• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
No, this is not good form.

Attacking anyone for supporting a character is not welcome, at all. I will rip apart a character like Mipha for instance, but I do not attack anyone who supports them. Snark can be hard to read, so if you think it might come off as a bit tart, don’t say it. Someone nominated the character, assume someone wants them.
I apologize again for my post. I am a snarky and sarcastic person by nature, but there's a time and a place for that, and here is not that place. It's too easily misconstrued and I'll keep that and the things you said in mind for the future.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I apologize again for my post. I am a snarky and sarcastic person by nature, but there's a time and a place for that, and here is not that place. It's too easily misconstrued and I'll keep that and the things you said in mind for the future.
I'm just like you in real life. Very sarcastic and snarky as well. Sometimes I make these same mistakes too, and you never know how some people will react. Take my situation with Ornl as advice. I was always sarcastic with his arguments, and he collected all of my sarcastic comments and reported me. I got 2 infraction points for it, and I learned my lesson, which is to not to rip on people over their opinions or arguments. Debate is always encouraged, but it's always best to keep it chill.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Shy Guy

Chances: 0%. After the strange inclusion that was Piranha Plant, I just don't see it happening. They'd probably have to throw him in as a free extra, and even then there are more suitable choices for that. And that doubles if we count him as a Mario rep. Yoshi less, but even then he's not all that likely.

Want: 90%. It's kind of a shame. I can't say I 100% want him right now, since I suspect spirits deconfirm, but if not for that he'd be one of my Top 5 easily. As varied as Piranha Plant is, Shy Guy would rival its versatility and be much more acceptable on my end. And as a Yoshi rep, he could easily be the best choice. But alas, a slight hint of me worries that he'll be another Mario rep, and therefore another potential controversial pick.

Nominations
Adeleine (Kirby) x5

D

Deleted member

Shy Guy

Chance: 10%, not for the DLC, but for the next game. Seeing as Sakurai is putting every Mario character but Waluigi and Toad, I think Shy Guy can be next weird minion. If Piranha Plant can get in, I can see Shy Guy.
but if we're talking about DLC for the fighter pass then hard 0%.

Want: 0%, if we were to get another minion type character from the Mario Series, then I'd rather it be Toad. He deserves it being in every Mario game since the original (Unless you count The Original Donkey Kong on Arcade, but I don't, I consider that a Donkey Kong game because the name) game.

Nominations: Freddi Fish and Luther x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Arthas:
Chance:0%: Warcraft hasn't been on Nintendo. Plus honestly the character isn't popular enough.
Want:0%: Sorry, just not interested. He just doesn't interest e in the slightest.
Nominations Black Mage x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Glad you could bake it, Uther.
Chance: 0.01
Warcraft is definitely Blizzard's most iconic franchise but it has nothing to do with Nintendo. Besides, we've heard from Blizzard they'd pick a Diablo character first. Warcraft also doesn't seem to be as popular nowadays. Not to say people are no longer playing it but Overwatch likely has taken its spotlight.

Want: 5%
Now I love WCIII to death but I'm not gonna be biased. Anyone not on Nintendo doesn't belong in Smash. Even if it got a Switch port somehow, the Lich King wouldn't be my first choice. That would be Thrall.

100 characters: 11.69%
Metal Sonic x5

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Arthas
Chance:
1%
World of Warcraft is arguably Blizzard's most enduring game. However, there are a few things in the Lich King's way: Diablo, lack of Nintendo presence, and a certain first-person shooter. First off, Blizzard getting a rep is not an impossibility. In fact, in my eyes it falls in the camp of surprising but plausible, somewhat akin to SNK. They've been supporting the Switch, they have history, and they have recognizable franchises and characters. However, people from Blizzard themselves have discussed wanting Diablo as a rep, especially with Diablo III on Switch. Also, while plenty of fans want Warcraft or World of Warcraft to hit the Switch, it turns out that it is impossible though not for a lack of trying. And finally, it could he argued that despite it also not having any Nintendo history, Overwatch (and by extension Tracer) would be battling hard for the spot considering the game's worldwide popularity.

I'm also not sure the rep would be Arthas, to be honest. This may be my personal bias but I've always seen Thrall as the Warcraft face outside of WoW. Then again, it's not like I'm that up to modern Warcraft, I admit.

Want: 2%
I wouldn't hate a Warcraft rep, and Arthas would absolutely have a cool moveset and a badass look and would be interesting in Smash. However, I'm still somewhat stuck in the past when it comes to wanting at least a tiny bit of Nintendo history when it comes to Smash, with my only exception being 2B. For that reason, I'd prefer Diablo or as a crazy retro pick The Lost Vikings. To be honest, I'd even take Tracer as despite Overwatch not being on Nintendo she at least is the mascot of a game that took the world by storm and having time powers would be really cool and fun.

Also, I again admit I'm not up on modern Warcraft but I played a ton of Orcs vs. Humans back in the day and Blizzard's fantasy races are always what I think of when I play Pathfinder, and for that reason I also just would rather see an Orc like Thrall take the spotlight if a Warcraft rep was ever on the table. Sorry, Lich King.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Arthas Menethil

I know basically nothing of WoW's story so I apologize if I get anything wrong regarding its lore.

Chance: 0.01%
There is no denying that World of Warcraft has had a major impact on gaming as it essentially started the whole MMO genre (or at least made it insanely popular). In regards to us getting a WoW rep in Smash however, I don't see it happening. WoW has no relation to Nintendo at all and I doubt it ever will since it is strictly for computers. There are also a lot of other Blizzard franchises that would probably have priority over WoW, specifically Diablo and Overwatch. Diablo because we have Diablo III on the Switch and some folks at Blizzard really want Diablo in Smash. Overwatch because it is extremely popular at the moment and a Switch port of it could happen in the near future. I think both Nintendo and Blizzard would prioritize getting those franchises into Smash first before even thinking about WoW.

As for Arthas himself, he is not even the main character of WoW from what I understand. Even if we were to get a WoW rep, he'd have to compete with characters like Thrall, Varian, and Anduin.

Want: 0%
Never cared for WoW and I don't like having realistic/gritty characters in Smash unless they have history with Nintendo. Also if we were to get a Blizzard character I'd prefer someone from Overwatch.

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Arthas
Chance:1%
While Blizzard seems to be supporting the Switch so far it's just been Diablo so it's not exactly like Nintendo owes them some huge favor or anything, and even then if that one game did some how earn them a spot it seems unlikely they wouldn't go for someone from said game over one of their other games even if WoW is more popular overall. On top of that, like Flyboy Flyboy said Thrall or maybe Jaina (disclaimer, only knowledge of WoW comes from playing HotS) would seem like a more likely pick over Arthas.

Want: 5%
I'm probably one of the 5 people my age who wasn't obsessed with WoW during it's peak popularity and as such I don't really have any attachments to the series. Couple that with Arthas being a third party with no ties to Nintendo and it just doesn't really make me want him in Smash. I give him a small percentage because if I understand correctly (again only knowledge comes from HotS) he has ice powers which could be cool for a moveset.

Nominations: Palico x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Uhh who?

This character was a total nobody to my ears. I looked him up, apparently he’s the Lich King, who I’ve heard of because there’s a Wrath of the Lich King DLC (?) for WoW. I have never played a Warcraft game, be it the three RTSs or the MMO. My only experience with the franchise is the movie.

So, Warcraft in Smash? From what I’ve read, no Warcraft game has ever been on a Nintendo console. Not even ****ing Hearthstone? C’mon! Deeper investigation shows Warcraft has only ever been on two consoles, being the original PlayStation and the Sega Saturn. Huge blow: Blizzard doesn’t care about Warcraft on consoles. To me, that just says Warcraft in Smash is a never gonna happen deal, and to be honest, that’s good news.

Also, apparently Arthas is just one of a couple important Warcraft characters? I don’t really wanna get into that as I don’t really know, but if he has even slight competition within his franchise he’s ****ed. Personally, I don’t think there’s any Warcraft character that’s iconic so I’d rather none of them got in.

Lastly, Blizzard in Smash. Keep in mind, since Activision and Blizzard are one company, that means any hypothetical Blizzard Rep would have to compete with Crash and Spyro. Tough competition. I’d expect if there is ever a Blizzard Rep, it will be Tracer. Nobody from Diablo or Starcraft is iconic to my knowledge.

Chance: 0%

It’s been a while since I’ve felt comfortable giving out double zeroes.

Noms: No fan favorites x5

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Nobody from Diablo or Starcraft is iconic to my knowledge.
I mean you have Diablo for Diablo who is fairly iconic and StarCraft has Raynor who wears the iconic armor most people would probably recognize to be from StarCraft. I'd argue that Tracer is probably more currently relevant but to say neither of those games have any iconic characters is not exactly accurate.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean you have Diablo for Diablo who is fairly iconic and StarCraft has Raynor who wears the iconic armor most people would probably recognize to be from StarCraft. I'd argue that Tracer is probably more currently relevant but to say neither of those games have any iconic characters is not exactly accurate.
I’ll have to take your word for it, but neither Diablo nor the Starcraft space guy seem that well known to me. At least certainly not to the level of any third party in Smash, or Tracer.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Arthas

Chance: 0 - Do people still play WoW? I'm genuinely curious. Feel like I haven't heard anything about it in years. I feel like a WoW character might be a solid pick if Ultimate was coming out in 2006 or so, but now I don't think so. I'm saying this without having any numbers in front of me or anything so there's a chance I'm wrong here, but it feels like so much has passed up WoW since then.

Abstaining on want

Noms:
Porky x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

February 22: Concept: 100 characters & Dante (from the Devil May Cry series)
February 23: Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
February 24: Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
February 25: Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
February 26: Magikarp (Pokémon)
February 27: Ryota Hayami (Wave Race)
February 28: Concept: Style Savvy rep & Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)

Snuck Dante and Hat Kid into other characters’ days since it appeared that that was what you guys wanted. If not, then they’ll be March 1st.

Not a big upset this week. Monster Hunter, Maxwell and Cranky Kong all reached 200 noms. Monster Hunter got a huge boost at the last minute, hence its second place showing.

Your new top seven consists of World of Light expansion, No fan favorites, Q*Bert, Sly Cooper, Kat & Ana, Boss Rush, and Bonkers. A... weird crew, to say something.

Concept: World of Light expansion x185
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x175
Q*Bert x174
Sly Cooper x160
Kat & Ana x145
Concept: Boss Rush x135
Bonkers (Kirby) x130

150 - 101

Poochy x126
Tracer x122
Concept: Undertale rep x120
Amy Rose x115
Vaati x115
Brash the Bear x115
Ryu Hayabusa x105
Porky Minch x103
Impa x101

100 - 51

Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x95
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x95
[Rerate] Erdrick x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Creeper x77
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x75
Yuri Lowell x75
9-Volt x74
Spyro x67
Noctis Lucis Caelum x65
Frogger x55

50 - 25

Ninten x50
Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Jin Kazama x40
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
[Rerate] 2B x30
Decidueye x28
Adeleine (Kirby) x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x25
Tetromino x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Gooey (Kirby) x20
Metal Sonic x20
Concept: Square Enix rep x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Morrigan Aensland x15
Brian (Quest 64) x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Saber (Fate) x10
X (Mega Man) x9
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Marx (Kirby) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Crono x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Kyle Hyde x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Concept: Persona Spirits x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Ryu Hayabusa wall jumps past 100 noms.

Frogger leaps past 50 noms.

Adeleine, Three Houses rep and Tetromino reach 25 noms.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I’ll have to take your word for it, but neither Diablo nor the Starcraft space guy seem that well known to me. At least certainly not to the level of any third party in Smash, or Tracer.
Well again I don't think they are more recently iconic than Tracer but Overwatch is less than three years old while Diablo and StarCraft are both around 20 years old, they're more iconic in a different way in my opinion. Not to mention that Diablo III is the third best selling game on PC with StarCraft in 6th, meanwhile Overwatch isn't even on the list on the Wikipedia article for best selling PC games.

I don't disagree that Tracer is currently more popular, just that Diablo or StarCraft aren't popular or iconic.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
WoW dude

It's hard to imagine Blizzard getting a rep. Warcraft in partciular seems past its prime. It's hard to come up with motivations for Nintendo to do this.

He doesn't pass the "association with Nintendo" test for me. On top of that, he's not really that iconic anyway, so even the "represent all of gaming" stuff doesn't work so well here. I'd be really confused about a choice like this.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Arthas

Chance - 0% - World of Warcraft hasn't been on a Nintendo Console, which is typically seen as a huge downer. He's not really in the iconic leagues of what we already have, and World of Warcraft has plenty more iconic folks (at least I think). I don't see why he would be chosen.

Want - 10% - The only thing he has is that he has some cool abilities. Otherwise, I don't have a reason to want him, and mostly view him as a waste of space and time.

Nominations

Vaati X5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
That guy who was on the TV Tropes page for Face-Heel Turn

Chance: ??? I have no idea what his chances are, honestly, because it's dependent on several factors. Firstly, what's the spread of MMO rights? Second, if Blizzard (should I remember correctly) is the owner of WoW, then do they want it in Smash? Third, over Overwatch? Fourth, if they do decide that a playable WoW character would be the best character, why should it be Arthas? These are things I cannot answer because of my lack of knowledge around WoW. But I'm going to give him a solid 0.01% because according to others, he's got some problems. He does fit the Reggie statement, however, but that's about it?

Want: 15%. I don't know about him and thus I want him a little less than everybody else who isn't Arle competition, although I don't think he'd be a bad inclusion. Coming at the presumable expense of Crash would get points docked if I wasn't willing to make that sacrifice, but I am.

Ryu's going dry this week: All Sly from Here. Sly Cooper x 5.

D

Deleted member

The Lich King Arthas

Chance: 15%
Activision Blizzard is one of the biggest western publishers and Warcraft, despite its decline in recent years, its still one of the most played MMOs nowadays. While I never got into the series, nor the MMORPG, Warcraft is certainly a series with a big historical value and has the achievement of being the biggest MMORPG at some point. Still, from what I understand here, there are bigger players in the Warcraft franchise and overall Activision Blizzard has quite a feew other franchises that the Lich King would have to compete against like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and OW.

There's also the mention from Sakurai that working with western 3rd parties is a lot more complicated due to the need of constant comunication, and that as for now there are no western IPs with playable fighters. Despite this, Activision Blizzard has a relatively good relationship with Nintendo as of late with the Diablo 3 port and a few of the Skylanders exclusives, so I could see something happening but probably won't include or Lich friend.

Want: Abstain
I never got into Warcraft nor WoW, so the character its pretty much unknown to me :b. He looks cool I give him that, and he seems to have soul draining powers which would make him unique but don't know much about anything else to give an honest opinion.

Nomination Erdrick (rerate) x 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Arthas

Yeah, he's unlikely. First off, Warcraft never had at least one game released on an Nintendo consoles, despite WoW being the most popular MMO games out there. Second, he has a lot of competition with not only Warcraft characters like Thrall or Jaina, but other characters from Blizzard and Activision as well, like Diablo, Tracer, Crash and Spyro.

Want: 80%
I have played World of Warcraft for quite a while and I kinda liked Arthas when he was the Lich King. Imagine his movesets in Smash, like having Death Coil as his Neutral B. Plus, he could come with the Icecrown Citadel as his home stage and of course, a collection of Warcraft musics. Sure, he's yet another swordfighter, but he's unique enough to be on his own.

100 Character Prediction: 25.43%

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
1550800135965.jpeg

Even the two characters with no ties with Nintendo on the surface still have ties deep down. Cloud's game might never have released on Nintendo consoles, but the Final Fantasy series has long ties with Nintendo. Persona might never have released in general on Nintendo consoles, but SMT got it's break with them, hence we have Joker. WoW? It has nothing. Other Blizzard properties have it better, even with Diablo being the preferred choice of Blizzard, and it's not known if WoW would even be Nintendo's pick, because remember, they're picking the DLC.

I'm usually selective about 3rd parties on average, but a character from a series with absolutely no relation to Nintendo just rubs me the wrong way in the worst way. Granted, WoW does indeed have a legacy for what it did for MMOs, but that really doesn't mean much to Nintendo at the end of the day.

Predictions: 100 Characters
I can't help but feel that this is wishful thinking. 13.61%?

Noms: Q*Bert x5
Protect his top 7 position I guess.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
THE LICH KING
Chance: 1%
Want: 80%

This big boi's got a big sword like Shulk and Cloud! Does this disconfirm him? No. But his chances are dead in the ice anyway.

The Lich King suffers from two major problems: competition, and never being on a Nintendo console. For competition, he has Tracer, Diablo, and many other characters from Blizzard games. Tracer is arguably the most popular and relevant, and Diablo was actually on the Switch, leaving the rest of the competition in the dust. If you want to consider Activision, he also has Crash and Spyro, though I consider them two separate companies despite Blizzard owning Activision. The next problem is the fact that his series was never on a Nintendo console. "DEHHHH, BUT :ultsnake:, :ultcloud:, AND
WERE NEVER ON NINTENDO CONSOLES YOU DUMB CAT!" While the first two are well known for being PlayStation characters, their series got their start on the NES/SNES. Joker on the other hand debuted on the 3DS with Persona Q2 in Japan, 1 week before he was revealed for Smash at the VGA. Perfect timing. World of Warcraft was never on a Nintendo console in any form whatsoever, which hurts his chances a ton. The only possible way he could get in is if WoW gets on the Switch, or he's added simply for the sake of breaking the internet due to the extreme hype he would cause, aligning with Reggie's statement perfectly. (I hope he enjoys his retirement BTW) And I can't see why people wouldn't want him outside of competition/exclusivity factors. He has a giant ice sword! He's got a massive suit of armor! His eyes glow under his helmet! He can cast spells! He can resurrect the dead! He's got a skull on his uhh.. yeah. He's cool and that's all that matters! My estimate is that this reveal would be just as big as Cloud's reveal, maybe even bigger than that, resulting in the internet breaking, and Etika breaking his hand. It's a shame it probably won't happen however.

100 characters: 15%

Tetromino x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sweet P I hope someone gets this reference.
So let's see here, this character:
  • Is western
  • Has never made an appearance on a Nintendo console (or any console, really)
  • Isn't even the main character (I think?)
  • Is nowhere near the most popular character from their company (even if you don't count Activision characters)
  • Has an almost nonexistent Smash fanbase
  • Has a sword
Yeah, I don't think he's likely. I could probably list more reasons, but I think it's pretty obvious that this character will never be in Smash, so whatever.
This character getting in over Crash would be worse than Steve getting in over Banjo. Or Erdrick getting in over Geno. Or Edelgard getting in over any other Nintendo character. Or-

100 prediction: 5%
Dante prediction: 0%
Noms: SE rep x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Burn the Lich!

Want: 10%

I’ve been waiting for a WoW day. Surprised it took this long...

So: WoW for Smash? Now I have bever played WoW since I consider MMOs the worst thing ever made (more power if you like them, but I don’t want to share my fantasy worlds with anyone thank you very much). But everyone knows about this one. WoW is the MMO. Other MMOs wish they had the history this one does. Heck, South Park made an episode about (and using) WoW, and that was over 12 years ago. WoW has been going strong for going on 15 years.

Now, WoW is tied to computers, so there’s no Nintendo history to talk of. We’ve proven that that’s not a disqualifying factor, but it’s not a good thing. Also, WoW has millions of characters, most OC avatars, so there are few iconic enough to add in. Add to that that WoW is Western, and it really doesn’t seem there’s a chance.

But does it deserve it? WoW completely deserves its spot in the video game history books, so if that’s the path Smash wants to take...

Also - Blizzard’s got other characters they'd probably rather promote. I think I remember seeing that they favor Diablo, while StarCraft’s another big name game especially in Korea, and Overwatch took the world by storm a few years ago.

Now as I can’t talk about WoW specifically since I don’t know the game, I can’t make much of a judgement on any specific character. However, the Lich King looks all kinds of badass, and I’m a huge sucker for medieval-esque fantasy. If I had to pick any WoW character though, I’d have to go with one of the Orcish horde - heavies are all kinds of fun, and Orcs are just awesome (My dream set of Dovahkiin costumes includes one Orcish dude).

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
No, this is not good form.

Attacking anyone for supporting a character is not welcome, at all. I will rip apart a character like Mipha for instance, but I do not attack anyone who supports them. Snark can be hard to read, so if you think it might come off as a bit tart, don’t say it. Someone nominated the character, assume someone wants them.

Next one, responding like that was out of line. Very hostile response tbh. I get that it is your characters day, but going all defensive was not a good idea. Just saying “Rude.” would have sufficed. Instead you got overly aggressive in your response, which from what I read came off even more snarky and aggressive than the post that set you off.

Also, getting involved in this sort of drama when you just make a snarky comment at the expense of someone else is not cool.

I don’t want these sorts of interactions to be a regular thing.

As for the day ending PeridotGX PeridotGX , expect tonight.
I appreciate you for seeing both sides. While I still stand by the very first bit of my post in its original context, I can see that it quickly became over the top. I'm sure that the vast majority of people ITT have no intention of directly attacking others, and obviously nothing was directed at me personally so it was unnecessary. Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas you're all good broski. Sorry to be hostile.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Arthas Menethil

World of Warcraft may have been the most popular MMO game ever, but that was like several years ago and now, it's been overshadowed by Overwatch, another series by Blizzard. Add the fact that the series never had any Nintendo connection (not even one game released on their consoles)and Blizzard themselves wanting Diablo in Smash, then the chances of Arthas or any WoW character in general are not looking good right now. He also has to face competition with Diablo and Tracer for the spot as a Blizzard rep.

Want: 50%
You know what, I like him, especially when he became the Lich King. I could definitely see him as an unexpected character to show up in Smash, but there are other characters, especially those that have connection with Nintendo, who are better suited to be in Smash than him.

Nominations:
Noctis Lucis Caelum x5

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Arthas

Chance: 0.1%
I really doubt him for all the reasons stated above. While I don't believe that being from a Western developer dooms a character from not being in Smash, it really limits a character unless either they or their franchise is popular in Japan. I don't think World Of Warcraft is that popular in Japan, and it hasn't been on a Nintendo console. Even if we ignored that, I feel like if we were going to get a character from Blizzard (even if you ignore other Activision characters like Crash or Spyro), it would either be a Diablo character or a character from Overwatch (IMO company's history with Nintendo matters, not just the character or franchise)
Want: 1%
I have no personal connection to Arthas or World Of Warcraft, but it would be cool for another character with ice powers to be playable.

EDIT: Forgot nominations
Decidueye x1
Tracer x4

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
(Anakin clone from Warc-) Arthas

Chance: 0.01 %
Well, this RTC day prompted a lurker to register here. How about that. Wanna know a big reason why?

Because Blizzard's games circa 2000 - StarCraft, Diablo II, WarCraft 3 as well as WoW - formed a major piece of my childhood as well as many around me. Together with Nintendo.

Warcraft ain't just WoW nor Hearthstone. A big reason WoW got so big to begin with was that the Warcraft RTS games (mainly II and III) were big sellers on PC and beloved examples of the RTS genre's heyday. Which Blizzard was king of. Hell, Warcraft 3's still played to this day (not getting Melee numbers, but it ain't dead), getting a remake in ReForged, and its Map Editor spawned the MOBA genre.* So WarCraft is in the video game hall of fame on multiple points.

Still, I agree that Arthas' chances in Smash are pretty much non-existent. WarCraft lacks a true main character (Sure: Arthas' fall from grace was a central focus of 3 vanilla, he is the main character of 3's expansion The Frozen Throne and WoW expansion WotLK. but that's besides the point.) and even if WarCraft was on a Nintendo console at some point I'd favor Thrall over Arthas. At least Diablo and StarCraft have Nintendo appearances - still, any picks from the Blizzard side would be true mavericks no matter how you slice it.

Want: 50 %

Arthas brings a lot more to the table than given credit. Sure, sworduser - but he'd be the first Death Knight / Lich in Smash if (somehow) chosen. Hell, if - in this wacky scenario - Sakurai really wanted to get creative he could include some Paladin move twisted into a Death Knight form. After all, Arthas followed a very similar path to Anakin (although better told than Anakin's.).

That said, he'd suit better as a boss, and there are a few Blizzard characters I have a higher want score on: Diablo as well as StarCraft's Zeratul. I may agree that Crash / Spyro should come first from A-B's side, but Blizzard getting anything significant into Smash? That would be truly a "Holy ****!" moment. Not just for me, but for many who grew up with the PC gaming environment back in those days.

*Yea, WarCraft lead to League of Legends and Dota (2) indirectly.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Arthas

-Therer are other choices Blizzard would make.
-Like Tracer to promote OW, or Diablo one of the most iconic villains in gaming.

-Nope, there are other 3rd party character's I'd prefer.
-I really don't want anything from Activision-Blizzard after the slog of unfortunate things the companty did lately.

Nominate Concept: DLC Challenges 5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: 100 characters

Chance: 0.1%
Assuming echos and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are counted individually, we will have 81 fighters once all of the season pass characters are released. If we want to reach 100 characters then that means they'd have to release roughly 4 additional season passes. That means this game would be supported non-stop until roughly 2024. I don't see us getting anything other than a second season pass (and even then I'm unsure of that happening), so expecting 5 total season passes would be insane especially since we have a ton of characters already. I can't even think of a fighter off the top of my head that introduced +20 characters as DLC (unless it's something like SFV where the base roster was so small that they had to resort to DLC to make players satisfied).

Want: 100%
More characters is always good. I'd rather have them support this game constantly than go through the effort of making a brand new Smash game.

-----

Dante

One of the heads of DMC recently said that if Dante were to be in Smash then they should first try to get DMC on Switch first. That's basically a deconfirmation right there. Even before he said that I didn't think Dante's chances were all that great to be honest since there weren't any DMC games on Nintendo systems.

Want: 10%
I never really cared about DMC and my only experience with Dante is through MvC3. If he got in then I guess it'd be pretty cool though there are a ton of other characters I'd like to see instead.

-----

Monster Hunter chance prediction: 8.93%

Nominations:
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
THE ULTIMATE SMASH ROSTER
Chance: 10%

This is another one of those chance scores that solely depend on whether Sakurai is in the mood to add 25 more brand new characters to the roster after the fighters pass. The dude and his team are probably overworked and need a vacation. It's also been shrinking overtime due to the game's completion. It's probably too much of a workload for them despite being an instant money maker. But if this happened, I would be extremely hyped. We wouldn't have to worry about competition as much, because there's so many slots left for losing competition to get in. It would definitely help with cases like Banjo vs Steve, or Crash vs Spyro. With so many slots left, almost anyone can get in. (Except the 4th parties and the disconfirmed, but that's besides the point.)

DEVIL SHOULD CRY
Chance: DISCONFIRMED
Want: 35%

(At least he's featured in the award winning game, Big Chungus!)

Speaking of disconfirmed, here we have Dante! I shouldn't need to explain myself, but I will for the sake of having two sentences. Dante was disconfirmed not once, but twice! First during the base game, and second during DLC speculation. I'm just gonna move on to want. I've also never cared for Dante whatsoever. He's just a really boring character in my opinion, and there's many other Capcom reps I would prefer. Next!

Monster Hunter: 73.83%

Tetromino x5

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Concept: 100 characters

Chance: 0.1 - 20 %

There are too many variables at play here honestly. Yea, 100 characters would require support up to 2024ish, but the Switch may have a pretty long lifespan (and Ultimate might get a port to the next console Mario Kart 8 style). We have no idea about Sakurai, his nor Nintendo's current plans or any potential heir to helm Smash 6 and beyond. Sakurai's a massive workhorse, but he relishes the weekends he gets now for example. Reading too much into that factor alone is folly IMHO. If there are more Fighter Passes, I fully expect at least 3 or so months of rest for the team between Passes.

With Ultimate's position I won't discount the possibility, but don't count it as likely at all.

Want: 100 %

More fighters, more meat, more fun. Only major problems I see is a potential balancing nightmare and severe difficulties of getting characters back long term, lets say Cloud are absent from Smash 6 / 7.

"Will we ever meet again [,Dante]"

Chan-NOPE. 100 % out of here until the situation changes. The difference between Dante's and someone like Master Chief is that Dante's decon heavily implies something behind the scenes. I understand fully why people think Master Chief's decon'ed, but in his case the tweet's too vague and doesn't tell us anything behind the scene (could be an NDA, Dante's evidently not under an NDA, who knows) . Again, I'll refer to Chinderblock's posts on the Master Chief thread, since I'm fully with those thoughts when it comes to decons. Give us some specific reason / allusion why X is not in the game.

Want: 65 %

Having played DMC 4 SE and looking forward to DMC 5 myself, I'm leaning in favor of him. Not just because of the Bayo contrast. But also because what kind of shenanigas he can bring to the table. He could be a moveset nightmare ([EDIT] 7 weapons in DMC 4, for the record), but that gives him a lot of ways to create something interesting. Besides, I really like how he's written (bar DMC 2).

Monster Hunter: 45 %

Nominations: Tracer x5

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
100 Characters

Chance: 1% - I don't think this is really their priority at the moment. Sure, 100 characters is a nice, round number, but it's also, well, a lot more characters. I'm not even sure whether we'll get another season of DLC, let alone 100 total characters.
Want: 80% - Of course I can't really say no to more characters. However, I'm not sure I want the game to continually be updated for like 5+ more years.

Dante (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series!)

Chance: 0.1% - I think the devs stated he wasn't happening. If not for this, I would've given him like a 20%.
Want: 15% - I have no attachment to the series, but I wouldn't be against him joining. I think if we were to get another Capcom rep though, I'd prefer someone from Resident Evil.

Monster Hunter Prediction: 13%

Nominations:
Frogger x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
The triple didgets
Chance: 30%
This may sound like a ludicrous concept to some of you but hear me out.
Ultimate is doing really well at the moment. By last year's end it was recorded to have sold 12 million units worldwide. All within less than a month.
That's more copies Smash on 3ds has sold throughout its lifetime. As many copies Melee and for Wii U in their lifetimes and a shy one million away from Brawl's lifetime sales. All of this in the last month of 2018. We're nearing the end of Febuary, by now it has definitely outpaced Brawl and likely is the best selling Switch game right now. I wouldn't be suprised it passed the 20 million by the time Joker releases.

My point is, a huge amount of people will be playing this game in the near future. Thus, Nintendo is sitting on a potential gold mine right now. More passes after this one is very likely imo. Yes, it could go on to uptill 2024/2025 but so what? The reason Sm4sh's dlc development ended so soon was because the Wii U was dying, and they had to immediately move on to the next game with the NX on the horizon. Nintendo is planning to support the Switch for a long time and I don't know if Sakurai or anyone over there has a vision for the next Smash Bros for the next generation of Nintendo, so continous support that will be going for years to come is something I could definitely see being on the table.

Yeah yeah, most of us want Sakurai to take a vacation but the dude's a madman. He even said around Ultimate's lauch if Nintendo requested him to make the next game, he'd work on it immediately. All of Sakurai's future in game development will likely be nothing but Smash. Having the character count reach a number as high as 100 is a goal I could see Sakurai having. It would be a tremendous achivement but with all the time they I think it's definitely possible. Still I would not expect us to get 25 more original newcomers. There would definitely have to be some echoes there to make the job easier.

The more the merrier and alot of chances for still missing fan-favourites to join. Balance might be a bit messy but the game as of right now is pretty okay balance wise so I think it would be worth it. It is called Ultimate after all. Besides, it's not like the majority of casual players would care for that.

Devil trigger
This might seem hypocritical considering what I just said, as I can see the DMC games being ported to the Switch in Ultimate's lifespan. I don't want my last rating effect all my other ratings, however. So yeah, Capcom deconfirmed him due to DMC having no Nintendo precence. Even if that wasn't a problem. there are still other Capcom franchises I see having higher priority.

Want: Abstain

Monster Hunter: 55.26%
Metal Sonic x5

Top Bottom