• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Disconfirmed Characters for DLC:

Chance - 10%

With fan demand I could see it happening for characters like Waluigi or Ashley but seriously DLC will most likely focus on brand new characters. I think DLC will probably be newer characters or fan requests that couldn't be added in time for release plus they are already implemented so focusing on others would make more sense.

Want - 100%

Captain Toad was one of my most wanted characters pre E3 and I would love it if he could make it in. Also sympathise a lot with Lyn fans considering she is one of the most popular characters in the series.

Noms: Rhythm Girl x5

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Even though I nominated it, I can’t be too positive on it.

Disconfirmed Character DLC

Chance: 15% It’s not smart to get my hopes up for a possibility that’s never even guaranteed, if Sakurai makes a character non-playable then it’s clear that they’re not playable. Granted, it would be ideal for them to simply programm the AT/background character/whatever out of the game with a patch/update but if the demand for a disconfirmed character is so strong, it might make us come across as a bit spoiled for something.

That said, it ain’t impossible either.

Want: 50/50% Nah, as a massive Waluigi supporter, people need to get over it and accept that their wants couldn’t make it in. The denial of it is honestly starting to get annoying and desperate to a grating level, it’s better to use the Ballot for characters who actually still have a chance, unless Sakurai/Nintendo outright confirms that they can’t vote for non-playable characters, I can definitely see many people wasting their votes on Waluigi, Ashley etc.

But if they allow non-playable characters to be promoted? Then sure, I’m all for it!

Otherwise, there’s always next Smash.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Deconfirmed character as DLC:

Chance: 10%
Obviously this is dependent on the character, but I'd assume anyone who is an assist trophy is out. I can't see Waluigi, Bomberman, Ashley, Krystal, Lyn, Midna, etc getting the chance, and anyone who has a major role on a stage such as Kamek and Pauline who are major parts of the stages gimmick could and probably will be out.

There is the slimmest of slim chances characters that are just background individuals like my boy Captain Toad or Tails, Silver, Cranky, Blaziken, Tingle, etc could make it into the DLC if proven to be relatively popular, but I'm really not holding out any hope for this to be likely.

Want: 10000000000000000000000000000% (or 100%)
The characters that have been deconfirmed are more interesting to me than the ones that Sakurai has actually picked:

and/or
is one of the last true Nintendo All Stars outside Dixie and Bandana Waddle Dee not in the game, plus the character I've wanted for nearly twenty ****ing years. He's been the protagonist of his own games, like a bunch of the Ultimate newcomers he's had his own Mii costume in Sm4sh which means he was probably highly voted for, he's been playable in the Mario platformers more than anyone who isn't Mario or Luigi, he's officially the player four character of the worlds leading video game, appears on tons of Nintendo merchandise, is the face of the Nintendo mobile app, and is the most glaring omission left to date(with possibly the exception of Dixie). Put him in already. Those who don't like him can punch him in the face, I don't care.

is the ONLY Pokemon I vaguely give the smallest amount of support towards since mostly the picks really do just feel like advertisement and if we have to have an anime popular character I'd rather one who has proven to have long time popularity, plus he'd also rep an important part of the Pokemon games; the villain gangs as the most iconic Team Rocket Pokemon.

Whilst I don't support her myself
is the only Fire Emblem character left who could get in on popularity that I'd say 'You know what? She earnt it'. She's the most popular Fire Emblem character outside of Ike and is sadly the only Fire Emblem character locked into a non playable role. Sakurai really screwed up there.

is one of my absolute favourite video game characters of all time and the first ever 'video game character' I ever had the chance to play as, and whilst I'm not a vocal supporter he'd make me more hyped than anyone not called Toad.

To a lesser extent I'd be pleased with
too, but I'd still prefer Tails first. Would take over Shadow though.

was my childhood and I know I'm not alone in feeling gutted he was the first ever 3rd party Assist Trophy reveal who didn't have a playable rep.

is the only other F-Zero character I actually like and is the only 'rival' from the Melee opening to not get upgraded to playable now.

and Ghirahim are important and/or beloved Zelda characters and holy crap do I need some non Triforce representation as playables already. Whilst I'm holding out for Impa(or in an alternatate universe, Vaati), I still have my doubts we'll get any new Zelda characters with Sakurai altering Link and Ganondorf so much.

whilst not as high on my list as Toad(but who the heck is?) is a lot of fun and honestly outside Toad was the other Mario character I was rooting for. Daisy is fine, but she just doesn't excite me as much as hitting people with pickaxes, running over them in minecarts or swimming through the air with some funky dance moves.

Tom Nook at this point got screwed almost as hard as Toad has throughout Smash. Being the move of another really is the worst fate a decently important character can get. At least Chrom and Palutena got to upgrade the following game. Maybe he'll be the Chrom this time getting an upgrade next game?

Actually, this would probably be my biggest desire overall. The above would almost be my ideal roster which makes me realise just how disappointed I'm going to end up with Ultimate's newcomers with only :ultinkling: and :ultisabelle: to get personally excited about at current and the rest being just okay.

Nominations:
X5
to whatever the poster after me votes for. I'm feeling generous.

Last edited:

Tew

Smash Apprentice
"Disconfirmed" Characters as DLC:

Chance: 30%
Bit Shorter than usual, since I have a lot to do.
Pros:
DLC may not be confirmed or disconfirmed yet, but I think it´s a given. Sakurai may not be a fan of it, but Nintendo sure does like Money. And it seems as if for the first time, Nintendo actually tries to make Smash for the competitive Scene too or at least appreciate, that it exists. And DLC and balance updates can Keep a game Fresh and interesting to watch. Also this game really tries to be the "Ultimate" Smash game, but a few of the disconfirmed Characters are definitely big/popular enough. Furthermore Reggie said they saw and noticed all the "support" for Waluigi after E3 (and I doubt because like 3 People were idiots and harassed Sakurai, that he won´t put in a Character many actually like).

Cons:
Not really a big Con imo, but it has never happened before. Though so far every new Smash game did something, that has never happened before. I don´t know how Sakurai thinks, but there is probably a reason he made some of the popular Characters like Waluigi, Bomberman and Lyn AT´s instead of Fighters. Maybe he doesn´t think they are interesting enough or can´t think of a proper moveset.

While I don´t think the Chance is extremely high, I do have the feeling that it will happen. I even think DLC will be bigger than for Smash 4. My guess for DLC fighters overall are “too late and/or promote” Chas Spring Man, Edelgard/Byleth, Fjorm/Veronica/Euden, Rex&Pyra, Pokémon Gen 8; some third Party Characters maybe Rayman, Crash, Banjo, Sora; some highly speculated Characters if they don´t make it into the Base Roster e.g. Skull Kid; some AT´s like Waluigi, Ashley, Bomberman.

Want: 100%
Midna, Shovel knight, Waluigi, Bomberman and and and. There are already quite a few 100% hopes disconfirmed. And they probably weren´t the last…
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x (Maybe I should stop nominating her, or I won´t finish her text in time... ^^" Get ready for a short novel once her rating day starts)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Disconfirmed Characters for DLC:

Chance: 15%

While it's possible, I don't see it happening. Thinking of the effort it would take to remove a stage hazard, AT, etc just for said character to be DLC. And I see him
most focusing on third parties and recent characters for DLC.

I think most of the deconfirmed characters deserve so much better than what they got. Bomberman, Waluigi, Captain Toad, Krstal, Zero, Tom Nook, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Knuckles, Badge Bunny, Lyn, etc. All of them would be fun DLC characters IMO.

Noms: Rhythm Girl x5

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Disconfirmed Characters for DLC

I honestly think that the team is going to feel like the fact that a character is represented in some way already is representing them in Smash, which is kinda an honor. Sure, we might not get Captain Toad, Ashley, and Waluigi in this Smash as playable, but they're immortalized in Nintendo's big crossover game in some way and that's already pretty good for them. Saying that they represented certain ATs and background characters in the way that they already did let's them easily move on to repping other games and series.

Want: 0%

Honestly, I don't want this. I think that even if my personal picks don't make it in as characters, I'll be happy to see that they're repped in some way. For me, selfishly, I have a lot more to lose if we get this, as most of the characters that I want haven't been disconfirmed (with Elma, Sora, and Rex and Pyra) and likely won't be, meaning that we might get some rando fan favorites, but they'll take away from my personal wants.

From a speculation end of things, if we get a disconfirmed character revealed as playable, speculation will be wild and there will be chaos. Sure, people will always think that Waluigi has a chance, but I'd enjoy DLC speculation much more if there was a slightly smaller pool of characters that people can actively discuss rather than rabid Waluigi, Captain Toad, or whatever fans insisting that every character already an AT could get in the game.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Deconfirmed characters as DLC -

Chance - 5%

We have never seen an assist trophy or stage hazard evolve into a playable character within the same game. Granted we've only had Wii U/3DS to base it on but I just can't see it happening unfortunately because....

Want- 85%

I want to see Waluigi, Krystal, and Captain Toad become playable characters. Lyn, Ashley, Samurai Goroh, an Tingle/Midna would be cool additions but I personally don't want them as much as the first 3 I listed.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
DISCONFIRMED CHARACTERS AS DLC

I have to abstain for both chance and want here, but for completely different reasons. First off, if they end up as an assist trophy, 100% chance they don't come back as a playable fighter, just going to leave that here for now. Yet, if Tails appears in the background of Green Hills Zone in the main game, I wouldn't completely remove him from the running of chance. There are multiple levels of disconfirmation, resulting in many tiers of likelihood that a disconfirmed character will return. Usually, the chances are slim, and those chances are non-existent if they are an assist trophy or pokeball pokemon. Turning an assist trophy into a fighter within the same game is unprecedented, and such change is never occurs; in Smash Bros and in like-games. However, a character only appearing in a stage background can more easily be edited out and added back in as a DLC fighter. Originally, I was going to completely abstain, but now I'm going to go out on a limb and give Disconfirmed Characters as DLC a chance rating...

Chance: 0%

I'm falling back on the literal definition of "disconfirmed"; I'd advise that this be the method taken.

Noms: [Concept]: Any Minecraft Representation x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Disconfirmed Character as DLC

Chance - 0.5% - I can only see a background character getting in via this. I don't think Pokeballs or Assist trophies will get in; their models are typically of lower quality to make models that won't strain resources or the system. They would have to work from the ground up to make the character, and I doubt they would take something away from gameplay. Even then, I struggle to see that happening.

Want - 50% - Mostly comes down to who gets chosen. While there are some characters I might be interested in, ultimately I feel this is a bit too broad to give an accurate mode towards.

Nominations

Reiumu Hakurei X5

D

Deleted member

Disconfirmed Characters as DLC

Chance: 1%

Stage hazards and Assist Trophies, I don't see happening. And I'm not counting stage background props like Tails, Silver, and Captain Toad as disconfirmed, since I'm sure those can easily be Alfonzo'd out.

I'm the owner of the Zero support thread. Toad, Waluigi, Ghirahim, Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Riki, Takamaru, Knuckles, Alucard, and others would be cool, too.

Nominaton: Metroidvania-Style Adventure Mode x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Disconfirmed Characters as DLC

It's very clear that the developers see assist trophies as an acceptable alternate to being playable characters. DLC will likely be third parties or blatant advertisements meant to shill a new game.
There a far too many worthy characters who are relegated to a worthless item. My personal favorite is Ashley but I'd also like to see Waluigi, Bomberman, and Zero become playable as well.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Deconfirmed character as DLC:
and/or
is one of the last true Nintendo All Stars outside Dixie and Bandana Waddle Dee not in the game, plus the character I've wanted for nearly twenty ****ing years. He's been the protagonist of his own games, like a bunch of the Ultimate newcomers he's had his own Mii costume in Sm4sh which means he was probably highly voted for, he's been playable in the Mario platformers more than anyone who isn't Mario or Luigi, he's officially the player four character of the worlds leading video game, appears on tons of Nintendo merchandise, is the face of the Nintendo mobile app, and is the most glaring omission left to date(with possibly the exception of Dixie). Put him in already. Those who don't like him can punch him in the face, I don't care.
I've already made by support for Captain Toad clear, but your last line really spoke to me. I feel like when it comes to Toad, everyone who is not a supporter of him is against his inclusion more so than with other fighters. I may not necessarily want Geno in the game but I would be happy for his fans if he got in. I feel like this is not the attitude most people have towards Toad, which I really don't get because of all the points you mentioned. He's a Nintendo icon, starred in his own game, and is basically on every piece of merchandise Mario is. I don't see how people can appose his inclusion. In general Toad gets way to much hate and is how underrated. Whenever people say Waluigi is the last member of Mario's main cast that needs to get in Smash, a little part of me dies inside with Toad being forgotten.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Disconfirmed Characters:

Chance: 0.5%

I would say 0% chance but Sakurai’s a madman and it’s always a possibility. This isn’t going to happen though. If a character was meant to be playable, they would have been in the game as such. I don’t see fan demand swaying Sakurai and team. For whatever reason it seems incredibly unlikely that they would alter their vision of their game because Waluigi’s fan base is vocal, for example. Not to mention that turning Assist Trophies into characters removes content from the game, which is not something I see them doing.

Edit: The other thing to consider is what of the people who didn’t buy the DLC? Does Waluigi just get removed from the pool of Assist Trophies in an update? That would literally just rob people who play with items of content. No way they’d ever do that.

Want: 20%

I’m mixed on whether I want this or not, but I’d be happy for fans of the characters. I’d probably root for Zero to become playable.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Disconfirmed Characters as DLC:

Chance: 40%

For the record, I'm mostly referring to Assist Trophies, but I feel similarly about background characters and whatnot, as well.

Until Sakurai comes out and makes a statement specifically about Assist Trophies being promoted via DLC, this issue feels like a coin toss. Of course, proponents of the against case will cite that ATs have never been promoted via DLC, but only one Smash game has even had DLC, and the DLC window was really limited. But this go-around, the game is on a successful console that is intended by Nintendo to have a long lifespan, and Ultimate will undoubtedly sell more copies than For. Nintendo's going to want to keep Smash alive for a while, and unlike with For, there are no veteran fighters to sell the consumer base.

To those who make the argument that the role of Assist Trophy is for characters that Sakurai and his team deem too low-priority, or simply can't realize as playable fighters, I know three playable characters who would beg to differ. If Sakurai and crew can promote ATs between games, why can't he sell the fans what they want through DLC? We're the people paying for DLC, after all, and fan-favorite/notable Nintendo characters are beginning to dwindle, beyond certain notable ATs and background characters, so sell us what we want. And speaking of which...

Yes, I absolutely, 100% want this to happen. In case you didn't notice from my old Ashley profile pic, or the Top 20 most-wanted list in my signature with Ashley in first place, I have a dog in this fight. I seriously can't think of anything that could make me happier than seeing Ashley make it in a Smash game this expansive. But there are plenty of other characters who deserve their time in the spotlight. Waluigi, Bomberman, Lyn, Krystal, Zero, Shovel Knight, Midna, Skull Kid, Isaac, Shadow, Knuckles, Captain Toad, and others that I'm probably blanking on are too significant and popular to merely be categorized with the likes of Color TV-Game 15 for eternity. They have fanbases who would absolutely pay for the opportunity to see their favorite character(s) get a shot at the spotlight.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Deconfirmed Character

Chance: 0
I'm not sure there are any real candidates for this outside of Waliuigi, and that's what makes me think its not going to happen. If they wanted any of these characters in they wouldn't be in the background, pokeballs, assist trophies, etc.

Want: 50:
I don't really care either way since there aren't really any characters who have been deconfirmed that I'd really like to see in the game outside of Waluigi. I wouldn't mind seeing it but it wouldn't bother me if all the deconfirmed characters remained deconfirmed

Noms
Joker x 3
Blog theory x2

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
De-confirmed characters as DLC:
Chance: 5%-I'll be sincere, is there any good reason for Sakurai to change a character's status in the same game? What about the current ATs, what are they going to do if they'll turn them into characters, put them in a Black Manta situation where both co-exist ? Not to mention, there's far more than enough room for brand-new fighters unrelated to the ones that have been de-confirmed so far. Oh, and Waluigi controversy too, feeling very sure when I say Sakurai ain't listening to that.
Want: 90%-HOWEVER, I'd pay to have Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Zero and Alucard as playable, even if they cost 10 bucks each. I mean, just look at 'em, they're perfect fits for the all-star battle. I can even think of them all going in a bundle. And speaking of...

Nominations: DLC character pass x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For what it’s worth, if an Assist Trophy or Pokeball becomes DLC, their support version can just be preceded by a character like Doopliss or Ditto turning into them. That way, no assistant has to be removed from play.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chance: 50%
I think there's a non-zero shot we get Waluigi DLC seeing as Sakurai is now aware of the demand. That's just one example. Who knows who else may follow suit? Lyn? Skull Kid? "Assists can't be DLC" has always just been a dumb fan theory.

Waa.

Merric x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Deconfirmed DLC

Chance: 30%

It's feasibly possible, but I've always seen things like assist trophies and Poké Balls as Sakurai saying no, at least not right now. Obviously several characters have gotten the promotion in later games, but DLC is a weirder case. Background characters feel a little more likely to me, but personally I'm not sure there's anyone there Sakurai will want to promote soon. I dunno, I actually don't think we're running out of feasible newcomers quite yet and I'm expecting most (if not all) DLC newcomers to be kind of like last time, so I'm just skeptical of this. There's a good amount of popular and notable characters that fit this, though, and it's certainly not impossible to change things to have someone promoted if needed. And plenty of fan beliefs have been broken before.

Want: ABSTAIN

This is too hard for me to give a good ranking to at the moment. The only ones I really wanted that I've lost are Meowth, who never had a shot anyway, and Bomberman, who I don't actually think will get picked if this happens. There are still some other characters that I also would be down for, as well some others that I'd be happy for the fans but otherwise don't care much about, and still others I'm pretty neutral to. It really depends on what gets picked, and until I see the full list of causalities, I can't give this a proper number.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Amaterasu

Chance: 3%
With Ken all but confirmed Capcom has enough reps at the moment. Even if we were to get another Capcom rep, Amaterasu would have to compete with Phoenix Wright who is more popular and has a stronger history with Nintendo.

Want: Abstain
I could never get into Okami so I won't comment (played a bit of it on the PS3 but couldn't get past the monotonous intro).

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Doggo
Want: 75%

Amaterasu is an interesting character with a unique mechanic, but sadly she will probably not make it in. The reason is that Capcom already has 2 characters in the game, and will most likely be getting a third character in the form of an echo character in Ken. Amaterasu has a ton of potential to be a very creative and fun character so I'm putting her want score pretty high.

Xurkitree x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Amaterasu
Chance: 0.5%
Us getting another original isn't the likeliest thing at the moment. Even if we do, there are numerous Capcom characters from far more succesfull franchises. Leon, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright and Dante only to name a few.

Want: ABSTAIN

The Prince x5

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Amaterasu:

Chance - 5%

Yes their are fans but the only likely Capcom fighter as of now is Ken as an echo. Also it must be said that there is much more popular and requested characters such as Monster Hunter, Dante and Phoenix Wright.

Want - Abstain

I haven't played the game Okami so I don't have an opinion. Must say, the art style is interesting and I wouldn't object to the character.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Amaterasu:

Chance: 5%

Pros:
Besides Duck Hunt Duo and Ivysaur (who isn´t even his own fighter) she would be the only other quadruped fighter. This + the very unique art style and gameplay could in my opinion definitely make for a very new and interesting moveset. Okami also recently got a Switch HD Port (9th of August 2018), though I think that´s too late to add any chance for the Base Roster, but maybe for DLC. I also remember seeing Amaterasu on a few rankings, fan polls etc, even back in the Ballot time, so there should be at least some support on the Ballot.

Cons:
The biggest problem I see is Capcom. While I don´t think there is a max number of Fighters a third-party company can have in Smash, I don´t think Sakurai will add more than 3 or at best 4 from a single company. It wouldn´t feel right, it´s still supposed to be a Nintendo All Stars game after all and it would also be weird imo, if one company has 4+ Characters and another only 1 or 2. Especially if Bandai Namco, who helped with Smash 4 (don´t know if for Ultimate too) development, have far less Characters than other third parties. And well, Capcom already has 2, with Ken being as confirmed as you can be at this point without being actually confirmed. And even after Ken there is still a lot of big competition for the Base Roster and/or DLC. There are still Dante (with a new game coming soon), Morrigan, maybe Chun-Li, a Mega Man Echo, a Resident Evil Rep, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins), Monster Hunter/Felyne/Palico etc. From all third-party franchises represented in Smash, I would say Capcom still has the hardest competition. Especially for possible DLC I could see a Monster Hunter Rep or Dante both with higher Chances than Amaterasu imo.
Furthermore Okami first released on the Playstation2 and on more Sony consoled than Nintendo, and at the time of Smash Ultimates development there was barely any recent connection to Nintendo (never released on the Wii U, even though that would have been a perfect console).

Want: 90%

I like Amaterasu´s design, art style and gameplay. As mentioned she definitely could have a very unique and interesting moveset and would be one of only 3 quadrupeds (if I am not mistaken). Also, I like reading about mythology and I love dogs, wolves and similar. Though she isn´t my number 1 Capcom Newcomer, that goes to Monster Hunter/Palico, and also not my number 1 quadruped/wolf, that goes to Lycanroc.

Nomination:

3x Slime (DQ)
2x Fjorm (she should be at a save second place by now and I might actually won´t finish the text in time if she takes first place ^^")

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Never touched the Okami series so I'm abstaining on Amaterasu.

Black Knight as a boss character x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No More Stages x258
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x255
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x232
Linkle x227
Louie x200
Rick/Coo/Kine x197
DeMille x193

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x190
Reimu Hakurei x185
Papyrus x180
Dovahkiin x175
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Susie Haltmann x139
Kyo Kusanagi x135
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Edelgard x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Black Knight as a boss character x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x111
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x105
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Sans as a boss character x87
Silvally x84
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x83
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
The Prince (Katamari) x70
9-Volt x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Concept: Cross series Echoes x65
Rhythm Girl x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Merric (Fire Emblem) x50
Earthworm Jim x49
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
[Rerate] Steve? x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Adeleine x39
Saki Amamiya x37
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Stage: Melemele Island x35
Concept: DLC character pass x35
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x35
Box Theory x29
Quote x28
Joker (Persona) x28
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25
[Rerate] Sora x25

Under 25

Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sub-Zero x17
[Rerate] Gengar x16
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Blog Theory x15
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x14
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Conker x10
Stage: Yoshi’s Crafted World x10
[Rerate] Porky Minch x9
Concept: Unique puzzle game rep x9
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Concept: Danganronpa music x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
Erdrick x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
[Rerate] Ninten x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Goomba x1

Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode passes Linkle, becomes third place.

Today’s new nominees are Erdrick (5 noms) and a rerate of Ninten (3 noms).

Amaterasu:

Chance - 5%

Yes their are fans but the only likely Capcom fighter as of now is Ken as an echo. Also it must be said that there is much more popular and requested characters such as Monster Hunter, Dante and Phoenix Wright.

Want - Abstain

I haven't played the game Okami so I don't have an opinion. Must say, the art style is interesting and I wouldn't object to the character.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5
I’ve seen much more demand for Amaterasu than for Dante or Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Good girl

Chance: 7% Counting DLC
Not great. Capcom will get Ken most likely, and Phoenix Wright is more popular, more demanded, and more successful. I don’t really see any company getting so many characters.

Want: 75%
I love Okami and I love Amaterasu. But I think third party characters should be iconic, so I lowered the score a bunch.

Nominations: Saki AmamiyaX5

Ray prediction: 9%

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Ammy and Issun aren't having the best day.

Chance: 15%. I mean, if you're original you're probably not happening for a while, or at least until DLC.

Want: 65%. Her game is freaking awesome and I demand everybody in this thread who hasn't experienced Okami to do so right now.

Noms: Unique Puzzle Game rep x 1, Gooey x 2, Steve x 2

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Amaterasu want: 1% (11-10*)

Her design is great. She has interesting moves with those orb things. You can already play as her in MvC if you want, though.

Nominations:

Merric x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’ve seen much more demand for Amaterasu than for Dante or Monster Hunter.
You're right. In a recent poll made on the Smash subreddit, Amaterasu finished in 9th, higher than even Bandanna Waddle Dee. And, if a character outranks BWD, they've got to be really popular.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Amaterasu

Chance and Want: ABSTAINED

Nominate Concept: Yoshi's Crafted World Stage x5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Chance: 15%, and that's being generous
Okami certainly has seen a lot of exposure over the years, with its rereleases on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, XBox One, PC and, of course, Switch. Not to mention, the DS-exclusive sequel Okamiden. However, I still think that it's a high-profile series for Capcom by any stretch of the definition. The only way Ammy could be getting in is through Ballot support, and I can imagine that she didn't do that well for that. I mean, admittedly, she did decently well in some fan polls and the like, but there's also a silent majority to consider there, which didn't talk about their votes anywhere online, or participated in any fan-polls.

Okami is one of my all-time favourite video games, and I've been messing around with ideas on a potential moveset ever since Brawl modding became widespread around 2009. Any chance to get her into a Smash game "for realsies" is something that I'd immediatly jump on. Especially since she'd be extremely unique in terms of her moveset.

Top Bottom