusive Zelda-themed content for that version), and porting several of their other games aside from Skyrim onto the console. Not to mention that they have apparently talked to Nintendo about Super Smash Bros before. While we don't know the extent of that conversation outside of that it occurred, that's still a significant piece of evidence in any Bethesda character's favor.

However, there are several things that I see holding back the Dragonborn from being included into Smash Bros:

1. Skyrim is old game. It was first released in 2011 and even the Switch port is old news at this point. This doesn't necessarily mean anything on it's own. but it moreso adds onto the other points.

2. I'm not sure how much Bethesda by their own is able to work with Sakurai/Sora Ltd/Bandai Namco. I don't know what their experience is with working with companies and people outside of their country. Since they have a Switch port, this leads me to believe that they do have that experience, but I wouldn't know if that translates smoothly to working directly alongside the Smash team to put their character in the game.

3. Let's face it. Skyrim is one of the most overmilked games of all time. People are sick of it and don't necessarily want to see more of it. Fan demand is the reason why characters like Ridley and King K. Rool were able to make it into Ultimate despite everything going against them. Dragonborn really doesn't have that much support in mainstream Smash speculation from what I've seen aside from some small pockets of fans. He's certainly no Geno when it comes to that.

4. Related to the 3rd point: Bethesda has been getting way too cocky and resting on their laurels as of late. I'd bet many people wouldn't want the Dragonborn because of their recent nonsense. I personally hope they get their act together and start looking to making improvements and the right changes to create something we've never seen before and that they can be proud of.

5. What I think is the biggest reason: DOOM and the Doom Slayer/Doomguy. It's obvious around this site and many other online places that people are looking to Doomguy more. The DOOM series has more recent games (including the upcoming DOOM Eternal) and is just a cool character on his own. I personally think that Bethesda would lean more towards using their own developed series as their rep in Smash instead of an acquired character they picked up. But...it's one of the fathers of the FPS genre in it's entirety. Dragonborn has a lot going against him in that regard

Want: 100%
Dragonborn/Dovahkiin is my most wanted character in Smash Bros. Skyrim was the game that defined my high school gaming experience, and I plugged what must have been over 300 hours into that game. It hosts some of my greatest memories of that time whether I played it alone, or when I shared those experiences with my brothers that watched me play it.

I think that Dragonborn would be a great fit for Smash Bros. We don't have a representative from the Western RPG genre in Smash currently, only JRPGs. The closest we have is Link, but we need the real deal lol. Dragonborn would also have the potential to have an incredibly unique moveset, utilizing the Dragon Shouts as he specials and all kinds of different heavy weaponry in his regular moveset.

In fact, I want him so badly that I made an 80 (seriously!) page Google Doc of concepts for his moveset, animations, single player modes, Spirits, etc.
I'm even so pathetic to have commissioned a wonderfully talented artist to have the entire moveset I made drawn:

In the end, I think it's safe to say that I am incredibly biased when it comes to having Dragonborn/Dovahkiin in Smash. But we all are biased in a way when it comes to the characters we want, I suppose. I just hope that people can see why I think having him in is a good idea. And even cooler: to come around to it and support him being in as well! :)

I pray that the Elder Scrolls foretell the coming of the Dovahkiin to Super Smash Bros.!

Nominations:
Atari rep x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Fus Ro Dah!

Chance: 45%

Skyrim is iconic and the Elder Scrolls series is very popular and influential. Open world games wouldn't be the same today if it wasn't for Elder Scrolls. Bethesda is likely to be the next western company to get a character because they have been supporting the Switch from the beginning with Skyrim being shown off in the Switch reveal. And ever since, Bethesda has developed several games for the Switch. Dovahkiin would have a unique moveset with all his magic and shouts and there are plenty of stage and spirit potential.

If we are going to get a Bethesda character, it will come down to Dragonborn and Doom Slayer. I see Doom Slayer getting in first because he is the grand dad of FPS games and Doom is currently more popular with Elder Scrolls 6 still stuck deep in development. But thinking about it, Dragonborn is likely and could get in first. Dragonborn would also probably be more easier to implement than Doom Slayer who might be a little tricky to implement to keep him identical to his games without the gore. It's almost a draw, but Doom Slayer is a bit more likely. It could go either way. And whether Sakurai will want two Bethesda characters is a big question.

Want: 80%

If we could only get one Bethesda character, I would rather it be Doom Slayer. But Dragonborn would be sick. I love Skyrim and Fus Ro Duhing someone off the stage would be hilarious. The music is great, Skyrim would make for a great stage with its visuals and dragons as hazards, and the moveset is ripe with fun potential with shouts, magic, abilities, and weapons like maces.

Predictions: The Horrible Goose - 10%

Noms: Monokuma x5

Top Bottom