• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Masked Link
Chance - 3%
Like Gengar, Masked Link just really has low odds with all the more recent characters and promotions. And would Sakurai really want 3 Links?
Want - 0%
Unlike Gengar, I have no personal interest in Masked Link. In addition, I really hope Sakurai does not want 3 Links. 1 should of been enough already.

Noms 5x Monster Hunter

D

Deleted member

Masked Link

Chance: 10%
Want: 0%
I've nothing against her in particular, but I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
Having :4link: who is likely to have a moveset overhaul based from Breath of the Wild is more than enough already.
BB Bandit Trio

Chance: 0%

...Literally who?

Noms:
Female announcer x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
masked link

chances: 5% while i love the idea i dont think theyll do it

want: 85% you can never have enough zelda

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Masked Link

Chance: 2%
Way too specific of a character. This is basically Sakurai randomly revisiting Young Link and giving him a completely different moveset. Besides, even with the remake, Majora's Mask isn't likely getting a newcomer.

I'm sure he could be cool, but rather than opt for a third (technically fourth) Link who uses Zora and Goron abilities, I'd rather get an actual Zora or Goron in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Both Masked Link and Bread and Butter Bandits get double zeroes from me. I legitimately can't see Sakurai going for three Links, and the other isn't even an interesting joke nomination. I also wouldn't want either one of them.
Nominating K. Rool x5

Troykv

Smash Master
So I got roped into a birthday party for a family thing, gonna have to start the day now.

But first my ratings

The Joke
Double 0s

Yarne is a bad character and his mother was boring. No one likes the taguel. As for Owain well tbh I’m not a fan of him he’s kinda boring. The only kid characters I liked were Lucina and Inigo tbh.

Gengar
1% chance
100% want

A personal favorite to many. Unfortunately the tides of time are not in his favor with other gen 1 pokes and gen 7 having priority,

Nominating Eevee x 5

Day over, will make an updated noms list today, calcs today, rate masked link and B.B. bandit trio.
The next predictions when will give them?

Masked Link

Chance: 1%

A concept too weird to be considered; specially because having another Link (and one that would have a silhoutte too similar).

Want: 40%

Well... I would like this kind of idea, but I'm not fond to the idea of having three (or even four) playable Links.

Meme Bandit Trio

Chance and Want: 0%

Until we get actual Fossil Fighter representation I can take this nomination seriously.

Nominations:

Leon Kennedy x2
Neptune (Neptunia Series) x3

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Masked Link

Chance: 1%
If we're gonna get a Zelda transformation character, it will be the champions. Majora's Mask isn't all that relevant anymore.

Want: ABSTAIN

Bandit Trio

It makes more sense to put the protagonists of a series in first over the antagonists, but I don't think we're getting a character from this series anyway.

Want: ABSTAIN

Leon Kennedy x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Masked Link

Chance: 1% - Highly unlikely, as we already have two versions of Link already. I don't see us getting a third. Granted, we have three 2.5 Marios and 2.75 Marths, but that's in terms of movesets.

Want: 1% - Really not a fan of us getting a new Link, even if he has a unique moveset. Strongly prefer other Zelda characters if the series were to get a newcomer.

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 1% - Anything is possible.

Want: 0% - Except when it comes to me wanting them.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Masked Link
Chance: 20%
Hyrule Warriors helps. I think if we get a Zelda newcomer it’ll be him.

Want: 95%
It’s a cool concept.

Abstaining from the other guys because I don’t know who they are (could Google but it’s a joke)

Who to predict?

Nominations Prince SableX5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Masked Link

Chance: 2%
Want: 20%

I really don't think he'll make it in. There are many other popular zelda characters that have a better chance like Impa and Midna. And I'm personally meh with the idea.

BBB

Chance: 0.01%

They are the antagonists of a series with no reps yet. So no this is not going to happen. Plus I don't really care for them.

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

PS: We aren't doing predictions as tomorrow starts the E3 evaluation week.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Not even gonna really bother with the format this time. Both aren't gonna happen. One are a bunch of literally who's and the other is another Link and changing a drastically changing a characters moveset. From what I understand, Sakurai doesn't like doing that, even with clones.

That said a Link who's moveset revolves around the masks would be cool and I would be up for it.

Nomination:
Primarina x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe in the scenario Sakurai wants to bring back every veteran in Smash Switch, a revamped Young Link with transformations could be planned. If such a case happened though, I feel that he will be of a very low priority, when Sakurai has room to develop another character. However, it is more likely that if Young Link got planned, he would just be in his clone status again much like Melee. I do not see Masked Link in Smash.

x5 Balloon Fighter

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Masked Link!

I don't see this happening at all. It doesn't line up with anything and a decloned Toon Link would happen before this, and I doubt Sakurai wants 3 versions of human Link in Smash. If Young Link gets in, he might have a Fierce Deity final smash, but beyond that I wouldn't expect a mask moveset.

I love Zelda but I have no interest in this. Majora's Mask is a good game but this isn't necessary representation for the series. I'd prefer other iterations of Link in than this.

BBB Trio (?)

I honestly have not heard of this before and am hesitant to give it this rating, but being a relatively unknown nintendo title doesn't help its chances. I could certainly see it getting some sort of representation in the future though. And maybe if it gets more popular a potential rep at some point, just not now.

Want: 10%

That being said, despite not knowing who they are, I like the character design and feel of it! I might check the game out, actually. They seem fun.

Noms: sable prince x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Masked Link chances: 0.05%
So basically it's Young Link using masks from Majora's Mask in his moveset? If that's the case then it's very likely not gonna happen. Sakurai didn't make Dr. Mario an alt to not alienate his fans from Melee, and I doubt he's gonna completely change Young Link's moveset. Having to change models for different moves would also be a lot of work for a gimmick that doesn't seem like it would be unique enough to bother making all those models and programming it. Finally Majora's Mask is simply not a current game. There are simply too many things against this character idea to make it work. I'm willing to not consider it as "so unlikely it's for all practical purposes impossible" but it comes pretty darn close.

Masked Link want: 2.5%
Representing the LoZ races would be interesting, and I liked Majora's Mask so I see some appeal to it, but I don't think it would be easily worked, it's probably gonna be way to messy for that. Also there's the fact it's a third Link.

Rate Their Chances, joke character special bonus edition, day 4: double zeroes (AND yet again)
Remember how I said that the Yarne & Owain tag team is not absolutely impossible because technically nothing is, but for all practical purposes is unlikely enough to be easily dismissable as impossible? This one is the same, although not as extreme because the characters at least are related to each other, but their chances are still negligible enough there's no reason to consider it a practical possibility. Standards for villains in Smash are pretty high, with most of them being lucky to join in the first place, and to make things worse Wolf was likely considered low priority for Smash 4. They come from an unrepresented IP, so if anything a protagonist would be chosen first unless considered not unique enough compared to those villains; I'm also not confident on the idea of getting a playable Fossil Fighter rep in the first place because of the series' fairly niche status. Put it simply, they're not anywhere close to having the caliber of being playable Smash characters.

I have no personal interest in this trio nor in the series they come from, so I'd rather keep them as an RTC joke than a serious Smash character.

Mentioning Wolf in my B.B. Bandit Trio rating reminds me that I gave them a higher chance score than the possibility of not getting Wolf in the DLC edition of Smash 4 RTC... I was really close-minded about Wolf being basically guaranteed to return, and I think I didn't really understand the concept of "as close to certain as an educated guess can ever be" as rebuttal to the "nothing's absolutely impossible" objection back then, preventing me to simply give a flat zero to those bandits.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x5
Please can you confirm TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom if the nomination list is gonna be updated when the day ends or earlier? So we can know if our nominations from this last day before the E3 schedule are gonna be counted to the next nomination list update. Anyway, Nintendo's E3 presentation can't come soon enough!

Edit: that feel when you realize you made a typo in your rating for the previous day, but I can't fix it yet because it could look like you could have cheated by changing the predictions for today's ratings because of the "Last edited:" line... gonna wait the next day to fix that typo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yarne is a bad character and his mother was boring. No one likes the taguel.
Never speak to my wife or son again.

Masked Link:

First of all: Transformation character. Second of all: reworked veteran who was replaced. Third of all: we don't need a third, possibly fourth Link. ENOUGH LINK ALREADY.

See above but also I always felt Young Link was a pointless addition in Melee. Toon Link's visually different enough I don't mind his inclusion.

BBB Trio
Chance: 0.2%
Only if the protagonist gets in.

I'd rather we got the protagonist first!

Nomination:
Meowth X 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Masked Link

Chance - 0.01% - I can only see this if Sakurai wishes to bring every veteran back. Otherwise, he has no reason to be chosen when transformations take so much work and there are more recent and popular characters. Having two Links is also already pushing it for people.

Want - 10% - Yeah, no thanks. I want my Vaati, dang it!

BB Bandit Trio

Chance - 0% - I can't see why they would chose the villain before the protagonist or mascot. This doesn't make much sense.

Want - 0% - C'mon, they'd be taking the place of a T-Rex. Who wouldn't want to play as a T-Rex?

Nomiations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Masked link
Chance: 2.5%

Want: 1%

Bandit trio:

Abstained

Nomination:

Eevee x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Masked Link want: 100%

I imagine him transforming into his Deku, Goron, or Zora form similarly to Corrin. His recovery would be Deku Link helicopter-ing horizontally, with a bonus of being shot into the air if the move is done off the ground. His boomerang would be replaced with Zora Link's twin shooting arm fins. Zora Link would also appear in moves to spin with electricity, such as a down aerial. Link's side smash could be a huge punch from Goron Link, and he could have a move similar to roll out, but with Goron Link's spiky form. Link would use ice arrows, because those were implemented more creatively in Majora's Mask than in Ocarina of Time. His final Smash would be a transformation into Fierce Deity Link!

B.B. Bandit want: 0% (1-10*)

I don't know much about Fossil Fighters. They look like a Team Rocket ripoff/homage. The girl is hot, though.

Nominations:

Decloned Ganondorf x5

D

Deleted member

Masked Link

I doubt Sakurai would bring back Young Link for the sake of revamping his moveset. Especially after transformations were taken out. And he was replaced by Toon Link.

Want: 15%

There are other Zelda characters I'd prefer.

B.B. Bandit Trio

(Double Zeroes)

Another joke character. We'd get someone else from Fossil Fighters before the Team Rocket Rejects.

Nomination: Bayonetta x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Masked Link

They nyalready made a BoTW link which will likely have a nyu moveset, so I doubt they'll make nyanother nyu moveset for nyanother Link nya. With how unlikely Young Link is at making it in nyalready, this just seems too unreal nya.

Want: 50%
Very mixed feelings nya. I like the idea nyalot and MM is a great Zelda game that I'd love seeing more of in smash, however I nyalso don't want 3 slots with Links name on it nya. I want a nyu Zelda character who isn't someone nyalready existing mew!

BB Bandit Trio

Google searched. Yeah, never nya. Even if Fossil Fighter somehow nyappears in smash, it won't be them mew.

Nyo thanks, this doesn't interest me the slightest nya. Never even heard of Fossil Fighter till today either nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All zeroes here. I'm not even gonna bother formatting.

Young Link will never get the masked moveset everyone wants. Majora's Mask was ages ago, it's remake was ages ago, and I can't see Sakurai wasting more time on Zelda than he already has. The only reason we had Young Link was that he was a clone. I think he'd even prioritize Skull Kid over three or four new Link movesets with transformations.

We do not need another Link on the roster.

I'm not expecting (or hoping) that Link's going to get an overhaul just because he got a new costume. After all, how long have there been arguments about how relevant Ganondorf's moveset is? And Sakurai's said that he doesn't like to change movesets too mcuh because it would alienate fans? We're really assuming the man who said that will later renege on that to provide an even older character a total overhaul based on only a single game?

As fun as a moveset would be with transformations, I want the old ones back first, particularly the Pokemon Trainer. But as I've pointed out before, people can't stop griping about 'ugh worst mechanic ever,' and that really infuriates me. Ok, if you don't like it, then don't play him. I like it so I will. Now people are clamoring for "please add three or four versions of Link which interconvert and also toss the old one because he's low tier and put in a brand new one and really piss off the Link mains."?

Nom: Transformations returning x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Young Link

Chance- 5%
Unless Sakurai intends to bring back every character, he's not happening. A unique moveset dampers his chances even more.

Want- 20%
I'm all for veterans returning, but if we needed a MM character, why not Skull Kid then? More visual variety and another villain on the list then.

B Bandit Trio

Chance- 0.05%
I'm sure we would get a dinosaur from fossil fighters before these 3. Or the main character.

Want- 0%
I've never played Fossil Fighters. I'm missing out on the meme, whatever it is.

Scorpion X 1
Thwomp X 4

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Young Link (Masked)

Chance - 0%

I already doubt we'll be getting a Majora's Mask character, considering it was a game that released almost two decades ago (where does the time go?) as well as the fact that Sakurai seemingly isn't a fan of adding one off character. There's also the fact that if we're going to be getting a Majora's Mask character, we'll be getting Skull Kid. Plus, the idea of transformations is dead, now that Zelda / Sheik and Samus / Zero Suit Samus are considered separate characters, and Ivysaur and Squirtle were killed off.

Want - 1%

Extremely similar to how I feel about Gengar from yesterday. I like Majora's Mask, but I'd really rather not see a one-off Zelda character, I wouldn't want three Links on the roster, and if we're getting someone from Majora's Mask, just do Skull Kid.

Abstaining on the other guys. I played the original Fossil Fighters on the DS, but I really don't want any of the characters in, and I can't be bothered to format and make statements on their chances.

Nominations:
[Concept] Battlefield Stage Forms x3
[Veteran] Corrin x2

Last edited:

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Masked Link

Chance: 5%
5% minimum.

Little reason to add him now, a 3DS remake and DLC for a spinoff game aren't the most exciting achievements. Would be a third Link, which is pushing it. Even as far as Links go, the one that fights with masks specifically isn't especially noteworthy. He may be the same one from Ocarina of Time, but that's more of a fun fact than anything relevant to a moveset.

Speaking of movesets, I'm assuming the character being rated is either the one from Hyrule Warriors or one that uses all the transformation masks. I wouldn't think Sakurai would want to use the Hyrule Warriors one in the first place, Link 2-handing a sword is hardly an exciting prospect and Fierce Deity as final smash would limit the "mask" aspect to an optional item. If the Fierce Deity aspect was part of the normal moveset, perhaps as something you build up to over the course of a fight, that would be a more viable approach. At the same time, that's hardly the best way to represent Majora's Mask in a playable character. Can't imagine Sakurai would spring for anything less than the full Deku Scrub/Goron/Zora package.

Transformation characters are gone as far as we know, even if it was for technical limitations there's no point in bringing the mechanic back. If different forms only appeared for certain moves, there'd be no way to animate the transition well. It'd look terrible if every other attack featured Link pulling out a mask, slapping it on, having a painful transformation sequence for 5 seconds, doing the actual attack, removing the mask, transforming back, and slipping the mask back in his tunic. If instead of this Link had 4 (5 with Fierce Deity) movesets and could switch between fully-realized characters at will, then Link #3 from one mainline game, it's remake and a spinoff's DLC would be the highest effort newcomer in the history of the series.

It's hard to think of many relevant characters I'd like to see less. Would either be unfaithfully represented or take up quadruple the development time of any other potential newcomer. Even as a fan of Majora's Mask (and the transformation mechanic in particular), I can't justify sucking up that many resources.

Double abstain from triple trouble.

Nominations: Nikki x5

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Masked Link Chance: 0%
Honestly, I don't think the idea here would HAVE to be a transformation like Zelda/ Sheik or whatever. It could just be a quick transformation for one attack like Corrin, I'd think. So that's not really an issue here.

... What IS an issue is that Sakurai would have to bring back a vet that was cut ages ago and give them a huge overhaul. Given how much he's against overhauls of such size, it's already really unlikely Sakurai would do that to a veteran who stuck around like Ganondorf. Why the hell would he do it with someone long gone?

Want: 5%

B.B. Bandit Trio Chance AND Want: 0%
"B.B. Bandit Trio? That's a name I haven't heard in ages..."

We'd get a Fossil Fighter protagonist first. And that's if it even gets a character to begin with.

Nominations: Rex/ Pyra (rerate) X5

:094:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Masked link
chance
Link looks to be getting a new moveset and if toon link comes back he could have a unique moveset. The issue lies that zelda roster needs another zelda charcter but not another link give us Skull Kid and Impa first then sure.
5%
Want
could have a fun moveset and fun idea. Just don't really wnat it over other zelda reps.
40%

abstain from bbb trio

predicitng
nominaiting
labo guy x5
e3 starts tommrow so woooohoo

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Masked Link
It's either a BotW newcomer or a recurring character. Masked Link is a Link alt specific to one old game and I don't think Sakurai will go for him as Toon link is likely staying.

Want: 25%
Just because he would be cool to play as. Love Majoras mask.

Bandits
Abstain for both as I don't know who they are and don't have time to look it up.

Nominations: Neku x5

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Masked Link:
Chance: 10%
This is possible IF, and this is a big IF here, Sakurai does the following things:
1. Reconsider older characters that are no longer relevant
2. Pay attention to older Zelda characters in particular
3. Pay attention to Majora's Mask out of every other Zelda franchise
4. Chooses Young Link over Skull Kid, someone who doesn't have the stigma of being "Another Link"
5. Decides that Young Link is worth dedicating the time and resources to making a decloned and interesting moveset.

Clearly, the odds are not in his favor.

Want: 100%
In Hyrule Warriors, Young Link is the coolest character in the game, bar none. The metamorphosis between the adorable and weak Young Link and the god of destruction Fierce Deity is such an interesting, fun, and flashy concept. It perfectly represents both the transformative aspect of Majora's Mask, the original Hero of Time, the greatsword weapon that Link never uses, and the darker tones of Majora's Mask without the complexities of having 4 different races switching in and out. He also represents the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess who provides Link with many cool moves that never got it into Smash like the mortal draw or helmsplitter.

I speak from the position as someone who never understood the love that Young Link got until I played Young Link and saw Fierce Diety CUT THE FLIPPING MOON IN HALF.

Despite my love for him and all the potential I see in a possible moveset, I just don't see it ever happening.

BB Bandit Trio: N/A
I've played Fossil Fighters in my younger years, but I don't actually recall anything about the game other than the T-Rex.

Nominate: Demifiend x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Masked Link
Chance: 1% - This would take far too much time and effort for a third version of Link who's no longer relevant to the series.
Want: 50%

BBB Trio
Chance: 0% - They don't stand a chance.

Nominations: Eevee x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It's the vote-counting guy here!

Simply here to announce that I have returned from my two week vacation. Phantom and I have agreed to do half the missing work so once he catches up, I'll take the reigns once more and do your 'favorite' daily nomination update!

Why didn't you update for two weeks?
a) I did not bring my laptop. I didn't feel comfortable taking my partner's laptop for a few minutes per day on our special occasion.
b) doing it on phone - ew nasty

On June 12th, I will post a special list - it will be the fully updated nomination list to date, but since we are bound to get confirmations and disconfirmations on this wild day, we'll look at who will be purged that day. No, not by Phantom, but Sakurai himself!

What do you mean by disconfirmation?

100% disconfirmed (base roster AND DLC):
-They are shown to be an assist trophy or in a Pokeball.
-They are shown to be a boss on either a stage or in a game mode.
-They are shown to be a stage hazard in their updated design (aka: Train driver Toon Link or Sprite Birdo won't disconfirm them, but if we see Bandana Dee poking people on the butt with his spear from time to time...yeah)

Disconfirmed for base roster
This means we really have no reason to rate them until after the game launches. Usually, this means they are shown as a collectible trophy. The exception is if we see an alternate version of a character's trophy. For example, Slippy (Assault), or Impa (BOTW), or Daisy (Sports) does not necessarily mean they're no hopers but could prove interesting discussion depending on how those are seen.

What do you mean by confirmation?

Happy ratin'...oh yeah might as well.

Abstaining from want for Masked Link and giving him a meager 0.1% chance. Majora's Mask is no longer relevant and transformations are in a very questionable spot to return. Ultimately a neat concept but I'd rather have a different entity than another Link with that idea if we can.

Going to nominate Ninten x5, probably in vein.

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Masked Link

Chance: 1.5%
If Sakurai were to bring back Young Link, he would likely just bring him back as a clone just to save time. Also, fans may not respond well to having three Links in the same game and there are plenty of other potential candidates for playable Zelda reps that it is just too unlikely to happen. He would likely be difficult to implement as a transforming character with multiple forms and potentially multiple movesets.

Want: 75%
I am all for the return of every past veteran in Smash. However, I am not a big fan of transformation characters in general.

B. B. Bandit Trio

Chance and Want: Abstain
I have never played Fossil Fighters and I did not know who these characters even were until I saw the schedule for this week. I don't think they have much of a chance of getting into Smash anyway.

Predictions:
There are none!

Nominations:
All-Star Versus x5
(If anyone would like to help make sure this gamemode concept does not get purged, that would be very appreciated!)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Really? I just everything I wrote down. Oh well abridged version coming

Masked Link
Chance 0%
Transformation, 4in1, champions, too much
Want 60%
Love, consequences, Skull Kid

Bandits
Double 0
Villain before hero, prefer these guys

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Prediction hype 100%

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Masked Link

- It’s a popular concept but it’s too resource-heavy. The closest thing we could get would be what KT did in Hyrule Warriors: Just Fierce Deity.

- I’m not interested.

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance & Want: Abstain

- I remember these guys being nominated in the old RTC thread. Fossil Fighters...it could really use a Switch game.

Nominations
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x4
Neptune (Neptunia Series) x1

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Masked Link:

Chance: 0.25%

Not the highest requested from his own game. We already have a young Link that hasn’t been made unique yet that easily can. A lot of work for a base character that isn’t all that interesting. Another link wouldn’t generate the excitement necessary to warrant that work

Want: 0.1%
I’d like this a little more than Toon Zelda or Tingle, but barely. Flesh out. Try something completely new from Zelda.

BBB3:

Lmap

Want: 65%
A trio sounds cool. Dont know anything else and won’t mind if this isn’t counted

No predictions I guess?

x5 Eeveee

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Masked Link:

Chance 10%: Mostly likely just my own personal bias but I do think it is possible.....? Maybe....? At any rate he isn't likely.

Want 100%: I absolutely want Young Link to use all 3 Masks! (Deku, Goron, & Zora) (Final Smash being Fierce Deity? Yes, please!) It would make him much more unique from his Melee appearance.

B. B. Bandit Trio:

Chance 1%: Seriously Who?

Want 1%: Who?

Nomination:
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 5x

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Masked Link
Chance: 0.5% -
Majora's Mask isn't relevant anymore, and there's not likely going to be three Links. So no chance, basically.
Want: 0% - Never did care for Majora's Mask.

B.B. Bandit Trio:
Chance: 0.1% -
Fossil Fighters is a Nintendo franchise, so they're not impossible, but I highly doubt we'd get these guys as our first rep... or any rep at all.
Want: 0% - Why?

Nominations:
Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit ribbit

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Masked Link
Chance: 5%
If they bring back Young Link they'll probably give him a mask,

Want: 30%
and I'd be alright with that.

andit Trio.
If there's a fossil fighters rep it'll be a main character.

Want: 1%
They have very little memetic value.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Masked Link. Can't really think of anything I can say about him.

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance & Want:

Regarding Chance:

On top of having little requests, we don't even have the main character from Fossil Fighters in Smash yet. No way would they add the main villain before the hero. That would be like adding Bowser before Mario, Ganondorf before Link, Medusa before Pit, Eggman before Sonic, Dr. Wily before Megaman, Descole before Professor Layton, and so on.

Regarding Want:

I'm not interested in them at all. I don't have much else to say.

On a different note, some people here have mentioned they look like knockoffs of Team Rocket. If anything, both the B.B. Bandit Trio and Team Rocket are actually inspired from a much earlier iconic villainous trio in Japanese media: The Doronbo Gang from the Yatterman series.

------

Predictions

Not sure how active I'll be for E3 week, but we'll see.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Masked Link

Chance: 0.5%

I believe that any major character is possible. Having said that, Masked Link doesn't really have anything going for him. Personally I think transformations are gone for good, so that's probably out, and while it could possible to make it work without them it'd take work and I don't think they'd go for it. This would basically be an overhaul of a former veteran, and we know how well that's worked out in the past. Dr. Mario got brought back as a clone over a costume and at this point Ganondorf will probably never get a unique moveset, so it's hard for me to imagine that one of the least cared about veterans in the series would ever be suddenly brought back and be completely overhauled. Especially when Majora's Mask is not currently the latest title, and even if it was like...Skull Kid is one of the most popular Zelda one offs and he was already acknowledged in 4, he would almost certainly be the one chosen to represent the game. Sprinkle in the general competition for Zelda newcomers (many of whom have more going for them), the uncertainty of another one even happening, and the probable annoyance at three Links in the roster, and there's very little hope for this guy.

Sorry, I'm not interested. I'll go into detail when transformation characters have their day if we reach them in time, but I personally would rather them be kept out of the series, and frankly I also don't think the idea would work out all that well without them. I've never been a fan of this choice at all really, and would pick pretty much every other sort-of popular Zelda choice over him. For that matter I'd honestly rather bring back a Melee-styled Young Link than give him the masks. Not that I want that either.

B.B. Bandit Trio

DOUBLE ZEROES

I believe pretty much every major character is possible...but minor joke characters generally are not, and these three are no exception. Simply put, Sakurai is not going to wake up one day and suddenly decide to include a unnotable trio from an unrepresented and not massively popular franchise instead of a main character and/or the main feature of said franchise.

Having played Fossil Fighters I can safely say there's no reason for them to show up. If the series gets a character it should either be a player character or maybe a vivosaur. And yeah, Team Rocket is better.

Nominations: Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Masked Link gets double zeroes simply because it's Ganon's time to get another moveset. Link gets 3 movesets, Zelda gets 2, and Ganon is still a clone? Who would think that's a good idea?

The B. B. Bandit Trio is pretty hopelessly obscure, they get an easy 0% chance. I'll give them a 3.5% want entirely because they're villains, and because I hate the Team Rocket trio. Standards are not high there.

Nominate Fawful x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom