• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Azura

Chance: 0%
Fates's time has come and gone. Plus, a lot of people are already mad about her brother-cousin being in there.

Want: 0%
No more Fire Emblems. And because we need two sentences now; No more Fire Emblems.

Sans prediction: 10%

Nominations: Travis Touchdown x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Azura want: 40% Edit: If this hasn't been counted yet, please mark it as 32%

She is a spear user, which I really want, but her signature spear looks like it would be slower than I'd like. Also, water abilities are cool, but Greninja has that covered, and along with her dancing moves (which could be cool), they make using her as a base for character costumes very unlikely. I'd prefer a basic, fast spear-user like Ephraim. Someone like him could have plenty of other characters as costumes.

Noninations:

FE Spear User x5

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Azura

Chance: 1%

I don't think another Fates character will be considered. They're more likely to look towards promoting future titles.

She has no interesting qualities. I don't have a history with this character.

Nominations:
Wonder Red ×3
Lip ×2

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Chance: 5%
While she is the most likely Fates character, I don't think a Fates character is likely for Smash Switch. I don't think Celica is very likely, but she is more recent than Azura. Then too, I think they may even look to a Fire Emblem Switch character over another character from Fates. Even Lyn I think is more likely than Azura, as she has the fan backing, support of Intelligent Systems, and the iconic status (being the West's first Fire Emblem character).
Oh, yes. And all of that assumes they're even going to add another Fire Emblem character, which I also think is unlikely.
Want: 40%
Wouldn't hate her, wouldn't want her in. I'm mostly either-or on her, just think there are a few more characters I'd want to see get in before her.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Azura
Double 0
We already have 6 Fire Emblem characters, we already have a character from Fates, despite its success, it was the topic of a lot controversy among fans. And I really don't want another Fire Emblem character.

Nominate Lara Croft x5

Prediction Sans 1%

andimidna

Smash Master
I think the spinoff base roster thing is referring to FE Warriors? Pretty sure the same is true of Toon Link, but that did kind of have its own story ig
It’s weird too bc I don’t think she even got a trophy in Smash 4. Nintendo really been doing her dirty after the first fates trailer smdh

Azura:
She’s fallen so quick from where she would’ve been considered in like 2016 oop
Chance: 2%
While she was like initially the main face and secondary protagonist of the most recent entirely new FE game, that probably won’t cut it. She’s got a ton of competition like any FE character, combined with her game being represented and the series being likely to move on to the Switch and possibly not get a newcomer. I don’t think it’s too little, but it’s too late. Her impact over time doesn’t seem to have maintained like other older FE characters, and she doesn’t have the best rep. It’s like she has an ok standing in each category: popularity, recognizability, relevance, importance. The only one I think that she really shines in is moveset potential, and no, not cause of the spear- don’t care too much about that. But the dancing and water and singing. That’d be cool.
Want: 99%
Oop she’s my 3rd most wanted though lmao
Been imagining how she’d fight for awhile now

Prediction Sans: 8%
There’s gonna be lots of 0s and 1s but also probably like a 70 or two so who knows

Not sure why the requirement for how many nominations were needed was moved up by so much, but ig I’ll start saving what seems worthy
x5 Style Savvy character

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Azura:

If Smash started the project plan around the same time DLC ended for 4, than FE Fates would be in the spotlight when it comes to Fire Emblem. That is really all that is going for her. She has an appealing design, interesting moveset potential, and just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Corrin kind of kills her chances though. Fates doesn't have enough importance to Fire Emblem to warrant a second character. Awakening deserves two because it pretty much revived the franchise. After 4, FE is probably going to slow down and only add one or at most two new characters. There is stiff competition for those spots, and Azura just isn't cutting it.

Want: 30%
If she had been from any other franchise, this would be a much higher score. I don't dislike the amount of FE characters in smash currently, nor would I mind one or two more, but the problem comes when you over represent one game out of a franchise. You can see this in Pokemon, where 4/6 of the characters are from generation 1. Still giving her 30% because her design is nice and she has a cool weapon.

Sans Prediction:
5.41%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Azura
Chance 15%: Unfortunately her chance has passed. It is a hard sell for any FE game to get a second character, Awakening got a pass because of a last minute alt turned clone. But Azura is still quite popular and her moveset potential is great with her dancing, spear, water-controlling abilities and such so maybe Sakurai will take notice of that.

Want: 100%
Azura is one of my favorite Fates.. Well FE female characters in general so I would love to see her in this game. Truth be told I was hoping she would be the Fates rep for SSB4 dlc before Corrin got revealed.

Sans: 7.77%

x5 to Lip

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Azura:

Chance: 6%
With Corrin already in Smash, I don't see us getting another character from Fates, unless the backlash against Corrin prompted them to swap out for someone much better received (AKA Arthur) :p but I don't see Corrin leaving. (Personally I'd keep F!Corrin, and delete M!Corrin as an entity entirely or swap them so F!Corrin's the default) Fates, while an well-selling title, doesn't exactly have a good history with many players (especially Smashers), so I doubt we'll see another Fates character like Azura.

Fates isn't exactly my favourite FE Game anyways for a number of reasons, so I don't really want Azura in Smash Bros. I'd much rather Lyn or Celica as a hypothetical FE newcomer, or giving it a miss in favour of another newcomer/series.

Nominate: Yu Narukami X3
Solaire X2

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Azura Chance: 5%
I'd say she got lost in the waves of competition. Not only did Sakurai opt Corrin over her for a Fates character, he also mentioned how even he thinks Fire Emblem has a lot of characters now. While there are some theories that Chrom was planned to be in as a a second Awakening character next to Robin, I don't think Fates warrants the double-dip
That said, Fire Emblem is in a limbo right now where a lot is happening at once, between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors giving new attention to old heroes and Fire Emblem Echoes bringing new heroes to the table, Azura is sadly not an option, even if her moveset potential is one of the biggest of all contestants for the "slot" of the Fire Emblem series thus far, which is the sole reason this barefoot songstress has a chance.

Azura Want: 100%
Her potential is enormous.
There is no character who dances in my mind quite like Azura, llterally.
She's a dancer, songstress, wields a lance and manipulates water and terrain (Since Corrin doesn't use Fates' Dragon's Vein mechanic, Azura could)
There's no character that could move around the battlefield like Azura can, fluid as the waves and precise like the rivers.
She'd be an amazing addition and to this day I believe she should've been picked over Corrin if it came down to uniqueness.

Balloon Fighter x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Azura chances: 0.1%
Azura want: 0%

She seems unlikely. I'm not interested in seeing her in Smash.
I have done my two sentences of reasoning, that means TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom you have the obligation according to the new rules to count my scores and nominations :troll:

Seriously though, lack of individual star power as a Nintendo character and the fact that she comes from the same game as another Fire Emblem character already in Smash doesn't sound good for her chances. We might get Corrin back if anything, and like Micaiah I don't see her as being seriously considered let alone prioritized. Add Sakurai's comment about his concern about the number of playable FE reps and you have the recipe for a no-chancer. Hypothetically FE16 could be set in the Fates universe and she could get more importance as an FE character and Sakurai would be informed soon enough to let it influence the new Smash but eh, that's one massive stretch.

I don't have any particular interest in her, and her having a lance rather than a sword isn't enough to convince me. I don't see a reason to replace Corrin with her, and having both would feel it's pushing it.

Sans prediction: 3.94%

Nominating:
Returning fighter: Corrin x3
Returning game mode: Smash Run x2

D

Deleted member

Azura

Chance: 3%
There will probably be backlash to a new FE character. And even if we got one, it'd probably be Lyn, Celica, or FE16's lord (all of which I probably should've rated lower, but w/e). She is unique though, sporting waterbending powers + a lance with a songstress buff to boot, so maybe she'd be considered. Fates's time in the spotlight has passed though.

Want: 65%
That said, I would like her. I love Fire Emblem and Azura is one of my favorites from Fates. I'd still prefer other characters like Jakob or Takumi from Fates alone though.

Nominating Tingle x5

Sans prediction: 4.5%

Last edited by a moderator:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Azura Striker Gunvolt

Chance- 5%
Sakurai wouldve been well aware that FE Fates would be old news in 2018. Add in the fact yhere are about as many FE vlcharacters trying to get in the game as there are Pokemon in gen 8, and we already have Corrin, shes a far cry by now unless Sakurai really likes her.

Want- 0%
Not a fan of FE games. As long as they dont go gung-ho on Fire Emblem gain I dont care who the new character is eiither.

People are gonna call Sans Ness- 100.00%
Sans himself- 12.53%

Steve X 4
Thwomp X 1

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Azura

Unless Sakurai is desperate to find some more newcomers, I can't see him revisiting Fates to add a second character. Even then, there's some competition from other characters.

Just about everything Azura offers, Mipha has as well. The spear, the water element, the reserved personality - heck, Mipha also has healing powers and a Sheikah Slate. Azura has the potential to be unique, but she isn't the only character out there with a spear.

Aside from me not wanting more FE characters, I'd prefer to get Mipha and Bandana Dee before her.

Sans prediction: 6.3%

Nominations: Mipha x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Goddess of Dusk and Dawn

...wait

Want: 90%

Azura was definitely pushed in the marketing of Fates. I remember around the time of Sm4sh DLC speculation right when it released that Azura was practically the only character in all of the trailers.

Then they released Corrin to an insane amount of backlash. Also, I hear Fates wasn't well received, so why would they bother?

Still, I did like her aesthetic, and I'd love a spearman in the games. I never really saw BDee as a spearman since he doesn't have the 'man' bodyshape, and really wouldn't be able to pull off anything more interesting than poking - which makes him a ball with a stick. And Mipha...never does anything more than hold the spear in the first place in her game - and you only see her holding it in a statue and a DLC-only cutscene. Azura's the one character we've actually seen using it as a spear. And I'd love more water/grass moves since that would give more hope to getting Pokémon Trainer back too (Shut up, I can dream, can't I?)

Also won't stop the legions of "Ew, no more Fire Emblems!" Granted, I'd prefer removing some of the older ones (like keep Lucy and alt and possibly get rid of Corrin since not many liked him) to fit Azura in.

And of course, it helps that she shares a name with a goddess from The Elder Scrolls.

Prediction for Sans: 3.5%
Nom: anything from Skyrim x5

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Also, I hear Fates did poorly, so why would they bother?
I don't ever recall Fates selling poorly. It sold extremely well, according to the Wikipedia page. Apparently it's amassed around 1.84 million copies according to one of Nintendo's Financial Reports. So it never really failed.

If anything, Fates has a Broken Base page for itself on TV Tropes to show how divisive the game was. Not to mention Corrin's less-than-stellar reception from the Smash Bros fanbase.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I don't ever recall Fates selling poorly. It sold extremely well, according to the Wikipedia page. Apparently it's amassed around 1.84 million copies according to one of Nintendo's Financial Reports. So it never really failed.

If anything, Fates has a Broken Base page for itself on TV Tropes to show how divisive the game was. Not to mention Corrin's less-than-stellar reception from the Smash Bros fanbase.
Sorry, meant reception. Edited

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Azura
Chance: 2% - She has almost everything going against her. There were two new Fire Emblem titles in production after the time Smash 5 started development, making Fates already dated. Fire Emblem Fates is also probably the most polarizing game in the franchise and I doubt giving two reps would be well recieved.
Want: 100% - Probably my favourite major character in FE. I really wish Sakurai and his team had chosen her over Corrin for SSB5. I feel she would have been a lot less polarizing.

Sans prediction: 2%

Nominations: Eevee x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Azura

Chance - 0%

Since we did the ratings for Lyn and Celica, have begun to think more and more that we won't be getting another Fire Emblem character this time around, and even if we did, I doubt it would be a Fates character because not only is Fates not the new, hot thing in the Fire Emblem franchise anymore, but its already represented by Corrin.

Even if we somehow did get another Fates character in Smash, I could see it being Camilla anyway, because it seems like IntSys likes pushing her a lot more, and she tends to be a more popular character. Even though her reasons of being more popular are pretty shallow.

Want - 0%

I really don't like Fire Emblem Fates. It is probably my least favorite game in the series, aside from maybe the original Gaiden on the NES, but at least Gaiden had a remake to redeem itself. I think pretty much everything about the Fates games is god awful, aside from the gameplay of Conquest, but thats a topic for somewhere else.

The idea of having ANOTHER character from my least favorite Fire Emblem game, especially being a character I'm really not fond of in the first place, is something I'd really rather not see in Smash.

Nominations:
Eevee x5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Azura

Chance 6%
Want 50%

I would have liked her as the main character instead of Corrin just like I would have liked Lissa instead of Chrom/Lucina. I love characters that break away from the usual blue haired or swordfighter designs, it’s been so long since there’s been a unique lord (like Micaiah). Anyways I don’t expect her to be in smash because Corrin probably isn’t getting replaced, oh well.

X5 Agumon <- did you say he needed help? I’ll help.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Azura

The fabled 0%. Between having a lot of Fire Emblem characters already, Fates being past its relevance prime, and already having Corrin, this is low. Add in the fact that Lyn and Celica exist and it goes even lower. Hell, HECTOR has a better shot at this point.

Want: 1%

Gave a pity percent due to her VA, Rena Strober, being a sweetheart. She's seriously so nice.
Outside of that, not my cup of tea. Not only is she partly responsible for some of the MANY narrative issues Fates had, but even from Fates itself there are several characters I'd want more disregarding likelihood (Oboro, Ryoma, Takumi, Yukimura, and Arthur come to mind). Add in the fact that there are at least fifty Fire Emblem characters IN GENERAL I'd prefer to see over her in Smash, and things aren't looking good for Azura.

Predicting a 6.8 for Sans
Nominating K. Rool x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Azura wields an immense amount of moveset potential with her being a dancer and a spear user. However, I do not see it happening. I think Sakurai picking unique FE newcomers will still be based on promotion and nearby new FE releases with 6 month early/late timespan like with Robin way back in Smash 4. I cannot see another FE character from Fates again, especially when there is Fire Emblem overrepresentation for Sakurai to consider.

x5 Balloon Fighter

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
ok looks like I'll be making a long one for this one.

Azura
She is one of the most popular characters in fates as she helped you no matter what side you choose. She also was the only DLC charcter in Fire Emblem Warriors to not be in the main game at all which means they would have had to add her from scratch.And while a new FE is on the way we have seen nothing about it which means that if it does come out this year Sakurai would have had to get the details pretty early which is possible. Then if he didn't get the details and he still wanted to add a modern rep for Fire Emblem I think fates would have a chance with possibly celica or alm instead. And here is the big issue if they go back to fates would they pick a charcter from one dide I would think that thye would try and keep fans of each side happy. So the only way to do that would be to add her. NOt to mention she would bring a unique moveset never seen in Smash before.

Pros
Semi Popular
Was in both Fates
unique moveset
Relevant

cons
Alm+Celica
overcrowding Fire Emblem roster
already a rep from Fates
new Fire Emblem game

So overall I feel like 45% is a fair judgment

want 100%
big fan of the character. And she could bring a unique and fun moveset never seen in Smash before

Predicitng Sans at
3.4%

nominating Labo guy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Azura

Chance: 7%
Not in Warriors. Faces the looming threat of Alm/Celica and the next FE protag. Fates was very unpopular and Corrin herself already pissed a lot of people off. That all amounts to a pretty shoddy chance.

Never give me anything from FE that isn’t a Lord. That’s like giving us a Final Fantasy VI rep but it’s Locke. What kind of logic is that.

Abstaining from nominating Sans because I haven’t a grasp on how prevalent the Undertale fandom vs. the Undertale backlash is here.

Noms: Urban ChampX5

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Azura

Chance: 8%
Fates was hugely successful, but controversial among fans. Azura would make a very unique character addition, with her waterbending powers and her signature Blessed Lance. However, Azura has somewhat fallen off in relevance, and Fates already has a character in Corrin. I’m of the mind that, if we get a FE newcomer, it’s gonna be Celica.

Azura is far from my favorite character, and Fates is far from my favorite FE game. Celica (or even better, Hector) would be a much preferred alternative for me.

...However, her abilities and use of a lance would make her an interesting and certainly unique choice. This is super petty, but I would love to see her replace Corrin as the Fates rep.

I really hate Corrin

Noms:
Tingle x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Azura

Chance: 7%
Not in Warriors. Faces the looming threat of Alm/Celica and the next FE protag. Fates was very unpopular and Corrin herself already pissed a lot of people off. That all amounts to a pretty shoddy chance.

Never give me anything from FE that isn’t a Lord. That’s like giving us a Final Fantasy VI rep but it’s Locke. What kind of logic is that.

Abstaining from nominating Sans because I haven’t a grasp on how prevalent the Undertale fandom vs. the Undertale backlash is here.

Noms: Urban ChampX5
She was DLC for Warriors.

That and saying Fates was unpopular is like saying Brawl was unpopular. Fates is popular, just very controversial.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Also I am just gonna post this here since I saw a lot of people discussing that people do not do enough research for the thread. Every day when I start a new day after finishing all the organization of the front page, I bump the support thread of whatever character is being rated. There are two main reasons to do this.

1. Get supporters of those characters involved.

Usually in RTC it is 1-3 fans nominating a character. Poor Graizen Graizen has gotten Agumon cut from the schedule like three times because of things like that. As such, when a Support thread gets bumped, I hope to bring awareness to the fans that the RTC is rating a character they support.

2. Ease of research

Most of the OPs in support threads are very well maintained. Even smaller threads like Qbbys or Arle Nadjas are helpful for gathering info. In my opinion the fact that in 90% of times there will be easy access to a page to give you more info should make research easier.

Also lowkey it was a bit difficult to find the exact details of Xenosaga ownership when I googled it. Took me like 5 minutes or so.
Its all good friend!
Agumon will have a chance soon!

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Azura

Chance: 1%

Azura missed her mark to be on the roster after the final batch of Smash 4 DLC was released, especially since Corrin, who is from the same game, was in that batch. It is far too late for any more Fates characters to be added since Corrin has already been added to the roster, it is not the most recent Fire Emblem game to be released, and Fates itself was not too well liked among the Fire Emblem fanbase. Also, the amount of Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4 was among the most contentious aspects of its roster. Her only saving graces are her unique moveset capabilities with her waterbending and her lance and her relatively high placing in both rounds of the Choose Your Legends poll.

Want: Abstain

I have yet to play any Fire Emblem games and I only know enough about Azura to make my decision about her. I have heard that the Fire Emblem series is pretty good, though.

Prediction:
Sans ugh: 7.4%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Azura

Chance
: 10%
In an alternate universe where Sakurai didn't jump the gun on Fire Emblem characters, we'd probably have Lyn and Azura over Roy and Corrin. Alas, there's more Fire Emblem continents than there are roster space that people have patience for, and Fates-land is a little too controversial to welcome more of them. If Sakurai really wanted a FE spear-wielder with elemental powers, he'd probably find Fjorm to be a better choice.

Want: 5%
She'd have been a better choice than Corrin, had we known about how horrid a character Corrin would turn out to be. But she has costume that gets progressively worse the more you think about it, let alone the Smash dilemma of putting that in a G-rated game.

Prediction:
Sans: 1.7%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Gave a pity percent due to her VA, Rena Strober, being a sweetheart. She's seriously so nice.
Outside of that, not my cup of tea. Not only is she partly responsible for some of the MANY narrative issues Fates had, but even from Fates itself there are several characters I'd want more disregarding likelihood (Oboro, Ryoma, Takumi, Yukimura, and Arthur come to mind). Add in the fact that there are at least fifty Fire Emblem characters IN GENERAL I'd prefer to see over her in Smash, and things aren't looking good for Azura.

Predicting a 6.8 for Sans
Nominating K. Rool x5
I would like to see that list if you don't mind it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Say what you will about Fates, but one thing we can all agree with is that it had a great soundtrack! It makes sense to play one particularly awesome song that was delivered by none other than the character we're rating herself for the occasion.

Ah, I forgot how good this track is. It really puts me in the right mood for this rating.

Azura

Azura is a very popular Fire Emblem character from her own series. She managed to score 8th amongst the females in the first Choose Your Legends poll and 5th amongst the same group in the second CYL poll. She also scored fourth amongst the Fates females in the official Fates popularity poll from a while back. Her popularity if also evidenced in Fire Emblem Heroes, where she currently has three versions of herself in the game: one in her normal outfit, one in her special outfit from Conquest, and one in a yukata for New Years).

She also has the advantage of standing out as a unique fighter. Being a mix of spear fighter, a singer, a dancer, and a manipulator of water powers, she would be quite a standout if she were added.

Those two things aside, there's a lot going against Azura right now. For starters, Fates is losing relevancy. It's no longer the newest Fire Emblem game: Echoes holds that title, and even that game might lose the claim soon enough to FE16. This makes Alm, Celica, or even the FE16 candidate more likely right now.

And there's also the major issue that Corrin already represents Fates, and he/she was added to promote her game before its international release at the time. Ever since Corrin was added, Azura's support amongst the Smash fanbase has seen quite a decrease too. Yes, there is a slight chance she could usurp Corrin's slot on the roster, but considering all of the factors that I previously mentioned, it is very unlikely.

Want: 80%

Her role in Fates story was underwhelming in the story. She mainly served as a walking plot device/deux-ex-machina where she sings her magical song to solve all of the obstacles the characters run into during the plot, she doesn't open up when it's necessary, and she brought a crystal ball that turned Conquest into the worst story of all the Fire Emblem titles. Because of these things, I don't like her as much as other characters.

But those things aside, I do like Azura in her supports. There, we see more of her introverted side, learn about her harsh upbringings, and see open up to others in some heartwarming ways. Some of my favorite supports in Fates even involve Azura (like those with Kaden and Arthur).

The real reason why I have Azura rated this high for a want score is because of what she could bring to Smash. I think she'd really stand out in Smash. Mixing a spear fighter, water-bender, singer, and dancer together into one moveset, you'd have a truly unique and really fun character to use! To get an idea how she could play out, here's a video showing her Fire Emblem Warriors moveset:

It mixes the elements I previously mentioned. Admittedly, she is one of my favorite characters to use in the game because of that.

I'll even admit I wanted Azura to be the Fates rep back in the Smash 4 DLC days before we learned about Corrin's inclusion (I wouldn't even mind if she replaced Corrin as the Fates rep for Smash 5). I still would really like to see her in Smash, but my interest in her has declined in favor of other characters as of late. Heck, she's no longer my most wanted character in Fates: that title goes to Takumi (even though I'm well aware how even more unlikely he is to be added as a Smash fighter).

------

Predictions

Sans (Undertale): 1.32%

As popular as he may be amongst the Undertale fandom, he's not even in the main character of Undertale.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Azura
Fates is old news, and any FE newcomer in the base roster will probably be either Celica, Lyn, an FE16 protagonist, or a combination. Unless for some reason IS specifically requests Azura and Sakurai considers it worthwhile enough and a better option than the three I mentioned, which honestly would be a stretch, she only has a tiny chance as DLC. Even Then, while she's still popular she was in no way the Lucina 2.0 IS were pushing her to be.

Only if she's added as a replacement for Corrin, aka the worst FE protagonist, since she should've been added last game instead of Corrin. Otherwise, I'd rather have any of the 3 options I mentioned above.

Sans: 7.33%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would like to see that list if you don't mind it.
From Awakening:
Chrom
Virion
Frederick
Olivia
Sumia
Lon'qu
Cordelia
Lissa
Owain
Inigo
Laurent
Tiki (including her here since I prefer this version)

From Fates:
Takumi
Ryoma
Felicia
Oboro
Yukimura
Arthur

From Shadows of Valentia:
Celica
Alm
Silque
Mae
Boey
Tobin
Genny
Saber
Valbar
Leon
Gray
Clair
Clive
Berkut

From Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem:
Merric
Caeda
Hardin
Lena
Minerva
Jeorge
Camus/Zeke/Sirius
Ogma
Julian
Nyna
Jagen
Draug
Cain
Palla
Michalis

From The Blazing Blade
Hector
Lyn
Eliwood
Ninian
Pent
Louise
Nino
Dorcas for memes

From The Sacred Stones:
Eirika
Ephraim
Innes
Gerik
Tethys
L'Arachel
Franz
Lute

From Genealogy of the Holy War:
Arvis
Sigurd

Radiant Dawn:
Micaiah
And that's just off the top of my head, and was probably more than fifty. Though it basically devolved into "Characters I Like More Than Azura," but still. :p

But anyway, yeah, there are a lot I'd prefer to see over Azura, even if they're far less likely.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Not that I’m complaining as I count myself in this, but it is amazing to see so many people would be happy for Corrin to be wholesale replaced with Azura.

I guess I didn’t realize how intense the backlash against him/her was.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Azura

FE Fates' time has passed, so I don't think we will get another rep. I do hope Corrin will return though.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Fates' time has passed; even more than that, she is dwarfed in popularity by Camilla, who also represents a weapon unused in Smash.

Want: abstain
Wouldn't mind way way or another.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Azura
Chance: 0.5% -
Fates isn't relevant anymore, and Corrin already got in. We're not getting a side character.
Want: 0% - Can we stop with the Fire Emblem characters already! There's way too many already.

Prediction: Sans
Chance: 4.79%
Want: 20.62%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
A-literally-who-ra
Chance: 0.1%
I had to look up this character on google to find out who she was. That should say enough about her chances.
But seriously, after the Corrin backlash, I'm sure the dev team will be smart enough to not add another character from their game (or series.)
We already have too many FE characters. We don't need more.

Sans prediction: 0% - This character is such a meme that this might as well be a double day with Goku.
Noms: Steve x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Azura Chance: 3%

She's pretty much a nobody by FE standards when it comes to Smash competition.Many others have already explained why. Fates is an older game that already got a character in Smash who was, Azura is a bit less important to the game as Corrin is, Fates is a controversial game anyway, etc.

Want: 1%

Only because a spear-based moveset is something I'd like to see, but Bandana Dee takes priority for me in that regard, plus I'm sure there are other FE characters who are more significant to the series than her who also wield spears and thus can fit the bill as well. That, and, I know I probably sound like a Broken Record for saying it yet again, but my sheer lack of experience with the Fire Emblem franchise obviously affects how much I can want any given characters from it, and it's also given me a bit of a distaste for the amount of characters it already has on the roster.

Sans Prediction: 8.17%

Nominations: Tetra x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom