• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Crazy Dazy

Chance- 15%
Yikes, even less than I gave Pauline.
Fairly popular among Mario fans, and been around for about 30 years, but thats about it. Possible Mario newcomers are a dime a dozen, and I just dont see anything that would make her stand out against all the others.

Want- 15%
I like Daisy in Mario Kart, but Id greatly prefer any of the Mario characters featured in my signature. It would be cool to see her as an alt for Peach with her own model, sound effects, and refferences to Super Mario Land instead of Super Mario Bros 2 (pull out a moe eye instead of a Toad? I dunno, works I guess).

Rock and Scissors Mario

Chance- 25%
Paper Mario is one of the more popular spinoffs, but as many people said; do we need 3 Marios even if he is unique?

Want- 40%
I LOVE Thousand Year Door, but again, see signature for my more desired Mario characters. Id be ok with him if he was based on the games of old, but I think they would rather go to the arts and crafts Paper Mario of new (ew, Sticker Star).

And if they put him in, that puts my Melee main :4drmario: on thin ice! I just got him back!

Young Link- 7.43%
Pichu- 8.62%

Doomguy X 3
Banjo Kazooie X 2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For these two characters, I basically I gave in-depth reasons why I cannot see them in the game back in Captain Toad’s rating. I cannot see Daisy until she becomes notably marketed by Nintendo in the same way as Rosalina with playable roles in mainline Mario games. And for Paper Mario, I cannot see him happening unless a new PM game releases and gives the franchise critical reception/sales. I would argue his position is much worse than Captain Toad. I do not see either of them getting in at all.

x5 Octolings

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
It really isn't different. That's just an excuse as to why Toad is unable to jump in his own game, and he's not required to do so either. They literally say that they just made him unable to jump because it would've forced them to create very large levels. That doesn't make it any less likely for him to be playable.
Even if it ended to have the same purpose this doesn't justify that Captain Toad can't jump due to his bag.

And btw you guys should never give a 0 just like a 100 in chances because it means Nintendo confirmed/deconfirmed the character appearance in the game which is not the chase

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Generous scores incoming, but I do believe this.

Daisy

Daisy is an icon, has a mainline appearance, a minor cameo in Paper Jam, an excellent attendance record in the spinoffs and has an unprecedented 4 trophies in Smash 4 dedicated to a non-playable character. Oh, she's also playable in Super Mario Run, Nintendo's first mobile Mario app. Kind of a big deal. Who else is playable? Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Toad. Daisy's resume is flat out better than Waluigi's at this point. Them's the facts. I can envision a Peach alt or a separate roster spot. Realistically, I believe her main competition is between Captain Toad, PM or Kamek (who you could also make a case for). Have this coin flip.

Chance: 50%
Want: 70%

Paper Mario

In spite of some questionable decisions, Paper Mario's games are still doing well. His earlier work left such an impression that it built a diehard fanbase, and to be fair, Color Splash was decent. I think it's clear a lot of fans want a return to the Thousand Year Door style, which would be welcomed with open arms after the experimental titles that followed. Nevertheless, Paper Mario is still one of Nintendo's notable stars and their attempts to mix things up have only added even more to draw from in terms of constructing a good moveset. Paper Mario had an embarassment of riches in this regard even before Sticker Star came. You could construct a skillset based on his badges alone, nevermind the partners. Again, coin flip.

Want: 100%

Daisy is fairly likely to me based on her overall body of work, the ease with which she can be converted into an alternate and her popularity. Paper Mario is fairly likely to me because of his potential and the fact he's headed a series that's both current and successful.

Predictions:
Pichu: 6.86%
Young Link: 5.14%

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Daisy

Chance- 9%
Has popularity in some circles, but Daisy has stiff competition, and I don’t see Nintendo pushing her character hard enough to think this is going to happen.

Want- 0%
Normally when I give low Want scores, I preface it by saying that I do like the character, even if I don’t want them in Smash. Can’t say the same here. Daisy has always rubbed me the wrong way. I’d be pretty disappointed if she got in over Captain Toad or even the Walking Meme Waluigi.

Paper Mario

Chance- 21%
Again, he’s got competition. He’s got a lot of games under his belt, but the more recent ones have been disappointing, so his star has faded a bit. Still, I could see this happening, especially if Sakurai thinks he could do something interesting with the moveset.

Want- 30%
I tend to view multiple of the same character as a wasted slot, but I could definitely see where Paper Mario could be fun to play as, so I’ll be a bit forgiving in this case.

Pichu Prediction- 7.5%
Young Link Prediction- 6.2%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

We’re going to add new characters to the schedule any day now, right? ... Any day now…

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Daisy:
Chance: 5%
Not as iconic as Toad, not as popular as Waluigi, not as unique as Paper Mario... Daisy’s got nothing, besides a small but (disturbingly) dedicated fanbase. I see some talk about how many trophies she got in Smash 4, but those are all just model rips from other games, nothing of note.

Her only chance in my mind is as a last minute clone of Peach.

Want: 0%
Paper Mario
Chance: 35%
Paper Mario has his own popular series that has 5 games (of varying quality) under it’s belt. Sakurai has expressed interest in it before (he gave it a stage on 3DS), and assuming he’s taking fan requests more into account, then Paper Mario certianlly has a vocal fanbase. However, his trouble comes from the fact that he’s another persona of Mario, and he comes from a franchise that has A LOT of competition...

Want: 75%
TTYD is my favorite game of all time. I would love to see this hero get to shine in Smash. He’s got so many unique skills, he would be literally nothing like Mario/Doc. Hammer, partners, items.... paint, I guess

Predictions:
Young Link: 6%
Pichu: 5%

Noms:

Henry Fleming x5

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Daisy

Chance: 10%. There are WAY more prominent Mario characters out there, and I reckon she doesn't offer much to the table compared to her competition in terms of unique moveset potential.

Want: 1%. I don't care for her at all personally.

Paper Mario

Chance: 50%. He's already got a stage, and we've seen what happened with Villager! Plus he's got his own prominent series and whatnot.

Want: 51%. Sure, why not? I enjoyed what I played of his games, and there's some neat stuff they could pull from for a set.

Pichu Prediction: 5%.

Young Link Prediction: 5%.

Nominations: Snip & Clip x1, Blue Bowser x4

upload_2018-3-27_8-15-12.png

D

Deleted member

I feel a bit insulted by the fact Daisy was on the original schedule and Waluigi wasn't.
Doesn't make much sense to me.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Daisy:

Chance: 10%

Want: 5%

I liked Daisy back in the 64 era. But like Waluigi, she's missed potential within the Mario series. I'd really like to see her character grow, but as of now, I do not really care for her character.

Paper Mario:

Chance: 40%

Want: 99.5%

Only reason this isn't a 100% is due to the likely-hood of his moveset solely revolving around Sticker Star or Color Splash. But even then, Paper Mario has crazy amount of unique potential. The first 2 Paper Mario games are my favorite Mario games, and I've wanted to see this character in since Melee or Brawl. Paper Mario is relevant and has been around for a long time.

Predictions:
Young Link: 3.2%
Pichu: 6.7%

Nominations:
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Daisy

Chance - 3.75% - She doesn't exactly scream "Make me a character!" based off moveset potential, and I doubt she will end up an alt at this point, which would then get updated into semi-clone. I don't see much of why she would be chosen.

Want - 10% - Can't say that I'm for her inclusion.

Paper Mario

Chance - 20% - While prominent back in the Brawl era, these days Sticker Star and Color Splash has put him into a rough spot. Until he can reclaim what he once lost, he has middling but not great chances.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't really care.

Predictions

Pichu - 3.45% - Ha. No.

Yong Link - 5.24% - We already have Toon Link.

Nominaitons

Anna X5

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Daisy.

Chance: 25%
I am personally waaay to generous with this chance as her chances are really slim and at best would most likely end up as clone/semi-clone.

Want: 100%
Easily my most wanted newcomer for the Mario franchise.

Paper Mario.

Now he is a character I can definitely see being implemented in a Toon Link style of sense.

Want: 10%

I personally never followed the Paper Mario franchise.

Future Predictions:
Pichu: 5%.
Young Link: 10%(I like him more than Toon Link).

Nominations:
Lana x 2
Micaiah x3

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Paper Mario

Chances: 75%
He and Captain Toad seem like the most likely new Mario reps to me. The question is more of which one gets in.

Want: 50%
Not really a fan of Paper Mario but I can recognize the potential and popularity this may have.

Daisy

Chances: 10%
Once again i think there are multiple Mario characters we will get before Daisy.

Do not see particular reason for her to get in but i would not mind if she did.

Nomination: Miciah X5

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The Sassy Tomboy Princess sporty loving from Sarasaland;

Princess Daisy;

Chance; 15% (as a playable)

I feel very generious giving her that high amount, but that is because, after a while, and tons of entries in the series, they need to scratch the barrel, and head after characters that are seen as important, the fact that most of us are in a wheelchair at that time. Which is just what I say unlikely. Because, if Mario is getting more characters I'd see it more likely to be Toad, Waluigi and Paper Mario amongst the once in front. The fact that Daisy has an alternate colour pal on Peach says something.

Want; 5%

I'm fine with Peach. Do not mind Rosalina & Luma, but they gave something interesting. I stated much under her chance, more than I thought I would. I DO NOT hate Daisy, I just don't prefer her, nor find her likely, but if Pauline got over Daisy in Smash?! Then I would be outraged, and my Daisy support would bloom, but not until then.

He's flat, he's not fat, in fact paper thin, yes it's him;

Paper Mario;

Chance; 50%

Paper Mario got competition if he ever wants to join Smash. I see his two biggest rivals at this point is good ol' Toad, and the mischievious Waluigi. I somewhat feel like Paper is the third wheel on the wagon, and for that he is so uncertain. On one hand, he sounds likely, but on the other, there is heavier claim on the two other mentioned.

Want; 30%

At least he brings something unique to the roster, being the second flat one, but coloured out. Still, I rather want another character than another Mario. Same goes for Link, really.

Nom;
Doshin the Giant x 5.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
First.
PEOPLE ARE REALLY STILL THINKING ON PAPER MARIO AS A SEMI-CLONE? REALLY? A LÁ TOON LINK? OMG PLEASE PLAY ALL PAPER MARIO GAMES AGAIN AND VISIT THE PAPER MARIO THREAD

Daisy
Chance: 5% (5/100)
She is my favorite princess, but her chances are still low
Want: 80%

Paper Mario
He did get notable on some Ballot Pools, I really think we will get him and Captain Toad together. Also I think he will represent his own series. AND HE IS NOTHING LIKE MARIO!

WANT: 100%
HE IS MY MOST WANTED NEWCOMER! PLEASE THE THOUSAND YEAR DOOR IS MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Please actually give constructive opinions here
Mario's Spinoff Leftovers

Chance/Want (Both): 0%

Zeroes across the board.

Edit:
Apparently giving my rating is trolling? Well then.

I don't think either of them have any real chance to get into Smash and I don't particularly want them, either.

Is that constructive enough?

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Princess Daisy

Chance - 5%

I feel like Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Paper Mario all have some priority over her, just because they either have more relevancy (Captain Toad), or just bring more to the table than Daisy does (pretty much all of them). Don't really think she's highly requested enough to get in on that alone, either.

Want - 0%

If we're getting a Mario character based off the spinoffs, I'd just prefer it if it were Waluigi. He's a lot more enjoyable of a character than Daisy is.

Paper Mario

Chance - 15%

He brings something new to the table, and represents and pretty significant sub-franchise that isn't represented in any way in Smash right now. However, I think a lot of his chances fall off just because he tends to be outclassed by Captain Toad in terms of relevancy, and Waluigi in terms of general popularity. Also, the fact that he's another Mario, despite the fact that he'd most likely play completely differently, would turn some people away.

Want - ABSTAIN

It really depends what they do with him. If they pull solely from Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door, and even Super Paper Mario, I'd be more than down with him. However, if he does get in, I really get the feeling they'll pull heavily from Sticker Star and Color Splash, considering that seems to be the "modern" direction of Paper Mario, which would kill me to see.

Nominations: Doshin the Giant x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Daisy

Chance: 15%

She has a decent following amongst fans and is well-known as one of the main spin-off characters in the Mario spin-off games, but competition with the popular candidates like Captain Toad, Waluigi (who I feel is a major competitor for her in the Mario spin-off rep department), and Paper Mario for the next Mario slot do hold her down.

Want: 20%

Eh, I remember using her a lot in Mario Kart Wii, but that was mainly because she was one of the best characters to use in that game. Other than that, I got other characters I prefer over her.

------

Paper Mario

Chance: 20%

He is the star of a pretty iconic Mario spin-off series with a solid Smash following, but his recent games haven't been looking so good for our paper hero. He also has competition with the likes of Captain Toad, Waluigi, and arguably Daisy for the next Mario slot. Paper Mario did get a stage in Smash 3DS though, so this could mean something for the future.

Want: 45%

I've had fond memories of the older Paper Mario titles (Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite games of all time after all), and I think he's got a lot of great moveset potential for something unique, but he's not exactly the character I'm totally rooting for.

------

Predictions

Pichu (Pokemon): 2.43%

His time has passed.

Young Link (The Legend of Zelda): 5.34%

He has the Majora's Mask remake in his favor, but for the most part, his time too has passed.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy and Paper Mario: 15%
There's a "pack" of potential Mario characters now.
There's Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Daisy, Waluigi and Geno and then Pauline maybe, if relevancy truly is everything and magical.
And they all have things going for them, and also have things against them. Sakurai might not pick a Mario character, even (which I think has 20% chance)

Daisy want: 80%
Yeah I want her to happen.
No she doesn't compete with Waluigi with the non-existent "spin-off slot"
Just like Rosalina is a puppeteer first, gravity deity second and "Super Mario Galaxy rep" third, Daisy's energetic, technical and brawler-in-a-dress moveset would be radically different from Waluigi's lean-mean-machine moves.
I also want Waluigi in, so I don't get the eternal feud between the two.

Daisy and Waluigi would represent Mario Sports as much as Wario represents WarioWare. In spirit and general feeling of their playstyle.
Focussing on Daisy, just like Wario is a "crude" version of Wario, Daisy would exist as a reflection of Peach.
Peach loves microspacing, Peach loves horizontal space and Peach loves her float line.

Daisy would like a "cruder" version of spacing, focussing on lunges and multiple air jumps to get around.
Daisy loves vertical space, like her lover Luigi, and loves her extra jump to get in combos, just like Peach loves her float to get in that Up Air.
Daisy doesn't do "lines". Daisy's spacing is not confined to a float. She's everywhere.

And that's just her ditching the float in favor of SMR's extra jump.

My ideal moveset for her revolves around either Super Mario Land's Super Ball, or the Soccer Ball item, using kicks, throws and special moves involving catching the ball and throwing it around with a special flower effect to create volleys.

Paper Mario Want: 60%
Yeah he cool

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Daisy

Chance: 1%

Doesn't meet any of the known merits.

Want: 60%

She's definitely a preferred Mario character. I used to be more for her, but I care less now.
------
Paper Mario

He's made multiple appearances throughout the years + a WiiU title.

Not after the last 2 games.

Nominations: Arle Nadja ×5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
FYI the only reason Waluigi was not on the initial schedule is just that the Daisy support thread was so huge. I would have put him on over Daisy if it wasn't so big. Either way Waluigi has a ton of noms so he should be rated in the coming weeks.

Also as a housekeeping note, the noms list is starting to get cluttered with nominations under 10, in fact it takes up a strong portion of the noms list. I will wait as it is not too big of a problem yet, but soon, most likley sometime in April, I will give a notice to nominate some of these up by a certain date, and anything under 25 will be taken off for the time being.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Daisy
Chances 15%
While I think her having a Toad B would be very awkward, I think a good half of her likelihood comes as some kind of a Peach Alt. I'm not sure if we're taking that into account in our ratings. I'm not unless I hear otherwise. Maybe they can aesthetically replace Toad with something else. That all said, I think some people are sleeping on her chances in general just a little. Popularity isn't everything, but hers is fairly significant. Few other characters that we have already rated are so recognizable among casual Nintendo fans. She doesn't have much on her resume other than being a recurring sports princess. But that's also a lot more than some small-time protagonists and secondary characters have. Who knows?

Want 20%
She's one of my go-to Mario Kart characters, and more or less my favorite of the 3 main Mario leading ladies. That doesn't mean she's a want priority of mine by any means, even among Mario series characters.

Paper Mario
Chances 35%
On paper (huh huh), he might have the best resume of any Mario character who doesn't have a Toad in his name. He has his own subseries which gets a new entry every few years. That subseries has... been very inconsistent and more or less declining in fan reception though, although even in its current state it gets pretty good sales among a casual audience in general. The whole "another" Mario thing doesn't matter much considering how different his model and moveset would be. He certainly matters more outside of Smash than Doc. In Smash Paper Mario got represented with a stage in the 3DS version last time, and has consistently received trophy and sticker (huh huh) content in Smash.

Want 100%

Predict:
Pichu 5%
Young Link 5%

Nominate:
Toad x3
Isabelle x2

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Princess Daisy

Chance: 70 %
Her inclusion in: Super Mario Run, Mario Kart gp dx, Miitopia, Mario Sports Superstars, Super Mario Land...
I think she is one of the Mario Bros characters that is most likely to be.

Want: 100 %
My favorite female character from Nintendo. She's different from the typical princess in distress. Sometimes hated for no coherent reason, loved by her fans.

Paper Mario

Chance: 35 %
If Mario gets another version of himself, it will be Paper Mario. He's from a "different" saga.

Want: 0 %
I'm not interested in a third Mario.

Daisy:

Chances: 65%

I have to say that this thread is FULL of bias against her. Did you guys even consider how much love Daisy got in Smash 4 compared to other titles? Unlike Waluigi who got a recycled Brawl assist, she got FOUR trophies in Smash 4.

Also, did you not notice that in Miitopia, an EAD developed game in 2016, chose Daisy to have a Mii costume but not Wario, Diddy Kong or Waluigi? Peach’s clear movie also had a ton of Daisy references and even Rosalina had some. Did you notice that Namco also developed Mario Sports Superstars that put Daisy in the front cover?
You forgot to put the "Want" section. Edit the comment

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Look, I'm all for you making a case for Daisy in Smash, I'd be interested in hearing a decent argument for her. Given that you gave her a 65% chance, I'm sure you've got one hell of an argument to back her up! But the things you listed consist of immobile 3D models, recolored cosmetics from a mobile game, screenshots, and game covers. This is doing nothing for your case. Half of them don't even involve Smash Brothers or Sakurai, and the other half are purely cosmetic!

If you're going to be accusing us of bias, you've gotta back up your claims with something substantial.
• Recolored cosmetics from Miitomo? What? These were for Miitopia and they are new models.

• Those immobile 3D models seem like they are not from any past game from my knowledge. Mario Party 9...maybe. But these models seem too high poly to be in another game.

• Oh and recently Namco added her to Mario Kart Arcade and Nintendo EAD added her to Mario Run (surprise, surprise, as NOT a Peach clone). One more major thing, she has an amiibo now, that was manufactured at the time when Smash Bros planning happened.

• Also, I have seen people reaching a lot in these threads to justfiy their most wanted characters. For all we know, we might not even get a new DK character because Nintendo and Sakurai might consider them to be too minor in the extended Mario universe. Diddy Kong did appear in quite a few Mario titles compared to Dixie for example, who was in a situation comparable to Ashley from WarioWare...except that fanboys sucessfully deluded the Smash fanbase into thinking they have an actual chance.

• Oh, and did I mention that the ballot might help her get in this time? In fact, I bet she did pretty well. And we have Peach and Rosalina playable, so why not add Daisy to complete the trio?

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
FYI the only reason Waluigi was not on the initial schedule is just that the Daisy support thread was so huge. I would have put him on over Daisy if it wasn't so big. Either way Waluigi has a ton of noms so he should be rated in the coming weeks.

Also as a housekeeping note, the noms list is starting to get cluttered with nominations under 10, in fact it takes up a strong portion of the noms list. I will wait as it is not too big of a problem yet, but soon, most likley sometime in April, I will give a notice to nominate some of these up by a certain date, and anything under 25 will be taken off for the time being.
I respond to your comment. Daisy has "real" fans. Waluigi has more "casual" fans, most people love Waluigi for being a meme. At the moment of truth, they don't care about Waluigi's inclusion in the final roster, because it's not his favorite, he's just laughter.
I think in this, because of the incoherent opinions of Waluigi's inclusion motives before Daisy, when both are more or less at the same level. That's why Waluigi's post have much less visualization.
My opinion, I can be wrong.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
• Recolored cosmetics from Miitomo? What? These were for Miitopia and they are new models.
And this is a factor for Daisy...why?

• Those immobile 3D models seem like they are not from any past game from my knowledge. Mario Party 9...maybe. But these models seem too high poly to be in another game.
Getting a costume based on her in a non-Smash game means nothing. Seriously, if this is one of the things you think helps Daisy, you're grasping at straws.

• Oh and recently Namco added her to Mario Kart Arcade and Nintendo EAD added her to Mario Run (surprise, surprise, as NOT a Peach clone). One more major thing, she has an amiibo now, that was manufactured at the time when Smash Bros planning happened.
I think it says more that she wasn't in Mario Kart Arcade to begin with.

And adding her to a failing mobile endeavor isn't exactly a high point...

Ah, and who could forget her amiibo, found in the clearance section of every WalMart by the dozen.

• Also, I have seen people reaching a lot in these threads to justfiy their most wanted characters. For all we know, we might not even get a new DK character because Nintendo and Sakurai might consider them to be too minor in the extended Mario universe. Diddy Kong did appear in quite a few Mario titles compared to Dixie for example, who was in a situation comparable to Ashley from WarioWare...except that fanboys sucessfully deluded the Smash fanbase into thinking they have an actual chance.
Are you implying Dixie has no chance? Honestly at this point you just seem bitter. Dixie at least has obvious moveset potential and actual importance to her series. If anyone is deluded, it isn't the Dixie fanbase.

• Oh, and did I mention that the ballot might help her get in this time? In fact, I bet she did pretty well. And we have Peach and Rosalina playable, so why not add Daisy to complete the trio?
There's no proof she did well in the ballot so this means literally nothing.

I respond to your comment. Daisy has "real" fans. Waluigi has more "casual" fans, most people love Waluigi for being a meme. At the moment of truth, they don't care about Waluigi's inclusion in the final roster, because it's not his favorite, he's just laughter.
I think in this, because of the incoherent opinions of Waluigi's inclusion motives before Daisy, when both are more or less at the same level. That's why Waluigi's post have much less visualization.
This just seems like gate keeping. Who are you to judge whether or not Waluigi has "real" fans? People are passionate about Waluigi.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

Getting a costume based on her in a non-Smash game means nothing. Seriously, if this is one of the things you think helps Daisy, you're grasping at straws.

Ah, and who could forget her amiibo, found in the clearance section of every WalMart by the dozen.

Are you implying Dixie has no chance? Honestly at this point you just seem bitter. Dixie at least has obvious moveset potential and actual importance to her series. If anyone is deluded, it isn't the Dixie fanbase.

This just seems like gate keeping. Who are you to judge whether or not Waluigi has "real" fans? People are passionate about Waluigi.
Real and casual adjectives are in inverted commas. Neither do I have to be right, I have only commented my point of view, from what I see in many forums. I don't care exactly.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It’s late so I’ll post later, but I’m just wondering what this means
Like what? I’m terms of personality? Lmao
Yeah. She's not like most female characters on the roster and i'd think she could stand out even as a semi-clone.

D

Deleted member

IMG_20180213_140850.png

(Replace "cringe" with ****ty smash speculation takes)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Flower Girl

Want: 75%

Daisy and Waluigi are in the same boat, and I'd like to see either or both of them get in. For all of the Mario movesets we have, we don't have much representing the Mario spinoffs - Kart, Party, Sports, etc. - so that's plenty for either of them. I think I'd marginally prefer Daisy just because one of my favorite things to do is see the princesses fight in their full out ballgowns just because it's funny. My college roommate and I would spend hours doing Zelda/Peach brawls just because of that.

At the very least, make her an alt with her own name and voice clips, but Daisy is canonically not Peach in any way.

BTW: that picture you used for her is horrifying. She looks like she's going to suck out my soul or something:laugh:

Flatman

A 2-D character who uses a hammer? So :gawmelee:? Honestly, haven't played any of the Paper series, but I'd rather see Daisy AND Waluigi before any other Mario characters.

Prediction for Melee clones: 5.4% each
Nom: :mewtwomelee: x10 (Thanks RH Guys!)

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Daisy

She is a... Interesting position... Daisy and Waluigi are the characters that personality wise represent the best the kind of feel the Mario Sports Games; been both members of the Mario Cast of playable characters already makes them iconic and without a doubt that can help them.

Compared with Waluigi, Daisy has a better resumé as a playable character (or a character in general) than Waluigi; in exchange Waluigi is the overall most popular character and had become more meme worthy in the last years compared with Daisy.

So.yeah; I can give them too different Chance rates because of my reasoning.

Chance: 15%

She is the kind of character would appear if she is Lucky enough... She lives more from iconness than uniqueness compared with other characters... So yeah.

Want: 60%

In one hand she isn't exactly the most unique Mario option... In the other hand; I actually like her more than most of the Mario Cast (I think I only like more or around the same... Wario, Luigi, Rosalina and Waluigi)

Paper Mario:

This character is kind in a opposite direction... Paper Mario (ironically) lives of his uniqueness and his beloved (not so much nowadays) sub series.

Chance: 25%

He is interesting without a doubt, and would be appealing to Sakurai.

I need to see him in action before leave my neutrality.

Prediction time!

Pichu: 3.6%
Y Link: 7.5%

Nominations time!:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x3
Celica (Fire Emblem) x2

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings

If you look at the selected costumes in Miitopia, you would realise that it only consists of characters Nintendo think are important to their series. There are only 4 Animal Crossing characters picked alongside the sixteen possible ones. Splatoon was a massive hit for Nintendo so they were included. Ness was from a cult classic game. Daisy was included over Wario, Diddy Kong and Waluigi in that game, even though a Wario/Waluigi costume would be much much easier to do. This game was developed in the time when Smash Bros. planning might have been done.

They also shipped more Daisy, Boo and Rosalina amiibo than the other amiibo in Japan - these were the only three amiibo that were added to the badge arcade after Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad and Bowser.

The fact that Namco went back and added her to a very old game that did not get updated for a long time, and did not make her a clone in that game or their sports projects makes me hopeful.

Oh, and I absoultely think that Waluigi has real fans.

Last edited:

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Man I can't wait for Waluigi day. It will definitely be a blast. :p
I expect a low chance from him too because of the “spin-off” stigma, which is a real shame because I think they both geniunely have a shot this time around.

Last edited:

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
-Daisy-

Chance: 10%
So much better options for a Mario rep, moveset and character wise. Pity 10% for the supposed "popularity".

Ugh.

-Paper Mario-

Chance: 35%
Series continuously got games even if the direction it took hasn't pleased most of its fanbase. In terms of Mario rep I'd say he's slightly less popular than Waluigi, so he's a solid 2nd in my mind.

Want: 40%
Maybe I would want him more if the travesty that was Sticker Star didn't happen. It's hard personally to look fondly at that character nowadays because he honestly feels like a shadow of his former self, but maybe that Smash boost is actually what he'd need to go back to his former glory, somehow. I guess in terms of Mario newcomers I couldn't complain, and he could be fun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you look at the selected costumes in Miitopia, you would realise that it only consists of characters Nintendo think are important to their series. There are only 4 Animal Crossing characters picked alongside the sixteen possible ones. Splatoon was a massive hit for Nintendo so they were included. Ness was from a cult classic game. Daisy was included over Wario, Diddy Kong and Waluigi in that game, even though a Wario/Waluigi costume would be much much easier to do. This game was developed in the time when Smash Bros. planning might have been done.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are Mii costumes, right? So couldn't it just be that they wanted an ample selection of male and female characters for male and female Miis? I just don't think it means a whole lot.

They also shipped more Daisy, Boo and Rosalina amiibo than the other amiibo in Japan - these were the only three amiibo that were added to the badge arcade after Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad and Bowser.
Shipped or sold? Because I can believe they shipped a lot of them, with how many I see, but are there actual sales figures?

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are Mii costumes, right? So couldn't it just be that they wanted an ample selection of male and female characters for male and female Miis? I just don't think it means a whole lot.

Shipped or sold? Because I can believe they shipped a lot of them, with how many I see, but are there actual sales figures?
The Mario line sold > 100,000 figures in Japan in late 2016 (Media Create White Book)

Paper Mario:

I am still very shocked that people think Sakurai would add THREE Marios in the game. Absolutely not. Smash Bros is not desperate for other characters that are ACTUALLY other characters, especially in the Mario franchise. I can only see him get in if Intelligent Systems pushes him somehow.

Terrible choice. This would be the equivalent for cutting Diddy Kong for Metal Mario in terms of how awful it would be. Sure, it has novelty, but at the end of the day, Paper Mario is still very much Mario.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Mario line sold > 100,000 figures in Japan in late 2016 (Media Create White Book)

Paper Mario:

I am still very shocked that people think Sakurai would add THREE Marios in the game. Absolutely not. Smash Bros is not desperate for other characters that are ACTUALLY other characters, especially in the Mario franchise. I can only see him get in if Intelligent Systems pushes him somehow.

Terrible choice. This would be the equivalent for cutting Diddy Kong for Metal Mario in terms of how awful it would be. Sure, it has novelty, but at the end of the day, Paper Mario is still very much Mario.
But how much of that is Daisy specifically? There are tons of figures in the Mario line, so that number is likely getting divided by quite a bit.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I dunno mate. Daisy appears in a sum total of one main series Mario game - no, I haven't counted the mobile game. Dixie is a playable character in 3 of them. She's not only far more important to her franchise than Daisy has ever been, she's also had the appearances to give her an actual inspiration for a moveset.

By the way it feels like it defeats the point to rag on about deluded DK fans and then argue the ballot as justification, because if they're deluded you're just demonstrably suffering the same symptoms.

...anyway, guess I should actually RTC...

Paper Mario

Chance: 20%

I don't think it's impossible but it's unlikely. I would expect Toad in first as he appears in the main games, whereas Paper Mario is a spin off.

Want: 25%

I don't really know the character or what he could do, but I'm not particularly opposed to him.

Daisy

As a low effort costume swap of Peach, but even still I feel this is pushing it given Daisy is pretty much relegated to a Mario Kart palette swap by this point. She was very quickly pushed to one side in favour of Rosalina and I can see her being pushed even further back by Pauline (who I also don't see as likely).

What is it with this character? She's a spin off character with no relevance to the main series beyond a game released in 1989. She was dead for a decade before being brought back as a character in 2000 Power Tennis, and since then has been a filler in Mario sports games. She has no demonstrable moveset outside of filler abilities for Mario sports games, and if you're going to make a character hinging on self parody then Waluigi pulls it off better. Daisy would make a fun alt for Peach - even then with some issues like Toad - but nothing more.

Top Bottom