• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance- 35%
Relevant and relatively popular which is obviously good (looks to be more popular than Isaac so far on here? How things have changed...). On the reverse side, Sakurai seems to be hesitant with more Kirby material and while Bandana Dee is technically a distinct character with potential for a unique moveset, he still seems slightly on the generic side, which would hurt his chances. Don’t see him as being massively high priority.
Want- 68%
It would feel more complete with him, and he might be ok to play as. Honestly, selfish me would rather have Adeleine, but that’s not going to happen before the Dee, so I’m fine with him getting in. Still, he’s not that hype-inducing for me, either.

Pauline Prediction- 20%
Captain Toad Prediction- 60%

Nominations:
Andy x3
Dillon x2

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Bandana Dee

Chance 75%
Kirby missed out on a rep for smash 4 and is one of nintendo's biggest game series it feels off to only have 3 characters and with him being the most common choice for a 4th player in every kirby game if kirby gets a new rep its most certanly him.

Want 80%
would be awesome to have him and long distant fighter and anohter kirby character in the roster

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...I guess it’s Dee day now

Bandanna Waddle Dee

Chance: 10%
Want: 10%

Dee is in a position similar to Toad - a generic character made unique by the addition of an accessory, and despite appearing frequently as a sidekick in the main series games, has not even shown as anything noteworthy (not even an assist) in Smash.

We can speculate all we like about ballot results, but nobody knows the actual results, besides that ballot was easy enough to vote-by-bot so we don’t know how skewed it is. We all live in our forum threads so it sounds like there’s loads of support, but we don’t really know. Personally, I haven’t heard Dee banded about by anyone outside of these boards...granted I don’t look for material either.

As for “we need a spear user,” I don’t really think of him as a spearman simply because he holds a spear. If I wanted to see a spear fighting style, I’d look for someone from Zelda, now that Link got a bunch of spears as possibilities, or they likely have some in Fire Emblem. A puffball waving around a pointy stick that is as long as he is wide would not be able to do more than poke with it and also wouldn’t have extended range - kinda like how Meta Knight’s swordsmanship is not really at the level of the rest of the swordsmen in Smash. Honestly, I see Dee more as a pokey Meta Knight than anything else.

On his side, the Kirby series is getting a new game, and I’m sure the series as a whole is much more popular in Japan than in the west. But Sakurai did seriously cut down on Kirby content after people claimed Brawl favored the series too much (it wasn’t bad), and now the complaints about Sakurai favoring his own stuff skyrocketed for SSB4 (that was excessive). He may be hesitant to feed that debate more.

Personally, I don’t really see anything in Dee. While most people think we have enough sword fighters, I say bring on the sword fighters to balance out all of the small round puffball type characters with stubby arms and legs (not that that’s all bad, since I support Squirtle and he fits that description too). I’ve never been that into the Kirby series, so there’s not much about him that says ‘unique’ to me.

I’m not going to riot if he gets in, and I’ll be happy for his supporters since they’ve been around a while, I just think there are some more deserving characters who are more important to their respective series and whose series deserve more representation.

Prediction for Pauline: 9.8%
Prediction for Toad: 27.4%

Nominations: :4mewtwo:x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: 15%
Hate to be cynical, but look at how much modern Kirby got in Smash 4...Kirby got a new Final Smash and there were like three trophies (and none for Dee). Yeah, there was gonna be an Epic Yarn stage...but Sakurai took the first chance he could to replace it with a game that wouldn't release until LONG after Smash. It's not unreasonable to guess Sakurai may not want to represent modern Kirby games he didn't work on if he can only give Kirby so much content. The fifteen percent is insurance in case I'm wrong...

Want: 100%
...And I want to be.

Predicting a 12.2 for Pauline, and a 54% for Captain Toad.
Nominating Celica x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Bandanna Dee

Chance: 10% - He may have been increasing in relevance as of late, but I think his chances mostly rely on if Sakurai deems the Kirby series worthy of four characters, if Sakurai deems Bandanna Dee worthy as a character, and Bandanna Dee's position on the ballot. Not too sure on the first two, but I'm sure he did okay in the ballot. Time will tell.

Want: 50% - Wouldn't mind if he joined, wouldn't mind if he didn't.

Nominations: Krystal x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bandana Dee:

Chance: 20% - A 1 in 5 shot of being in the game sounds fair to me. The things that go in his favor were already stated - he's the next in line for a Kirby rep, he would have an unique move set to work with, quite recognizable for the masses that played any sort of Kirby game or are aware of it, has obtained some decent amount of relevancy lately. So why the low chances?

Well, for two reasons. First, while true his move pool can create an unique play style, I feel it is a little lacking to be conceptually inspired by Sakurai. Look at the newcomers in Smash 4 - all of them truly had something stand out for them. Bandana Dee lacks this kind of aspect for him. The fact he uses a spear means nothing to me as he doesn't do anything original with it nor is there a rule that every sort of weapon needs to be represented in some way.

The second reason is simply that Sakurai is biased towards his own work when it comes to Kirby. He shuns modern Kirby so much I find it a bit petty and stubborn of him.

Want: 50% - largely indifferent but I always liked his personality in the older games. I haven't been interested in Kirby in some time (post Air Ride, although Star Allies looks sweet and may get it) but I do think he about makes it as a Nintendo All-Star and his simplicity would be welcome after so many newcomers added in to test the boundaries of Smash.

Predictions (all chances):

Pauline: 12.3%
Captain Toad: 75.8%

Noms: Concept: F-Zero newcomer x3, Phoenix Wright x2

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%
He could happen, but it's probably not a high priority. I don't really see it, but I don't think it's impossible.

Want: 20%
I like Kirby well enough but a newcomer for the series isn't at the top of my list of wants. That said, he would probably be fun to play as.

Predictions:
Pauline: 37%
Captain Toad: 88%

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x3, Lyn x2

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 20%
Sakurai has gained a reputation for showing favoritism in the last Smash which pretty undeserved. The man kept Kirby characters at 1 during Melee to avoid such a scenario and I don't see him being to keen to add more. Especially for Bandana Dee. I don't hate the character or think he's just like the regular minions in the game like some of his detractors, it's just that Kirby has it's big three in Kirby, Meta-Knight, and King Dedede. BD is usually shown as the fourth and he's become more prominent in the series lately but he still isn't as big as the other 3. It could happen I just don't see him being a priority for Smash.

Want: 50%
I'm never against new characters but I could care less if he's in

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Bandana Dee:

I think because Waddle Dee has been represented as common enemies, his changes are slightly under 50%. However, Waddle Dee/ Bandana Dee is popular enough that they would be a strong contender if Kirby gets another character. He placed high in the Japanese research I did. I think Kirby is ready for another playable character, especially with its' anniversary.

Semi-related piece.

Want: 60%
Not a huge Kirby fan, but I think Waddle Dee/ Bandana Dee is cute. Personally, I'd prefer Magalor over Dee though.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee

Chance: 85%

Great moveset potential, playable in the latest KIrby game, more popular now than he's ever been. So what's with the doubts?

IMO some of you guys may be overestimating the power of Sakurai bias. I recall him being against including a sixth FE character in Smash 4 yet the dev team still managed to convince him to do it. What's to say the same won't happen for Dee? Yes, Smash Switch will release many months after Star Allies but Nintendo still likes to advertise their games months or even years after their release.

And it's not like Sakurai absolutely despises modern Kirby, otherwise I don't see why he would change Kirby's Final Smash from Brawl to Smash 4. Of course a Final Smash and a few trophies and music tracks aren't as major as a character inclusion. Thing is Bandana Dee originated from Super Star and thus is one of Sakurai's creations, so he's much safer than characters like Magolor or Susie, unless this so existing bias is at such a level where Sakurai really hates the idea of Dee being a master spear wielder for some reason, which I doubt.

Also if HAL is truely back for this Smash, Dee will be even likelier.

Supported him since before the first trailer for Smash 4 dropped, won't stop.

Predictions: Captain Toad 58% Pauline 22%

Nominations: Hades x3 Pacman x2

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
?

What reason is there to believe it'll be HAL this time?
Probably talking about that whole original game copyright stuff.
That doesn't mean Hal is developing the game guys. That's for the game that started it all.

Waddle (Bandana) Dee:

Chance:80%
I think that due to how relevant he is lately and how much potential for a moveset he has due to his spear, it's very likely. Not guaranteed though which is why I give it a 80% Also the ballot, hope that helps Bandana Dee out.

I have high hopes for his moveset, personally think that Kirby deserves a 4th character in Smash (and Bandana Dee is the perfect candidate) and he's adorable. Also would please others which is always nice.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: 10%

There hasn't really been much content from non-Sakurai Kirby games outside of trophies and music, and that Epic Yarn stage never came into fruition. While I do think people tend to blow Sakurai's own biases out of proportion, I can't deny that he tends to stick with more familiar territory as far as Kirby content is concerned.

While this spear-wielding Waddle Dee debuted in Sakurai's own Kirby Super Star, his character wouldn't be fleshed out and become a prominent figure until after Sakurai left the series and HAL Labs.

Want: 85%

He'd be cool, though.

Predictions: Pauline - 10.5%; Captain Toad - 15.4%

Nomination: Shulk x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bandanna Waddle Dee

Chance - 70% - At this point, he's a clear core character for modern day Kirby games. I can see Hal pushing for his inclusion, and he makes for a nice lower-complexity hero to add. While it's hard to say how much his bias towards his own games will affect him, I don't think there are any rivals to his popularity among Kirby, and I doubt that anyone else would be considered from his series.

Want - 100% - Currently my most wanted character here.

Predictions

Pauline - 4.52% - Not seen as move set material.

Captain Toad - 19.35% - Maybe a bit more?

Nominaitons

Anna X5

Kouzeon

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee: 45%
If we get a Kirby character, it's almost inevitably Bandana Dee.
Want: 65%

Predictions:
Pauline: 10%
Captain Toad: 28%

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Get Dee'd On!

Chance: 80%

I'm feeling optimistic for the little guy this time around. I feel that Sakurai opted to not add any Kirby characters in the previous iteration mainly because the amount of newcomers it got in Brawl so maybe this is Dee's time. He's been featured prominently in his series, is very popular in the West/Japan, and most likely did pretty well on the Ballot. I'm feeling the Dee.

Want: 90%

While Dee isn't among my most requested, i'd love to see him in Smash. I feel like he always had a major role in the Kirby games even before BWD was introduced. He has a cool design and he fights with a spear so that's enough for me to want him in.

Prediction: Pauline and Captain Toad

Chance: 10% (Pauline) 45% (Captain Toad)
Want: 12% (Pauline) 70% (Captain Toad)

Nomination

Andy X 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bandanna Dee has been gaining major prominence in the recent Kirby game Star Allies, being marketed as a legacy Kirby character in Star Allies. It is no surprise to see people think that Bandanna Dee would be a popular frontrunner for Smash Switch because of that. But, I have one issue with Bandanna Dee that makes me think he is getting in. It is not Sakurai's 'biased representation' on Kirby games he has developed (Even though it is a somewhat major factor to his chances), but his move-set potential. Dee's move-set writes itself in games like Return to Dreamland and Star Allies, but conceptually and gameplay-wise, it does not spark as very interesting.

To quote the article that Push posted:

"To be blunt, if I think I can do it then I can envision a concrete embodiment of the character, but if I cannot do that the character cannot be made.” This is a big factor. Of course getting permission and understanding from the original creators is necessary, but whether the image of the character in my head is dancing powerfully, or not. This is of the utmost importance."

I have been trying to think this way with Bandanna Dee, and honestly, I do not have strong feelings about Dee's move-set when I envision in Smash gameplay conceptual terms. Dee's move-set is simply not as sparking of an idea as Bayonetta's witch powers or Inklings using of ink. Even if he does fill in an interesting gameplay archetype, when I think of his move-set and his characterization in the Kirby games, it does not spark the immediate imagination. It is just there.

Would Bandanna Dee really be something Sakurai would definitely be strongly intrigued by conceptually, assuming that he lets the Kirby bias aside and actually prioritize this character over other newcomers? I do not think so. I feel there are other characters like Chorus Kids, Tom Nook, Isabelle, and Spring Man that would spark more interest, priority, and imagination to Sakurai than Dee. It could be argued that Sakurai could do creative liberties if the spear moveset does not spark some immediate moveset interest, but I feel that would be the case if Sakurai finds an important need to add another Kirby character for representation purposes. And in terms of Kirby representation, I think Sakurai is content enough with Dedede and Metaknight to not consider a 4th Kirby character for Smash Switch development. If there were a 4th character to be considered, characters like Marx and even Prince Fluff would spark more interesting moveset ideas for Sakurai.

So, in my personal opinion, Dee's biggest issue getting into Smash Switch is the moveset potential lacking notable appeal, characterization, and gameplay interest, rather than the moveset potential itself. I think Sakurai will pass on Dee because the 'uniqueness' he provides does not spark enough imagination for the character to be considered for development.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Bandanna Dee

Chances: 50%
I'm going 50-50 on this one. If we do get a new Kirby character it's very likely going to be him. Yet, I'm not sure if we are getting new kirby character, so I'll keep it as is.

Want: 60%
I don't have a high demand for the character, but I might have fun using him if they do indeed add him in. Won't feel disappointed though if he doesn't appear.

Prediction:
Pauline 5%
Cpt. Toad 15%

Nominating:
Lucas 5x

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Aaah time for the Dee To shine :3

Chances: Around 80%
If there is a new Kirby rep it WILL be Bandana Dee. As of late he has become the fourth "main squad" Kirby character at the very top right next to the pink puffball himself, King Dedede and Meta Knight. We need to have the full team!

Now that Bayonetta is in Smash, the Dee has become my most wanted newcomer. Rejoice!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bandana Dee

Chance:
60% - I actually think Bandana Dee is more likely than not this time. One part of it is that he's just continued to gain more and more prominence in the Kirby series, which has enough momentum to warrant a 4th character at this point, but another part of it is that the competition is really thinning out. Once we move past the obvious inclusions (which imo are a Pokémon, FE, Xenoblade, ARMS, retro and 3rd party character a piece) then what have we got left? Bandana Dee is just a very safe inclusion at that point. Sure, not everybody would get excited about him, but nobody would be mad at his inclusion either, and his moveset is easy to make while it has a bit of a unique style (spear).

The one hurdle he'll have to overcome is that Sakurai has seemed very hestitant to include Kirby content that isn't from the games he created, he has his obvious biases and it does feel a bit like he doesn't want to acknowledge what has come after his time with the franchise beyond a few trophies.

Want: 70% - I'm a big Kirby fan, and although I don't like Bandana Dee as much as the other three main characters he's still a neat addition to the series, and most certainly a better take on a playable 4th wheel than the generic Toad we've been stuck with in the Mario games. I'm not sure how much I'd play him, but I'd still be happy with him. Besides, @Chandeelure and his passion for the character is incredibly contagious, it's hard not to root for him.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bandana waddle dee, lets see

chances: 45% i dont our odds of getting a fourth kirby character are too high but i think if we did it would be him

want: 95% id love to smash as him, spear and/or parasol itd be great fun

D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: C (50%)

So we finally get to this guy. He's another middle of the road contender but has a higher shot than what detractors will admit. He also has a growing fan base as we speaking and I believe that it will grow into a vocal fan base much like many pre-Brawl fan bases and Mewtwo, Mega Man, Ridley, and King K. Rool in pre-Smash 4.

His Star Allies appearance which on top of being a playable appearance, confirms that he is his own unique character with his own background. Coming packed with a spear move set, you couldn't write an easier move set for him. He is not a generic enemy character and if that was ever a concern, it sure isn't now. This is significant because he can't be compared to Toad in which anyone could be a Toad but we now know who Bandana Waddle Dee is. If there was any doubt he was the fourth most important Kirby character, there is none now, especially when considering he's become a prominent Kirby character and is here to stay.

Now people may bring up that he wasn't even a trophy in Smash 3DS & Wii U but consider that the roster was decided by August, 2012. At the time, he had just one cameo in a Sakurai game, a larger role in a remix, a cameo in Mass Attack, and a playable role in Return to Dreamland. Naturally, it makes sense to assume that Sakurai was unsure that he would stick around after one major appearance and three relatively minor ones. But since he decided the roster then, he's had six more apperances, two of which was a playable appearance (with the last one and another was a plot important role. Sakurai could have heard of Bandana Dee's playable appearance in Star Allies when he was deciding this game's roster and with development starting for this game start in November, 2016 and Star Allies surely starting at least half a year earlier, Sakurai will finally know that the Dee is here to stay. I guaranteed that he is getting some sort of representation as he has become too big for Sakurai to entirely ignore.

As for the commonly brought up "Sakurai is biased against modern Kirby!" comments, he can't primarily draw contents from the same four old as fossil games (with special emphasis on Kirby Super Star) forever. Eventually he will run out of ideas and have to include at least a stage from a game he didn't direct. When he gets to this point, that will help Bandana Dee even more seeing as he may look for potential characters from newer games as well. Also, Sakurai technically created him anyway and it's silly to assume that he would dislike one of his own creations.

As far as Kirby newcomers go, it's him or no one. If not this game, chances are he'll be in the next game (or even DLC). The best thing about this character is that his best shot has yet to happen. He's going to become one of the most wanted newcomers and that will get Sakurai's attention.

Want: A (100%)

If he shows up this game, I will buy it for sure. I love the little warrior and if he gets in, he would guaranteed much better representation from Kirby outside, ahem, Sakurai's own games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Waddle Dee

Chance: 50%
At this point, he is literally among the only notable Nintendo characters remaining and his demand is relatively high as a result. His spear could definitely contribute to a unique play-style and he is on par if not of greater relevance to his series than Toad.

Want: 80%
It is less that I truly, genuinely want him and more that I view him as "missing."

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee

Chance- 85%
Has become that 4th main character of the Kirby series.
Want- 50%
I'm pretty neutral at this point. I recognize the importance but there are more interesting Kirby characters.

Nominations- Waluigi x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Holy **** I was sick last night, sorry for the super late post.

Isaac
17.73% Chance
58.60% Want

Isaac’s support seems to have decayed a bit, as he is nowhere near the Titan he was in Brawl or SsB4 speculation. He still seems to be generally wanted by most of the community.

Today we shall be eating Bandanna Dee, please discuss him in Chance and want. Also as a treat, tomorrow we have our first double day with Pauline and Captain Toad, do predict their chances.

Ura Ura you get extra noms as the closest to the actual percent. Opossum Opossum gets one extra nom since people can’t spell. Use them wisely.

I also appologize that the nominations list has fallen behind, I have no internet at my house due to a nor’easter and I have been under the weather a bit, it shall most likely be updated today. Sorry for any inconvinience.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Bandana Waddle Dee

I think his chances are pretty good. Hw is one of the only character left to include who has been given consistent, palpable relevancy over time. This rating would've been higher if other people's remarks about Bandana Dee seeming too generic weren't so convincing... but it's not as low as theirs because I got a counter-argument: perceived generacy didn't stop R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Wii Fit Trainer, among others. In other words, what is generacy? Because one man's 'bland' could be another man's favorite.

I am definitely gonna end up handing out 100%s like candy... but I really do think Bandana Dee would be a great addition! And it's about time for a 4th Kirby rep!

Nominations:
Dillon x5

:171:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee chances: 42%
While he's certainly a good contender, I'm not confident enough to consider him more likely than not, simply because I feel that new character slots are going to be highly valued and as I already said I'm expecting a comparably lower amount of new content compared to previous sequels in the Smash series, making competition quite strong for potential new challengers. In Return to Dream Land and later games he became an important recurring character to the series, and his very most recent appearances seem to have cemented his status as a major part of the modern Kirby era, although the roster was probably decided when those were still early in development. Overall I think Bandana Dee has an very good shot at being considered, especially since he probably got visible demand in the ballot, and has a solid chance at passing the "priority" filter as well.

Bandanna Dee want: 55%
He's alright. Not a terrible choice, but not one I feel strongly towards either.

Captain Toad prediction: 31.29%
Pauline prediction: 17.16%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x4
Returning game mode: Smash Run x1

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Waddle Dee:

Chance: 55% Wow we're all over the place on this one. The arguments regarding relevancy and longevity have all been discussed. Likewise, the counterargument that he is too generic has also been discussed. In the end, I see him as slightly more likely than not. It would be nice to complete the quartet of Kirby, which has been bugging me since Brawl. However, Sakurai hasn't finished quartets before (Waluigi soon?) so that isn't the greatest argument.
Want 70% Yes please. The only thing I dislike about him is his design, but other than that, Bandana Dee would be an addition I would enjoy immensely.

Predictions:
Captain Toad: 42%
Pauline: 6%

Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee

I think Kirby is a big enough series to warrant a fourth character and Bandana Dee has been showing up in more games.

I like Kirby games. >w>

Noms
x1 Chibi-Robo
x2 Style Savvy Rep
x2 Mallo from Pushmo

Perdictions
Captain Toad
Chances: 43%
Want: 59%

Pauline
Chances: 9%
Want: 23%

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Bandana Dee

If Kirby gets another rep i feel as of right now Bandana Dee would be next in line although i do not see a particular reason for him to be added other than just to have another kirby rep.

Want: 50%
The only kirby games i have played are squeek squad and air ride (although i do have 64 and the ones on the nes & snes classics). IDK the big kirby characters are already here. Plus if he remains relivant to the franchise i feel magalor would be a cooler edition. I would not be disappointed to see this but would also not be too excited either.

Nomination: Tsubasa Oribe X5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Bandana Dee:

Chance: 58%

Always liked the character and Waddle Dee's in general. So, I'd like to see him in the game as a playable character.

Predictions:
Captain Toad: 69%
Pauline 12%

Nominations:
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x5

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee
Chance : 70%
Things have been pretty good for him since is first playable appearance, he is with little doubt the next character that will be added for the Kirby series and I can easily see a 4th Kirby rep happening.

Want : 60%
Most likely 4th Kirby character ? Sure.
Most wanted 4th Kirby character ? Nope, sorry little guy.

Predictions :
Captain Toad : 20.14%
Pauline : 19.81%

Nomination :
Ashley (Wario ware series) X 5

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
The time is finally here...
Everyone get yourself a glass of Apple Juice. because this is probably going to be a LONG post

Bandana Waddle Dee.

Chance: 75% - As much as I'd like to say he's a shoe-in. I'm going to be realistic and say there's a genuine chance he won't be in. but he has a lot going for him as a potential newcomer.
The Kirby series seems to be on a roll lately. new games pretty much every year. with the amazing-looking Star Allies out Today. the series has likely grown in popularity thanks to this influx of new games. that said the series has always been popular in Japan.
Bandana Dee has been a character in the franchise since Super Star (created by Sakurai) and over the years he has grown in relevance and as a character.
there was a TON of demand on here for him during the lead up to Smash 4 and after the announcement of DLC. and he seemed to pop up on a fair few wanted lists around other sites too.
And while he felt like a prominent and likely character then to those of us who support him. he really hadn't achieved that status yet. BUT, in the years since Smash 4, we've seen him show a PERFECT ATTENDANCE in the main kirby games since then Being the only character other than Kirby to be playable in Rainbow Paintbrush, Being a street pass health item gimmick in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, Being Kirby's sidekick in Battle Royale. and now being a "Fan Favorite Legacy Character" Dream Ally in Kirby Star Allies. Bandana Waddle Dee has cemented himself as the 4th main Kirby character.
If any Kirby Character gets added as playable this game, it's gonna be B.W.Dee!
But therein lies the slight issue and the reason he isn't a Guarantee. "Will the Kirby franchise get a 4th character? Sakurai is often accused of Bias towards games he's worked on. Too much Kirby in brawl. too much Kid Iccaus Uprising in Smash 4! this is probably also why he didn't include much Kirby stuff in Smash 4. but given how little Kirby got in that game. and how the franchise has grown since then. there's a pretty good chance there'll be another Kirby rep added this time around.
Some People may throw the claim he is too generic to be a smash bros character agaisnt him. but that would also exclude Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, ROB, and several other characters from being in because they are "just their species" HAL has tried to push that Bandana Dee is more than just a waddle dee in a bandana. similar to the situation with Captain Toad, they've tried to make him a character first and foremost. giving him a unique look, a unique weapon and promoting him as a character
So in conclusion. If Kirby gets a well-deserved 4th rep, it will be Bandana Dee based on his ever-growing relevance to the series. but If it's decided that the Kirby series doesn't need a 4th Rep. or Sakurai wants to avoid accusations of bias. or he decides to double down on his bias and ignore the legacy Bandana Dee has grown since Sakurai left the series and he picks someone else he had a bigger hand in Bandana Dee has a good shot.

Want: 100% - Uhh, YEAH I WANT HIM IN! he is among my top 3 most wanted characters for this smash. and was in my top 2 in smash 4. I really love Waddle Dees and especially Bandana Dee. I'd love to see him get in!

Predictions

Pauline: 11%
Captain Toad: 62%

Nominations

Qbby (from Boxboy) x3
Impa x 1
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x1

Troykv

Smash Master
Bandana Dee.

A bit hard to be that confident with a newcomer that isn't Inkling (that their were already confirmed); but Dee is in a somewhat safe spot, with the only thing going against him is looking a bit... simple.

Chance: 50%

It would perfectly happen, it's the most likely of the Kirby ideas anyway, and has some cool stuff with him.

I'm a vivid supporter of Kirby Representation in general :kirby:

___

Oh? Double predict time?

Pauline: 22.3%

Captain Toad: 34.5%

Nominations: Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Bandana Waddle Dee

Chances: 85%

All this talk about "less priority" as if we haven't already got the highest priority in terms of characters for most franchises. Do you think we'll have 10 new 3rd parties for characters from the source company to compete with? The way I see it, It's a battle of relevancy and who's deserving of more reps.

Kirby is one of the biggest franchises and is a part of the main four almost always showcased in every Smash. If it gets another rep, which I believe it should, it WILL be Bandana Waddle Dee. He's the fourth most prevalent character in the series who's actually playable, was in a recent game that's recieving decent/good reviews, and was originally a Sakurai character. The issue of Sakurai being less likely to add Kirby should be brought up for those same people who believe another FE character will get in after all the complaints. Hell, Mario also got some complaints yet I don't believe they'll cut anyone and may even add one more. His popularity plus his moveset already being easy to figure out and use, regardless of generacy, helps make him a bery solid contender and one of the most likely newcomers. That's why I gave him such a high rating.

Want: 75%

I like the Kirby series and would definitely love to see a character worthy of inclusion after proving himself in the main games so many times. He's also adorable.

Prediction for Captain Toad/Pauline: 60%/5%

Based entirely on what I believe the forums will rate him and her respectively. I'll give my personal reasons when it happens.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee

Chance:40%

I was thinking he had almost no chance, but after reading the support thread, it's obvious he has been represented in Kirby a lot recently.

Want: 40%

He's grown on me actually. I went from not wanting him at all in Sm4sh, and now I think it'd be kinda cool to see him parasol-ing and spearing people.

Noms:
Professor Layton x 5

Predictions:
Pauline:8%
Captain Toad:48%

Top Bottom