• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Realistic Tink

Chance: 0.01%. Only chance is if they did some sort of "Smash Bros. All-Stars," where every single veteran from the series is included – which I don't reckon is very likely, especially since Snake is one of those veterans.

Want: 0%. I like Toon Link, and don't care at all for Young Link, so for my own selfish purposes he's pretty much entirely a negative (since he's competition for Tink). And he doesn't offer much on his own merit either that I'd be excited for, so.

Pichu

Chance: 5%. Pichu is more popular than Young Link at least, and there's also no "Toon Pikachu" equivalent.

Want: 51%. I'd quite like Pichu tbh, a self-damaging glass cannon joke character sounds awesome in my book. (Also, just noticed that this round basically consisted of clones of each of my Smash 4 mains...! Neat.)

Crash Prediction: 30%. N-Sane Trilogy and all that.

Nominations: Blue Bowser x5

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Pichu
Chance: 5%

I mean if we're being generous, he is a Smash veteran whose niche isn't so thoroughly occupied he'd have absolutely no reason to exist. If they're feeling like padding the roster I could see them throw Pichu back in mostly because I can't imagine he's too resource intensive, and some people do like the thing because its cute. This is all pretty flimsy though, given Dr. Mario and Roy made it back in but Pichu never did in Smash 4, so the rat's almost certainly gone for good.

Want: 0%
Pichu's set in Melee was kind of hilariously bad and if they go the low effort route we might very well get that again. Even ignoring that, I'm not interested in another Pokemon rep in general and Pichu is one of the worst realistic choices for one on account of both being really boring and a likely clone.

Young Link
Chance: 0%
Toon Link occupies his niche and is almost certainly here to say, and I don't care if he's low effort, I think even Sakurai knows 3 Links is just insanity. Regardless of Ocarina's classic and Majora's Mask's cult classic status they're not getting any more recent either, so Nintendo has less and less reason to bring him back as Young Link continues to not appear in new games.

Want: 5%
Frankly I have no interest in Young Link at face value, but him being in the game might ever help Skull Kid into Smash 6 if we really stretch, and that'd be pretty great. Also I prefer him slightly to Toon Link, not out of a particular dislike of the cell-shaded Zelda games or anything I just slightly prefer the more realistic style, and if he was in he'd be replacing Toon Link so I'll take it. Still the possibility that if he's added, there's 3 Links and 2 smaller, worse Links running around is enough to wipe away almost all of the goodwill I have towards him.

Nominations:
Dark Samus x 5

Smady

Smash Master
Pichu
Chance
: 1%

Young Link
Chance:
1%

I'll throw in a token 5% want for Young Link based on FA's logic that this might help out Skull Kid for Smash 6. That's some very imaginative predicting but is what it takes for me to have any want for these two clones. Pichu however is absolutely unappealing to me as he's another joke Pokemon alongside Jigglypuff and a design I don't like. These would both only get in because Sakurai is adding in literally all veterans.

Dark Samus x4
Fawful x1

andimidna

Smash Master
Rip no extra noms

Pichu:
Only has a shot of this is marketed as the ultimate smash with all content from all the games, and it doesn’t necessarily need Pichu to be marketed this way. I explained on a different day why this strategy would be inferior to marketing as a new game anyways.
Chance: 1%
Go ahead and make an alt if you want.

Young Link:
That, plus the possibility of using all the masks and being a new moveset from MM, but the MM remake was awhile ago and he wasn’t prominent in HW, just being DLC I think?
Chance: 1.5%
Skull Kid is the more interesting and requested MM character, and for Zelda there’s much more to consider

Crash Prediction: 38%

X5 Midna

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Pichu

Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all considered for Brawl and ultimately returned in 4. Young Link was pretty much swapped out for Toon Link. Pichu is the only Melee cut who does not appear to have ever been seriously planned for a return appearance, and he was never that popular or wanted back.

Want: 20%

He was my very least favorite fighter in Melee and I don't think he's needed anymore. Would only really want him for a Smash reunion of everyone except the below, which would be a little interesting, but only if literally everyone else returns too. He's the last one I would bring back.

Young Link

Chance: 0.5%

:4tlink:

I don't think Masked Link or whatever has much of a shot either but I personally consider that different enough to rate it separately, and as for the Young Link from Melee returning...

:4tlink:

The only veteran that I personally don't think has any reason to ever make a reappearance. I liked him, but Toon Link makes him completely unnecessary, and I prefer Toon anyway.

Crash Bandicoot prediction: 30.47%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Any reason not to let Celica have a double day with her co-protag and direct rival for getting in, Alm? :) Alm only has 5 nominations from a long time ago so nobody should feel shafted. I know you said you wanted to do more so this is a good opportunity.

Other good ones coming up that could generate lots of debate would be Eggman + Shadow (since Tails and Knuckles are nowhere close to the top), Doomguy + Dragonborn, and Shovel Knight + Quote

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances - Young Link: 0%

As a character, Young Link is not Toon Link. However, Toon Link inherited basically all of the miniscle gameplay concepts Young Link even had in the first place, while being more recent and unique in visuals and representing more games than Young Link. The only way Young Link would get in is if he had a totally different moveset more ala Masked Link, but at that point he really isn't even the Young Link we're really talking about here. The moveset is the real killer here as I do not feel that Sakurai would be compelled to add a 3rd Link clone and would look elsewhere for cloning (Daisy, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, etc). Even the most optimistic shouldn't be giving this more than 10%.

Chances - Pichu: 11%

Pichu is a total joke basically, the self-damage mechanic could be made well but in Melee it is just a terrible meme. I don't think anyone really wants Pichu back. I give him a 11%, though, because he is a vet and a clone, which means I could see a Dr. Mario situation where they're throwing in clones who don't tax their resources a lot and decide to toss in Pichu because of being an easy to make Pikachu clone. I don't see many other options for Pichu, though.

Want - Young Link: 0%

Young Link was actually my Melee secondary with Roy being my main. There's no reason to have him around with Toon Link around unless he gets a new set, and honest when The Legend of Zelda has SOOOOOOO many other characters who would be fun to have in, Young Link would be quite a disappointment.

Want - Pichu: 15%

If they did some fun stuff with his self-damage, Pichu could have a good set. Has any reason to be played if the self-damage doesn't exist on the flipside as well. Higher than Squirtle.

Prediction

Cresh: 56.7%

Nomination

Takumi (FE Fates) x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Chance for both 1%
Veterans very few people care about. Pichu was a joke and Young Link was usurped by Toon Link
Want
Pichu 10%
In a situation where every veteran comes back it would be cool but otherwise no thanks
Young Link 60%
The hero of time is my favourite incarnation of the hero and Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game. I love his design and I love that the youngest Link is the most powerful. Also he is really cute in Hyrule Warriors.

Prediction
Crash 46,%

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x4
Skull Kid x1

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anything new to add to the chances, so no comments on those today.

Pichu

Chance- 2%
Want- 50%

Some men just want to watch the world burn. I loved trolling my friends with Pichu in Melee. Pichu is also cute, and Gen 2 will always be my favorite.

... But it's also kind of a terrible idea, so I can't go all the way.

Young Link
Chance- 1%
Want- 4%

No entertainment value here, so I'll have to play this one straight. I love Majora's Mask, but keeping Tink makes more sense.

Crash Predictions- 39%

Nominations:
Andy x2
Dillon x2
Ashley x1

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Front page nominations have at least one error: Dark Samus x 16 is on Philosophic Animal's list, but the main noms list has x13. It appears ForwardArrow's Dark Samus x3 nomfrom yesterday did not go through?

EDIT: For some reason SWF tripled this post?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Pichu want: 0%

Young Link want: 0%*

Nominations:

Masked Link x5

* Indicates percentage would be higher if not for potentially taking a character slot away from most wanted characters

Last edited:

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Young Link

Chance: 2%
Want: 1%

Toon Link basically replaced him, there's no point bringing Young Link back unless he's an alternate skin for Toon or something.

Pichu

Pichu was a gimmick clone character and since he didn't make it back in either Brawl or 4, I doubt he will this time around.

Though you know, I kinda want him back just for ****s and giggles

Nomination:

Doomguy x5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Pichu/Young Link:
The only way I see either of these guys is if they bring back the entire melee roster. Unlikely but not impossible.

Want: 20% Toon Link, 85% Pichu
I'm not especially fond of Young Link, but Pichu in 8 player smash would be hilarious.

Predicting Crash at 27%
Nominating Phoenix Wright x2
Labo rep x2
Chibi-Robo x1

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Pichu:

Pichu has an abysmal shot at returning to Smash. It has virtually no relevancy or popularity to bolster its chances, and it would likely never be considered a viable addition to any Smash game if not for its veteran status. Realistically, Pichu could only show up as a last-minute clone to pad the roster.

Want: 30%
I'd like to see my Melee main make another appearance, but there are many other characters I would better like to see in Smash. Pichu's inclusion would be more of a bonus than a selling point.

Young Link:

Chance: 0.0001%
Toon Link has supplanted Young Link in the Smash Bros. series, as the former Link represents a larger portion of LoZ titles while still filling the "child Link" slot Sakurai apparently deems necessary in Smash. Young Link technically has some minute chance of appearing in Smash 5, but it's safe to say that he won't return.

Want: 13%
I am slightly interested by the idea of Young Link receiving a new moveset inspired by Majora's Mask; otherwise, I would have no interest in the character's inclusion.

Nominations:
Ganon x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pichu

Things aren't looking good for him. He wasn't planned for Brawl, is rather unpopular for a veteran, and is not very relevant right now. He is one of the generation 2's biggest stars, and he did have some prominence as both the Spiky-Eared Pichu and the Pikachu-colored Pichu during Heartgold/Soulsilver era of generation 4, but beyond, I don't think both these factors will bring him back to the roster unless he got some major surge of relevancy that could boost his popularity, but I'm doubtful at the moment.

Fun fact: Pichu was my Melee main when I was young. Even if he was a complete joke character, I still used him because I found him adorable. I moved on and found a different main over the years when I replayed Melee, but lately, I found myself playing Pichu again and still enjoying using him... even if he is a joke character. At this point, I think Pichu is pretty much my Melee again.

Despite that, I'm honestly not that invested in seeing him in Smash. I've got a number of Pokemon that I'd rather see over Pichu. If Pichu does return, I'll be pleasantly be surprised, but if not, I wouldn't care all that much.

------

Young Link

I think what prevents his chance from being 0% is that he does have some relevancy lately thanks to the Majora's Mask remake. Other than that, I'm very doubtful he'll come back. Toon Link is pretty much his replacement, and like Pichu, he isn't that popular of a veteran to warrant a return.

Want: 10%

Maybe a new moveset revolving around the masks would be cool to see, but beyond that, I'm not interested.

------

Predictions

Crash (Crash Bandicoot): 42.68%

Those recent years have been pretty good to him. I feel like he'll be one of the higher scoring third parties that we'll be rating.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd honestly love the troll if Sakurai reveals Pichu before E3 as a means to get people "hype" and then we see Decidueye/Mewtwo or whomever as the true hype reveal towards the end

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Pichu

Chance: 10%
Want: 50%

I think there’s a very small chance he could come back, since he’s the last missing Melee cut I believe. However there isn’t a big push for him so I really doubt it. I’m not that picky on him because I liked him in Melee.

Y. Link

Don’t get me wrong I like him and his games but unlike Pichu he’s not really missing nor is he a different character, well he is but that’s another story. Toon Link is his modern design so I think he isn’t missing, he just looks different now. I’m not sure it would work 100% but it would be pretty cool to have him as an alt instead of a separate character.

Waluigi x4
Kamek x1

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Pichu
Not relevant, or a Melee dearie like Roy and Dr. Mario.

Well I didn't enjoy playing as him in Melee, I don't care too much for him in the general Pokemon games.

Young Link:
Toon Link is his successor, no chance for a return at all.

Want: 70%
Only for a moveset related to Majora's Mask, but well that is what Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is for.

NOOOOO, we'll take that back mark my words!!!
Bring it on, bring it on! Celica will be victorious!

x5 Celica

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pichu

With his massive hatedom and lack of Gen 2 relevance, Pichu is dead in the water.

Want: 85%

I'd want him back. He was my Melee main and I don't mind the self harm mechanics.

Young Link

His time had long passed and he is deemed the least wanted clones of the two Melee cuts.

Unless there are masks, I'd take Toon Link as the token Link clone any day.

Crash prediction: 34%

Nominations: Tsubasa Oribe x5

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Pichu
Unless Sakurai likes to troll, it won't happen

I dunno, it would be kinda funny getting Pichu back as a total meme character. Obvioulsy there's plenty of Pokemon i'd rather though

Young Link
Toon Link is Young Link but updated, deal with it

Want: 1%
Literally pointless unless he's changed to the point where he's basically an entirely new character

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Pichu
Young Link

Crash Prediction: 40.11%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pichu: 8%
Want: 60% It would be fun to see him back, but only if they don't further Pichu's moveset from melee any further. I want as low time spent on pichu as possible while still making it look presentable.

Young Link: 2%
Want 10%

Crash Prediction: 34.7%

Noms:
Rick the Hamster x4
Snip & Clip x1

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Melee's last cuts

Pichu
Chance:1%
Not happening unless all vets are back(and Snake so...)
Want:20% Eh, not needed, kind of a stupid addition imo.

Young Link
Chance0.5%
Toon Link makes it nearly impossible, but 0% is ONLY if deconfirmed, so he gets a very tiny chance.

Want:10% same as Pichu but Toon Link hurts as well

Nominations:Concept:Mother newcomer x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Pichu
Chance: 5% - If Sakurai and staff have time on their hands for a lot of last minute clones I can sort of see this happening. That being said, Pokémon Company has pretty much given up on promoting Pichu as a mascot.
Want: 40%

Young Link
Chance: 0% - Not long after finding his body, witnesses say they saw Toon Link sneaking away from the crime scene holding a knife.

Crash prediction: 48%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pichu

There are already a lot of Pokemon on the current roster with another potentially joining the new roster in the Switch iteration of Smash. Even if Pichu is a simple clone that could be added toward the end of development, I just find it hard to picture that Pichu will be even that much of a priority to Sakurai.

Want: 60%
I played Pichu a lot in Melee when I was young because he was adorable. Now I'd like him to come back because it would be fun to be able to beat my friends with the character that has one of the worst gimmicks on the roster, but I'm not going to be upset at all if he doesn't return.

Young Link

I'm not the first in this thread to point out that Toon Link basically took over for Young Link. They both represent a portion of the Zelda franchise, but Toon Link just does it better by representing all of the old Zelda games as well as most of the handheld games with his alternate costumes. I don't think Sakurai is going to prioritize Young Link when there could be other clones to prioritize, and if he were to put another Link on the roster and give him his own moveset we have Champion Link for that.

Want: 3%
I already main Toon Link, and I don't really see a need for me to want Young Link back on the roster. I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but Toon Link will always be my favorite incarnation of Link.

Prediction
Crash: 32.2%

Nominations
Concept: Zelda Newcomer x 5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
OK, first, I wish to apologize for lagging behind so much on posting the scores. I had two exams I needed to study for, whcih I feel I might have done poorly on. As a result, for tomorrow everyone will get an additional 5 noms since I am in a rush. As such, I apologize in advance. Will tag day 19s winners with day 20s winners

Daisy
15.04% Chance
29.94% Want

Paper Mario
32.74% Chance
44.51% Want

So that was a day. Lots of mean words thrown around on many sides. While both characters have dedicated fans, for various reasons they are not that popular. Wonder how waluigi would do in comparison.

Now back to your regularly scheduled stuff.

Pichu and Young Link
Pichu 15% Chance
Young Link 10% Chance
Both 100% Want

TDLR Both could get in due to vet and potential last minute semi clone, YL is harder due to probably needing to do more to differentiate him from TL. Could be cool, but I am not the most optimistic. As for want, they are vets. Look at what I have been nominating the entire time.

Nominating No Cuts X 5

DAY OVER, I AM BACK

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Pichu
I don't think it's impossible since clones are easy to make, but I really doubt it.

Want: 35%
I mean...why not? An easy clone, though not a character I care about.

Young Link
Young Link got cut in the same way OoT Link got cut.

Nominate 2B x5

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pichu

Meh, don't care much about Pichu, so I wouldn't care much if he was in or not in Smash 5.

Young Link:

We already have Toon Link, but I'd welcome a returning Toon Link if he were to be in Smash 5. I probably wouldn't use him that much, but then again, I don't use Toon Link much either.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Hopefully I'm not late.
:pichumelee:
Will probably only be brought back if Sakurai wants to meme on us.
And I'd be okay with that.
:younglinkmelee:
We already have 2 Links.
I know I've said "bring back all the vets", but this one can stay left behind.

Crash prediction 22%
Noms: Mike Jones x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Pichu
Chance: 3% -
His popularity is the only thing going for him. We have 6 Pokemon already and the most likely 7th I still think is Decidueye, veteran status be damned.
Want: 0% - Why?

Young Link
Chance: 1% -
Toon Link exists.
Want: 0% - Toon Link exists.

Predictions: Crash
Chance: 28.95%
Want: 87.21%

Nominations:

Sora x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
:pichumelee:
Things are really hard for this one. But being a clone is still a good thing (easier implementation)
also I don't think he shloud be a alt. costume because of two things:
1- Body proportions (his tail is smaller, he is smaller ans his head is huge)
2- Dr. Mario was not a Mario alt. costume. I don't think this will happen here too

Want: 90%
I love my Pi Pi Pi Chu

:younglinkmelee:
Read above :pichumelee:. The reasons are the same

Want: 70%
I like him

Nominations: Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Pichu
6.15% Chance
30.06% Want

Young Link
4.83% Chance
17.02% Want

OUCH. Lowest scores yet

Today we are rating Crash, please predict him in chance and want. Also Please predict lyndis in chance.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Crash

Chance: 40%

He's an iconic character in Video Games and is one of the few western characters that's popular in Japan. Albeit he's 3rd party so anything can happen.

Prediction

Lyndis: 27.65%

Nominate Lucas x10

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Crash Bandicoot
Chance: 50%
It makes perfect sense, Snake was in Brawl, Cloud was in Smash 4, the only logical next step is Crash bering in Smash 5.
Want: 100%
I love the Crash series (well, most of it), and playing as the main character in smash sounds awesome.

Lyn prediction: 45%
Noms: Mike Jones x10

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Crash Bandicoot!

Chance: 30%

Eh.... Well, he's kinda in a interesting position... putting him in the game would have a similar effect to putting Snake or Cloud in Smash Bros... so yeah, he is iconic and has that kind of power to generate hype... and I can at least assure he is actually popular even in the East.

Want: 80%

CRASH BANDICOOOT!

Okay, I like this guy's games; and it's part of my childhood, so yeah, I would like to see him.

Prediction time!

Lyndis: 21.4% (I'm expecting interesting scores and opinions tomorrow)

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x7
Celica (Fire Emblem) x3

Last edited:

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Crash chance: 50%

Iconic, relevant, and fitting to a tee, he has a pretty good shot as far as 3rd parties go. Smash 4 covered a good chunk of the globally popular behemoths like Final Fantasy and Street Fighter, so for this game you have to think what else is left. Crash Bandicoot remains as one of those big series, and it even has the advantage of having a cartoony aesthetic. Plus, it's had a fair amount of games on Nintendo consoles. Still, 3rd party is 3rd party, so I can't call him a shoo-in.

Crash want: 80%

Although I've never played a Crash game, just his appearance makes me want him, and the fact that it would make a lot of people happy would make me happy.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey TCT, IDK if you saw my post before, but Dark Samus is missing 3 noms on the nom list.
When the noms list is updated next it will be fixed.

Speaking of Noms, remember today since i ****ed up yesterday everyone today gets 5 extra noms.

@Organization XIII gets 5 extra noms for Daisy
@MasterWarlord gets 5 extra noms for Paper Mario
@ProfPeanut gets noms for Pichu
Smasher 101 Smasher 101 cut down so many people predicting 5%, and gets 5 extra noms

Top Bottom