• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Pichu
Chance: 5%
Maybe Pichu can be a Pikachu skin.

Want: 5%
I'm not interested.

Young Link
Chance: 0%
Young Link has no possibility whatsoever regarding the current Link, Toon Link or Link (Breath of the Wild).

Want: 0%
Absolutely not.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Young Link:younglinkmelee:

Chance: 10%

BOTW Link will likely play alot differently than Link in the previous Smash games. Therefore Young Link might not have to deal with the clone issue anymore. He will again have to compete with Toon Link however, which I don't see Young triumphing.

Want: 55%

Oot was my first Zelda, so I'd be okay.

Pichu:pichumelee:

Chance: 1%
With the inclusion of a Gen 7 Mon being almost guaranteed, some people pushing for the return of :squirtle:&:ivysaur:, the fact that we also have to take the possible return of all the Pokemon playable in Smash 4 into account and the general lack of relevancy and popularity I don't think there's any room left for this little guy. Only chance of Pichu making it is if they try to have an full out Smash Reunion, which I don't see happening.

Want: 20%

No personal connection to this Mon, I don't even think I unlocked him in Melee.

Predictions: Rash-C 32.68%

Nominations: Hades x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh my! Where are the MM fans now?

Oh well...

Pichu:

Never say never, he is still a veteran after all

Want: 50%

Well... people like it, and it's cute.

Young Link:

Oh my... 0% sounds extreme? Yeah... but.... I personally believe this Link only exists to represent the Child Link... and Toon Link does that job better and Sakurai probably thinks the same.

It feels... pointless.

Predicion time!

Crash Bandicoooot!: 34.5% (This character is popular, but dealing with his license will be pure gambling xD)

Nominations:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x3
Celica (Fire Emblem) x2

D

Deleted member

Pichu
Chance: 3%
Pichu is still a vet, and he does have potential as a high risk/high reward character that's relatively easy to make. All he needs is for his electric moves to be really strong/have good utility in exchange for the recoil.

Want: 100%
My most wanted cut veteran. I just love the guy.​

Young Link
Chance & Want: 0%
Toon Link effectively replaced him.​

Crash Prediction: 33.54%

Nominations: Tingle x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The pre-evolution baby of Pika-Pika;

Pichu;

There is nothing saying it's impossible. Sakurai might look back onto the Smash series, and re-vision the earlier cut cast, and make them great. If Switch has anything to go by, maybe this will be the time, all the previous ones would come back?

Want: 65%

No doubt that the concept of a Glass Canon was interesting. Pichu deserves to come back, being a character that is strong, light, but is also gambling by using. It was not excecuted well in Melee, but maybe it could be now?

Found in Kokiri Forest, return elf if found;

Young Link;

Chance 5%

Now, why on earth would I give him a chance? Hear me out!

We do not know the status of Breath of the Wild Link, but if and that's a big IF, BotW Link is a newcomer utulizing moves from the game, I could easily see that both Toon Link and Young Link would return. What we know from Smash 4, is how different Link and Toon Link has become. What if Young Link would gain classic Link's current moveset, while gaining a new final Smash regarding the masks perhaps?

Want: 40%

^
If my theory is not that Farfetch'd then I could see this happening, and I would welcome it.

Nomi;
Lip PDP x 5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Pichu

Chance - 1%

He isn't popular or relevant, and he even wasn't considered for Brawl, despite Dr. Mario and Roy having cut data. He really just has no reason to return. He has somewhat of a meme status, I guess?

Want - 20%

I'd most likely give him a 0% in any other situation, but he was my little brother's favorite character when we used to play Smash together years ago, so I guess he'd be nice to have just for memories sake.

Young Link

Chance - 0%

I generally try to avoid giving 0% chances with my scores in RTC, just because there's always that part of Sakurai and Friends that absolutely adores to pull a "WTF?" on people. However, I feel like I can safely say that Young Link is dead.

I feel like Toon Link is coming back for certain in Smash 5, just because Link is now rocking a Breath of the Wild look, and could very well be bringing a slightly revamped moveset with him. In the case that BotW Link does pull some new moves from BotW, Toon Link would easily remain just so that old fans of Link could still play around with his older moveset. Not to mention, he still represents a significant amount of games, with Wind Waker, Wind Waker HD, the Four Swords games, the GBA Zeldas, the DS Zeldas, and somewhat represents the 3DS LttP-esqe games as well. Young Link doesn't really represent anything, aside from half of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and their respective 3DS remakes.

Even with the idea of a Majora's Mask based moveset, there's no real reason to pull that because Majora's Mask hasn't been relevant in a super long time, and I don't think the 3DS remake really made that big of a difference, just because of how hard BotW has overshadowed it in recent times. He was only in Melee because he was the hot stuff at the time, and now he isn't. If there was a BotW equivalent of him, I'd probably have some higher hopes, but that isn't the case.

My point is, Toon Link isn't getting cut, and in the case he IS cut, no clone will be replacing him.

Want - 0%

We got two Links that have similar movesets already. I'll hold off on a third, thanks.

Nominations:
Lip (Panel de Pon) x5

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Pichu
Chances:
0%

With so many interesting Pokémon to put in the game, why put a clone of Pikachu?

Young Link
Chances:
10%
Want: 30%

The point here is to understand that they could give a wonderful and different Moveset to him and make him a unique and very cool character! But I'm pretty sure they're going to make him another clone, so I do not think it's worth it.

Nomination: Agumon x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Pichu

Chance: .1%
Unless Nintendo plans to bring back all veterans from Melee, Pichu's got nyothing nya.

Want: 85%
It's just too freaking nyadorable nya!! How it runs into battle and gets destroyed in under 5 hits nya! So cute nya! Must have one in every smash game nya!! :nifty:

Young Link

Chance: .01
Toon Link was basically Young Links replacement nya, I don't nyo what else to say nya. I just don't see it happening nya.

Want: 65%
My least wanted veteran to return nya. I like N64 Zelda games nyalot, and seeing them represented in smash even nyao is a treat nya... but OoT nyalready has Sheik as its rep, and if Nintendo were to give MM a playable rep, I'd hope it's Skullkid nya. Nyalso I'd rather nyot see 3 slots with Links name on it nya.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Young Link

Chance - 0%
A zero. I never give this to anyone except fourth party characters. Why the zero for him, then? Easy. Conceptually, he has been replaced by Toon Link. Toon is the graphical update ala TP and now BOTW Link. The fire arrow is irrelevant as Link's Boomerang changed between Melee and Brawl but it remains the same character.

As for a unique move set, no veteran has ever gotten an overhaul to the level that people want for this character. If/When they do that, they won't waste their resources on a character cut two iterations ago and not even planned to appear since.

Want - 0%
Got Toon Link.

Pichu

Chance - 1%
Only one way he gets in - late clone due to lack of time. Since we haven't had a late clone added to the game that wasn't originally an alt since Melee and the development time for this game is much bigger than said game, those chances are unlikely.

A Pichu alt turned character wouldn't make sense. They have different proportions and sizes and if Sakurai wanted this he would have been in like Dr. Mario in Smash 4. Only way in is he is planned in - and that 1% reflects those chances to me.

Want - 55%
Yeah I like the little guy. He had some charm!

Crash: 18.4%

Noms: Black Shadow x3, Phoenix Wright x2

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pichu
Chance: 2%
It was seemingly cut outright as it was not present at all in Brawl's data, and in terms of popularity it seems to be by far the most lacking of the bunch. In general its merits are very weak and there are many veterans that would likely take priority over it.

Want: 25%
The gimmick was cute, but there are many other Pokémon and veterans that I'd prefer to be playable before it.

Young Link
Toon Link effectively took the position of 'younger link' from him conceptually and gameplay-wise, there's not much of a role he can fill anymore.

I like OoT and MM, but I prefer Toon Link and I don't want a third Link.

Nominations: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
PICHU
Chance -5%

Considering Sakurai isn't super keen on reintroducing clones, the chances are very low. And b4 you say "but Dr Mario" he actally plays quite differently and can be treated as "near semi-clone" If Pichu does similar route, there IS chance, but small. He doesn't rly have a reason to come.

Want -30%
I'd rather avoid clones, tho Pichu damaging himself was a cool concept, so if he got declonised at least to Falco level, I'd be fine. Just make him super glass cannon or something. Otherwise, I'd rather not.

YOUNG LINK
Chance -2%.

Similar story to Pichu except he has one more problem. There are 2 Links already. Tho he could be VERY unique if they used his Majora's Mask, well... masks xd. But that being very unlikely and more likely would be him still a clone, yeah.

Want -40%.
Again similar to Pichu except I would totally NOT mind a moveset based on those masks. That would be a cool thing. Otherwise, we don't need 3 (4? if new Link is separate character but I hope not) Links.

Prediction -Crash 40%

Nomination -Lana x5.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Pichu
Not only is Pichu not really relevant anymore, there's a ton of other Pika clones they could add instead.

Pichu is cute, but I'd rather have new Pokemon (ie: new movesets).

Young Link
Toon Link is essentially his replacement and that's fine. Unless for some reason Sakurai decides now is the time to add in a mask based Young Link.

Want: 15%
If he came in with a mask moveset, I wouldn't mind seeing him, but at the same time there are other Zelda characters I would prefer.

Crash prediction: 40%

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x2, Celica x3

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Pichu

No chance in hell of this character coming back.

Young Link

I think it's generally accepted that Toon Link is Young Link's replacement.

I nominate Mike Jones x5.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Pichu

Chance: 25% - after being absent for the last 2 games, and only having appeared in 1 smash game. (not to mention Pikachu stealing his goggles) I don't feel like the little guy's chacnes are that high at returning. but any veteran has potential. and at least Pichu had the unique "can't control his electricity so he hurts himself" gimmick. for better or worse.

Want: 12% - I liked using Pichu, he was actually one of my mains in Melee, but I'm not too torn up about him not being in smash anymore and him not getting in this one wouldn't upset me too much. but I would still be happy to see him back.

Young Link

Chance: 10% - I really don't see him as being likely at all. but I know never to completely count someone out. but yeah, his chances are pretty low since there's already 2 Links in the game. and Toon Link already fills the Smaller, Younger Link slot.

Want: 5% - Any fist party character that gets cut i feel would be nice to see again. but he's probably my least wanted lost vet. with his Melee moveset at least. if they were to redesign him based on Majora's Mask's transformations or something I'd want him back much much more.

Crash Prediction: 63%

Nominations
Qbby x4
Banjo and Kazooie x1

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:younglinkmelee:

Chances: 3%

Can only see him in as a last minute clone

Sorry. YL is pretty much taken over by Toon Link so I don't see YL coming back nor do we need a third Link

:pichumelee:

Chances: 15%

See YL above

Want: 80%

I'd like for Pichu to come back as he was one of my mains in Melee. That and I enjoy the 2nd gen Pokemon as a joke character. Major lulzy

Prediction on Crash: 63.6%

Nominations

Zangoose x4
Zeraora

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Young Link

Chances: 1%
Want: 50% (If de-cloned) 0% (if the same)

YL has a lot stacked against him. Not only is he a straight clone, but he was effectively replaced by Toon Link anyway. The only reason that I would want him back is if they redesigned him entirely to utilize the masks from Majora's Mask.

Pichu

Chances: 1%

If they add Pichu as a skin for Pikachu, I am fine with that, otherwise its a no from me dawg.

Nominations:
Skullkid (LOZ:MM) x3
Ray 01 (Custom Robo) x2

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pichu

Firstly I find it unlikely Gamefreak would ever push Pichu back into the limelight, as even whilst Kanto Pokemon still get promoted, the rest of the Pokemon outside whatever is current gen rarely get a look in. Pichu recieves no merchandise these days nor special treatment anymore.

Which is understandable since he isn't revelant right now(he's the poster child for gen 2...we're now on gen 7) and unfortunately with the masses NOT popular so he's unlikely to have recieved much love from the ballot. Unlike every other veteran in Melee, Pichu was never planned to return in Brawl either so even Sakurai doesn't like him much. That 5% is just in case all veterans return.

In fact he's unfairly referred to by some as the worst character ever in Smash. Which is a shame because...

Want: 60%
Outside of Roy, Pichu was the only clone I actually enjoyed playing as. As a rule I've always had a soft spot for joke characters in fighters, and Pichu is technically a lethal joke character(which are even better). The ultimate disrespect of victory against an opponent so bad you decide to help them by hurting yourself to even the odds only to still win? That's carthartic man!

I'm not sure if Pichu was supposed to, but his grabs and throws felt far more satisfying to pull off to me than Pikachu, and even his quick attack recovery felt a little easier to pull off.

Whilst a very minor point I adored his outfits too. The little green backpack and the blue goggles will forever have a soft spot in my heart.

Young Link
Chance: 0.5%

Okay, even if all veterans return I feel like Young Link is likely to. He's kind of Toon Link now. I also don't feel Majora's Mask is as game changing a game that it deserves a whole representative to itself unlike Ocarina with Sheik. For what it's worth I prefer Majora to Ocarina, but there's no doubt one had a significantly bigger impact and became THE Zelda game.

I don't even like Young Link existing in Hyrule Warriors and that's exclusively for the Zelda cast. Even more when it's Link, Young Link AND Toon Link. Link overkill!
Overall I greatly dislike duplicates of characters on rosters. Yes, I'm aware these Links are different guys, but they're still "Link" and thus the reincarnated soul of one person.

This unfortunately spreads to pretty much everything; Mario Kart 8 annoyed me no end with Mario/Baby Mario/Tanooki Mario/Metal Mario and Peach/Baby Peach/Cat Peach/Pink Gold Peach taking up so many racers, Hyrule Warriors irritates me with Zelda, Sheik, Toon Zelda and Tetra on the same roster, Dragonball FighterZ still has two Gokus, two Vegetas and two Gohans(and two Buus but that one's a special case) with rumour of another Goku and another Vegeta on the way(seriously why?), and even Smash gets my dander up with Doc/Mario, Zelda/Sheik, Link/Toon Link and Samus/ZSS all on the same roster.

No I don't care if he can transform into a Deku Scrub, a Zora and a Goron, it's STILL the same soul in another mask. Pichu, before people ask, could still be a different guy entirely from Pikachu and coexist at the same time. Link doesn't have that luxury.

It's a personal thing I'm aware, and many play super different from one another, but I'd rather have a different character from their series instead of two of the same person in different clothes or art styles.

Talking of which:

Nomination: Concept: Zelda Newcomer X 5

Crash Bandicoot prediction: 47%

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Young Link

Chance: 15%

Want: 20%

He's more or less been replaced by Toon Link. So I don't think he'll be returning any time soon. And I do prefer his Wind Waker/Toon incarnation.

Pichu

Chance: 15%

His sole purpose is being a joke character. H wasn't even on the scrapped characters list for Brawl.

Prediction

Crash: 31.77%

Nomination

Lucas x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Pichu
------
Young Link

Chance: 40%

He would make an easy addition as a last-minute clone, he's recognizable due to being Link, and he remains relevant because of the 3D remakes and Hyrule Warriors.

Want: 2%

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Nominations:
Andy x 5

Also PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal , I swear I'm not going back and checking stuff, I really don't want to be the guy who's double checking the work of dedicated members like yourselves. I swear this is just coincidence...

but

...I was checking the Page 1 posts to inform my Crash prediction and noticed (because it's at the top of the post above the previous results post I'm not looking for this stuff I swear):

Which has Andy at the same number as your updated list, but not other characters, and I know I voted Andy. I'm really sorry to be this nitpicky person the second time in a row. I know it's a tough job and you both do it well. I just...well I'm an Andy fan...my boi...
Ah, it's actually pretty simple, what happened, I mean. You posted your Daisy and PM ratings--as well as your Andy noms--before my update that day. Because of my schedule, I can't always put the update up right after Phantom's end-of-day post. As a result, I just add any noms posts up until my update post to that update, even if they're part of posts for the next day. That way, my update posts serve as a "marker" for where I should pick up the next count.

So your noms on your Daisy post were already added. That's why he's at 192. And, shockingly enough, no one else nominated him anywhere between my last two updates--no joke, take a look yourself. I'm honestly surprised nobody voted for him. You all should be ashamed, letting down the army, lol!

While I'm talking about noms, I'm just gonna let you all know that I won't be available to update the list tonight, and possibly for a while after...life stuff, you know. I've let TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom know, which I really feel bad about, as I know he's really swamped lately. But when it rains, it pours, as they say.

So the list may stagnate for a bit, unless Phantom can get to it...sorry guys!

I'll do some rating, real quick...

Pichu

Yeah, ten. There aren't any clones of the most popular Pokemon on the roster. That leaves this spot sorta open. Plus, he was a joke character once, and he could be again. It would take little to no effort. Still, I don't see it as extremely likely.

Want: 1%

I didn't HATE him. But I don't think he should return.

Young Link

Replaced by Toon Link, who actually represents a much more significant part of zelda--the Toon part. Young Link is now redundant.

Why? I never cared for him to begin with, lol.

Prediction: Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 55%

Nominations

Marx x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Young Link & Pichu
Chance/Want: 0%
No one really wants to see these characters back and in Young Link's case, he's been replaced so there's practically no chance of ever seeing them again.

noms: Tethu X5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pichu
Chances: 25%
Pichu isn't relevant at all anymore but Pichu really doesn't need promotional activities to get in over other Pokemon because they're a veteran, and Pichu's got the big selling point of taking next to no effort to implement, I don't think it's really unlikely they'd re-add Pichu.
Want: 90%
Pichu is unironically my most wanted cut veteran, yes, he'd probably be a joke character again but that's a good thing for me, if they're really dead set on having at least one character be intentionally bad, it'd be very convenient for me if that character wasn't Jigglypuff. Also, I love playing as Pichu, he's a blast to play as.
:172:

Young Link
Chances: 15%
Almost the same situation as Pichu except Toon Link is pretty much a flat-out replacement and I think that really hurts his chances.
I don't care for Young Link at all but they're a veteran and I know some people who do care about the character.

Predictions: Crash 33%
Nominations: Dark Matter Blade x 5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Wow! Three double days in a row! Were on FIRE!

Pichu

Chance- 15%
Speaks for itself. Unless Sakurai goes crazy and brings back everyone, I really don't see Pichu escaping the fists of better Melee characters.

Want- 50%
It would be fun to pummel again! :grin: And veterans are always welcome in my book.

Young Link
Chances-10%
See above. Maybe they could revamp him as a Majoras Mask character, but thats unlikely.

Want- 50%
Veterans are cool, and I like him more than Toon Link, but I don't like him enough to want 3 Links.

Wumpa Rat- 53.96%

Scorpion X 4
Doomguy X 1

D

Deleted member

:pichumelee:

I don't think anyone would want a self-damage-inflicting character again nowadays.

Gen 2 bias, but that's it.

:younglinkmelee:

:toonlink:

:4tlink:

Nominations:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Crash prediction:
42.8%

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Young Link

I don’t believe any Nintendo character has absolutely no chance at being added considering how unpredictable Sakurai is... But Young Link is as close as they come to that. He was entirely replaced by Toon Link, who is both more visually distinct and represents more of the series as a whole. Even if Link got an entire moveset overhaul, there would be no reason to bring YL out of retirement.

I much prefer Toon Link, thanks. :4tlink:

Pichu

Pichu is a veteran, an easy clone, and a bearer of some popularity, so it’s not completely out of the question...

...But I certainly wouldn’t consider it likely, either.

Why not? It’s not like it would take any development time to bring ol’ Pichu back into the mix since it’s a clone, and it’d be fun to have Smash’s favorite joke character back into the fold. I wouldn’t be ecstatic, but I would find it pretty funny.

Predictions:
Crash- 36%
I have a feeling things are gonna get pretty mixed tomorrow.

Noms:
Henry Fleming x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chances - 1% for Young Link, 2% for Pichu.
Neither is impossible, but neither deserves it whatsoever in 2018.

Want - 0% for both
I'm all for a giant 80-character roster but these guys are all filler in their Melee state, especially Young Link without adopting Masks (which is a different concept if technically the same character)

Predictions:
Crash - 30%

Nominations:
Sylux x4
Balloon Fighter x1

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
Pichu
Chances: 33%
Being a Melee veteran helps, but being a clone hinders it. Still, Roy and Dr. Mario came back, so who knows.
Want: 70%
Lil guy is my go to in Melee. It's adorable to play as and weirdly hard to hit. I like it.

Young Link
Chances: 21%
Melee and clone, as noted above, but Toon Link fills his niche pretty well. Still, if Sakurai felt like the difference was good enough (like Lucina v Marth), there's a chance.
Let me waste some fools as Fierce Deity.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Pichu

A last second clone that not a lot of people clamor for. Also, its recoil gimmick has been used since by things like Charizard's Flare Blitz, and as the central gimmick to a character would be better served for someone like Celica. Basically, the only chance I see is if Sakurai decides to just dump all clones possible into this game, which I don't think is very likely.

I'm good, there are a bunch of pokemon I'd much rather get in.

Young Link

He was turned into toon link, so in a way I'd actually say he has about an 80% chance, but yeah. Unless they decide to either, like pichu, go ham with clones, OR give us a Majora's Mask based revamp of Young Link, I don't see it happening.

Said Majora's Mask revamp would be pretty welcome, but as a straight clone port from melee, I'm much more of a Toon Link fan.

Prediction for Crash: 29%

Nominate: Elma x 3 / Phoenix Wright x 2

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Pichu

Chance: 8% - He'd be easy to clone off of Pikachu, and carries the weight of Gen 2 on his tiny, tiny shoulders, but neither of those are particularly impressive resume items. Only way I see him coming back is if Sakurai specifically aims to bring back every veteran in Smash Switch. It could happen if this game started as a port, but even then, I wouldn't count on him. There's too much competition in Pokemon for him to get in on his own merits, so a veterans reunion is his only hope.

Want: 60% - I'm a supporter of every vet, but amongst them I can't say I'd be too broken up if Pichu didn't make it. I'd much rather Squirtle and Ivysaur return if we're talking cut Pokemon vets.

Young Link

Chance: 4% - Yikes. Poor guy is one of the few characters to ever get outright replaced by another. Even if Sakurai did do a full vets reunion, Young Link might not even make it. Sakurai didn't even give Toon Link a newcomer banner back in the Brawl days, so that says a lot about what Toon Link's continued presence means for this lil guy.

Want: 65% - Still support every vet, including this guy. He's definitely the underdog amongst all of the cut vets, and if Sakurai really does go for vet reunion, I'd feel really bad if he was the only one left out in the cold. It's bad enough when people leave him out of big group artwork with all the vets just because Toon Link is hangin around. Masks would be a great way to revitalize the character, but that's too much effort for such little reward.

Predictions

Crash: 39.12% - He's not going to enter into the running properly until DLC due to his biggest boon's timing, but hype from the announcement will most likely boost people's perception of his chances tomorrow.

Nominations: Dark Matter Blade x 5

slambros

Smash Ace
Pichu & Young Link

Chance (for both): 1%
They might come back, but I doubt it if they haven't already.

Want (for both): 100%
I'm the type that roots for all the veterans to come back.

Predictions:
Crash - 34.26%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

:171:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pichu

Chance - 0% - The only non-clone who wasn't planed for Brawl. I don't see what has changed to make him more likely.

Want - 0% - No joke characters, please.

Young Link

Chance - 0.05% - Maybe, but unless the mask moveset is really something that they have been rooting for, I don't think it'll happen. We have Toon Link already

Want - 0% - Two Links are enough.

Predictions

Crash Bandicoot - 26.45% - I dunno, but I think the remakes on the switch are a bit too late.

Nomiations

Anna X5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Young Link

Pichu

Crash Bandicoot prediction: 25%

Nominations

Funky Kong x5

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Young Link

I am rarely going to give 0% chance ratings, but this is one of them. Young Link, for all intents and purposes, became Toon Link. Getting Young Link back as a separate character slot is not going to happen.

Toon Link is better

Pichu

I mean... technically the little guy is possible, but when Doctor Mario, a COSTUME CHANGE, is brought back as a character over Pichu, it's clear that Pichu has little to no priority to be reintroduced into Smash Brothers.

I'll admit, I have a soft spot for the little guy. He's adorable, and it's fun to beat people with an objectively bad character.

Prediction for Crash: 41%

Nominating Waluigi x5

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Young Link

Changes - 10%
Want - 0%

Pichu
Chances - 30%
Want - 5%

I'm being a bit nicer to Pichu since he's a Pokemon. Otherwise, I don't see these two happening, especially as Toon Link is Young Link and they are using Toon Link's design here and there (such as Tri-Force Heroes)

EDIT: Since I get how the nominations are working, gonna try and get some interesting characters moving
Henry Flemming X4
Nia/Dromarch X1 (I'm going to get these characters there given time)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Never thought this would happen but

Chance and want is 0%

Toon link is the murderer of young link of smash

And pichu was not a hype character at all and no way it will be a alt skin for pikachu

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Young Link Chance and Want 0%: Toon Link killed him, there is no reason for there to be 3 Links.

Pichu Chance 1.5%: Dr. Mario did happen I guess, and a joke character is a decent niche. At least it doesn't have Pikachu literally in the name.

Pichu Want 0%: Baby Pokemon are one of the worst ideas Pokemon has ever had. Pikachu should already be the "baby."

Predict Crash 20%

Nominate Blue Bowser x2
Nominate Fawful x3

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Day 120: Pichu and Young Link
Already? :alakadoof:

Pichu chances: 5%
The only cut characters I think are very likely to return are the Ice Climbers. But at least there's the possibility of a low effort clone.

Pichu want: 0%
I don't like its self damaging gimmick and even though they could get rid of it I still don't care at all.

Young Link chances: 1%
:4tlink:
Nuff said.

Young Link want: 0%
I think Young Link is fine in Melee but Toon Link makes for a good replacement in more recent entries by doing what YL does in addition to representing the artstyle diversity of the series.

Crash prediction: 25.33%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Last Melee Musketeers

Chance

Pichu: 3%
Young Link: 1%
Unfortunately I don't see Young Link ever returning because of this little punk kid :4tlink:.He could be decloned and have an MM inspired moveset but I don't see Sakurai doing that anytime soon. As for Pichu, I don't see him coming back due to being a joke character for the most part.

Want

Pichu: 50%
Young Link: 100%

Pichu i'm not that invested in but Young Link I absolutely want to see return. I think it's unfair that people dismiss him because of Toon Link and there's no criteria of only having one child Link on the roster. Young Link has a cool aesthetic and would represent the N64 Zelda's which are the most iconic in the franchise. Additionally as I mentioned before, the potential he has using MM moves would make him a stand out character and between the other Link's. If BoTW Link can be such a highly requested character then I don't see the problem of having Young Link on the roster again.

Prediction: Crash

Chance: 22%
Want: 55%

Nominations

Andy X 5

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Pichu Chances:
5%
Never a really popular character, neither in Pokémon nor in Smash. I guess there might be returning characters, like Ice Climbers but I can´t see Pichu returning. I think there are many other Pokémon with higher chances (Deciduey, Gen8 Pokémon...)

Pichu Want:
0%
I already am not a fan of Pikachu, so that would feel like a lost slot, even if it would end up as a clone.

Young Link Chances:
8%
A bit higher than Pichu, because he has a small fanbase and was in popular games.

Young Link Want:
12%
As a TloZ fan, I wouldn´t mind more TloZ characters, but there are so many other better options (Midna, Skull Kid, Ghirahim...). Though I think he could have an interesting moveset with the masks from Majoras Mask

Prediction for Crash:
38,74%
Nominations:
5x "Morag & Brighid" (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Last edited:
Top Bottom