• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance: 10%. We already have 2 Square Enix reps, but another one would not hurt, but chances are, Geno is the one many would choose. Of course there is other issues, with Disney being involved, but then again, it does own some of are favourite shows and franchises, so it might be that bad. And the competition is another issues, but who knows.

Want: 60%. Not my most wanted Square Enix rep, but Sora would be fun to play as. And if we cant get Disney characters, we can use Pikachu and Duck Hunt as some substitutions. We could get some music and spirits, not just for Kingdom Hearts, but Final Fantasy as well, as we need more representation. Overall, Sora would be a fun addition to the game.

Prediction: Aloy: 5%

Noms: 1 for Rival Pokémon Trainer and 4 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm not touching this with, not even with a 39½ foot pole. Sora discussion never ends well for me. So I'll abstain on Chance and Want

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm kinda busy, so in the end I'll have to not talk as much as I want to for my most wanted, but I didn't want to miss the day, so...

Sora
Chance: 80%
"Wow, isn't that too much?" - I hear everyone think. Here's the thing: I honestly think the trifecta of Sora, Dante and Travis will eventually make it in unless there's some kind of fallout between Nintendo/Sakurai and their creators - the question is whether their time is in Ultimate or not. This isn't about Dante or Travis, though, so let's focus on Sora.

Sora has everything in his favor, at first glance. Popular both in and out of the core Smash fanbase, relevant, from an extremely successful IP, has a good connection with Nintendo consoles dating all the way back to the GBA and has moveset potential to spare.

Really, there's only two obstacles in Sora's way - if you can even call them that. Disney being on board sounds complicated, but really, I fail to see why they wouldn't be. Sure, there have been cases of overprotectiveness from them, but come on, this is the biggest video game crossover of all time. It's basically a huge moneymaker and advertisement for them. Being against it is dumb from a business standpoint alone.

Second is the necessity to remove Disney characters and references from the content KH would have in Smash. But really, KH can survive on its own because it's still mostly about its own cast of characters. Donald and Goofy aren't really necessary in Sora's moveset and the Hidden Mickey in his Keyblade can be changed to something else, no big deal.

So in the end it's a question of: is Sakurai up for it? I don't see why he wouldn't, but since there's no way for me to clearly answer this, I'll leave it at an 80% total.

Want: 100%
My second most wanted coming into Ultimate, now my numero uno with Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion. Sora is the last of my original top 5 most wanted third parties list I made after Snake's reveal back in Brawl that is still not in Smash, so it would make me infinitely happy.

Predictions
Aloy: 1.3%

Nominations
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x 10 (using my extra noms. I think it's been enough time since his last rating? If not, tell me and I'll change it)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely on Sora since I'm not too familiar with him as a character or all the legal stuff surrounding his chances. When it comes to SE characters though there are a lot of candidates that I'd want to see before him though like 2B and Lara so I'll spare Sora my low want rating. KH is just one of those series I could never get into.

I will however throw in my super spicy hot take: if Sora got into Smash then I'd love to see some Disney content as long as it's just things like background characters and songs from their older games (nothing crazy like Frozen or Star Wars though). I'm generally against non-video game content in Smash but considering how big of a presence Disney has in KH as well the company having some amazing games during the NES + SNES era, I'd be fine with this one exception. The Genesis version of Aladdin (well to be more specific the GBC port of it) was one of my favorite games as a kid so I'd fine if some of the songs were available to hear while fighting. Disney content being on the table would also be the only way we could possibly hear one of the most memorable songs from the 8-bit era in Smash (yes I know Ducktales isn't a world in KH but it's still Disney related).

Aloy chance prediction: 0.28% (being a Sony character alone pretty much kills her chances)

Nominations:
2B x5

Would anyone like to spare 2B a nom or two? At this rate we're going to have a three way tie.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance - 35% - Sora's chances are about as good as they can be, with so few other stand out characters remaining. Still, there are a lot of variables at play here, which are not guaranteed at all. While we know that both major players are willing, the companies behind them are known to be somewhat fussy and are may be cases where one hand isn't talking with the other. Despite that, given how requested he is, Sora is requested enough that all that red tape might be worth it in Sakurai's eyes.

Want - 45% - I mostly don't care about RPGs, Kingdom Hearts included. There is some mild dislike in case we actually get some Disney content in here, as I would rather keep Smash video games pure. Otherwise, I don't have any feelings about him, and would have given him 50%.

Nominations

De Blob X5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Heart Hotel

Chance: 25%
As far as I'm concerned these days, there isn't a single media company on the planet that would turn down a Smash invitation, Disney included. So instead of talking about negotiation difficulties, let's bring up a different question that doesn't get asked enough: where does Kingdom Hearts stand in the grand scheme of video games?

People didn't come to Kingdom Hearts because of revolutionary gameplay or genre conventions, but because Disney properties in an action RPG was a spectacle not to be missed. That novelty then gave way to actual emotional investment, as legions of fans glued themselves onto the anime-esque plot, which usually resolved mostly after a player had gone through all the worlds the game had to offer. Kingdom Hearts' main draw has always been setting first and gameplay second, not too different from the equivalent of a mainstream popcorn flick.

And that usually wouldn't matter, if Smash's criteria were as black-and-white and as simply picking the most popular/profitable franchises to represent. Sora certainly has the support to reach Nintendo's ears, but Sakurai loves prioritizing those he deems relevant to the game industry over the popular vote, and Nintendo has been happy to agree with him over the course of the Fighters Pass. While I certainly don't see KH's lack of accolades as a strong deconfirmation, I do think that the franchise is significantly more challenged in proving itself a worthy game than in hoping that Disney will let it out to play.'

Want: 40%
Sora would probably have a fun, high-flying moveset, although I doubt he'd see a complex spell list without some Hero mechanic mixed in. While he's definitely not the most three-dimensional of characters, his inclusion alone would still make plenty of people very happy.

Nominations:
de Blob x5

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sora

Chance: 75%
He has a much higher chance now than at anytime in the past, and I think people take the Disney thing too seriously. At the end of the day he's a video game character, and one of the most popular requests at that.

Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and with Persona, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy in, it would be one of the last major JRPG franchises to join. Of course I want him in, he's one of my biggest 3rd Party requests at this point. May your heart be your guiding key!

Noms:
Chun-Li x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Sky

Chance: 35%
He certainly has a better shot than some other third-parties, but I honestly wouldn't call him guaranteed by any means. We already got Hero via DLC, and while Disney may not be an issue licensing-wise, they are nonetheless in a tricky spot with Disney content making it into Smash. At any rate, we just got Hero in the pass, so I'm not too certain on the chances of another Squeenix character anytime soon.

Want: 50%

Eh, I could live with him. I've never played a single KH game, but I'd definitely give the series a chance if it the compilation games came to Switch.

Predicting Aloy to get around 0.45%.

Nominating [Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Sora
Chances: 50%
At this point, anybody who believes that Disney is (in any way, shape, or form) going to be a road block for Sora's inclusion is just kidding themselves. Both Disney and (for good measure) SE are both on good terms with Nintendo, and we even have some Disney exclusive games on the Switch. We also know for a fact that Disney and Nintendo partnered up for a t.v series featuring the Switch, gave away a bunch of Switches to a Russian audience viewing Frozen 2, and even gave the okay for his inclusion (although, that was just the VP of the Japanese branch talking, but yeah). Nintendo and Disney aren't strangers here. However, all of this literally means nothing if Nintendo isn't interested, and we simply don't know if they are or not. In any case, I'd rank him the same way I'd rank any other fighter at this point. His odds are 50-50 considering the 2nd wave of fighters.

He's my most wanted character.

Sakurai loves prioritizing those he deems relevant to the game industry over the popular vote, and Nintendo has been happy to agree with him over the course of the Fighters Pass.
I totally agree with the majority of what you said, but this is just flat out wrong. Banjo & Kazooie being the prominent example here. If whay you said were truly the case, then we'd be seeing Minecraft Steve being chosen over B&K. Heck, even beyond that, I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of more relevant choices from the Tekken franchise than Terry Bogard too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Predict King Boo from the Mario series.

Day will end on Friday at 8 pm EST (24 hours).

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Horizon Zero Dawn mood:

Also early rating:

----------

Aloy

Chance: 0.01%
A Sony character that isn't Kratos or Nathan Drake. I don't see Nintendo making a deal with Sony only for them to choose someone that isn't one of the more popular aforementioned characters. And with Sony being Sony I doubt we'll be getting a character from them anytime soon.

Want: Abstain
Haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn so I won't comment. Nathan Drake is my go-to Sony character for Smash though.

King Boo chance prediction: 0.89%

Nominations:
2B x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Aloy

Chance: 0.01%

If there is going to be a Sony character, it's going to be Nathan Drake, Kratos, or Ratchet and Clank. Horizon Zero Dawn was a very successful PS4 game, but it doesn't have the legacy that other Sony characters have. And once again, Sony is thick-headed when it comes to working with their competitors.

One of the many games that is in my backlog that I haven't played.

Predictions: King Boo - 15%

Noms: Crypto x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Aloy

Chance 0 - Nope. Sony reps aren't going to get very high chance scores. Sony has a whole host of more iconic characters they could ask for and characters I'd expect them to ask for before they go to Aloy. If we ever get a Sony rep(no, Crash does not count as a Sony rep anymore) It's Nathan Drake or Kratos first with maaaaaaaaybe a Last of Us character behind them. Aloy would be a pretty good and obvious pick for another PSASBR game though.

Want 60 - Am playing Horizon Zero Dawn as I type this. It's pretty fun. Have a hard time going any higher since Nathan Drake is my most wanted and Kratos is up there too but it's worth spending some time on.

Predict King Boo - 12 percent

Noms
Vault Boy x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Aloy
Chance: 0%

It's Sony. There's no talking to Sony. This is the company that made a Smash ripoff to compete against Nintendo after all, because Sony is still stuck in the days of the 90's console wars. And there's many more characters that are more iconic and would come before Aloy, such as Kratos, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, and Sackboy. This is why I'm glad Crash is now owned by Activision...

King Boo: 7.43% (Post pass tho)

Toxtricity x10

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain on Aloy, since I know little about the series. The aesthetic feel of the series is cool but that's all I can say (though it was nominated for GOTY so there's definitely a lot I'm missing out on). Though as with all Sony characters, she'd be difficult to negotiate for and faces extremely difficult competition. Furthermore, with the lack of any Nintendo representation, I can't see Nintendo finding the character very beneficial to promote, and from what I remember Sakurai's never discussed it either.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
King Boo - 4.13%

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to abstain on all scores. I don't know anything at all about Aloy.

Predictions: King Boo 5%
Noms: Echo Fighters post pass x5

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Aloy, Hunter of Freaking Robot Dinosaurs

Chance: 1%- Pretty much no videogame character has a 0% chance, as seeen by the Plant shown round the world. But Sony owned characters like Aloy, Ratchet, Sackbboy, Kratos, Kat etc.-until something changes in history-are probably the closest to that. I'm honestly thinking the only reason Aloy has noms at all here is because of when Sakurai stated that Horizon: Zero Dawn was his favorite game of 2017, so they may think it's a Joker situation...but it ain't that simple.

Want: Abstain-pretty much where I'm gonna be with all Sony owned IPs for now. It's not really the same ballpark of a scenario compared to how Nintendo works with Microsoft, who have been on good terms even going as far back as 2005. Not to mention that the Microsoft and NoA buildings are literally parking lots away from each other in Redmond so communication with the two is much smoother. Sony on the other hand is the more aggressive rival, maybe not as extreme as 90s Sega but just as determined for comeuppance. I just don't see Smash interacting with PlayStation brands without some major internal overhauls on both companies' parts.

Nominations: Urshifu x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aloy

I honestly think if played correctly, Aloy could become one of Sony's biggest icons and Horizon could be one of their evergreen franchises, but it's not there yet. Despite the (deserved) acclaim, I don't think Horizon and Aloy can override Kratos and Drake - though if Joker and 2B can be strong candidates for companies with equally large rosters, then I dunno.

Want: 87%
Horizon's an amazing game. I remember 2017, when I spent nearly the entire year playing Horizon, Breath of the Wild, NieR Automata, the DLC for BotW and the DLC for Horizon. 'Twas a good year. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, but Aloy herself is a big part of why I like Horizon. Such a cool character. I'd much prefer Nate to be the one, but I'd be happy with Aloy.

I'm honestly thinking the only reason Aloy has noms at all here is because of when Sakurai stated that Horizon: Zero Dawn was his favorite game of 2017
Actually one day a long time ago people could give 100 noms to any character without any, and I gave them to Aloy because I thought she was cool. I never nommed her again though.

Noms: Noctis x5
King Boo prediction: 3.5%

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
There was Zero Dawn in today's Pokémon Direct.

Chance: 0%. Sony rep, nuff said. Sakurai might be a talented negotiator, but he's not a miracle worker. But for the sake of argument, let's say Sony, for some reason, decides to get diplomatic with Nintendo! Then she graduates to a... get this... 2%. She has to go up against mother****ing Kratos. That's a fight that nobody could win, at least Smash wise. Debatably canon-wise too. Even if Kratos is banned for some ungodly reason, there's still Ratchet & Clank, Nathan Drake, Joel or Ellie, and even more characters for Aloy to fight. Fortunately her game got good accolades last I checked, so I think she might barely make it in as either a Mii Costume or Spirit.

Want: 15%. I play a good few Sony games but Horizon: Zero Dawn has yet to be one of them. I've heard it compared to BotW, which I liked, so maybe it can serve as a counterpart. However I'm pulling for Sly first and foremost if we get a Sony character, unlikely as it is and her actually beating him in chance, so you know. Plus I'm not familiar with what she can do, but the same could have been said for Joker and Terry at the time of reveal, so I won't hold that against her.

Lloyd x 5. King Boo got a huge boost in relevance and potential moveset ideas, so I think a 15.29% would be acceptable.

QQ: When's the last day for noms in the current top 7 to matter?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Today is the last day you can affect the top seven, so make sure you give your noms. Also, in a few minutes I'll be doing calcs, sorry I let it go undone for so long but it's been a surprisingly busy week.

Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x120
Noctis Lucis Caelum x117
[Rerate] 2B x117
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x116
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x110
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x95
Vault Boy x95

100 - 51

[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
Toxtricity x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Kazuma Kiryu x75
Crypto x75
Sackboy x70
Freddy Fazbear x70
The Blob (De Blob) x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Gex x65
Carmen Sandiego x62
Decidueye x60
Reporter & Wrestler x55
[Rerate] Waluigi x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Meowth x46
Earthworm Jim x45
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Chun-Li x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x35
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30
Urbosa x25
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x25

Under 25

Boss: Ender Dragon x21
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Giygas x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x10
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x8
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Noctis Lucis Caelum and 2B beat Claude von Riegan, and remain tied for second place.

Urbosa and Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass cut their way out of the under 25 club.

Your new nominee for the day is a rerate of Travis Touchdown, with 10 noms.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I've never played Horizon: Zero Dawn. Although it is Sony, and I'm honestly not a big fan of them, if you can believe it. Mind you, it's not so much the things they make as it is the company itself.

Nominations: Noctis Lucis Caelum x3, Echo: Dark Bowser x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rereading this past week's posts has been a trip. As one of the staunchest defenders of first parties in Smash, I can't believe that I gave the lowest chance score for a first-party and the highest for a third-party. I'm also humbled by how many people read my big-ass Atari post, it's great that I managed to keep your attention focused on such a long and complicated topic and I hope some of you learned something.

Shadow the Hedgehog
6.90% Chance - 59.23% Want
Last time we rated him he got 13.05% Chance and 50.55% Want. That was during a special day in which we rated Assist Trophies under the assumption that they were fair game, so that explains the drop in Chance.
Winner of predictions was Ninjaed Ninjaed with a precise 8.00%

Monokuma
10.31% Chance - 46.92% Want
Last time we rated him he got 15.62% Chance and 50.77% Want. I don't know what changed since then, I mean E3, Hero, Banjo and Terry happened, but I don't see how any of this changed Monokuma's chances or your want for him, as there hasn't been any news for Danganronpa.
Winner of predictions was GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with 9.60%

Akira Howard
51.47% Chance - 65.79% Want
Winner of predictions was NintenRob NintenRob with a precise 43.00%
Akira Howard is now the character with the highest chance score, beating Crash Bandicoot's 49.21%!

Kunio
10.64% Chance - 63.29% Want
Winner of predictions was GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with a precise 11.00%
That's an incredibly high want score, but I feel that I should mention that only 7 people gave a want score and only 11 rated him at all, so there's a heavy bias there (all but one want score is over 50, so it's safe to say that it's the fans who rated him there).

Atari rep
1.92% Chance - 35.86% Want
Winner of predictions was GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with 2.34%
Atari rep has the dubious honor of being the least likely concept ever (unless you count Boss: Kracko as a concept and not as a Boss), beating out Style Savvy rep's 3.13%

Sora
39.40% Chance - 63.67% Want
First time we rated him he got 15.87% Chance and 38.64% Want. That was back in the days of barely-post-release-slash-pre-release-but-post-leak, and Final Fantasy's lackluster content (2 spirits, 2 songs, not appearing on any cutscenes) made everyone see Square Enix as licensing hell, plus Disney was seen as much tougher to deal with back then, so that would account for that chance score. As for want, The Story So Far was barely out and III was months away so I wouldn't be surprised if many new fans were created since then. Last time we rated him he got 7.32% Chance and 47.47% Want. That was right after E3 and Hero but before the announcement of more DLC, so obviously his chances appeared dead in the water. I can't explain the increase in want from then, so I assume his fans really came out of the woodworks today.
Winner of predictions was RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 with 37.65%

List of people with extra noms

Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 57
Delzethin Delzethin 5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 33
NintenRob NintenRob 5
Ninjaed Ninjaed 5
Perkilator Perkilator 15
RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Sid-cada Sid-cada 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Aloy
Double 0
What can I say that hasn't already been said? She's a Sony character, and she's not Kratos. And honestly I don't see people talk about this game much anymore. And I really don't want more Characters with minimal Nintendo prevalence

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x10

Prediction 16% for King Boo

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
MULTI MAN BRAWL
Double zeroes
Even in a post-Joker world I'm very confident that Sony exclusive characters will never get into Smash, especially not if they're not named Kratos and also western. Even if negotiations somehow happened I don't know why HZD would be represented unless Sakurai secretly had a huge bias for it. Naturally, I don't think she'd belong just like all other Sony reps. Don't have much interest in HZD either.

King Boo: 2.66%
Meta Knight echo x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Oh if I have extra nominations, I'm going to do Lloyd x 10 then. Will edit my post to reflect this.

Edit to this post: never mind, I decided it wouldn't be worth it. Lloyd being on the top 7 is good enough, and he still won't be able to beat Claude even with that so I can't push him up higher.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
A Very Cruel Brawl

We all know this won't happen. As RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 said, Sony made a watered-down Smash rip-off to compete against Nintendo.

Don't really care for Horizon Zero Dawn anyway, much less Aloy. And this is coming from someone who adores Playstation games as much as NNintendo games.

King Boo: 50%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Aloy

Chance: 5%. Being owned by Sony hurts it's chances a bit, but we seen stranger characters get in before, so it could be a possibility. However, the competition is the biggest concern, and chances are, Aloy would not get in. Aloy also faces competition against other Sony reps, so this is quite difficult for Aloy to get in this game.

Want; 50% I don't really know too much about Aloy, but that character could be fun to play as, but that is my opinion. This is quite difficult to talk about characters I barely know about, so I will leave it at that.

Prediction: King Boo: 10%

Noms: 3 for Echo: Dark Bowser (14E) and 2 for Meowth

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Aloy

Chance - 0% - A Sony elusive is hard enough of a sell. Add that on top of not being as much of a mascot as Nathan Drake or Kratos and I view her as an impossibility. The only reason she has a leg up from anyone else is that her game was Sakurai's favorite for this year, which I think doesn't amount to much.

Want - 30% - Don't have a Playstation. I don't have any feelings about her. There are many characters that I would prefer over her, enough to take down her score.

Nominations

De Blob X10

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Aloy
Chance: 0.0000001%. Sony characters are basically not happening.

Want: 100%. Freaking LOVED Horizon Zero Dawn and Aloy would have an excellent moveset.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
From Not Breath of the Wild

Well, others have already put it best: She's a pretty much a Sony exclusive character. And sure, there have been many firsts with characters, or even third-party characters over the years. . . but something of this magnitude just isn't happening anytime soon. Not with how Sony, well, is.

Want: Abstain.
Haven't played the game, so I have no rating for this.

Predicting King Boo to get around 0.35%.

Nominating [Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate King Boo from the Mario series.

Predict Meta Knight echo.

Day will end on Saturday at 8 pm EST (24 hours).

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the King Boo mood:

Once again an early rating:

----------

King Boo

Chance: 1%
He's got Luigi's Mansion 3 to provide him a relevance boost I'll give him that. But when it comes to Mario characters as well as recent promotional picks, the competition is immense. Even when looking at just Luigi's Mansion, King Boo would have to compete with Gooigi who would be much easier to create since he could work as a Luigi echo.

Want: 0%
I'm still waiting for other Mario characters like Waluigi and Toad to get in. Never really cared about the Boo line of Mario enemies anyway.

Meta Knight echo chance prediction: 0.75% (the two main echo candidates for him are already alternate color palettes)

Nominations:
Chun-Li x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
King Boo’s Sourpuss Bread
Chance: 50%

Eh, he is a recurring character in Mario. I’m sure Sakurai might at least sort of consider the Luigi’s Mansion version.

Want: 0%
I personally think he’s better as a boss. And even then, the haunted mansion archetype boss is already taken by Dracula anyways.

Meta Knight Echo: 0%

Noms: Ring Fit Adventurer x15

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
A ghost that can ride a kart.

Chance: 15%

I think King Boo has a fair shot. He's got relevancy thanks to Luigi's Mansion 3 and is one of the biggest Mario characters left. The variety of games he's in gives him adequate moveset potential as well. The biggest concern is competition: Waluigi, Toad, Gooigi, and maybe a couple others I'm not thinking of at the moment. Waluigi in particular might just get in first due to his sheer fan demand. And who knows how many more Mario characters Sakurai is willing to put in. Stage potential isn't a problem as the hotel from Luigi's Mansion 3 is different enough for it to not feel too similar to the Luigi's Mansion stage that is already in the game.

Edit: I consider Geno to be more of a Square Enix character since Nintendo would have to approach them to get him in, so Geno doesn't affect my score, in case if anyone was wondering.

Want: 60%

I think I would prefer Waluigi more, but I do like King Boo and the Boo enemies in general. King Boo is also one of my most played Mario Kart characters. Overall, he's probably my second most wanted Mario rep if I had to choose. Plus, I am a sucker for dark, atmospheric stages like Luigi's Mansion and Dracula's Castle, which King Boo would probably bring with him in the form of the aforementioned hotel.

Predictions: Meta Knight echo - 0.58%

Noms: Crypto x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Hail to the King, to the King of the Boos! Hail to the King, to the King of the Boos! Hail to the King of the Boos Mansion!
Chance:5%: He is pretty popular, and Luigi's Mansion is a beloved franchise. But he isn't popular thought to beat Waluigi or Geno, and 5 Mario newcomers is a bit much...
WAnt: 100%: Luigi's Mansion is one of my favorite games ever, nd King Boo is a great villain. And I have seen great moveset for him. and a new villain is always awesome.
The title was a reference to the chorus of the Juno Songs cover of Gangplank Galleon.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Gullible soup brewer

Chance: I think King Boo has a solid case. 30%. Luigi’s Mansion 3 earned quite a lot of acclaim and attention from a lot of people, and the moveset you could do for him would probably catch Sakurai’s eye. That being said, a lack of fan demand on the levels of Toad, Waluigi or Geno especially pose a big problem.

Want: 60%, but it’s mostly because I think that the moveset he’d have would be pretty damn awesome, and since he’s a ghost, Spirits and Classic stages related to Ghosts would be much easier to make. It’s also just fitting: Luigi has his Peach, now it’s time for his Bowser.

Assists in Updates x 5. I’ll use those other noms later. All of MK’s viable echoes are dead, or would be better off unique, so 0.52%.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can't believe I was offended at being spoiled that King Boo is in Luigi's Mansion 3

Chance: 6%
King Boo is one of those characters Nintendo likes to put in games. Luigi's Mansion, obviously, but he also made it into Mario Kart and considering that franchise's ****ty history with spin-off characters it means a lot. Luigi's Mansion I think has leveled up (heh) into being a pretty premiere series for Nintendo, what with LM3 going back to the series' roots and receiving so much acclaim. But at the same time, I have a hard time seeing King Boo get in over other Mario characters. Don't get me wrong, Sakurai has proven that he will ignore characters with everything going for them when it comes to Mario, but I don't know if he'll be allowed to pull those kinds of stunts for DLC.

Want: 75%
I used to be pretty ambivalent to King Boo in Smash but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. A villain, which we can always use more of, plus a ghost, of which I don't think we have any. And he's a memorable baddie. But there's other Mario characters that definitely take priority in my mind.

Noms: Kiryu x5
Prediction: 2.9%

Last edited:
Top Bottom