• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom , been a while, day end?
I’ll end it in the morning, kept seeing active participation so I figured I’d keep this one goin. Like each time I came on to check I saw new posts so I figured keep it going a bit longer. Also finals week but since that will be done tonight I’ll be updating way more consistently.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Probably should change the length to rate a character to a week at this point.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hello you wonderful SmashBoarders, it is your host UtopianPoyzin, announcing that they will be temporarily taking over to end the day.

Day over, and today is a double day! Rate Brash the Bear (of the Donkey Kong series) as well as Lora (of the Xenoblade series)

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to quadruple abstain on these.

I have no idea who either of these are and that means I don't have enough knowledge to make an educated opinion.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Brash and Lora

Brash first

Chance: 10 to 20%. He does not have a spirit, but just like all other characters, he has competition. That is all I have to say.

Want: 50%, at least for now. I prefer if Dixie Kong got in. But if Brash got in, he would be an unexpected addition.

Now Lora

Chance: 20%. She would have tons of competition, including those from her franchise. And with Xenoblade's fans being more widespread then ever, the competition is going to be fierce.

Want: 50%. Basically, many people are going to be upset that she got in over Rex and Pyra. Lora would be a fun character to play however.

Noms: 2 for Decidueye, 2 for Gooey and 1 for Marx

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Belongs in the trash

Chance: 0%.
He's an obscure character who made 1 appearence in 1 old game. Also probably no more DK reps in DLC. Also there are better, more popular DK reps out there.

Want: 0%
See above

Best girl

Chance: 25%
With Xenoblade not getting a new rep this game and no Torna the Golden Country music or Spirits to be found anywhere, a small door is opened for Lora. Not a huge one though. It can be said that the Rex costume confirms that Xenoblade is still on the radar, and with Rex more or less deconfirmed, Lora is next in Line. But therin lies the problem. It would make no sense to put the main character of the prequel game in over the main character of the base game. With Rex deconfirmed, Lora's chances diminish severely.

Want: one Billion %
What can I say? She's the best Xenoblade character, easily, maybe tied with Nia and Mumkhar. She's way more interesting than the other main characters from the series (Shulk, Elma and Rex), Both in playstyle and in personality, Both by a ****ing landslide. Her fire-element martial-art style centered around a rope is dope (not sorry) and her switching with ice-blade wielder Jin and Wind-Staff/healer Haze can be implemented into her Moveset in an infinite amount of ways.

And on top of all that, she'd bring Torna music!
Seriously, how in the ass is This masterpiece of a battletheme that easily puts Persona to shame not in smash yet? Nintendo owns it!

Noms: Rundas x5

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I must also quadruple abstain, as I know nothing about either of these characters.

Nominations: Glover x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm going to do a rating on brash the bear.

Chance: 0%

He was a total joke of a character when we rated them in the base game session. Don't know who thought it would be funny to bring them back again. Slightly disappointed they are on the schedule, but i dont expect much anymore. For those unaware, Brash the Bear is an EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY minor character with practically 0 screen time. Im other words, it is guaranteed to never happen.

I'm very disappointed. I could take almost any other character besides Brash the Bear and still remain more mentally stable. He's just a joke nomination, and I will treat this as such. Also no moveset potential, but that needn't be mentioned.

Nominating: Spyro x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Brash the Bear

Chance - 0% - A one game character of little importance. Almost any reasonable DK candidate would be better, as at least they have history and a possible move set.

Want - 0% - ...Wasn't he originally chosen as a joke on how absurd some support for characters can be? He doesn't strike my interest, at all.

Lora

Chance - 1.5% - A side character who becomes a main character in another installment seems like a reasonable choice, doesn't it? Yet we have word that Rex, her original game, was not finished enough in time to be considered a character. I personally find it supper weird to place someone who's mostly a side character before what could be considered the main character. While it's possible, I don't think it likely at all.

Want - 50% - Honestly don't care about Xenoblade at all. I am forever neutral on all its characters.

Nominations

Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) X5

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Abstain on Brash

Lora (Xenoblade)
Chance:
1%
If Xenoblade 2 was too new to be considered for playable representation, Torna is completely out of the picture. I could see a Mii outfit, which would be pretty awesome, but not someone completely playable. Especially not someone as possibly mechanically complicated as Lora.

Want: 75%
It's a shame, too, because Torna is a beautiful game and Lora (and her teammates Jin and Haze) are awesome and bursting with moveset potential. I do not like Xenoblade 2, I admit it. I have a tenuous relationship with Xenoblade games that aren't X on the best of days, but the 2 base game especially was just unenjoyable for me in so many ways. Rex is a big one. But then Torna came out and it helped me understand what people saw in 2, with pretty music, gameplay fixes, and an awesome protagonist in Lora.

As said, a Team Lora would have tons of moveset potential as Lora herself has great weapons and the ability to link with Jin and Haze for certain attacks would really give her even more. It's a shame it's not gonna happen.

Nominations: Kyle Hyde x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

May 14: Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep
May 15: Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
May 16: Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
May 17: Tetromino (Tetris)
May 18: Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
May 19: Palico (Monster Hunter)
May 20: Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Finally, we made it through a week. Not a lot of surprises with this bunch, but Tetromino got past Nathan Drake and Impa kicked Amy off at the last minute by a single nomination. Also if you had told me when this 'week' started that Erdrick wouldn't be on the schedule I would have called you crazy.

The new top seven consists of Amy Rose, Erdrick, Freddi Fish and Luther, Creeper, Microsoft rep, and a tie between Aloy, Protector, and Morrigan Aensland.

Amy Rose x115
[Rerate] Erdrick x107
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Creeper x105
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Morrigan Aensland x100

100 - 51

Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x99
Monokuma x98
Boss: Kracko x85
Frogger x85
Spyro x82
Kamek x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Crono x75
9-Volt x74
Kyle Hyde x70
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x64
Concept: Square Enix rep x60
Glover x60
Frisk x55
Adeleine (Kirby) x53
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Saber (Fate) x45
X (Mega Man) x44
Decidueye x39
[Rerate] 2B x35
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x35
Concept: Valve rep x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Velvet Crowe x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Gooey (Kirby) x27
Heavy (Team Fortress) x26
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Rundas x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Ellie (The Last of Us) x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Tora and Poppi x15
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x15
Gex x12
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Black Shadow x10
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
King Boo x7
[Rerate] Steve? x6
Magolor x6
Mike Jones x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1

Adeleine draws 50 noms.

Rundas stalks past 25 noms.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom You might want to change the thread title so people are aware it's a new day.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some songs to get into the Lora mood. I hope you all enjoy this music selection because I accidentally spoiled something apparently really big regarding Lora's character while searching up these songs (I was going to play XB2 soon though Amazon messed up my order):

Oh and that... other character we're rating. Here are some songs for him:

Ok now onto Brash and Lora's ratings:

--------------------

So we’re rating dead memes now. What’s next, Ugandan Knuckles?

Random +20 year old NPC whose only relevance was as a small joke on SmashBoards during the SSB4 speculation days. He’s so obscure that I can’t even find any support or general discussion of this guy on the internet that doesn’t link back to old SmashBoards threads. Even in a post-Piranha Plant world this has zero chance of ever happening.

I always try to stay positive on days where I don’t like (or know) the character being rated... but I can’t say that’s the case here. Please just let this stupid unfunny meme die already.

--------------------

Hinoka’s long lost sister

Err... her... other long lost sister.

Chance: 1%
Considering how Rex is the main character of Xenoblade 2 and Sakurai is aware of his popularity (as was implied during Rex’s mii costume showcase in the November Direct), there is no way we are getting Lora before him. Even if we did get Rex/Pyra/Mythra, Lora would also have to compete with fellow Xenoblade character Elma who seems to be much more popular.

Want: 20%
I don't know much about Lora as I haven't played Xenoblade 2 yet though based on her design and a bit of gameplay I saw of her I think I could get behind her inclusion. I don't have any connection to her atm and there are a lot of other characters I'd prefer hence the low score.

--------------------

Fire Emblem Three Houses rep chance prediction: 19.06%

Nominations:
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Unfunny joke
Chance and want: 0%
It's already not looking too good for first party characters, let alone those who appeared in one game, are forgotten and have basically no unironic support. They aren't (and shouldn't) have joke characters like this be DLC.

Laurel
Chance: 0.1%
Main character of the XB2 DLC, huh? Probably one of those DLC that can be argued to be a completely new game. Still, Rex is the more logical choice and if he can't make it then I don't think Lora can either.

I still have zero interest in Xenoblade 2 or its DLC. Don't know if she'd even debunk the spirits theory so I'll pass.

FE three houses: 19.68%
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Back to Basics

Hey, surprise, a meme character has no chance of making it in! Brash isn't even a widespread meme, as far as I know it's a meme exclusive to this site/thread and even then it's so old and dead many people probably don't know the origin (or maybe just me).

Yeah, I don't get it. No reason why I would want this character in Smash. Next.

Agh crap I don't know who this is

*one Google search later*

She came too late. I'm not sure she would have had a great shot if she had been there on time. Did The Golden Country sell well?

Regardless, there's no competition for Rex's popularity.

Want: abstain
Well, I don't know who she is. Don't know what she could do. I do want Rex though, but that's an impossibility. So I don't care.

Noms: Crono X5

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Brash the Bear
Chances: 0%.
Why... is this a possibility? Donkey Kong has better characters, IMO better games to represent, and even better NPCs than whoever Brash the Bear is. Does he even have moveset potential??
Want: 0%. My biggest problem with DK isn't the reps, but how little modern DK is displayed since the removal of Jungle Hijinks. This guy would solve none of that, IN ADDITION to being a joke character long after that trend lost its touch. No way is he getting in, no way I'd want him... why were Bonkers and him even chosen?

Lora
Chances: 1%.
I don't see this happening without being a shot in the dark. Rex almost made it and didn't, and they've almost never have made an additional character playable over the game mascot. The only true exception was Robin/Lucina, and maybe they could do that again, but the fact that I don't know her is a bad sign for her chances.
Want: Abstain. Again, I don't know exactly who this is, so I won't comment on my feelings about wanting her in. However, I will say that I don't think I would rank her high if I did. Xenoblade ain't my cup of tea and I remain kind of annoyed Sakurai chose to apologize to Xenoblade 2 fans for not including Rex and not to anyone else.

Nominations
Adeleine (Kirby) x5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Brash the Friggen Bear
Want: 1,000,000% (Actual score: 0%)

To sum it up: Random joke nomination that has almost no presence in his own game. It's not happening even after the Plant. Don't forget he's just a random NPC with no moveset potential. Even as a joke character, Brash is a choice that belongs in the trash. At least Magikarp would be a funny joke character. Now that is a good choice.

Abstaining on Lora. Might do her tonight if I have time.

Noms: Bill Board (Mario Galaxy) x5 (Just Kidding...)
Actual noms: Crash Rerate x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This guy again? Can this joke go to a graveyard? Thwomp was kinda funny at least because of BitF but this is just unprompted.

Chance/Want = Mutual 0%. This guy isn't Arle competition but he's an injoke I don't get and is perhaps the most random idea I've ever heard of for a Smash character. I'm not sure if this guy even deserves to have a Spirit, he's super inconsequential: I like my characters to have at least a little bit of reasoning to be included. I legitimately believe we will see Goku, Shrek, SpongeBob, Underfell Sans and Bubsy a thousand years before we see Brash the Bear, and his inclusion would be very much bottom of the barrel. I don't even remember what he looks like or what he does in his game.

Now for somebody I, of all people, had never heard of before the day her day showed up.

Chance: 0.5%. Pretty sure if Rex was too new, then this chick who only exists as DLC(?, at least the role she's most prominent for is. I would not mind being told if she existed in the base game!), and has to compete with him even when the timer's up, is probably not happening. Stranger things have occurred, yes, such as PP over basically anyone, Joker over Arle, and to some extent King K. Rool over Dixie, but at least all of them were more popular amongst the general audience than those, and Plant was meant to bring something new by breaking the mold. Pretty sure Rex is more popular than her, too.

Want: 20%. She looks cute and isn't somebody who I think stands too much in the way of Arle? Eh... I'm not really a Xenoblade guy, so I don't quite get the appeal of adding a Xenoblade 2 character. Don't have much to say on a character I have no hands-on experience with, and is a serious candidate.

Frisk x 5.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If I abstain from Brash the Bear, will that affect my noms in any way? If it does, let me know. I honestly have nothing to say about that guy.

Lora
Let's be real, if we're getting anyone from Xenoblade 2, it's going to be Rex. Lora doesn't even have a major role in the main story. Granted, the DLC helped flesh her out, but do we know how many people even bought that?
Want: 50%
I would rather Rex get in first, but honestly, as long as Xenoblade 2 gets the respect it deserves, I'll take what I can get. That being said, Lora might be a bit more complicated to implement, depending on what they decide to go for with her. Will they have her as a single character, or will she between herself, Jin, and Haze like in the DLC? Who really knows?

Nominations: Concept: Third party character from unrepped company x1, Monokuma x2, Boss: Perfect Chaos x2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sorry for disappearing for a while, was moving out of college and had some personal stuff I needed to deal with. Point being, I’m back.

Expect a big formal update sometime by the end of the month.

Day over, three houses time. Predict Black mage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Three Houses:

Chance: 5%

I's not likely there will be any 1st party characters in the Fighter's Pass. Nintendo wants to sell the pass and guest characters do exactly that. If there's going to be any 1st party characters, I think they'll be bonus characters that can be purchased outside the pass.

Please no. 7 FE characters is over the top already, just no more FE characters please.

Black Mage Prediction: 1.66%

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
At least Brash the Bear never got the honor of being on the thread title.

Amy Rose x115
[Rerate] Erdrick x107
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Creeper x105
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Morrigan Aensland x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Monokuma x100

100 - 51

Spyro x87
Boss: Kracko x85
Frogger x85
Kamek x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Crono x80
Kyle Hyde x75
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Glover x65
Ninten x64
Concept: Square Enix rep x60
Frisk x60
Adeleine (Kirby) x58
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Saber (Fate) x50
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x45
X (Mega Man) x44
Decidueye x41
[Rerate] 2B x35
Concept: Valve rep x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Velvet Crowe x30
Rundas x30
Gooey (Kirby) x29
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Heavy (Team Fortress) x26
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25

Under 25

Earthworm Jim x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Ellie (The Last of Us) x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Tora and Poppi x15
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x15
Gex x12
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Black Shadow x10
Specter Knight x10
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x8
King Boo x7
[Rerate] Steve? x6
Magolor x6
Mike Jones x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1

C chocolatejr9 used some excellently placed nominations and got both Monokuma and Concept: Third-party character from an unrepped company into the top 7. There's a tie between those two and the three from yesterday for the last two spots.

Also thanks to our chocolatey friend, Boss: Perfect Chaos finally leaves the under 25 club.

We've got a newcomer in Crypt of the Necrodancer's Cadence, with 5 noms.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep

Chance: 10%
I'd say the chances aren't too far off from impossible though it really depends if Nintendo wants to promote Three Houses. Granted it's seeming more likely that this DLC will be mostly third party though there is always a chance they could slip in a character from one of their biggest upcoming titles. I think the main thing holding this back from happening is that Sakurai was the one who chose from Nintendo's list of possible DLC characters and he has flat out acknowledged that there is an overabundance of FE characters in Smash.

Want: 60%
My want rating really depends on which character would make it in, and assuming this were to happen we'd get either one of the three house leaders or Byleth. Personally I'd be down for Edelgard since I love her design and the fact she can use axes. I've also been growing onto Byleth though I have no interest in the other two house leaders. Want score is also not as high as it should be because Celica is still my most wanted FE rep.

Black Mage chance prediction: 1.62% (has an insane amount of SE competition)

Nominations:
[Rerate] Crash x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Treehouse rep

It's coming out too late, imo if Rex didn't qualify a game set to be released in 2019 definitely doesn't. Plus I don't expect any first parties, and I definitely don't expect another Fire Emblem character when we have a gazillion already.

Look, let people decide whether they like a character before putting them in Smash, otherwise Smash feels less like a gaming pantheon and more like Nintendo trying to sell me something. Also, I'm gonna need Corrin to be cut and Lyn to be added before I start considering another FE character.

Noms: Cronox5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
A FE Hogwarts rep

Chance- 50%
Want- abstain

It could happen. Considering that Roy was added in Melee before hid game out I would not rule the possibility out. As for want, idk let me play the game first.

Nominations- Tora and Poppi x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Three Houses, One Cup

1% Chance

If I did this a month or two ago, I would have done something closer to 20%. But what happened?

Joker Happened.

Joker’s release in my opinion shows us what to expect from dlc. A stage, a ton of music, and spirits. To me, this makes third party characters more likely. The primary reason for this is so you can sell it all as new content. If I had to buy spirits for Three Houses as a consumer when I could just get them for free post launch like they did in the past I would be upset as a consumer for instance. Selling all new content would be a natural boon for the pass.

If we got a TH Rep, I feel they would do something like with Plant. A separate fighter to advertise the game not part of the pass. That I do not know if they would do.

Furthermore, if we are gonna get a first party character as DLC outside of the pass, more popular characters like Rex, Dee, hell even Waluigi would be more likely in my eyes.

Abstain Want

Let me play the game first. Edelgard may be a cutie and from best country, but I need to meet them all.

Crash relate x 5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
History repeats itself
Chance: 1%
Springman and Rex being deconfirmed, Joker's inclusion, the lineup leaning towards only third-parties and Reggie's statement gives me the indication we won't see another shillpick time around, especially not a FE character after Corrin ended up being one of, if not the most controversial inclusion from Sm4sh. Good chance atleast one person at Nintendo saw the outrage.

Who knows though, Corrin was our suprise Nintendo pick last game (not really in a good way), and maybe the Nintendo higher ups won't care and would specifically prioritize Three Houses over games like XB2 and Arms.

I really don't want the lineup to not include zero Nintendo characters but I'll make an exception for this. I hate being spoonfed characters which are blatantly shoved onto the roster for marketing reasons only and have zero interest in as much as the next guy, while other characters who are both fan favorites and make sense from a buisness standpoint are still MIA. A Three Houses rep would prove Nintendo didn't learn. What thing they wield in their hand be damned.

Black Mage: 0.89%
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Three Houses Rep
Chance: 20 to 25%. Given that Corrin was revealed as DLC, before Fates got released, this would seem plausible. The main problem however is the competition.

Want: 50%, mainly because I don't know who would be the playable character. There are Nintendo characters I want to be DLC, but another Fire Emblem character is not in the top 10.

Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 3 for X (Megaman)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
hur dur fure umblem bad!!!

before I rate this, I want to get a very important misconception out of the way. When Corrin was revealed as DLC, Fire Emblem Fates indeed wasn't out yet... IN THE WEST! It had released a full year prior in Japan and sold decently well.
However, that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a promotional pick to sell FE in the west.

Chance: 12%
Chances of Nintendo repping actual unreleased games in smash are very low. On top of that, they too may think there are too many Fire Emblem characters. If they do promotional picks, Three Houses is a lock, but there is a lot of prove that simply isn't the way theyre going this time around.

Look, I freaking love Fire Emblem. The main characters in Three Houses look like they're not sword-users, so that's great. I would love to see this amazing series repped with a character that doesn't make fans of smash scream bloody murder and these characters can easily do that. I Just don't know if I like then yet. We haven't seen much of Byleth, Edelgard, Claude and Lucius and none of them really resonate with me. I wouldn't want them for the characters. I wouldn't want them for the series (because there are plenty FE reps). I'd maybe want them if their characters turn out good in a few months, and maybe Just to prove to ignorant Fire Emblem haters there's more in there than Just boring swordies.

Noms: Rundas x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Three Houses Rep

Chance 20 - I don't see this happening. Although 3 houses are one of the few 1st party series/games who wouldn't run into the issue of having the DLC spirit board deconfirm them. My big issue here is what Reggie said at the game awards, which was that the characters getting in as DLC would be ones you wouldn't expect. FE characters in Smash is practically a meme at this point now, so that really cuts that chance down

Want 50 - I wouldn't mind it. Would probably be a little let down but another FE character(as long as they are a bit unique) would be far better than other characters getting in

Noms
Ellie x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep

Chance: 20%
Honestly, I'm pretty torn on this one. On the one hand, having ANY first-party character get in as DLC would be a hype killer, let alone a presumably-promotional one. On the other hand, from what's been shown of the game, there is plenty to work with when it comes to implementation into Smash. It's a little hard to tell what they'll go for here.
It depends. I've never played Fire Emblem, so I don't have any attachment. But if they make things interesting, I may consider getting it.

Nominations: Monokuma x5 (thank you to the one who called my nomination skills "excellent". I'd actually mention you on this post like you mentioned me in your post, but I don't know how.)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Corrin 2.0
Chance:0%: Remember the backlash about Corrin? Yeah, you really think Sakurai would want to do that AGAIN! Just, no. There is no way a three houses rep is happening. Period.
Want:0%: And good riddance. I don’t need more Fire Emblem reps, and honestly the only ones I am OK with at this point are Lyn and Black Knight. But a Three Houses rep is Corrin AGAIN, and I already hated that bull**** last game. Just please no.
Also, sorry for the language, but Three Houses rep is my least wanted for Smash Ultimate, so I had to.
Nominations: Specter Knight x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep

Honestly, I'm pretty torn on this one. On the one hand, having ANY first-party character get in as DLC would be a hype killer, let alone a presumably-promotional one. On the other hand, from what's been shown of the game, there is plenty to work with when it comes to implementation into Smash. It's a little hard to tell what they'll go for here.
It depends. I've never played Fire Emblem, so I don't have any attachment. But if they make things interesting, I may consider getting it.

Nominations: Monokuma x5 (thank you to the one who called my nomination skills "excellent". I'd actually mention you on this post like you mentioned me in your post, but I don't know how.)
To tag someone type @ followed by their username (no space in between).

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Meet And **** Teacher: The Anime: The Game

Sakurai really likes Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is coming out soon. A """character""" from that game would be a logical choice for a DLC character. However, they may have been dissuaded by the backlash that resulted from Corrin's inclusion. On the other hand, I don't think Sakurai particularly cares about what the Smash fanbase thinks at this point.

This rating would be negative if I could. I assure you that Fire Emblem: Three Houses will allow you to romance your students, and because of the stuff like that that the series pulls regularly I have come to loathe Fire Emblem with a burning passion. Please, just keep it away from the DLC.

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom