• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Breath of the Wild Negative One

Chance: 4%
I could definitely see it happening, but I don't think it's likely. Judging by our current picks of 3rd party characters, there's very little precedent to believe we'd get a more recent character like him. Bayonetta is currently the youngest 3rd party character we have, unless you count 11, despite the "character" being more of a representation of DQ heroes entirely- I don't count 11, obviously. I do think he has a shot, but he's not the most likely Bethesda rep IMO. The most likely Bethesda rep is Doom Guy/Doom Slayer if you ask me. Dovahkiin is solidly #2 though.

Want: 0%
I have no attachment to him, and while Skyrim is a cool game that I really want to play at some point, I don't think he has the potential for a really unique moveset without doing something strange. At best he would just be Hero/Robin with a shout move.

Goose prediction: 1.04%

Grass starters x 5

Also I prefer 48 hour days personally. 24 hours is too short, if you miss a day you miss an entire character. I don't check in every day.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I can use a bucket to manipulate space and time!

Chance: 45%. Guy's pretty plausible. Skyrim, for all it's worth, is nothing short of a legendary game, and more over he's also part of a popularly speculated company. On the other hand, Doom Slayer is not only a thing, but it gets worse for the guy since Skyrim's legacy has also been on the decline a bit. Still, I think that while the negatives win, it's a negligble win and he wouldn't be very strange to see in Smash.

Want: 55%. Really good moveset ideas, comes from a gorgeous game (with mods, at least) and overall would probably be a really fun low-heavyweight character that excels at midrange. I feel like for the gameplay alone, nobody really is half as good. But I've got other fish to fry, so.

Lloyd Irving x 5.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dovahkiin

Chance - 10% - I suppose that he is one of the more likely candidates. He is one of the most notable ones from Bethesda. That said, Doom Slayer is the elephant in the room; DOOM would hit a similar western audience while having a bigger appeal. "DOOM runs on everything" is a meme, after all. He also has a much bigger name in history and has a much bigger and interesting moveset to take from. While I can see it if they don't go for DOOM, DOOM is just too big of a name that I struggle to see it not happening if they don't go for Bethesda.

Want - 30% - I want DOOM much more than this guy. I find Dovahkiin fairly uninteresting.

Predictions

The Horrible Goose - 3.54% - An ammusing meme pick, but...

Nominaitons

Kunio X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Chance: 15%
I honestly find him to be one of the more likely candidates. Skyrim is pretty huge, both in terms of sales (25+ million worldwide) and impact on the modern gaming scene (huge push for open world games). While it has only seen very moderate success in Japan, it's an international juggernaut. While the lack of a named protagonist is a bit unfortunate, the Dragonborn has a fair few unique abilities that differentiate them from a standard RPG protagonist; for example, it'd be possible to make a unique set of specials out of the Thu'um alone. Bethesda would also be pretty open to work with Nintendo on it, assuredly--they want Skyrim everywhere.

That said, it just doesn't feel like the type of character that they really go for. It's Western, it's realistic and gritty, it's in competition with a few similar types of series (I couldn't see both it and a Souls character i, for example). While I think the speculation scene is sleeping on this character quite a bit... I don't think it's happening.

---

Want: 100%
Which is a shame, honestly, since I adore Skyrim. I never played it until the Switch port since I really only go for Nintendo consoles. Got sucked into it and put a good hundred hours into it back in July when I was between jobs. Super fun game, and as I mentioned earlier the character has some great defining characteristics such as the shouts or axes that'd differentiate them from the cast pretty nicely. I'm also just a huge fan of vikings. Reading a history book on the vikings and watching Vinland Saga now as it airs. As a whole, possibly the character I'd be happiest with behind Phoenix.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I was originally going to end the day tonight, but given how active today has been I'll extend the day to tomorrow morning 8 am EST (a little over 10 hours after this comment has been posted).

The results of the poll were essentially a tie, with 8 of the 15 votes favoring 48 hour days while everyone else prefers 24 hour days. Personally I think the best way to handle days is to let them last at least 24 hours, and then end the day when no one has posted for a long time. Maybe days should end when no there is no new rating for 4-6 hours after the initial 24 hours, just so there's enough time for everyone to get their last thoughts in.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Damn, I extended the day for over 10 hours and only 1 other rating came in. This is why I prefer 24 hour days.

----------

Day over.

Rate The Horrible Goose from Untitled Goose Game.

The day after Goose's day will have two ratings, so predict Geno from Super Mario RPG AND Boss: Kracko (Kirby)

Day will end in 24 hours.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Goose mood:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Press Y to honk respects

Chance: 5%
I just don't see it reasonably happening. Sure, UTG was fun, and the Goose has had a lot of impact on internet culture, but there is just a lot of indie competition, whether you count the indie characters that are already in the game in some form or not. Between Quote, any rep from Undertale/Deltarune, a Celeste character, or, to cover the aforementioned indie characters already in the game in some form, Shovel Knight and Shantae, the competition is just way too strong.

Want: 75%
Yeah, why not? The Goose could be quite fun. And it would certainly stand out in comparison to many other characters on the roster, too.

Predicting Geno to get around 37.53%, and Kracko to get around 4.23%.

Nominating Concept: Any Xenoblade Newcomer x5.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Horrible Goose

Chance: 1% - I know people are gonna overrate this one, but as much as I love the Horrible Goose I don't think his chances are high. While he has the uniqueness to be a great Smash character and has both the recency and Nintendo representation, his big hit to his chances is being an indie character. More prominent and popular indie characters like Shovel Knight and Sans have been relegated to Assist and Mii Costume respectively, and Shantae is merely a spirit. Furthermore, the first indie rep will likely be someone with legacy, and as much as I think the Horrible Goose will stand the test of time, it isn't quite his time yet. Though those chances will definitely increase once we get our first playable indie rep.

Want: 60% - I've never played the game but I think the Horrible Goose would be a hilarious, clever, and honestly anti-meta pick, with a lot of personality behind it to make it the next Piranha Plant. From what I've seen I can tell a lot of love and care has been put into the game, and if it enters Sakurai's radar I think he could have a lot of fun coming up with an annoyance-based moveset!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x5

Predictions:
Geno - 22.37%
Kracko (Boss) - 10.71%

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Goose Howard

Chance: 30%

I haven’t played UTG yet, but the Horrible Goose would be such a fun character! If anyone here is worried about how a moveset would work, here’s a little thing on Twitter from a while back:

Geno: 1.8%
Kracko Boss: 3.4%

Nomination: Claude Rerate x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Goose

Chance: 15%. The Goose is a more recent addition, but it may have a chance. The Competition would be fierce, but the Goose could find ways to eliminate the competition.

Want: 80%. The Goose would be another character that would surprise people, and with moveset potential. The Gosse would be a lethal fighter and fun to play as, plus we could use another bird in the game

Prediction: Geno (12%) and Boss: Kracko (10%)

Noms: 2 for Earthworm Jim and 3 for Meowth

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Geese
Chance:0%: The game came out so recently that it's honestly not plausible to be in Smash. Same with Three Houses and Astral Chain.
Wany:75%: I mean, the Rivals workshop version is fun. I would love to see what Sakurai could do with the Goose.
Nominations: Shadow x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
funny goose funnyyyyyy xd
Chance: 0%
Untitled Goose game certainly made a splash when it released but it seems like the hype has settled down and I don't think it has as much staying power as other more generally popular indie games like Undertale and Shovel Knight, games that also couldn't manage to get a playable character as representation. Can't imagine why Nintendo would go for the goose over the likes of them. It just doesn't seem like something worthy enough of getting the character privilege.

I understand the appeal but I have no actual incentive to play the game. 20 bucks for a 3 hour game is a bit too expensive for my taste and I feel like I'm not missing out on some mindblowing experience by not playing it myself. In fact, after watching Vinesauce Joel stream the game fully I think I've basically seen everything that game has to offer. So sorry, but I'd be content with a spirit and nothing more. Also, I'm personally hoping for a different Australian indie character.

Geno: 55.48%
Kracko boss: 0.79%
Hollow Knight costume x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The only Geese I'd want to see make it into the roster

Not only was the Goose too late for the fighter's pass, but he may have also been too late to be considered as one of the post pass characters. His game was released on September 20th while the additional Smash fighters announcement happened on September 4th. Depending on how you look at it, the post pass characters may have already been decided on by the time Untitled Goose Game was available. Even if he was released at the right time, I really don't see this happening. There are a ton of more popular indie characters to choose from with a lot more staying power and I really don't see Nintendo choosing someone as recent as the Goose. This is something that screams wacky spirit battle or assist trophy, not an actual character.

I've seen people play Untitled Goose Game and it looks like a decent game to get a laugh for like an hour or two. Making the Goose a character would be just silly but for all the wrong reasons. They might as well just add the goat from Goat Simulator while they're at it. With a lot of other indie characters topping my most wanted list there is no way I'd want Goose to make it in over any of them.

Also while doing the music post for the day I found out that there are only 6 songs in the entire game and they are all just slow piano tunes. Yeah, no thanks.

Geno chance prediction: 42.56%
Kracko as a boss character prediction: 1.41%

Nominations:
Quote x5

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Memes.

This will not happen. There is no chance in hell. An indie rep that isn't even a fraction as popular as several other much more historically influential indie reps, that has no real fan outcry for smash inclusion whatsoever, on top of being near impossible to make a moveset for? It's not going to happen.

Sure, you could make a moveset based around it being a goose and using objects from the game, but the goose fighting people really just wouldn't fit the character or the game.

The only reason this guy got nominated for this thread is because of memes. And y'know what? I respect it.

Geno prediction: 32.13%

Grass starters x 5

:ultjoker: Am I a joke to you?

(Well his name is Joker)
Whoops. His series is older than Bayonetta though, which is more what I meant- though I guess Elder Scrolls is older than Skyrim. Ah well, I never claimed to be smart.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The Goose

Chance 0 - This is not going to happen. The bar for indies is clearly set pretty high and I don't think a character with only 1 game is the one to break the indies barrier. The Goose game only came out a few months ago too, so its far too new for DLC 5 and might even be too new for some of the post pass. Feel like if we're going to get an indie rep based on recency then they'd go with Hollow Knight or Hornet.

Want 75 - I'd love to see how The Goose would be made into a Smash character. There doesnt seem to be a lot to pick from for a moveset, but I feel like Sakurai would be able to figure it out and make it a Duck Hunt level of success.

Predictions
Geno - 50 %
Boss Cracko - 3.54 %

Noms:
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You mean the guy from Skyward Sword, right?

Chance: 1%
UGG is way too new to be considered, both from a logical, time standpoint and a legacy standpoint. No doubt that the game is a labor of love that shockingly parlayed meme viral popularity into actual success by being a good game (gasp!). But it won't sell DLC, it doesn't bring much of moveset or stage or anything potential, and as nice as a little thing it probably won't have the staying power of your Cave Stories, Touhous, Undertales and Shovel Knights.

Not everything needs to be in Smash. I honestly expect more out of my third parties than just being from a game that existed. I want legacy. I want influential games. I want classics. I want icons. I think Goose would be lucky to get in as a Spirit.

Noms: Atari rep x5
**** it, that's too good a concept not to nominate. I'll get it up there singlehandedly, and make a big ass post flexing my Atari knowledge.
Geno prediction: 12.97%
Kracko as a boss prediction: 00.00%

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Quote x125
Thrall (Warcraft) x120
[Rerate] Steve x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x115
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x115
Concept: Any grass-type starter x115
Sol Badguy x110

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x100
Francis York Morgan x100
[Rerate] Sora x86
Glover x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x80
Ryo Hazuki x80
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Heihachi x75
Sackboy x68
X (Mega Man) x68
Papyrus x66
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x65
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x60
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
Kunio (River City) x45
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x40
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x40
[Rerate] Dante x37
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Akira Howard x30
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x30
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x30
[Rerate] Monokuma x29
Earthworm Jim x28

Under 25

Chun-Li x23
Meowth x22
Urbosa x21
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
King Boo x19
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Kazuma Kiryu x15
Giygas x14
Boss: Ender Dragon x12
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x10
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Rival Pokémon Trainer x8
Freddy Fazbear x7
Toxtricity x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Waluigi x5
Concept: Atari rep x5

Quote shoots Thrall in the back and ends the day in first place.

Monokuma pops up outside of the under 25 club.

Today's new concept is Atari rep, with 5 noms.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Goose

This one is not happening. The Goose would have to get passed Hollow Knight and Shantae to do be playable and I really don't see a way it pulls that off.

Want: 60%

Noms: Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Meme pick/10

This obviously a 0% for both. It's too new and strives of memes. It's seems like a good game in its own right but it's just a goose. There's no legacy behind, no nothing. Not everything should be in Smash

GenUgh Prediction 21%
Kracko 1.2%

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

(anyone wanna throw me extra nomination to break the four way tie :p)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

(anyone wanna throw me extra nomination to break the four way tie :p)
Nah, give ME the extra nom so we can rate Rillaboom before he gets revealed at the VGAs. Baboom always win.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No, give ME the extra noms so the Golden Deer can scale the walls of RTC, and so we can reach out our hands in friendship.
No, give ME the extra noms so I can use it on something random. Unless I think of something specific, of course.

Also, abstain on Goose. I never played the game.

Nominations: Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I ain't giving any of y'all extra noms, I'm giving them all to myself.

Henceforth I have infinite extra nominations, I am now officially drunk on power.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Abstaining on the Goose. I never played the game.

Noms: Monokuma x5

Predictions:
Geno - 15% (I'll explain myself for sure)
Kracko as a boss - 1.3%

D

Deleted member

I missed Dovah Day and it's all because of you Goose

Chance: 1%

It's just 1 goose on a huge pond of games. Even though a lot of people like Untitled Goose Game, it still a game that came out very recently, as a few people on here pointed out, Untitled Goose Game doesn't seem to have enough content for a stage, a tracklist, and spirits. Of all the possible characters to add to Smash, I can't imagine the Goose being its own fighter.

Want: 5%

The Goose is not for me. It just doesn't have anything I like other than the idea of the Goose being a spirit battle, and I think that would be the best placement for Untitled Goose Game even if it means we're losing out on a new fighter.
---------------------------
Predictions:
Kracko - 0.3%
Gen-oh god we're doing this again aren't we? - 13.75%

---------------------------

Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
Did someone say Groose? Well, here I am!

Oh, what's that? You said Goose? Oh. I see.

I speculate that we have probably 3-4 characters left post-pass. I'm sure all of them were determined by midsummer this year. This game isn't owned by Nintendo and it wasn't out at that time... meaning that there's no conceivable way it could happen. Even in the scenario that I'm wrong and they continue after the pass for more than a year, I doubt we ever get to the point where the Goose gets considered.

Want: 75%
He'd be a blast, surely. Such an unconventional character would be unique in the cast and he'd be an awesome troll character to swag on my friends with (and I'm the type of guy who loves doing so). I haven't played his game and I've been avoiding watching gameplay of it as I wait for a price drop or a convenient time to do so. Because of that, I don't have much attachment... and even if I did have more, there'd always be a small part of me that'd be let down by a gag character of this nature.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Annoying Goose

Chance - 0% - Never happening. It's a small potatoes game from a franchise probably made after they were all chosen. There would have to be something wild for it to get through.

Want - 60% - I cannot say how I would feel about the inclusion. He's got just enough, I think, and a Rivals of Aether mod showed that he actually has some potential. It's just so outlandish I would not know how to feel about their inclusion.

Predictions

Geno - 6.34% - I have no idea...

Kraco boss - 0.12% - Not happening...

Nominations

Kunio X5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Honk honk

Chance: 2%. Yeah this guy basically has no hope whatsoever. Mostly because spots are super tight, but also because this just is the perfect example of something where a Spirit is probably the highest accolade the Goose in Smash can get.

Want: 40%. Doesn't immediately scream interesting at me, being a simple goose, but the concept of the game is something. I guess it'd be funny for a little bit, but once the humor wears off, what are we left with?

Lloyd Irving x 5.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
His goose is cooked

A recent indie game that, while good in it's own right, is likely not even a dot on Nintendo's radar. Keep in mind, with Undertale's massive popularity, all the franchise was able to get was a Mii Costume. Compare that to Horrible Goose from Untitled Goose Game. It's got it's fans for sure, but nothing that'll sky rocket it past Undertale.

Untitled Goose Game is... cute. I'll give it that. Unfortunately, it is way to recent for my liking. Not only that, but as enjoyable as it is in it's own right, it doesn't really do anything to revolutionize gaming that would make it a legacy third party pick in Smash. With only one appearance as well, definitely not a character I'd like seeing in the game.

Predictions: Let's get the easy one out of the way, shall we?
Kracko: I'd love to see this, but with Marx already acting as a Kirby boss, it's just not likely. 1.04%
Geno: Oh boy. Oooooh boy. Geno is certainly one of the hardest characters to get a feel for in Smash speculation, I think we can all agree to that. 48.97%?

Nominations:
Meowth x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Goose

Look, not every character is gonna be in Smash. UGG is a flavor of the month game and I doubt it's gonna be remembered a year from now. If an indie icon like Shovel Knight didn't make it in, then neither will this goose.

It's just a normal goose. What it's gonna do? Honk at the competition?

Nomination: Heihachi x5

Prediction:
Geno 43.8%
Kracko as a boss 0.9%

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Geno from Super Mario RPG, as well as the idea of Kracko from the Kirby series appearing as a boss character.

Predict 9-Volt from WarioWare and Rundas from Metroid.

Day will end sometime around Wednesday afternoon, after which we will be doing predictions for The Game Awards.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Super Mario RPG mood:

Also some Kracko related tunes:

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Geno
Abstain from both. I don’t wanna start another battle in the already intense war for Geno.

Kracko as a boss

We already have a Kirby boss.

Want: 80%
Eh, why not? We’ve only got six bosses besides just Master and Crazy Hand (in regards to Classic Mode, anyways).

Also, quick thought: what if, were this to be a boss, the battle was based on that of Star Allies?

9-Volt: 1.3%
Rundas: .2%

Nominations: Claude von Rerate x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Imagine if Terry's code name "Dolly" had leaked before Terry himself was revealed, or SNK was even leaked, would that have made people go wild or what

Chance: 10%
Well, this certainly is a higher chance rating than I gave him back when he was rated last time. Back then, I believe I gave him a 0% chance, though that was also back when we didn't know for certain if we'd get characters beyond the pass. Now that we do. . . well, he's certainly not impossible, given that we don't know how exactly post-pass DLC is going to be handled. I still don't believe that Geno has much of a chance, though. No matter how much his fanbase hypes him up, he's still pretty obscure. The only one he'd really appeal to is a certain niche of Smash fans, with the rest of the Smash fanbase being indifferent or outright against him. There's just very little merit to Geno's inclusion to Smash.

It's an improvement from my previous score for Geno, which was 0%. Again, what has changed is the announcement of post-pass DLC. I could now live with it if Geno ended up making it in somewhere down the line. But I wouldn't be excited for it, wouldn't care for it, and would in all likelihood just go "yeah okay he's finally in can we get to the next newcomer now?". Geno just does nothing for me, and I find his fanbase frankly just absurd, no matter how many times I come across potential explanations for it.

But Cloud is already playable

. . .Seriously? We haven't gotten a single boss post release. Why would they suddenly start making DLC bosses? It's not happening, period.

Nah. We already have a Kirby boss, we don't need another.

Predicting 9-Volt to get around 0.33%

Nominating Concept: Any Xenoblade newcomer x5.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Geno:
Chance: 25%
From Sakurai stating he wanted to include him far back in Brawl to inclusions like a Mii Fighter outfit, legendary spirit, player icon ect. He does seem to have some pretty decent chances if only for all the massive fan demand he gets, which is all that really could get him in if so as he lacks much of anything else besides potentially being a Mario RPG rep, though there's many other more recurring and notable choices if you wanted to rep that specifically.

Want: 0% (By far most hated popular request)
I'll admit I'd probably already have liked it a bit more as a more for fun idea (in the same way as imagining things like Kiddy Kong, Crocomire ect as playable) if the requests weren't so massive for reasons I hard disagree with. I would be absolutely disappointed to see this before the likes of Toad, Waluigi ect who are major characters, Wart and a few others in terms of retired characters and Fawful, Paper Mario and many other Mario RPG characters. I absolutely cannot see the merits here at all. I did however enjoy his Mii Costume and would like a general return to the Mario series for him, score would be much higher for that.

Kracko:
Chance: 3%
Very unlikely as a standalone boss atm I feel especially given Marx, but as a stage hazard for any potential Kirby stage would be possible.

As his own boss I'd rather not, but as a stage hazard or cameo of some sort I'd probably like that more.

9 Volt: 5%
Nominations: Meowth x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Geno

Chance: 10%. He is a spirit, but it's a possibility he will get in after the fighter's pass. Competition would be difficult, but popularity could be the savior.

Want: 95% Geno being my third most wanted Mario Rep (behind Fawful and Dark Bowser, and excluding spinoffs franchises), and he would be fun to play as. He would also bring some potential in battles, which is a good thing.

Boss: Kracko

Chance: 10%. I don't know if were going to have new bosses, but it's not impossible. While we do have a Kirby boss (Marx), but another one would not hurt

Want: 65%. Another boss would give Kirby more representation, which would also give us another challenge to complete. I can picture a few fighters like Pichu and Robin fighting Kracko instead of Master Hand, so it could bring more unique experiences.

Prediction: 9 Volt: 10%

Noms: 2 for Meowth and 3 for King Boo

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That one doll that people won't stop talking about

Chance: 40%
With the appearance of more DLC we are now at a crossroad with Geno. He's certainly a fan favorite, and we saw how that helped Banjo get in. But is being a fan favorite really enough to get a spot in DLC? Let us be realistic about this, Geno's importance and legacy to the Mario franchise is negligible at best. Yeah Sakurai talked about how he thought he was a cool character, but the fact that he decided to pass on him two times makes me question whether Sakurai meant he REALLY wanted him or he simply meant he would be cool in a nonchalant way.

Either way Geno does have a decent chance at becoming playable and I'm not underselling him here. However, I think people overestimate the chances of Geno in general. Take away his fanbase and what are you left with? Banjo at least had the benefit of being a N64 icon, what exactly does Geno have besides his popularity?

Want: 10%
Yeah, I still don't want him. I have Square Enix characters that I want to see before him, and I also have Mario characters that I want to see before him. I love SMRPG but for the life of me I still don't get the craze over Geno. There are far better characters that came after him in the Mario games, and even if we limit it purely to Mario RPG games then there are still better choices than him.

Another Kirby boss besides Marx
We had Sakurai say recently that they are not adding any more modes. And even if we did get an extra boss, we already have Marx as the Kirby boss. Not happening.

If we're getting another boss as DLC then I want it to be from a franchise that doesn't have a boss.

Nomination: Steve x5

Prediction:
9-Volt 1.78%
Rundas 2.32%

Last edited:
Top Bottom