• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Female Announcer

Chance: 5%
Want: 10%

Could possibly happen, but I tihnk they'll just stick with Xander right now. And there would be a lot of stuff to record again.

Saber Prediction: 3.44%

Nominate Hilda(ALBW) x5
Concept: More Than 5 Unique Newcomers x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gee, Smash Ultimate, how come you get TWO announcers?
Double Zeros
There isn't really any reason for them to add a second announcer, and I'd rather they use their resources on better voice clips for playable characters.

Saber prediction: 0.1%
Noms: Nathan Drake x10

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Abstaining from female announcer.

I'm expecting around 4-6 each for both unique newcomers and echoes to answer the earlier question.

Nominations: Heihachi x10

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Dunno why so many are giving 0s for want. Like you actively despise the idea for some reason. Is it going to shrink your testicles that much if a woman announces the game? If it's as irrelevant as you say, you should be rating it that way.
To be blunt, the same could be said for rating anything low. Is Blue Bowser getting in really going to make you roll around on the floor crying like a baby or is Isaac or Geno not getting in really going to make you stomp your feet and say you refuse to play the game? People have given perfectly fine characters 0's in Want (and Chance) all through this.

Truth is, people have the right to want or not want a female announcer. We already have a male announcer confirmed with very little reason to suspect another one is going to hop out of some box and say "SURPRISE, I'M AN ANNOUNCER TO!" cause 95% of the player base really won't care who the announcer is as long as they don't sound like garbage and bring the "Smash" feel with their work. It's understandable to worry a female announcer could match the current ones as well. Jessica Walter does seem more in line in what I'd prefer, but I personally worry they'd get a DVA or Waifu based voice instead. The guys we have had have done an excellent job, no reason to kick our announcer just to meet a quota of having a different type of person voice it. Even the aspect of another male would worry me as they could also fail to deliver.

But as we know it, we are on the tail end of reveals and most people don't really care or want to think about some secondary announcer to meet a gender quota. This isn't even say Jessica Walter Announcer or Secondary Announcer, it's literally voting on Female Announcer making the Gender the defining outlook on the vote instead of quality.

In terms of how many newcomers and echoes I suspect... I'd wager 3-4 Newcomers and 4-6 Echoes. I think we'll only be getting 1-2 more reveal Directs from Sakurai as the gap felt pretty long.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why? We already have an announcer, and he's fine. And why is this up for rating when we have the announcer confirmed, when we cut 'DK/Diddy/Rool canon voices' which is also confirmed not to occur?
Well maybe if more people helped voting for this concept in time before the confirmation of Xander Mobus returning things would have been different yeah? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
To be blunt, the same could be said for rating anything low. Is Blue Bowser getting in really going to make you roll around on the floor crying like a baby or is Isaac or Geno not getting in really going to make you stomp your feet and say you refuse to play the game? People have given perfectly fine characters 0's in Want (and Chance) all through this.
Additional characters will affect my game experience far more than audio options that I will simply not use if I don't like them.

The NA version of Smash has Spanish and French language settings. I had to look this up, because it is designed so you don't have to adjust this setting if you already have your console set to the language you want. A different version of the announcer would affect my experience just as much.

Annoying characters will need to be used to unlock everything. Annoying characters will be used by people I play, especially if I'm playing online. Announcer options are far more trivial than characters.
Truth is, people have the right to want or not want a female announcer.
And "SJWs" have the right to ask for one. It doesn't seem to have prevented you from complaining about them even though they have the right to do it. Weird how that works.
We already have a male announcer confirmed with very little reason to suspect another one is going to hop out of some box and say "SURPRISE, I'M AN ANNOUNCER TO!" cause 95% of the player base really won't care who the announcer is as long as they don't sound like garbage and bring the "Smash" feel with their work.
Yes, which is why I don't think it's very likely. It is not something I strongly desire, but I also don't understand why anyone would be annoyed by it.
Jessica Walter does seem more in line in what I'd prefer, but I personally worry they'd get a DVA or Waifu based voice instead.
I'm pretty sure they're aware that certain styles that are popular in Japan are not popular in the US and vice versa.
This isn't even say Jessica Walter Announcer or Secondary Announcer, it's literally voting on Female Announcer making the Gender the defining outlook on the vote instead of quality.
This point is nonsensical. Nobody is saying they want a female announcer even if she's crappy. There are plenty of good female voice actors out there, and there isn't any reason to assume that a female announcer would mean they'd do some horrible crappy thing. None. Unless you think that female voices are just awful for some reason.

And even if they did use a crappy voice actor... it would affect your life about the same amount as the fact that there are French and Spanish voices on your copy of Smash 4.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Xander Mobus has already been confirmed. It's unlikely they'd let us choose.
Want: 100%
As long as it's a cool or cheesy announcer like the ones in Overwatch or Skullgirls and not a boring one like League of Legends, I'd be down for the option.

Last edited:

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Female Announcer

Chance: 1%
I don't see this happening, since Xander Mobus was already confirmed as the announcer and the fact that Smash Bros. games only had one announcer. There's no need to add a second one unless it's really necessary.

Want: 5%
Having an option to switch announcers would be a good thing, but fighting games like this tends to have only one announcer. Again, I wouldn't mind having the option to switch between announcers.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5
Jin Kazama x5

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I wouldn't mind a female announcer, it could happen eventually. It won't in Ultimate, but maybe later on. I just care that they're good at it.

I'd actually rather have another announcer in this one altogether. I love Xander, I have nothing against him or his performance. He does a great job, but I just like the idea of diversifying it in every game to keep it fresh.

If anything, getting the old announcers back and adding the option to choose your favourite would just add to the Ultimate. I wouldn't have expected them to but that'd be pretty cool.

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Concept: Female Announcer

We already have Xander Mobus as the announcer of Smash Ultimate, we really don't need a second one. But knowing Sakurai, he might actually add a second announcer. I mean, he broke the rule of only having one character per third-party series with Richter Belmont, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did add a female announcer in Ultimate.

Want: 80%
I gotta admit, having a female announcer in Smash would be fantastic, as long as they picked the right VA for it. They just need the option to switch between the male and female announcers.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Female announcer (great another easy rating day)
chance
short version is nope. No reason to we have a announcer doing a great job for the game in Xander Mobus and I don't see the reason to add another voice option its not like its another language or anything. Just seems to be no reason to have another announcer for the whole reason to have a diffrent gender represented. If you don't like the announcer just don't play with volume imo
0%

want
I am fine with any good announcer as long as they just don't suck. But I feel like it would be a lot of work they could put elsewhere to record for a female announcer. I would rather have new voice lines for charcters and AT than just for another announcer who would do the exact same thing as the one we have now.
0%

nominating
rick,coo and kine x10

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Female announcer

Maybe the game will feature some kind of announcer edit that will allow you to choose which announcer you want, so Sakurai could surprise us, but with Xander Mobus already back in action and being prominent again... I'm doubtful.

Want: 0%

Not interested. Xander Mobus is fine enough for me.

------

Predictions

Saber (Fate/Stay Night): 3.78%

I don't see this rating being particularly high because most will automatically jump to the conclusion that Saber is an anime character and is thus disqualified from being in Smash... when in reality, she originated from a Visual Novel, which counts as a video game. Perhaps her score will be on the higher end of the lower-rated characters if people also take into consideration how massive of a franchise Fate has became thanks to Fate/Grand Order.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x10

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Female Announcer

It's very unlikely for them to take the time to hire an actress and record lines for something so minor while efforts an resources can go to far more important things.

Let's face it, we live in the real world where there are limits to time, money and even disk space for the game, everything that gets in is at the expense of something else regardless of how big or small it is. Honestly, I consider putting any of that toward something as pointless as a second announcer to be a complete waste.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Female Voice Announced

5%??? Chance

Non-zero chance, and it would be great to keep the CSS fresh in a representative way, but it doesn't seem like something most people think about and if it has been considered it's probably far from priority. While Nintendo games are great about giving gender choice options for playable avatarlike characters, menus and "mascot" flexibility is all but unheard of.

Nominations:
Magolor x10

Looking for someone with an actual chance to nominate?

I would like to encourage people to nominate Ken and Heihachi faster as well. Both on Smashboards and Resetera these two seem to be the most speculated characters we have yet to rate at all. While I am very skeptical on Heihachi, Ken seems borderline inevitable based on the combination of a certain reliable leaker and common sense. Food for thought.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’m working on the kinks for a fixed schedule. Furthermore, please weigh in on whether we should speculate total number of newcomers and echos, as well as if Kamek and Canon voice lines are dead. You can weigh in until 4 pm edt.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Thinking Kamek and Canon voice lines are dead. Would speculating on the number of newcomers and echos include the ones we already know?

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Total number of newcomers is essentially rating how much work they're keeping hidden from us - which by all accounts is almost impossible to predict. Heck, betting that they could make every veteran presentable by E3 was already kind of a stretch. We may as well save votes by removing those categories, even if they'll have the most interesting Chance ratings between June 12 and December 7 of this year.

Rerating echoes wouldn't be so productive, I think. Their only big break was the reveal of echoes in the E3 Direct, and the reveal of Chrom and Dark Samus have only improved those chances. At this point, it's a question of whether Dixie Kong or Funky Kong is the DK echo, and how high people are willing to rate Shadow's inclusion.

Concept: Female Announcer

Just because every triple-A game that comes out these days features painstakingly-recorded dialogue doesn't mean that people get to downplay how much work goes voice acting. It's essentially doubling the workload for a feature that was already working fine and hadn't ever really seen a demand for a female counterpart. Nothing stops them from going the whole way, certainly, but there's enough reused sound effects going around Ultimate's demo that I can only assume they're being as efficient with their sound sets as possible.

Want: 75%
Well sure, why not? But don't do it just because the representation zealots have been eyeing your door, do it because it's fun. Do it as a treat, not as an obligation, because that's where Smash really thrives.

Prediction
Saber: 0.5%

Nominations
Guzma x10

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Female Announcer

Chance: 10%
It won't happen this game but who knows in the future?

Want: 75%
Only if it's Rina Chan, but I'm biased since she did the Announcing for the OG Smash Flash game, her soft voice suited the pleasant names of the Cast
In saying that Xander does a great Job already.

NOM: Gardevoir

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Lady Announcer

Chance- 50%
Want- 50%

I don't personally care as long as this lady can do a good "big dumb announcer voice".

Nominations- Tora and Poppi x5

D

Deleted member

Abstaining in both chance and want scores, as I've lost the will to rate this concept.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Saber (really?) prediction: 0.24%

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
OK So here is the fixed schedule I had in mind, including existing days.

August 20th - Day 131 - Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
August 21st - Day 132 - Concept: Female Announcer
August 22rd - Day 133 - Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
August 23th - Day 135 - Nihilego (Pokemon)
August 24th - Day 136 - Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton)
August 25th - Day 137 - Concept: Style Savvy Character
August 26th - Day 138 - Scorpion (Mortal Combat)

Viridi, Kamek, and Canon Voice Lines were removed due to being deconfirmed. To replace them...

August 27th - Day 139 - Tapu Koko and Medusa
August 28th - Day 140 - Concept: Monster Hunter Stage
August 29th - Day 141 - Concept: Adventure/Story Mode

The reasoning for these choices is as follows. Monster Hunter Stage and/or story mode have been teased, and I want to see what we all think. Now for the last bit I felt that Tapu Koko was a decent choice to rise up. It is a decently likely choice for a Gen 7 mon that I feel we should review. Medusa also makes sense as a Palutena echo, and due to Viridi's deconfirmation I wanted something Kid Icarus rated this day. I considered other characters, but they played better into my fixed schedule. Without further ado...

Day 142 - Isaac and Felix
Day 143 - Isabelle and Shadow
Day 144 - Porky and Masked Man
Day 145 - Ken and Black Shadow
Day 146 - Black Knight and Skull Kid
Day 147 - Banjo & Kazooie and Geno
Day 149 - Lloyd Irving and Heihatchi
Day 150 - Bandana Dee and Magalor
Day 151 - Dixie Kong and Shantae

The logic for each of these days is as follows. Isaac seems like a decent shot now that we know ballot support is important and Felix makes sense as an echo, so they are rated together. With echoes seeming to be more prosperous than initially thought, Isabelle and Shadow seem like near locks. With villains likely, I figured we could rate the mother villains as well. Ken as an echo makes sense, and imo Black Shadow with Echos a thing makes so much more sense than before. Black Knight could be an Ike echo, with some hints towards that. Skull Kid is getting a ton of hype and as of now I feel that he could use a rerate. Banjo and Geno also are getting a lot of hype right now, and both seem like some of the more likely third parties we could get. Speaking of third parties, a second Namco rep is getting some hype, so I figured we could rerate Lloyd and finally discuss Heihatchi. Kirby is massively popular in Japan, so I put the two most requested ballot Kirby characters on the schedule. Finally, with Echos having some unique traits and K Rool being in the game, Dixie warrants another look. The Shovel Knight assist could either bode well for Shantae as her fiercest competition is removed from play, or doom her to the same fate. I chose to do a shorter fixed schedule since I wanted to get a lot of stuff done, so I did double days. If you hvae any concerns or feedback, please PM me before we start fixed days. You have until August 29th to pm me any thoughts or post them in the thread.

In terms of a calcs update: its coming. I am going to post it all at once and redo the front page. Expect that soon.

Finally, I would like to remind people of rule 2 in the OP. I know that this game has been a bit lax on that, but please keep it in mind, especially if you want your noms to be counted. I have not come down too hard on this in past days, but from today onward it will be enforced far more.

Day over, rate Saber from Fate/Stay Night and predict Nihilego.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna go double 0, I'll admit, never heard of this, but for me, if I've never heard of it, it should probably get a double 0 (admittedly, Richter wasn't a name I knew, but I new other belmonts existed and have seen movesets for Simon take from Richter)

Nihiligo 9%

Nominate no more stages xMax

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Saber

Chance: 0%
AFAIK the Fates series has no relevance to Nintendo apart from one of the later games in the series being ported to the Switch. Third party slots are limited and in general Saber herself is no where near as iconic as say Ryu or Simon.

Doesn't really interest me and again third party slots are limited already.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x10

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
When it comes to visual novel series that are popular in the West, Fate, CLANNAD, and Steins;Gate come to mind. Among those popular visual novels, Fate has the biggest global fanbase. If Sakurai were to add a third party from the visual novel genre, I believe it would be Saber. In case you were wondering, visual novels are considered video games to Masahiro Sakurai, based on this bolded bit in a Sakurai x Nomura interview:

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

"Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta),Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others). Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well. As a generation, a lot of us were directly impacted by the dawn of the PC and the home gaming console. For me personally, it was the year 1986, when games like The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania were released, and I experienced physically interactive games. They had a big impact on me. What about you, Mr. Nomura?"

That being said, I do not believe Saber would easily be on Sakurai's radar. She was not someone that I seen frequently requested in the ballot when it came to social media presence. I also feel that even in the scenario that Sakurai picks non-ballot third-parties on his own volition, visual novel characters are not something I can picture Sakurai considering, unless he wants to include third-parties from every type of video game genre, of which I do not think he even would stretch as far as visual novels for playable fighters. I say there is a chance Saber could happen, but I generally find her unlikely.

Last edited:

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Chance-0%

I actually know her more from the anime than her game. And I haven't even finished it.

Want-30% Eh, she seems neat. It'd be super interesting to see if anything.

Nominations: Nihiliego 10x

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Saber
Chance: 1% - This one’s a little hard to rate. I guess it’s fair to say she’s one of the more iconic visual novel characters out there. That being said we don’t really know for sure if Sakurai is open to having visual novel characters in Smash. If we do end up getting a VN character, I imangine that Phoenix Wright would be a lot more likely mainly for having more history with Nintendo and for being directly owned by Capcom who already has characters in Smash. It also really doesn’t help that the franchise’s biggest game right now (Fate/Grand Order) was published by Sony.
Want: 0% - I’ve never been a fan of that ridiculous series.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The Nominees have been updated.
Ninten x243
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Django x225
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x215
Rowlet x210
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x210

200 - 151

Ray x198
Concept: Hanafuda Character x197
Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Papyrus x180
Louie x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Tsubasa Oribe x155
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x155
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x153
Terry Bogard x152

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x150
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Barbara x122
Klonoa x117
2B x116
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Item: Beast Ball x112
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x110
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Rick/Cool/Kine x89
Edelgard x85
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x85
Fjorm x80
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Item: Breidablik x65
Nathan Drake x65
Zeraora (Pokemon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Frank West x60
No More Stages x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Jin Kazama x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Chorus Kids x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x40
Dovahkiin x40
Gardevoir x40
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25

Under 25

Adeleine x24
Master Chief x20
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Black Knight as a boss character x20
Guzma x20
Sub-Zero x17
Earthworm Jim x15
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Sans as a boss character x10
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia x5
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
King Hippo x4
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x4
Diskun x1
Ninten is now the current highest voted nominee. Only new addition was Hilda from A Link Between Worlds. With the fixed schedule in place, I've removed Medusa, Tapu Koko, Isabelle, Shadow, Ken, Heihachi, Magolor and Dixie Kong from the Nominees list.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Saber (Artoria)

Chance: 0%, at least for base roster.

Saber's well known among gamers and otaku in Japan and otaku elsewhere, but her main series hasn't really been on Nintendo. More importantly, I haven't seen support for her in Smash among the Japanese, as they are skittish about Fate getting into Smash. Ironically, this means most of her support comes from the West. (Fate has more than visual novels, including fighting games, so I don't think that part is a problem)

Want: 25%
I like her, but I'm just kinda indifferent to her being in Smash. Wouldn't mind.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ugh, well, I knew this day would come. Let’s just get it done.

Double zeroes

Saber is not iconic. Fate doesn’t have any strong connection with Nintendo. As far as VN third party reps, Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton run laps around her. And does anyone remember Fate’s origins as an H-game? I know it grew past that, but I still can’t see Nintendo ever having anything to do with something like that.

Nihilego prediction: 3%

Nominations: NintenX5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Saber want: 0% (9-10*)

She is iconic and pretty cool-looking. I like that she has the potential for wind-based attacks. An invisible sword might be cool. However, she is one more swordfighter with sword beams. Her moveset potential isn't that exciting.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x10

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
Saber

Saber's pretty iconic amongst gamers due to Grand Order and with the release of Fate/Extella in the Switch, I'd say she has a good chance. But unfortunately, with Ultimate's limited roster space, I don't think she might make it in the base roster and the sad thing is, she's the most likely character to represent the visual novel genre. (Phoenix Wright has no chance of getting in due to Capcom already having two fighters and even if they're going to add a third one, it's most likely reserved for an Echo Fighter, as proven by Richter. And Professor Layton better off representing the puzzle games instead since that's what his games are well-known for.)

Want: 85%
I wouldn't mind having her in the game, since she's my most wanted newcomer in Smash. I really would like her to fight against Link, Marth, or Simon Belmont.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Literally Who Again

Want: 10%

...Ok, so it's not an anime, it's a visual novel...

So it's another character who is nowhere near a household name, and we're getting mostly popularity for the newcomers. I don't see this one happening, sorry. 10% want just because her battle ballgown looks cool.

Nom: Dovahkiin x10

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Sable

Chance/want: 0
Isn't she from that anime? or am I missing something here? I have absolutely no clue

Nomination: x10 Django

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Saber

Chance: 0% - Yet another incredibly unlikely character without a lot of support behind them. With Smash Ultimate's newcomer selection so small, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Saber.

Want: 0% - No interest.

Nominations: All to Deconfirmed Character DLC.

OK So here is the fixed schedule I had in mind, including existing days.

August 20th - Day 131 - Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
August 21st - Day 132 - Concept: Female Announcer
August 22rd - Day 133 - Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
August 23th - Day 135 - Nihilego (Pokemon)
August 24th - Day 136 - Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton)
August 25th - Day 137 - Concept: Style Savvy Character
August 26th - Day 138 - Scorpion (Mortal Combat)

Viridi, Kamek, and Canon Voice Lines were removed due to being deconfirmed. To replace them...

August 27th - Day 139 - Tapu Koko and Medusa
August 28th - Day 140 - Concept: Monster Hunter Stage
August 29th - Day 141 - Concept: Adventure/Story Mode

The reasoning for these choices is as follows. Monster Hunter Stage and/or story mode have been teased, and I want to see what we all think. Now for the last bit I felt that Tapu Koko was a decent choice to rise up. It is a decently likely choice for a Gen 7 mon that I feel we should review. Medusa also makes sense as a Palutena echo, and due to Viridi's deconfirmation I wanted something Kid Icarus rated this day. I considered other characters, but they played better into my fixed schedule. Without further ado...

Day 142 - Isaac and Felix
Day 143 - Isabelle and Shadow
Day 144 - Porky and Masked Man
Day 145 - Ken and Black Shadow
Day 146 - Black Knight and Skull Kid
Day 147 - Banjo & Kazooie and Geno
Day 149 - Lloyd Irving and Heihatchi
Day 150 - Bandana Dee and Magalor
Day 151 - Dixie Kong and Shantae

The logic for each of these days is as follows. Isaac seems like a decent shot now that we know ballot support is important and Felix makes sense as an echo, so they are rated together. With echoes seeming to be more prosperous than initially thought, Isabelle and Shadow seem like near locks. With villains likely, I figured we could rate the mother villains as well. Ken as an echo makes sense, and imo Black Shadow with Echos a thing makes so much more sense than before. Black Knight could be an Ike echo, with some hints towards that. Skull Kid is getting a ton of hype and as of now I feel that he could use a rerate. Banjo and Geno also are getting a lot of hype right now, and both seem like some of the more likely third parties we could get. Speaking of third parties, a second Namco rep is getting some hype, so I figured we could rerate Lloyd and finally discuss Heihatchi. Kirby is massively popular in Japan, so I put the two most requested ballot Kirby characters on the schedule. Finally, with Echos having some unique traits and K Rool being in the game, Dixie warrants another look. The Shovel Knight assist could either bode well for Shantae as her fiercest competition is removed from play, or doom her to the same fate. I chose to do a shorter fixed schedule since I wanted to get a lot of stuff done, so I did double days. If you hvae any concerns or feedback, please PM me before we start fixed days. You have until August 29th to pm me any thoughts or post them in the thread.

In terms of a calcs update: its coming. I am going to post it all at once and redo the front page. Expect that soon.

Finally, I would like to remind people of rule 2 in the OP. I know that this game has been a bit lax on that, but please keep it in mind, especially if you want your noms to be counted. I have not come down too hard on this in past days, but from today onward it will be enforced far more.

Day over, rate Saber from Fate/Stay Night and predict Nihilego.
Were these days scheduled based off nominations, or were they just picked for relevance?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Saber.
0%

This is literally the first time ever I have had to look up a character for RTC. I'm more interested in the series now, but no. I have never seen any interest or suggestion of any kind. The series is not dead by any means but incredibly niche for a third party, Bayonetta is almost a household name compared to this. Release a more critically acclaimed game and we'll talk.

Nominate:
Amaterasu x10

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Saber

Judging by everyone's reaction, this character isn't well known. As such, the chances of getting in is pretty much nothing.

There are other anime sword fighters I'd prefer over one I know literally nothing about.

Top Bottom