• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Style Savvy Character (AKA Girls Mode, AKA Style Boutique)

Chance: 4%
Nintendo's foray into the girls' fashion and simulation games is a game that revolves around making people happy, sort of like a more focused Animal Crossing. So like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer we have a non-fighting character... (however, the developer, Syn Sophia, is well known for making pro wrestling games as well. Also, they develop the Pretty series which is a rival to Bandai Namco's Aikatsu series. This probably has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted to point it out.) Compared to Villager and Wii Fit Trainer it's not quite as famous but it did at least get some content in For WiiU.

Want: 27%
Nothing against the idea. Would probably play her.

Noms
All to Terry Bogard

Predict:
Scorpion 4.9%

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Finally, a day for someone I actually nominated.

Style Savvy character
Chance: 20%
While not high, I do think it's plausible in a Wii Fit Trainer-esque way. Style Savvy is actually a pretty successful series, it just doesn't get brought up much in Smash discussion because the fanbases have very little overlap. Considering it's still active, it wouldn't surprise me too much, though it probably doesn't have any chance for DLC.

Want: 92%
My #5 most-wanted. I can't call Style Savvy one of my favorite series, but I have enjoyed my time with it and would love to see a playable representative.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Style Savvy
Chance 3%
Before the Direct I probably would've given this a much higher score, but I'm not really expecting any new franchises
Want 65%
The idea appeals to me, I'd gladly welcome them

Prediction Scorpion 5%

Nominate no more stages xMax

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Style Savvy Character

Chance: 10: We don't have a ROB or a Wii Fit yet this year, so the door is still open a crack. If there was a game that didn't get one of those characters in though, it would be Ultimate it seems

Want: 10: Not totally against this character because I'm a fan of off the wall picks. I think there's other characters that are more well known that fit the WTF pick for this game though

Prediction: scorpion: 25

Nomination: Nathan Drake x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Style Savvy character

Chance: 10%
Not too low, as there is the potential we’ll get another WTF rep and casual rep rolled up into one. Style Savvy apparently sells really well.

Want: 90%
I love representing the obscure and unknown side of Nintendo. To me, Smash is only over when every single Nintendo IP is represented. Plus I love the idea of a fighting fashionista. Not 100 because there are others I’d like to see more and for whom it’s now or never, and spots are running out.

Scorpion prediction: he’ll probably be overrated, around a 19%

Nominations: NintenX5
RayX5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Style Savvy character chances: 0.2%
Style Savvy character want: 0%
It's a moderately popular series I guess? Anyway it's already hurt by the possibility of no more series unless she gets in without a stage. But overall it's not really the kind of series I'd expect to get a playable character in Smash due to being fairly niche and lacking significant demand. Unless I'm wrong and Sakurai REALLY sees the series as Smash material then the only way I imagine it happening is if he wants to throw us a curveball.

Also I don't find the idea appealing and it would feel like a curveball for the sake of it, not even one I could see as actually making a ton of sense in hindsight.

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x2
Concept: no more stages x4
Concept: Metroidvania-like adventure mode x4

If the double nomination period is already over then divide those nominations by two. Also I'm not going to participate in this thread the next four days unless my computer problems are solved.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Style Savvy character:

It’s kinda hard to rate because there’s not much going for it or against it it’s just kinda there. There’s definitely casual appeal and potential for a really fun joke character.

Chance: 4.5%
Want: 100%
Yes toss your purse at me omg

x5 Hanafuda character
x5 Gardevoir

D

Deleted member

Style Savvy character
Chance: 5%
Want: abstain

Barely relevant IP, and while a stylist-inpired moveset looks fun on paper, I don't see it happening.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Scorpion prediction: 3,23%

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Style Savvy Character

Uhhh...I suppose it's not impossible? You can't expect me to agree that it's a desired character, especially within the Smash community. I also don't believe that Style Savvy had the same reach that Wii Fit did, so might have a harder time justifying itself after the fact.

Fashion/designing games aren't a new concept, let alone one heralded by Nintendo, but they're persistent enough to at least be able to stake a presence.

Want: Abstain
I have a feeling that the only crowd who can judge properly if Style Savvy is worth representing is the one market that keeps this genre alive. I'm certainly no member of that, unfortunately for this discussion.

Prediction:
Scorpion:4.5%

Nominations:
Guzma x10

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Style Savvy Character

Chance: 1% - Limited roster spots make a newcomer from Style Savvy very, very unlikely.

Want: 0% - No interest.

Nominations: All to Deconfirmed Character DLC

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Style Savvy Character (Nintendo presents: Style Boutique series)
Chances: 71%
A bit of an odd number to give her in the end but I feel it does push through my main point; I think she has a really decent chance of being playable. A lot of seeming issues with this character's inclusion are non-issues (not a typical fighter has shown not to be an issue and may actually make for a more unique fighter, along with how plenty of other characters are base avatars/lack a specific name) and she can fill in some specific roles in terms of roster additions. She's unexpected and unusual, comes from typically feminine appealing series, and if my time on Nintendo Life's news section when new Style Boutique games were announced, is from a pretty popular series.​

Her biggest obstacle would likely be the ballot, but there is no certainty that the ballot will be used to define every single characters inclusion. After all, some of the characters we've come to love in smash are those we'd never have requested before, and I see Sakurai wanting to include some of his more odd choices, even if he might save them for DLC down the line (if we get DLC of course).​

Want: 59%
I love to see further Nintendo series represented and I love my wacky Nintendo additions that you just don't expect. The only reasons that Savvy Stylist (I believe that would be the best name for the character) is not higher in my Want rating is that I'm not typically a fan of avatar based characters and have other more casual-oriented series inclusions I'd prefer (Vince from Art Academy is in my top 10 most wanted after all). That's usually why you'll see a few of my Wanted characters only rate a little past 50, because the ones I really want, I want a heck of a lot more.​

Are we still allowed 10 nominations? If so, I shall continue my push for Fatal Frame Protagonist to be rated:
Nominations: x10 Fatal Frame Protagonist

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Abstain. I really don't know about this concept and I really don't care.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Style Savvy Character

Chance & Want: Abstain

A bizarre choice to be included as a playable character. Skimming through the pics I see online, it's just fashion. Nothing seems standoffish that makes it different from another fashion game. What would a fashion designer do if say one is included as an Assist Trophy?

Nominations
Rowlet x5
Black Knight as a boss character x5

D

Deleted member

Chance: Less than 1%
Want: Push
Opinion: Aside from the fact that Syn Sophia used to be AKI, who is arguably regarded as the pinnacle of wrestling games to the point that people still highlight WWF No Mercy & the Japanese titles that even incorporated MMA-style rules as playable today while the latest WWE 2K game is still being held together by a 20 year old code structure with no chance to improving given how WWE's more worried about "Missing Christmas" than building an actual game for an EVO-type tournament, I honestly don't see a Style Savvy character in any capacity in Smash Bros. Plus, it'd be kinda weird to see characters who exist to make styles and clothes going at it ala Def Jam: Fight for NY. It'd be an awesome kind of weird, but not one Sakurai would be willing to make an investment in.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Style Savvy character

Chance: 1%
Might be good option as a WTF like pick like the Wii Fit Trainer but I doubt we'll get a newcomer like that this time around. Their games also haven't sold anywhere close to the amound Wii Fit sold and they also don't have enough support to get in through the ballot.

Want: 0%
I'm clearly not in the right demographic for these games and there are better options when it comes to WTF characters to me.

Scorpion: 7.94%

Punch Out newcomer x10

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Style savvy Character

Chance/Want:0.5%
the only way of her being a character is either being a joke character. or an echo of a joke character I.E Wii Fit Trainer though I know almost nothing of the game other than its a fashion game for the few directs the game has been popping up. and correct me if I'm wrong this is a first party game right?

Nomination: Django x 10

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Style Savvy

It's not the most popular pick out there and when the newcomer roster is as slim as it is this time, a character really has to wow either Sakurai or the fans. I doubt this character can do that.

An obscure character from a game I have no interest in picking up, I'll pass.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Style Savvy Character
Chance - 15%
She has that shot of being the generally unwanted and unexpected character of this game. But with this game mostly seeming directed towards fanfare, I could see Sakurai far less likely to pull one of these out of the bag. I'm already doubtful on a Retro rep, let alone someone with very little fan pull with a peaceful and less inspiring for a fighting game move set.
Want - 9%
Not really keen on more accidentally hitting you characters, so I really hope they don't add her that way if they did. She could work... it'd just feel pretty forced. I don't think I'd hate her inclusion overall, I just think she'd be underwhelming.

Noms 10x Gardevoir

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Style Savvy actually began as a pretty popular IP, notably in Europe and Japan. That and Saavy having the moveset potential to become a distinct fighter with her abilities to use clothes and fashion for combat could entice Sakurai to make her playable. Although, when it comes to adding playable fighters from Nintendo's casual IPs, I only see Sakurai adding characters from these kinds of IPs that have sold phenomenally like Animal Crossing & Wii Fit. From the three SS games that have released prior to Ultimate's project plan and its declining game sales, I doubt we will be seeing Savvy as a fighter. We will probably just get music content from the series, just like the last Smash game.

--------

x10 Hanafuda character

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Style Savvy Character

Well, every Video Game character has a chance. However, despite working as a joke character or a WTF character, I don't know if she made a big enough impact on the ballot, or if she'd be one of Sakurai's unique picks.

Want: Abstain
I don't know enough of this game to see the true merits of a Style Savvy Character, nor is the Fashion game genre my cup of tea. But to those who want the character, more power to you.

Nomination: Amaterasu x10

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chance 4%
A good "WTF" choice but unlike G&W and R.O.B. doesn't have the history and unlike WFT doesn't have the massive sales. That said it's a fairly successful little first party IP that has succesfully encouraged a non-zero amount of new female players to get into gaming so it's not like a rep from the series would be a nobody. If another new IP gets a rep, Style Savvy is more relevant than most of them, including Golden Sun. Unlike Golden Sun though she doesn't have any obvious fan demand that crosses over with Smash. She could be very unique but I feel an AT is where any chance at Style Savvy rep is.

Nominate:
Amaterasu x10

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Style Savvy Character

Chance - 2.5% - WTF characters are inherently hard to pick, but at least she has some claim to be brought in. She's a good candidate for the female side of gaming, though admittedly the series is somewhat in a decline. With roster space as tight as it is, though, there may not even be a WTF character.

Want - 20% - Bleh. Not really into her. There are other WTF characters I'd rather have.

Prediction

Scorpion - 3.56% - Not super likely.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fashion Flash

The whole point of a WTF pick is one that comes out of nowhere. Ergo, it's difficult to predict if something will be one or not.

"We'll get a WTF pick!" is as relevant a rule as "We'll definitely get a retro!" or "Zelda's not getting any more characters!" - that is something that is a rule insofar as it just hasn't gotten broken. With limited roster space and a lot of care going into fanservice, it definitely makes those off-the-wall picks seem a lot less likely.

Style Savvy is one of those incredibly niche games that may have been chosen if half of the vets were going to be cut, but may just get stuck with a music theme and a trophy now. It's laser focused on a certain demographic, very little in the way of obvious moveset potential, and not entirely well known. It seems to be in competition with Rhythm Heaven for a non-fighter-weird-but-saccharine game rep, and RH probably is going to win that one.

As Smash Ultimate seems to have limited space, I'd favor more visible character in there over quota-filling "we need a WTF rep because it's WTF."

Nom:
- Dovahkiin x5
and I finally got a good concept, thanks to KMDP KMDP 's support analyses:​
- Newcomer with low support x5 (means a character gets in with less than 20 supporters on SmashBoards)

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Chance:
2%
Can´t really give it 0%, seeing how unpredictable Sakurai is. It also seems to sell well and could be a possible wtf character. Thoguh I am not even sure, if we will see any wtf Character at all. Most Newcomers so far were highly requested one. Likely that Sakurai focuses on Smash Ballot Characters. And even if we get a wtf Character, there are various more likely Options imo, like Labo Man and Geolyte.

Want:
0%
Not that I hate it, but I am just not the target demographic and have Zero interest.

Nom:
5x Fjorm

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Style Savvy character want: 1% (11-10*)

I was ready to give this character a 0% want score, but I checked out the moveset in the support thread, and I think it would be pretty great. I want to bop people in the face with a powder puff. Everyone should check it out.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x10

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Style Savvy Character

"Style Savvy Character would be an extremely random pick, Sakurai wouldn't go that far into left field" is what I wanted to say, then I remembered Wii Fit Trainer made the roster of Smash 4, so I guess it could happen. I seriously doubt it will though.

Not much to say here, just have no interest in seeing Style Savvy Character in Smash

Nominations:
Silvally x5
Zeraora x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining for today.

------

Predictions

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat): 2.23%

An iconic fighting-game character, but not exactly the most requested.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Style Savvy Character

Chance: 5%

This would have been higher prior to Ultimate's big reveal. Style Savvy a fairly notable, relevant, ongoing series. It's also a less obvious choice with a pretty specific demographic and I doubt there's too much demand for it here. It feels like a decent choice for a possible "WTF?" type of newcomer, but honestly, given the direction this game seems to be taking I kind of doubt we're getting one at this point.

Eh, nah. I think the series should maybe get something more, but the idea of a character from it has never appealed to me. I'd rather it get represented in other ways.

Nominations: Gardevoir x10

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Style Savvy Character
Chance: 0.1% Yes, the comparison to Wii Fit is there. However, the comparison falls apart when looking at sales data. Wii Fit sold 22 million copies, compared to Style Savvy's 2 million. That number isn't shabby, but I don't think it's enough. Then again, compared to other series we support, that number is huge.

For comparison, Sales Data from most successful game in the series from VG Chartz:
Chibi-Robo: 0.39 million
Advance Wars: 0.70 million
Earthbound: 0.81 million
Xenoblade: 1.07 million
Pikmin: 1.63 million
Golden Sun: 1.76 million
Kid Icarus: 1.76 million
Fire Emblem: 2.10 million
Style Savvy: 2.58 million
Rhythm Heaven: 3.12 million
Kirby: 5.13 million
Big Brain Academy: 6.63 million
Zelda: 7.67 million
Donkey Kong: 9.3 million
Animal Crossing: 12.14 million
Brain Age: 20.13 million
Wii Fit: 22.70 million
Pokemon: 31.37 million
Mario: 40.24 million

My point is that Wii Fit was ridiculously successful, especially while SSB4 was in development. Style Savvy has had declining numbers since its first game, selling 0.83 million for its second most successful game. That puts it more in the range of Sakurai needs to really enjoy the game to put it in. Frankly, I don't see him playing Style Savvy.

Want: 0% Yes, it would be a new Nintendo series, but it would just be too random for my taste. Wii Fit Trainer was funny because everyone knew who she was. A fashion designer? Not so much.

Nominating No More Stages x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Abstaining today. I don’t get fashion irl so this characters games are super foreign to me.

Rate Scorpion, predict Medusa and Tapu Koko.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Walk Walk Fashion Baby~
With how the characters seem to be chosen this time around, I don't think it's all too likely that they'd go for a character so outside of the typical Smash choices, especially one so overtly feminine.
Want: 100%
I'd just adore a Style Savvy character in Smash. Nothing would bring me more joy than destroying Ridley and K.Rool with a fashionista.

Nominate: 9-volt x10

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Scorpion
Chance 1%
I fully believe we've seen every stage, and that means no more third party
Want 15%
I think I listed him in my 10 third party characters, but he was 10. Still I'd rather him over Heihachi

Prediction
Medusa 12%
Tapu Koko 19% (I'm looking forward to this one)

Nominate no more stages xMax

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Scorpion

Let's be honest here... Smash is generally directed towards the younger audience. That being said, I just can't see Sakurai putting in a character from a series famous for its violence. Sure we have Snake and Bayonetta that come from rated M games, but their games are nowhere near the level of violence MK is. Even if Scorpion was put in and censored to death, his inclusion would still leave a bad taste in many parent's mouths. Aside from that, I don't think Scorpion is that heavily requested in Japan.

Want: 10%
Third party slots are limited and Scorpion would feel really out of place with the rest of the fighters (for the record I also think Bayo doesn't fit in at all). Could still be interesting to have though due to MK's role in videogame history.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x10

Predictions:
Medusa: 17.92%
Tapu Koko: 6.98%

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
scorpion:

Chance: 40: Most of the bigger names in fighting video games have a rep in, which makes me feel like scorpion has a shot. The amount of gore in MK has my grade a lot lower though

Want: 80: Feel like there is a way to get scorpion in the game without making him too watered down or too gory for smash, and I'd really like to see Mortal Kombat get a rep. He might have to be DLC to not effect the rating, but either way I'd like to have him in.

Nomination: Nathan Drake x 10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten x263
Django x255
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x245
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x235
Rowlet x235
Concept: Hanafuda Character x232
Thwomp x226

Over 200

Linkle x225
Terry Bogard x217
Ray x213
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x205

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x183
Papyrus x180
Louie x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Tsubasa Oribe x155
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Gardevoir x135
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Nathan Drake x130
Barbara x122
Jin Kazama x120
Item: Beast Ball x118
Klonoa x117
2B x116
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Rick/Coo/Kine x114
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x110
No More Stages x110
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x92
Edelgard x90
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x88
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x85
Fjorm x85
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x85
Amaterasu x85
Zeraora (Pokemon) x79
Dovahkiin x75
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Frank West x60
Slime x58
Chorus Kids x56
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Guzma (Pokémon) x40
Reimu Hakurei x40
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Black Knight as a boss character x35
Earthworm Jim x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) x25

Under 25

Adeleine x24
Master Chief x20
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sans as a boss character x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Silvally x15
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x14
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia x5
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Concept: newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Diskun x1

Bit of a shakeup for the top seven today. Hanafuda character hops to sixth place, kicking Linkle out.

Terry Bogard and Concept: Deconfirmed characters as DLC join the over 200 club. At the rate they’re climbing the top 7 should consider themselves threatened.

No More Stages breaks past 100 noms.

Earthworm Jim flies past the 25-nomination mark.

We have a new concept, courtesy of the First Avenger himself, CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica : Newcomer with low support (meaning somebody getting in with less than 20 supporters on Smashboards). Personally I think this is already confirmed with Richter, so I leave it up to TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom whether it’s allowed, but it could always become another newcomer with low support.

Also a smart guy a smart guy you shouldn’t put too much stock on vgchartz, they’re full of ****.

Top Bottom