• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not necessarily, considering A.) Mario's had an established in-game English voice for decades and B.) the man's dead.
And my point is there's no way they'd get Spike Spencer to voice him again in Smash considering the anime was a flop and came out years before the first Smash game ever came out, and even longer before Fire Emblem started being localized.

There was never a solid reason for a specific voice actor to voice Marth in English until now, seeing as Yuri Lowenthal only became the official English voice long after Smash 4 came out.

D

Deleted member

The emperor of brutality

Chance: 5%
F-Zero is on hiatus for over a decade now, yes, but he's still remarkably requested in Japan due to his Japanese voice actor in the F-Zero anime.
And hey, what about a new F-Zero character in Smash to boost up its chances of revive?

Want: 50%
By quoting @Kitty-chan , as I share exactly the same opinion as hers (nyas aside lol):
Never played any F-Zero games, but I'd have nyo objections for nyanother character nya. I mean, look at C. Falcon? Beautiful nya. Maybe he could nyadopt Ganondorfs moveset nya? That way Ganondorf gets a nyu moveset, but the moves will still live on nya. I'd be fine with that nya~
:4marth: and :4feroy: English voices

Chance: 50%
It's a rather tricky one. On one side both of the characters finally have their dubbed English voices, but on the other side we have Sakurai and his willingness to please to both the new and old fans...

Want: 100%
It was alright in Melee and Brawl as :4marth:'s games haven't been released overseas by the time. It was acceptable during Smash 4's era as his voice actor was yet to be found. Now it's time to move on from the past and get some actualization.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Lycanroc prediction: 32.06%

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Marth and Roy English V/A's

Want: 0% - No. Thanks. Marth and Roy speaking English in Heroes and other places has always felt alien to me, like I'm hearing illegal audio the government doesn't want me to hear.
I'm ****ing dead LMAO!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Double Post!!!
Two things at once. Alright then.

Black Shadow:
Double Abstain

Im not sure how I’m going to rate this character. Theres just so many factors, and so much I don’t know about. So I’m going to refrain from rating him.

(Its sad that an F-Zero game was planned in 2011 but the studio Nintendo wanted to make the game couldn’t.)

Marty and Roy with English VA:

Chance: 70%
The reason why Marth and Roy never got English VA was because their games were originally in Japan, leaving the team with no one from the west to voice them properly. However FE Warriors and FE Heroes show both characters with English voice actors, so I think it’s possible that both characters will finally have English voices for this smash. (If Roy comes back. But that is VERY likley.)

I really like Marth and Roy’s japanese voice lines. Its how I grew up with the characters and I always knew them like that. However I would also like to see them including proper English VA for this Smash. It was excusable for Melee to 4, but there shouldnt be a reason to hold back since Nintendo now has voice actors for those characters.

Nominations:
x5 Multiple VA option
(Its an idea that the Japanese voices or any other forgein voice acting will also be available for the international versions of the game.)

I can see tomorrow chances being low for the sheer fact that Decidueye exists. We’ll see.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Black Shadow

Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

English Vas

Want: 80%

Lycanroc Prediction: 16.66%

Lloyd Irving x5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Black Shadow

Chance: 0%
F-Zero has been dead for nearly a decade and a half.
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Marth and Roy Speaking English
It would be easier for Sakurai to use the lines that Marth and Roy already have from 4. However, Marth and Roy do now have English voice actors, so it could go either way.
I've grown accustomed to these two speaking Japanese, and it makes them distinct from most of their sword-wielding peers. Although, I could get used to it if it were to happen.

Prediction:
Lycanroc: 28.76%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Black Shadow Chance - 2%: At this point the most likely reason to include him is the fanfiction about him taking Ganondorf's moveset, since F-Zero sure as hell isn't going to get him in.

Black Shadow Want - 75%: F-Zero is a great franchise, and the whole taking Ganondorf's set thing would be great to get him in. The one reason this isn't 100% is Black Shadow himself is inferior as a character to Deathborn, who is the real villain of the best F-Zero game and makes Black Shadow look like a wuss.

Marth and Roy speaking English chance - 20%: This game in particular is reusing a lot of assets so I do not see it happening.

Marth and Roy speaking English want - 60%: I don't really care about this in particular, but this is just a relic of laziness that arbitrarily hasn't changed.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Black Shadow

Yeah... This is guy is heavy problems of relevancy right now, only hold it for his popularity in Japan AND NORIO WAKAMOTO.

Want: 60%

I have always liked characters with darker/evil appearance, even the most ridiculous ones if you can somehow made them look cool and feeling awesome xD (Like Dr. Eggman or Black Shadow himself).

Also Norio Wakamoto, his hammy voice is just plain awesome xD

Marth/Roy Speaking English.

This can go either way xD.

I prefer Hikaru's and Jun's voice, but would be nice for other fans.

Prediction:

Lycanroc: 34.5%

Nominations:

Tom Nook x3
KOS-MOS x2

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Black Shadow
Chance: 2%
If there's a second F-Zero character it's either this guy or Samurai Goroh. However F-Zero's on indefinite hiatus with the series only real character appearences being Falcon appearing in Smash.
Side note: Weird that Falcon couldn't even make it into Mario Kart despite his car, an outfit based on him and two tracks doing so. Nope; Villager, Link, Isabelle and Inklings instead.

Want: 5%
I'd rather Samurai Goroh easily. I don't much like Black Shadow as a whole design wise and the only reason he gets brought up usually is to relieve Ganondorf of his moveset. Whilst I'm not against that happening, it's a sad state of affairs when the only reason you're wanted is so another far more popular character can rid himself of an anchor from his neck.

Marth and Roy speaking English
Chance: 40%
Honestly it would be a toss up, but Sakurai may feel Japanese Marth and Roy are canon for Smash now in the west so I doubt he's going to...

Having the option at least would be great. Marth and Roy are based on european knights anyway so them having Japanese VA only is a bit weird IMO.

Let my boy speak English too!

Marth meanwhile has used an English VA in multiple games so him not getting that option in Smash is...weird.

Prediction: Lycanroc 15%
Dark hors-err...wolf Pokemon option.

Nomination: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In hindsight, my sub-title for Black Shadow should have been Falcon's line in the last episode of the F-Zero anime.

:4falcon:: "Black Shadow! It seems that hell is a fate we both share!"

Would have been so much better.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Black Shadow

I don't usually give 0 percents. When we started this characters actually had chances, but now we are stretching how many newcomers we can rate. F-Zero has been a dead franchise since the GameCube era, with Captain Falcon in Smash being its last, somewhat pitiful, dying breath as it hangs on to relevance before falling into obscurity hell. No way this guy gets in, even as a clone.

Want: 1%
Just to take Ganondorf's moveset since it is a fun moveset and I want Ganondorf to be overhauled. Other than that, don't care.

Marth/Roy Speaking English

Chance: 99%
They got away with it since they didn't have English VAs before Smash 4 (the OVA does not count). However, not having English VAs for characters who have spoken audio English would be lazy, and Sakurai is not lazy. Marth and Roy's VAs that they have currently are good and have voiced them multiple times already in Fates, Heroes, and Warriors. Why wouldn't they come back for Smash? I really don't see how people aren't giving this > 90%, there is almost no reason for them not to speak English in this iteration of Smash. The only reason this is 99 and not 100% is because there is a verrrry slight chance that Sakurai just considers it a tradition and calls it a day without having to hire English VAs, but come on guys. This is the only reason it wouldn't happen and it's barely likely.

This would be great, FE characters' biggest strengths are their developed characters and personalities. How can this be expressed if they speak in a foreign language? With this I want there to be a dual audio addition because the Japanese voices are iconic, I just want to hear the English ones as well. Also, have updates to existing English voices. Have Wendee Lee voice Lyn like in Heroes and Warriors. Lyn should sound 18, not 40. (Wendee Lee voicing Lyn as a newcomer???) Plus, have Greg Chun voice Ike. He voices Ike in Heroes and he's great. Here is him reading a cheesecake recipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70QkzB2z50 We need this in Smash Bros.

Lycanroc Prediction: 20%*
Actually feeling pretty good about this guy due to his prevalence as Ash's ace in the anime.

Noms: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x5

Edit: changed prediction to reflect community chance, not personal

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Black Shadow

Chance - 0.25% - Until we get another F-Zero game, I think any character's chances are dead in the water, and I don't think he even headlines it. The only reason they might consider it would be the classic Gannondorf transplant, but I don't think that's realistic.

Want - 20% - Nah, give me Goro.

VA stuff

Chance - 45% - I'm tempted to call this a coin toss, but the money saved and sloth makes me hesitate going all the way.

Want - 80% - I can't bring myself to overly-care about this, but this seem like a good idea and I'd like to here what they have to say.

Predictions

Lycanroc - 34.45% - Dunno.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X10

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Black Shadow:
Chance: 1%
F-Zero's essentially dead with no new games at all in any foreseeable future, lest we get some sort of F-Zero re-imagining.

Want: 15%
At the very least - Norio Wakamoto would deliver another perfect performance. Still, I'd rather see something being done with F-Zero before we start adding newcomers to Smash, but Black Shadow would probably be my pick for a new F-Zero character.

English Marth and Roy:
Chance: 65%
It could happen, given that Marth and Roy finally have English VAs. Only reason I don't see a full 100% chance are either saving budget or just leaving the voice clips as dated nostalgia.

I've no objection to it personally. Yuri Lowenthal and Ray Chase have given good performances for Marth and Roy respectively in FEH, so I wouldn't mind an option to swap between English and Japanese voice-overs for these two.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow

Chance: 10%
I think it's possible, but he could only really be a clone of Falcon, so I'd say he'd have to be the one to take Ganondorf's clone moveset so that he can finally be original, but knowing Sakurai he probably wouldn't want to do that.

Want: 10%
I don't particularly care about the character at all, but if it means we could get an original Ganondorf, then so be it.

Nominations: Louie x5

also I've got no clue as to whether marth and roy will have their english voices or not, so I guess I'll abstain

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Black Shadow
Chance 1%
I don't see it happening honestly , even if Ganondorf got some changes
Want 10%
Only reason I'd want this if it guarantees new Ganondorf but even then I don't think it would, and I'd be satisfied with a single new special for Ganondorf

English Fire Emblem
Chance 18%
Depends if they even get new voice clips to begin with. A lot of characters just reused Brawl clips in Smash Wii U, including characters who had new voice actors such as Samus
Want 86%
Yes please

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Prediction Lycanroc. 25% (this will be interesting)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Black Shadow

F-Zero is dead and that about covers it.

Want: 60%

Not a priority for me, but F-Zero is a cool series and I would be fine with it getting another character.

Marth and Roy learn a new language

Chance: ABSTAIN

Not entirely sure where to place this. On one hand it makes sense since they now have official English voice actors, on the other I could just as easily see them sticking with just Japanese simply because that's how they've always been in this series. Maybe they'll give us the option to choose?

The best solution would obviously let people choose between the two languages, but if there isn't a toggle I simply prefer the Japanese voices. It's not a big deal though. I'd briefly miss the original voices if I lost them but overall it isn't extremely important. I'll use the characters regardless.

Lycanroc prediction: 26.35%

Nominations: Tom Nook x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Black Shadow

Chance: 2%

- F-Zero has been dormant for over a decade but there’s some demand for Black Shadow himself.

- It’s been long overdue. He has plenty of potential for a unique moveset but I’d also settle for an improved Falcondorf moveset to some degree.

Marth & Roy get English voices (a.k.a. Sakurai finally loses the nearly 20 year-old Hikaru Midorikawa clips)

Chance: 45%

- Sakurai probably still loves those old clips to death so I can see Marth keeping the younger Hikaru Midorikawa voice. Getting their English voice actors would be nice.

- Yes please.

Prediction

Lycanroc: 19%

- Which form...?

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x2

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Black Shadow
Unless we get a surprise F-Zero game in the near future then he could squeeze in as DLC, but even then...it's not very likely since F-Zero hasn't had a game in ages...

Want: 5%
Personally, not really that attached to the character, perhaps he could be cool, but with almost everyone that wants him, wants him to get Ganondorf's old moveset and a revamp for Ganondorf...it just seems like he's mostly just talked about for the benefit of another character from a series that has nothing to do with him...

----

:4marth::4feroy: Engrish
Since Melee neither has changed whatsoever with Marth making three separate appearances without changing from Japanese to English...and since Smash is made in Japan and Fire Emblem (despite it's rising popularity) being more popular in Japan than in teh west anyways...

not to mention most of us recognize them better with their japanese voices, so there's not much of a need for the change

Want: 0%
I'm perfectly fine with them having Japanese voices...Cloud on the other hand is one that could be argued since he does have an English voice that people do recognize more than his Japanese voice, but even still...

it's just....whatever

----

Lyconroc-18.43%

----

Dark Samus x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Black Shadow

There hasn't been a new F-Zero game in 15 years.

There should be a new F-Zero game.

Marth/Roy English Voices

Marth and Roy speaking Japanese is just part of Smash Bros, like Ness' inexplicable Japanese accent.

H.P. Lovecraft often wrote about beings of incomprehensible horror, of things that are so far removed from what we're capable of perceiving that the mind destroys itself trying to process them. I didn't fully understand what he meant, until I heard Marth speak English for the first time.

Lycanroc prediction: 20%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x5

Last edited:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Black Shadow Chance:
5%

Black Shadow really has no chance at getting in as a unique character. F-Zero is dormant and they wouldn't put that much time into a character that hasn't been relevant in years and doesn't have anything too unique. His only chance is to take Ganondorf's moveset, which still isn't likely. The only way I can see him getting in is if Sakurai finally gives Ganondorf a new moveset, but still wants to keep his old moveset alive.

Black Shadow Want:
10%

Cool design, can't say much about having a unique moveset, but I would be fine with him having one or Ganondorf's old one.

Marth/Roy getting their English voices: Chance:
25%

I guess I could see this happening. The reason Sakurai doesn't change Ganondorf is because of tradition and how his moveset has become part of his Smash character. I can see the same happening with this. They may just keep them speaking Japanese, because that is how they are in Smash already.

Want:
0%

I don't care at all. I've become used to their voices by now, and would honestly rather they just keep it.

Lycanroc Prediction:
26.81%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Black Shadow
Chance: 2% -
F-Zero hasn't been relevant in years; why would that change now?
Want: 0% - I'll pass.

Marth/Roy English VAs:
Chance: 50% -
It's possible due to English VAs in Warriors/Heroes, but I think it's Smash tradition to have them speak Japanese.
Want: 50% - I could take it or leave it.

Prediction: Lycanroc
Chance: 4.59%
Want: 37.91%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Black Shadow

Dead series and not enough demand.

Black Shadow is a badass and I would like him to be unique instead of being a Falcon clone.

Marth/Roy English Voices

I don't see it as likely, but then again we did see a voice change for Pit compared to the original.

Agreed, dubbing for these two are long overdue.

Lycanroc prediction: 20%

Nominations: Tsubasa Oribe x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow:

The demand for him seems to be pretty small. From what I’ve seen, he seems to be the most popular F-Zero request, but there also doesn’t seem to be much outcry for a new F-Zero character in general.

Want: 20%
I’m not super familiar with the characters of F-Zero, having only played the SNES one, but fans of the series have gotten basically nothing for years! So while I’m not really rooting for him personally, I kind of want him so F-Zero fans get SOMETHING new!

-----

English Marth and Roy:
Chance: 20%

Doesn’t seem likely to me! I feel like the Japanese voice have sort of become a part of their identity in Smash. I can’t see Marth and Roy getting changed. At the same time, I don’t think it’s impossible, so it gets a little bit!

I generally prefer when Smash characters get English voices (if they speak a good amount, like Corrin, Bayonetta, etc.), but as I said above, the voices feel like a part of Marth and Roy in Smash now. It’d feel really weird to me if they were changed!

-----

Lycanroc chance prediction: 38.86%

Nomination:

DeMille x5

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Black Shadow

English Marth & Roy Voices

Nominations:
Excitebiker x5

:171:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Black Shadow

Chance & Want:

Regarding Chance:

With no F-Zero game in over a decade, F-Zero characters like Black Shadow are hit hard by the relevancy issue. The way how things are playing out now, there is no new F-Zero game in sight before Smash Switch's release, and Captain Falcon is the only one in his series that will still make the cut because he has become more known as a Smash icon in those past several years.

Regarding Want:

Not interested.

------

English voices for Marth and Roy

On the one hand, you have the tradition factor relating to Marth and Roy's Japanese voices. On the other hand, Codename S.T.E.A.M., Warriors, and Heroes have given Marth an English voice, and Heroes has given Roy an English voice recently as well. For the relevancy factor alone, there is a chance.

Yuri Lowenthal has done a very solid job as Marth, and Ray Chase is shaping up to be great with his voice work on Roy. I think it'd be cool to see them voice their respective characters in Smash.

------

Predictions

Lycanroc (Pokemon): 23.45%

Definitely relevant, iconic, and popular for a generation 7 Pokemon, but competition with other Alola Pokemon hurts it.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Abstain on Black Shadow

Marth and Roy speak English
Chance: 80%
There really should not be a "tradition" argument here. Fire Emblem OVA aside, Marth and Roy didn't have any English voices when Smash 4 released (Shadow Dragon released overseas, but didn't have voice acting), much less when it was in development. But they do now, in multiple games for Marth, and I really don't think they're going to skip on it this time.

Want: 65%
It's not the most important thing for me, but I do want it.

Nominate Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Black Shadow

Chance: 15%: Kind of doubt F Zero will get a secondary.

Want 25%: I never played F Zero. I think there are better characters out there based on what I've seen of him.

Marth and Roy English Voices

Chance 10%: Not likely

Want 50%: Don't care either way.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Black Shadow

MAYBE if we get a fully decloned ganondorf and they want to preserve his hold moveset somehow, and those are both pretty big ifs. With F-Zero's current status, I don't really see it getting another character.

Want: 30%

Meh, sorry to say.

English VA for Marth and Roy

Chance: 55%

Certainly a possibility, but idk, they seem content on recycling voice clips unless they need to record new audio for new content (like how they always have to rerecord Kirby's stuff because of his copy abilities, and then since the VA for Kirby also does Ness he gets new voicelines too.)

Want: 90%

I like english voices because I like understanding what characters say (without having to read mind you) but I REALLY wish they would at least rerecord lines more in general. Poor jiggs has had the same voicelines since smash 64.

Prediction: Lycanroc, 27% chance / 35% want

Nominate: Monster Hunter x 5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Black Shadow
Chance:5%

Meh with F Zero on indefinite hiatus it seems very unlikely a new character from the series will appear.

Want: abstain
This is the only time I will abstain as I feel abstaining is a waste of a post but I'm very conflicted on this topic. I don't personally care about Black Shadow since I haven't played F Zero but I do want a reworked Ganondorf. From what I hear being a slow Captian Falcon wouldn't fit Black Shadow just like it doesn't fit Ganondorf, so while it's common idea to bring in Black Shadow with Ganondorf's current moveset and retool Ganondorf, I don't want to disrespect another character but at the same time I really want Ganondorf fixed. His moveset is the only fault with the current LoZ lineup. I just can't decide which is the lesser of two evils.

Marth and Roy in English
Chance:50%

It's a Smash staple but at the same time, they finally have English VA's. Honestly, it can go either way.

I don't really care but it would be neat I guess.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
English Marth and Roy is actually a pretty unique concept to rate. It has nothing to do with Sakurai and is entirely on if the translation team decides to give them an English voice.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Concepts are infinitely more interesting to discuss than a deluge of irrelevant characters that would never feasibly get in. We've reached the point where we've rated almost everyone worth rating, and have already rated a fair share of characters who legitimately have no shot.

I say bring on stages/music/concept discussion over "Irrelevant One-Off Side Character From an Unrepresented Series #7."
Well to be fair. I'm not just interested in seeing the rating of chances for things. I want to see how much the community Wants something and gives their reason for why they want something. At the end of the day, none of us know what's going to happen. So seeing the total percetage of Chance has it's limitations based on inability to know for certain.

But "Want"? That is entirely reflective of the community itself and it's interesting to see what characters and concepts are popular and why. And it doesn't matter if they have little to know chance.

After all. What I want vs what I think will happen are two very very very different things.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm going to ask something unorthodox and I'll understand if this is declined .

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
@Connery

Can I swap my Lara Croft and Parabo and Satebo nominations around?

I'm the only one who has nominated these characters so it wouldn't really be unfair to anyone. The reason I want to do this, is because if Lara Croft was in the game, she'd likely be revealed at E3 while if Satebo and Parabo were in the game, they'd be hidden characters kept secret until release.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Black Shadow chances: 1.25%
There doesn't seem to be a particular reason why any F-Zero character would stand out enough to be a serious contender for a newcomer spot in Smash. We hear of him taking Ganondorf's moveset but it doesn't souns like something Sakurai would make.

Black Shadow want: 0%
I have no personal reason to be interested. Rather than rebuild Ganondorf from scratch and giving his old moveset to Black Shadow, I feel like changing some of Ganondorf's moves (like his up air) would be better, but I think his portrayal as a black magic-powered physical brute is okay.

Marth/Roy speaking English chances: 17%
Marth kept his Japanese language in Smash after he stopped being Japan-only outside of Smash, at this point it's likely a grandfathered artistic choice.

Marth/Roy speaking English want: 43%
I don't feel like it's something that's needed, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either.

Lycanroc prediction: 14.35%

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x3
Returning game mode: Smash Run x2

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Black Shadow

Honestly it just comes down to the fact that F-Zero is a dead franchise that Nintendo seems to have very little interest in revisiting. With that in mind, on top of the fact that the series is niche at best, I don’t think Sakurai would be willing any characters from the series past Captain Falcon.

Want: 40%
If he took over Ganondorf’s current moveset and freed up Ganondorf to have one that actually fits the character, I’d be all over it. Past that though, I have no interest.

Melee Boys learn English

Chance: 55%
I am cautiously airing on the side of optimism one this one, now that both Marth and Roy have official, reoccurring English voice actors in Yuri Lothenwal and Ray Chase.
Treehouse handles the localization of both Heroes and Smash Bros, which I believe would also be beneficial to the case. If Sakurai says no, though, then we’re stuck with the Japanese voices forever.

I don’t dislike Marth and Roy’s current voicework, but at this point it feels out of place next to Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin all speaking perfect English. Yuri and Ray also do amazing work with these characters, so it’s something I absolutely want and will be inevitably upset when it doesn’t happen.

Noms:
Tingle x5

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Black Shadow

Chances: 3%

Marth/Roy with English VA

Chances: 50%
Want: 30%

Nominations

Zeroara
Gengar x4

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Intersting double day.

Black Shadow

Chance: 6% - It's incredibly unlikely. F-Zero is pretty much a dead series. Captain Falcon is all that remains. but he is still a Nintendo Character, so it's possible

Want: 0% - Sorry, but I really see no need for him in smash. then again, I'm also one of the few people who don't mind how Gannondorf plays right now, since that seems to be a bit reason many people want Black Shadow in.

:4marth:マースさんとロイくんは英語を話すことができます:4feroy:

ええ? どうして? マースさんとロイくんは大丈夫です。

*ahem* appologies.

Marth and Roy speaking english.

Chance: 40% - I'd have said 50/50, but them speaking Japanese seems to be a bit of a Smash Tradition. so while I could see it happening. I think it's more likely that it won't. but it's still pretty close to a toss up.

Want: 50% - It doesn't bother me either way, so I don't mind if it happens or not.

Lycanorc prediction: 14.6%

Nominations
Black Mage x2
Sable Prince x1
Spyro x1
Demille x1

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Black Shadow

5% Chance
Abstain Want

ENGLISH M**********R
40% Chance
0% Want

Nominating Spyro x 5

Day over, calcs coming soon. At latest around 1.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Black Shadow

Chance- 25%
Want-75%

Yes just to reenact that scene from the anime. But unlikely. Also NO, he should not just inherit Ganondorf's old moveset.

English Marth and Roy
Chance- 50%
Want- 50%

Yeah sure ok,

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Top Bottom