• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Anna
Chance: 10%

Only reoccurring FE character(except Tiki), is relatively popular female fire emblemer albeit dwarves by Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, etc.

She's also an easy fit for any FE weapon apparently! And recently Heroes, Fates, Awakening and Warriors playable roles...you know; the ones most people have played...

Want: 60%
OK, it was much lower until I read she uses every god damn weapon in the series.

Hell, let's just scrap half the current FE cast and have her with multiple weaponry as she'd instantly rep the series with more variety than Roy and Lucina. I'm excited by an axe and bow wielder... That has some serious potential!

Phoenix Wright prediction: 9%

Nominations:
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x5
Gave me another idea for a decent FE rep who can include lots of characters without overrunning the roster.

D

Deleted member

Anna

Chance: 3%
Even though she's recurring, she just lacks the star power necessary to make it into Smash. She's like a personified easter egg. Heroes is her most notable appearance but that's a mobile game.

Want: 20%
I like her and all, but just not in Smash. She's a weird case all around.

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 9.31%

Nominations: Elma x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Anna
Chances: 5%
Want: 0%
Predictions: Phoenix Wright 11%
Nominations: Dark Matter Blade x 5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Money Ginger Waifu

Chance: 2%

Anna has presence in every FE game yes but her importance to the series isn't that big really. Newcomers from FE are always the main characters of the game.

An axe user would be a nice change of pace for FE newcomers but i'm not exactly dying to see more FE representation as you might guess. That being said would prefer her over Hector a hundred times out of ten; the latter whom I find overrated and overhyped.

Prediction: Phoenix Wright

Chance: 28%
Want: 53%

Nominations

Mike Jones X 3
Concept: Advance Wars CO X 2

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Anna

Chance: 0%
"Hey guys I think Nurse Joy should be in Smash Bros, she's been in every game so she's practically the main character."

Want: -100%
No more Fire Emblems

Phoenix Wright prediction: 10%

Nominations:

Travis Touchdown x2

Funky Kong x3

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Anna
Chance: 1%

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 16.21%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x10

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
ANNA:
Chance: 8%
I have a hunch we won't get any new Fire Emblem reps in the base game due to general FE fatigue amongst many players (which I'm optimistically hoping Sakurai is aware of) and also just bad timing. I feel like if we do get any FE newcomers, it'll be a DLC character from the Switch game since the trend for FE newcomers seems to be an emphasis on promotion above all else, moreso than for other series. In short, while there are definitely far less likely FE newcomers, Anna isn't exactly at the top of the list. At least, not at this moment in time.
Want: 2%
Never really been a Fire Emblem player. I also happen to think the series is a bit oversaturated in Smash already, although I'd love to see a playable Black Knight (even though that'll probably never happen - sigh).

PHOENIX WRIGHT PREDICTION: 10%

NOMINATIONS:
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
This is incorrect. She's only playable in Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and Warriors.
Sorry, I was rushing, and forgot to put in "for most recent games," or some such there. I had to attend to family matters, and was rushing to make a reply.

Not true, technically. While it is true that Anna wasn't on the top 20, that was due to her votes being split between 6 different versions of her. Votes of them are as follows (source)...

Awakening - 3446 votes
Heroes - 3224 votes
Fates - 1953 votes
Shadow Dragon - 689 votes
Radiant Dawn - 236 votes
Mistery of the Emblem - 201 votes

Combined, she would have earned 9749 votes, enough for her to place 19th, a bit low but respectable and within the top 20.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Only reoccurring FE character(except Tiki).
Just wanted to point out that this is actually incorrect.

Palla, Catria, Est, and Camus all appear in six of the fifteen games (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Shadow Dragon, Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia, and Mystery of the Emblem/New Mystery of the Emblem). Even ignoring the remakes, that's three unique appearances for each of those characters, to say nothing of the other overlapping cast members in Shadow Dragon/MotE, Binding Blade/Blazing Blade, and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Anna
Chance- 10%
Seems like there's too much competition for a limited space, and I don't see them going for someone that isn't a major character in a mainline game. That said, she has gained much more prominence in recent titles, so I wouldn't write her off completely. Comparing her to someone like Nurse Joy has been a blatant false equivalence since Awakening.
Want- 65%
I wouldn't mind. It would be nice to have a character that has a reoccurring role so that they don't feel dated and weigh down the roster in the next Smash. She would have moveset options, though I'm not sure any would be as immediately conceptually interesting to me as someone like Celica. FE saturation is keeping this want score down, but I would still be ok with this.

Phoenix Wright Predictions- 11%

Nominations:
Ashley x3
Banjo & Kazooie x2

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance 3%
Sakurai chooses the leads of Fire Emblem, not side characters. Sure, she will have recency till the end of time (as long as she is still reoccurring in FE) and the possibility for a unique moveset, but she is pretty minor. Not to mention Sakurai himself feels there are too many FE characters now and he hates to make cuts, so Anna not only faces the stiff competition for another FE character but also may miss out due to FE not getting another.

Want: 50%
I like Anna and I like finding her in FE games. If she made it I'd be ok with her as I don't really care how many FE characters get in Smash. I have way more characters that I'd rather see get in though.

noms: Tethu X5

predictions: Pheonix Wright 23.63%

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Chance 1% We already have Robin for the recurring Fire Emblem character, it will be a generic advertisement nobody likes from the latest game.

Want 15% This is a high score for a Fire Emblem character for me. She would be very preferable to a generic advertisement lord nobody likes from the latest game.

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

Predict Phoenix Wright 24%

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chance 1% We already have Robin for the recurring Fire Emblem character, it will be a generic advertisement nobody likes from the latest game.
Robin isn't a recurring character.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance: 5%
Sakurai has only chosen very recent and upcoming Lords/Avatars(Robin) for Smash and we've gotta respect the patterns. Anna's only chances are:
  • A highly recurring character minus Gaiden/Echoes, akin to a more secretive/easter egg Nurse Joy but has recently become playable in FatesAwakening.
  • Unique: She's used almost every weapon in the series and as of Awakening/Fates/Heroes has become obsessed with money. However you may feel about her, Sakurai would no doubt create an interesting moveset around being a merchant and using multiple weapons.
  • A WTF character: Not a Wii Fit Trainer, but will have people going "what?". However, this may not bode well for Anna since WFT was known to the most casual of casuals... Anna's a secret character in a franchise that is only recently breaking into the mainstream.
  • Heroes: Technically not a lord, but has now technically taught more people Fire Emblem's core gameplay due to Heroes large success and install base for an FE game.
Anna's chances going against her:
  • Not too popular even within FE players. If you add up all of Anna's split-votes between her appearances in CYL 2 she gets to #19 in the Female Division with a bit over 9,000 votes. Not bad for a competition against upwards of 800-900 other characters, but it's not doing much to justify her over ~40 other characters just in FE.
  • Not really a character: as much as Roy and Corrin are agreed to be the worst lords in the series due to their awful characterization, at least they are lords. We still only have a minuscule number of bearable lords compared to what the series has to offer (not more characters, but better ones to replace them) and I don't believe Smash and Fire Emblem are at the point of having non-Lord/Avatar characters represented yet.
Want: 5%
Would Anna be good moveset-wise? Yes. Would Anna be good character-wise? Could be funny. Would Anna be good player reception-wise? Dear God no, Anna fits the bill for pretty much everything except for one key detail: desire. The casuals probably wouldn't know FE (let alone Anna), the Smash community hates FE, the Fire Emblem community hates FE, the Fire Emblem community would prefer and has shown with official polls that they prefer others, almost nobody actually wants Anna.

I think she'd be cool in Smash and not even as an FE fan, a merchant moveset utilizing multiple weapons, tricks, and money would be extremely interesting for Smash gameplay, but if she's not a clone or extremely low-effort last minute then her inclusion would be a real sting since it could've been someone else.

Pheonix Wright Prediction: 25%

Noms: Fjorm x5

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Anna

We know there's going to be more FE characters, and although she's a recurring character with a big role in Heroes we also know there's competition for those spaces and she doesn't have the popularity or bandwagon of others

Still against new FE characters without cuts first

Nominate Ganon x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just wanted to point out that this is actually incorrect.

Palla, Catria, Est, and Camus all appear in six of the fifteen games (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Shadow Dragon, Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia, and Mystery of the Emblem/New Mystery of the Emblem). Even ignoring the remakes, that's three unique appearances for each of those characters, to say nothing of the other overlapping cast members in Shadow Dragon/MotE, Binding Blade/Blazing Blade, and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.
This is fair. I'm still pretty new to Fire Emblem so I'm still learning. If you see any other misfacts I state regarding this series in particular please feel free to correct me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've changed my post to better reflect this. Curse FEH and its silly inability to combine ballot votes. Ruined Marth's shot at getting 2nd.
I'm still high-key salty about that tbh.

This is fair. I'm still pretty new to Fire Emblem so I'm still learning. If you see any other misfacts I state regarding this series in particular please feel free to correct me.
No problem! It's just a decently common misconception so I wanted to point it out. :p

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Anna Chances:
8%
Man, really hard to tell the chances with all those possible Fire Emblem Characters. Probably the hardest series to predict a Newcomer.
Anna has a few things going for her, but gets beaten by some characters in most of her Pros.
-) One of the most recurring characters (others that aren´t in Smash: Tiki, Palla, Est, Catria, Camus)
-) placed well on the Poll (apparently 19th)
-) Big Role in Feheroes (Though I think if a character represents FEH it´s gonna be Fjorm)
-) A lot of recent appearances (Awakening, Heroes, Warriors...; though she strikes me more like a joke character)
-) Used about every weapon in game (Could make for an interesting moveset and represent the missing classes of Fe)
Besides the last thing I doubt any of those Pros would be a reason to put her into Smash. And unique interesting movesets could also be made for Fjorm, Celica, Tiki, Azura, Axe Users (Camilla, Hector), Bow Users (Takumi) and so on.

Anna Want:
18%
I like her and think she could have a nice moveset, but there are many others I´d prefer.

Phoenix Wright Predict:
13,83%

Nominations:
5x Fjorm

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anna
Chance 3%
She's not really a major character in any of them and I honestly don't think we'll get a new character
Want: 1%
She's one of the better Fire Emblem choices, but she's still a Fire Emblem character

Prediction 9%
Nominate Lara Croft x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Anna

Chance 15%: very low but she is a recurring character from what I understand.

Want: 10%: I don't know Fire Emblem well. I think there are better non Fire Emblem characters that deserve the spot.

Nomination:
New Story Mode 5x

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Anna

Chance: 15%

Her competition is so stiff, she is recurring and could make for an interesting hammer space style collection of unrepped FE classes, but she is basically an eternal side character, even in heroes she's pushed out of the spotlight by the other protagonists. And of course, as I said at the beginning, shes in competition with characters like Celica, Lyn, Hector, and others.

Want: 65%

Honestly, if they went crazy with her moveset, she could be pretty cool, although she isn't my first choice.

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 21% Chance / 47% Want

Nominate: Elma x 5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anna

She is a popular Fire Emblem character and one of the more requested ones from her series. She also has the advantage of being a reoccurring character throughout the Fire Emblem games. Sadly, there is one thing holding her back: she isn't a main character. Well, she just recently became one in Heroes, but she is overshadowed by many other candidates. There's also the issue that the FE newcomers tend to be the lords from the most relevant main series FE games.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Anna. She's basically just a much less entertaining version of Mr. Krabs. Besides that, I have many other Fire Emblem characters I'd want over her.

------

Predictions

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): 16.78%

Popular third party character, but I have a feeling people will debate about how iconic he is in addition to how Megaman and Ryu making up two Capcom reps will affect his chances.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Anna

Chance: 18%
Although she’s one of the few recurring characters in the series, as well as having the potential for the most unique Fire Emblem moveset, she has to compete with Lyn’s popularity, Celica’s relevancy and the FE Switch Protagonist’s marketability.

Want: 75%
If I could replace any of the FE clone/semi-clone characters (Roy or Lucina) with Anna, I would without a second thought.

Predictions:
Phoenix Wright: 16.5%
Oh this’ll be a good one.

Nominations:
Tethu x 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anna Chance: 10%

Gratned I don't know terribly much about Fire Emblem, but I'm not completely out of the loop. Apart from being an apparently fairly popular recurring character, I don't see how she stands out among the many other characters FE has to offer. Especially considering how FE newcomers generally seem to be newer characters from newer games, so far at least.

I don't know much about this character, and, sorry to say, I'm among those who are.....kinda sick of all the Fire Emblem characters, honestly. You can blame my case on my lack of experience with the series. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before. This Want Score might've been different if that wasn't the case.

Nominations: Tetra x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Anna
Chance: 10% - I can see this happening if Sakurai decides that he needs a Fire Emblem character to rep the entire series instead of just the most recent game. Her huge role in Fire Emblem Heroes definitely helps given how financially successful it was.

Phoenix Wright prediction: 19%

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Anna
If we a) get an FE newcomer and b) it isn't the FE Switch lord, I do think it would be Anna. However, those are two pretty big conditions. I think it's more likely we just wouldn't get an FE newcomer.

Want: 150% (I know, count it as 100%)
If I could add any character in existence to Smash, literally anyone, it would be Anna.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anna

As reoccuring as she is, Sakurai seems to prefer putting main characters of fire emblem characters in. And even considering heroes, I feel like if they wanted to promote that they would use someone like Veronica instead.

Want: 55%
Anna is certainly cute. And wheather she is using an axe or her trickster moveset would be pretty cool.

Nominations: Veronica (Fire emblem) x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Anna Chances 5%
Posting from my phone tonight so no time for details. She's a lovable "mascot" who very few realize is a mascot, but her entire franchise is fighting her in ways that only Pokemon can relate to.

Want 80% my most wanted FE character. I would take her over Roy any day, please replace.

Predict Phoenix Wright 4.5%
Nom Nia and Dromarch x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Anna

Chance: 32%
Arguing for Anna is like arguing for Cid's inclusion over other Final Fantasy characters. She has an impeccable attendance record that's gradually built up a decent level of popularity for her, making her "officially" a relevant character - there must be some reason that IS made her the only recurring face of the whole franchise. And since she's no sword lord and presides over a wealth of vendor trash and refined weaponry, she's got the very-real possibility of incorporating weird abilities that you normally wouldn't see, such as non-legendary weapons, consumables, and shopkeeper sensibilities.

But, uh, are they really going to skip how many main characters before Anna? I'm aware that Warriors and Heroes did it, but I wouldn't call them paragons of emulation, especially when they can cram in all the Fire Emblem characters they could ask for. Smash is already too full of those guys - and yet, I can see it happening the same way Pokemon Trainer and Villager became the first picks over all the other choices in their games. Instead of picking between multiple equally-eligible characters, just pick the one with perfect attendance; while less characterized, they have no other competition in their bracket to worry about.

Want: 15%
She's really, really not my first pick. But I can acknowledge that an out-there Fire Emblem moveset that doesn't take itself too seriously would be a more interesting choice than Yet Another Sword Lord. Not to mention that you don't really go down the totem pole by picking Anna as you would choosing some other secondary protagonist for want of a different weapon to use.

Prediction:
Phoenix Wright: 6.7%

Nominations:
Papyrus (Undertale) 5x

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sorry for the late day ending an emergency popped up.

Anna
35% Chance
100% Want

She is recurring and her roles have increased since Awakening. I could see her sneaking in. Also a rouge type character would be so fun.

Day over, calcs coming soon, please start Phoenix Wright and predict Eggman

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Ace Attorney franchise has a strong relationship with Nintendo and is one of Capcom’s iconic series. Phoenix Wright getting in Smash depends on how well he ranked in the ballot compared to other voted 3rd-party candidates. Phoenix has MANY positives going for him such as company relationship, gameplay potential with utilizing the court case mechanics, and game history to get in Smash. It is a matter of if he ranked high enough for Sakurai to notice and take the time to consider Phoenix for Smash, of which I feel is an uncertainty. I have seen multiple Smash fan-polls where he had some popularity, but not in top rankings where it would garner notable attention.

He is not as clear in high popularity as a choice like Layton, who likely ranked in top 5 in the Europe based on notable franchise popularity in that region. I want to say he is very popular in the North American region, but Wright does not frequently rank notably in U.S. Smash fan polls for me to make a surefire hypothesis of Wright’s ballot ranking. Who knows? He could be chosen despite being potentially less voted in the ballot and if Sakurai finds the idea of a lawyer attracting enough to make the character playable. But I feel that Sakurai will choose one of the top 5 candidates to make his next third-party choices. I doubt Phoenix is among those top ranking choices, so I personally cannot see him happening.

x5 Tom Nook

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Phoenix Wright

Ehh... I'll at least acknowledge the fact that he's somewhat iconic among video game characters. However, between the rest of the competition he has for those few third-party spots in Smash, Pheonix seems like a very unlikely character.

Want: 20%
I don't care that much for the guy, but I have no doubt that he'd be a funny and unique character to play as. Still, he's way back on my list of third-parties I'd want in Smash.

Predictions:
Eggman Chance: 14%
Eggman Want: 23%

Nominations:
Mipha x5

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 1% - Highly unlikely. If Capcom is getting any other characters in Smash, I doubt a character from Ace Attorney will be a priority. For new series, I'd say Monster Hunter would be more likely.

Want: 0% - Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster.

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Phoenix Wright

If we got a third Capcom character, it could be him...if they don't go for a Monster Hunter or Resident Evil character. And that first part is a big if already. In other words, Wright has a TON of competition, even from within his own company.

Want: 65%
He's cool. Plus hey, he'd be our first Visual Novel character, so...genre representation, yay.

Predicting a 9.87 for Eggman
Nominating Henry Fleming x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Phoenix Wright

Third party franchise with close ties to nintendo....And he does have an existing fighting game moveset which could be translated into Smash...But I feel like he won't get much representation in smash, perhaps a couple trophies and such at most...Phoenix Wright isn't nearly as popular as Megaman or Street Fighter, two franchises already in smash, nor is it as big as a couple Capcom franchises not yet in Smash...

Eh...

----

Predictions:
Eggman-14.54%

----

Dark Samus x5

Top Bottom