• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You're really showing a massive amount of bias here. Not only are those 6 points not actually clearly defined by Sakurai, but you also answered nearly all of them in the positive, putting the negative ones in the "maybe" column. This seems like blind fanboyism at its peak.
I don't even want Steve. I gave him a 15% chance. How am I being more biased than the person who gave an absolute as a prediction?

But fine, just for the sake of the argument, let's go along with your list.

1. "It can't be just anyone; a character must meet a certain 'class'."

This is way too vague to define and it could mean literally anything. You construed this as a positive simply because Steve's game sold well. Unfortunately that's merely pointing at POPULARITY and nothing else. When Sakurai talks about "class" he could be talking about a number of different things, and I very much doubt he is ONLY talking about popularity. Steve, despite being popular, is very much a "just anyone" character, in the most literal sense - he's a template character that everyone can reskin into any character they like.
I agree that this is vague, but it's clear that he's referring to the icon status of the character when one looks at this and the other quotes I gave you.

Essentially, if a character is not "just anyone," then they are someone who stands out from the general crowd.

Steve is not "just anyone," because he stands out as a gaming icon.

Also, popularity is really, really important. Sakurai has gone on record saying this:
“Four of the most famous characters in the video game industry on the same screen battling each other. The only game that makes this possible is Super Smash Bros. And, just between you and me, I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.”
He goes on to talk about how one of the main reasons for Pac-Man being added was because he's famous.
“The new Smash Bros. is being developed by Bandai Namco Games and one of Namco’s most famous characters is of course, Heihachi.” Sakurai cracks a smile. “Just kidding. As he has such a long history, we did our best to bring Pac-Man into the series.”
2. "Both companies have to want to include the character."

So far we've seen no evidence that this is the case from either company. Phil Spencer from Xbox seems to want Banjo, and Nintendo has issued no comment on putting in a Microsoft-owned character.
Phil Spencer doesn't "want" Banjo so much as he said he was not opposed to the idea, but that's a minor nitpick.

Having no indication that Microsoft or Nintendo is considering the character is a given, honestly.

If they're not considering him, then they won't mention the idea. If they are considering him, they still won't mention the idea because it would ruin the announcement. It's not a point we can draw any conclusion on, positive or negative.

3. "Sakurai needs to have creative control over the character."

This.... kind of goes without saying, as he's the director and has a vision for each and every character that gets into the game. It's the same with any other game in development, whoever's directing it has to have creative control over everything that goes into it. Doesn't really say anything.

But even so, there isn't really much to "have creative control over" with Steve. He's not a very well defined character, he has no personality that we know of, and you can't really make the argument that anything done with him would be "out of character" for him since he doesn't really have an established character. There isn't much for Sakurai to alter to his personal tastes - animation-wise, Steve just swings single limbs at a time without any expressiveness shown in his animations. Model-wise he'd also be difficult to inject any personality into, because of the very amateurish art style of Minecraft. Sakurai could opt to just design a completely new character model for him that is able to animate well and give emotion and animation, but then it could be argued that he's not really paying homage to the source material.
I agree that this honestly doesn't say much of anything. However, I mentioned it because it was one of the points Sakurai has mentioned is important for including third parties.

In regards to your argument that Steve has little to no personality and animation...yeah, I know. But it's unrelated to Sakurai having creative control over the character. All I'm trying to say is that he's eligible.
4. "The character must carry game history with them."

Minecraft is only 9 years old, hardly a historic game. It's about as old as its average player. Selling well does not make it "historic". Stop pointing to sales as an argument for LITERALLY EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous. It's like saying "this game sold well so therefore it's the cure for diabetes!" These are not even remotely related things.
Something new can still be historic. I don't think anyone would argue that the moon landing wasn't historic on the day it happened.

A game selling well is one of the objective indicators we have for how popular a series is. Whether you want to admit it or not, Minecraft is huge.

5. "The character must live up to the standards of Smash, not being too far out there."

This is the point where your argument completely crumbles beyond repair. There's quite a lot to pick apart with the "standards of Smash" statement, which brings me back to my earlier points.

Smash has standards. So it doesn't put in just anybody for one-trick pony reasons, like "popularity". Popularity is not taken ON ITS OWN, it's not sufficient ON ITS OWN to get a character into Smash. It has to be taken into account along with a number of OTHER factors, such as uniqueness, fan demand, the ability to create interesting gameplay with them, their historic significance to gaming and Nintendo in particular, how confident the team is in replicating their art style, what type of fanservice would go along with it, the list goes on and on.
Popularity is not sufficient, correct. However, to use your own points:

• Uniqueness: No Smash character is anything close to Steve
  • Fan Demand: While we can't know this for sure, I'll let this graph explain Minecraft's fanbase.
  • https://g.co/trends/2VGd5
  • Interesting gameplay: Terrain modification hasn't been done in Smash before.
  • Historic Significance to Gaming: Minecraft popularized the Let's Play concept and introduced an entire generation of children to video games. Further, it solidified the sandbox genre's formula and became the first game of that genre to find success. Minecraft has been released on Nintendo's past three platforms, with the most recent release ranking in at number one in Japan and number two worldwide for the Switch EShop. It's already proving to be one of Nintendo's stronger third party releases financially.
  • Art Style: Steve's intentionally minimalist design contrasts heavily with Smash Bros., but that's not really a bad thing. Further, Minecraft characters have been shown with greater animation than in their home game in official material. That said, it is entirely possible that the look clashes too much for Sakurai's taste. That's a legitimate complaint.
  • Fanservice: Minecraft still has an extremely active fanbase and community. 75 million monthly players represents a very lucrative untapped base for Nintendo to draw into Smash.

When he says "standards of Smash" he means the ability to deliver a character that is of HIGH QUALITY in every regard - in visual and sound design, in having fun gameplay, in respect to source material. These are the standards he's talking about. So when you have a game like Minecraft that has extremely LOW standards in one or more of these aspects, how do you expect to deliver something high quality that adheres to your high standards? You can't replicate the source material without replicating their very low standards, such as Steve's very simplistic and poorly-designed art style.
The character can be represented with a minimalist design and still be a high quality addition. Mr. Game and Watch is a great example of Sakurai doing this in the past.

Mind, low animation frames isn't something that has to be kept true-to-form for Minecraft. Minecraft: Story Mode, an official Minecraft expansion, has things like this:

So if a character doesn't even meet the standards set by Smash as a result of their OWN design, it isn't the fault of the Smash team that they can't create something high quality with that source material. I don't think Sakurai or his team would want to work on Steve or Minecraft characters for this very reason. I'm confident they would agree with me that he is very ugly, amateurish-looking and boring, and they would see fit to either totally redesign him for Smash, or (more likely) just not include him at all because of all the work they'd have to put in to redesigning him "in a way that pays homage to the source material".
Actually, Sakurai has openly praised Minecraft in the past.
Yoiko’s Minecraft Survival was an interesting show, so I decided to start playing Minecraft. I don’t usually go back to games after I’ve completed them, but when something piques my interest, it can’t be helped. Wait a second. This time I’m going to be playing on the Nintendo Switch, so I’ll be starting with a fresh slate, without my previous save data. I’m also going to go through Survival Mode instead of Creative Mode because it puts an exciting spin on the game.
He goes on in that article to praise the simplicity of the game. Sakurai, as a game developer, appreciates Steve and Minecraft not as amateur work, but as a high-quality approach to a simplistic design.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm not one to get involved in stuff like this, but I felt like there might be some benefit in examining some... really bad posts flying around. Maybe someone could learn something from this, I dunno.

So, let's break this down.

You may have only heard that argument, but that's not the only one. Within this thread alone other arguments have been presented. This is using a strawman to make a case.

This is correct in that raw popularity isn't everything. However, the claim that those games are "out-of-place" is meaningless on its own, as is the lumping of Minecraft with games like Call of Duty and Madden. Claiming that this "out-of-place" factor is why these games aren't represented is likewise unsubstantiated.

This entire tirade is complete nonsense. It presents the bold claim that Minecraft would be ignored for Smash because (paraphrasing here) it's ugly and bad. This is especially irrelevant because:
1.) Regardless of your thoughts on the game, people still like it. Quite a bit, I'd say.
2.) Regardless of your thoughts on the game, Sakurai still likes it.
3.) We have no indication that a game's art style is actually relevant to deciding who gets into Smash. This is baseless conjecture.
4.) If anything, Smash's roster contradicts the notion that characters have to look "good" and "not stick out" when we have characters like Mr. Game & Watch, Snake, and Bayonetta who (while this may be subjective) do seem to stick out quite a bit compared to the rest of the cast.
5.) The notion that they'd have to design an original model for him that'd look nothing like the original character is also baseless speculation.

More strawman. Also blatantly false.

So, this is a weird one. The comparison is drawn between Steve, the protagonist and face of one of the most popular video game series ever, and a Goomba, a generic enemy in one of the most popular video game series ever. The post draws a lot of comparisons between the two in order to address the "iconic" argument and asks why Goomba is considered unviable while Steve is, before seemingly dismissing them both as "filler non-characters."

The problem here is that the comparison fails once you get to the reason why Goomba isn't considered a viable candidate.

"Because there's way better Mario candidates?"

Goomba is an extremely minor entity within a much larger series with far more prominent and beloved characters that would likely take priority. Steve is the protagonist of his own series. The reason Goomba won't get into Smash is not the same reason Steve wouldn't get into Smash.

The comparison I think the post was going for is that both Goomba and Steve are trashy, unimportant characters in the grand scheme of gaming as a whole, rather than within their individual series, which...

No, sorry, this is just a failed comparison. There's a reason no one understood this.

Again, this is more strawman based on the idea that people only want Steve for popularity and that he has nothing else to offer. It also argues that Steve is "not unique," which is incredibly subjective and something that I, personally, would disagree with given that we have yet to have a character in Smash from a true sandbox game like Minecraft.

Danth's Law.

Citation please.

Those points were almost word-for-word lifted from Sakurai's actual statements. These are the closest things to his actual guidelines we have.

Also, Pacack put the "negative" points as neutral because they are, in fact, neutral. An unknown factor cannot be accurately read as a positive or a negative.

We already have "just anyone" characters in the literal sense. See my literal avatar of a literal avatar.

Why do people still act like this is a good point?

This is a restatement of what Pacack said for this point. This is saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff.

How is this even a remotely viable argument when characters like Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer exist?

Hello strawman.

This is, again, complete nonsense based on some preconceived notion of "standards" that is not in any way based on any semblance of Sakurai's standards.

Apparently, Sakurai does.

While I'm here...

Steve

Chance: 5%

Want: 90%

He's a possibility. And I think he'd be fun.

Welp, g'night everyone.
I don't even want Steve. I gave him a 15% chance. How am I being more biased than the person who gave an absolute as a prediction?

I agree that this is vague, but it's clear that he's referring to the icon status of the character when one looks at this and the other quotes I gave you.

Essentially, if a character is not "just anyone," then they are someone who stands out from the general crowd.

Steve is not "just anyone," because he stands out as a gaming icon.

Also, popularity is really, really important. Sakurai has gone on record saying this:

He goes on to talk about how one of the main reasons for Pac-Man being added was because he's famous.

Phil Spencer doesn't "want" Banjo so much as he said he was not opposed to the idea, but that's a minor nitpick.

Having no indication that Microsoft or Nintendo is considering the character is a given, honestly.

If they're not considering him, then they won't mention the idea. If they are considering him, they still won't mention the idea because it would ruin the announcement. It's not a point we can draw any conclusion on, positive or negative.

I agree that this honestly doesn't say much of anything. However, I mentioned it because it was one of the points Sakurai has mentioned is important for including third parties.

In regards to your argument that Steve has little to no personality and animation...yeah, I know. But it's unrelated to Sakurai having creative control over the character. All I'm trying to say is that he's eligible.

Something new can still be historic. I don't think anyone would argue that the moon landing wasn't historic on the day it happened.

A game selling well is one of the objective indicators we have for how popular a series is. Whether you want to admit it or not, Minecraft is huge.

Popularity is not sufficient, correct. However, to use your own points:

• Uniqueness: No Smash character is anything close to Steve
  • Fan Demand: While we can't know this for sure, I'll let this graph explain Minecraft's fanbase.
  • https://g.co/trends/2VGd5
  • Interesting gameplay: Terrain modification hasn't been done in Smash before.
  • Historic Significance to Gaming: Minecraft popularized the Let's Play concept and introduced an entire generation of children to video games. Further, it solidified the sandbox genre's formula and became the first game of that genre to find success. Minecraft has been released on Nintendo's past three platforms, with the most recent release ranking in at number one in Japan and number two worldwide for the Switch EShop. It's already proving to be one of Nintendo's stronger third party releases financially.
  • Art Style: Steve's intentionally minimalist design contrasts heavily with Smash Bros., but that's not really a bad thing. Further, Minecraft characters have been shown with greater animation than in their home game in official material. That said, it is entirely possible that the look clashes too much for Sakurai's taste. That's a legitimate complaint.
  • Fanservice: Minecraft still has an extremely active fanbase and community. 75 million monthly players represents a very lucrative untapped base for Nintendo to draw into Smash.

The character can be represented with a minimalist design and still be a high quality addition. Mr. Game and Watch is a great example of Sakurai doing this in the past.

Mind, low animation frames isn't something that has to be kept true-to-form for Minecraft. Minecraft: Story Mode, an official Minecraft expansion, has things like this:

Actually, Sakurai has openly praised Minecraft in the past.

He goes on in that article to praise the simplicity of the game. Sakurai, as a game developer, appreciates Steve and Minecraft not as amateur work, but as a high-quality approach to a simplistic design.

See this?

This is how you debate in RTC. I am not invalidating any scores simply due to the fact that this game is naturally biased. I for instance am naturally biased towards villains and third parties.

Also like I just started the new day, and these arguments were clearly still being worked on while I was doing my write up so it’s gucci. But the day is over, so let’s move on.

Also to clarify Pyra/Mythra is the characters appearing without Rex, at least that was what I believe.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm not one to get involved in stuff like this, but I felt like there might be some benefit in examining some... really bad posts flying around. Maybe someone could learn something from this, I dunno.
Good to see you, False. Wonderful post breakdown.

See this?

This is how you debate in RTC. I am not invalidating any scores simply due to the fact that this game is naturally biased. I for instance am naturally biased towards villains and third parties.
I appreciate the compliment.

Also like I just started the new day, and these arguments were clearly still being worked on while I was doing my write up so it’s gucci. But the day is over, so let’s move on.

Also to clarify Pyra/Mythra is the characters appearing without Rex, at least that was what I believe.
Thank you for the understanding. If I had seen your post, I wouldn't have put mine down.

Troykv

Smash Master
See this?

Yeah, I think the autor of this nomination explained that when he started to nominate the Aegis.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Coffee with Milk

Chance: 3%
To put it simply, I just can't see why Pyra/Mythra would be chosen, but completely emancipated from Rex. I understand Rex isn't the most lovable protagonist on Earth (I can corroborate this as someone who's played through Xenoblade 2 multiple times), but him and these two being inextricably linked is an integral part of both characters' identities throughout the entirety of their game, not to mention it would represent the most unique part of XC2's battle system extremely well. Rex and the Aegis work as a team, and it just wouldn't make sense for them to be shoved apart for a playable role.

Want: 0%
Which is precisely why I don't want this to happen. Next.

Excited Biker

He's most certainly a Nintendo classic, and he sees a healthy amount of recognition to this day. But he also doesn't have much going on as of late, there's a clear frontrunner for the retro slot liable to take his place, and, frankly, there's not much he could do given a fighting role. He's also among the unfortunate few Retro Rejects from the days of Melee, which is a nasty stain on his track record to say the least - specifically, Sakurai said he'd "need to make ramps for him to jump (that’s not really the issue)", likely indicating a logistical conflict in terms of moveset-building that kept him out of the roster. Maybe someday, Sakurai will go back on his word on this guy, but for now, I just don't see it happening.

Want: 10%
I mean, he'd almost certainly be unique. However, just being strapped to a vehicle doesn't do much for me, and he also suffers from a bit of the Urban Champion syndrome of not really being able to do much, albeit to a lesser degree. I wouldn't be upset to see him get in by any means, but I think I'd prefer to see Excitebike stay an Assist Trophy for the foreseeable future.

Nominating Gooey x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Pyra/Mithra

Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

Man, I should really catch up on Xenoblade characters sometime. But it'd only be for the sake for arguing for/against them in Smash speculation threads, so then again...

(Looks like pressing Enter in new Smashboards immediately posts your draft. The more you know.)

Excitebiker

Chance: 10%
A fairly recognisable retro character, Excitebiker doesn't have as much moveset potential for as long as he's stuck on his bike, leaving him as an average human if he ever had to dismount it. There's not too much demand for him, and other choices like Takamaru edge him out in terms of playable potential

Want: 10%
Not much he offers, to be honest, even if I enjoyed Excitebike. Still, wouldn't be a bad a choice if Sakurai wanted to make it work.

Prediction:
Final Destination (Ver. 2): 84%

Nominations:
Veteran: Bayonetta x3
Takumi x2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pyra/Mythra WITHOUT Rex

Chance: 2.5%

The possibility is there if Sakurai wanted to add them but couldn't properly implement the Driver/Blade mechanic for whatever reason. But if he could, he'd most certainly do it. And if he couldn't, he might not want to stray too far from the source material and decide to simply exclude them from the roster entirely.

And I've brought up the potential issue of timing previously.

Want: 30%

While I like Pyra/Mythra as a character, I'd rather keep them and Rex as true to the source material as possible. No offense to those fans who like Pyra/Mythra and dislike Rex, but that's just how I feel.

Nomination: Bayonetta x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Pyra/Mythra

Chance: 0%
How would that even work? Would the sword just swing itself around?

Want: 15%
I don't care about Xenoblade.

Exitebiker

Chance: 15%
Better-than-average chance to be the token retro character. Though, I'd imagine Sakurai would go for Mach Rider instead.

Want: 15%
I don't care too much about Exitebike.

Final Destination (Ver. 2) prediction: 15%

Skyrim prediction: 20%

Nominations:
Viewtiful Joe x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Excitebiker

70% Chance

Hear me out on this.

Excitebiker has so many qualities that make him one of the most likley retro choices in Smash Switch. For starters, we know that previously Excitebiker was considered in Melee before being rejected in favor of the Ice Climbers. Personally, the fact that Excitebiker got his metaphorical foot in the door makes him and Takamaru so much likelier than other retros in my eyes. Sakurai rejected him once, but the man has changed his mind on Pac Man, Miis, and Villagers. Just being rejected once does not hurt him.

The Excite series also is not completely dead. The series has had games on the Wii in Excitetruck and Excitebots and World Rally. The fact that his series is not completely dead is a boon to him. Granted, there has not been a totally new game in the Excite Series this decade, but the point still stands the series is still on Nintendo's minds. It even got a track in Mario Kart 8. The 3D classic of Excitebikes was a 3DS Launch title.

However, perhaps the biggest things that help him are the fact that Excitebiker being on a bike would offer something unique. The playstyle of a guy on a bike actually sounds weird, but honestly it could just work. It seems like the kind of idea Sakurai would go with.

So overall, a franchise that Nintendo has some nostalgic love towards, is not completely dead yet still decisively retro, and offers a unique moveset that few characters could offer. Seems like the kind of character to get in smash.

70% Want

I like the idea of just being a dingus on a bike. Sue me, but the idea of hitting people with my bike and doing tricks seems so disrespectful. I would prefer other retros like Muddy Mole or especially Takamaru though.

Pyra/Mythra without Rex

1% Chance

This is someone who views Rex and Pyra as a near lock. I could see this happening in the slim chance that somehow they scrap the blade mechanic. However, that does not seem likely to me. Rex and Pyra make too much sense to be separate, they are the faces of XC2.

Abstain Want

I mean its XC2 representation, but I don't know if I actually would want the two separate. It just would not feel right to me.

Nominating Eevee x 5

Posting my scores now just so I can get an early end tomorrow.

Also I have decided the little extras for the schedule

6/4 Excitebiker and Pyra/Mythra
6/5 Skyrim Representation and Music: Final Destination V2
6/6 Lara Croft and Bubsy
6/7 Cranky Kong and Brash the Bear
6/8 Gengar and Yarne/Owain Tag Team
6/9 Masked Link and B.B Bandit Trio

I had to choose some of the worst of the worst from RTC Smash 4 and DLC. I had to chose the ones that stuck out the most as potentially giving our friends Blue Bowser and Lucas the Wizard a run for their money. Enjoy this fun little romp before E3 when everything will change.

Runic_SSB Runic_SSB I don't even want Steve, I just can easily see it happen, especially for DLC.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Pyra/Mythra without Rex
Chance: 0% -
Blades literally cannot exist without a Driver. We're not getting them in this form.
Want: 0% - And I don't want them like that either.

Excitebiker:
Chance: 5% -
He's been considered for Smash one time and was passed over because of his fundamental design. We're not getting him.
Want: 0% - And no, I don't want him either.

Abstaining from Prediction.

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Pyra/Mythra & Excite Biker
Chances: 0% & 5%

Let's be real here, there is virtually no way that Xenoblade 2 would be getting represented with anyone other than it's MC. Rex will either be getting in on his own or with Pyra/Mythra or Xenoblade 2 won't be getting represented at all.

Excite Biker is possible, but he no doubt has less priority than Takamaru considering Takamaru was no longer has to worry about being unknown in the US. And even if he still was, Takamaru is an easier character to work with than Excite Biker.
Indifferent on either. Xenoblade isn't a priority with me and neither is whichever Retro rep gets added.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Excitebiker

They’re not great, but I can see it being a Villager situation where Sakurai realizes how wrong he was.

Want: 90%
Yeah, Excitebike is a game that merits a lot more representation in Smash. Even Mario Kart gave us a stage.

Why

Chance: 1%
Like, maybe if Sakurai was on drugs, sure. Not only would it not make sense for anyone to make it in before Rex, but they wouldn’t be able to coexist, as there’s not way Rex wouldn’t have Pyra in his set.

This is such a dumb idea I honestly thought about abstaining. I can’t wrap my head around it.

Who do we have to predict? I better check that.

Nominations: Prince SableX5

Edit: I have no idea what we’re supposed to be predicting. Is it the idea of getting a new Final Destination? Is it the music track Final Destination Ver. 2?

Another edit: I guess we’re also predicting anything from Skyrim? Well nothing’s getting in without Dovakhiin making it playable, so 10%

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Peanut Butter and Jelly without the Peanut Butter (a.k.a. Pyra/Mythra w/o Rex)

Chance: 0.05%

If there were to be a playable Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rep, it will likely be Pyra as part of Rex's moveset or as some sort of team character with both utilizing the Driver/Blade mechanic in the moveset. Losing Rex would also lose that key mechanic and would not stay true to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is something that Sakurai typically avoids doing with any character from any franchise.

I would rather Rex and Pyra be on the roster because they would be far more unique than just Pyra. I am not even sure how they would make Pyra/Mythra work without Rex, to be honest.

Excitebiker

Chance and Want: Abstain

I have very little clue who this person is. I would love to see a character that rides their bike for more than just a single move, though.

Predictions:

Skyrim Representation: 23.27%
Final Destination (ver. 2) (as in the Smash 4 track?): 19.12%

Nominations:

All-Star Versus x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Excitebiker

Chance: 30%
The character is one of the few truly iconic retro reps left; that's a pretty big virtue.

Want: 100%
I would love to have representation for the Excitebike games.

(Doesn't seem like it's too late, so I'll add the other rating.)

Pyra & Myrtha

I really think the pairing of Rex and Pyra, Elma, or standalone Rex all have more of a chance than this pairing.

Want: 20%
That doesn't mean it wouldn't be at least a little intriguing.

Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa x5

:131:

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Pyra/Mythra without Rex

Chance- 0%
Want- 0%

First things first, you DO NOT play as Pyra. This shouldn't have even been entertained. As much as I despise Rex, the blade and driver mechanic is literally the only thing about him I'd entertain as a fighter. Not to mention that is the major crux of Xenoblade 2, without this system it would be an extremely poor representation of the game. Finally without the other, Pyra (Or a solo Rex) would just be another sword fighter with a monado. Sorry, you can't have your tiddygirl.png without her annoying bf.

ExciteBiker
Chance- 50%
Want- 50%

It could happen, its been considered before. As for myself I'm neutral on the idea. I'm not rooting for it but it could be cool.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Pyra/Mythra
Chance: 60%
Ok, yeah it may seem like an odd idea with Rex being most people's prediction for XC2. However, Sakurai doesn't always go with the obvious pick (see: Chrom). In XC2 we see Blades fighting independently from their Drivers, so it wouldn't be that farfetched especially since Mythra is an Aegis aka super god blade pretty much. I personally struggle to see how the Blade/Driver mechanic would work in Smash and I feel like Pyra/Mythra on their own offer enough uniqueness via either a transformation/swapping mechanic or being pallet swaps with slight differences. And let's be honest, Rex isn't that exciting, though I do like the guy. Pyra and Mythra are just as much main characters as him, so I don't quite see it as a lock that Rex will be the rep.

Also I feel it's worth mentioning a potential spoiler from the upcoming DLC that may help make this nom make more sense.
Apparently Mythra will be playable on her own in this scenario.

Want: 100%
Either with or without Rex, Pyra and Mythra are my most wanted newcomer. I wanted to rate them without Rex because I feel it is worth thinking about the possibility, since most ideas for Rex with them as blades just sound a little too complicated to me. Plus, given how much people freak out about Pyra's costume, I wonder how it will affect the want score in comparison to Rex and Pyra? Heh. Anyway, I think Pyra/Mythra on their own have potential, hopefully at least some others see it!

Excitebiker:
Chance: 50%
Now here's a retro pick I can see. As far as I know he's already been considered, and right now he's one of the most probable from the remaining iconic NES games.

Want: abstain
Honestly, I would have to see him to have an opinion. I have no idea how he would play, but I'm sure Sakurai would make him interesting.

FD2: 50.50
Edit: forgot Skyrim: 11.2%
Nominations: Neku x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Pyra after the meteor hit (buh-bye Rex)

Chance- 7%
I mean, it could happen. But considering Rex is the main character, I dont see it happening it would be like seeing Dunban and Riki as a tag team character without Shulk.

Want- 0%
Ive never played Xenoblade. Dont plan on doing so either for the time being.

Excite Bike

Chance- 10%
He was consodered, but turned down for other retros. Excote Boke does have the edge of still bein recognized by Nintendo, with the AT in brawl & 4, the dlc level in Mario Kart 8, etc, it is always considered a classic by Nintendo.

Want- 55%
Im a sucker for retros, and I do like Excite Bike. However, I have a laundry list of characters I want before him.

Todd Howard invades Smash Bros- 24.21%
Final Destination Dos- 9.13%

Scorpion X 4
Thwomp X 1

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Pyra & Mythra (No Rex)

Want: 5%
Xenoblade 2's main gimmick is the driver & blade mechanic. To add the blade, but not the driver wouldn't capture the spirit of the game. Yes, driverless blades are a thing in Xenoblade 2 as shown by the boss fights against Brighid, Praxis & Theory, Herald,
Jin, Malos, Akhos, Patroka, & Mikhail.
This feels like a mix of of one group ignorant of the driver/blade mechanic, another that is uncertain how the mechanic could work in Smash, and another group that likes Pyra & Mythra, but doesn't like Rex.

Excite Biker

Want: 25%

It's certainly possible the Excite Biker could get in. The character was considered back in Melee, added in as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but got demoted in Smash 4. Takamaru seems more likely, but I'm not opposed to Smash Switch adding more than one retro. You could turn to real life bike stunts for moveset inspiration. Don't limit yourself to just what the NES game presents.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Pythra Chance: 10%. They'd probably put Rex in there too.

Pythra Want: 75%. Mildly dislike Rex, like Pyra and Mythra.

Excitebike Chance: 35%. There's always a retro character, and there's lots of appeal to him between classicness, unique fighting style, and whatnot.

Excitebike Want: 75%. My top pick for a retro character by a wide margin. I like the idea of fighting using a bike, and it could lead to some cool stuff. Personally I think it'd be fun to take an "extreme" twist on the character, as in the jumping-through-flaming-hoops kind of stunt driver. Maybe his bike could overheat and eventually explode, acting as a risky but powerful KO option? That sounds rad.

Skyrim Prediction: 10%.

Music Prediction: 89.4%. (Kind of an odd one, innit?)

Nominations: Snip + Clip x5.

andimidna

Smash Master
No boys allowed:

Chance: 2%

I haven’t played the game but it sounds like she powers up Rex’s blade essentially. Seems like a great opportunity for a unique fighter with both on the battlefield. This solo status doesn’t seem like it reflects the game

Want: 20%

I don’t like her design. I like Rex’s design, but hate his voice. I don’t know

Excitebiker:

Thinking about a character permanently on a bike and I like it. Like a way more fleshed our version of Wario on his bike, more comparable to Bowser Jr I guess. Speaking of this, can we finally get a horseback character? Maybe from like Zelda or FE idk. Wolfback would be cool too btw
Ok back on topic. Takamaru seems more obvious, but this clearly a viable option and easily in the top 3 retro options. I don’t think there’s much signs towards him other than past considerations

Chance: 9.5%
Want: 75%

Skyrim content prediction: 12.25%
Other prediction: 63%
Idk what the 2nd thing is and I’m too lazy to figure it out

x4 FE Summoner
x1 Eevee

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just going to be a quick rating from me today.

Pyra & Mythra sans Rex
While vaguely in the realm of possibility, I don't even think we're getting Rex and Pyra together in the base roster, let alone the latter on her own.

Want: 70%
But I'd be cool with it. Rex is kinda a boring character to me compared to Pyra and Mythra, and it would be interesting to see them wielding their own sword like in the beginning of the game. It would be odd, don't get me wrong, but it would be interesting.

Excitebiker
Chance: 6%
The only reason he's this low for me is because I rate Takamaru so highly (about 2/3 odds of getting in, imo) and because there's so much competition between the retro characters. Plus, I think Balloon Fighter would be easier to work with than a character that's unable to dismount his vehicle.

Want: 50%
It'd be interesting enough, but I'd much rather have Takamaru and I'm not all that interested in the bike concept.

Predictions:
Skyrim Representation - 17.11%
Final Destination V2 - 40.3%

Nominations: Historical Character x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Pyra/Mythra

Want: 60%

These are blades, they can't fight without a driver. So I doubt Pyra won't be there without Rex.

Excitebiker

Chance: 30%
Want: 40%

I still believe Takamaru will get in but as the default retro character(like Ice Climbers, Pit, and Little Mac). But we also had a WTF surprise retro type character(Mr G&W, R.O.B, and Duck Hunt Duo). So he has a shot at that. Personally I'm rooting for Mach Rider for that position if another rep like that happens again.

Skyrim Prediction: 8.66%
FD Prediction: 62.66%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Pyra/Mythra

Chance: 0.1%

This is that time in where we have a possibility so unlikely because of how likely is another possibility that basically overlaps and overshadows this completely... Specially because XB2 gimmick need both driver and blade.

I'm not sure what to say about an idea like this.

Excitebiker

Standart chance rate, the character still lives from the possibilities of more Nintendo character from the old days.

Completely neutral

Prediction:

Skyrim Representation: 15.5%
FD Ver. 2 Music: 62.5%

Nominations:

Neptune (Neptune/Neptunia Series) x5

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Pyra

Chance - 0%

I've since done a complete 180° on Pyra and Rex's chances after finding out that their designs had only been finalized in August and September of 2016, which seems like far too late to be considered for Smash, considering the Smash roster had likely been finalized in mid-late 2016, meaning that the designs would have to been almost immediately shipped over and given the thumbs up by Sakurai in order to make it in time. So, I feel like the chance of us getting some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stuff is already pretty unlikely.

However, Pyra fighting on her own just straight up doesn't make sense. The whole purpose of her, and the 'blades' of XC2 in general is to provide abilities, weapons, and all sorts of stuff for drivers, the ones doing the actual fighting. Even though blades have been shown to be capable of fighting on their own, having her go solo in Smash wouldn't be Sakurai not "going with the obvious pick," it would just straight up be Sakurai making stuff up that goes against the core game mechanic of the game.

Want - 15%
Huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but not so much Rex and Pyra. I don't even have an issue with their designs like a significant amount of people here do, I just find them both to be incredibly dull. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has such an incredible cast: Nia and Dromarch, Morag and Brighid, Zekeinator and Pandoria, hell, even some later game characters I won't name drop for the sake of people here would be more interesting.
Although, I've not only lost a good amount of interest in seeing Rex and Pyra in Smash, but seeing Pyra on her own would just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth, considering how it would pretty much go against the entire premise of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's core gameplay.

Excitebiker

Chance - 1%

Possible retro rep, considering how he was considered for Melee. Pretty sure it'll still be going to Takamaru though.

Want - 70%

I did some thinking on this last night, considering it was its day tomorrow, and I realized that a speedy character who is constantly on his bike would make for a real cool fighter. I'd totally want to blast someone in the face with exhaust smoke as a back air, or jump through flaming rings for a recovery move.

Nominations:
[Veteran] Corrin x5

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Excitebiker want: 0%

I'm not really interested in a fighter mostly riding around on a bike. He would have to be off the bike and through some miracle become as memey as Captain Falcon. Also, I never found Excitebike very fun.

Nominations:

Neku x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Pyra/Mythra
Chance - 1%
I really don't see any reason they'd leave out Rex to make this possible. There is also the timing issue as Elma may have the better shot anyways.
Want - 0%
So we'd be ignoring the main character to add people's anime waifus instead? Like I really find Rex's shorts/pants/shirt thing designed to look stupid. But Pyra's design is just disgusting. She looks super young and yet wears something you might see at some weird stripper bar. She is disgusting. Mythra on the other hand looks a bit better but still is like "HEY LOOK BOYS!!! I GOT BOOBS!!!" I think both bug me as they do look like they were designed looking young and childish while also being made to look revealing and big boobed. Their designs are gross.

Excitebiker
Chance - 5%
Always the low underdog chance for some retros. His series even got a map in Mario Kart, but I kind of struggle seeing him in Smash. There's always a chance though.
Want - 30%
I'm not really excited for him. However, there is a part of me that thinks that if he did happen... it'd likely be something out of the box and exciting in that fashion.

Nominations 5x Monster Hunter

I don't mean this in a condescending way, but I honestly, truly believe that the only people supporting Steve getting in Smash are ten year olds, or sub-18 minors who grew up with Minecraft and don't have any consideration for the standards of Smash. It's just "I played Minecraft a lot so I think he should be in Smash". Well, you know what? People in hell want ice water.
Funny that some people (myself an adult) think a children's game may feature a very popular character from a series loved by children. I didn't realize some old retro puzzle character with a tiny fan base was up to standards compared to a modern success with tons of fans. I wonder which would make more children happy?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Retrobiker

omg another retro, so amazing.[/s]

Again, I'm not really sold on anything that "It's old and dead" is the only think in its favor. Excitebiker would be tough to work around in the first place, and may have been briefly considered for Melee before being dumped for the ICs since it'd be tough to get him to do anything (or we could have him be an earthbender and create his own ramps since everyone seems to be sold on terraforming movesets now...)

Takamaru's got a lock on the retro, and we really don't need them to be stuffing the roster when there are more interesting characters around that are more than just pixels. Leave the assist and call it a day. If you want, we could even go with a modeled form like he has for his Melee trophy. Best for him would really be a track in MarioKart (and he got it! The end.)

Fanservice

Again, I'm really not sure what JRPG protagonists are thinking when they get dressed in the morning.

Honestly, there's nothing special about these two if they're going to be there without the protagonist. Besides, they're probably a little on the late side - I can see Sakurai holding a slot open for a potential Xenoblase 2 protag, but I don't know if he'd go with either or both of these waifus before he takes the questionably dressed kid in charge first.

Besides, we shouldn't even be rating them in the first place, as they don't have a support thread, so strictly speaking...

However, they are mentioned in Rex's, and that leads me to another gripe I've seen around here a lot. I know I'm one of the few people who want Zelda/Shiek to reattach and for Squirtle/Ivysaur to return to Charizard's team, and I just hear a lot of "eww, transformations sucked; hard to balance; I can't be bothered to use two movesets; etc." Then I see "Rex could use Pyra, and then push a button and change his whole moveset to Mythra!" "Prince Sablé could have his three forms and you transform between each and they all have a full moveset!" "Young Link should return and be able to use the transformation masks to get many movesets in one!" Why do we want to toss all of the old transformations instead of fixing them, and add a bunch of new ones which we assume won't have the same problems?
...I just miss Squirtle...

Prediction for FDv2: 89.6%
Prediction for Skyrim rep: 8.2%

I want to mention again that I nominated "Skyrim Representation" to mean "literally anything, including just a trophy."

Nom: Transformations x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Pyra/Mythra
Chance: Abstain
I know nothing of this game.

Want: 2%
> 0% because at least they're cute. Still a no, though.

Excitebiker
Chance: 3%
Sakurai considered him once and passed. I don't see him changing his mind on that.

I can't say he's a wanted character, but if Sakurai actually decided to put him in he'd probably be pretty interesting to use. So I'd be okay.

Nominate Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x5
As a note on this nomination: I expect FE Switch to be revealed at E3, at which point this should be changed to the name of whoever it is. I don't think anyone else has been nominating this so I assume it's fine. Also, I don't know how the "must have a support thread to be nominated" rule will apply here, but my nominations have been accepted, so I'm assuming this one has been given a pass.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
However, they are mentioned in Rex's, and that leads me to another gripe I've seen around here a lot. I know I'm one of the few people who want Zelda/Shiek to reattach and for Squirtle/Ivysaur to return to Charizard's team, and I just hear a lot of "eww, transformations sucked; hard to balance; I can't be bothered to use two movesets; etc." Then I see "Rex could use Pyra, and then push a button and change his whole moveset to Mythra!" "Prince Sablé could have his three forms and you transform between each and they all have a full moveset!" "Young Link should return and be able to use the transformation masks to get many movesets in one!" Why do we want to toss all of the old transformations instead of fixing them, and add a bunch of new ones which we assume won't have the same problems?
This paragraph had some awkward truth in it. People always bash the transformation characters... until someone they support might be one. Good catch.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Interesting day today
Pyra/Mythra
Chance 1%
A core part of the blade mechanic is powering up a driver. It wouldn't be right to have it work this way. Plus Rex is the main character and they just work better together
Want 0%
I actually like Rex, I want him. I liked his overwhelming positivity. I just found him charming. Plus I just think the moveset would be far more interesting and accurate with them together. There's so much potential with Rex is would be a shame to waste it.

Excitebiker
Chance 50%
I know people are on team Takamaru but not me. Takamaru may have comments from Sakurai but he's still rather obscure AND just another sword fighter. How many characters fight with a Motorcycle? Plus Excitebike is just way more iconic. It even has a few games released after the NES and it even had a Mario Kart appearance.
Want 70%
I like this and want him. I just think he works better as the retro character.

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Prediction
Skyrim 19%
Final Destination ver 2? 36%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
but he's still rather obscure AND just another sword fighter.
Hold on, what?

Takamaru isn't primarily a sword weilder at all.

He only uses his sword when he's blocking projectiles or literally right on top of an enemy. Otherwise, he uses kunai, windmill blades, and fireballs, all thrown in various patterns. His game is basically a bullet hell, and his abilities reflect that.

Further, the sword he uses is a short katana used by unsheathing, attacking, and re-sheathing in one swift motion. This is called Iaijutsu, and is would basically translate into, like, just smash attacks. He doesn't even have it out most of the time, keeping his hand readied to throw a projectile or grab his sword at any time instead.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hold on, what?

Takamaru isn't primarily a sword weilder at all.

He only uses his sword when he's blocking projectiles or literally right on top of an enemy. Otherwise, he uses kunai, windmill blades, and fireballs, all thrown in various patterns. His game is basically a bullet hell, and his abilities reflect that.

Further, the sword he uses is a short katana used by unsheathing, attacking, and re-sheathing in one swift motion. This is called Iaijutsu, and is would basically translate into, like, just smash attacks. He doesn't even have it out most of the time, keeping his hand readied to throw a projectile or grab his sword at any time instead.
If he ever got in Smash, he would undoubtedly use his sword primarily. Just look at his assist trophy. His Mii Outfit as well. Even his appearance in the warriors game and on the cover of his own game. That's not even everything for swords.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Pyra and Mythra

I was considering giving this a 0% because of how blades with their drivers is a core mechanic of XC2, but hear me out. The bond and cooperation of Pokemon and their Trainers are a core mechanic within Pokemon, but other than Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, we see no evidence of the Pokemon in Smash working in conjunction with a trainer. While Mewtwo is an individual and can act distinctly on his own and Lucario is a bit similar with certain appearances, the Pokemon cast in Smash is pretty much made up of wild animals when it comes to the lore of Pokemon. If the connection between two bonded entities like Trainer and Pokemon can be broken in Smash, then why not the connection between Driver and Blade? Blades can fight on their own, it's not too far-fetched.

Other than that "what if", yeah no way.

I haven't even played XC2, but the camaraderie/interactions of Rex with Pyra and Mythra seem quite entertaining. Xenoblade seems pretty cool when it comes to potential content and reps as far as I can tell, but I'd want them to be properly represented. I also want people to complain about more anime sword bois

Excitebike

Chances: 10%
I don't get it when people cite Excitebike being considered for Melee only to be rejected for its unfeasibility as a positive for their inclusion. Exceptions have happened, but they are exceptions, not something to be expected or campaigned with. If Sakurai has already tried to add Excitebike only to realize that it was impossible/really hard, I don't see it having much of a chance. Regardless, it does have quite the argument for history, being one of the top-selling NES games and even having relevance/entries past its retro days.

I don't care that much, as long as he doesn't get in the way of my anticipated retro rep, Takamaru, I'm good. I often campaign for mounted characters in the sense of horses, pegasi, and wyverns, but I guess a motorcycle would also be a cool mount. Having a character with a motorcycle would be pretty awesome, and I'm interested to see what Sakurai could make of him now after rejecting him in Melee.

Skyrim Prediction: 25%
Final Destination version 2: 20%

Noms: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Pyra/Myrtha
ABSTAIN

Excitebiker
Chance: 45%
Yeah I think he's pretty likely for a retro rep. He'd offer something really unique.
Want: 70%
I think I'd like him better than Takamaru, just for the unconventional factor. A guy on a motorcycle is just the kind of absurd crazy fighter I'd want to see. Also maybe Wario's Bike move might get replaced with his Shoulder Barge if Excitebiker gets has similar moves and gimmick (can jump off his bike, throw it, etc). Yeah it's highly unlikely they'd ditch Wario's Bike if Excitebiker got it, it's not how Sakurai thinks, but a man can dream.

Predictions for Skyrim Representation (a character or anything in general?)
Chance: 12%
Want: 35%

Nominations
Barbara x3
Dr. Wright x2

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
The sauce without the burger

Makes no sense. Apparently they can't canonically fight without their drivers. Also from what I've seen they look more like they serve a supporting role in battle, while Rex does most of the damage. This would be like cutting :rosalina:but keeping the Luma.

Leaving out the main guy for the sake of exaggerating the waifuism? Lol no! I'd prefer having no characters from that game, thank you.

Exitebiker

Chance: 40%

He was considered in the past and his franchise isn't totally dead. Having a character always riding a vehicle (:4bowserjr:'s Clown car is a bit more fitting for a fighting game than a regular motorbike) does sound up Sakurai's alley. Takamaru might be higher priority however.

Want: 35%

Never played Excitebike but the idea sounds neat. Might be fun.

FD ver 2: 87.46%
Skyrim: 11.36%

Leon Kennedy x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I know this isn't the point of your post but if Rex, Pyra, and Mythra got in they wouldn't be a transforming character.

Pyra and Mythra
It will be Rex and his Blades in Smash not his Blades leaving him behind

It would just be wrong for Rex not to be with them. They're a team.

Excitebiker
It could happen but Sakurai couldn't make him work back in Melee and still hasn't. Once that's fixed he'll be in but considering what he couldn't imagine was him jumping I don't think it's likely he'll be making the jump soon.

I'm indifferent since I never played the game. Besides I'm one of the 5 people who supported Takamaru before he became popular or well known.

noms: Ray x5

If he ever got in Smash, he would undoubtedly use his sword primarily. Just look at his assist trophy. His Mii Outfit as well. Even his appearance in the warriors game and on the cover of his own game. That's not even everything for swords.
Are you talking about the AT where he spends just as much time throwing projectiles as he does slashing? Yeah mate good point. Not that him being a sword user is a problem anyways but still

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What are you even talking about in regards to his assist trophy? He throws projectiles at you from a distance and only does sword slashes when he's on top of you. That's literally just like his games.

I am playing Nazo no Murasame jo literally right now because talking about him got me in the mood to. He is not primarily a sword user. Yes, he has a sword, but to say that's his main shtick is just blatantly false. He uses it primarily for stopping projectiles midair and for killing blows. Otherwise, he relies on throwable weapons and fire.

His Mii outfit is just that - an outfit. It doesn't represent the way he fights. Warriors I admittedly don't know much about, but in that game he's a modified "edit character," so basically just another outfit for a customizable character in the same vein as Miis. You can't base your interpretation of the character off of that.

Even then, the sword moves he does have, being based in eastern swordplay, would have different characteristics for the purposes of gameplay.

Notice how these techniques focus on a much more narrow area than the swiping in the current sword users we have.

The majority of his moves aren't swordplay, and when he does use his sword, it's different from characters currently in Smash.

I mean, you can have whatever opinions you want, but don't simplify the character down into just "another swordsman" when he's canonically more than that. He's not just a samurai, he's a ninja too.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Pyra and Mythra

Chance: .01%
Nyot gonya happen nya. I think there's a good chance we'll see XC2 in smash, but if we do, it's gonya be a Rex and Pyra nya. Maybe we'd them together as a trophy nya? Probably nyot nyaaa~

Want: 65%
I wanya see XC2 in smash nya. So even if it's these two without their driver, I'd have nyo objections nya. However I would prefer a driver being playable nya. Nyalso... I like fire nya. Nyalot nya.:nifty: It's my wine and catnip nya.

Excite Biker

An iconic character from the iconic nes game Exicte Bike nya. He's been considered by Sakurai before, but without ramps he's been denied nya. Here's an idea nya! Just put him on one of those Wheely things from Kirby Super Star nya!:nifty:

Nyo objections, but I'm nyot asking for him either nya. I'm nyot sure what else he could do besides running over oponents anyways nya... which would be great of course, but nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

Top Bottom