• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
King Boo

Chance: 1%
Maybe in a future game, but I think even on the chance we get another Mario character it would be Geno or even Waluigi. And he's still behind a bunch of others.

Want: 1%
Meh, I think he would be a great boss, but there are plenty of other Mario characters I'd rather see before him. Waluigi, Geno, Toad/Toadette, Birdo, even Pauline and Paper Mario. Maybe after all them are in, but that will be a long while I'd imagine, not counting all the characters from other series I want.

Noms: Terra Branford x 3
Chun-Li x 2

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This quick noms roundup courtesy of the power going out for my entire building just as I was watching a movie.

THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

Day 378: Echo: 27e
Day 379: Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy)
Day 380: 2B (Drakengard/NieR)
Day 381: Claude von Riegan (Fire Emblem)
Day 382: Lloyd Irving (Tales)
Day 383: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Day 384: Vault Boy (Fallout)

No surprises about the order of the top seven, but thanks to some unexpected nominations, Noctis managed to break his tie with 2B and tie for first place, so that's something.

Your new top seven consists of Toxtricity, Ryu Hayabusa, Ryo Hazuki, Mii Costume: Hollow Knight, X, Crypto, and The Blob.

Toxtricity x90
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
Crypto x80
The Blob (De Blob) x80

100 - 51

Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Kazuma Kiryu x75
Freddy Fazbear x75
Carmen Sandiego x72
Sackboy x70
Gex x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Decidueye x60
Reporter & Wrestler x55
[Rerate] Waluigi x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Meowth x48
Earthworm Jim x45
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Chun-Li x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x35
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x30
Urbosa x25

Under 25

Boss: Ender Dragon x21
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Giygas x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x13
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x5
Urshifu x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Today's sole newcomer is Urshifu with 5 noms.

Perkilator Perkilator Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 you might wanna edit those noms.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
King Boo

Chance 10 - Dont see this happening. A lot of competition for one more Mario character and I feel like we might be all done with reps from that series. Still though, there's a little bit in his favor. One of the main bosses from the LM series and somewhat popular. Feels better fit for an assist trophy where he mixes up people's percents

Want 50 - I like Boos and I like King Boo. Not sure what moveset he'd have or anything like that but getting him wouldnt be awful. I think I'd be more surprising than anything if I saw him get revealed.

Predict Meta Knight Echo - .1 %

Noms
Big Daddy x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ghost don't die, can I finish this post... alive?

King Boo
Chance 35%
I think that's fair. Luigi's Mansion is getting more and more spotlight and more beloved than ever. And it just sells incredibly well. And King Boo is the one who started it all and trapped Mario in a Painting. He's Luigi's true Archenemy and is a very prevalent in other spin off games. Heck he was the first new character seen in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe way back in the Switch reveal. Seriously look at his resume

For Mario Kart, he's playable in 3 console titles (Double Dash, Wii, Deluxe) he was a boss in DS, and is playable twice over in Tour, seriously he got a second form before many others.

He even got to show up briefly in the main series games, most notably as one of the new bosses added to Super Mario 64 DS. With a level dedicated to him as well, with him needing to be defeated to unlock Luigi. He also cameos in New Super Luigi U.

He also shows up in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, being his first appearance in both franchises and was one of the few characters to show up as both regular boss and as a papercraft boss.

And don't forget all his other spin off appearances, playable in both baseball games, showing up as a boss in Mario Party games that offer them.

He's no doubt a rising star, and his popularity is definitely on the rise as well, especially with success of Luigi's Mansion 3. And the lack of Luigi's Mansion 3 promotion in Smash is odd.

Want 100%
No doubt a top 5 for me, possibly top 3 now. He's got an amazing moveset potential, a truly threatening personality. And just a cool design. Also Boo's in general are awesome, I always welcome their presence.

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

Prediction echo knight 7.6%

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
King Boo
Chance: 0%
I love Boos. They are very cute. King Boo is just a big crowned Boo, so therefore he is cute. However, I can't see him being playable, especially as DLC for this game. If any new Mario characters get in at this point, it's probably Pauline. I can't see him passing her.

Want: 10%
Would be a better assist trophy imo. Swapping %s around and causing havoc like Boos normally do. I don't really like a lot of options for new playable Mario characters. As the top Nintendo franchise Mario should definitely have the most reps, but I'm feeling like the well is drying up. Maybe it's because I'm not as in to Mario as I used to be, IDK.

Noms: Echo Fighters post pass x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Boo with crown
Chance: 2%
I know King Boo is recurring and LM3 gives him a boost in relevancy but I'm not sure if that would be enough. Safe to say First-parties won't automatically dominate the DLC after the fighters pass. They gotta have some huge popularity and support behind them or come from a new world if Sakurai wants to consider them. When it comes to Mario, Waluigi, Captain Toad and Geno have the king beat in that area. We also have Luigi's Mansion as a stage, the poltergust from LM3 in Luigi's moveset and King Boo as a spirit so I don't think Sakurai sees LM3 as a "new world".

Want: Abstaining cause I have yet to play a Luigi's Mansion game.

Meta Knight echo: 1.22%
Reporter and wrestler x5

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
King Boo

Chance: 1%
Just because the plant got in doesn't mean others will. That said, the boos have an advantage over other Mario mobs: they're a core part of Luigi's Mansion. It's still highly unlikely but at the very least it's not 0%.

Want: 0%
I don't see what could be done with King Boo (which is part of why the chance score is so low), and boos are scared when facing an opponent. That wouldn't translate too well now, would it? That + going through walls are 2 of their gimmicks (with slowly chasing you) and don't translate well into Smash.

Predictions: Meta Knight echo: 0.1%
Like Sari said, the candidates that could've been MK echos are already MK skins. I don't see anyone giving a high score to that concept.

Nominations: Kiryu Kazuma x10

BowserKing

Smash Lord
King Boo

Chance: 15%. While he is a spirit, we don't know that it qualifies is disconfirmation. King Boo has a chance, as Luigi's Mansion is popular, plus Luigi has more moves from the Luigi's Mansion games. Plus, King Boo is a ghost, and we don't have one of those in the roaster. Competition would be an issue, but King Boo may have a chance in getting in.

Want: 85%. King Boo would totally be a fun addition to the roaster, as well as having fun moveset, being fun to play as, and having more Luigi's Mansion representation in smash. Plus look at the potential, we could see Mario get revenge on King Boo, Bowser challenge King Boo to a brawl, or King K.Rool have a brawl with the King of Boos as well. King Boo is not my most wanted Mario character (that title goes to Fawful), but King Boo would be fun to be in Smash.

Prediction: Meta Knight Echo: 10%

Noms: 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 1 for Chun Li

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
King Boo

Chance - 0.05% - We already got Plant as our Mario Enemy, and King Boo would probably fill a similar niche. The Browser to Luigi's Mario, King Boo enjoys some popularity, but not anywhere close to the likes of his counterparts like (Captain) Toad, Waluigi, or Geno. Combine with a lack of first party focus with DLC, and I can't see him coming in.

Want - 45% - He could be interesting, seeing what they do with his move set. However, I feel like a Toad should be in before him. While I can accept him getting in, I won't be able to get rid of the nagging feeling that Toad should have gotten in first.

Predictions

Meta Knight echo - 0.25% - Not likely at all, even with how many there are...

Nominations

De Blob X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aloy
0.46% Chance - 32.00% Want
Winner of predictions was Calamitas Calamitas with the near-exact 0.45%

Extra noms are basically the same, except Calamitas has 10 now.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
King Boo

Chance: 40% - King Boo's got a decent shot at Smash, and being a first party character with a lot of moveset potential, I can imagine both Nintendo and Sakurai giving him a try at some point. While our DLC will likely remain 3rd party focused, once Smash 6 eventually comes along I can see him as a major player.

While demand is stronger for other Mario Characters like Waluigi, Toad, Pauline, etc, King Boo has aton of games and spinoffs to pull moves from, and would be the first true fully-hovering character. He also would be a villain for Luigi to fight, and with Luigi's Mansion being a stage in-game, they wouldn't need to worry about a stage or music for him, which would save development time and make him look appealing as an option. And speaking of Luigi's Mansion, 3 was a huge hit and brought a lot of attention back to the brand. At some point I can imagine Nintendo capitalizing on that success.

Want: 60% - While King Boo is more of a safe pick, I'd be more than happy to see him in the game. He's built up a legacy of Nintendo history, would bring a lot of potential to the table, and would be another fantastic rep for the Mario series. Plus I can imagine him being buddies with Piranha Plant!

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Meta Knight Echo - 1.85%

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay Boo(mer)

Chance: 5%
King Boo certainly is a Mario character.
. . .Okay, look. Previous Mario additions, like Rosalina, Bowser Jr and Daisy had years of fan support and appearances in the series (though not quite as much with Rosalina) before they made it into Smash. And additionally, they all were mainstays in spin-off titles before that. King Boo really doesn't have much fan support beyond being brought up here and now over since the announcement of Luigi's Mansion 3. And beyond that, does even really have that much moveset potential? For specials, sure, you could throw something together. But as far as normals are concerned, the whole "fighting orb with limbs" angle is already covered perfectly well with Kirby and Jigglypuff. The only thing that really sets him apart for potential normals is his lack of feet and use of his tongue, which isn't really all that exciting.

Nah, sorry. While I've played and enjoyed every single Luigi's Mansion game, I never particularly liked King Boo as the villain of these games. That isn't too say that I disliked him, but he lacks many things that make, say, Bowser so interesting.

Predicting a Meta Knight echo to get around 0.5%.

Nomating. . . uhhh, I need something new again. Let's see. . . oh, I know.
Nominating Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x15 (since I assume what GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 was that I have 10 extra ones on top of the five daily ones?)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Meta Knight echo.

Predict Noctis Lucis Caelum from Final Fantasy.

Day will end on Sunday at 8 pm EST (24 hours).

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Here are some songs relating to some possible Meta Knight echo candidates:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Chance: Abstain.
I don't have any ideas as to who this could end up being. Meta Knight is kinda unique anyway, it might be hard to find too many options that wouldn't feel strange.

Kirby's got enough reps. I really don't care to see anymore for a while.

Noms: Echo fighters post pass x5

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
*Spanish guitar echoes in the background*

The two most logical candidates have been axed into costumes. Maybe in the next game, assuming Echoes will still be a thing.

Neither are exactly my first choice for a Kirby rep. I’m more inclined to root for Bandana Dee or Adeleine and Ribbon.

Not Yozora: 0%

Noms: Ring Fit Adventurer x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Waste of an RTC day
Want: Abstain

Sakurai specifically stated that there would be no more echo characters added when the fighters pass was revealed. Besides, both possible echoes are referenced through Meta Knight's alt colors anyway.

"Since we already included every fighter from the past games, that means there are no more fighters to include, unless we develop new fighters from scratch. And we're not talking about echo fighters."
-Masahiro Sakurai

Noctis: 6.45%

Toxtricity x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Meta Knight echo

Chance: 0.01%
The way I see it, there are three candidates for a Meta Knight echo: Galacta Knight, Dark Meta Knight, and Morpho Knight. As fate would have it, the first two are already alternate costumes for Meta Knight in Ultimate. The Ultimate costumes aren't just simple recolors either; they both have notable changes to the default mask like the Galacta Knight one having a slit in the middle and the Dark Meta Knight one having a scar on the left side. With lots of other possible echo candidates out there, I don't see Sakurai going out of his way to create one that is already represented through a costume as accurately as Galacta Knight's and Dark Meta Knight's are. Of course there is still Morpho Knight but I just can't see him being an echo before the other two since they are much more popular; it'd be like Dan making it in as a Ryu echo before Ken or Akuma.

Oh and this is if we are even going to be getting any echos for DLC at all.

I don't even use Meta Knight so him getting an echo would mean nothing to me. There are a lot of other echos I'd want to see, and when it comes to just Kirby echos I'd probably prefer an echo of Dedede since he's the Kirby character I like the most.

Noctis chance prediction: 9.88%

Nominations:
Chun-Li x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
meta knight echo

Abstaining as I don't know enough about the Kirby series to know who could be an echo for Meta Knight.

Predictions: Noctis - 5%

Noms: Crypto x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sadly np.
Chznce:0%: The only echo I can see happening as DOC is Shadow, and even then he would be more likely as a unique. Also Sakurai is never giving us another Kirby rep... tho dark MetA knight was technically his creation, so there is that...
want:100%: Dark MK would represent my favorite Kirby game, and we could get some kickass music from all three. Also, more Kirby representation is never a bad thing.
nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Meta Knight echo

Chance 0 - Way too many reasons this won't happen. First, all the good picks are alt costumes already, so if we were getting a MK echo or if they at least considered it I think they would have removed one of them. 2nd, we don't know if we're getting any more echos at all and if we do there's a whole host of characters that feel more likely to get in first. And 3rd, I don't think we're getting any more Kirby reps but if we did then Bandanna Dee is the front runner for that spot by a couple miles.

Want 0 - I'm still trying to figure out if I want more echo fighters or not. If decide that I do I don't think any of the possible MK echos are characters that I have any interest in seeing. I think I'm good on Kirby characters with the 3 we have too

Predict NLC - 4%

Noms
Big Daddy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What a Knightmare!

Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are already alt costumes. I think Echoes are possible, or even likely, but not one that looks identical to an alt or palette swap. The newer Morpho Knight (which, by the way, is a version of Galacta Knight) is available, but I don't see any demand for him and I don't think he'd get over the former two. There are many better options for Echoes for other franchises so I don't see them wasting time with this, especially with how much demand there is for a unique Kirby newcomer.

Want: 1%
I mean, I guess I couldn't be too mad, but there's so many Echoes I'd love to see that it would hurt to see Meta Knight get one just for ****s and giggles.

Noms: Kiryu x5
Noctis prediction: XV%

Sakurai specifically stated that there would be no more echo characters added when the fighters pass was revealed.
That was referring to the Fighter Pass specifically though. He said no Echoes for the Fighter Pass. Outside of it Echoes are fair game.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Meta Clone

Chance: 0%. It's extremely unlikely that Morpho Knight doesn't just end up a Spirit Battle in the future. Dark and Galacta are already represented as Meta's alts, and considering the precedent set by Dark Samus this is not a good thing for them. Overall I'm pretty sure there's gonna be more echoes, but Meta Knight will not be getting a clone.

Want: 20%. Right now an MK echo would be living proof of post-pass echoes, and that's great. But I don't know if we're gonna get more Kens and Chroms, which are good because they provide unique takes on old favorites, or Daisies and Richters, which you might as well make an alternative costume. If 27e is a Ken, yay, but if 27e is a Daisy, nay.

I was gonna rate a concept, but it's been over 100 RTC days since the last time we rated Paper Mario, and I think over a year. The guy deserves some discussion. Rerate Paper Mario x 10, or if it's been long enough that it doesn't count as a rerate, just consider him totally new. Noctis is a second series unique which we've yet to get, so while Richter opened the door a bit I wouldn't say it's become fully open. 3.20%.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Toxtricity x95
Kazuma Kiryu x90
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Crypto x85
The Blob (De Blob) x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
Freddy Fazbear x80
Carmen Sandiego x80

100 - 51

Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Gex x75
Sackboy x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Decidueye x60
Reporter & Wrestler x60
[Rerate] Waluigi x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Meowth x50
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x49
Chun-Li x48
Earthworm Jim x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x35
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x35
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30
Urbosa x25

Under 25

Boss: Ender Dragon x21
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Giygas x20
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x20
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Ring Fit Adventurer x15
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x13
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x10
Terra Branford x8
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Urshifu x5
Big Daddy (BioShock) x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Crypto and The Blob pass X, Hollow Knight Mii Costume and Ryo Hazuki, and tie with Ryu Hayabusa for second place. But then Kazuma Kiryu breaks into the top seven and takes out everyone but the top dog, stealing second place. Freddy Fazbear and Carmen Sandiego also sneak into the top seven, tying with the aforementioned X, Ryo, and Knight for sixth place.

Today's newcomers are Ring Fit Adventurer - with 15 noms - and Big Daddy - with 5 noms.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I think it would be best to wait and see if DLC Echoes get confirmed first. Although Morpho Knight getting in would be a nice reference, for those who know his origins.

Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Echo Knight

Chance 0%
Want 20%

I'm not sure Galacta Knight or Morpho would actually work. They both lack his cape and even wings are possibly too different, especially Morpho. Dark Meta Knight would be utterly pointless because of the recolour is already there. Also I don't think we're getting Echo fighters as DLC

But I wouldn't be opposed

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5 (anyone wanna spare a nom to break the tie?)

Prediction Noctis 4.3%

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Meta Knight echo

Never gonna happen. Not only is this assuming we're getting echoes as DLC, it's also assuming there is a likelier candidate for an MK echo fighter besides Dark Knight and Galacta Knight, and both are alt skins for Meta Knight.

Want: 5%
I prefer unique fighters instead of clones. I mean sure I'd be cool with a Galacta Knight echo, but there are other echo fighters I'd prefer more.

Prediction: Noctis 2.6%
Nomination: Waluigi x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Meta Knight Echo

Chance: Depends on who you want as a Meta Knight Echo. For Galactica Knight, 5%. He is already a spirit, but he unfortunately cannot be fought. However, Galactica Knight would not be the likely echo choice. For Dark Meta Knight, 10%. Dark Meta Knight on the other hand does not have a spirit, but a costume for Meta Knight, which itself was one of the best costumes. Plus Dark Meta Knight has some different moves that would be cool.

Want: Galactica Knight would get 75%. I'd prefer it if he is a semi clone, like Isabelle. Galactica Knight has his shield and electric attacks that could make him his own character, but he would be fun to play as. Dark Meta Knight would get 100%. He would be fun to play as, plus he would have some different moves, like an illusion counter and mega sword (the latter coming from Kirby: Star Allies) Plus we get more Kirby soundtracks and a stage, so Kirby gets more representation. I totally support Dark Meta Knight getting in.

Prediction: Noctis: 3%

Noms: 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon and 2 for Decidueye

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
BORB echo
Chance: 0.05%
Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight are already alts. Even if that isn't a hard deconfirm it still feels like a bone Sakurai threw at Kirby fans just as substitute for not making them playable. If echoes are on the table after the pass then theoretically Morpho still is possible but Sakurai's reluctance to give Kirby games not directed by him any kind of major representation throws a wrench in that. We'll be lucky to even get Bandana Dee at this point. Morpho Knight is also a previously scrapped character from the cancelled Gamecube game that HAL probably only included in Star Allies as a neat fan suprise. I doubt Sakurai gives a damn about that however.

Want: 80%
Most kinds of non-Sakurai Kirby representation is good representation to me. I still want Bandana and Magolor more but having Galacta or Morpho in there would be very cool and a sign of progression for Kirby representation as well as the echo-amount. Besides that, regular Meta Knight in this game doesn't fit my vibe and I'd like a supplementary knight for me to possibly have more fun..

Noctis: 2.05%
The Blob x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I don't normally do nicknames for this, but the opportunity is too much...

Parallel Dark Aeon Galactic Mecha Morpho Knight+'s Return Revenge Light 2.0 EX Dark

Chance - 0% - Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight are the most likely candidates, and they are alternate colors. They even have extra detail to resemble their original counterparts, to the point where confusion may occur if they were to put the original in. Typically they try to make pallets more different to prevent confusion, so I think those are locked out. Anyone else is too new or not important enough for me to consider.

Want - 40% - Listen, I want more modern Kirby representation, but I don't care about echoes. I really want Bandanna Dee, to the point where getting a Meta Knight echo feels slightly insulting without him. I'd take it if it was free, I guess, but I would not buy it. Besides, a Dark Meta Knight that isn't a clone is a guilty want of mine, as I had too much fun playing as him in Star Allies. I wouldn't want him reduced to an echo.

Noctis - 0.16% - Here we go again...

Nominations

De blob X5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Borb 2: The Echoing

Like others have already said, the most likely candidates for possible Meta Knight echoes are all already covered as costumes. Additionally, there has yet to be a precedent for echo fighter DLC, which, as of right now, is seeming not too terribly likely to happen. And of course, there's the question of whether Sakurai would really opt for an Echo Fighter of Meta Knight.

Want: Abstain
I'm not really familiar with any of the suggested Meta Knight echoes, so I won't rate my want.

Nominating Concept: Any Octopath Traveler rep x5.

Predicting Noctis to get around 2.33%.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Noctis from Final Fantasy XV.

Predict 2B from NieR: Automata.

Day will end on Tuesday at 12 pm EST (noon).

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Noctis mood:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not the inspiration for Yozora at all! Really!

A.) We already have :ultcloud:, and B.) Noct’s off in Tekken 7. Furthermore, Dissidia exists for multiple FF characters facing each other in a fighting game.

Want: 20%
I‘m content with :ultcloud:, but I’d be okay with Noct as well, were it possible. Even though I’ve never played FFXV, Noct seems like he’d be a fu character to play as.

2B: 20%

Noms: Ring Fit Adventurer x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We already have :ultcloud:, and B.) Noct’s off in Tekken 7. Furthermore, Dissidia exists for multiple FF characters facing each other in a fighting game.
I don't think Noctis is likely but these are terrible arguments. We can totally get more than one character per franchise, and Terry proves that characters can be in Smash even if they've been in another crossover.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Noctis

Noctis is the most recent Final Fantasy protagonist, so he does have relevancy on his side. Other than that, not much else going for hm. So far, every third party series has had only one unique character and that fact has remained true for a long time, so I don't see that being broken anytime soon. It's a fan rule, so Sakurai could destroy it at anytime, but it's certainly persistent. In terms of a Square Enix rep, he is competing against Sora, Geno, and Lara Croft. Not very good odds. Even with those three out of the way, if Sakurai really wanted another Final Fantasy character, he might choose someone else like Sephiroth or other FF protagonists with popularity and legacy such as the protagonists from 3 (6) or 8. Noctis does seem to have a decent fanbase, but I'm not sure if it's enough in this case.

Another thing, I'm skeptical if any other Final Fantasy content is even going to be featured at all. We have the infamous 2 songs situation and the fact that no other FF7 character, even the major ones, did not get any spirits is quite telling. It's possible Sakurai could negotiate for further FF content as DLC, but I can't knock off this feeling that Sakurai won't even bother and just focus on new franchises that will be able to have more content. The situation just feels......pathetic. The fact that Final Fantasy has the same amount of songs as Mr. Game & Watch is laughable when Final Fantasy has a whole slew of amazing tracks. I'm just ranting at this point so I'll stop.

Want: 60%

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy XV and more Final Fantasy music would be stellar (nudges Square Enix). Noctis does have several different weapons that are cool and would distinguish him from all the other "generic anime sword users" (I'm so tired of hearing this complaint). I would like to see Geno and Sora get added first though.

Predictions: 2B - 25% (Why do people think this character is likely?)

Noms: Crypto x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Noctis
Chance 0%
I just don't see a third party franchise getting a second unique character. And if we did it, I highly doubt it would be Final Fantasy, get Cloud (and Hero) already seemed hard enough.
Want 0%
Never played, don't really want to. And I think I'd rather an older character or villain

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

Prediction 2B 4%

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Noctis
We just got Hero. I have a hard time believing we'll get another Square rep soon. We also have no idea how long the post pass DLC will run for, so that makes it a bit hard to judge if we will even get a second Square rep as DLC.

Want: 12%
I wouldn't be pissed if he got in, but I would like to see other Square Enix franchises get a look before another Final Fantasy rep makes it in. I'd rather see Lara, Geno, and Sora come and listen to their 2 tracks before another Final Fantasy rep gets added.

Predictions: 2B 50%

Noms: Echo Fighters post pass x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Noctis

Chance 0 - Yep, going with another 0 here. So much competition here hurts him by quite a lot. We have the regular lot of Geno, Lara, Sora, and 2B for a SE rep in general he's gotta get around, plus a more likely character in Sephiroth from his own series. Not really requested either and I think that at best we have 1 more spot left for Square. Not looking great here

Want 0 - I'd rather have all the names I listed above from SE first. And if we're getting another Final Fantasy character I'd much rather get Sephiroth.

Predict 2B - 20%

Noms
Big Daddy x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain on Noctis since I know little about him. But in terms of DLC I doubt Square is gonna double dip in the Fighter's Pass. And if they do add another character then Noctis has so extremely difficult competition. Even within his own franchise. Also Final Fantasy 15 isn't on Switch. Yes, Cloud had the same circumstance with 7 and got in but Cloud is far more iconic.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
2B - 24.19%

Top Bottom