• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think I'll abstain on Chance today. I really don't know enough on the situation here. I do know he was considered a rival of sorts to Pikachu though

Want: 4%
While the idea of this rivalry being lived out like Mario vs Sonic and Link vs Cloud is interesting, I have no connection to the series and therefore he doesn't interest me.

Nominate Lara Croft x5. Can she make it before E3? I'm pretty sure she's surpassed Parabo and Satebo in nominations now

Prediction Sylux 10%
Dark Samus 9%

(I hope I get a win)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Moveset might also be an issue. I can't see him digivolving for anything else other than his Final Smash. (Greymon's a bit on the big side) All Agumon himself can do to my knowledge is using claw attacks and a fireball.
Canonically, Agumon has several different fire breath attacks, some more resembling Bowser's, as well as a wide variety of claw attacks, an axe and, in one incarnation, wings made out of pure energy. His moveset potential may not be huge but it was big enough for Digimon's own item based fighting games and he'd at least have more animation variety than Sonic.

Want: 70%
He's not Guilmon or Patamon and this isn't Tekken so he can't come tag teamed with Marcus but my preference for other digimon doesn't stop him from being one of my bigger wants.

Chance: 5%
He's a big name from the 90s, which is very much the nostalgic in era these days, his company has a rather large foot in the door and he has the same rival appeal as Sonic. Unfortunately, though, his popularity has dwindled along with that of his series and Namco have other characters with more current relevance.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
agumon

chances: 5% i just dont see it happening

want: 65% i do love digimon and wouldnt mind seeing them cross over with nintendo

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Agumon

Chance: 1%
This guy is a relic of the past who's way past his prime. I might have given him a higher score back during Brawl, but there's not much helping his chances nowadays.

Want: 10%
At the very least, I'd probably like him more than Jibanyan.

Dark Samus prediction: 6.1%
Sylux prediction: 13.2%

Nominations: Lara Croft x5 (I got a few different requests, so I'll be rotating through my noms each day).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Agumon

Really don't see this happening. From what I see he's barely requested, which is hugely important for third parties.

Want: 0%
I'd prefer others. Give me Gomamon instead, Sakurai. :p

Predicting a 3.2 for Dark Samus
Predicting a 12.2 for Sylux

Nominating K. Rool x5 (Anyone wanna help get this up before E3?)

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Agumon

Chance : 4%
It's not really the biggest series Bandi Namco has and it has a lot of competitors.

Want: 70%
Pokemon vs Digimon

Nomination Django x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Agumon

A Digimon? Well, looking at the franchise, there's still games being made, with one having been released in 2017 in the big three regions. There's another after, but that's Japan only for the time being. I also saw a 7-year gap between Digimon games releasing in North America. Probably not good for the little guy.

So was Pokemon vs Digimon a thing in the late 90s/early 2000s? I wouldn't know because I didn't play either one back then. I only got into Pokemon starting with Platinum. I never saw anything with Digimon. If I ever did, I certainly didn't recognize it. Being part of Bandai-Namco, I'd rather see someone else from them get in.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wannabe Pikachu

I remember when Digimon used to be huge and everyone talked about the rivalry between Pokémon and Digimon.

And now, Pokémon's going strong, while barely anyone hears of Digimon anymore. Guess we all knew how that one would turn out. Kinda like Yo-Kai Watch on a longer timescale. Pro tip: Don't make a Pokémon competitor - you won't be able to as well as Game Freak.

I know next to nothing about the Digimon franchise, but I can't see a reason to put in a third-party no-longer-relevant character like Agumon for any reason other than "lol they used to be rivals."

His design looks cool enough, I guess, but I'm stingy with third parties, and Digimon never was a 'friendly' rivalry like Sonic/Mario. It was more of a 'If you like this you're stupid.' Thus, a lot of people really have strong dislikes of Agumon, and I'll pass on him.

Prediction for Dark Samus: 7.3%
Prediction for Sylux: 19.3%
Nom: Skyrim x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Agumon

Chance - 0.5% - Third parties are usually huge. Agumon sadly has failed the test of time. Digimon has mostly fell to the wayside and is mostly forgotten these days, at least on the State side. I think Namco would go for something a bit more memorable and/or relevant these days.

Want - 35% - Not appealing. Would rather the third party go to someone else.

Predictions

Dark Samus - 8.93% - Clone material.

Sylux - 4.53% - I dunno.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Agumon
Chance: 2%
Digimon is not as big of a series as one would think, Agumon would have to compete with Heihachi, A Tales of(most likely Lloyd) rep, and of course KOS-MOS for a second Namco rep.

I was a big fan of the Digimon anime for the first and second season growing up, but Agumon by himself is far from my favorite, I must prefer his digievolutions in MetalGreymon and WarGreymon who would probably be final smashes for him. I much rather have Angewomon, Lillymon, Myotismon, Piedmon, well a huge list of who I rather see as a Digimon rep.

Dark Samus: 4%
Sylux: 10.75%

I am not always going to help the same person out everyday, but I'll still give Opossum a hand today.

x5 to K.Rool

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Agumon
Chance
ok so Pokemon and Digimon at one point were bitter rivals like Mario and Sonic, Pepsi and Coke,Target and Walmart etc. The thing is unlike those Digimon kinda fadded out as Pokemon has stayed strong. Digimon hasn't had a game since 2015/2016 depending on region. And once again he would be a 3rd party up against more icon and better choices for it. THe only reason he has was he was a rival to pokemon years ago. But he never stood the test of time.
10%

Want
would be cool to have a digimon rep to fight against pokemon. But I think we should save 3rd parties for more important charcters like Crash
30%

nominating
labo guy x5

predicting Dark Samus at 12.5%
sylux at 17%

D

Deleted member

Agumon
Finally got his day... That being said.
Chance 0%
If i could give a negative score i would. There is no way digimon would comw to smash as long as pokemon is still there(i imagine they would leave if it meant there competition is also in the same game).
Want 0%
Iconic yes.... But nah. He has cool designs but i really dont see a need for him.
*edit completely forgot the other parts haha
Prediction
Dark Samus 11%
Sylux 18%

Noms
Sable Prince x2
Tora and Poppi x3

Last edited by a moderator:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I remember when Digimon used to be huge and everyone talked about the rivalry between Pokémon and Digimon.

And now, Pokémon's going strong, while barely anyone hears of Digimon anymore. Guess we all knew how that one would turn out. Kinda like Yo-Kai Watch on a longer timescale. Pro tip: Don't make a Pokémon competitor - you won't be able to as well as Game Freak.
As a westerner, it's very easy to look at it that way but the two actually came into existence at a similar time in japan and they were initially quite distinct. Digimon was the result of Bandai wanting a more male-oriented version of their Tamagotchi brand. It was more about raising and forming a bond with your fighting monster than collecting tonnes of them.

The fact that Digimon was so much slower to come overseas and got an anime (which Pokemon ironically ripped off elements of) on the popularity of its adverts did it no favours when it came to comparison.

Heck, I dismissed it as derivative when I was a kid but my parents made me watch it and it turned out to be a far superior show.

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Agumon

Chance: 3%

Digimon may be an iconic franchise due to its immense popularity in the late 1990s, but it unfortunately does not have the lasting popularity now for Sakurai to give him much consideration. He unfortunately just is not as much of a gaming icon as Snake, Cloud, or Pac-Man. Even Digimon's impact on the Tamagotchi lines does not help it much as that eventually faded into obscurity as well. Agumon also likely did not do well enough on the ballot to consider him over any other Bandai Namco rep who still has lasting popularity, like Heihachi or Nightmare. As much as I would love to see a Pokemon versus Digimon battle in Super Smash Bros., it simply will not be happening any time soon.

Want: 85%

I love the concept of Digimon being creatures created in a digital world who are essentially partners with those they travel with. I also think Digivolution would make for a very interesting mechanic and could be a welcomed mid-battle transformation mechanic, especially if it were to be unique to Agumon.

Predictions:
Sylux: 12.54%
Dark Samus: 8.87%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x4
Lara Croft x1

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Agumon

Chance 0%: Digimon is utterly dead and buried. If people think Crash Bandicoot "crashed and burned", then Digimon outright committed suicide. The Pokemon company would also be outraged that this is getting dev time over another Pokemon. Even if a Digimon was picked for some unfathomable reason, it would probably not be Agumon.

Want 3%: Digimon is an okay franchise and has some elements to it that are better than Pokemon, such as not being quite as happy go lucky. The issue is this is specifically for the bland Agumon. I suppose Agumon could at least Digivolve to Greymon in the middle of the fight to be less boring, but if it's only the Final Smash then I'm definitely out.

Nominate Cranky Kong x2
Nominate Fawful x3

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Agumon

Chances: 1%
It's a third party character that not many people care about. It would have so little priority it's not even funny, and not to mention that Digimon hasn't even had a new game in a while either, unless they're so unnoticeable that nobody has noticed.

I couldn't care less about this series, frankly. On top of that, I'm not interested in throwing as many third party characters into this nintendo fighting game as possible, an opinion that apparently is in the minority around the internet, which is a damn shame.

Nominations: Louie x5

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Agumon

Chances: 3%

I really just don't see any Digimon making it into Smash, I mean they were big but not that anymore, and it's most definitely not biggest franchise. I mean, of all of Namco's crossover games I don't think that Digimon has ever appeared in one. Take Namco x Capcom for instance, characters from Tower of Drauga, The Adventure of Valkyrie, Wonder Momo and even Bravo Man got in that game, yet Digimon didn't appear at all. In one of Namco's biggest cross over games at the time when Digimon was still pretty relevant and it didn't appear at all. Now, when Digimon is barely as relevant as it used to be, I doubt anyone would get in over Namco's more relevant and popular franchises. All I can say is that Agumon would be the obvious choice if it somehow did get a rep.

I loved Digimon as a kid, had a few of the pets, and remember having a Digimon game for the GCN, but I was more interested in the anime. Still, I don't really want a Digimon in Smash. Above all other Namco reps I would much rather have Klonoa, as I said with KOS-MOS.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Agumon

Chance - 1%

Digimon was decently big back in the Pokemania days; not so much now. If he wants to get in Smash, he's pretty much riding on his 90s popularity alone. Pretty sure Heihachi is next in line in terms of Namco characters, considering he was considered for Smash 4 DLC, anyway.

Want - 1%

I have no relationship with the Digimon franchise, but Agumon is pretty iconic and would settle the playground argument of "Who would win in a fight? Pikachu or Agumon?" of yesteryear, so I'm not completely against him. I'd still rather not have him, though.

Nominations:
Corrin x5
(if anyone wants me to do certain nominations just tell me what to vote for, first come first serve)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
There's no need to call others names.
Chance 0%: Digimon is utterly dead and buried. If people think Crash Bandicoot "crashed and burned", then Digimon outright committed suicide. The Pokemon company would also be outraged that this is getting dev time over another Pokemon. Even if a Digimon was picked for some unfathomable reason, it would probably not be Agumon.

Want 3%: Digimon is an okay franchise and has some elements to it that are better than Pokemon, such as not being quite as happy go lucky. The issue is this is specifically for the bland Agumon. I suppose Agumon could at least Digivolve to Greymon in the middle of the fight to be less boring, but if it's only the Final Smash then I'm definitely out.
Unlike Crash Bandicoot, Digimon has had consisent anime releases and even recent video games. I would argue that his relevance at the current time is greater than Megaman's was before Smash 4.

Now, that's not to say that I expect Agumon or that he can compete with Megaman in any other way but calling him "dead and buried" is kinda dumb when far deader characters have been in Smash before.

And, speaking of idiocy, I understand that it stems from your own personal bias against the character but claiming that the series mascot, who even appears in its logo, wouldn't be the first digimon picked is way up there in that regard.

...of all of Namco's crossover games I don't think that Digimon has ever appeared in one. Take Namco x Capcom for instance, characters from Tower of Drauga, The Adventure of Valkyrie, Wonder Momo and even Bravo Man got in that game, yet Digimon didn't appear at all. In one of Namco's biggest cross over games at the time when Digimon was still pretty relevant and it didn't appear at all. Now, when Digimon is barely as relevant as it used to be, I doubt anyone would get in over Namco's more relevant and popular franchises.
There's a good reason why Agumon has never appeared in a Namco x game. Those games are celebrations of classic Namco titles and Digimon isn't one of them. Digimon is a classic Bandai title.

Namco and Bandai might be one company now but, like Squaresoft and Enix, it hasn't always been that way.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Augmon
Chances: 5%
Want: 5%

Honestly had no idea this franchise was still alive, that being said Digimon has not seemed to have been competitive to Pokemon in a really long time so I see no reason for this to happen. I have no attachment to franchise either so I also just do not want this to happen either.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Agumon

Chance: 4%

Of all Bandai characters, he's the least requested due to the status of the series being a video game character (It did start out as a Tamagotchi clone after all). On top of Digimon's dying popularity in the West since the early 2000's.

Want: 40%

Agumon is cool, especially with Greymon. But I am not that sold on Digimon representation.

Prediction for Dark Samus: 3%
Prediction for Sylux: 10%

Nomination: Ayumi Tachibana

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Agumon

Remember how we're supposed to be judging video game characters/franchises? Because I don't believe that Digimon really qualifies as one.

The only reason so many people got into liking Digimon was because of the anime. The original Tamagochi rip-offs were a fad at best, and every game afterwards has been an otherwise-forgetable RPG or what have you. No one ever talks about Digimon games, which is the one thing Smash Bros. really cares about.

Want: 1%
Let Pokemon and Digimon settle their score in their own time. Adding a mini-Bowser to the roster isn't exactly the most appealing choice in the world either.

Prediction:
Dark Samus: 12%

Nominations:
Viridi x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Agumon

Chance: 6%

Digimon is in a weird status after nearly died several times, and they're still trying to recover themselves from being so massively overshadow... At least the toy-video game thing is somewhat popular and the anime too. And the Digimon itself are recognizable despite don't be for the best reasons.

Want: 50%

I like Digimon, but I'm not exactly a fan of Agumon himself (I want him to be able to evolve to Greymon using some kind of gimmick, and to Metal/Wargreymon as the FS) XD

Prediction

Sylux: 13.3%
Dark Samus: 8.7%

Nominations

Ayumi Tachibana x3
Steve x2

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Agumon

Chance: 3%

In my opinion he's more likely than the first Namco Bandai character we rated, but not by a lot. Unfortunately for the little guy Digimon's popularity is nowhere near where it was in the 90s, and there's not a lot of support for him at this point, which isn't good for a third party. There's also plenty of competition for a second spot for the company and I'm not sure one will even exist. Heihachi and Lloyd feel like the frontrunners to me, and I'm not sure yet if he's the first choice behind those two. It's just not looking good for the digital monster.

Want: 60%

While not high priority among third parties for me, Agumon would probably be my first choice for another Namco Bandai character, if only because watching him and Pikachu fight would be pretty neat. I like Digimon enough as a whole, anyway.

Dark Samus prediction: 8.84%
Sylux prediction: 15.26%

Nominations: Lara Croft x5

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Agumon, huh? cool.

chance: 5%
i'm not gonna comment on the topics of Digimon's current quality, history with nintendo, and whether a tamagotchi-like qualifies it as a game or not. but even if every other point checks out, i imagine Namco-Bandai would have a list of characters they'd want to push before Agumon. his spot on my list of pipe dreams is pretty permanent. that said...

want: 90%
there's a very short list of 3rd-party characters i know or care for, and Agumon's on it. i kinda fell off the Digimon wagon halfway through season 4 but i've still got very fond memories of the first three seasons. if a Digimon beat the odds and made it into Smash, my younger self would burst out of my ribcage like a Xenomorph just to flip out about it.

and uhh, do i have to make predictions or nominate someone? i have no ideas, sorry ^^;

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Agumon

Remember how we're supposed to be judging video game characters/franchises? Because I don't believe that Digimon really qualifies as one.
I mean, to play devil's advocate, if Game and Watch systems count as video games than virtual pets definitely do. Tiny, portable LCD minigames, but still.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm super happy that my time has finally come! So let's talk a little about Namco Bandai's yellow dinosaur!

Chances: 50%
Want: 100%

1 - The rivalry between Digimon and Pokémon will really shine in that choice. I literally do not see any other franchise in Video Game history that could get into Smash as a Pokémon Rival.

2 - Digimon has two games named "Rumble Arena", extremely similar to Smash Bros. And for the record, it was probably from those games that the Final Smash were taken.

3 - Super Smash Bros 4 was literally developed by Namco Bandai, Pokkén was also! Amazing how Digimon and Pokémon are extremely close recently! This would be a huge chance for the two franchises to meet!

4 - For those who believe that Digimon did not start as a Video Game: Yes it started! Virtual Pets were the start of Digimon! Very similar to "Mr. Game & Watch", but a type of Video Games not yet represented in Smash Bros.

5 - Want to see examples of Movesets for him? Alternative clothes? Evolutions possible? Enter the official Agumon topic in this link:
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-burning-digimon-dinosaur-agumon-for-smash.453284/

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Agumon

Chance: 5%

I used to think Agumon has the icon appeal, and while he was a big deal back then, his franchise lost its popularity as time went on. Add to the competition it has to face with other Namco icons, and things aren't exactly looking good for this Digimon at the moment.

I was a big Digimon fan as a kid (the TV show in particular), but my interest in it declined as time went on. Agumon was never a Digimon that I was fond of either. That title went to Gatomon, and there was a point I even wanted her in Smash as well.

------

Predictions

Dark Samus (Metroid): 7.33%

That Assist Trophy deal might still be an issue.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

(if anyone wants me to do certain nominations just tell me what to vote for, first come first serve)
I know you already gave your nominations for today, but if you're looking for something to nominate tomorrow and later days, fill free to lend a hand with Corrin. I'm still interesting in wanting to discuss his/her chances.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Agumon
Double zeroes
As far as I’m concerned, a Tamagotchi clone is a toy, not a video game. Even if you wanna argue semantics, there’s no arguing that’s Digimon as a franchise has really fallen from grace; it still puts out game, sure, but they’re incredibly niche. As far as want goes, the Digimon designs (particularly Agumon) always felt generic and uninspired to me.

Predictions:
Dark Samus 11%
Sylux 25%
I’m sensing Metroid Prime 4 will help both their chances (even though DS won’t be in it).

Nominations: Ayumi TachibanaX5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Agumon

Chance: 10%

Want: 80%

He would seem like a good choice considering we have Mario vs Sonic, Cloud vs Link, so might as well go with the other legendary battle of Pikachu vs Agumon. That said though he has to compete with other potential Namco reps in Heihachi and Lloyd. But he would be a fun choice though.

Dark Samus Prediction: 7.77%
Sylux Prediction: 10.04%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Agumon
Chance - 5%
3rd parties always have more bars to jump over before landing into Smash, so this little guy is in a uphill battle. And honestly, I haven't heard anything about Digimon in ages. I remember some rivalry between Pokemon and Digimon growing up, may of even played one Digimon game. But now? I haven't heard of it till rating Agumon came up. Small chance of it happening, cause it could... I just don't think it's likely.
Want - 10%
He is a little cute but rather bland looking. I may of played a Digimon game, but I never got into them like I did Pokemon. I wouldn't really be opposed to it though, but I wouldn't be excited either.

Nominations
5x Monster Hunter

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Agumon
Chance: 0.5%

Cannot see it happening honestly. ot because he debuted on a toy(oh hi R.O.B. and G+W) but because Pokémon vs. Digimon seems too good to actually happen.

Want: 75%
Which is a shame because I unironically adore Digimon almost as much as Pokémon. Agumon vs. Pikachu isn't really a match up I care about but maybe Greymon vs. Charizard?

Agumon is the only Digimon I think deserves it even if he's far from my favourite.

Prediction Dark Samus: 15%

Nomination: Meowth x 5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Agumon want: 0% (5-10*)

I dislike Agumon's design, but like the case of Jibanyan, I like the idea of Pokémon rivals in Smash. It would even be cool to have all three.

Nominations:

Decloned Ganondorf x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Agumon

Chance: 0%
I'm sure they wouldn't go for it. There's things that have an honest chance, and then there's this.

In my opinion, Digimon is not unique or interesting enough as a franchise to warrant inclusion in something as big as Smash. There's a difference between Sonic's relationship with Mario and Digimon's relationship with Pokemon.

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

:171:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Agumon

Chance: 0%
I think the “epic rivalry” is massively overplayed here. The thing is, from my memory, Digimon games never even scratched Pokémon’s dominance. My entire school cafeteria was full of kids playing Pokémon. Most of them didn’t even know Digimon had games. Where the true rivalry played out was in the anime, not the games. Digimon may have been solid, but Pokémon was always far beyond it on that front.

Not a fan of Agumon. Not a fan of Digimon outside of an anime season.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Agumon

Chance: 0.5%
When it comes to third parties they certainly seem to need to have a legendary status. Like Mega Man or Pac-Man. Or highly requested like Bayonetta. A Nintendo IP doesn't need to be legendary or highly requested to get it, but that seems to be the case with 3rd Parties.
Really don't care to see a Digimon in there. Or Yo-Kai. Pokemon is good enough for Monster Franchise representation.

Predictions for Dark Samus
Chance: 17%
Want: 25%

Nominations:
Barbara the Bat ×3
Slime ×2

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Agumon

Digimon was a big thing. Keyword is: was. Now its by no means irrelevant but it doesn't quite live up to the standards it used to hold as a legitemate rival of Nintendo's own Pokemon franchise. Being owned by Namco could help his chances but with several other third party options the company could offer it seems less likely to be on Sakurai's radar.

I was at one point very much into Digimon. I watched the whole first season of the anime I collected cards, though I never played any of the Digimon games. In fact Agumon's mega form Wargreymon was my favourite Digimon. That said unlike Pokemon I lost interest in the series and as of now while he'd make for an interesting fighter (because fire-breathing mech t-rex), he's not exactly a character I'd be upset about if he's not in.

----

Dark Samus-5.03%
Sylux-9.12%
Oh boi...two metroid characters in the same day? And one of them is my second most wanted character overall.

----

Lara Croftx5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Agumon

Chance: 7% - Heihachi stands strong as the obvious next Bandai Namco choice, which alone is a massive blow to Agumon’s chances. Even if we were to get a third character from them, there’s Tales, Soul Calibur, and other series to compete with. If we get to three characters, I think Agumon might get some extra attention due to the rivalry with Pokémon and Smash’s predilection for making those dream matches come true. But, I don’t see us getting three Namco characters anytime soon, and Tales in particular seems to be much better poised for the spot considering the Lloyd Mii costume.

Want: 90% - As someone who lived through the playground Pokémon vs. Digimon wars, this would be almost as big of a rivalry realized as Mario and Sonic. He’s not my most wanted, but if we got a trailer where the Smash logo sliced in and the Digimon intro theme started playing, I’d lose my mind with hype.

Predictions

Dark Samus: 8.56% - Not lookin good for this dark doppelgänger. Unless the “Baby Metroid in Fed Force was cloned from Dark Samus” theory is correct, her time in the franchise is done now. This is probably her last chance to make it in, but people seem pretty pessimistic on her.

Sylux: 9.21% - Even though he’s not been voted on yet, Sylux is already a strong contender for “most overrated” in my book. Aside from cameos, he’s not even done anything yet that puts him above the level of the other hunters, yet I see higher prediction scores all around for him than Dark Samus. If there’s debate about Spring Man and Rex being too soon, then Sylux should be dead in the water considering we haven’t even seen GAMEPLAY of the title he’s getting his big break in. Tomorrow’s going to be... interesting, for sure.

Nominations

Lara Croft x 5 - Since Scorpion doesn’t seem like he’ll make it in time for E3, I’ll pause on him for now and help that Lara Croft dream come true.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Agumon
Chance: .1%
He's not exactly super famous or as relevant as he used to be. He also doesn't have a huge history of appearances on Nintendo consoles. As a Namxo character, he's also got competition with much more likely characters.
Want: 5%
I liked Digimon a lot when I was a kid, but I don't really want him in Smash. I mm not against it, but I wouldn't get excited on the slightest for his inclusion.

Dark Samus Prediction: 14.46%
Sylux Prediction: 10.31%

Nominations
Endou Mamoru x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Agumon

Faces competition with other Bandai Namco characters and maybe other Digimons (though Agumon would be the likeliest) as well nya. Digimon has nyalso lost quite a bit of popularity too, hurting Agumon's chances even more nya.

Want: 15%
I've never played or really cared nyabout Digimon, so I'm indifferent nya. Personally I'd just rather have more Pokemon nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

Top Bottom