• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
:4shulk:

Chance: 100%
Pretty much the 'Marth' of the Xenoblade series - the series may have a rotating cast of characters, but most of the time when people think of Xenoblade, it's Monado-Boy here.

Want: 100%
Pleasedon'tleavepleasedon'tleavepleasedon'tleave... Yes - I have a 'Madness Mantra' for pretty much all of the Smash 4 cast - Shulk especially since he was one of my most wanted back in the days of early Smash 4 speculation. Expect me to say this chant should we get to another veteran from Smash 4.

Nomination: Marx X2
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) X2

Graizen

Smash Champion
Shulk
Chances:
100%

Why are we talking about Shulk here? He is already in the game!

Nomination: Agumon x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4shulk: NOW IT'S SHULK TIME :4shulk:

Shulk

Shulk is staying. Not sure we need to elaborate past that. This does feel like a wasted day. We voting on whether we think Marth will return next?

I wasn't exactly thrilled by Shulk's inclusion in Sm4sh, but that was mostly because he was so obvious I couldn't get excited for his reveal at all. Now if you take away my ability to "BACKSLASH" I will cry. Manly tears. Constantly.

Prediction:
Skull Kid: 8%

Nominations:

Isabelle X 5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Oh dang, I missed Decidueye. That's a shame.

Shulk
Chance: 99%
Want: 90%
I can't call myself a Xenoblade fan, but he's a cool addition and has no reason to leave.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Shulk
Chance 98%
I can't see him going, at all. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we've already seen him hiding in the shadows, and it helps the series icon is his Monado, he really is the Marth of the series
I love Xenoblade, and I especially love Shulk, his inclusion in Smash got me into the series, he's awesome.

Prediction Skull Kid
14%(tomorrow is going to be a fun day for me)

Nominate
Lara Croft x3
Parabo and Satebo x2

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Shulk
Chances: 100%
The face of the Xenoblade series, and Xenoblade is shaping itself to be the next FE as a series that is building itself up. Not to mention Sakurai likes the series so Shulk can return with no danger of being replaced along either Elma or Rex & Pyra added in the game.

Shulk is a cool boy, he must come back.

Prediction:
Skull Kid: 13.21%

x5 to Geno

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Shulk chances: 96.5%
His game represents the introduction of a new important series to Nintendo as well as Monolith Soft's first game since they've been bought by Nintendo, very unlikely to be low priority among returning characters from Smash 4.

Shulk want: 100%
After his confirmation in Smash 4 I was lucky to randomly find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles in a second hand video game store and bought it by curiosity. It was a very enjoyable experience with its well-designed gameplay (although to be fair I had to try to get used to it but once I did it was really fun) and some grandiose story moments.
The moment when the boss controlling Mechonis was going to attack Bionis with an infinite damage attack is without a doubt one of the most awesome and unforgettable moments in my gaming life.
I also like to play as him in Smash, so yeah I have no reason to not want him back.

Prediction for the character who should have been rated today right after Decidueye because of objectively the nomination list and subjectively because they have similar aesthetics: keeping my old 14.40%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Shulk

Chance: 99% - Since he's a returning character, I'm willing to go above 50% for him. He was included thanks to his popularity over in Japan, and with Nintendo paying close attention to Xenoblade, it's very unlikely that we're going to see him go.

Want: 50% - There's no reason to cut him, but I've no reason to want him, either. I'm not attached to the character, so I wouldn't be hurt to see him go. Rather, I'd just be confused more than anything.

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Shulk

Chance: 98%

I highly doubt he’ll be cut in favor of Rex/Pyra or Elma.

Predictions:
Skull Kid: 13.87%
Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x 5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Shulk

Chance:
99% - I see no reason he'd be cut

Want: 50% - Don't really care for him, but he's still the best possible Xenoblade rep.

Nominations:
Geno x5

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Shulk

Editing in my reasons for both, as I was in a hurry earlier:
He's the Marth of his series, pretty much. Xenoblade is only getting more popular and more important to Nintendo, so rather than cutting characters I'm expecting more than one newcomer in all, with DLC.
As for want... when Shulk was revealed last time I was actually pretty annoyed because I saw him as "taking Isaac's place". I later played XC and now I am a huge fan of the series. Shulk is a great and worthy addition to the roster, and he will remain unique because no one else from the other games would play quite like him.

Skull Kid prediction: 9.55
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Elma x4

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Photoshopped Little Mac

Chance- 100%
Unique? Check
Veteran? Check
Series is on the rise? Check

Want- 100%
I dont like seeing veterans getting cut.

Skull Kid- 8.64%

Doomguy X 4
Thwomp X 1

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Small error here, TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Chances said:
Newcomers
Chance
2. Takamaru (57.56%)
3. Decidueye (57.87%)
Anyway, it's Reyn Shulk time!

Chance - 99.9%
Face of a series that has only progressed since his inclusion in Smash. He won't be cut unless he is somehow low priority, which I don't see happening at all. Shulk will be in the game with most likely a new representative from Xenoblade.

Want - 85%
Shulk was in my top 5 most wanted in Smash 4 speculation days. The only reason this got lowered was due to the fact I was a bit disappointed by his move set. It's fine for what it is, but the Arts need some tweaking.

Skull Kid prediction: 12.6%

Noms: Phoenix Wright x4, Black Shadow x1

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Shulk Chance: 85%
No, he's by no means a shoo-in. Literally no Smash 4 newcomer bar Villager and MAYBE Robin are shoo-ins. Even if Sakurai doesn't plan on cutting anyone, they can still get axed by priority. And honestly, Shulk stands a fair chance at meeting a demise via priority. The fact that Shulk was among the last newcomers revealed for the last Smash plus the fact that Sakurai even stated Shulk was normally not a character Sakurai would include. Granted, the last bit may not be relevant anymore, but even then, I don't see Shulk flying up the priority list because of that.

... He's not getting replaced by Elma or Rex though lol.

Want: 0%
No.

Skull Kid Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am going to skip this day and just nominate x5 Octolings. I think Shulk is definitely returning.

You know what I need? I definitely am in need of a new rating schedule so I can plan ahead TCT.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Shulkykins

Chance- 90%
Want- 100%

Why get rid of Shulk. He was already one of the most requested characters for Smash 4. He brings a unique moveset and he's a great character from a great game.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Shulk

The idea that Shulk could be replaced by Rex & Pyra, or Elma is utterly baffling. The Monado Boy is here to stay. He'd somehow would have to be low priority to not be included to the base roster. And if that happens, Shulk would return as DLC.

I wasn't pushing for Shulk during the pre-SSB4 days. In fact, I only became aware of his existence through Gematsu. Xenoblade Chronicles X introduced me to the Xeno series. I put over 300 hours on that game. My interest to play Shulk's game grew. I could've easily started whenever since the 3DS port existed. I own a 3DS XL, but I wanted to play Xenoblade on the big screen, and finding a physical copy for a good price is laughable.

Then, Xenoblade Chronicles was finally released to the Wii U virtual console. I did not get it immediately. Rather until January of 2017. The five months I played of Xenoblade were absolutely GLORIOUS~ Surprisingly, I wasn't more excited for Xenoblade 2. I guess the more anime-like designs didn't click compared to what I used to in 1 and X. But, the designs never turned me off and Xenoblade 2 is just as GLORIOUS~ as Xenoblade 1. I lost my **** at the final chapter's opening cutscene. I was losing it from the earlier chapters too. Had I not been introduced to the world of Bionis and Mechonis, it wouldn't have impacted me as much. If I hadn't been introduced to the world of Mira, I don't even think Xenoblade 2 would be at my radar at all.

Nominations
Callie and Marie x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Shulk:

Chance: 95%

Want: 30%
Never played the series he's from nor do I care for him in Smash. I'm not a fan of sword characters, but the Monado arts are at least a neat idea.

Nominations:
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x2
Snorlax x3

D

Deleted member

He has zero reason to not return.
By the time me and other people have been repeating it hundreds of thousands of time, Monolith Soft is a first-party studio of Nintendo since 2007, meaning that Xenoblade characters are as much of Nintendo properties as :4mario:, :4samus:, :4falcon: and such, meaning they are easier first-party characters to deal with than characters like the ones from Pokémon and Fire Emblem.
And shame on those idiotic people who think Rex is gonna replace him, instead of, I don't know, getting added alongside him, just like how :lucas: has been added alongside :ness2:?

Want
: 100%
He's my boy.
And he also was my most wanted character ever.
What else can I say?

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Skull Kid prediction:
47.4%

slambros

Smash Ace
Shulk

Shulk is the Marth of the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise. I am of the belief that nothing more needs to be said.

Predictions for Skull Kid:
41.27%

Nominations:
Elma x5

:171:

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Shulk (Veteran)

It'd be stupid for him to not return. The only way I could see that happening is if Hell freezes over.

Yes, please! He's a unique, fun character and it'd be a damn shame if he didn't come back.

Predictions:

Skull Kid
Chance: 10%
Want: 48%

Nomination:

Doomguy x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Shulk Time

He isn't a shoo-in safe from weird circunstances; unlike the non-Bowser Jr. Mario Characters and in general the most iconic members no-Mewtwo of the roster.

But the fact he is new and has some cool stuff makes his absence unlikely.

Want: 70%

Shulk is nice

Prediction time!

Skull Kid: 10.1%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
shulk you say?

chances: 50% i can see it going either way (maybe im just paranoid)

want: 100% i play as him all the time

D

Deleted member

To those who feel that this day is being wasted, I'm sorry. Though I'll admit that it's refreshing to see a character get so many high chance ratings.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Shulk

Hes not going anywhere any time soon. I doubt they would cut Shulk for Rex.

I mean it’s Shulk.

Nominations: Hades x5

D

Deleted member

To those who feel that this day is being wasted, I'm sorry. Though I'll admit that it's refreshing to see a character get so many high chance ratings.
You don't have to. Brawl newcomers have been rated during the Smash 4 editions of RTC too, so there shouldn't be exceptions for Smash 4 newcomers here as well.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance: 99.99%
If Sora and Hal Labratories burned down and we lost all of the Shulk development resources, we’d be more worried about other things. There’s no way we won’t be in Smash 5 if it goes smoothly: he’s super unique, reps a popular up and coming franchise, and also represents a part of gaming history through Project Rainstorm. There’s no reason why Rex should or could replace him either.

Never touched the franchise and I don’t intend to, but it’s given us sick music, a cool move set, and Shirtless Shulk good memes. I don’t think anybody can find a reason why they wouldn’t want this guy back.

Skull Kid: 5%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shulk gets double hundreds from me. Nothing else needs to be said.

Predicting a 16.2 for Skull Kid
Nominating Henry Fleming x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Shulk

Why would they remove him? He has a much more distinct design and playstyle than the other anime swordsmen, plus his series just had a new entry.

Want: 50%
I don't care about him at all, but I've got nothing against him.

Skull Kid prediction: 10%

Nominations

Travis Touchdown x2

Funky Kong x3

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Welp, looks like I forgot to post on Decidueye's day. Might as well give some briefs thoughts on the character despite his day already being over.

I think he is among one of the most likely Pokemon to represent Generation 7. It has lots of popularity and supporters behind his back, as well as its inclusion in Pokken, and he can definitely bring something unique with the archer moveset. Being a Grass-type isn't necessarily the only justification why it should be in: completing a trio doesn't seem to be a priority for fighting developers (look at how Swampert is the only one of the Hoenn Starter trio not in Pokken yet). As for the Pokemon's issues, it's mainly competition: some other popular Alola Pokemon it would have to compete against include Mimikyu and Incineroar, the latter even has the advantage of showing up in the anime thus far.

As for how much I want Decidueye, I'd be quite welcome seeing it in the game. It's got an awesome design, and I also like its moveset potential. Pure archers are something I really like to see in the next Smash installment, so you can imagine why it's one of the reasons I'm rooting for characters like Revali and Takumi. However, I do have several other Pokemon I am more interested in, namely Primarina and Gallade (the latter I'm aware has very little chance).

Anyway, onto our Monado Boy.

Shulk

I highly doubt Shulk will be cut. His series has now become an established Nintendo franchise with the release of XCX and XC2, and Shulk is the main protagonist of the first game. He is basically what Marth is to Fire Emblem. Shulk even has a lot of popularity on his back. Only reason I can see Shulk being cut is if he is considered low priority, but again, I doubt it.

One of my favorite video game protagonists and my secondary in the early Smash 4 days. He's an awesome character with a pretty fun moveset, so I'd love to see him come back.

------

Predictions

Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda): 12.43%

He suffers from most of the issues that other Zelda newcomer candidates have.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Megaban

Smash Cadet
SHULK
Chance -100%

I don't even know how does one question his return. Xenoblade series became popular and he's too liked (as Smash character included) to just replace him with Rex/whoever we'd get from newer game) He'll stay for sure.

Want -70%
I'd be mad if Sakurai decided to just boot him for no reason. As really, there isn't any.

Nomination: Lana x5

Prediction: Skull Kid -24%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Shulk

There are definitely veterans that are in danger of getting cut; Shulk is not one of them. Even ignoring his own popularity and uniqueness, Xenoblade has done nothing but grow since Shulk's inclusion in 4, so it's definitely going to keep playable representation, and as many has said he is the Marth of the series, so if there's a Xenoblade newcomer (which imo is extremely likely) they're going to be in with Shulk, not instead of him. I don't want to hand out many 100s in chance given how unpredictable Smash's roster can be, but I do not think there is a single good reason for Shulk to be low priority. I think he should have been on the "do not rate" list, honestly.

I was wrong about Shulk. I really wasn't that interested in him during 4 speculation but he ended up being one of my most used newcomers, and I played Xenoblade sometime after 4 came out and ended up loving the game. So yeah, now I want him to stay in. Besides that I want as few cuts as possible anyway, and if there have to be cuts Shulk is not someone that should be on the chopping block.

Skull Kid prediction: 16.25%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Shulk

Chances AND Want: 100% - Because I'm REALLY feeling it

Prediction: Skull Kid 13.8%

Nominations: Zeraora x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
NOW IT’S SHULK TIME
Barring some absurd situation where Sakurai just isn’t happy with Shulk as a Smash character, I don’t see Shulk going anywhere. He’s plenty popular, he’s well known because of his previous appearance in Smash 4, and he was 100% original. There’s no practical reaseon he would be on the chopping block.

Want: 99%
What can I say, I’m really feeling it! :p

I didn’t play much Shulk in the last Smash, and I didn’t like Xenoblade at all when I played it... but like I said, there’s literally no reason to cut him when he’s already in the last one. Personally I think all veterans should return, barring the obvious Young Link and Dark Pit

Noms:
Henry Fleming x3
Rick/Coo/Kine x2

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Also for Shulk may I just add that I think he's already in the silhouette shown in the only trailer we've gotten. It's iffy, but I think you can see the monado over his shoulder. Just some food for thought.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Shulk

Chance - 99.95% - While there is a small chance of him being cut for some stupid reason, I don't see why. This is probably me just being overly cautious.

Want - 95% - Don't care about the series, but he's good in my book.

Predictions

Skull Kid - 7.35% - His time has passed.

Nominations

Anna X5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Are you feeling it now Mr. Shulk?

Chance: 99.9%

Unless the world ends tomorrow, he's coming back. Xenoblade can warrant two characters on the roster.

Want: 95%

Shulk was my main in the early days of Smash 4 and I like his playstyle. Just buff him when he returns so he's actually viable.

Prediction: Skull Kid

Chance: 11%
Want: 39%

Nominations

Masked Link X 3
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf X 2

Top Bottom