• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Boss Rush Mode
Chance: 40 to 50%. We all thought Stage Builder would be gone for Ultimate, but it's back. There technically was a Boss Rush for World of Light, so it could be possible.
Want: 100%. Fighting the bosses wave by wave would be a fun mode. Plus if we do get boss rush mode, I hope we get Rayquaza, Porky and Duon back (and Tabuu) and some new bosses like Giratina and the Ender Dragon (if Steve gets added in).
Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon becomes playable and 3 for Kamek

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Boss gauntlet
Chance: 50%
We know this game will get keep getting supported with more modes, so it's definitely possible. It merely depends on their priorities.

Want: 25%
While I do think this mode probably should've been in form the begining, the bosses I went up against so far (yes, I really need to hurry up and finish WoL already) were pretty tedious to fight, atleast on hard anyway. Rathalos and Galleom in particular feel like damage sponges. Fighting bosses like those in a row sounds pretty hellish, so it probably would be a blessing for me if it didn't return and they'd spend their times on modes I'd have more fun with.

Bonkers: 0.05%
Metal Sonic x5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Boss Rush (Again)

I can see this one going either way. As there's already effectively one in a section of World of Light, it would be somewhat easy to implement on its own. On the other hand, there's already one of sorts in WoL, so Sakurai's team may not view it as worth the extra dev time that could go into bug fixing or developing the DLC characters.

There's also the question of whether or not they would add (a) new boss(es) specifically for this mode. If they did, then that would require quite a bit of dev time. Each new boss has to be chosen, conceptualized, designed on paper, modeled, animated, programmed, and playtested, which is even more work than it sounds like. If any of the new bosses are from a third-party, then usage rights discussions must also take place, which adds even more dev time and resources. This, again, may not be viewed as worth the investment of time and resources necessary. However, if they did not include new bosses, they may not feel as though the mode is worth implementing (as it would not technically have any new features and thus not meet Sakurai's quality standards.)

Want: 85%
I think a Boss Rush would be a cool addition to Ultimate, provided it had at least a couple new bosses which each bring something new to the table. My main problem with the boss fights in Ultimate, as they stand right now, is that none of them (besides Galeem and Dharkon) really make use of the fact that Smash is a platformer, and as such not all of the boss arenas have to be flat walk-offs. Give me more stuff like that one Ridley boss fight in the Subspace Emissary where you're on top of Samus's ship and partway through the fight he starts trying to destroy the ship (your only platform). Fights that really take full advantage of all of Ultimate's mechanics. Also, ideally, the preexisting boss fights would be "remixed" in some fashion in the Boss Rush mode, but I understand that might be too much to ask for.

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The glorious return of Rayquaza

Chance: 10%
Yes, it's possible. New modes are being added in through updates, we know that much. On top of that, Just copypasting the bosses to a rush-mode is easy as all hell and would appear to be a no-brainer.
However: who can assure we're getting more new modes? No such thing has been stated and I'd say Boss Rush is too wanted and top simple to make to not Just put it in base-game.
As a final point: We already have boss-rush in the Final battle of WoL. The only purpose an actual mode would have would be to make it more accesible, as well as giving themselves the possibility to add more bosses, which is an entirely different beast to discuss.

Want: over 9000 (100%)
I wouldn't care for a Boss rush with the existing bosses, as I said, that already exists, albeit in a convoluted way. What I want is a way for old bosses to return. Give me Porky. Give me Tabuu. Give me mother****ing Rayquaza!
And even, it would leave the door open for new bosses to be added. Give me Death Egg, Hades, Gyagas, King Boo, Lord Frederick, Armored Mawdad, Hewdra, Groudon, Regigigas, Time Eater, Quadraxis, Heavy Lobster, Dyna Blade... Sorry, I'm digressing.

Nominations: 5x Rundas

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Mega Man groans. Not even in the world of Super Smash Bros. can he escape big bads re-using their enemies over and over.

Chance: 35%. Since we do have a precedent for modes added in updates, I could see Boss Rush mode coming in version 5.0.0 or 6.0.0, as the Stage Builder equivalent, and since there's technically already one in the game it wouldn't be too hard to implement. However, nothing is certain, and frankly I'm not that convinced that they find it a necessary inclusion. So, it's more or less a case of "who knows?" I'm just not feeling it right now.

Want: 90%. Well it gives me something else to do, and allows us to re-do the best parts of World of Light without needing to go through it or a Classic route over and over. And, in general, more content is always* better than less.
*unless it eats up primary development time. But that doesn't apply to this game.

Rerate Crash x 5. I'm gonna elaborate on why I think Crash should get one now rather than wait, he's the big winner when it comes to Joker's inclusion IMO and times have changed in his favor. Am now a believer that Crash was on the list at the bare minimum.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Mega Man 2
chance:60%: I think that modes are very likely to be added, and a Boss Rush is the likeliest of all. We have one in WOL, and heck, maybe they could bring back Rayquaza, Porky, and Tabuu.
Want:100%: If was awesome in brawl, and it will be here. Plus, I could get Eggman, Sepiroth, Sigma, M Bison, Metroid Prime, Grima, Necrozma, and D. J. Octavio
Nominations: Black Mage x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Boss Rush

Chance: 50 - Think there's a solid shot we see this mode return. It was in Brawl and maybe Smash 4(can't remember now) so it would make sense for it to come back if we're going to keep getting new modes alongside the DLC characters.

Want: 100 - Sounds fun. The Boss fights in Smash are fun and potentially getting a mode based around them or new bosses works for me. THere's a lot they can still do with the bosses and I'd like to see them do that.

Noms
Ellie x5

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Boss Rush

Chances: 60%. I hear World of Light already has one, but I'm guessing it's a one-done deal given that mode's mentality. I wouldn't know, I have yet to beat it, and I don't feel motivated to anytime soon. But with Stage Builder suggesting more add-on features in the future, and its prior existence in Brawl, this is one possibility that seems plausible. Although I wouldn't hold my breath for it, just in case.

Want: 95%. Under the assumption that we'd get new bosses, I would definitely be up for it, but even otherwise I'd approve of it. With the exception of the hands, since they grow tiresome, the bosses are a major highlight in what is otherwise a boring slog of fighters. Even Marx is pretty fun to fight. despite my problems with his design. It sucks that most of the time you need to fight a gauntlet to get to them, though, so I would definitely like another way to fight them. And again, some new bosses would be a super approvable addition.

Nominations
Adeleine (Kirby) x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sid-cada Sid-cada Sid-cada Sid-cada Who or what is Palcilio? I can't find anything about them on Google.
RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 is corhrect. As a dyslexic, I am prone to missphelling. :p

Anyway...

Boss rush mode

Chance - 5% - There's a segement just like this in world of light. While it could be easy to implement, I think they simply are willing to call this good enough.

Want - 50% - I don't care. Could be fun once in a while, but I have no real desire to see it.

Nominations

Palcilo X5

D

Deleted member

IT'S BOSS TIME!

Chance: 15%

It can happen no doubt, but as mentioned previously, there is technically a boss rush in WoL, so any chances of a mode by itself seems pretty low, let alone if they even decide to add a few more bosses in Smash.

Want: 70%

Singleplayer content still feels a bit lacking after playing WoL and all of Classic Mode, and while Stage Builder is the most wild thing out there and looks fun, I'd rather download the whacky stages from online than make them myself. I can't really say I wanted a Boss Rush mode as much as other modes like Target Smash, HRC, and a proper All Star mode, but it'll make a fine and welcoming singleplayer addition to Smash nonetheless as it gives me something to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Fight all boss, the mode twas tossed

I guess it just depends. Depends on how many old modes they plan on bringing back. It's clear we won't see Event Matches, Trophy Shooter/Trophy Rush/Trophy Gamble (anything with trophies really), and it's still to bee seen if All Star mode or Break the Targets will return, or even the home run contest. Many, many things that still haven't been included in Smash. Kinda tells me Ultimate was... actually not a finished game.

Want: 50%
Meh, I could take it or leave it. Honestly, if it added more bosses, I'd probably like it. But if it's a mode where we fight only Smash Ultimate's existing bosses... pass. We don't really have that many that stick out to me. Heck, 9 times out of 10, when you play classic mode, you end up fighting the hands more often than not, and that's probably the reason why I don't remember many of the others.

Predictions: ...Bonkers? As in, Kirby's Bonkers? Before someone like Bandana Dee, Magolor, Marx, Dark Matter, etc? Honestly, as a character created by Sakurai, he probably has a better chance than them, ha. But no, seriously, probably .05%.

Noms: Kamek x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
The mode that was cut after Brawl

It really could go either way, depending on whether Sakurai wants to bring more old modes back. That's all that can really be said on the matter.

Want: 100%
A way to fight bosses on demand including the Hands without having to go back through WoL's ending? Yes please!

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Boss Rush

Chance; 25%
It's a little strange that this wasn't in the base game, considering that World of Light has something resembling this in the final act. Regardless, we've just seen Sakurai and company ship out a major missing feature for free - a boss rush shouldn't take nearly as much trouble to make, if they so desired. It's also one of the things Sakurai tends to include in his games (though I suppose Kid Icarus: Uprising didn't have one).

Want: 80%
Ultimate could certainly use a way for players to battle the bosses with any characters they pleased without going through the final act's opening segment first. Not to mention that it went through so much trouble just making its bosses look good in the first place - it'd be shame to see that work locked behind Classic Mode runs. Who knows, maybe they could even sneak in some old bosses into it, like old Tabuu or Master Core.

Nominations
Valve rep x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Boss Rush
Chance: 5% - We pretty much already have this in the base game in the form of the final World of Light challenge. probably the only major differences between that and a traditional boss rush would be the removal of the upwards scrolling sections and the possible addition of Master Hand and Crazy Hand fights (which long time Smash fans have already battled hundreds of times by now). I believe that if Sakurai and his team wanted to include a boss rush (assuming they don’t consider the final WOL challenge to be “the boss rush” of this game) then it could have easily been on the base game because, just like with the hundreds of spirit battles, they’d be working with already existing in-game assets.

Want: 5% - Of all the classic game modes from former SSB titles that I’d like to see return, this would be the one I’d be the least excited for. If I ever had the urge to fight all the bosses in a row then I’d just play the Final WOL challenge again which was awesome in it’s own right. The only way I can see this mode being salvageable is in the very unlikely scenario that they can include brand new bosses or returning bosses from previous games.

Nominations: Gex x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?
Chance:0%: only Kirby rep we can get is Bandana Dee. Even besides him, Bonkers is just a generic enemy. Plus, he would be too similar to King Dedede.
Want:0%: He is another generic enemy that isn't Shy Guy. Also, BDee and Magolor are way more interesting as Kirby reps.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Bonkey Kong
Chance: 0.1%
Bonkers is a recurring miniboss from Kirby whose main attacks are using a hammer and throwing stuff at you. Wait a minute, King Dedede already does that!
Want: 0%
There are several potential Kirby newcomers that would be moe interesting than this one. He could be a cool Assist Trophy or something, though.

Undertale prediction: 35%, even though it should be much lower
Noms: SE Rep x5, I guess.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm gonna start posting some music from each character's series to get people in the mood for rating each character. With that said, here are some tracks relating to Bonkers:

Bonkers

Chance: 0.1%
Not third party/already a spirit/tons of first party competition. Also has major competition in the Kirby franchise with characters like Bandana Dee and Adeleine. Heck even if he were to be just a boss character he would have to compete with a lot of the more notable Kirby bosses.

Having another Kirby rep isn’t really a top priority of mine and I really don't care about Bonkers. Even if we were to get another Kirby rep there are a ton of other characters I’d rather see first such as Bandana Dee or Adeleine.

Undertale chance prediction: 23.77% (really interested to see how this day goes)

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Monkey with a hammer

Chance: 0%
Noooope. Even if we DON'T take into account that he's just a miniboss with no relevance and has massive competition from other Kirby characters, King Dedede does everything Bonkers does, and more.

Want: 0%.
There are Kirby reps I'd want MUCH more than Bonkers. Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Magolor... the list goes on.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Big Dancing Hammer Dude

He has a severe "Generic enemy" syndrome. He has no noteworthy role in any game. There are more important Kirby reps. His signature move, the Hammer Flip, is already in Kirbies Moveset for crying out loud!

I loved him in Kirby Superstar Ultra, since his Hammer Flip was the strongest move in the game. Since sm4sh, Kirby has that move. This means there is no more reason to want Bonkers. Also hes ugly.

Undertale Predictions: Around 25%? People really seem to think its gonna happen. I give it a good shot, but not too good. There are others with more evidence.

Nominations: 5x Rundas

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I missed a day god dammit. Thankfully noms aren't up yet, so I still have time.

Boss Rush
Chance: 25%
Want: 100%

This one is hard to judge. It could happen, or it couldn't. We pretty much have it in one of the last levels in WoL, so I don't know where to go from here. I definitely would love it though, since boss battles are some of my favorite parts of single player games. Believe it or not, I never moved my lazy ass to beat WoL. Blame that on school and other games/modes that are more interesting.

(Tetromino x5 for yesterday.)

Discount Danky Kang
Want: 25%

Random miniboss with moves from 2-3 different characters mashed into one, two of which are Kirby characters. Also has a load of Kirby competition to face, such as Bandana Dee and Adeleine. It's not gonna happen. I don't think this character is necessary either, as he brings literally nothing new to the table. It's like adding Boom Boom into Smash. He's best fit as an echo of King DDD with the hammer and the ability to throw durians instead of Gordos. This is one that I can see working, but maybe with 2 bigger jumps instead of 5 small jumps.

Undertale representation: 2.83% (Please don't make me suffer...)

(Tetromino x5)

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Go positively Bonkers yeh
Chance: 0.01%
This could only happen as a Dedede echoe as I don't see an original moveset for this guy and if Sakurai was looking for another viable Kirby character from a game he directed and he really didn't want it to be Bandana Waddle Dee for some reason. I see a generic enemy type character like Plant as a one&done deal. Having Bonkers in over much more demanded Kirby characters or echoes from other series won't sit well with people. It's much likelier we won't get another Kirby character at all

No please! I want Sakurai to drop his ''There are 4 Kirby games and I made them all'' stigma. Adding Bonkers would prove he'd do anything in his power to not represent the Kirby games he didn't direct. I'd be rightfully mad.

Undertale rep: 28.76%
Metal Sonic x5

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Bonkers

Chance: 2%. I get that Bonkers is in range of Sakurai's games, but I would wager he'd have to be another left field pick in order to work. And even then... really? What would that even do for the Kirby franchise? Kirby and Dedede already cover the hammer attacks, and throwing explosive coconuts is not enough to warrant a similar fighting style.

Want: 0%. I wholeheartedly agree with waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi because I lost patience with Sakurai's representation of Kirby back in 4. This thing's possible inclusion may actually be an INSULT to the Kirby franchise since it will offer nothing new and fix nothing. Smash should be about evolution, not regression.

Nominations
Adeleine (Kirby) x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Bonkers
Chance: 10 to 20%
He is already a spirit, but I think it wont be disconfirmed. He also has lots of competition, but most likely case, he wont be the chosen Kirby character.

Want; 65%
We do need another Kirby character (Technically, we did get one for Ultimate, being Dark Meta Knight (as an alternate costume, but still)), but Adeleine is my chosen Kirby character for Smash. Bonkers would be a fun character to play however.

Noms: 2 for Urbosa, 2 for Gex and 1 for Mike Jones

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bonkers

Chance - 0% - People who think he can work as an echo need to check how echos actually work. An echo needs to have the same model skeleton in order to work. Bonkers and Dedede are extremely different from each other in body shape. Isabel was planed to be an echo but ended up with something else because she had too different of a body shape, so Bonkers has no chance. Otherwise, I can't see why he would be chosen at all.

Want - 0% - Even among Kirby enemies, there are plenty of more fun move sets to be considered. Bugzzy, Chef Kawasaki, Sir Kibble, Broom Hatter, Chemitory, Leafan, Como... Honestly, picking Bonkers is a huge disappointment. At least pick a somewhat interesting generic enemy...

Nominatios

Palico X5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Man, I really need to keep up with this more...

Bonkers

If anyone who thinks Bonkers has a chance, can you explain why? I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't see it happening. Especially with all the competition for the next Kirby rep.

Honestly, we need more proper characters from Kirby before we can justify adding generic enemies. That's why I feel Piranha Plant works: we're starting to run out of unique Mario characters to use, and would have to start digging deeper otherwise. Maybe once we get the rest of the Dream Friends from Kirby Star Allies, then we can justify adding Bonkers.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Bonkers
Chance: 0.01%
It's not impossible, but incredibly unlikely. And why? We don't need another generic mook, and one that's not even very iconic in comparison to the one we have already.

There are so many other Kirby characters that aren't generic enemies that could be added in over Bonkers. Bandanna Dee is debatable whether he's a generic enemy or not, but I think we can all agree that he's at least less generic than this, being an individual character and all. On top of that, Adeleine and Ribbon, Marx, Magolor, Gooey, Animal Friends, Susie, Taranza, there are so many other better choices than this dude for a 4th Kirby rep.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is Bonkers

Why would they go for Bonkers? Let's say they choose to ignore actual characters like Bandana Dee, Magolor, Adeleine (all of which have at least a modicum of support) or even get past the animal friends, Gooey, the Meta Knight clones, any of the villains, etc, they would probably not choose anyone rather than go for this guy. At the end of the day he's a random mook. Not the most iconic, or the strongest, or the most important, he doesn't even bring anything new to the table moveset wise.

My bar of tolerance for generic mooks is 0. We're already past that. I don't want to keep going down that road.

Noms: Kyle Hydex5

RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 The deadline for rating a day is until one hour after the day change, so I can't count your noms for yesterday.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Who nommed this guy? I'm actually serious.

Chance: 0%. As others have said, he's too far down the Kirby food chain to even be remotely considered, and the reason Piranha Plant pulled through was because it seems that it was intended for base game. Telling people to buy a freaking mook character from a Kirby game when even from Kirby there's far more interesting and notable characters? Well, he isn't the bottom of the barrel for Kirby (I'd say that's Squishy), but I think I can safely say that Bonkers is a DLC never ever. He might be able to Piranha Plant his way into base game someday, but Nintendo has boatloads of characters that'd sell more FIRST PARTY ALONE. What chance does this guy have against nearly any third party?

Want: 10%. Well he isn't Arle competition but frankly, yeah, being a living verification of Sakurai's "only my games count" Kirby bias (especially if he got in over Bandana Dee, Gooey, or anybody else from a non-Sakurai game) would be pretty terrible. I'll pass, but there's at least a few characters that I'd take Bonkers over. So I won't be that harsh.

So this is gonna be awkward since I'm trying to get Frisk up since I didn't notice Concept: Undertale rep, which might as well be Frisk + Sans Rerate since nobody else (except maybe Papyrus, Undyne and Flowey) is really a factor. Oh well! Frisk x 5 anyway, because.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x155
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x150
Nathan Drake x130
Metal Sonic x128
Tetromino x125
Amy Rose x115
Palico x110

150 - 101

[Rerate] Erdrick x107
Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Creeper x101

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Morrigan Aensland x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x99
Monokuma x93
Boss: Kracko x85
Frogger x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Kamek x77
9-Volt x74
Crono x70
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x62
Kyle Hyde x60
Concept: Square Enix rep x55
Frisk x55
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Glover x50
X (Mega Man) x44
Adeleine (Kirby) x41
Saber (Fate) x40
Decidueye x39
[Rerate] 2B x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Velvet Crowe x30
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Heavy (Team Fortress) x25
Gooey (Kirby) x25
Concept: Valve rep x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x23
Earthworm Jim x20
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Tora and Poppi x15
Rundas x15
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Black Shadow x10
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x10
Gex x10
Ellie (The Last of Us) x10
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
King Boo x7
[Rerate] Steve? x6
Magolor x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Toon Zelda x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1

Metal Sonic takes fourth place from Tetromino. Palico joins the top seven, ending the day seventh and kicking Erdrick off.

Concept: Valve rep reaches the 25 nomination bar.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Bonkers
Chance:
0%
I, uh, no. Like, it's not even a particularly iconic generic Mook. He has a fun design and a hammer but so does Dedede. I don't give out zeroes often but I very much doubt this is happening.

Want: 1%
I love Kirby. I love Bonkers because he looks like a goofy cartoon mobster. I love playing as Bonkers in Star Allies and Superstar. But like...no. I don't want him in Smash we've had an out of nowhere Mook character as a nice surprise. I want more protagonists, memorable side characters, and big third parties. Also just in the Kirbyverse alone there are so many characters I want in over him.

Nominations: Kyle Hyde x5

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Big Purple Monkey with a Gun Hammer

I don't usually give 0%s, as I've stated before - but Bonkers is one of the few that meet my criteria. He's not really influential or relevant to any degree, which already puts his chances very, very low. Not only that, but he's a Spirit, which certainly doesn't help his chances. Lastly, he's a Kirby character, which....yeah.

He's a miniboss with an alright design I guess, but that's about it really. He'd just be a semiclone that fuses Donkey Kong and King Dedede's movesets into a pointless purple amalgam. There are far better choices from the Kirby series.

Nominations: Glover x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Bonkers

Chance: 0 - Is a 1st party character, is a spirit, and is probably the 3rd most requested Kirby character at best. Not going to happen. Not even sure Bonkers would make a 10th fighter pass if we get one

Want: 10 - There are a lot more characters I'd rather have in the game over Bonkers. Not much else for me to say on the subject. Doubt he'd even make a top 100 list

Noms:
Ellie - x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Bonkers

Chance: 5%
I guess he could be a Dedede echo? But there's no demand to warrant the effort at all, especially when it'd affirm that Bonkers lacks the moveset potential that got Piranha Plant in. The Kirby franchise has no reason to stoop so low for another representative, at any rate, especially when people are already pushing for other candidates.

Want: 1%
Come on, Bandana Dee doesn't deserve to get shown up like this. Heck, most other named Kirby characters don't - at least they've shown up in more important games than the likes of Geno or Waluigi. (Where's the person who wanted us to consider Bonkers anyway?)

Nominations
Valve rep x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bonkers

Chance: 1%
It's technically possible cause any character is technically possible but Bonkers is only technically possible he's not likely nor even unlikely he's incredibly unlikely to the point that I don't think he'd be included even if they made 12 or 13 fighters passes, He's not as important as other Kirby Characters (BDee) nor is he requested (Marx), He's not a main character nor is he a big reoccurring villain he's only a reoccurring mid boss.

I doubt he'd be added over characters like Bandana Dee or Marx, I heavily doubt he's happening as not only is he as I stated previously he's also a Spirit and one that isn't requested (Geno, BDee, Chorus Kids) nor somewhat important like representing a new franchise (Shantae, Isaac, Etc.) He's probably not happening.

He's a mid boss and he's never even been a final boss of any Kirby game but simply a mid boss so I'm not interested in him at all, I would prefer BDee or Marx as a Kirby Rep and even then I'm not all too invested in Kirby Reps. I'll pass on this dude thanks.

Nominations:
Heavy Weapons Guy x1
Duster x1
Banjo x1
Geno x2

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Bonkers

While Piranha Plant opened the doors for possible generic enemies to be playable, Bonkers just doesn't have the recognizably that the plant has. He really doesn't come off as a character many people would open up their wallets for, outside of this discussion, I never once saw any demand for him.

When they expect me to part with my money for a playable fighter, it better be a character that actually matters. Everything he can do is already covered by Dedede anyway, so there isn't any surprise wacky fighter potential to draw from him either.

Top Bottom