• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rocketman

Chance: 45%
He either happens or he doesn't. He's on Pac-Man's taunt, but I honestly doubt that means anything. He used to be a Mii Costume, but it's also currently AOL and didn't return with fighting game character Terry - I think it's honestly unlikely that we get another fighter before him, and the only Bandai Namco character he could come with is Lloyd. His VA passed away, but as has been stated Heihachi already made his return through reused voice clips. Sakurai stated he had difficulty making a moveset for Heihachi - honestly that's staggeringly shocking considering how easy one is to make, and it's something that should have been worked out by now.

Yeah, anyway, Heihachi Mishima is one of the most iconic fighting game characters and villains, a rare example of a series' mascot and protagonist being the bad guy, and a legend. Tekken used to be the best selling fighting game franchise until Smash beat it, and it's definitely the kind of Japanese success story that Sakurai loves to represent. I've always said it, and despite some momentary shared insanity, now people are coming back around to it: as far as Bandai Namco characters go, it's Heihachi or Lloyd.

Want: 90%

Noms: Atari rep x5
Unsafe Lad prediction: 0%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Sora x101
Aloy x100
Kunio (River City) x100
[Rerate] Monokuma x100
Concept: Atari rep x90
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Akira Howard x85

100 - 51

Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
King Boo x80
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
X (Mega Man) x70
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x70
Sackboy x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] 2B x65
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x50
Meowth x46
Vault Boy x45
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x44
Earthworm Jim x43
[Rerate] Dante x42
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Kazuma Kiryu x40
Toxtricity x37
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x30
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x30
Chun-Li x28
[Rerate] Waluigi x28
The Blob (De Blob) x25
Crypto x25

Under 25

Urbosa x23
Freddy Fazbear x22
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x20
Gex x20
Giygas x17
Boss: Ender Dragon x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x13
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Carmen Sandiego x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Atari rep shoots past Mii Costume: Hollow Knight, Ryo Hazuki, Ryu Hayabusa and Noctis Lucis Caelum and ends the day in fifth place. Akira Howard also passes King Boo, HK and Ryo and ties with Ryu and Noctis for sixth place. Ryo, Boo and the Knight fall off the top seven.

Waluigi and Crypto sneak out of the under 25 club.

We've been robbed! It would appear the dastardly Carmen Sandiego has stolen 10 noms and escaped to somewhere in the nominations list.

warpenguin55 warpenguin55 LoL rep got 20.17% chance and 48.08% want.

DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire Not sure why you're giving out 10 noms per day?

Sunflower
0.75% Chance, 15.91% Want
Winner of predictions was waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi with 0.66%

The following people have extra noms
3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 5
Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 57
Delzethin Delzethin 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Ultomato Ultomato 5
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 5
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Heihachi
Chance 20 - The Mii Costume not being back and Namco being surprisingly short on reps seems to be the case here. It's not a bad one, but the counterpoints make me wonder on him. First, there's the fact he's in Pac-Mans taunt. That could be nothing but I don't think he was there in Smash 4, which might make it something. 2nd, there's the fact that Sakurai said he was having problems getting a moveset for him. That feels bad for someone who was able to come up with something for the Wii Fit Trainer and the Dog from Duck Hunt. Maybe he'll get it figured out since it was an adaptability issue over a content issue, but I also don't want to put too much stock into that for one reason, which is that Sakurai isn't going to suddenly come up with a fix for or change his mind on everything. Some things might just stay how they are, and that might be the case here.

Want 50 - Neutral on him. Deserving of a spot and one of the top 2-3 picks from Namco without a doubt, if not the best pick. No real Tekken connection though so Can't push it much more than that.

Predict Unsafe Wiimote Guy - 1%

Noms
Vault Boy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait what? Oh ****, I didn't realize that had become muscle memory! D: I just fixed it, thank you for catching that!

Also, quick question, in the noms list what does it mean when the number of someone's noms is underlined?
That's just a thing that my phone does. I have no clue why or how to stop it. But it does seem to think that some of those characters are addresses.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
[Rerate] Sora x101
Aloy x100
Kunio (River City) x100
[Rerate] Monokuma x100
Concept: Atari rep x90
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
Akira Howard x85

100 - 51

Ryo Hazuki x80
King Boo x80
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
X (Mega Man) x70
Sackboy x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] 2B x65
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
Meowth x46
Vault Boy x45
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x44
Earthworm Jim x43
[Rerate] Dante x42
Kazuma Kiryu x40
Toxtricity x37
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x30
Chun-Li x28
[Rerate] Waluigi x28
The Blob (De Blob) x25
Crypto x25

Under 25

Urbosa x23
Freddy Fazbear x22
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x20
Gex x20
Giygas x17
[Rerate] Rayman x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Carmen Sandiego x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Atari rep shoots past Mii Costume: Hollow Knight, Ryo Hazuki, Ryu Hayabusa and Noctis Lucis Caelum and ends the day in fifth place. Akira Howard also passes King Boo, HK and Ryo and ties with Ryu and Noctis for sixth place. Ryo, Boo and the Knight fall off the top seven.

Waluigi and Crypto sneak out of the under 25 club.

We've been robbed! It would appear the dastardly Carmen Sandiego has stolen 10 noms and escaped to somewhere in the nominations list.

warpenguin55 warpenguin55 LoL rep got 20.17% chance and 48.08% want.

DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire Not sure why you're giving out 10 noms per day?

Sunflower
0.75% Chance, 15.91% Want
Winner of predictions was waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi with 0.66%

The following people have extra noms
3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 5
Artix Artix 15
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 57
Delzethin Delzethin 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 15
Ultomato Ultomato 5
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 5
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 5
Yes! I edited my nominations in time! But seeing King Boo drop from top 7, perhaps I should have waited :p

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Heihachi Mishima

Chance - 20% - I suppose that he is one of the few characters that Namco could use that could get in. That said, most of us are treating Namco like an inevitability, while I'm not certain about that. While it is suspicious that his costume didn't appear with the Terry Fighter costumes, there's a chance that it could also mean nothing. Terry may also contain the token fighting game representative for this part of DLC; fighting game movesets like his take more effort and admittedly appeal to a niche audience. Still, he's probably only competing with Tales of for a Namco part, so he's in the running.

Want - 20% - I can't perform a QCF. He'd be a character that I can't play. If he were included, that'd be another character that I would skip on buying.

Predictions

Wii safety Guy - 0% - I don't think he even appears any more...

Nominations

Kunio X5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Want - 20% - I can't perform a QCF. He'd be a character that I can't play. If he were included, that'd be another character that I would skip on buying.
Tekken doesn't use inputs like that. It primarily uses the face buttons to chain attacks together.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate... Unsafe Wiimote Guy, AKA Reckless Safety Notice Man.

Predict Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari.

I'm ending the day in 24 hours.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

No music post today since this guy has literally no music to choose from, though on the bright side I'm able to post my rating earlier than usual:

----------

A super wacky and hilarious meme pick

Chance: 0%
This isn't even an actual character, let alone one that has appeared in an actual game (and no I don't count the stock wii startup screen as a game). We might as well just start rating the Brawl announcer or the Nintendo Seal of Approval as characters. For the base game I'd give this character a super generous non-zero chance score, but with DLC on the line there is just no way this will happen especially since the Wii is long gone.

Want: 0%
This isn't scraping the barrel when it comes to choosing characters: this is cutting a hole through the bottom of the barrel and then jumping inside that hole to enter an endless void of random characters. Maybe when Smash gets a million characters I'd be down for this, but with so many other characters on the line (including much better joke character options) I would hate to see this become a reality.

Prince chance prediction: 4.31%

Nominations:
2B x5

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Meme funny. Please click “Like”.

I can’t even say anything funny. What’s there to sat except he only appears as a demonstration of how much space you’ll need playing your Wii game?

Again, what is there to say? He literally only appears on this screen.

Prince of All Cosmos: 30%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Reckless Wiimote Safety Notice Man
Want: 1%

Seriously? Technically, he appears in every single Wii game ever made, including the shovelware, but this is no character. I don't even need to explain myself why he isn't happening. His inclusion would be funny for 5 seconds until the disappointment sinks in that a static warning image made it in over your most wanted characters. And this is coming from someone who likes joke characters.

Prince of all Cosmos: 2.12%

Toxtricity x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The guy who is in every disc-based Wii game

Chance: If this were base game, he'd have been a possible pick for the Wii era representative.... of Smash 4. In a post Wii Fit Trainer world, not to mention when you're asking people to purchase this character, you know you're not getting in. 0%.

Want: -1% (pretend I said 0%), specifically as DLC. If this were base game it'd be something like 10% because base game joke characters are awesome, but I absolutely would never pay for a character like this. It'd be a waste of the dev team's, the marketing team's, the fans', and the shareholder's time to bother with somebody like this. This is somebody who simply isn't fiscally viable. More than that, however, he absolutely would eat resources that could go to even another generic Mario enemy and more people would be happy.

Lloyd x 10, I should've used those noms sooner. Gonna guess 4.25% for the Prince.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Hilarious meme, very kek indeed
Double zeroes
This isn't a character. This is basically a warning sign, an object, an jpg, something you can make a spirit out of at absolute most. This is also a forced inside joke from the Smash 4 era of speculation that probably hasn't expanded outside this site. At no point do I think Sakurai had this thing even on his mind for even a second, unless he read literally every single ballot vote from the handful of funny people who wasted their vote, assuming those didn't actually got discarded. The Wii era is also long behind us now so alot of less educated people wouldn't even be in on this joke.

Have you all noticed how nobody is talking about Laboman anymore? Really goes to show that "characters" like that have little staying power. I'm the type of guy who would defend Piranha Plant's inclusion. Unsafe Wiimote guy however would basically erase any standards Smash has left. I know it technically still counts a video games but man... if you put in that thing you honestly might as well add Goku and Iron Man.

The Prince: 4.35%
Meta Knight echo x10

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Meme Guy

Like others have said, not a character. Also has absolutely no one asking for him at all, since it is not a character. It's not even a joke character, it's literally just a meme. I'd rather have Goku join.

Piranha Plant was bad enough. This is really not the time for anymore joke characters whatsoever. It's literally the last time they will be able to bring back every veteran. Like someone else said before, it would be funny for about 5 seconds and then incredibly disappointing and infuriating that they went with something that isn't even a character over literally anything else.

Noms:
Chun-Li x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Do I have to rate this?
double zeroes
this is the biggest joke character ever. I honestly can't bring up points that over people haven't. This is basically Brash the Bear 2, Electric Boogaloo. so hell no do I want this? ALso, is there ANY moveset potential? No. there is literally no moveset potential. I don't want this.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wiimote guy

Umm, I think Piranha Plant covers our "wtf" rep for this game. Yet even then, I doubt we'd get a concept like this as a character. It's not a character, it's literally just a warning sign.
inb4 sakurai adds it

Now usually I'm okay with wtf characters. Despite how I initially felt about Piranha Plant I grew to accept it as part of the family. Will I do the same for Wiimote dude? Maybe, depends on how memorable his Smash iteration is. I will however say that there are better potential wtf characters out there that are deeply ingrained in Nintendo history. From something as simple and recent as Laboman to something as old and weird as a hanafuda card rep :bowsette:

Prediction: Prince 12.1%
Nomination: Waluigi x5

D

Deleted member

Wii Swordfighter

The Wii era has came and gone, and unfortunately for this lad, there's no chance he'll be in Smash, especially as DLC. Nintnedo has already moved on from anything related to the Wii, and Wii Fit Trainer and the Miis all originated from the Wii era and brought a great amount of content from both their games and Wii related stuff like the Wii Shop Music. Unsafe Wiimote Guy wouldn't be able to add anything else since they already put a great amount of Wii related content in Smash, and he doesn't really have anything to bring when it comes to a stage, music, and spirit board.

Want: 30%

Controversial opinion, but sometimes, a character can be so stupid that I'd accept seeing him/her in Smash someday because of how over the top their inclusion would be regardless of the inevitable backlash they'd cause. Unsafe Wiimote Guy is that character who's so dumb I wouldn't even be mad if he somehow made it to Smash. He isn't exactly a non-video game character since he only appears in safety prompts for Wii games nor is he really somebody that anybody in their right minds would think is possible. What'd make it even better is if Sakurai actually added him because he wanted to creatively flex on everyone. Even though I said UWG wouldn't be able to bring a stage, this should be the stage that he should bring if he were to be in Smash:

I know it's not a part of other Wii games IICR, but Unsafe Wiimote Guy is so unbelievable of a character to add that it makes me sorta want to see him in Smash more than a bunch of other characters unironically. **** on me all you want about that, but it's just something so stupid that I can't help but like that stupidity enough to accept it happening, which it obviously won't but still.

-------------------
Predictions:
The Cosmo Prince - 9%
-------------------
Noms:

Devolver Digital Rep x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Reckless Safety Notice Man

He probably doesn't even qualify as a character. He's just a generic model thing that appears in every Wii game. Now granted, you could use that as an argument for his inclusion, since he TECHNICALLY appeared in Brawl, but that's a weak enough argument as is.
Want: 100%
Before you ask, yes, I DO want to see the world burn. In all seriousness, this would probably be THE weird inclusion character to add to Smash. Like, nothing could possibly top this, for better or worse. Plus, I remember seeing somewhere that someone actually made a moveset for him, so he has something to work with, at least. Really, I just want him in to see how the Internet would react.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nothing funny to say but then again there's nothing funny being discussed

The Unsafe Wiimote Guy isn't a character, and he isn't from a videogame series. He's just part of the OS, a warning, an illustration. He's no more likely to be considered a character than I am. It's just a meme, and an old one at that.

However, this day is perfect to illustrate why some joke characters work and some don't.

Let's look at Mr. Game & Watch. You could say that he was technically a Melee invention, since there wasn't actually a character called that before; there were just nameless characters. Yet, because of the enormous quantity of games to represent, Mr. Game & Watch has tons of moveset potential. He also has stage potential, tons of it, you could make stages out of nearly every Game & Watch game. And since Game & Watch is such a big part of videogame history, he doesn't feel like he was just added for the jokes, or like wasted effort, but like an actual, worthwhile representation of a part of gaming history, just one that most people wouldn't think of.

Same thing with ROB, really. For one, even though he doesn't appear in any, he does represent two videogames - he is a videogame character, those two games are made for him and he is a character within their world. I probably don't need to explain ROB's importance to gaming history either. And while the moveset potential is much lesser, the concept of a robot that can spin his arms around and throw gyros was clearly enough to craft a good one.

And it's the same with Wii Fit Trainer. And also, to a certain degree, with other candidates that have been brought up like Hanafuda Man or LABO Man. For some, they have games they represent, or they have some gaming history. They key is that they have to feel like they're representing something. You can't just drop a non-character into a crossover game, whoever you add has to feel like they're bringing something new, adding to the crossover. For most characters, they themselves bring something new, but for non-characters like these, the feeling that they're still adding something is crucial. That's also why Piranha Plant got such a terrible response; it doesn't represent anything that wasn't already represented (beyond, I guess, the concept of generic enemies, which most don't feel is something worth representing or that adds much).

Unsafe Wiimote Guy doesn't have any games to represent, no history behind it, no moveset potential beyond accidentally throwing a Wiimote. If added, he wouldn't feel like an addition to the crossover, he would feel like Sakurai maliciously trolling fans by going out of his way to waste resources on a worthless addition.

Noms: Atari rep x5
POAC prediction: 13.85%

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Chances: 1%
Probably would be more likely as a base roster character by a bit but, I can't see it happen at all for DLC and even for base roster really unless it was featured somewhere in some form of amalgamation moveset of a bunch of Nintendo's history things (like their accessories, features ect), it could be a move, taunt or an easter egg in an idle animation or something.
Unless it's part of the amalgamation mentioned before, I wouldn't want it as its own character at all.

Nominations: Meowth x5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Side note, this would be his one and only music track he could bring.

(The sound that plays when the wrist strap screen for Wii sports appears. Also known as WIIRP_Stock_Boot)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm honestly shocked that we've already had some higher-than-zero chance and want scores. Let it not be said the Smash community isn't generous.

Kunio (River City) x105
[Rerate] Monokuma x105
[Rerate] Sora x101
Aloy x100
Concept: Atari rep x95
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
Akira Howard x85
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x85

100 - 51

King Boo x81
Ryo Hazuki x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
X (Mega Man) x70
[Rerate] 2B x70
Sackboy x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
Vault Boy x50
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x49
[Rerate] Dante x47
Meowth x46
Earthworm Jim x45
Kazuma Kiryu x45
Toxtricity x42
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x33
[Rerate] Waluigi x33
Crypto x30
Chun-Li x28
The Blob (De Blob) x25
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x25
Gex x25

Under 25

Urbosa x23
Freddy Fazbear x22
Carmen Sandiego x19
Giygas x17
[Rerate] Rayman x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Kunio and Monokuma pass Aloy and Sora and remain in a duel for the coveted first spot. Claude von Riegan drops into the top seven, tying with Noctis Lucis Caelum, Ryu Hayabusa and Akira Howard for sixth place.

Devolver Digital rep and Gex quip past 25 noms.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Unsafe Wiimote Guy
Yeah, there is no way a joke character like this is paid DLC. The only way he gets in at this point in time is if he gets the Piranha Plant treatment. That being said though, he was technically in Brawl... He has a ton of moveset potential too, literally anything that could be considered as unsafe with the wiimote could be used

Want: 100%
This is my favorite troll pick. Reckless Safety Notice Man is not close to the top of my list of wanted characters, but if he ever got revealed I would be too busy laughing my ass off to care

Noms: Akira Howard x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here are some characters I'm thinking about nominating:

-Euden
-Adeleine and Ribbon
-Crash Bandicoot
-Ring Fit Trainer
-Sirfetch'd

Have any of these characters already been rated?
We've rated the first three in the past (Euden was rated in the form of a Dragalia Lost rep). I know we haven't rated Ring Fit Trainer or Sirfetch'd.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Unsafe Wiimote Guy

Chance 0 - Not happening. We're not getting joke/troll characters as DLC. For base roster I'd bump it a little higher but not for DLC. As others said too, not sure if it really counts as a character so that could be an issue here too.

Want 90 - I don't really want a troll character as DLC, but if we're getting another troll characters this would be the perfect one for me. It would be so weird I can't not love it.

Predict Cosmic Prince - 2.39

Noms
Vault Boy x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
We've rated the first three in the past (Euden was rated in the form of a Dragalia Lost rep). I know we haven't rated Ring Fit Trainer or Sirfetch'd.
Perkilator Perkilator You can also nominate a character to be rerated.
In that case, I'll consider nominating for Ring Fit and an Adeleine rerate once we've got to Claude.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Reckless Safety Notice Man

Chance: 5%. He may not be in this game, and if he did get in, he will most likely be a spirit. Competition is the biggest concern, and he will most likely wont be in this game, but it's not impossible.

Want: 50%. It's another joke character option, and it's a surprising one at that. He would be a fun character to play as, but I honestly don't know what new stage it would feel best in. That is all I have to say about that.

Noms: 2 for Rival Pokémon Trainer and 3 for Dark Bowser

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Unsafe Wiimote Guy

Chance: 0% - Unless we get another WTF surprise pick in the next game I just don't see it happening. There's little moveset potential (unless you have him breaking things), the Switch doesn't use him even in their motion-based games, and he's really not much of a character to begin with. Unless you had him represent Wii Sports in a way or the Wii brand as a whole, he just doesn't have an impact in gaming history. There's also the factor of competition, and I can't imagine justifying a roster slot for him.

Want: 0% - He'd be really funny but with limited roster space I wouldn't want to see him get in over a more significant member of Nintendo's cast. WTF picks can only go so far, and to have lasting appeal they have to really bring something to the table as a character. Piranha Plant has this, with a unique moveset and a very funny personality. Unless we're surprised, Unsafe Wiimote Guy doesn't have this at all.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Prince of All Cosmos - 12.83%

Calamitas

Smash Champion
A Meme, Displaced in Time

I'd honestly just leave it at that, but two sentence rules. And rules are rules, and so on, so. . . this is not even an actual character. This "character" is nothing but a silhouette that was never even once in motion. There is no possible scenario that this is ever happening.

Want: 5%
I could live with this, I suppose - it all depends on execution. But you'll never see me actively clamoring for this concept.

Nominations: Akira Howards x5

Predicting Prince of All Cosmos to get around 9.99%.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Double 0
This is a bad idea. We already have actual characters who come from actual games who represent the Wii era. And you want us to pay for this? No thank you.

Nominate King Boo x5, I would like to top 7 him :/ sorry Carmen hopefully next week

Prince of cosmos prediction 9.4%

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The guy who appears in every Wii game

Chance: 0.01%

This guy is really pushing my ideology of not giving anyone zeroes because "anything can happen". But this is something different entirely. It's theoretically possible, I mean he is still a "character" since he appears in games.....not just in the actual games themselves. He's a video game character technically since he technically originated from games so he is a possible candidate.

But is Sakurai going to pick him? No. Maybe if this was Smash 4 without Wii Fit Trainer I could see it, but we already got Wii Fit Trainer, the joke character from the Wii era. And this is DLC. They already made a joke character DLC (albeit it was a limited time offer), but they won't do that again, especially since Piranha Plant is a special case where he was meant to be in the base roster.

Points for him? He has movesets all over the internet so he could theoretically work as a character. And he is (or was) iconic because he appeared at the beginning of every Wii game. And that's it. He's waaaayyy out there, and that might be an understatement. I don't even know why I bothered writing this much, this guy is self explanatory. At the most, he would get a spirit and that's it. He would be a fun assist trophy though.

Want: 100% 1%

He would be hilarious. And that's it. Maybe if everyone in my signature got in then maybe I would give him at least a fair want score. But we already got a joke character for this game and we still got so many more popular and influential characters not in the game yet, so this guy would feel almost like a slap in the face.

Predictions: Prince of Cosmos - 5%

Noms: Crypto x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Someone I guess

Chance & Want: 0%
We already have Wii Fit Trainer for such a pick, and they're on the wii too. If you want another similar character like that, why not go for Tipp from Ring Fit Adventure? Not that he'd have much of a chance either anyway.

Predictions: Prince of cosmos - 1.2%
I don't know him. Or her, since Japan doesn't seem to understand gender, what with Edelgard being Emperor instead of Empress.

Nominations: Kiryu Kazuma x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate the Prince of Cosmos from Katamari.

Predict Glover from Glover.

Day will end around noon EST on Tuesday.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the rolling ball mood:

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Not to be confused with either Cosmo from Fairly OddParents or Sonic X

Chance: 20%
I gave Heihachi a higher rating because, as far as I know, the Prince isn't as well known as most Tekken characters. Then again, I know virtually nothing of Katamari general, so I'm probably not one to judge it's popularity. I dunno, just my two cents.

Want: Abstain
The first even heard of Katamari, much less the Prince, was through that one MAD episode called "Franklin and Crash" (yeah, real bottom of the barrel stuff). Outside of that, again, I know virtually nothing, so I'm not going to act like a know-it-all.

Glover: 5%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Katamari ReRate
Chance: 2%
I was a little bit hard on him last time he was rated but I think his cons still apply. That Pacman taunt hurts him just as much as he does Heihachi and the Prince doesn't even have the privilege of being considered in the past from what we know. And the competition doesn't even end there. Personally, I have a gut feeling that the next Bamco character will be more serious in nature in contrast to Pacman, like Loyd, Nightmare, etc and that the Prince would be better fit for a third Bamco rep which might be more oddballish. Tho considering how long it is even taking for us to get a second Bamco character I don't really see that happening.

Want: 90%
Which is unfortunate cause Katamari is the only Bamco series that I have attachment to and would have a greater than neutral reaction towards seeing in Smash. The series is so fun, colorful and unique having it represented in a major way would be a joy to witness.

Glover: 1.07%
Meta Knight echo x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Unsafe Video Gamer: 1 Hour Rule Edition
This isn't even a character. Just an image showing you what not to do. Not happening.
I'd rather have actual characters. This guy wouldn't even bring any music with him. No thanks.

Princediction: 13%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5
Prince rating will be later unless I forget.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Prince of all Cosmos

Chance 0 - Way too much competition from the Bandi Namco side to make me think this is even remotely an option. Heihachi, Lloyd, Nightmare, Agumon, and KOS MOS(who isn't even that likely) all have better chances. I think there's a reality where we get 0 new BC characters in, and I might lean towards that over PoaC happening

Want 0 - Don't know a lot about Katamari but there are a lot more BC and other 3rd party reps I'd rather have first. Very uninteresting in this happening overall

Predict Glover - 1.20%

Noms
Vault Boy x5

Top Bottom