• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Monster Hunter Stage
chance
1%
If it was a stage they would have said it was during the MH AT or during the stage selection segment. I think this has to do with Story mode.

Want
I am all for new stages. But I really hope that the stage is more of a story mode thing and less of a stage.
50%

nominating
rick,coo and kine x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
OK before I post, I have some news, there will be a revamp of the front page soon. It will either happen today or tomorrow, but soon.

Secondly, I figured since people have nommed things that have been on the schedule, I will repost it. I also added one more double day just for kicks.

Day 142 - Isaac and Felix
Day 143 - Isabelle and Shadow
Day 144 - Porky and Masked Man
Day 145 - Ken and Black Shadow
Day 146 - Black Knight and Skull Kid
Day 147 - Banjo & Kazooie and Geno
Day 149 - Lloyd Irving and Heihatchi
Day 150 - Bandana Dee and Magalor
Day 151 - Dixie Kong and Shantae

Day 152 - Hilda and Impa

So why a fixed schedule we are rushing through? Well, for starters the 8/8 direct did leave some room for reevaluation. Echos seem to be more plentiful, we got two newcomers shown off, and we know more about the game now. This flux of info could lead to outdated ratings. Now for why these characters were chosen? Most of these are getting a good bit of speculation rn, I felt a Mother day would be fun, and let's be honest Black Shadow is not in the Bottom 10 or so of characters especially now with more info.

If we get a direct announced either for smash or a general nintendo direct during this schedule, the game will go on hold and we will do our predictions, reactions, and satisfaction ratings.

Now, lets go on to today.

Monster Hunter Stage

99.99% Chance

Yes. I think this is a lock to be honest. The fact they ported over assets from Monster Hunter, chose one of the most iconic monsters to be a boss, and by the looks of it will have some Monster Hunter music makes me very skeptical that this is just going to be in story mode. Will they probably reuse Rathalos as a boss in story mode? Of course. Expect Metal Face, Dark Emperor, Dracula, and the Yellow Devil to show their mugs too. But I could not see them doing all this effort for a series as popular in Japan as monster hunter just to leave it in a single player mode. I don't buy it.

As for the whole we have all the stages, I don't buy that either. People have pointed out one screenshot as a skybox that looks like Orbital Gate Assault, and Mute City being renamed Mute City SNES makes me think that is going to come back too. So at a bare minimum we have another two stages that are missing. Combine that with the fact I feel we are going to get newcomers from non repped franchises, be it third parties or things like Isaac or a Rhythm Heaven Rep, and I feel that while we have seen most of the stages, I doubt we have seen all of them. 103 stages could just mean the number of stages that were shown off officially at that point.

As for Rathalos not being shown with his stage, we have seen some stages teased before we saw them in full. New Donk City is perhaps the biggest offender, but we also have so many stages before they were officially confirmed via screenshots or character clips.

100% Want

To be honest this is not even for the stage itself but what it means. I love the idea of non repped third party series getting their music and a stage in smash. I love the idea of being able to do things like fight in a Chrono Trigger stage or what have you. Seeing franchises in smash without a character is fine, there are so many great locations to explore.

Nominating Ninten X 10.

Also, on nominations. I am thinking of making the writing requirement go to chance and want as well (two sentences at least each). I feel encouraging reasoning and discussion is healthy as well as healthy debate. So long as things do not get too heated and they remain in their own day, I am fine. Also, we have not had a purge in a while, but I can say that I will likely do a noms purge sometime in late September. Probably September 30th. If I delay it I will inform y'all.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter Stage:

Chance: 50%
It's currently unknown if the stage featured with Rathalos is boss specific like the alternate version of Dracula's Castle or not.

Want: 90%
Ultimate currently has too few new stages, so getting more would absolutely be welcome (though, I'd still want more even if we got 100 new stages). I do have to knock off a few points for the potential of the stage being ruined with an annoying boss in the way (I'm looking at you, Yellow Devil).

Nominate: FE Spear User x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
OK before I post, I have some news, there will be a revamp of the front page soon. It will either happen today or tomorrow, but soon.

Secondly, I figured since people have nommed things that have been on the schedule, I will repost it. I also added one more double day just for kicks.

Day 142 - Isaac and Felix
Day 143 - Isabelle and Shadow
Day 144 - Porky and Masked Man
Day 145 - Ken and Black Shadow
Day 146 - Black Knight and Skull Kid
Day 147 - Banjo & Kazooie and Geno
Day 149 - Lloyd Irving and Heihatchi
Day 150 - Bandana Dee and Magalor
Day 151 - Dixie Kong and Shantae
Day 152 - Hilda and Impa

So why a fixed schedule we are rushing through? Well, for starters the 8/8 direct did leave some room for reevaluation. Echos seem to be more plentiful, we got two newcomers shown off, and we know more about the game now. This flux of info could lead to outdated ratings. Now for why these characters were chosen? Most of these are getting a good bit of speculation rn, I felt a Mother day would be fun, and let's be honest Black Shadow is not in the Bottom 10 or so of characters especially now with more info.

If we get a direct announced either for smash or a general nintendo direct during this schedule, the game will go on hold and we will do our predictions, reactions, and satisfaction ratings.

Now, lets go on to today.

Monster Hunter Stage

99.99% Chance

Yes. I think this is a lock to be honest. The fact they ported over assets from Monster Hunter, chose one of the most iconic monsters to be a boss, and by the looks of it will have some Monster Hunter music makes me very skeptical that this is just going to be in story mode. Will they probably reuse Rathalos as a boss in story mode? Of course. Expect Metal Face, Dark Emperor, Dracula, and the Yellow Devil to show their mugs too. But I could not see them doing all this effort for a series as popular in Japan as monster hunter just to leave it in a single player mode. I don't buy it.

As for the whole we have all the stages, I don't buy that either. People have pointed out one screenshot as a skybox that looks like Orbital Gate Assault, and Mute City being renamed Mute City SNES makes me think that is going to come back too. So at a bare minimum we have another two stages that are missing. Combine that with the fact I feel we are going to get newcomers from non repped franchises, be it third parties or things like Isaac or a Rhythm Heaven Rep, and I feel that while we have seen most of the stages, I doubt we have seen all of them. 103 stages could just mean the number of stages that were shown off officially at that point.

As for Rathalos not being shown with his stage, we have seen some stages teased before we saw them in full. New Donk City is perhaps the biggest offender, but we also have so many stages before they were officially confirmed via screenshots or character clips.

100% Want

To be honest this is not even for the stage itself but what it means. I love the idea of non repped third party series getting their music and a stage in smash. I love the idea of being able to do things like fight in a Chrono Trigger stage or what have you. Seeing franchises in smash without a character is fine, there are so many great locations to explore.

Nominating Ninten X 10.

Also, on nominations. I am thinking of making the writing requirement go to chance and want as well (two sentences at least each). I feel encouraging reasoning and discussion is healthy as well as healthy debate. So long as things do not get too heated and they remain in their own day, I am fine. Also, we have not had a purge in a while, but I can say that I will likely do a noms purge sometime in late September. Probably September 30th. If I delay it I will inform y'all.
Agree with you on the nominations front. Two sentences for chance and two for want prevents stuff like ‘I think character is likely. I hate them tho’, which only hurts the spirit of discussion.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Monster Hunter stage
Chance: 0%
They have shown all 103 stages and monster hunter is not one of them. The Rathalos scene looks like a story or adventure mode thing to me.
I would love a monster hunter stage. I adore the series and it has some great locations to use.

I nominate Joker (Persona 5) x 5.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining for today.

------

Predictions

Story Mode: 66.12%

This should be an interesting day.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5
Leo (Fire Emblem Fates): x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Monster Hunter stage

Chance: 10%

I think what we saw with Rathalos is simply a boss battle for the mysterious mode. I'm personally not convinced we've seen every stage just yet, but I feel like if Monster Hunter was getting a full fledged stage, it would have shown up in the last direct.

Want: 50%

Completely indifferent. I certainly won't turn down a new stage but this isn't a huge priority for me.

Nominations: Gardevoir x10

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People have pointed out one screenshot as a skybox that looks like Orbital Gate Assault,
They were wrong, it was Lylat Cruise.

They added that blue planet to the section just before the fighters enter the atmosphere of another planet

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
MH stage 70%
It would be silly and upsetting to MH fans to have the stage only in Adventure Mode, especially with how it was shown off. The unplayable SSE boss stages were not really themed to specific games, so there's no reason to believe otherwise. Though it's still odd to be that "Stadium" you fight Petey on was not playable all the time, or "Meta Crystal" in 64. This stage is not a Smash original though and required third party licensing. No GOOD reason for that not to be playable, though it was odd it was not shown as such. I don't believe there are ONLY 103 stages necessarily though.

Nominate: Amaterasu x10

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Friendly correction the characters are spelled Heihachi and Magolor. :) Also can I suggest one more day for the fixed schedule? Some combination of Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, and Rhythm Girl. Three more frequently speculated characters who never got their own chance and want breakdown because of the concept day.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Monster Hunter Stage: Chance: 70%
With the Rathalos in the game and what suspiciously looks like an Adventure Mode stage, I think it's pretty likely that we might get a more 'Smash Friendly' variation of it for the main Smash mode. We've seen a different version of Dracula's Castle, so I wouldn't be all too surprised if we got a proper Monster Hunter stage.

Want: 80%
I'd definitely love to see a MonHun stage. I always enjoy Monster Hunter, and seeing it in Smash is quite the pleasant surprise, so yeah I'd be down for a new stage. Question is whether it will come with a Monster Hunter character as a playable character, but we've had franchises represented without playable characters in the past too like Balloon Fight, Hanenbow, Nintendogs, so I wouldn't mind if it was juts the stage alone.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter Stage

Chance - 17.5% - While it could be a surprise latter, I would have expected this to be announced alongside the Assist Trophy. A stage that looks similar to how Monster Hunter stages typically look was shown, but we don't know if it will be playable. While I do think it's possible, the fact that it wasn't shown already hurts my oppion too much.

Want - 60% - I find it mildly interesting. I know of the series, but do not care for it. Still, I recognize how important it is, so I'm fine with it.

Predicition

Story Mode - 35.25% - Can we predict this?

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X10

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Monster Hunter Stage:
Chance:
10%
Hard to tell, I feel like the 103 are all the stages we will get (at least in the base roster) and if we would get a MH stage, I think they would have shown it off with Rathalos. A third Party stage without Fitting playable character (Maybe?) would be a big Thing imo, so teasing it a bit, would take the surprise.
But then again, there definitely is a MH field and why go through the work of adding all the assets, Background etc and then don´t make a stage out of it, just add a platform and it should be fine. My guess is that, like the flat Dracula stage, it´s probably part of a boss rush/Story/spirit mode Kind of Thing. And if that´s the case, I really don´t see why they wouldn´t make a stage out of it as well.
If we get DLC, we might get the Monster Hunter...Hunter (more likely now after the huge success of MHWorld) and then they might add a stage if there isn´t one in the base roster already.

Want:
100%
Would be one of my most wanted stages. I´m a Long time MH fan and there are tons of Maps and places they could make a stage with.
Also as mentioned it would be the first third Party stage without a Fitting fighter (I think ^^"), which would open the door for other third Party stages.

Predict:
Story Mode: 26,94%

Nominations:
Fjorm x10

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
Monster Hunter Stage

Chance: 20%
If there's going to be a stage from Monster Hunter, they would have show it off alongside Rathalos. Also, I don't see a third-party stage being added without it's represented fighter. But who knows, Sakurai is unpredictable at this point and he might actually add a MH stage now that Rathalos is a boss character.

Want: 75%
I've only played a few Monster Hunter games, but I do know some stages in that game and it would be interesting to see in Smash. Again, I really don't see a third-party stage being added without it's fighter, but with Rathalos around, I can definitely see it happening.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Chance. We're going to the Ancestral Steppe in some way, shape, or form, but as what is the question.

Want: 90%. I'm not into Monster Hunter, but if I must be honest (while I do think it and the series look interesting), I want it solely for the help it gives to my most wanted.

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Monster Hunter stage

Chance: 25%
I'm not sure whether we're getting a stage from Monster Hunter or not. With Rathalos confirmed as a boss, I'm pretty sure we're getting a playable stage version of the one that Rathalos was in, but at the same time, I don't see it happening since MH doesn't have a fighter yet. So maybe, the stage will be revealed alongside the fighter from MH (which is highly unlikely at this point).

I would really like to have a Monster Hunter stage in Smash. Be it the Ancestral Steppe (which is the one that Rathalos was in) or any other places from Monster Hunter, I don't care as long as it's one of stage we can use in Smash.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Monster Hunter Stage

Chance: 15%
While a Monster Hunter stage is nice and all, but it wasn't announced alongside Rathalos. Sure, there was a stage that Rathalos was in, but I'm not sure whether they're gonna remade it into a playable stage or not. Also, when it comes to third-party stages, I don't think they're gonna be added unless a fighter from that series is a playable character, so I really don't see it happening at this point. But who knows, they might remade the boss stage into a playable one, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Want: 100%
I'm not into Monster Hunter, but it would be great if it had some representation in Smash. I know Rathalos was in, but a MH stage is certainly what I needed to truly represent the Monster Hunter universe in Smash.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Monster Hunter Stage
Chance 90%

Am I suppose to believe Sakurai brought over a Monster Hunter Stage, a third party stage no less, with music, one of, if not the most iconic monster in the series; Rathalos, and the stage isn't playable in some shape or form? How? And why? I could understand Sakurai doing that to stages personally developed for Smash, like Meta Crystal in 64, or some of the stages and platforms featured in Subspace Emissary back in Brawl, but content from a third party game?

That's feels very disrespectful. To bring over content like this, and the only light of day it gets is during a boss battle. Also, we don't even know for sure if 103 is the final number of stages. Despite me being more than satisfied with the number of stages, it'd be too soon to say if that's all we're getting in the base roster (don't forget DLC too).

Want 100%
The more the merrier I always say. Doesn't help that Monster Hunter is also becoming a favorite of mine. Though I doubt we're getting a playable character, considering they added all this content before revealing a Monster Hunter newcomer. But that's fine with me Rathalos, the music, and this stage will be enough for me to rep Monster Hunter.

Nomination: Amaterasu x10

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Oh shoot, I didn't realise Medusa was yesterday... Oh well, I'm doing it anyway.

Medusa
Chance:
35%
I'm not sure on her actual chance of getting in, since I don't think she's a character with a large enough fan base or ballot votes, plus she's not a currently relevant character (though neither was King K. Rool).
However, the current villains theme helps her, and she would be the first TRUE female villain (I don't count alt skin Wendy, while Dark Samus is an it). She's got history and since Sakurai worked on Uprising, she could be a bias pick for him. Being an echo only slightly increases her chances... but I don't think people have thought through Medusa as an echo quite well.

I'd love to see her playable, having a cool design and moveset potential. The 20% loss, however, is because I don't want to see her as or think she'd work as an echo. She's not really similar enough to Palutena and the moveset wouldn't match up or make sense for her character. Next to all existing echoes, she'd be the most out of place as one. As unique fighter though? Yes please!

Tapu Koko
Abstain. I have nothing to say about him other than he's possible.

MH Stage
Abstain. It's probable.

Nominations: Excitebiker x 6, Ray Mrk III x 4

D

Deleted member

Story mode
Chance: 55%
Want: 95%

Either it is the supposed Spirits mode or not, the lack of single-player modes was a major complaint towards Smash 4, the Wii U version in particular. And with Ultimate aimed to focus on players's most requested addition, there are high chances we'll get an adventure of some sort, either as a revamped mode from the Melee one or a revamped Smash Run.
And of course I would want one, hence why I keep voting for my Metroidvania-like concept that I wish will get rated before it meets the same fate as the female announcer one. -_-

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Isaac prediction: 59.61%
Felix prediction: 47.14%

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna abstain because I'm unsure what would count as a confirmed adventure mode

Nominate no more stages xMax

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten x313
Terry Bogard x287
Django x275
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x270
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x265
Concept: Hanafuda Character x252
Rowlet x250

Over 200

Jin Kazama x240
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Ray x217
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x215
Gardevoir x205

200 - 151

Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x193
Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Papyrus x180
Nathan Drake x180
Louie x160
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
No More Stages x140
Amaterasu x140
Rick/Coo/Kine x134
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Barbara x122
Item: Beast Ball x118
Klonoa x117
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x110
Fjorm x110
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x108
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Edelgard x95
Gooey x94
Zeraora (Pokemon) x94
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Dovahkiin x90
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Guzma (Pokémon) x70
Reimu Hakurei x70
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Frank West x60
Slime x58
Chorus Kids x56
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Black Knight as a boss character x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) x40
Silvally x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Adeleine x34
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25

Under 25

Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x24
Master Chief x20
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sans as a boss character x20
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x10
Kat & Ana x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Joker (Persona) x5
Leo (Fire Emblem) x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Diskun x1
Ninten slips past 300 nominations (yay!). Terry Bogard gets one over Django and steals second place. Reinhardt’s trophy takes fourth place from Phoenix Wright.

Jin Kazama breaks 200 nominations. He is now right at the gates of the top seven. Gardevoir also breaks 200.

Fjorm and Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode skate by 100 noms.

New challengers on the scene: Leo from Fire Emblem Fates, Joker from Persona 5 (5 noms each) and a rerate of Excitebiker with 6.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Story/Adventure Mode

Chance: 96%
Since the topic title says Story/Adventure Mode and not just Story mode, I'm rating it high because I think we'll get at least something similar to Adventure or the non-story parts of Brawl's story mode. I'm not sure if there will be anything more than the bare minimum of story, though.

Something would be nice, preferably a better (as in less sloggy) version of the stage parts of Brawl's story mode that's also quite similar to Melee's Adventure. However, I don't want an exact repeat of Melee's Adventure.

Nominations
Terry Bogard x 5 (unless it's still x10 then that)

Predictions abstain due to lack of info on my part

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Adventure/Story Mode

Chance: 85%
I'm pretty sure we're getting some kind of Adventure/Story Mode in Smash since it was teased in the August Direct, but I'm not sure whether it's like the one in Melee or the one similar to the Subspace Emissary in Brawl. But the thing is, we're definitely getting a single-player mode of some kind.

I would absolutely love it for Smash Ultimate to have a Story Mode of some kind. I like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl and because of that, I really want them to implement a Story Mode in Ultimate just to relive the experience.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x5 (or x10 if it's still there)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Story Mode

Abstain from chance since I just can’t risk my little heart being hurt.

However want is at 100%
I’ll give some context. In my opinion the best Smash game is Brawl. There are many things that factor into this, like roster, content, mechanics, but the most important is probably the Subspace Emissary. It’s one thing for a crossover to feature characters from different universes, but it’s a whole different beast to watch them interact. Beyond just punching each other, you had stuff like Olimar being scared of Falcon, Lucas and Red bonding, Dedede being a badass, R.O.B.’s redemption, so many cool moments achieved just by taking all of these separate pieces and throwing them together in new ways.

Subspace Emissary isn’t perfect. Many would like to visit locales and fight enemies from the games, rather than OCs. That’s valid. Some might prefer the Kirby-esque style, others might want a swap to Metroidvania, I’m fine either way. It’s really all about the cutscenes. 4 and Ultimate’s trailers have so much care and attention put into them, I can’t help but wonder how a Ultimate iteration of SSE would look. Just think of the possibilities! Belmont, Mega Man and Pit back together. Bayonetta hunting Pit down. Duck Hunt Dog as the villain we all know him to be. K. Rool back at it after so many years, but this time the Kongs bring Fox or whatever to help.

Sorry for the rant, but yeah I want a story mode. Sorry, but Melee’s is just disjointed and way too short. After the complaints about 4’s lack of content, we might actually have a chance of getting a meaty story mode, but I won’t keep my hopes up. Smash Run is good, but there’s a difference between a short mode you play over and over again and a long one.

Who knows? Maybe the easy way to unlock characters Sakurai mentioned is this.

Isaac prediction: 67%
And I’m actually lowballing it, just because Isaac’s fanbase is so pessimistic.
Felix prediction: 13%
Expecting a lot of ‘literally who’s.

Nominations: NintenX5
Phoenix WrightX5

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Story and Adventure Mode

Chance-80%
There's going to be some special mode in Ultimate. Considering Subspace is heavily requested and this is the fan service game, I suppose something along those lines would make sense. If this Spirits thing is special enough to get its own Direct, then I assume we can expect something similar to Subspace in Ultimate. Perhaps being a method to unlocking characters in the game.

Want-85%
I'm only giving this a high score based on cutscenes. Subspace's cutscenes were the only reason people enjoyed it. And that's not to say they were bad. Good lord, those cutscenes could be a standalone Smash minimovie of some sort and it'd still be great. I just hope they improve the gameplay aspect which really hindered it to me. It was mostly just a generic linear pathway. If there were more puzzles or certain characters could get into certain areas using their unique properties. Just something to make it more than a glorified hack and slash side scroller.

Nominations
10x New Xenoblade rep

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Story and Adventure Mode

Chance 80%
Surly that new mode Sakurai has under wraps has to be some kind of adventure mode, we just don't know what it's about.

Want 100%
I was disappointed when Smash 4 didn't had an adventure mode. So to see it potentially come back would be great (along with boss rush too). I'm hoping when we get more info on it, it turns out to be something like Subspace Emissary, but with greatly improved, with cutscenes that made Subspace worth playing through.

Nomination: Amaterasu x5 (x10 if it's still available)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Story/Adventure Mode

Chance: 80%
It's most likely that blurred out mode shown at the end of the August direct. They are really pushing everything with this game so I feel there will be at least some sort of adventure mode.

I loved Melee and Brawl's adventure modes. SSB4 was lacking in the single-player department so adventure mode would be great to have again.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5 (or x10 if that's still going on)

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Story/Adventure Mode

Chance: 75%
After that direct I believe that there is a chance it might be similar to Melee's adventure mode. What is it? We'll see.

After what Smash 4 having no Adventure mode makes me want it even more!

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
story mode
chance
I think we will get some sort of sotry mode. Not to the length of Brawl but a fun mode wjere we get ot see charcters interact with each other in some fasion.
75%

want
I loved SE in Brawl. So to have it cut and no real replacemnt in S4 was sad so I hope we a story mode of some kind come in with this spirits
100%

nominating
rick coo kine x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Story mode:
Abstain? Will make a new post if I change my mind. Reason being going to type this I realized I'm not sure where the line is between true story mode and Melee style Adventure Mode. Would people consider the latter a story mode? And if it's not I'm not sure how I would split the chance between the styles just yet... not to mention if it's a Metroidvania/Great Maze style mode.

Nominate: Amaterasu x10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Some Story Mode

Chance: 25%

I feel loke we’ll definitely be getting something for single players this round after Sm4sh dev time went to making two versions of the game. After all, the mystery mode has been shown to take up as much space on the menu as a normal Smash.

I don’t think we’re gonna get something too impressive though. The game has an insane number of characters/music/stages, so a full SSE is not gonna happen. People do seem to want cutscenes, but with the allotted data soze of the game, that also doesn’t seem to be happening.

Smash run is looking much less likely, so I guess the new mode will be similar in that we can run characters through a map and beat enemies, but there’ll be something else going on there. I guess we’ll have to wait for another Smash direct around Oct/Nov timeframe.

Nom: unpopular character x10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Story Mode

Chance: Abstain.

Subspace is literally the only reason why I go back to Brawl. Can the game truly be Ultimate without one? ...Probably, but still. Please, Sakurai.

Nominating Reinhardt Trophy x10

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Adventure/Story Mode

Chance: 50%

It all comes down to what that blurred out mode really is. Would love to see another one. I'd be fine to see one in the style of Melee, but one in the style of Brawl can give us new character interactions. Who doesn't want to see Pit get weirded out by the site of both Mario and Dr. Mario, or the Inkling acting all chummy chummy with Ridley of all people (or dragons)?

Nominations
Rowlet x10

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Story Mode:

Chance:
80%
I am nearly certain that we will get some Kind of single Player mode (Spirits?), it´s just the Question if that will be a Story/Adventure mode or Maybe something more similar to missions etc.
My guess is that the Spirits mode is the main mode to unlock characters. You have a small Story for each character linked to the reveal Trailers and to unlock them you have to save them by going through an Adventure/subspace like stage/stages with a certain character/characters defeating a boss/character (Dracula, Rathalos, Big K. Rool…). Don´t think there will be a cutscene for every character (Maybe if multiple characters are in a single Scene/unlock Event, otherwise that would be way too many), but likely some Kind of "Story", so I guess that would Count as a Story mode, even if I doubt it will be something as big as subspace with an actual big connected Story.

Want:
100%
Brawls Subspace was really fun, seeing all These childhood characters working together or fighting against each other in tons of funny cutscenes was Pretty much what I often imagined as a child.
But that was many years ago and now the cutscenes/reveal Trailers are even more amazing, I wouldn´t mind if they made a Smash Bros. movie or a whole series/anime in the style of those Trailers. The more of These Trailers, the better.
Also I´d really like a single Player mode, because my Connection is terrible and barely anyone I know Plays Smash ;.;

Predict:
Isaac: 38,94%
Felix: 30,45%

Nominations:
Fjorm 10x

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Abstaining because I'm not sure what exactly counts for a story/adventure mode.

Nomination: Nathan Drake x5

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
Adventure/Story Mode

Chance: 90%
With the August Direct teasing a new mode, I'm pretty sure that's going to be the Adventure/Story Mode. But I still don't know if it's going to be similar to the Subspace Emissary in Brawl or is it just going to be just like the Adventure Mode in Melee. Plus, it might be the way to unlock certain characters and maybe this is where we face bosses like Dracula or Rathalos, as seen in the Direct.

Subspace Emissary is one of the reason I love Brawl. And I was really disappointed that Smash 4 lacks a Single Player mode of some kind, so I hope Ultimate bring some kind of Story/Adventure Mode in the game. It would definitely be interesting to see characters like Ryu or Simon interacting with other characters in the game.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Story Chance: Rathalos% (in other words, 50%). Rathalos is either going to be a story mode boss or part of stage 104/105 (counting training), and there's no real inbetween that makes sense.

Want: 100%. I don't have a lot of friends, so Smash 4 really tanked the value of singleplayer to ridiculous degrees.

Top Bottom