• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Anna Chance: 10%
While most of her appearances were minor, as of late she's definitely been getting more noteworthy roles. Unfortunately, her biggest role so far (FE Heroes) might not be something Sakurai will look at for an FE newcomer.

Want: 50%
Normally I'm against FE characters, but this one is an exception. I can only think of four other exceptions really.

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 20%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Anna

Chance: 0.1%

I don't think we'll ever see a FE character in Smash that isn't an main lord. Not counting female Marth of course.

Also I feel like if she were to be included she'd be the least recognizable character on the roster. Anyone who hasn't touched a Fire Emblem would just go "lol who?"

Want: 0%

Once again, I don't think this franchise needs more representation, so please no more...

Predictions for Phoenix Wright: 15.73%

Nominations: Hades x5

D

Deleted member

"Open for business!"

Chance: 25%
Being more or less the Cid of Fire Emblem helps her, but FE fatigue.

Want: 10%
Bleh.
She's as appealing as Bandana Dee for me, the only difference being, again, FE fatigue.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Phoenix Wright prediction: 19.86%

Troykv

Smash Master
Anna

Well... She appears in every single game (but Gaiden and its remake) in the series... She is a set character in the franchises, but it's almost always (Heroes is the only excepction) an Easter Egg, a character that most of the time you'll not care about its existence because her job is just selling you rare stuff and/or being a Optional Character in Awakening's case.

Chance: 10%

She is known, but she doesn't look like the kind of a character would be selected for Smash... she is essencially a glorified easter egg turned into a character with a Mysterious Smile.

Want: 25%

Eh... I kind of like to see Anna being mysterious and a joke.... But she doesn't appeal me as playable character.

Prediction time!

Phoenix Wright: 20.1%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anna

We're already bloated with FE characters, so unless the next character is a FE16 promotional character (or to a much lesser extent, Celica), then I have my doubts.

I don't want Anna supporters to take this too personally, as I feel this way with most FE characters. FE has gotten it's fair share of attention, and honestly, the idea of any character from this series getting in Smash Switch is just incredibly underwhelming. I'd rather see newcomers for some of the other franchises that were neglected last time.

Nominations:
Mipha x3
Lycanroc x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Anna

Chance - 37.5% - Not to say that she's likely, but I do think several people are sleeping on her chances. Anna has more or less established herself as a mascot for the franchise at this point, only missing out on the remake of the only game she was absent in, and was playable in every other game besides. If Sakurai is forced/decides he wants another Fire Emblem character, but finds Echos and Fates unavailable, Anna is probably going to be chosen. Given her merchant status, she's quite likely to have some clever idea that makes her stand out. That said, Fire Emblem fatigue is settling in, and there is a chance she could be passed in favor of other characters.

Want - 85% - If I could cut several Fire Emblem characters and put her in instead, I would.

Prediciton

Phoenix Wright - 8.35% - Popular character, but doesn't scream fighter...

Nomination

Arle Najda X5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh dear....I'll have to prepare a lengthy post about Mr. Wright tomorrow. I already made a comprehensive special moveset about him in the support thread which I will share tomorrow.

Anna:

Chance: 3%
Prominent in her main series, but doesn't scream someone that Sakurai will pick for Fire Emblem. I don't expect a newcomer for FE in the base game.

Want: 5%
As previously stated, the Fire Emblem oversaturation is a killer to their chances. Like Chrom, she doesn't seem to have any interesting concepts to make me want her slightly more like Lyndis or Celica.

Phoenix prediction: 13.2%

Noms: Black Shadow x4, Sylux x1

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Anna:

I use to really want Anna, but I'm now in the boat where I'm not sure if I want to see another Fire Emblem character if all the veterans return. Anna would be towards the top of the list though as long as she would bring something unique from the series.

Nominations:
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x3
Snorlax x2

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Anna

Chance: 5%

Nothing new to add here. Fire Emblem is oversaturated, and a lot of the heroes are interchangeable anyway. I did see that interesting thread that suggested that we get a lot of FE characters as alts of one another, which could work.

She's been in a lot of games, but each as a fun little cameo or something about that. Finally made the jump, but now has been overshadowed by a bunch of new ones. I really can't see it.

Prediction for Phoenix: 19.2%, and at least three people will use the word "OBJECTION!" in their post. In red.
Nom: :150: x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Anna

Eh, even with her recurring status she's not extremely important in a lot of cases, and there are popular/recent main characters that are definitely more likely to be picked than someone like Anna.

Want: 60%

As I've said before I'm not necessarily against a new Fire Emblem character, and I think she would be a decent choice if there was one.

Phoenix Wright prediction: 14.57%

Nominations: Banjo & Kazooie x5

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
Chance: 3%

I could see her more as an assist trophy.

Want: 1%

Lots of Fire Emblem characters already, and I would prefer to see some characters that headline other games that aren't represented in smash yet.

Phoenix Wright prediction: %13.25

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Anna
Chance - 10%
Without knowing much about the Fire Emblem's upcoming game, I could see her getting in sense she has popped up a few times compared to others. But it's rather unlikely since Sakurai seemed a bit hesitant on Fire Emblem's rep jump in 4 with three newcomers and one returning cut veteran.
Want - 20%
Marth, Ike, and Robin would of been the right choices for Smash Four. For Switch, I kind of want them to dump Lucina and maybe Corrin in addition. (who probably shouldn't of been added) So it's hard for me to justify anyone who is not the upcoming and new lord when the series, out of all of the Nintendo series represented, is the one that sticks out for cuts. But she isn't a awful pick overall, just not at a good time in the slightest.

Nominations 5x Greninja

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anna

Chance: 2%
This would be a straight up zero had it not been for Heroes. Yeah, she's in 13/15 mainline titles, but in 11 of those 13 she's an NPC shopkeeper. Awakening and Fates, the two mainline games with a playable Anna, have her as an optional minor character and a DLC character, respectively. In Warriors, a spin off, she's a bonus clone character that isn't in the main storyline. Even when she's playable, she's not at all important.

Except in Heroes.

If any Anna gets in, it'll be Heroes Anna wielding her signature axe, Nóatún. That being said, even in Heroes she's seen a dip in importance as of Book II.

And even then I think it's much more likely to end up being Celica, Lyn, or an FE16 character (DLC for the latter), or even Fjorm as DLC if they go for a Heroes character.

Not even just because of me wanting a litany of Fire Emblem characters before her...I just honestly don't like Anna. She has a grating personality and is basically Rule 63 Mr. Krabs as of late. Warriors was the only game I found her tolerable in.

Predicting a 13% for Phoenix Wright.
Nominating Henry Fleming x5

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
She's in a lot of FE games and that's just about all she's got going for her

Want: 30%
Out of all the FE characters I'd want Anna the most since I love her mischievous grin and that she can be our axe fighter representative. However, there are already too many FE characters in the game to begin with, and I think if anything they need to cut FE characters first before thinking of adding anyone new.

Prediction: Phoenix Wright -
18.43% chance
36.32% want

Megaban

Smash Cadet
ANNA
Chance -15%

She's appeared in pretty much most of the FE games, so she's a fair contender. And since Awakening started being playable on various occasions, which helps her case. The biggest problem is Fire Emblem's curent roster. 6 characters (only 2 of them Lucina or Corrin might potentially go) still leaving us with at least4.And she was never a main character, which hurts her as well. But The fact we technically don't have a NEW main FE game (Echoes was a remake, keep that in mind) since Fates and I think it might be too late to introduce FE 2018/2019's main character in Vanilla Smash 5 actually means she has a bit more of a shot.

Want -82%
As much as FE has a LOT of characters already, they don't rep the variety of weapons well. We got Swords, magic, dragonstone... that's it. What about lances, axes, bows or staves? Anna technically has used all of them. Bow in Fates/Warriors, Axe in Heroes, Staves in Awakening/Fates and Lances as Merchant NPC in Awakening. So she could be kind of an amalgamate here. She could rep all of those 4 (in case of a staff could be something that doesn't heal like sleep or rescue for recovery). The only reason it doesn't top 90% is because... yes, she's FE.

Nomination: Lana x5

Prediction: Phoenix Wright -11%.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Anna
A certain ginger is the most likely FE newcomer and it is not Anna. She may have made an appearance in most games, but those are minor appearances that don't affect the plot at all.

Want: 25%
I like Anna, but I can name 10 FE characters I rather have as a newcomer.

Predictions:
Phoenix: 13.6%

x5 to Elma

andimidna

Smash Master
Finally, back to a character I actually know : )

Anna:
While I think she’s proven her worth and will continue being relevant, we haven’t seen this route be taken for a new character. I don’t think their first concern is “representation,” remotely. And while she can be seen as a series mascot, she still has a ton of competiton for a series that might not get a new character
Chance: 8%
Want: 99%
One of my favorites from the series. I picture her being Merchant Anna, with different weapons in her pack. Since she’s been shown as a Pegasus Knight, Trickster, Outlaw, and Axe Fighter, she could have different weapons from different games in the whole series for her attacks. It’d be like the ultimate Fire Emblem character

Phoenix prediction: 14.5%

x2 Tiki
x2 Veronica
x1 Style Savvy character

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Fire Emblem's Nurse Joy

While Anna is a recurring character, the problem with her is that she's usually been a minor one with little effect on the plot or even characters. Before Awakening, she was just a minor NPC that you saw in shops and tutorials, and with Awakening she was shoved off into a Paralogue that the player isn't required to do while in Fates she was DLC and thus someone the player didn't have to pick up. In all of those cases of being recurring, none of them allow her the chance to leave a strong impression on the player and thus she tends to fade into the background unless you try and dig deeper. Heroes is the only game where her role is actually substantial and would allow a majority of players to get to know and be endeared to her, but even then she's still plays second fiddle to some of the other main characters like Alfonse and Fjorm.

Her main selling point of being recurring matters little in the scheme of things when it doesn't make her notable enough, and her only other factor (Heroes) still leaves her in the shadows relative to other lords. In a series where multiple options always present themselves her merits do not win her enough favor, and compared to those other candidates, she has a difficult time standing out.

Want: 35%
I do like her in the Warriors supports and the non-Paralogue chapters of Heroes, but ultimately there are multiple FE characters that I'd prefer over her.

Nomination: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anna

A recurring character Anna may be, but most of her roles prior to Awakening were as a secret shopkeeper (you can play through a pre-Awakening FE game and never find Anna) and maybe some other minor roles outside of it. Awakening and onwards gave us a playable Anna in addition to her "Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny" sisters playing the role of secret shopkeeper. Of course Heroes gave her somewhat of a boost by making an Anna one of the main characters, but you can play through Heroes without ever actually using her (You may end up gimping yourself if a quest requires you to use Anna to fight a high level enemy, but there are ways around it).

If we humor the idea, what Anna would we get? Awakening Anna? Fates Anna? Warriors Anna? The latter is in a picky area since we don't how Smash would handle FE Warriors or Hyrule Warriors. If they put Anna in as shopkeeper for the in-game Smash shop, that be a neat callback to Anna's role in the FE games.

In terms of FE characters, others take priority over Anna.

Nominations
Concept: Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Anna chances: 2%
She kinda works as a series mascot, being promoted to a mere recurring character to a more noticeable one in recent Fire Emblem games, but works more like a recurring easter egg than anything else; in fact she even struggles at filling the "FE mascot" niche because Marth is the true face of the franchise. Also all FE characters we have had at this point were main characters of their respective games, and she isn't of that caliber.

Anna want: 0%
At some prior to Robin's reveal I considered her as the potential Fire Emblem newcomer due to being the only true reoccuring character in the series, but it didn't last long before I stopped seeing her as a serious candidate due to feeling like a minor character and not being really convinced about her potential as an interesting fighter. She's pretty close to having no compelling characteristic that would make me interested in her as a Smash candidate. I'd gladly take her as an Assist Trophy, if anything.

Phoenix Wright prediction: 18.32%

Nominating:
Concept: DLC veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5
Edit: fixed, obvious meant "veteran" not "DLC"

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
and was playable in every other game besides.
This is incorrect. She's only playable in Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and Warriors.
Even though she does appear in every other Fire Emblem game, she is regulated to operating the Secret Shops most of the time. Nothing more, nothing less.

53-E14P36.png

I'll post my scores in a bit.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Anna

Nyo lord or a Robin, but is a character who manages to keep nyappearing in multiple FE games nya, problem is though, she's a minor character nyaa. Plus she has competition from other, more likely and far more popular FE characters nyaaa.

Want: 75%
I like her nya, she's mischievous and greedy, which I can like nyalot in a character nyaa. Plus she can use other weapons, maybe she could even toss stacks of cash at opponents nyaaa :nifty:

Nyomintations
Isabelle: x5

Last edited:
Anna is proof that it isnt the AMOUNT of appearances that matter. It's the importance. It doesn't matter if you are in every game if most of those appearances dont mean much.

Anna has been on an upswing though. Awakening and Fates and Warriors made her playable for the first time. Heroes has her as one of the main characters even and that's one of Ninty's biggest games right now lol. However, in the end she is still basically a side character with nothing particularly special to her name. She has no super special awesome weapon like the Sword of Seals, or a power like Corrin's dragonstone. She is just. . .there. If she keeps moving up in the world maybe she will have a chance some day. But for as long as main characters are in her way she will always be a few steps behind.

Dont personally care for her myself. Never really saw the hype.

Noms Elma x5
:061:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Anna
Chance: 20%
Not only is she a Fure Emblem character, she's a RECURRING Fire Emblem character! She wasn't in FE15 though, so that might be a problem.
At least she doesn't use a sword.

Phoenix Wright prediction: 15%
Noms: Mike Jones xOnly 5, apparently

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Anna

Chance: 1%

She makes a lot of sense; however, Sakurai seems to have a bias for reoccurring secondary characters. So, it is highly doubtful, especially when there are alternatives in the franchise.

I used to really want her; however, over time, I guess the idea feels less imperative. I would still enjoy her, but it is not something I actively want anymore.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Anna

Want: ABSTAINED

Despite being a recurring character, she isn't considered the mascot character of FE and we already have 6 FE characters already.

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 9.76%

Nominate Lucas x5

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Anna

Want: 1%

Same reasons as Lyn

Predictions:

Phoenix Wright:
Chance: 15%
Want: 40%

Nomination:

Banjo & Kazooie x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The RNG Goddess

Chance- 25%
Want- 90%

The only recurring character I need FE albeit a minor role. Anna has a few things going for her
- The Cid of Fire Emblem
- multiple roles and classes gives access to all weapon types such as axes and lances, bows, and everything else. With LIMITLESS potential.
- Has a sense of fun as opposed to the existing cast.
- is canonically the strongest character in the series.

Easily my most wanted character from Fire Emblem. However the series is at a good spot with Smash, Sol unless some characters leave or other series get more reps to balance things out. Anna is lower priority for me.

Nominations- Wonder Red x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Anna

Chance: 0.5%

- ...which one? There’s many of them doing different roles. Anyway, if we’re getting a FE newcomer, it’ll most likely be the main character from the upcoming Switch game.

Want: 0.5%

- There are many other FE characters I’d rather have instead of any of the Annas.

Prediction

Phoenix Wright: 18.5%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Black Shadow x2

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Anna: 10%

I can see them going for her if they want an axe..."Lord ?" that isn't hector. Other than that, I'm not so sure. Still think she's got a better chance than 95% of other FE characters though.

Want: 75%

Anna is cool, I've got a 5 star one in Heroes back when I played it and she was my MVP. Also, I like her outside of gameplay reasons.

Phoenix Wright: 14.2%

Nominating
Neku (TWEWY) x5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Anna

Chance: 15%
I feel like she is both likely and unlikely at the same time, due to being such a reoccurring character, though I'd place her chances pretty low if only for the fact that Sakurai loves to put in the newest version of the FE avatars as of late over anything else.

Want: 20%
I've never particularly cared for Fire Emblem, and admittedly its representation in smash as of late has somewhat burned me toward the series, but I'd say that if any character from FE were to get it, I'd rather it be her, as she seems interesting enough. Just don't give her a sword for god's sake...

Nominations: Fawful x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Anna

Chances: 4% - Yeah, I'm not seeing it. She's gotten a boost lately via Warriors and Heroes, but the vast majority of games still just feature her as a shopkeep or at best, a completely optional unit. Being a secondary character in what is probably the single most competitive franchise in Smash reps-wise dooms her. If she keeps her upswing of popularity though, maybe that can change in the future. Not for this Smash though. Maybe she'll get her chance another day.

Want: 15% - Her one saving grace is being an axe-wielder which would at least get some more weapon diversity in the game, but the only FE characters I want are the vets and maybe Lyn. Everyone else I'll gladly pass on.

Predictions

Phoenix Wright: 12.15% - Capcom's already got two characters in, and even then there's a whole pantheon of other Capcom characters with bigger claims to fame than Mr. Wright. The fact that he's no longer Nintendo-exclusive only hurts him, but he's definitely the most Nintendo-centric of Capcom's remaining offerings. Expecting a mix tomorrow, but thinking it'll be towards the lower end.

Nominations:

Dark Matter Blade x 5 - I think once this guy breaks 200, he'll be safely enough in the top 7 for me to start pushing Impa up next.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Anna

Chance - 1%

When judging Fire Emblem characters, I tend to judge them in terms of relevancy, then popularity. Anna's never been that relevant, despite how she's appeared in every Fire Emblem game, just because she's often regulated to an NPC role, rather than something playable. Whenever she is playable, she's hardly ever important. In Awakening, she was an optional side character. In Fates, she was a DLC character. In Warriors, she was a post-game unlockable. I really just can't see her ever getting in over an actual main lord.

(If you aren't a Fire Emblem geek, the main lord is essentially the main character of the game. Every Fire Emblem character currently in Smash is considered to be the lord of their respective game, and the three previous Fire Emblem characters we've rated, Chrom, Lyn, and Celica, are also considered to be lords of their respective game, although Celica isn't classified as a lord in her game, and Lyn and Celica both share their lord status with Hector + Eliwood and Alm respectively.)

She's somewhat of a lord in Fire Emblem Heroes, the mobile game, along with two others, named Alfonse and Sharena. Even still, I feel like the mobile game would be better represented by a character original to that game, like Veronica, Fjorm, or hell, even the little bird Feh.

She's also never been a SUPER popular character either, coming in 13th in the Fire Emblem Awakening popularity poll, came in 17th in the Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends poll, and placing 19th when combining all of her CYL 2 votes, so they can't really fall back on a "She's popular!" sort of thing like they could pretty easily do with a lot of older lords in the series.

Really the one thing she has going for her is that she shows up a lot, even if she hardly does anything in most games. She's like the Nurse Joy of Fire Emblem: in every game, but never really worth noting.

I always try to avoid giving characters 0%'s in terms of chance, but we're really stretching it here, and I think Anna is where I'm going to draw the line.

I'm pretty sure most Fire Emblem characters from here on out are just going to get a 0% from me in terms of chance.

Want - 0%

Meh. I'd really prefer other Fire Emblem characters. If she comes into Smash, she'll likely be either using her Trickster set (which uses Levin Swords) or her Heroes set (which uses axes). Robin already has the Levin Sword thing covered, and even though an axe-wielder would be pretty unique in Smash, I struggle to think of a moveset that could really make use of an axe in a way that it wouldn't just be a glorified sword.

Nominations:
Dark Matter Blade (Kirby) x5

Last edited:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Anna Chance:
15%
There are a lot of other FE characters that have a better chance than her. The only thing that is going for her is that she appears in most FE games.

Anna Want:
30%
It would be nice to have a recurring FE character, but she isn't a priority.

Phoenix Wright Predictions:
11.41%

Nominations:

Sylux x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean honestly, likelihood aside, if we were going for recurring Fire Emblem characters, I'd want Camus. :p

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Anna
Chance: 1%
If Fates had been the last release and FE Switch still hadn't been announced, I would rate her much higher. But neither of those things are true, and it just makes much more sense to include either Celica or a character from the Switch game. I can't even really see Anna as DLC.

Honestly, I liked Anna a lot more when she was just the quirky guide/shopkeeper. Ever since she got more dialogue, they went all in on her being really obnoxious and money hungry. She's ok in Heroes, but FE has so many characters and I want many of them way before I would even consider Anna.

Phoenix Wright: 12%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Impa x2, Mipha x2

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Anna want: 4% (14-10*)

Nominations:

Neku x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:
Top Bottom