• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So which characters do we think is most in need of a rerate?

I know we've done him twice already, but Skull Kid is the first one that comes to mind

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Geno and Isaac come to mind for me. Bith profit very well from the fan service focus of the newcomers and they have had a spike in popularity after the direct. Plus, there is few old school long requested character's that are as prominent as them.

Troykv

Smash Master
Geno and Isaac come to mind for me. Bith profit very well from the fan service focus of the newcomers and they have had a spike in popularity after the direct. Plus, there is few old school long requested character's that are as prominent as them.
Characters that have being request for a long time have become more viable now with K. Rool appearing in Smash.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman

I know we've done him twice already, but Skull Kid is the first one that comes to mind
Not sure if he’s on the schedule somewhere, but Shadow has to be the biggest one. Not only did we get Richter, showing we can get a second third-party from the same series and a third-party Echo, but Chrom shows moves can be taken from multiple characters, so it might be possible to simulate Chaos Control than just a straight Sonic clone.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think Geno and Isaac are definitely up, and possibly also BDee. Also, probably Isabelle, Decidueye, and Lycanroc because of various leaks. Incineroar came just in time to rate with the information.

Based on echoes, I think Dixie and Shadow's chances are skyrocketing as well, maybe also Tails.

And considering he survived the second wave and was implicated in a leak, Skull Kid as well.

But this is really weird - we will never have to rerate Ridley or K.Rool anymore. This game will be HYPE!

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Not sure if he’s on the schedule somewhere, but Shadow has to be the biggest one. Not only did we get Richter, showing we can get a second third-party from the same series and a third-party Echo, but Chrom shows moves can be taken from multiple characters, so it might be possible to simulate Chaos Control than just a straight Sonic clone.
We also got confirmation that indies can be included.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Imo it’s he characters that we should look potentially into a rerate for are Shadow, Isabelle, Skull Kid, Isaac, Geno, Shantae, and Sans.

Day will end around 6 pm edt btw.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Simon - 100% - One of the characters I voted for on the ballot and definitely was one of my most wanted characters for this game. Castlevania representation is long over due, and who better to rep the series than Simon? He looks extremely faithful to the games as well, which is great (Yay for no censorship!)

Richter - 90% - Definitely did not see him coming, but I was pleasantly surprised at his appearance. While I prefer Simon, I'll definitely be looking forward to playing as Richter too.

Dark Samus - 90% - Knew this reveal would come eventually, and I'm happy to have another Metroid rep.

Chrom - 30% - Pretty meh. I kinda figured he'd show up since he's a highly requested character, but I personally couldn't care less. He became even less interesting when I learned that he wasn't an Ike echo like I originally thought. I doesn't bother me that he's here, but I hope his inclusion means that he's the last Fire Emblem rep.

King K. Rool - 60% - Although I've really cared about this guy, I'm happy for his fans. It's nice to see him finally join his DK pals, and his reveal trailer was pretty cool.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
The Belmonts: 100%
I'm looking forward to getting more into the Castlevania franchise, so I'm happy. The representation with their moveset, the stage, the music and the cinematic are just perfect.

Chrom: 1%
Echo fighter or not, he's still a 7th character from FE... and a is yet another character that plays just like Marth... and is also the 3rd character from Awakening... FE continues to get spoiled with unnecessary characters representation.

Dark Samus: 20%
Never played a Metroid game but I can't help but feel there's some missed potential here. Would've prefered if she was original.

K.Rool: 100%
I wasn't crazy for this character, but I feel happy for his fans. Moveset is about what we all expected, besides his down B, tho I find it quite creative having his counter being him exposing his belly.

Last edited:

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Simon: 70%. I was really excited to see Simon join the Smash roster, he's such a badass! I love the Castlevania series, so seeing Simon get in the game was just mind boggling. His cinematic Trailer was fantastic and looked amazing, and I'm looking forward to playing him some.

Richter: 60%. Same case as Simon.

Chrom: 20%. I've never really played any Fire emblem games, only the a few of the first games on emulators, so I wasn't overly hyped when he was announced. I know quite a few people wanted him In this game since he got denied In Wii U, I do really like playing the Fire emblem characters In Smash, they're fun to play. Maybe once I buy a switch, pay for online service and Purchase Ultimate, eventually I'll try getting into the Fire Emblem games. :)

Dark Samus: 95%. Ultimate is the game where one of Nintendo's more Obscure franchises Finally gets more representation in Smash, and with not only Ridley, but now Dark Samus TOO, I'm super excited to play as more Metroid characters. I've personally wanted Dark Samus as an echo for a long time now, thinking to Myself "If we can't get another Metroid rep, ATLEAST a clone of Samus would be amazing" and My wish came true.

King K Rool: 100%. If Ridley wasn't enough proof, King K Rool definitely proves that Size doesn't matter. I AM SO DAMN HAPPY THAT KING K ROOL IS FINALLY IN SMASH BROS!! I have wanted him for so Long, Donkey kong, Like Metroid, was In need of more reps, and K Rool was the perfect boi for the slot! Like Simon, his Cinematic reveal was amazing, that and his moveset, along with his final smash, Is just packed full of references, nods and throwbacks to the original Dk Country, it made me so happy! The addition of King K Rool is getting me even more hyped, because Ridley, Krool, and Geno are the trinity of most wanted characters in Smash, and we already got TWO, Ridley and K Rool, so my hope for the addition of Geno is rising.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Simon: 35%. I liked his games a little, but never really clicked to them.

Richter: 90%. Fake leak killer and opportunity bringer AND a Belmont from a game I like a lot more. The character I never knew I wanted.

Chrom/Dark Samus: 45% Both. Chrom is more interesting since I've played Awakening and neither of DS's, but both of them as individuals hold the same interest to me.

K. Rool. 100%. I'm singing to the choir as to why, but DK has always been a series I liked a lot and a wanted villain and a more agile heavyweight and basically the fighter concept that appeals to me the most. It's a very good match, I'd say.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Simon: 100% What a great reveal, and an iconic character.
Richter: 30% He's only been in two games. He should have just been an alt skin
Chrom: 80% Finally past the meme.
Dark Samus: 70% Neat. I don't really care about them, but neat.
King K. Rool: 100% I wasn't even that big of fan of K. Rool, but his reveal knocked my socks off. Happy for his fans.

Nominations:
No more stages x5

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Belmonts: 60%
I like how they're designed but I just don't care for Castlevania. I'll try them. Richter basically makes Shadow a lock now.

Chrom: 75%
I'm really happy he's in as an Echo, and he's a Roy Echo with Ike's recovery. I think that's a great touch. And he makes Dixie basically a lock in my eyes.

Dark Samus: 75%
I'll probably play her over Samus, but I was never really big on Samus. But I really like how she/it floats instead of stands, even if the moveset is basically the same. Really neat addition.

King K. Rool 100%
Yeah, pretty obvious. He's incredible. I just love his appearance, his personality, his moveset draws from all of his boss battles, even obscure ones like his DK Land boss battle.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm enjoying all the people saying that Simon Belmont was an obvious inclusion for SSBU. When he was rated on RTC for Smash 4, he was only given a 9% chance. When he was rated before Vergeben seemed credible, he only got 17%. And even after the Vergeben leak seemed pretty legit people still doubted him quite a bit. (Of course, there were a couple other things that boosted his chances: the return of Snake and thus Konami, Bomberman being eliminated from contention at E3...). I always thought he would be awesome and fitting for Nintendo history as I think of him as an iconic NES-era character (Mario, Link, Samus, Simon, Mega Man...), but I still didn't think he was likely until I thought Vergeben was pretty credible...
Vergeben leaks - He appears to be legit, so anything he said should be taken quite seriously. Isabelle will shoot up after this (her AT is still MIA), Decidueye and Lycanroc will fall.

DK characters - Dixie Kong especially, but K Rool's reveal certainly affects Funky and Cranky (Cranky the most, since he makes the least sense as an Echo)
FE characters - Chrom getting in affects all of them. Especially any character rated highly, or who was seen as likely to be an Echo
Metroid characters - I think Sylux is the only other one. Pretty sure we won't be getting any more from Metroid...

Lip - Lip's Stick confirmed to return
Skull Kid - The Moon seemed like it would be his FS, but either way, we haven't seen him

Lower priority:
Echoes - I guess if people were rating potential 3rd-party Echoes lower because of the notion that a 3rd-party couldn't get an Echo, that matters. I guess some other potential Echoes might be worth a re-rate as well, but overall these are lower priority since it's not like we knew how many there would be in the first place - getting three more in one Direct surprised me, tbh! We also don't have any other clear hints like the palette changes for Ike and Samus.
ATs - Other absent ATs might be worth a re-rate, but seem lower priority unless there's some other hint or related information (like with Skull Kid)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Simon: 75%
I went off him a little there due to how often he was mentioned due to the leaks, but I really like how he looks to play. Glad they gave him his more traditional look. The red dark prince look didn't do much for me.

Ritcher: 50%
The first character since Lucas to make me ask "who?" neutral. He looks neat but I don't know him as I'm not super familiar with the series.

Chrom: 80%

EY! One of the few Echoes I wanted. I was heavily against Chrom last time(I wanted, and luckily got the infinitely more unique Robin) but the way they did the dirty on Chrom in that trailer instantly made me like him. Shame he didn't get to slap Falcon back, but glad he got in. Genuinely shocked at how happy I was to see him make the echo grade.

Dark Samus: 50%
Absolutely no experience with the Metroid series and very rarely touch Samus in Smash but glad for Metroid fans.

King K. Rool: 70%

I feel like he's the character I'll probably actually enjoy playing the most as I tend to lean cartoony with my choices.
King K. Rool support did my utter nut in during the past two Smash speculation periods to the point his name being brought up in any conversation made me groan. Now he's finally in we can move on to someone else finally. His Blunderbus thing looks fun, and his trailer is amusing and action packed. I still don't really get the hype for K. Rool as a character right now but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm shocked he has a counter move, but it might make him a little viable compared to other heavyweights as you'll be punished for attacking his huge frame instead of being pure combo food.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Simon: 70% - His move pool and final smash both look amazing. My one big gripe is that I really wish they went with his more modern red haired design. Hopefully that will be an alt.

Ritcher: 100% - Oddly enough, the character I've never heard of is the character that I'm most excited to play.

Chrom: 80% - I was almost certain that he'd be playable in SSB4 and I felt he had no chance in SSB5. I suck at rating characters. :(

Dark Samus: 80% - All I can say is that she looks so much cooler than I ever could have imangined.

King K Rool: 90% - LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Simon - 100%
I love his Conan-y design. I was never much for Castlevania, but I love the character and think he fits in just great in Smash after seeing the trailer. He seems really faithfully implemented into Smash. You can tell the dev team had a total blast designing him and the love just shines through.

Richter - 60%
I don't mind that he's a clone, I just don't know him that well not being a fan of the series. Still, it was pretty hype to have two characters announced in one trailer.

Chrom - 70%
I don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand, I like Chrom a lot, but on the other... he's a clone of a clone. FE characters are really starting to feel stale at this point. I don't mind that they're all sword users or whatever... but at least bring a new moveset to the table instead of yet another Marth clone. Now we have Roy, Marth, Lucina and Chrom as characters with similar movesets. It's ridiculous. It is a slightly more interesting clone since he's a half-Roy/half-Ike clone, at least.

Dark Samus - 60%
I don't quite care for Dark Samus as I don't see what she brings to the table as a Samus clone, but her animations are cool at least.

King K. Rool - 80%
Honestly a shocking reveal. I was pleasantly surprised.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm enjoying all the people saying that Simon Belmont was an obvious inclusion for SSBU. When he was rated on RTC for Smash 4, he was only given a 9% chance. When he was rated before Vergeben seemed credible, he only got 17%. And even after the Vergeben leak seemed pretty legit people still doubted him quite a bit. (Of course, there were a couple other things that boosted his chances: the return of Snake and thus Konami, Bomberman being eliminated from contention at E3...). I always thought he would be awesome and fitting for Nintendo history as I think of him as an iconic NES-era character (Mario, Link, Samus, Simon, Mega Man...), but I still didn't think he was likely until I thought Vergeben was pretty credible...

Vergeben leaks - He appears to be legit, so anything he said should be taken quite seriously. Isabelle will shoot up after this (her AT is still MIA), Decidueye and Lycanroc will fall.

DK characters - Dixie Kong especially, but K Rool's reveal certainly affects Funky and Cranky (Cranky the most, since he makes the least sense as an Echo)
FE characters - Chrom getting in affects all of them. Especially any character rated highly, or who was seen as likely to be an Echo
Metroid characters - I think Sylux is the only other one. Pretty sure we won't be getting any more from Metroid...

Skull Kid - The Moon seemed like it would be his FS, but either way, we haven't seen him

Lower priority:
Echoes - I guess if people were rating potential 3rd-party Echoes lower because of the notion that a 3rd-party couldn't get an Echo, that matters. I guess some other potential Echoes might be worth a re-rate as well, but overall these are lower priority since it's not like we knew how many there would be in the first place - getting three more in one Direct surprised me, tbh! We also don't have any other clear hints like the palette changes for Ike and Samus.
ATs - Other absent ATs might be worth a re-rate, but seem lower priority unless there's some other hint or related information (like with Skull Kid)
Simon was obvious after the E3 reveal. I guarantee in an alternate universe where the leak never happened, people would clung to him like crazy after Snake returned and Bomberman was deconfirmed.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
wrong thread...

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Simon - 60%
I don't care too much for Simon. His trailer was neat and he looks fun to use but I don't care that much

Richter - 100%
I was freaking floored with Richter coming though. Richter is the best Belmont and is from the second best game in the series plus Bloodlines. Man I'm so hyped to be him. Sorry, Simon, you will never be used when Richter is around.

Chrom - 70%
He has his day so that's nice plus the 3 Awakening protags are here and I get to laugh at the salt he brings so I'm good.

Dark Samus - 20%
Very sad she is a clone when she could be unique or at least a semiclone but whatever she's here now.

King K. Rool - 90%
Didn't really support him myself but I was happy for his fans also he makes Isaac 20x more likely so yeah. The only reason my score isn't 100 is that I don't care too much for how he looks or the remix that accompanied him. Everything else was top notch though.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
The Belmonts: 95%
I love how they look in Smash Ultimate, and the fact that he looks like he came directly out of Castlevania itself. I love the interpretation of Simon's design and the fact that Richter retains his 90's anime-esque victory screen. They fit right at home in Smash, and it honestly makes me wonder why they weren't here sooner after seeing this.

Chrom: 69%
I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem, and really dug the hell out of Awakening, so I'm happy to see him finally make it in the game as a semi-clone to make him feel different enough from his daughter and the other characters they're based off. However, it kinda hurts to see Chrom get quite a bit of variation as opposed to one of the "original" Echo Fighters, Lucina. (At least give her the idle stance she has in both Awakening and Fates, jeez.) Alongside the fact that I'm not too fond of having like four clones in the FE series, but it doesn't put too much of a detriment in my enjoyment.
I'm happy he's in though. Lucina can now pair up with her old man on the battlefield.

Dark Samus: 83%
I'm actually happy to see her make it in Smash, after being an Assist Trophy in Smash 4. She has completely different models for missiles and effects for her charge shots, which makes her feel as a warped version of Samus which fits with her character. I was hoping she would at least use a tendril for a smash attack or jab, but it's fine. She also adds another villain to the roster, and is basically a xenomorph of Samus which is pretty dope.
Like how can I not dig that, as being a fan of Metroid and the movie series that inspired it.

King K. Rool: 87%
The fat croc is FINALLY in. Sakurai is resurrecting dead and forgotten characters with both Green, Dark Samus and now him for Smash Ultimate. (Although with Metroid Prime 4, she may not be in that category anymore.) He definitely fills that void for more heavy-weight characters, adds as another villain to the roster, and helps with DK's starved representation. K. Rool is someone that I never expected given Retro's treatment of the character, and while I don't find his moveset compelling, it's amazing to see that this baddie from the past fits right at home with the Smash roster.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hopefully there's still time before ratings are done.

Simon - 100%
One of my most wanted third party newcomers, and one from a franchise that I've grown to like recently, Simon is a character that I'm especially happy to see realized in Smash. He looks amazing, and I can't wait to try out Dracula's Castle and all the wonderful music it brings along with it (seriously, I almost wanted Simon in just for the Castlevania music).

Richter - 60%
I'm not too familiar with Richter as I've only played through Castlevania 3 and 4, but I know about Richter through his appearances in RoB and Symphony of the Night. So seeing him in action along with Simon, even as an echo, was still really cool to me, although I'll probably be mostly playing Simon in SSBU.

Chrom - 80%
As someone who originally really wasn't keen on the idea of Chrom getting in as an Echo due to all the people suggesting he'd be an Ike Echo (which I vehemently disagreed on due to the matter of their swords and fighting styles), I was really blown away at how not only good Chrom looked in Smash, but by the fact that he was actually a Roy Echo, which was actually something I was more agreeable on. So yeah, I'm happy with his inclusion in Smash, even if I probably won't play him that much (RIP recovery), and I'm especially happy that those "lol Chrom's not playable" jokes are thrown in the trash bin alongside the "Ridley's Too Big" meme, as those got old real fast.

Dark Samus - 95%
Yes! Now here's an Echo fighter who I was really keen on seeing playable, despite having my own doubts on the matter. I love her idle animation and how ethereal she is in her movement, really making it feel as though you're playing as the character herself and not just a Samus reskin. The only thing I would probably change is her Down-B special to something different, like a Phazon Explosion Counter or something, since I don't recall her ever using bombs in her boss fights.

King K. Rool - 100%
The other big boy is finally in, and what can I say? He looks incredible. Everything about him looks right, from the appearance, the moveset, the animations, the Final Smash, I'm not even that upset that he's still mostly Paon-influenced when it comes to his head and tail. I'm not sure if I'll play as him that much, but I'd love to try to use him as one of my more frequent fighters in casual games.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Okay; this is a little different, but a neat thing to do. I've calmed down now so I feel I can give a more... measured response to the inclusions.

Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)
Satisfaction: 7%
Simon's inclusion had me pretty livid for a while; another 3rd party inclusion, who happens to be a 2nd Konami rep... who isn't Bomberman. Yeah, not happy with Simon's inclusion. That said, he does look like a lot of fun to play as and there was always the potential for far worse inclusions from the 3rd party realm; plus he completes the Captain N trio.​

Ritcher Belmont (Castlevania series)
Satisfaction: 3%
An Echo for a 3rd party character whose only just been added, to which is a 3rd party addition I'm not a fan of and to which I've seen little to differ between the two so far? Yeah, never was going to get a high rating here. My only familiarity with Castlevania really is Castlevania 64, alongside intentions to purchase the Fighting game spin-off on the Wii (it looks fun and I like collecting for the Wii), so pretty much anything to do with the series is a big blank for me.​

Chrom (Fire Emblem series)
Satisfaction: 10%
Another Fire Emblem character gets added and it's a 3rd Awakening series character? Very disappointing in of it's own, but then you add onto Chrom being an Echo of Roy... who is a clone of Marth! I'm not a huge fan of Echo Fighters, but having an Echo of a clone character and an Echo from an already well represented part (Awakening) of a multi section series like Fire Emblem, it's just... it feels like a waste of the potential Echo Fighters have.​

Dark Samus (Metroid series)
Satisfaction: 48%
This character inclusion on the other hand is a far better usage of the Echo Fighter concept. Dark Samus inclusion adds another villain to the roster, along with representing a popular sub-series/section of the Metroid franchise specifically. I'm always going to be disappointed she wasn't included as an original move-set character, I feel she had plenty of potential in that regard, but I feel her Echo inclusion is at least very nice to have (besides, there are many others I'd want more than her, so to have her in as the non-development consuming inclusion of an Echo is appreciative). It's also very fitting given Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.​

King K Rool (Donkey Kong series)
Satisfaction: 89%
He was never in my top 10 or a character I had a particular attachment to, but what a worthy inclusion to at last happen. This really brightened up the direct for me, particularly with how amazing his trailer was. King K Rool's inclusion was definitely the most satisfying; an original move-set villain addition from an underrepresented Nintendo series who looks a lot of fun to play as and cool whilst doing so. It was nice to end the direct on a high note, as whilst I liked a lot of the content talked about in the direct, the characters were the least satisfying part (not helped by having my 5th most wanted, Ashley, deconfirmed)... until King K Rool popped up. It's really nice to at last see him playable, and at that, around the same as Nintendo's other major villain character who more than warranted a playable inclusion (Ridley, of course).​

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll just give 100% to every character, even though I probably won't play as any of them too much. I think they're all fit to be in Smash in the way they were implemented, and I'm not going to complain about getting more characters unless of course it's a character I really don't like. :chuckle:

Simon Belmont is a pretty cool addition. His series seems to be represented in Smash really well (so many music tracks). His stage looks very fun to play on, and one of my friends is really happy to see him included.

Richter was a surprise addition I didn't see coming (mostly due to the fact that I have never heard of this character before). I think it's cool to see him though because his inclusion opens up the possibility of Shadow becoming an Echo Fighter even more-so.

I don't mind Chrom's inclusion since he's only an Echo Fighter, and I'm sure him being playable made some fans happy. Kinda glad to see him get his chance.

Dark Samus is a neat addition. The Metroid franchise is being treated pretty well this time around, and I don't think anyone is complaining about that.

King K. Rool was really fun to see. Especially since I didn't think we would get both Simon and K. Rool announced at the same time. The Donkey Kong franchise really needed some more love in Smash. I'm happy that Sakurai is really going out of his way to include many characters that fans have asked for in this Smash. Hopefully we'll see a few more characters like K. Rool.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Yeah, 100% for all for the same reasons Scamper52596 stated above, all characters were extremely well implemented even if none of them were characters I would have voted for their inclusion (although I don't even know who I want at this point.)

Love SImons Conan box art design. Richter was a curve ball I didn't see coming but he looks great.
Chrom getting in feels right after he got shafted in Sm4sh.
Dark Samus has great animations, shes a real creep.
K. Rool looks extremely faithful to the source material while updating his design.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's literally no justification for attacking a fanbase. Ever.
Simon: 80% He's a great gaming icon and has a awesome moveset
Richter: 85% Actually I liked his design and personality better
Chrom: 75% I thought he'd stay nonplayable. It's cool Awakening cast is here and being a Roy clone fits him
Dark Samus: 10% It's nice how floaty she is, I guess
King K.Rool: -10% That killed my hype a bit. I hope all *****ing and moaning his fans did until now was worth it.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Simon - 70%
Looks like I'm going to have some fun with him... love the uniqueness of his whip sort of reminds me of melee/brawl shiek a bit.

Richter- 20%
prefer Simon and that's all there is to it.

Chrom- 30%
I like Chrom and all but in the end it's just another character using Marth's moveset. I'm not mad at all about another FE rep... I just wish their move sets were more diverse.

Dark Samus- 50%
Never asked for Dark Samus, but I seriously see myself playing as this character since I have fun playing regualar Samus

King K Rool- 70%
Well he finally got in... I can cross off another character from my wanted list. Plus, I like what I'm seeing with his move set.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Simon: 65% - I like his inclusion from a historical standpoint, but I'm probably not excited as others because Castlevania is a series that I've had a lot of trouble with getting into.

Richter: 60% - it seems to mean good things for other third party series going forward, but I know nothing about Richter (I only found out recently that he was the Belmont from the intro to Symphony of the Night), and again, Castlevania is a tough series for me to get into. However, his inclusion did inspire me to restart Symphony of the Night.

Chrom: 30% - Awakening and Fates are the only Fire Emblem games that I'm familiar with, with Awakening being the only one that I've beaten, so that helps. However, I feel like it's a bit excessive to have seven characters from Fire Emblem, with four of those characters having minor variations on the same moveset and three of the FE characters being from the same game.

Dark Samus: 75% - while I still need to finish Metroid Prime 3 (I'm completely lost on the sky city level, so I might just restart the game), I'm glad to see more Metroid characters make it in. Even if Dark Samus wouldn't be my first choice (that would easily be Ridley), it's nice to see that Metroid's getting some new characters after only having two versions of the same character (at best) in every other Smash game.

K. Rool: 100% - I'd go higher if I felt like being hyperbolic, but K. Rool and Ridley were my most wanted newcomers for this game AND Smash 4, and from the trailers, both of them were handled perfectly.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Simon and Richter- If you are A Castlevania fan you're probably over the moon right now. You got your guy, an echo of your guy, 34 songs, a stage, an assist trophy of my guy, and a boss. I'm not the biggest Castlevania fan but even I must admit how well Sakurai has done for this series. 8/10
Also the Luigi is dead trailer might just be my favorite trailer so far.

Chrom- Well we got a fourth Marth. I'll be honest, I never really liked Chrom at any point. Glad for his fans but I feel like you could've made this guy and alt for Lucina and most parties would be satisfied. 3/10
Though I will admit. If Chrom is no longer Robin's Final Smash, then that probably means Grima is going to be. So in a way Chrom may have given us our first Fire Emblem villain. And that makes me happy.

Dark Samus- She animates nicely. Also love the organic veininess of her armor. 5/10

King K Rool- Yes. That is all I have to say. 9/10
Honestly the only way for that trailer be better is to have Dixie Kong appear at the end while K Rool buries DK and Diddy. Also why does he have a counter?

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
Primarina:
Chance-5%. This would be a very strange pick for the Gen 7 Pokemon rep. We just got Greninja in Smash 4, and while I don't think the fact that it doesn't look like a Smash fighter is a deal breaker, compared to the other two Gen 7 final stages

Want-10%. I think Primarina would be fun to play as, but generally would prefer almost any other Gen 7 possibility for the aforementioned reasons.

Commander Wof

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone has already thought of this when determining their percentages, but I believe that because of Smashdown, we will be getting either 4 new characters or no new characters! What I mean by this is that in the Smashdown mode, there needs to be a roster number that's divisible by four so that there are enough fighters for each player to use in several rounds without leaving anyone out. If you look closely at the roster screen for the Smashdown mode, you'll notice that Mii Fighter is missing, meaning that after adding King K. Rool to the roster, there are 68 fighters available. Since 68 is divisible by 4, this means that there are already enough characters to fulfill the requirements for multiple rounds, which is why I said that there may be no more new fighters.

However, 64 divided by 4 is 17, and to me, that seems like a weird number of rounds to end on, so I feel like it makes sense to increase that number to 18 rounds by adding in 4 new characters. And if three people are able to play Smashdown (I'd assume so), the number needs to be divisible by 3 as well. Having 72 fighters would do just that, which would last a total of 24 rounds. This to me is what guarantees 4 new fighters being added, and if you think so to, it might affect some of the ratings you've given to characters thus far.

So if I could throw my hat in the ring, I'd say that the most likely fighters to get in with the restriction of only 4 new fighters max, based solely on what I've seen to be the most requested characters on the internet, are Shantae, Geno, Bandana Dee, and Issac. Of course this last bit is only my perception of what I believe the fans want, and since a lot of highly requested characters have been making it in recently, these seem like the most likely candidates to me. I'm sure everyone else has put more time into figuring out potential candidates than I have and probably have a better grasp of the most requested characters than I do.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Primarina

Chance: 5% - Leave it to Sakurai to get a sea lion working in Smash. Still, I think the Gen VII Pokemon spot is mostly between Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Incineroar.

Want: 0% - No real interest in Primarina, really.

Nominations: All to Deconfirmed Character DLC

D

Deleted member

Primarina
Chance: 10%
Want: 35%

Like for Incineroar, I just prefer Decidueye.

Noms:
Concept: Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Labo Man prediction: 14.03%

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone has already thought of this when determining their percentages, but I believe that because of Smashdown, we will be getting either 4 new characters or no new characters! What I mean by this is that in the Smashdown mode, there needs to be a roster number that's divisible by four so that there are enough fighters for each player to use in several rounds without leaving anyone out. If you look closely at the roster screen for the Smashdown mode, you'll notice that Mii Fighter is missing, meaning that after adding King K. Rool to the roster, there are 68 fighters available. Since 68 is divisible by 4, this means that there are already enough characters to fulfill the requirements for multiple rounds, which is why I said that there may be no more new fighters.

However, 64 divided by 4 is 17, and to me, that seems like a weird number of rounds to end on, so I feel like it makes sense to increase that number to 18 rounds by adding in 4 new characters. And if three people are able to play Smashdown (I'd assume so), the number needs to be divisible by 3 as well. Having 72 fighters would do just that, which would last a total of 24 rounds. This to me is what guarantees 4 new fighters being added, and if you think so to, it might affect some of the ratings you've given to characters thus far.

So if I could throw my hat in the ring, I'd say that the most likely fighters to get in with the restriction of only 4 new fighters max, based solely on what I've seen to be the most requested characters on the internet, are Shantae, Geno, Bandana Dee, and Issac. Of course this last bit is only my perception of what I believe the fans want, and since a lot of highly requested characters have been making it in recently, these seem like the most likely candidates to me. I'm sure everyone else has put more time into figuring out potential candidates than I have and probably have a better grasp of the most requested characters than I do.
This is very unlikely to be a problem. It would require two things:
1. Smashdown mode would need to be locked out until the roster is fully unlocked.
2. DLC would need to bring in 4 (or 12) characters at a time.

More than likely the roster will just reset when there aren't enough fighters remaining for the players to use.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Primarina
Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

I honestly don't think we're getting a new Pokemon, but if we are I have a feeling it will be a Pokemon from gen 8 as a sneak peek into what gen 8 will be.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Primarina

Chance: 40%

As far as Pokemon go, it's doing pretty well. It's the third most popular Alolan Pokemon in Japan and the most popular fully evolved Gen 7 starter. It's quite unique in abilities and design, so it can bring something new to the table. It's unorthodox body and movement can be managed with some clever animations (sliding on the water for movement for example), so I can't see that working against it.

Want: 75%

Incineroar will always be my most wanted Pokemon, but I do like Primarina too. It's a fun design and a good battler, and has enough unique elements that it would stand out on its own.

Troykv

Smash Master

Lower priority:
Which are the characters that Vergeben talked about outside of Ridley, K. Rool and Simon?

FE is a weird one; because Chrom it had become a complete anomaly in Fire Emblem Character selection (he basically follows the same trend that the rest of the game so far; but still), with he being an old-ish wanted character instead of a character that is more easily to relate with a new game (unless you count FEH; but pretty much everyone that is relevant for Smash Selection appers there)... So his presence both hurts and helps other Fire Emblem Characters (except the too new ones; they're death at this point).

Other-wise I agree with the characters you select to give a potential re-rate.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Primarina
Chance: 0.5% -
It. Has. No. Legs. In a game where running and jumping are important mechanics, these are kind of essential. And it's not like it can float like Mewtwo or Dark Samus. Only reason it's not a zero is because it's Nintendo and this is Sakurai. But Decidueye and Incineroar have a much higher shot at making it.
Want: 0% - Worst of the starter trio, and do we really need a third water type 'mon?

Prediction: Labo Man
Chance: 1.21%
Want: 36.75%

Nominations:
Frank West x5

Top Bottom