• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ganon

Chance: 5%

He's already a Final Smash, well the more bestial form and he's probably seen as unlikely.

Want: 60%

Gimme gimme

Prediction for Bomberman: 26%

Recent, but Konami

Nominaitions: Tsubasa Oribe x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chance: 2.1%

- Falcondorf is a thing so that puts classic Ganon in a rather awkward position. He’s also Falcondorf’s Final Smash but...so was Palutena in the past so...who knows...?

Want: 1%

- He’s not Lana.

Prediction

Bomberman: 21.5%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x2

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ganon

Chance: 4%

While we may have alternate Links and Zelda, I doubt we will get an alternate Dorf. Because Sakurai may feel he is fine the way he is due to his own bias. Plus the Bipedal Pig Ganon isn't that well known.

Want: 80%

Just do it and give me a new trident moevset.

Prediction for Bomberman: 22%

Nominaitions: Sans x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Pig Ganon
Chance: 1%
He is not that popular.

Want: 0%
NOPE

Nomination: Octopath traveller character x5

D

Deleted member

Ganon
Chance and want 0%
I dont think pig ganon is going to be anything but a final smash for ganon, nor do i want for the zelda series representatives to be 2 links, 2 zeldas, and 2 ganondorfs.

Prediction
Bomberman 25.7%

Noms
Sable Prince x1
Tora and Poppi x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Ganon

The competition is big and piggy lacks in popularity nya~ Nyo guarantee we're even getting nyanother Zelda character too nya... I can only see it happening if Sakurai seriously wants a 2nd Ganon nya.

Want: 40%
I'd prefer nyalmost any other Zelda character over a 2nd Ganon nya. But I wouldn't be upset if he got in nya, afterall I do like the classic Zelda games... and bacon nya. :nifty:

Nyominations
Mimikyu: x5

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Ganon

Chance: 9%

Nintendo will try to avoid clones and reinvent the wheel

Want: 3%

I love GDorf but I hate Ganon. If he's good, then maybe

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not exactly in the mood for a rating with this one, so I'll just double abstain.

------

Predictions

Bomberman (Bomberman): 18.32%

There's third-party issues here and there, but I feel like Super Bomberman R will do a decent job boosting some of those scores.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chance: 2%

While recurring, he doesn't seem to be as popular as other potential Zelda candidates. And I don't really see a Zelda newcomer evn happening at all. I feel BOTW Link will be the biggest change to Zelda representation this time around.

Plus he's already kinda Ganondorf's Final Smash so that's an issue.

Want: 35%

If an untouched Falcondorf will still be a thing, then I wouldn't mind.

Predictions for Bomberman: 30.14%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
"I WONDER WHAT GANON'S UP TO!"

Chance: 7%
With Ganondorf being the main Zelda bad-guy in Smash Bros and him transforming into Beast Ganon for a final Smash, I don't see much in the way that could potentially make Ganon a separate character/entity in Smash, unless they decided to go a cheap and ineffective way in the form of Calamity Ganon, but I don't see that happening at all (nor would I really want that change to happen)

Want: 15%
If I'm wanting a Zelda newcomer, I'd rather it'd be some new blood from Breath of the Wild (if we'll be getting a BotW newcomer at all) and just seeing Ganondorf slowly become more unique over time with more magic and swordplay attacks.

Nominations: Yu Narukami (Persona 4) X5

D

Deleted member

"It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon"

Nomination: T-Rex (Fossil Fighters) x 5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ganon chances: abstain
Ganon want: abstain

I feel like I should have beaten BotW to rate this but I haven't yet... When BotW was released I played it a lot but less than one month later I lost most of my free time, I got it back a few months later but didn't bother touching by Wii U back very much until very recently... and I lost most of my free time again. Anyway, Ganon being playable as his own character would imply for Ganondorf to have a new Final Smash.

Bomberman prediction: 22.43%

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x3
Returning game mode: Smash Run x2

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ganon

I just don't see it happening. We already have Ganondorf and Ganon is his stronger bigger half. In other words a Final Smash.
Want: 10%
It might be hypocritical coming from a Ridley supporter, but I think it would just be weird for Ganon to be the same size as Ganondorf. Plus I'd rather other Zelda characters

Prediction Bomberman 23%

Nominate my usual, Parabo and Satebo x5. I should have done Lara Croft first. If she were magically in the game, E3 would be the time to reveal her.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Ganon is the only Zelda newcomer that makes sense. Since Sakurai refuses to rework Ganondorf, Ganon is the obvious way to go. Ganondorf deserves 2 movesets more than Link and Zelda. This time, there's no episodic Zelda character to get in his way.

Chance 40%
Want 100%

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

D

Deleted member

Ganon
For whatever reason i cannot see this happening.

Want: 45%
Im torn on the idea. On the one hand i do want a more "accurate" ganondorf but don't want to alienate falcondorf players, and ganon certainly delivers that and more.
On the other hand, i don't really like variants of characters already on the roster.

Mimikyu x5
I just want to finally rant on how much i hate this thing. We're getting closer.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ganon

While the idea of a new heavy villain is something that a lot of people have been asking for, Ganon as a separate character is one that sort of doesn't get that much attention. For one Ganondorf's final Smash is a transformation into Beast Ganon and while it's not the trident wielding Wizpig, that may be something Sakurai views as the same either way.

That said, there's demand for a new Zelda character, new villains and new heavies in the roster, and Ganon has decent recency appearing in A Link Between Worlds, but despite what he offers as a new fighter I don't see it happening. Much like other Zelda characters his demand as he is doesn't stand out compared to other Zelda newcomers and as a result he may fly under the radar.

Want: 70%
While I would prefer other fighters from the Zelda franchise myself, a dark magic wielding wizard archetype that uses a trident could make for a very unique fighter. Though I admit if we do get a new Zelda character I'd rather one that was at least not yet another form of the three we already have (unless that form includes a certain imp riding on their back)

----

Bomberman-33.33%

----

Dark Samus x5

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 14%

It honestly could happen. Maybe if Masahiro wanted a new Ganon moveset while keeping the old one. Though Ganon's kinda big.

Having two Links and two Zeldas is a nightmare enough.

Nominations: Urban Champion ×5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Ganon

Chance 5%: Not likely.

Want: 15%: There are better Zelda reps to add than Ganon.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon, the Big Bad of the Zelda franchise

Chance: 20%

He's been showing up a lot in this form lately. Exclusively if we don't count remakes. This SHOULD bode well for Ganon, but somehow it doesn't because he, much like Ridley, is simply a giant monsterous being that would be hard to balance. And might actually be 2Big™ as well.

There's also the fact Ganondorf is literally the same character, but in human form. So that doesn't help well with his cause at all.

What more needs to be said? It would be awesome to have him, especially with 2 Links and 2 Zeldas already in. But I don't see it happening.

Want: 70%

I think Ganon would be an awesome addition, and very much in fact, he'd be a PERFECT addition- I'll admit, even better than Impa, as he's the original and official bad guy of Zelda. Very important therefore. Plus he'd obviously be a super heavy weight, and that Trident of his makes for a great potential playstyle. Plus, we could use more villains, and Ganon is as iconic as a villain as can be and isn't farfetched.

He'd be a great addition, just not very realisable unless massively resized. And that would look quite weird after Breath of the Wild...

Nominate my bro Funky Kong x 5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Ganon

Chance: 10% - Low, but not impossible. Thus far, the only Zelda characters we have playable are Triforce wielders. Link and Toon Link, Zelda and Shiek, then there's Ganondorf. Beast Ganon would fit the theme of what we already have, and there's several iterations of Ganon that could work in Smash.

Want: 70% - I've been warming up more and more to the idea. One of my more wanted Zelda newcomers, thats for sure.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Ganon

Chance: 10%

Zelda probably isn't getting a newcomer and if it does, Ganon isn't even close to a lock in. Plus he's not exactly got any kind of bandwagon whatever.

Want: 100%
You know it makes sense, especially with Falcondorf a shambles of a character. Major villain, iconic name, unique moveset, there's nothing not to love.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ganon

Chance: 12%

Unfortunately he probably isn't the likely as a rep, especially if we do get a Zelda newcomer, it'll be Impa or anything. But it would be really great especially if we still have Falcondorf.

Bomberman Prediction: 37.65%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ganon

Chance: 10%

Recurring form of one of the main characters, and thus far Zelda only has had versions of the main trio, so there's that. Still, competition is high for a spot that may or may not exist, he's not as popular as others, and Dorf's final smash might be seen as enough. Same score I've been giving the non-Lana Zelda characters it is!

Want: 5%

5% for being notable, I guess. I've never cared for him though, and honestly it's easily my second least favorite semi-common Zelda newcomer choice. Nothing to do with him being another version of someone already on the roster - the one from the series I'm most interested in would end up being Zelda #3 - I just frankly don't care about this version of Ganon and have no interest in playing as him.

Bomberman prediction: 26.72%

Nominations: Tom Nook x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Ganon
Chance: 3% -
We already have Ganondorf; and we don't have two of anyone who isn't Mario or Link (no Pichu and Dark Pit don't count) so I doubt we're going to get another Ganon, let alone another Zelda villain.
Want: 0% - Pass.

Prediction: Bomberman
Chance: 23.47%
Want: 87.15%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ganon
Chances: 15%
Easily the most important Zelda character not in the roster, IF you count him as not there. But hey, we have Sheik and Zelda, so I don't see the problem with it.
Want: 75%
Ganon appeals to me and I also happen to personally think he's the best choice for a Zelda newcomer.

Predictions: Bomberman 15%
Nominations: Gooey x 5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I finished analyzing every character being rated for the next week. I look forward to Lycanroc's rating the most, with Simon Belmont coming close to a second. I hope Lycanroc will be a very fun discussion. :)

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Ganon

I really don’t think there’s anything going for him. I can see Ganondorf getting modified, but I can’t see Ganon happening. He’s already in Ganondorf’s Final Smash to begin with!

If we’re getting a new Zelda character, I want a NEW Zelda character. Ganondorf is there already, so I personally don’t have an interest in Ganon. Let’s get some new faces! We’ve got two Links already.

-----

Bomberman chance prediction: 18.67%

Nomination:

DeMille x5

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ganon

I think this is one of the more realistic options for a Zelda newcomer and there aren't that many. Tingle has his merits and deserves to be playable. Impa is another option, but obviously the clock will need to be turned back a few decades (a Sheik alt is plausible and would be a great compromise; this would be a cool and contextually appropriate nod to the guardian-mentor relationship Impa had with the princess in OoT). Outside of these three, I don't see it happening for a Zelda newcomer. I mean, I suppose Link could practically be one depending on how much of his moveset changes. If he get runes and champion powers, that's a completely different character. The rest? One shot assistants, one shot villains and revisions of Zelda that haven't been in a main game in some time. When it comes to the Zelda series, Sakurai hasn't shown a willingness to invest in characters with limited appearances. Sheik remains soley because she's been grandfathered in as a veteran and was Zelda's alter ego anyway.

Moving on, Ganon has a fantastic legacy and offers an array of interesting possibilities: dual great sword-wielding melee terror, trident-wielding pyromancer (my personal favorite depiction) or heavyweight sorcerer. Each of these is a niche that's not been explored before and would be worthwhile concepts to bring into Smash. So he's got that on his side. Secondly, the guy is super duper important in every game he appears in. He's either a standalone entity or Ganondorf's transformation. Often times, he has the illustrious distinction of being the game's final boss. In all cases, he's part of the triforce three, which is a theme Sakurai has demonstrated that he's comfortable revisiting more than once, whether we've been excited about that idea or not. Lastly, Ganon bridges generations. He was there in the beginning and he's here with us now in 2018. Every Zelda fan knows who he is and every Zelda fan has their connection with the character. That's big and this is important to Sakurai. Ganon not only has a future, but he has a long and storied past.

Chance: 20%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ganon Chance: Abstain

Want: 55%

I don't have much to say about this character, simply because he's not one I think about much. That said, I do like this incarnation of Zelda's main villain, so if they could do something interesting with him in Smash, I really couldn't be mad.

Nominations: Sans x5

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Ganon

Chances: 40%
It's a possibility, but regualr ganon hasn't really been in the picture at all recently, at least ont in a realizable, normal sized, speaking form

Want: 10%
I'd much rather have Skull Kid as a zelda rep honestly, but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Nominations: Louie x5

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena

Ganon.
Chance 25% Makes sense as a new Zelda rep, and would be a very unique character. That being said I think we have a better chance of just being Ganondorfs final smash again.

Want. 60% Would be a good way to give Zelda a new rep, although I still wouldn't mind if Lana got the Zelda spot...

Noms: Funky Kong x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
ok So I just got back from college, we fell behind my bad. We gonna do an double day for tomorrow to catch up.

Ganon
20% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Spyro x 5

Day over, please rate Bomberman in Chance and want and predict Black Shadow and Concept Marth and Roy speak English.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man of Bombs

Chance: 30%
I'm skeptical of almost every third-party character, but I feel like this fella has a decent chance.

Want: 20%
I really don't want more third-parties. However, I'll admit that the idea of a moveset revolving around dangerous explosives has me intrigued.

Black Shadow prediction: 5.2%

Marth/Roy English VAs prediction: ...25.5%? I have no idea.

Nominations: Mipha x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Bomberman
Chance: 25%
What looks good for him is that he has a good on the Switch, but if Konami were to get a rep, he has to compete with a returning Solid Snake and Simon Belmont.

I played one Bomberman game before in my life, but I am not that big on the series.

Black Shadow: 6.27%

Marth and Roy with English Vas: 45% Well, I am basing this off us not getting a toggle between the English and Japanese voices.

X5 to KOS-MOS

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
ok Bomberman

chance 45%
IDK why just seems like he fits well with the game just has that look. I feel like his game on switch may help a bit aswell as a charcter on tons of people wish list. I would have put him lower as he is not as iconic as say :4sonic: or:4pacman: but ever since :4bayonetta: was added iconic has become a much smaller issue

want 85%
seems like a fun charcter with a decent moveset potital

Predictions

Black Shadow 2.7%
Marth/Roy English 2.3%

Nomination Funkey Kong x5

Top Bottom