• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Cranky Kong

Chance: 25%

I kind of think we'll get a DK newcomer this time around, and I think Cranky is one of the three with a decent chance at the base roster, along with the obvious two (sorry Funky, maybe DLC). He's always been part of the Country games, and he was even upgraded to playable in Tropical Freeze. I could feasibly see him catching Sakurai's eye. His main con is of course his competition. K. Rool isn't that relevant currently, but he's extremely popular and almost certainly did very well in the ballot, and that could definitely help him overcome his lack of recency. And then there's Dixie, who's also highly requested AND also appeared in Tropical Freeze, so she really does overshadow Cranky there. I think it's possible that Sakurai might just like the idea of Cranky more, but ultimately I feel Dixie's the strong frontrunner, and then I feel K. Rool's high popularity gives him a slight edge over Cranky. There is a chance we'll get more than one of them, so he gets an extra boost.

Want: 30%

I don't know. I love Cranky, he's my third favorite DK character behind K Rool and Dixie, but...well besides the fact that he's still behind those two, I've always kind of preferred him as a funny NPC honestly? Like even his Tropical Freeze appearance didn't actually excite me a whole lot, nor did it really sell me on him as a fighter. Personally, I think I'm in the group that'd rather have him either as the next codec giver or as an assist trophy just complaining about everything. That'd be pretty entertaining. I'm still not completely against him, of course, since I do love the character. At the very least, I'd take him over Funky.

Brash the meme

DOUBLE ZEROES

I don't think I ever found this to be that funny. It's time to find a new joke choice.

Gengar prediction: 8.57%
Yarne & Owain prediction: 0%

Nominations: Meowth x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Cranky Kong
Chance: 15%
Unfortunately for him, he has competition with both Dixie and K. Rool. But anything is possible, so he could make it in before one of them.
Want: 25%
I prefer K. Rool, but us Cranky Kong and K. Rool fans need to stick together.

Brash The Friggin' Bear
Chance: 0.01%
Yeah.
Want: 99%
Bears are cool.

Gengar prediction: 8%
Yarne/Owain Tag Team prediction: 1% (Cranky and K. Rool tag team when?)
Noms: Eevee x5

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Cranky Kong has more notable appearances than Dixie Kong, let alone Funky Kong. Dixie has 3 games that are not remakes/cameos/spin offs with DKC2, DKC3, and Tropical Freeze. Cranky gets all the DKCs, though an NPC role is arguably less important then being playable. Still, Cranky is in DKC1, DK64, and Returns with decent roles while Dixie is in none of them. Jungle Climber and King of Swing, he's an important NPC with lots of dialogue while Dixie just gets to cameo for 2 seconds. He also gets credit for the DK Arcade games. As of late, he finally made his first playable appearance in a mainline DK game and Nintendo made a big deal out of it at E3. Cranky is more important overall than Dixie, not that that's a super common opinion because Dixie has been immortalized by a decade of Smash Bros speculation.

Cranky Kong Chance - 25%: Dixie Kong still has the edge over him because of requests and having been considered before. The only way he gets in is if Sakurai passionately hates K. Rool as a second DK newcomer, in which case he's a lot more likely than people might realize.

Cranky Kong Want - 90%: Cranky Kong is a hilarious, very memorable character that a lot of people can relate to nowadays. The only reason this wouldn't be 100 is K. Rool's existence, but I'd still like a world where he and K. Rool get in. I personally don't find Dixie very exciting by comparison.

Brash the Bear Chance/Want - 0%: Joke character. He's in one game and any remakes it has as a very unimportant NPC. All he does is angrily pound his desk. I guess it's implied he did a race with an awful easy to beat time off camera. It's funny and all now, but if it actually happened it would be really terrible if it was over the other DK characters.

Nominate Fawful x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Cranky Kong

Tropical Freeze shows that he is capable of fighting, and the same game also gives him some relevancy. He's also quite iconic for a Donkey Kong character on his own, with multiple game appearances and even the status of being the original Donkey Kong. Sadly, competition with the likes of Dixie Kong and K. Rool are tough obstacles to overcome.

Want: 40%

His stick can lead to some interesting moves, especially if they gave him some kind of immunity to spikes using it in a way like Tropical Freeze. Beyond that, I can't say I'm that interested in him.

------

Brash the Bear

Chance and Want:

^That's a zero behind the title name.

Regarding Chance:

A minor NPC character with little to no requests for Smash? Yeah, not happening.

Regarding Want:

I have zero interest. Not much else to say.

------

Predictions

Gengar (Pokemon): 6.39%

Popular, but its lacking on the relevancy side.

Yarne & Owain: 0.00%

They aren't even the main characters of their game, nor are they pivotal to their game's story.

-----

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong
Chance: 7%
Certainly non-zero, but I doubt he'd get in before Dixie and K. Rool. He's got some potential but those two have more, are more popular, and are more requested.

Want: 10%
Eh...Even if we had Dixie and K. Rool, I can't say I'd want Cranky. He doesn't appeal to me much, but it's possible he'd have a fun moveset.

Nominate Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Cranky Kong want: 0% (1-10*)

Kind of funny, but the things he could do could be done by more interesting/popular characters. Shovel Knight could do the pogo thing, and nothing else is very novel.

Brash want: 0%

I checked out the SSB4 support thread for him. His moveset would be fighting with a log, having a tantrum that shakes the ground or something, borrowing barely-interesting moves from his brothers, and "stuff that a bear could do."

Nominations:

FI Spear User x5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Cranky Kong

Faces far too much competition from King K. Rool and Dixie Kong to be likely since a third newcomer in a single series (excluding clones) has yet to occur. Despite his relevancy and his good moveset potential, he likely will not be making into the next Smash. He is still iconic, though, for being the first Donkey Kong.

Want: Abstain

Never played a single Donkey Kong game ever. It would be hilarious to fight as an old ape against characters who are mostly in their primes.

Brash the Bear

Chance and Want: Abstain

Um, who is this? I have not heard of this character until I saw the schedule for the last week before E3 discussion here.

Predictions:
Gengar: 6.11%
Yarne and Owain: 0.08%

Nominations:
All-Star Versus x5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cranky Kong

Chance: 25%

Cranky is the one Kong with historical significance being the original Donkey Kong, just that he is more senile and older. He's got competition with K Rool Dixie and even Funky too

Tropical Freeze at least gives him some moveset potential for a full moveset and there's more to work with.

Want: 100%

Who wouldn't want him? He wants to be a star and be as big as Mr Bean.

He's gonna be a Smash and he was made for it.

God Brash the Bear

Chance: 0%

Too minor of a character

Want: 90%

Hell yeah I'd want him. We need more bears in Smash

Gengar prediction: 6%

Yarne & Owain prediction: 0%

Nominations: Ayumi Tachibana

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I would say Cranky Kong is the most likely character from the Donkey Kong Country series. Him, DK, & Diddy are the most prominent members of the cast, appearing in every single installment of the series (with the exception of the Donkey Kong Land ports).

Of course, being a recurring character doesn't make you a likely character, but with his cane and potions, he's definitely a unique choice and a popular character with A LOT of personality. Especially since he's an old man taking on the other heroes. I'm sure he'd have plenty to say about the other Nintendo characters. Maybe he can have his own trophy description for the other fighters, kind of like Louie's logs in Pikmin 2.

Chance: 80%
Want: 80%

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Cranky Kong Chance: 35%

More likely than not? I dunno. I think Dixie and K. Rool both have places in line before him. With him becoming more prominent in the franchise in the past few years, however, his chances are raising up. If K. Rool continues to be left behind in the dust, Cranky may even get in before him.

Legitimately one of my most wanted newcomers. Respect your elders, folks. Cranky would be loads of fun in Smash, especially if he continued to put that cane of his to good, clever use.

Brash the Friggin' Bear Chance: 0.1%

Literally only because he's a Nintendo character. Nothing else is even remotely in Brash's favor to bring him into the Smash scene.

Want: 0%

I certainly don't dislike this joke, but the thought of him being in the game in reality is not a pleasant one to me.

Nominations: Tetra x5

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Cranky Kong has more notable appearances than Dixie Kong, let alone Funky Kong. Dixie has 3 games that are not remakes/cameos/spin offs with DKC2, DKC3, and Tropical Freeze. Cranky gets all the DKCs, though an NPC role is arguably less important then being playable. Still, Cranky is in DKC1, DK64, and Returns with decent roles while Dixie is in none of them. Jungle Climber and King of Swing, he's an important NPC with lots of dialogue while Dixie just gets to cameo for 2 seconds. He also gets credit for the DK Arcade games. As of late, he finally made his first playable appearance in a mainline DK game and Nintendo made a big deal out of it at E3. Cranky is more important overall than Dixie, not that that's a super common opinion because Dixie has been immortalized by a decade of Smash Bros speculation.

Cranky Kong Chance - 25%: Dixie Kong still has the edge over him because of requests and having been considered before. The only way he gets in is if Sakurai passionately hates K. Rool as a second DK newcomer, in which case he's a lot more likely than people might realize.

Cranky Kong Want - 90%: Cranky Kong is a hilarious, very memorable character that a lot of people can relate to nowadays. The only reason this wouldn't be 100 is K. Rool's existence, but I'd still like a world where he and K. Rool get in. I personally don't find Dixie very exciting by comparison.

Brash the Bear Chance/Want - 0%: Joke character. He's in one game and any remakes it has as a very unimportant NPC. All he does is angrily pound his desk. I guess it's implied he did a race with an awful easy to beat time off camera. It's funny and all now, but if it actually happened it would be really terrible if it was over the other DK characters.

Nominate Fawful x5
Sakurai's not a little kid. Him choosing one character over another is not indicative of him hating that character. Rosalina & Luma were early additions and Bowser Jr was almost cut. That's not because Sakurai hates Bowser Jr. It was most likely because Rosalina was a much more unique fighter.

Popularity isn't everything. Characters need to provide more than that. Every character has a multitude of things in their arsenal that could be made into a move set, but it really has to come out as something that truly no other character can do. And that's where King K. Rool and Dixie Kong fail in my opinion.

And seeing people support characters on video game forums is not a reliable way of measuring requests and popularity. Almost nobody even mentioned Bayonetta on Smashboards as apposed to King K. Rool, Ridley, or Waddle Dee who are some of the most talked about characters on this site or on IGN and YouTube for that matter, and yet Bayonetta beat them all in ballot requests.

And also, Cranky Kong being canonically the original Donkey Kong does not grant him any of those merits or credentials. Cranky Kong's merits and credentials are limited to the games where he appears as Cranky Kong.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sakurai's not a little kid. Him choosing one character over another is not indicative of him hating that character. Rosalina & Luma were early additions and Bowser Jr was almost cut. That's not because Sakurai hates Bowser Jr. It was most likely because Rosalina was a much more unique fighter.

Popularity isn't everything. Characters need to provide more than that. Every character has a multitude of things in their arsenal that could be made into a move set, but it really has to come out as something that truly no other character can do. And that's where King K. Rool and Dixie Kong fail in my opinion.

And seeing people support characters on video game forums is not a reliable way of measuring requests and popularity. Almost nobody even mentioned Bayonetta on Smashboards as apposed to King K. Rool, Ridley, or Waddle Dee who are some of the most talked about characters on this site or on IGN and YouTube for that matter, and yet Bayonetta beat them all in ballot requests.

And also, Cranky Kong being canonically the original Donkey Kong does not grant him any of those merits or credentials. Cranky Kong's merits and credentials are limited to the games where he appears as Cranky Kong.
If you can't see anything unique about the only viable heavyweight newcomer filled with tons of traps and such, then I can't help you. Donkey Kong is very obligated to have a character (whether or not it's K. Rool) given it's recent performance, and K. Rool's popularity has been acknowledged through the mii costume when there is little to no other reason for it to be there.

Cranky Kong is still a very prolific DK character without being arcade DK, though could still reference those titles at the least in his moveset, whether or not it "helps him."

andimidna

Smash Master
Cranky:

The obvious 3rd pick after Dixie and K Rool and before Funky imo. His cane is decently interesting in his game, but Greninja and Link already do that bounce thing with their down airs. Sure, it could be made different, but it doesn’t seem like much to build a whole moveset around or really a key aspect at all here. Unless they used it as a tool to keep him in the air and made him like a 2nd Jigglypuff as an almost pure “air fighter”
Obviously he can harken back to old stuff, but at the end of the day, everyone had been asking for Dixie and K Rool for a long time now and we still have neither, and I don’t think I can say I expect both, or either for that matter
One’s got a good shot, but not certain
Chance: 5%
Want: 55%
Sure, he’s funny. I used to be more on board for this but it’s just not his time yet. Priorities

Other: abstain

Gengar prediction: 5%
Hm wow so many iconic Pokémon with the star power that don’t stand a chance. Especially from the first gen. If we were gonna go back in time like that, my money would be on Eevee or Meowth, not Gengar, Snorlax, etc
Owairne prediction: 0.05%
Lmao I remember this

x5 Eevee

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Cranky Kong
Chance - 20%
He's been around for awhile and does hold his own weight. One could argue Dixie and King K Rool before him, but their continued absence may be an indication they are both being passed on. So maybe Cranky gets his butt into the mix instead.
Want - 50%
He's a pretty solid character and would fill that cranky old person cliche. But there is a part of me that think Dixie deserves it more, that King K Rool would shake the DK cast up the more, and that Funky Kong could rival him as the quirky addition. So he'd be cool, but I think the other three may be able to pull off stuff better than him.

Nominations 5x Monster Hunter

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Crankey Dong

He's a just appeared as a Rabbid in Mario and Rabbids. Maybe he'll show up as Rabbid Crankey in Smash.

Want: 50%
I was gonna rate him lower but I just realized I would really like a Rabbid Crankey.

Nominations;
Dragonite x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Cranky Kong

Chance: 20%
About as likely to get in as any decent DK candidate behind K.Rool and Dixie. A long history, distinct character, and possibly-interesting playstyle might entice Sakurai to choose him before the others, but it'd still be a tough deal to push through with.

As far as consistent side-character candidates go, he's a little up there. A good idea might be all it'd take to make him playable - he'd certainly need it.

Brash the Bear

Chance: 0.1%
Too many other DK reps to consider, and so far down that popularity pole that the very depths that he reaches makes him memetic. An anthropomorphic bear in a jogger's get-up does not inspire moveset potential.

At least Blue Bowser had a boss fight. Being someone who exists only to unlock a shortcut is pretty dang sad.

Predictions:
Gengar: 4.5%
Yarne/Owain: 0.2%

Nominations:
Takumi x5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Cranky
Chance 15%
Want 0%

He’s not unrealistic but not the first I’d expect either, I’m not very fond of him tbh.

Brash
Chance/Want 0%

A very unlikely character and he’s been absent for a really long time.

x5 Arcade Bunny

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Cranky Kong

I could see him getting in over other kongs and maybe even K. Rool, but at the very least along side K. Rool. I can't be too sure though, as he, dixie and Funky all got equal parts in the latest DKC game, so I guess it's anyone's game.

He'd be alright, but I'd honestly rather have Funky Kong and K. Rool as the new DK reps.

Brash

Chance and want: ABSTAIN

Nominations: Louie x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

Just wanted to say Bayonetta was picked as 1 in Europe but only number 5 in North America so we don't know the other 4 that she was behind it could have been ridley,king k rool and ridley besides we don't know what makes a fighter more "relizable and negotable".

Cranky kong
chance
DK reps are overcrowded you have King K rool, Dixie and Funky to go against. Not only that but it seems that Dk series isn't a high pritorty so if we were to get only one rep more from Dk I justdon't think cranky will make the cut.
5%
want
Nope not interested in having him playable in smash. I love the codec idea and all that but I will my most wanted charcter is King K Rool so I would rather not have anyone get in the way but yeah love this times codec to be cranky.
1%

Brash the Bear
chance and want 1%
yeah no the guy has only been in one game for one thing. I really wish he would have rated someone else instead as this guy isn't even worth discussing

nominating Labo guy x5

Predicitng
gengar 8%
owanie 3%

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Cranky Kong & Literally Who?

Chances: 50% & No Seriously Who?
Cranky being a character in DKCTF puts his chances pretty high. The only thing holding back DK reps in Smash 4 was the lack of a game with anyone but Diddy and DK. but with the return of Cranky, I can easily see him and Dixie bumping up the representation. Maybe even K Rool would get added.

Want: 60% & Is he like a cereal mascot or something?
Cranky could be a fun character, attacking with his can and maybe even throwing some barrels similar to his (not sure if still canon) OG appearance as the original DK. But the most likely scenario is that Cranky just gets his cane and attacks with that in some less than inspired way, which would be disappointing.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok since I got some personal stuff to deal with today I won’t have calcs ready yet. Please rate Gengar and Yarne/Owain Tag Team in Chance and want and predict Masked Link and B B Bandit Trio for tomorrow.

Oh right my scores

Cranky
20% chance
100% Want

Dixie and K Rool are near locks on my eyes. While the old man has a chance, the other two need to come first. It honestly will be great to see him throw barrels like old school dk, shootings dentures, and being a nuisance.

Brash

Double 0s

Just some fun for me at least making people go through some joke days before E3. We all know Brash is a bad little boy.

Nominating Eevee x 5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Gengar

Chance: 0.01%

Would make no sense to be added. If we're getting a Gen 1 newcomer to promote the Let's Go games it will be Eevee, who already isn't happening IMO. We're getting a Gen 7 mon this time around.

Want: ABSTAIN

Double zeros for the FE tag team. I've never heard about them till yesterday. So that should be saying something on how relevant and popular they are.

Masked Link: 4.69%
Bandit Trio: 0.98%

Leon Kennedy x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Gengar Chance 0%: He's not from the latest gen which is almost assuredly getting a new Pokemon. Even for gen 1 Pokemon, the starters and Meowth are ahead of him.

Gengar Want 17.5%: Gengar is a long standing fan favorite and I'm one of those people who likes him. He's the original ghost, and still the most popular ghost and one of the most popular Pokemon in general. Pretty sure more people know who Gengar is than a lot of other supposedly "famous" characters.

Abstain on Yarne/Owain Tag Team.

Nominate Fawful x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:094:

Chance: 1%

Wait, which is the throwaway character today?

Gengar’s never been the most popular Pokémon. He’s not unpopular, but he isn’t anywhere near the upper echelons when compared to the likes of starters or legendaries.

Add to that that his biggest breakout was Pokken, since he’s a generic ghost in the games (and Haunter is also a well known ghost type as he played a bigger role in the anime) and the fact that he’s first gen, which a lot of people are tires of seeing. I like gen 1, so bring it on...but start with all of our vets
:025::150::007::002::006::039:
And by that point, that’s a lot of gen 1

Prediction for Young Link: 3.4%
Nom: Transformation x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gengar
He doesn't fall in with how Sakurai and GameFreak pick Pokémon characters. That being said, I love Gengar.

Owain and Yarne Team
Not main characters, no canon basis for a team up, and Yarne is unpopular.

Want: 99%
Took off a point because of Yarne.

But Owain? Owain is legitimately great. He's a Large Ham to end all Large Hand, dramatically referring to himself as Owain Dark, Scion of Legend. But beneath the bravado he's a nice guy, I mean he screams out attack names for each of his moves. And the attack names are the names of Fire Emblem games. How great is that?

Also he's Chrom's nephew and that means my want scores are affected by nepotism.

Predicting a 2.2 for Young Link.
Nominating K. Rool x5

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Double zeros for the FE tag team. I've never heard about them till yesterday. So that should be saying something on how relevant and popular they are.
Well, it certainly tells me you never played the game. In fact, Owain was so popular they brought him back for Fates. Seriously, this argument of "I've never heard of them so they won't be in" is pure garbage. Half the roster was introduced to me and I'm sure many others in Smash. I can understand not knowing a character affecting want but it has no business being a part of a character's chance.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y/O: chance 0%, want 0%
Gengar: chance 0% want 80%

How did Yarne/Owain even get to this point? It's so overly specific I can't imagine anyone asking for it.
If you thought about it for more than a second, you'd easily see it's a zero percent chance of even coming close to getting in.

They are optional minor side characters who have never worked together from a game that already has 2 representatives with zero character depth or importance to the main overaching plot.
Needless to say, their chances of getting in are a big fat zero.

As for want, also a fat zero.
Owain's got his quaint chuuni personality, but honestly, I've never been a fan of that and after a very short while they begin to grate with their humor factor steadily dropping and their annoyance steadily rising.
Yarne's a pathetic crybaby and neither his personality nor story expand at all beyond that.

As for Gengar, I don't see it ever happening. He's nonimportant, not really marketable anymore, and Sakurai's on a streak of only promoting new and recent Pokemon and characters that aren't relevant or retro are always left in the dust.
Which is a shame since he's such a fun and goofy character. Pokken really capitalizes on that bit of personality and has him doing ridiculous things and really exploiting the fact that he's a ghost who can sink through the ground or teleport or whatever.

Prediction: Masked Link 30% (I'm optimistic)
Nominate: SMT protagonist x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh wow, I mean, I get Yarne is the joke character this time, but feels funny to have two characters that will get pretty low scores.

Gengar

Popular, but hard to consider it seriously because of how Pokémon Company and Sakurai seems to select the next playable Pokémon... At least being a Gen 1 it's a benefit.

Want: 55%

Not my favorite Pokémon, but I like it a lot.

Yarne/Owain Tag Meme Racing

Chance and Want: 0%

This is ridiculous in every possible way, the character selected to represent this concept, the simple idea of a tag team with these guys and how unpopular is one of them (Yarne)... and I dislike Yarne (at least it would be fun to play with Owain).

Predictions:

Masked Link... Wait... Are we talking about a Fan character that only Koei seems to recognize as a character?... Oh well...

Masked Link: 3.4% (BecauseiknowsomehowthiswillendedupwithahigherscorethanMicaiahyouweirdos)
B.B. Trio: 0.96% (I remember when this meme character was first nominated in the RTCs thread from 2015... it was weird day).

Nominations:

Leon Kennedy x3
Neptune (Neptune/Neptunia Series) x2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gengar
Chance 0%
Want 0%
I feel he would be a cool ghost type pokeball pokemon, but as a character, i dont think so. Im also not a fan of the him.
Yarne/Owain Tag Team
Chance 0%
Want 25%
While i love awakening, and i love these 2 characters, i think there would be too much awakening rep if we got this. I wouldn't mind a diffrent tag team from fire emblem, but this is a no for now.

Noms-
Klonoa x 2
Sable prince x3

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Gengar

Chance-3%
Never too popular, but never unpopular. TPC also probably would stray way from him, since they are more focused on advertising the hot new pokemon. Unless there's a Gengar movie or something I don't see him happening.

Want-75%
Pretty much only because he is my little brothers most wanted character, so it would make him very happy. Thats about all I got for Gengar.

Yarne and Owian

Chance- 0.5%
It's already unlikely to see either of these Fire Emblem heroes, but to see them together I see is even more unlikely. If anything, I think we will see the main character of the next Fire Emblem or Alm/Celica.

Want-0%
Not a fan of Fire Emblem. These would be another case of "who?" for me like when Corrin was added.

Masked Link-5.32%
Bandit Trio- 2.32%

Scorpion X 4
Thwomp X 1

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Gengar

Gengar in Pokken doesn't increase or decrease his chances of getting in. Neither game is obligated to share the same playable Pokemon. I don't want another playable Pokemon from Kanto in Smash.

Owain & Yarne

Excuse me what? Owain & Yarne?! Owain doesn't even have a support conversation with the guy. I'm pretty sure Owain is more desired than forcing a tag team gimmick onto him. If the nonexistent quota demands it, it should Owain & Inigo. At least Inigo actually traveled with Owain to the world of Fates. Yarne is just too busy thinking of new ways of not getting himself killed. Smash would be the last place Yarne would ever want to be in. Wait... was this joke nominee done before or is it piggybacking off of that Imgur thing claiming Geno & Mallow are playable in Smash as a tag team? Because that one is just as ridiculous.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Gengar & Owain/Yarne
Chances: 0w0 What's this?

It's two (really 3) characters that won't be happening. Gengar is popular, yeah, that's pretty obvious. But how relevant is he at this point, the answer is not at all. No anime relevance, no game relevance, not being promoted by TPC. And going by past experience, relevance is a strong factor for Pokemon newcomers.

I know that Owain is one of the 3 most popular Awakening children, so much so that he was shoehorned into Fates and included in Warriors. But similarly to Pokemon, relevance is a key factor for FE characters, or more so who is the lord/main character of the most recent game. Owain is neither of those, and Yarne is not relevant, popular, a lord or main character in any FE game. He wasn't in Fates, he wasn't in Warriors and he's not even in Heroes. Now acknowledging all these cons and why in the world would either be included on their own let alone made into a duel character? It would be extremely random as the two aren't even known to be closely connected in any canon way beyond being from the same timeline. There are far more likley FE characters like Lyn, Celica, Alm, and the FE 16 lord/main character.

Want: Double 0
I really don't care about Gengar, and I have made my personal most wanted Pokemon rep pretty clear. But even if restricted to a gen one Pokemon (which needs no more representation), Gengar isn't what I would call my most wanted. There are a couple which I would rather have, Raichu probably being to most wanted Gen 1 Pokemon (he's even more relevant than Gengar).

Owain and Yarne especially were not really my favorite children in Awakening. Owain I liked but wasn't my favorite, Yarne I outright got just to say I had all the children and never used him. I would rather see Lyn or Hector as a new FE rep.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Gengar

he sees to be somewhat of a fan favorite, but not as much as the other genwun pokemon already in smash, which is another thing against him, he'd be yet another first generation pokemon added to the already sizable 4/6 pokemon. He also has all of Gen 7 to compete with, primarily Tapu Koko, buzzwole, mimikyu, incineroar and lycanroc. His chances really aren't good.

He'd be alright I guess. He could have an interesting ghost type moveset, but I have other pokemon I'd rather have, like Tapu Koko, Necrozma or Buzzwole.

Owain and Yarne Team

First of all, I don't see Fire Emblem getting a newcomer this gen AT ALL. Sakurai has heard the backlash and agrees with it, as well as the new FE game for switch just being WAY too late to include anything for it. On top of that, both characters are quite unimportant to the series, so delving back into previous titles to add characters that aren't the protagonist of a new game is far from likely.

I really could not care less about fire emblem. I won't say I dislike it, but the obvious bias towards it in smash 4, as well as the fans of the series can make it almost unbearable to be someone who ISN'T a fan of it. The fact that people are still clamoring for more FE characters is baffling and quite insulting towards anyone who is a fan of an underrepped series. So if anything, I'd rather there at the very least be a villain from an FE game become playable, but if not that, than nothing at all. The series doesn't deserve any more characters for a while now.

Nomination: Louie x5

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Gengar:
Double 0 - Really random choices.

Yarne/Owain Tag Team:
Abstain - I know nothing about them.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gengar's only merits for inclusion seem to be "It's in Pokken" and being somewhat popular. Plus, Gengar has competition with several gen VII Pokémon and Eevee, making it pretty unlikely.
Want: 25%
Not my preferred Pokémon newcomer choice, but Gengar's still cool.

Robin's Final Smash But As It's Own Character
The FE tag team mechanic is already represented as Robin's Final Smash, making this character pointless. There's also the fact that the two people being involved in this are a Somewhat Popular Minor Character and a Literally Who.
Am I allowed to give negative ratings?

MM Link prediction: 4%
BBB prediction: 0%
Noms: Dr. Mario x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Well, it certainly tells me you never played the game. In fact, Owain was popular enough they brought him back for Fates. Seriously, this argument of "I've never heard of them so they won't be in" is pure garbage. Half the roster was introduced to me and I'm sure many others in Smash. I can understand not knowing a character affecting want but it has no business being a part of a character's chance.
Okay, maybe I should've worded that better. They aren't getting into Smash because I've never seen them getting requested anywhere, atleast not this specific duo. So I assume they're some obscure request only wanted by an amount of people I can count on my hands.

There are also numerous other reasons the FE fans in this thread are giving on why they won't be included so the 0% is staying, sorry.:p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Want: 35%

It's one of the few iconic Pokémon which aren't a Legendary/Starter/Movie star.
It would also have a neat moveset potential.
Gen 1 fatigue though.

Yarne/Owain pair

...W h a t ?

Noms:
Female announcer x5

Masked Link prediction: 10.23%
B.B Bandit trio (who?) prediction: 1.51%

Groose

Smash Champion
Gengar:
0% chance
100% want
One of my favorite Pokemon. I've had a Gengar wallet for years :D ... that said, I don't see why they'd include him outside of a Pokeball! I think a 0 is justified since I don't see them adding any more than 2 new Pokemon at maximum, and there are dozens more likely to make it.

Yarne/Owain Tag-Team:
0% chance
10% want
Seeing this idea again reminded me fondly of when someone nominated it for this thread pre-Smash 4. Thanks for the memories. :] I'd like it a tad just for the absurdity, but even though I've grown to love Awakening, I don't really care for either of these characters.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Gengar

Chance: 2%

Unfortunately there's already a lot of gen 1 characters in Pokemon which really hurts Gengar. And even if there were mre gen1 Pokemon it would be the return of Squirtle and Ivysaur. That said though Gengar is one of my favourite Pokemon so I'd be for it.

Owain and Yarn

He's a cat now?

Joking aside,

Chance and Want: 0%

The pair up already exists as Robin's final smash and I don't there any more characters from Awakening.

Please, no more FE characters. If there was one make it someone from Juggdral or Sacred Stones.

MM Link Prediction: 5.77%
BBB Prediction: 0.77%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gengar

Chance: 9%
The newbie boom and new prevalence of Gen 1 helps him somewhat, but he also faces competition from Eevee, Meowth and the return of Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Want: 50%
Wouldn’t mind it.

Hardy har
Chance 0%
It should be less than zero. Neither of them stand a chance on their own, and being together is so specific that it substracts chance.

Abstain from want
I like them so I can’t say zero, but the idea is so dumb into doesn’t deserve even a 1.

Predictions: Seeing people lowball Masked Link pretty hard so I’ll go along similar lines, but I plan on rating him pretty high.
11%

The joke character I don’t know about (is it the Black Blood Gang from Mother?): 0.0001%

Nominations: Prince SableX5

Top Bottom