• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Arle Nadja
Chance: 3% -
A puzzle game representative is already pretty unlikely if you ask me, and if we do get one it'll be Lip or Professor Layton. Plus, there are much more important SEGA IPs to choose from than this.
Want: 0% - I could not care less for her.

Qbby
Chance: 1% -
He's relevant. That's it. He may be a Nintendo character with an amiibo, but he has next to no way of fighting in Smash.
Want: 0% - And I actually like his game. Doesn't mean he'd fit into Smash.

Nominations
Sakura Shinguji x10 (Apparently we have ten now...?)

Troykv

Smash Master
Arle Nadja

Chance: 5%

Arle is now looking like the SEGA Character with the biggest probabilities of being Bomber'd (but that would still be cool; appearing in Smash is a privilege).

Want: 55%

Puyo Puyo is fun; I kind of like her mage appearance.

Qbby

Chance: 15%

He was created in the right time; but a bit too random for the overall roster... (I mean... its a cube... literally a cube; I can see the appeal; and probably many children; but the Smash Community will hate him; poor boy).

Want: 50%

Well... he's a bit bland; but is so cute <3

Predictions:

Gen 7 Pokémon: 79.6%
Arms Newcomer: 21.4%
RH Newcomer: 34.5%

Nominations:

Adeleine x3
Neptune (Neptunia) x1
Leon Kennedy x1

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Arle Nadja
She is literally who to non-Japanese audiences. She might have decent popularity in Japan, and has pretty good sales there, but I feel like a 3rd party character needs to be known globally, at a minimum. If you were going to add a second Sega character, I'd think that Sonic would probably be the source. Most of the other franchises don't really make the cut while having an appropriate character, IMO.

She would have a chance as an AT, although the competition there becomes stronger since many Sega characters/franchises could work for that (Alex Kidd, NiGHTS, Super Monkey Ball, even Ecco the Dolphin, etc.)

Arle Nadja chances: 0.3%
Arle Nadja want: 0%

Qbby
At least he's from a HAL game, which makes him basically 2nd-party. But these games didn't make a big impression in sales or popularity (not to say that they aren't perfectly fine games) and it would be awfully strange to see him. It's also not particularly obvious how to adapt him for Smash.

Qbby chances: 1%
Qbby want: 2%

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Arle Nadja.

Chance: 1%. Virtually unknown outside of Japan. Third-party characters are limited already, plus there are better Sega reps.
Want: 3%. I love Puyo Puyo though I don't really care about her appearing in Smash.

Qbby.

Chance: 0%. Obscure eShop character. This is the type of character who would appear as a trophy or an assist trophy, not as an actual character.
Want: Abstain

Nominations:

Terry Bogard x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Arle Nadja

Chance - 2.5% - While there has been some argumentation, I think if Sega would get another character it would be her. After Puyo Puyo Tetris sold a million, it's hard to not argue that she's a complete unknown. Still, I had almost forgotten about Bomberman's Assist trophy and what that means for third parties. Admitidly, it seems like she is a perfice fit for that, so I don't think she will be in.

Want - 75% - I liked Puyo Puyo Tetris. Seeing how to translate her moveset would also be interesting.

Qbby

Chance - 1% - The game did decently, but not supper well. Combined with a more obtuse moveset potential, and I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

Want - 55% - Vaguely intested, but not too much. I think he'd be just fine as an assist trophy, though.

Predictions

Gen 7 Pokemon - 89.35% - Most think they are fairly likely.

Arms Newcomer - 17.45% - Not really for the base game.

RH Newcomer - 36.54% - Maybe.

Nominations

Nihilego X5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Qbby
Chance 3%
Want 10%

Arle
Chance 1%
Want 0%

Qbby is just a little too small of a franchise at the moment, but I definitely think it'll get something

Arle doesn't really have much going for her. Third parties should be popular in more than one country

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x2
The rest for Daroach

Prediction 12% for all

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just going to copy-paste my previous ratings for both characters as I don't think things have changed, I'm just giving a slightly higher chance score for Qbby since I said he'd be Assist Trophy material and we haven't seen him. It doesn't make him super likely either though.

Arle Nadja chances: 14%
Her series seems to be big in Japan, but less so in western countries. Without the country barrier I feel like her credentials could give her a higher chance.

Arle Nadja want: 0%
I have no connection, she doesn't inspire me much and I'm not really appealed to the idea.

Qbby chances: 8.4%
Doesn't seem like a huge series, sounds like Dillon or Starfy caliber to me: most likely Assist Trophy material.

Qbby want: 0%
Don't know, doesn't interest me. I know it sounds close-minded, but I have better things to do that digging about characters I barely know about.

Generation 7 Pokémon newcomer prediction: 69.84%
Arms character prediction: 40.03%
Rhythm Heaven character prediction: 13.55%

Nominating:
Returning game mode: Smash Run x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Abstain from both.

Generation 7 Pokémon newcomer prediction: 70%
Arms character prediction: 50%
Rhythm Heaven character prediction: 25%

Nominations:

Raiden x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Arle Nadja

Chance: 20%
Very popular in Japan and may have done well in the ballot nya? However her series has been purely Japanese until Puyo Puyo Tetris and is owned by Sega nya, which than falls down to whether or nyot Sega is willing to give Nintendo nyanother one of their characters to use in smash nya.
Opinion hasn't changed nya; I like ice cream nya.

Want: 85%
Opinion hasn't changed nyaaa~ I like her design and Puyo Puyo was decent mewww.

Qbby

Chance: 1%
Welp, things have changed nya. He's pretty popular and has an amiibo nya. But with tight space, he just seems so much more likely to maybe nyappear as an AT nya~

Want: 85%
It's a box with little legs nya. How is this nyot perfection nya!?

Nominations
Tingle: x10

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Arle Nadja
Chances 40%: Arle is a Sega character from the Puyo Puyo games and although she had the regional replacement problem that Lip had with her game being skinned as a Robotnik game in the Genesis era, she has made an appearance in the west especially with the recent release of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch. She is huge in Japan and has scored pretty high in SourceGaming Smash Ballot Japan poll, so maybe this would be a reverse Little Mac/Ridley as a character focused on appealing to Japanese audience just like the aforementioned characters were added for Western Audience. It all depends on how Sakurai decides to choose characters this time especially with limited roster spots. There is also heavy competition from other third partys who hold much more importance and significance than Arle does.

Want 37%: I honestly would prefer Lip since I find her to have more moveset potential. I am unfamiliar with Arle and really don't know what she would bring to the table but a puzzle game rep would be greatly appreciated but I still have characters I prefer way more than her.

Qbby
Chances 15%: This is a character that screams assist trophy material. He isn't relatively demanded or well known as much and he has simple moves that wouldn't make a full fledged character especially with the limited roster space this time around. He does have relevancy helping him and an amiibo but that's pretty much it. He does have the project plan on his side though

Want 35%: I found the games to be fun but I have no plans to revisit them, like I said Qbby makes sense as an assist trophy due to the simplicity of his moves and there are other characters I would easily prefer over him. He can be a crazy choice like the WFT or ROB but I don't see it

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Double abstaining for both characters since I'm not very familiar with either of them.

------

Predictions

Generation 7 Newcomer: 56.14%

Probably going down.

ARMS representative: 37.13%

Definitely going down because of timing issues.

Rhythm Heaven representative: 24.26%

This one might be even higher than what I have listed here. A Rhythm Heaven character was planned for Smash 4, and to me, it seems like the other currently unrepresented Nintendo IP that is the most likely of the others to get roster representation.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5

andimidna

Smash Master
I think they both have very small nonzero chances, but I’m abstaining

Prediction:
Gen 7: 49.5%
ARMS: 55%
Rhythm Heaven: 55%

I might end up with a more contrarian post for once tomorrow huh

x3 Style Savvy character
x2 Hanafuda character

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Arle Nadja

Chance: 10%
Want: 80%

Since the roster was decided before Puyo Switch was localized, it's unlikely she'll make it in base.

qbby: 3%
Want: Abstained

Roster spots are tight and he's hardly talked about so nada.

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Arle Nadja Chance - 6%: I'll give her some semblance of chance. Ridley was fanservice for the west, Japan doesn't care about him. Putting in a character the west doesn't care about but is popular over there makes some sense, even if there's tons of other 3rd parties I'd predict before this one. I still think Sega would be more likely to opt for a second Sonic character, though.

Arle Nadja Want - 0%: I'm not Japanese. I don't want this character. The art style is very off putting to me too. Would greatly prefer Lip.

Qbby Chance - 0%: Yes Sakurai can force movesets for things and make creative stuff, but this is going too far. Qbby has a obscenely simplistic design for the sake of gameplay that makes Sakurai's doodle of Kirby looks very inspired by comparison. That's fine and all for a platformer, but an all-star character crossover? No thanks. It's not like he can do much of anything to justify his simplistic design either. Why does this character deserve a rerate again? Can we go back to nominations some time this millenium, please?

Qbby Want - 0%: At this point just make an actual box playable. He can spawn boxes and he has legs, not even the decency of some tiny twig arms for normal attack animations. Good luck with this one.

Nominate Fawful x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Arle Nadja

Chance: 3%

She's a pretty notable name in Japan...but just in Japan, really. She's not that well-known outside of there. If she was a Nintendo character I'm not sure it would matter a lot, but I think any third parties picked will be more well known around the world.

Want: 25%

Eh. Not someone I care too much about, but I wouldn't hate her inclusion.

Qbby

Timing is good, he even managed to get his own amiibo. But I feel at this point BoxBoy! simply may not be a big enough series to have a character picked. I think he's got a good shot at being an assist, though.

On one hand he's cute and I would like to play his series more, on the other he just feels like assist trophy material to me. Still, if they made it work I wouldn't be bothered by his inclusion.

Nominations: Tails x5

『SwingingStar』

Smash Cadet
Making this short, I forgot 'bout the dates.
Arle Nadja
Chance: 30%

As pros for her, she's got some degree of historicity, being the face of the series that made "competitive puzzlers" a thing. She's also well recognized in Japan, and thanks to Sega getting it's head out it's ass and just bringing the games over, Puyo Puyo Tetris is now a minor success story on the Switch internationally. Against her, however, is that she'd be covering the same role as Nintendo's own Lip, who's existence is straight up a response to Arle's previous success. And more importantly, she's not in the same level of recognition as any 3rd Party character already in Smash, by orders of magnitude. Allegedly, Source Gaming's poll puts her as a quite serious contender, but I'm not sure of how well that poll would represent the ballot's actual population.

Want: 40%

If it's her or Lip, Lip it is. In any other scenario, she'd be a swell enough choice. Arle's story started as a Dungeon Crawler MC, and that's the origin for her various spells, which could very well cover a great deal of her moveset. Perhaps if Sakurai got creative, he could do something to represent the Puyo games' mechanics, although those may be more esoteric than Panel de Pon's sliding and dropping blocks. As a slight against her, from what little I've seen of Puyo Puyo, she's not the most interesting character in her series, and more importantly, she's not the most interesting Protagonist of her series. That's worth noting too, while she's the OG Puyo MC, she's not part of Sega's cast, whose relevance to modern puyo matches hers.

Qbby
Abstain. (Don't know ****, captain.)

Nomination: Ayumi Tachibana x3, Terry Bogard x2

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, I didn't realise Qbby was getting a re-rate. let me just check back on my old scores.. alright, here we go

Arle Nadja
Chance: 15% - She seems to have some popularity over in Japan but not much here in the west. given the limited amount of slots in Smash Ultimate. I don't see her being super likely. but she still has a chance.
Want: 2% - I'm not opposed to her being in. but also I would not be fazed if she wasn't in.

alright, here we go..

Qbby

Chance: 37.5% - Given the fact that there aren't going to be many newcomers in Smash Ultimate. and the main focus is on bringing everyone back and on adding the most requested characters. Qbby's chances have probebly decreased slightly compared to how I felt last time I rated him. but it's only a slight decrease. the BOXBOY! series has actually performed decently well. and the original was even praised by some review sites as "one of the best 3DS games of 2015." which conveniently was also when the Smash Ultimate project plan was made. at the time Qbby only had 1 game release. but his second game came out 1 month later. and plans for the 3rd game in the series were already underway. so his timing lines up pretty well with when characters were being decided on for Smash.
with 3 games, a smartphone minigame. a surprising amount of merchandise, including an amiibo, several nintendo badge arcage badges and several cameos in HAL's other games. Qbby seems like he's here to stay. they have a lot of love for the character. the director of the series has even expressed a desire to continue the series on the Switch.

so I don't feel his chances have changed all that much, with the only major factor being that there are less newcomer slots to go around.
Yes, he probably has a better shot at being an assist trophy than actually playable. but I feel like he has enough potential to be either.
Want: 100% - I still feel like Qbby would be a fantastic addition to the roster. his variety of boxes give him tons of moveset potential. and he'd be one of the most unique and unorthodox characters to get in.

plus. I'd love to see him getting to fight alongside his hero.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Arle
Simply has way to much competition as a third party and isn't nearly asinternationally well known as many others .

Qbby
Unfortunately with a more limited amount of newcomers I can't see our Boxboinbeing high enough of a priority to get a playable role. Only scenarios I can see him getting in is if Sakurai was looking for another unexpected WTF-character and if HAL was really pushing for him to be playable.

Want: 75%
I'm still rooting for him however. He's cute and pure.

Gen7: 77.52%
Arms: 61.18%
Rythm Heaven: 53.76%

Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voices x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Third Party Lip
There's too much competition from other third parties, and we probably aren't getting that many this time.
Want: 1%
It's not exactly that I don't want her, I just want several other characters more.

Lord Boxman
Nope, I'm still not convinced. With newcomer space as limited as it is, I highly doubt one of Sakurai's top choices was a walking box. Literally the only thing he has going for him is that he's recent.
Want: 0%
I like his games, but I still don't want him in Smash.

Gen VII prediction: 65%
RH prediction: 55%
ARMS prediction: 2%, though this one will probably end up getting overrated anyway because people can't wait six or so months for the DLC thread.
Noms: Ken x10

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just for the record this day will last until midnight edt tonight Wyoming Wyoming . Should give people enough time to vote.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Qbby

Chance: 10% (<- 24%)
Sakurai doesn't owe HAL any favors. He doesn't seem to be giving much attention to recent handheld franchises either, and Qbby, despite being probably the most successful of them (judging by the amount of merchandise he gets), is no exception.

Want: 15% (<-20%)
It's kind of cute, but not by a convincing degree. The only boxes I really want to see checked off are those next to names like K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie.

Predictions
Gen 7 rep: 47%
Rhythm Heaven rep: 65%
ARMS rep: 15%

Nominations
Ninten x5

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Arle:
Abstaining.

Qbby:
Chance: 40%
I don’t think people are giving Qbby a fair chance here. Yes, he’s a cube with legs; why does that matter? His moveset potential is insane, looking at his third game. And you may say, “but the third game wasn’t in development when the roster was created”, but the abilities he gains in the third game are present in the second game, though with a much more minor presence. And the second game was a few weeks away from release when the project plan was created. Plus, all three of his games were critically aclaimed (Gamespot and Kotaku both called BOXBOY one of the best 3DS games of 2015), he’s the only eShop Rep with an amiibo, and has a very large amount of merchandise. Hal Labs. has been pushing the series a lot, including getting a mobile minigame, and have even stated they want Qbby to be just as loved as Kirby. The creator said he would also find it cool for Qbby to be in Smash, so I think he has some really high chances.

Want: 100%
I adore these games, and getting Qbby in Smash would make Smash Ultimate my favorite game of the series, no questions asked.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Arle
Chances: 5%
She's very popular in Japan, but she severely lacks familiarity outside of that sphere due to not being localized into the games she was in until recently. Considering Takamaru was rejected for lack of familiarity and Third Parties tend to be less lopsided in their popularity I don't think that bodes well for her.

Want 50%
Don't mind either way.

Abstaining from Qbby.

Nominations: Monster Hunter Character x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Arle
Chance - 5%
3rd party with mostly only Eastern popularity. Could happen, but it's not likely.
Want - 10%
Meh, no persona attachment for or against her. She's just there.

Qbby
Chance - 9%
He has his little series, but I'm doubting he is Ultimate material.
Want - 0%
Too simple of a design for me. His move set potential also seems bland and uninspired.

Noms 5x Monster Hunter

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Arle
Puyo Puyo is just a rip off of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Want: 10%
F I R E B A L L

Qbby
He's a smol box lad with a smol series of similar status to Dillon. The problem is, as a smol white box with no arms, there's not a lot of things he could actually do in a fighting game.

I really like his character design.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Arle Nadja
Chance: 7% - One of the most requested third parties in Japan. Not entirely likely, but I see her as one of the dark horse candidates to get in.
Want: 40%

Qbby
Chance: 5% - He’s from a decently popular IP. I feel he’d probably still be low priority in a Smash title that’s already likely too have a lot less newcomers than previous titles.
Want: 30%

Nominations: Edelgard x5

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
not being localized into the games she was in until recently.
Puyo Pop (Minna de Puyo Puyo in japan) was localized in 2002 and Puyo Pop Fever (Puyo Puyo Fever in japan) followed in 2003 and she was in those. Also, Sonic Runners also has a Puyo Puyo event in which she appeared in.

I'm not gonna say that that makes her a shoe in or that it makes her chances all that high, but Takamaru had the issue of never actually having his game brought to the west until months prior to Smash 4 being released (his only stateside appearance prior was Takamaru's Ninja Castle, which he was only a name drop). Puyo Puyo and Arle by extension has at least been in the west (not counting Mean Bean or Kirby's Avalanche) for years prior to Puyo Puyo Tetris. I get that Takamaru's reasoning for not being included were a lack of notoriety, but I doubt a lack of notoriety in the west was st Sakurai's only reasoning.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Arle
Chance: 0%/ Want: 0%
Her alleged popularity in Japan isn't enough to get her in. Space is limited and there's many third party choices more likely than her.

Qbby
Chance: 1% / Want: 0%
Only slightly possible since he's a first party (I think?) and recent. He doesn't seem relevant or interesting enough to be playable.

Nominations: Neku x 5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Puyo Pop (Minna de Puyo Puyo in japan) was localized in 2002 and Puyo Pop Fever (Puyo Puyo Fever in japan) followed in 2003 and she was in those. Also, Sonic Runners also has a Puyo Puyo event in which she appeared in.

I'm not gonna say that that makes her a shoe in or that it makes her chances all that high, but Takamaru had the issue of never actually having his game brought to the west until months prior to Smash 4 being released (his only stateside appearance prior was Takamaru's Ninja Castle, which he was only a name drop). Puyo Puyo and Arle by extension has at least been in the west (not counting Mean Bean or Kirby's Avalanche) for years prior to Puyo Puyo Tetris. I get that Takamaru's reasoning for not being included were a lack of notoriety, but I doubt a lack of notoriety in the west was st Sakurai's only reasoning.
My mistake, when I looked it up I completely overlooked that so I assumed it was a lot more recent then it was.

I still stand by my score though since i feel that lack of notoriety in the west hurts more as a guest character then a Nintendo one.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
NOMINATIONS CAPPED

Leon Kennedy x433
Slippy Toad x351
Tingle x346
Smash Run x330
Lloyd Irving x300
Concept: Monster Hunter character x295
Sakura Shinguji x288

Over 200:

Neku Sakaruba x280
Fawful x264
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x262
Parabo & Satebo x256
Kamek x247
Tails x245
Wonder Red x242
Tetra x239
Ryu Hayabusa x235
Linkle x225
Thwomp x221
Primarina x220
Scorpion x216
Labo Guy/Robot x205
Katrielle Layton x200
Ayumi Tachibana x200

199-150

Ray x188
Balloon Fighter x185
DeMille x183
Papyrus x175
Django x175
Dragonite x167
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Female Announcer x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Tsubasa Oribe x150
Louie x150

149-100

Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x135
Barbara x122
Nikki x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
2B x111
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x103
Neptune x103
Rowlet x100

99-75

Viewtful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Concept: Hanafuda character x91
Nihilego x90
Klonoa x87
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x85
Incineroar x85
Tora & Poppi x82
Fjorm x75
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Rick/Coo/Kine x69
Ninten x68
Viridi x67
Yu Narakumi x66
Concept: Style Savvy character x66
Breidablik Item x65
Zeraora (Pokémon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x60
Concept: All-Star Versus x59
Slime x58
Concept: Wars character x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50

49-26:

Rhythm Girl x40
Ken x37
Chorus Kids x35
Concept: Chun-Li as an assist trophy x35
Concept: More than five unique newcomers x30
Tapu Koko x30
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x30
Medusa x30
Edelgard x30

Under 25:

Master Chief x10
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x10
Xenoblade X Avatar/Cross x10
[Rerate] Spyro x10
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x10
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x10
Terry Bogard x7
Concept: SR388 stage x5
Alm x5
Nia x5
Stage: Poke Floats x5
Earthworm Jim x5
Adeleine x3
Daroach x3

Changes:

Ayumi Tachibana breaks 200 noms
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy breaks 75 noms
New additions: Terry Bogard (x7), Adeleine (x3), Daroach (x3)

THESE CHARACTERS ARE VOTED INTO THE SCHEDULE. VOTING FOR THEM IS OBSOLETE:

09/07: Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
10/07: Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
11/07: Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
12/07: Smash Run
13/07: Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
14/07: Concept: Monster Hunter character (Monster Hunter)
15/07: Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not in his modern design. That's the old design.

It's a technicality, but other characters show up with their past design in the game.

The one I am personally debating is Tails: he was seen in the background of Green Hill Zone as usual.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

It's a technicality, but other characters show up with their past design in the game.

The one I am personally debating is Tails: he was seen in the background of Green Hill Zone as usual.
Knuckles still shows up in the background of Green Hill Zone too despite being an Assist Trophy. They went through the trouble of taking Toon Link out of Spirit Train when you're playing as any of the Links, and they also take the King Dedede sprite out of the background of the Dreamland DLC stage for Wii U and 3DS when he's being played. So I don't think Tails being in the background of Green Hill Zone is too indicative of his chances of being playable. It seems to be something the developers are willing to work around if need be.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

ehh just when you play as tails alfanzo is in green hill zone

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Old design or not, Tingle is a stage hazard who you can interact with, not just a cameo in the background. He can't really be replaced, and I can't see Sakurai removing him altogether if someone wanted to play as Tingle.

I know we're set to get several scenarios where multiple versions of a character are seen on a stage at once (Palkia, Ridley, etc.), but I really don't think Sakurai would try to mislead us here. The only time we've ever seen a newcomer get in Smash after already having another role established beforehand is with ROB in Brawl, and he's one of the most generic, non-specific characters in Smash.

We can rate Tingle if you'd like, but I really don't see a point now.

Top Bottom