• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Just your friendly reminder, if anybody is wondering, that there has been a lot of evidence surfacing that Mr. Grinch is in fact not as reliable as it seems...

I'll make sure to add some links, but many people are getting highly skeptical. Just thought I'd let y'all know; do not let a leak influence your rating opinions. End of daily reminder.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
When are the new things to rate coming up? (I would say characters, but I can’t forget about concepts!) :)

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
When are the new things to rate coming up? (I would say characters, but I can’t forget about concepts!) :)
October 26: Edelgard (Fire Emblem) & Concept: Black Knight as a boss character

October 27: Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) & Concept: All-Star Versus

October 28: Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses protagonist & Concept: Octopath Traveler character

October 29: Item: Beast Ball (Pokémon) & Concept: Punch-Out newcomer

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Papyrus
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

I don't think anyone from Undertale would get in as a playable character. If you were to humor anyone, wouldn't you pick the main character? Papyrus seems better suited as an assist trophy or just a regular trophy. But overall, I just don't see this happening at all.

Tsubasa Oribe

HOOBOY we got a character whose game had alienated a lot of people. Here's some history for ya. This was the teaser of SMT x FE from 2013.

And two years later of no information, this is the product of that crossover.

Now as for Tsubasa herself, no chance. No chance in hell. I was "wait and see" on the crossover, seeing it less about the characters themselves interacting and more an Original IP with elements from both series, and idol stuff, it didn't click. It wasn't my cup of tea. Caeda has a 3D model thanks to Warriors, put her in the game as a trophy, dammit! You have no excuse, Smash!

Toon Zelda x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Abstaining on the other guy.

Papyrus

Chance: 0%. If we were to get an Undertale character, it would either be Frisk or Sans. And we likely wont get an Undertale character regardless.

Want: abstain.

Nominations: CSE x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Papyrus

Not Sans nor Fisk. Not going to happen.

Want: 5%

He's cool, but there ave other UT choices I'd rather have.

Tsubasa Oribe

Chance: 1%

Sadly, TMS flopped. On top of being a game that both SMT and FE fans dislike. And even then, I see other Atlus character happening over her.

Want: 100%

Personally, TMS is not a bad game at all and one of my favorite Wii U rpgs. I think of a day that it could get a sequel, even if chances are slim.

The story is light good feel stuff, I love the cast of characters, and the soundtrack is good. It's truly a Wii U hidden gem that I would sell my soul to get a Switch port. I'd imagine that it would help alot.

Plus Tsubasa would be a fun character to play as. Healer, wind user, Pegasus Knight, and singing. What's not to like?

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Welp, its 2 1/2 hours past 5, so I'm gonna start Edelgard and Black Knight (boss)

ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM WAIFU
DLC: 25%
Want: 50%

Not much is known about Edelgard yet, other than the fact that she is a playable character in FE: Three Houses. She wields swords (REEEEEEE!) magic and axes in battle. (Something we haven't seen for FE in Smash yet.) She sounds interesting but the game is not released yet and still is fairly new.

THAT ONE BAD@$$ KNIGHT (as a boss)
Chance: 50%
DLC (playable): 15%
Want: 65%

Him being playable is fake news for the base roster. DLC gives him hope, but since I don't want him as an echo character, a boss role seems fitting. It disconfirms his chances of playability, but he can do so much more with the boss role than copying all of Ike's moves. He'd put up a good fight and he'd make an amazing villain in Spirits/Adventure mode.

Nominations: Xurkitree x5
Almost in the top 7 boi!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
"It is passed 5 PM EST, are we allowed to start for the next day?"

is what I was about to say if PokeFan didn't say anything before me. Rating for Edelgard and Black Knight Boss to come soon. I didn't want to start a new day myself without TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom at least being here...
I am here now, was taking a catnap.

Abstaining X 5 Sora

New day.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Edelgard

DLC: 50%
Impossible for her to be in the base game since she was revealed just recently. I think she is a prime candidate for DLC to promote the latest FE game just like Roy and Corrin did.

Want: Abstain
I love her design though her game hasn’t been released yet so I don’t think it’s fair to fully judge her yet. All I hope is that Edelgard at least utilizes her axe and magic if she makes it in.

-----

Concept: Black Knight as a boss character

Chance: 20%
I think boss characters are mainly reserved for giant characters or those who can do crazy things like fly around. Black Knight would probably be more suited as an assist trophy or even a character.

Want: 50%
I don’t really care either way. It'd be cool if he was a boss but if he isn't then I won't lose any sleep over it.

-----

Nominations: Kat & Ana x5

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Eagle Guard (I'm assuming this is for DLC).

Chance: 20%. I think people are overestimating her odds a little. She's one of the four main characters (I think) and she doesn' have much going for her in specific. Not saying she's impossible, but it feels like Decidueye from Pre-E3.

Want: Abstain.

Boss Black Knight

Chance: 35%. It has a chance, certainly more than playable Black Knight. But I somehow doubt it, I would think that a FE boss would be an endgame dragon like Duma or Grima. Or maybe Rudolf or Walhart, I don't know.

Want: Abstain

Nominations: CSE x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
double abstain

Edelgard looks cool, but she also looks lightweight, along with her (pole)axe. I want Hector.

As for Black Knight being a boss, most bosses seem to be huge. Are they going to give Black Knight a mushroom? Otherwise, he's just a tall human. I don't see the point of that.

Nominations:

Merric x5

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Double abstain, AKA TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom please ban Fire Emblem noms after Merric, because I don’t want to ruin it for all the people who nominated Merric.

Noms:9-volt x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Edgelord (I have been waiting so long to use that.)
Not only is she a Fire Emblem character, she's a character from a game that hasn't even released yet! She'll be lucky if she's mentioned in SSBU at all.
We don't need any more FE characters. We have enough.
I feel like I've posted this before.

Abstaining from You've got the power.
Snipperclips prediction: 1%
All-star versus prediction: 70%
Noms: Chorus Kids x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Edelgard

Chance: 0: Not happening for base roster since her game isn't even released in Japan yet. I'll be willing to revisit her for DLC, but yeah, absolutely not going to happen at the base roster.

Want: 0: sitting her at 0 right now because I have no idea how she would play or even what class she is. Once I learn more about her I would be willing to bump the score up.

Boss Black Knight:

Chance: 40: If there's going to be a Fire Emblem boss I feel like he's got to at least be in the running. Only reason I don't have him higher is because I think I saw something about Ike having his attire still.

Want: 50: If I had to pick a Fire Emblem boss I would go with Grima first, but since we already have a giant dragon in the game with Rathalos I'm not sure how realistic that is. Black Knight is my second choice for an FE boss though.

Noms:
Joker x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Edelgard because her game is nowhere near out.

Boss: The Black Knight.

30% Chance. Directly assumes that Spirits will have boss battles, which we can't prove, or there's a stage boss in an FE stage, which is bs since they're all older stages.

35% Want. It's fine, but not really something I'm concerned over.

Noms: Unique puzzle game rep x 5.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Merric (Fire Emblem) x180
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x160
Slime x143
Barbara the Bat x140
Susie Haltmann x139
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x137
The Prince (Katamari) x133

150 - 101

Sans as a boss character x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Daroach x130
Saki Amamiya x130
Rhythm Girl x130
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x128
2B x126
Concept: Cross series Echoes x125
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Zeraora (Pokemon) x118
Klonoa x117
Chorus Kids x116
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x113
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x96
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Silvally x86
Quote x86
Concept: Historical Character x85
Toon Zelda x85
Joker (Persona) x84
9-Volt x83
[Rerate] Steve? x81
[Rerate] Sora x80
Earthworm Jim x79
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Stage: Melemele Island x75
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x75
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x75
Veronica x73
Item: Breidablik x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: DLC character pass x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Kat & Ana x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x49
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Adeleine x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Box Theory x34
Concept: Unique puzzle game rep x29
[Rerate] Gengar x28
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Blog Theory x24
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Stage: Yoshi’s Crafted World x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
[Rerate] Porky Minch x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Conker x10
Concept: Danganronpa music x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
Erdrick x5
Meloetta x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
[Rerate] Ninten x3
Creeper x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Assist Trophy: Creeper x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Goomba x1

Concept: Character Alternate costume DLC crosses 150 noms. Slime slides past Susie Haltmann and Barbara the Bat to get to third place. The Prince narrowly rolls into the top seven, making Sans as a boss character step down. And the top seven is about to get a whole lot more interesting...

Kat & Ana cut through 50 nominations.

Edit: now for my ratings

Edelgard

This is, of course, for base roster. Her game isn’t out yet. I don’t think we’ll even get a Gen 7 Pokemon, or Spring Man, or Rex, and their games at least released before the game. (I’ll give DLC scores after we learn all newcomers)

You might notice I’m a supporter on her thread. I love the way Three Houses looks. I love her design. She’d probably be really cool.

But characters should have merits before they get in, not after. And I want to prevent another Corrin.

Black Knight as a boss character

Chance: 76%
Let me say this: Black Knight never made sense as an Ike Echo. Taking that into account, he makes a lot of sense as a boss. Big, slow, bulky, but also strong. There’s no rule that says all bosses have to be big like Metal Face. That’s the role he was born to play.

Want: 90%
I’d love it if he were to be playable, but he was born to be a boss. Maybe even a recurring one, where you can’t reasonably win until near the end. That’d be neat.

Also, with all this Fire Emblem talk, it shouldn’t go unmentioned that Lyn isn’t playable yet. That’s not right.

Nominations: Donbe & HikariX5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Abstaining from chance. Giving Edelgard a 60% want.
Great voice, great design, prepromoted unit, axe. Would give higher, but her name isn't Celica, Caeda, or Merric.

Nominating Merric x5

D

Deleted member

Daily "Abstaining on both" post.

Noms:
Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Edelgard

Definitely not happening in the base roster since Three Houses is not even released yet. She's more likely to become playable through DLC to promote the game, though.

Any Fire Emblem character that is not a sword user would be a big plus for me. And Edelgard is definitely one of those character that I want in Smash more than anyone else.

Black Knight as a Boss Character

Chance: 75%
Let's be honest, Black Knight would have been better off as a Boss Character in Spirits Mode. He just doesn't make sense as Ike's Echo Fighter to me...He's too heavy and slow to utlilze any of Ike's movesets. What's worse is that he's yet another sword user and in my opinion, Chrom is more than enough for now.

I like Black Knight and as much as I want him playable, he's better off as a Boss Character for now. He definitely seems fitting in Spirits Mode since he's the kind of guy that would show up to haunt Ike or something.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Edelgard
Chance: 25% (DLC)
I could easily see another Corrin situation happening down the line with Three Houses. FE at this point is a franchise that will get characters based on promotion rather than fan demand, so that's why Edelgard gets the highest score I'm willing to give an FE character. Still on the low side as I don't think Sakurai is going to act so tolerant with FE characters going forward.

Again as you all know I prefer to not get anymore FE characters joining the roster. Especially not a lance/spear wielder as it would take away uniqueness from BWD.

Edit: Whoops, she's an axe wielder actually. Shows how little I care. Score still stays a zero tho.

Black Knight as a boss
Chance: 5%
Again, his so called removal from Castle Siege never meant anything. And If we're getting an FE boss I'd wager they would be from a more recent game.
I see him just staying a Mii costume.

Want: 10%
There are more appealing boss ideas out there to me than just big guy in armor with sword. I'll pass.

The prince x5

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Edelgard:

Chance - 0%

The game isn't even out yet... DLC however, it could be different but I think it is too early to say anything yet.

Abstaining from want because I know nothing about the character.

Black Knight as a boss:

Chance - 1%

Seems like a really random choice and the 'removal' from Castle Siege is a load of **** anyway. I feel other characters would be put above him for bosses.

Want - 0%

Sorry but there is much more interesting ideas for bosses out there. I don't play Fire Emblem but he is just some dude with a sword at the end of the day.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Edelgard
Chance: 0% on the base roster - As everyone else has said, three houses will be released months after ultimate and it’s unlikely that Sakurai knew about her at the time the roster was being finalized. She does appear to be an important character in Three Houses and I can see her being a major candidate for DLC
Want: 100% - Even with what little we know about her, she already looks far more unique than most FE characters in Smash. I hopping she doesn’t disappoint when Three Houses releases.

Black Knight as a boss
Chance: 10% - This is difficult to rate since we don’t really know what capacity bosses are going to be used in this game. I think it could happen, seeing as he’s one of the more popular villains in the series.
Want: 70% - I’d honestly prefer this over having him as an echo honestly. That being said, seeing more Tellius support in a post-awakening world is always welcome.

Nominations: Project Zero/Fatal Frame protagonist. X5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Merric (Fire Emblem) x180
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x160
Slime x143
Barbara the Bat x140
Susie Haltmann x139
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x137
The Prince (Katamari) x133

150 - 101

Sans as a boss character x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Daroach x130
Saki Amamiya x130
Rhythm Girl x130
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x128
2B x126
Concept: Cross series Echoes x125
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Zeraora (Pokemon) x118
Klonoa x117
Chorus Kids x116
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x113
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x96
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Silvally x86
Quote x86
Concept: Historical Character x85
Toon Zelda x85
Joker (Persona) x84
9-Volt x83
[Rerate] Steve? x81
[Rerate] Sora x80
Earthworm Jim x79
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Stage: Melemele Island x75
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x75
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x75
Veronica x73
Item: Breidablik x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: DLC character pass x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Kat & Ana x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x49
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Adeleine x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Box Theory x34
Concept: Unique puzzle game rep x29
[Rerate] Gengar x28
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Blog Theory x24
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Stage: Yoshi’s Crafted World x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
[Rerate] Porky Minch x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Conker x10
Concept: Danganronpa music x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
Erdrick x5
Meloetta x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
[Rerate] Ninten x3
Creeper x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Assist Trophy: Creeper x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Goomba x1

Concept: Character Alternate costume DLC crosses 150 noms. Slime slides past Susie Haltmann and Barbara the Bat to get to third place. The Prince narrowly rolls into the top seven, making Sans as a boss character step down. And the top seven is about to get a whole lot more interesting...

Kat & Ana cut through 50 nominations.

Edit: now for my ratings

Edelgard

This is, of course, for base roster. Her game isn’t out yet. I don’t think we’ll even get a Gen 7 Pokemon, or Spring Man, or Rex, and their games at least released before the game. (I’ll give DLC scores after we learn all newcomers)

You might notice I’m a supporter on her thread. I love the way Three Houses looks. I love her design. She’d probably be really cool.

But characters should have merits before they get in, not after. And I want to prevent another Corrin.

Chance: 76%
Let me say this: Black Knight never made sense as an Ike Echo. Taking that into account, he makes a lot of sense as a boss. Big, slow, bulky, but also strong. There’s no rule that says all bosses have to be big like Metal Face. That’s the role he was born to play.

I’d love it if he were to be playable, but he was born to be a boss. Maybe even a recurring one, where you can’t reasonably win until near the end. That’d be neat.

Also, with all this Fire Emblem talk, it shouldn’t go unmentioned that Lyn isn’t playable yet. That’s not right.

Nominations: Donbe & HikariX5
I think you might've forgotten my nominations from Papyrus and Tsubasa's day yesterday. Just letting you know :)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Abstaining from Black Knight as a boss

Edelgard

DOUBLE ZEROES

Per everyone else. I think a Three Houses character will be very, very likely to get a promotional DLC character at some point, but I'm not ranking DLC until the time comes. I think it's safe to say Edelgard won't be on the base roster when the game's not even out yet.

And once again, pre-DLC would be too soon for a character whose game isn't even out yet. I do like playing most of the Fire Emblem fighters though, and a Three Houses character would make perfect sense as a DLC fighter, so expect both scores to go way up later. Just not quite yet.

Nominations: Saki x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Edelgard

This character has basically no chance for base roster; who knows about DLC though. She is too new (she is probably the only character so far that we have rated that is newer than Smash Ultimate), and unlike Binding Blade that did have a character that worked as a echo, Three Houses doesn't.

Want: 30%

Eh... She would be a dissapointment of a character... and I think people are over hyping her... anyway; maybe a ended up liking her, who knows?

Black Knight as a Boss Fighter.

Chance: 30%

Well, Black Knight appearing in Smash Bros with some role it's something that has some weight and will ended up probably happening... who knows if he's a echo, a boss, or another kind of presence. But it's very possible he'll have something.

Want: 60%

I'm not sure how it would be his boss fight in a Smash context; but I want to see it xD.

____

Nominations: Character Alternate costume DLC x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Edelgard
I do all my ratings as pre-DLC, so this is definitely too late to happen.

Want: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Three Houses isn't out by a longshot, so...I have no attachment to her aside from her axe?

Black Knight Boss:
Chance: 15%
Honestly, I'm spitballing at this one. But there's certainly other potential Fire Emblem bosses to choose from; the only reason he has such a high chance is because of his absence in Castle Seige...which, honestly, I interpret as the development team trying to make the stage more generically Fire Emblem than specifically PoR/RD.

Want: 30%
I mean, it would be interesting to see him go up against Ike, but I'd honestly rather have a dragon as a boss.

Nominations: Concept - Historical Character x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Edelgard
Chance and Want: Abstain

We know jack **** about Edelgard or Three Houses. The history of Three Houses went like this

January 18th, 2017 - A new Fire Emblem game was announced to be released on the Nintendo Switch sometime in 2018.
One of Nintendo Quarterly reports states that Fire Emblem Switch would still be releasing on 2018.
June 12th, 2018 - After a year and a half of no information, we finally get a trailer of the game called Fire Emblem: Three Houses and that it was delayed to Spring 2019.

Since then, we haven't received another trailer or any new info since. The only reason Edelgard is even singled out because she speaks in the trailer and is shown fighting with an axe (in addition to using swords and apparently magic). A portrait of her was released alongside two other characters: Dimitri Rascalov and Claude. These three are stated to be the game's main characters. There's also the Nintendo UK's website mentioning "your protagonist." "Your protagonist" is speculated to be Byleth and is this game's avatar like Robin, Corrin and Kris were. DLC would be a better time to speculate because then, at least we'll know how these people play, but if I don't see Edelgard fusing magic into her weapon to boost damage, if she's just a girl that uses an axe, I'll focus my attention on FE candidates towards Azura and Tiki.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom can we please drop Fire Emblem Three Houses character and replace it with Merric for the next day? We're already rating someone from that game today, and immediately going from "Axe girl whose game we know little about" to "Anyone from this game we know little about" is redundant.

Finally (was secretly hoping BK would punt Tsubasa out of the Top 7, but I'll take Double Week.)

Overall, I think Black Knight would be a fun addition as a boss character in Ultimate. Yes, he got a Mii Costume in Smash 4, but not everyone was promoted to playable. Case in point: Ashley, Knuckles, Takamaru. I'm skeptical to how Black Knight could even work as an Echo of Ike. Even with the excuse that both men were trained by Ike's dad, how can you explain someone wearing armor as heavy looking as the Black Knight? This has nothing to do with the knight in Castle Siege, I just think Black Knight would be way more fun as a boss character then as an Echo.

Imagine a cutscene where the Black Knight shows up, scares the **** out of Inkling and Lucas. As they run then can try to hit Black Knight, but his health bar is not dropping, that's because that armor of his was blessed by the Goddess. A remix of his theme plays and even if Inkling and Lucas get away from him, he just warps out of nowhere thanks to his fancy warp powder. All hope is lost until Ike, the only man capable of dealing damage to Black Knight saves the day and challenges him to a 1v1 match. Ike is victorious and warp powder shenanigans kicks in causing only Black Knight's body to warp away leaving behind his armor. And then in Boss Mode Black Knight can be damaged normally by anyone because gameplay > story
IMG_1476.PNG
Toon Zelda x5

Klimax

Smash Ace
Edelgard
Chance and Want: 0%
I'm just done with Fire Emblem characters. Chrom was the only one that I wanted to see as a newcomer. Sakurai knows that people don't want more Fire Emblem.

I don't have any idea about his chance, so in my opinion, that's a coin toss.

He looks cool, he would make a wonderful boss.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Edelgard:

Chance: 10% - Well, she's definitely not getting into the base-game. I can see her being chosen for DLC, but that depends on what Sakurai thinks. He almost didn't add Corrin until his devs convinced him how he/she could be unique.

Want: Abstain - I don't really care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Black Knight as a Boss:

Chance: 50% - It could happen, it could not. I don't know how he would fight other than using his sword, but I can see Sakurai adding some sort-of Fire Emblem enemy/villain as a boss.

Want: Abstain - Again, I don't really care, whether it happens or not. How he looks like a walking suit of armor seems cool, though.

Nominations:

Chorus Kids x3
Steve? x1
Gengar x1

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Axe Waifu

Want: 1%

Well, for a FE character, she at least chose a different weapon...

Still, far too new, and we don't know if Sakurai'll eschew DLC at all even, much less for the FE crowd since they already got another character (and Zelda's still sitting at nothing new since Brawl...whose newcomer was for all intents and purposes a replacement of a Melee clone...) I think he'll be biased against FE in the DLC phase this round.

While a unique kit could be nice, I'd prefer Azura if we had to get a FE newcomer. Otherwise, I'd like the Zelda series another series to get the love.

Besides...aren't there three protagonists? What makes her better than the other two? (Yeah, I know, it's the internet and that question has an obvious and unfortunate answer)

Abstain on Black Knight.

Nom: DLC costumes x5

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Edelgard: 20%. Want: 45%.

She'd be cool as an axe weilder but I don't think she's in the base game. Maybe as DLC for 3 houses.

Black Knight boss: Change: 80%. Want 100%.

Hot **** that would be pretty cool.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Edelgard

Chance: 60%

She has a decent chance for DLC but in the base game but as DLC, she has no chance.

Abstain from Black Knight.

Nom: Kat & Ana x5

Top Bottom