• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo
Chances: 80%

The likelihood of Mewtwo being cut again isn't pretty low, and I doubt Sakurai would be dumb enough to make him DLC again. Still, Mewtwo had the benefit of having a movie and a Mega Evolution that justified his return seeing as he could advertise both things. That isn't the case with Smash 5, Mewtwo has nothing to really make him relevant currently. Still, he's a fan favorite and most likley won't get cut.

Want: 45%
I frankly don't care about Mewtwo, whether he gets in or not doesn't matter to me so long as the Pokemon representation doesn't remain stagnant. If he got cut again I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mewtwo Chance: 80%
He's by no means a shoo-in. If Sakurai already made the really bad choice of cutting him once, Mewtwo can definitely get cut again. And being DLC most likely means he's going to be low priority again anyways.

Want: 100%
Listen, even if I actually hated Mewtwo or something, I'd have to admit that Mewtwo left a VERY glaring hole in the roster. He's an all-star, and was easily the worst cut in Smash history. Pretty much every other veteran we've rated so far don't really matter, so them leaving wouldn't hurt much (if at all) a bad thing, but Mewtwo leaving again sure as hell would.

Impa Prediction: 20%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

D

Deleted member

:4mewtwo:

Chance: 95%
Just because he hasn't made the cut once doesn't mean it's such a random case.

I just love the fact you use it more in Smash than in the Pokémon games he appears in as he's only obtainable at the end lol.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Impa prediction: 19.63%

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

chance 100%
Veteran and a fan favorite just the backlash from brawl was bad imagine if they cut him again

want 100%
my favorite pokemon and one of my favorite charcters of all time he needs to return he has such a good and unique moveset and is one of the most regonizble pokemon out there

impa 75%

nominating funkey kong x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mewtwo

Chance: 99%
I don't want to give any character a perfect chance score because I feel like that would be too cocky of me. However, I really don't see how Sakurai could cut Mewtwo AGAIN. This guy is easily one of the most hype characters on the roster, moreso than the other five Pokemon.

One of my favorite characters. Hate to see him get cut when there's not really a reason to do so.

Impa prediction: 28%

Nominations: Mipha x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance: 99% - Mewtwo was THE most requested character pre-Smash 4, and his reveal was one of the most exciting moments of Smash speculation, with only Megaman and Cloud beating him out in terms of pure hype factor. There's no way that after all the pomp and circumstance involving him last game that he's getting cut again. Overall, I think for once, the Pokemon roster is going to stay intact with only additions, not subtractions.

Want: 100% - No cuts. Mewtwo is a perfect representation of legendary Pokemon in Smash Bros., and his Smash 4 iteration is so much fun to play. Cutting him from Brawl was one of that game's biggest mistakes, and I think it'll remain the one time in Smash history that it happened, because from here on out, I think he's here to stay.

Predictions

Impa: 37.60% - Man, why'd you have to go and muck everything up BOTW? All we needed was like, maybe one cutscene of a younger Impa in the game and she'd be near a lock. But we got grandma instead and now the Zelda newcomer discussion is a mess again. Hyrule Warriors will help, but I think Zelda having so many options will definitely knock her down a few pegs, even if she's still likely the frontrunner.

Nominations

Scorpion x 5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chance 90%
Want 50%

He’s already come back and he’s way too popular to get removed again, but if he did I would not care either way.

x3 Tom Nook
x2 Arcade Bunny

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Strikes Back...Thrice? :confused:

Chance: 80%

Mewtwo is super popular and cutting him is unjustified with the huge demand for his return in this game. At the very least, he should have more priority than Jigglypuff.

If you cut him Samurai, i'll find you. :mad:

For real, he's my favorite Pokemon character and my main for this game. I never want to see him cut again.

Prediction: Impa

Chance: 25%
Want: 45%

Nominations

Masked Link X 3
Bomberman X 2

EDIT: Almost forgot about Mewtwo's day. Hopefully I made it in time.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance: 85%
Honestly, this feels harder to call properly. A two-time veteran with a notable absence, Mewtwo getting cut again would be a lousy blow, especially after they managed to make him play a lot better than he did in Melee. But while Mewtwo's generally popular on his own, he doesn't really have the transcendently-enduring popularity that the likes of Charizard and Lucario have, and he's probably the most expendable of the Gen 1 'mons (unless they finally decide to revoke Jigglypuff's free pass). He's the first real "final boss" legendary of Pokemon, but that's more of a historical point in a franchise that's put more stock into the most popular 'mons, the lack of which saw his getting cut before. But Mewtwo's still a unique addition to the roster, and is easily the most popular of all the cut characters, so it'd be unlikely for them to want to disappoint everyone agian.

Want: 98%
Mewtwo is a lot more desirable thanks to his history with Smash than with his role in Pokemon, to be honest, but that's not something that outweighs how fun he can be to play as. After all, Jigglypuff is still around for roughly the same reasons.

Prediction:
Impa: 24%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
MEWTWO!

Chance: 98% - His Absence in Brawl and then in Smash 4's base roster caused such an uproar that he became the first DLC character in smash history. his popularity speaks for itself. I honestly don't see them ever cutting Mewtwo again. but anything is possible, however unlikely.

Want: 98% - Mewtwo is cool and belongs on the roster, I don't use him often, but I'd hate to see him removed again.

Prediction for Impa: 37.8%

Nominations
Qbby x4
Sable Prince x1

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not sure Sakurai could afford to cut Mewtwo again. While we know that all the Smash DLC was started after the game released, I think that cutting a character like Mewtwo or Lucas again may lead to calls that content is being cut just to sell to us as DLC. Which would not look good for Nintendo. If he is cut, I'd expect him to get in as free DLC later.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Chance: 90%
It would be idiotic to remove him again after last time and how well received his inclusion as DLC was. He should be a Smash Bros. staple.

10% off because he was cut before. Who truly knows?

Want: 95%
This is a genuine Nintendo All-Star and he is fun to play as. Count me in.

Impa: 36.8%
Noms: Black Shadow x5

For nominations: the Greninja day will be updated tonight, possibly alongside the Mewtwo day if it ends before I get home. Stay tuned.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo
Chance 70
Want 100
Sakurai wont kick him out again... Right?

Impa prediction- 67%

Noms- Tora and Poppi x2
Sable Prince x2
Klonoa x1

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo
Chance: 80%

At this point, there's very little reason to not bring back Mewtwo. It's a notable legendary Pokemon, who was once considered to be a villain during the 1st generation. Of course, Mewtwo's position is more neutral now, so even though it has returned, Smash Bros. pretty much has one less villain on its roster.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Mewtwo:

Chance: 85% - I'd argue he's just about as iconic as Charizard and Lucario, and his cut was likely due to Sonic's sudden inclusion during Brawl's development. I'd wager if Sonic hadn't thrown a monkey wrench into Brawl's development, he and Roy wouldn't have been cut in the first place and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. That being said, Mewtwo has consistently been low priority for two games now. He was lower than the characters who made it into Brawl, and he wasn't considered for Smash 4 until after the buzz around X&Y and his then new Mega Form, which pushed him into DLC consideration. It depends on whether his popularity and newfound relevance in the last 5 years are enough reason to keep him above the cutting room floor.

Want: 100% - Easily the worst cut in Smash history for me alongside Roy. Mewtwo's my favorite Pokemon currently on the roster, and was one of the main characters who got me excited to play Melee back in the day. Brawl's roster left me feeling a little empty; I was really disappointed to see Lucario in the game over Mewtwo. Plus, after his buff, he's actually competitively viable now, so it would be a massive shame to see him leave again.

Prediction:
Impa: 43.84% - This board seems to like her, and I wouldn't mind seeing her.

Nomination:
Sans x5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Mewtwo Chance: 99%

Going even higher than Greninja here. I don't care if he was cut once and low priority at least twice. After his return in Smash 4, it'd be beyond foolish to completely cut him again.

And it'd be an insult if he were cut, too. Keep Mewtwo in Smash from now on. There's no reason to leave the character out again. Even if for whatever reason, he has to be delayed to DLC again, just bring the character back.

Impa Prediction: 31%

Nominations: Tetra x5

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo Chance:
95%

Mewtwo may have been cut out of Brawl, but after the amount of hype for his return, they would be foolish to not put him in. I left 5% because I have this weird feeling that they may leave him out.

Mewtwo Want:
100%

He's a fun character to play, and I'd rather not have any character get cut.

Impa Prediction:
41.59%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok I have the calcs for Lucas Lucas and Greninja, but I have an exam at 6, so I’ll post them at the end of the day tomorrow.

Mewtwo

Double 100s

Nominating Spyro x 5

Day over please rate Impa and Predict Concept reused Vet art.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can only see Impa being considered for clone feasibility due to her model being akin to Sheik’s. But the chances of her being chosen at all in unique or clone scenario are very low. Impa does not have enough significance in the Zelda franchise nor is Impa notably being pushed by Nintendo in marketing for me to see her having a real shot. I do not think the Hyrule Warriors port benefits her. And even in the clone scenario, I feel Sakurai will go for more popular characters with clone feasibility like Octolings and Dixie Kong before Impa is raised in consideration for last-minute development.

x5 Tom Nook

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Impa

Chance: 5%
If we get a Zelda character, I'm convinced we're getting a Champion.

Want: 20%
Meh.

Predicting a 3.2 for Reused Veteran Art
Nominating English Marth x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Impa

Chance: 15%
It's a little wordy, but I'll just say what I already said in the Smash Switch Speculation Thread. Impa's best shot at getting in as a playable character was in Smash 4.

In 2011, both Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword were released; at the time, those were the only two games that featured the young Impa we want to see in Smash. Not even a year later, Sakurai started making the roster for Smash 4. Timing was absolutely perfect for Impa, but she failed to make the base roster. In 2014, Impa became relevant once again through Hyrule Warriors, and she had a decent shot of making in thorugh DLC, especially since the rest of her competition had already been delegated to Assist Trophies. Unfortunately, she once again failed to get in the game.

Not saying Impa can't happen, but I do think people are grossly overestimating her chances as the next most-likely Zelda rep. She's technically in a worse position than what she was back in Smash 4, and the only thing she has going for her at the moment is Hyrule Warriors, a spin-off game where she has to share the spotlight with virtually every notable Zelda character. In other words, every other feasible Zelda character that could get in Smash has the exact same relevancy going for them as Impa.

Very rarely will Sakurai add an older character to a franchise that already has several reps, and regardless of Impa being a recurring Zelda character, the relevancy just isn't there for her. Should we be lucky enough to get another Zelda newcomer, I'm still banking on someone from BotW.

Want: 20%
I supported her in Smash 4, but I sorta lost interest after she failed to get in. Unless you're adamant about only getting a recurring Zelda character, I don't feel like there's much to gain by only supporting Impa right now. Right now, I'm invested in supporting the Champions.

Reused Veteran Artwork prediction: 14.6%

Nominations: Mipha x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Impa
Impa’s in a weird spot. On one hand, she’s one of the most reoccurring characters in the series. On the other, her role is in a constant flux between hapless old caretaker and ninja bodyguard, making it hard to represent her fully. On top of that, Impa is in one of the most competitive series in terms of potential newcomers, with the Champions, Skull Kid, Midna, and even Tingle breathing down her neck. She has the advantage of seniority, but lacks in popularity. Then there’s the fact that it seems Sakurai is only interested in giving us the wielders of the Triforce... things just don’t look good on her end, no matter how you slice it.

And yes, she could represent the Shiekah... but Sheik herself already does that, and I doubt Sakurai has any plans to remove her at this point.

Want: 15%

There are just so many other Zelda characters I would rather see. The only way I would be on board with her is if she just took Sheik’s moveset and replaced her all together, which won’t happen.

Noms:
Tingle x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Impa
Chance: 7%
I doubt it. Maybe as an alt for Sheik? Nah I doubt that too.

Want: 30%
Maybe as a replacement for Sheik. Yeah I know she's a beloved veteran but she's not nearly as notable as Impa at this point.

Predictions for Reused Veteran Artwork
Chance: 30%
Want: 1%

Nominations
Barbara the Bat ×2
Slime ×2
Concept: Wars character ×1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Impa. Hmmmm
Chance 35%
While she's in a lot of games, she's often just an old lady and often not very major. More major than average npc/tingle, but her biggest roles are a spin-off and Skyward Sword. And being a Sheikah means she could be considered too similar to Sheik. Of course that also means she could get in as a clone.
Want: 50%
I personally want her as a costume as Sheik, but I'd be OK with whatever role she gets. I'd just rather other Zelda newcomers first.

Reused artwork prediction? : 14%

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Day’s over already? That was fast.

Impa:

Uhhhh... where do I begin? Impa’s chances are pretty iffy to rate due to several factors. On one hand, unlike other choices such as Midna and Ghirham, Impa is another reoccuring character that played major roles in OOT and SS and also appeared in BOTW (albeit a very old Impa). Not only that, but Impa also has moveset potential, using different shiekah slates? (I forgot the name) and can also take alot of inspiration from HW.

However, even though she was a prominent character in SS, she failed to be make it in the roster in Smash 4. Not only that, but if the rumors that Link, Zelda, and even Ganondorf were to be reworked become true, it would be equivalent to making 3 newcomers, so Impa’s chances decrease since it would mean the team would have to work on what is essentially 3-4 Zelda newcomers, and there might not be enough development time for that.

With all of this, I feel Impa sits at a straight 50/50 chance.

Chance: 50%
Want: 75%

I wouldnt be too bummed if she didnt get in. But if she does, and comes in the form of her Hyrule Warriors incarniation or something similar, I will instantly fall in love with her. Her HW design is sooo good and badass that it would be a missed opportunity not to implement.

Reused Artwork Prediction: 50%
Oh boy, now this is something I’m gonna be interested in talking about tommorow.

Nominations:
x5 Lycanroc

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
You sickos want to beat up a poor old lady? Whats wrong with you! (J O K I N G !)

Chance- 30%
The most recurring non triforce character. She is fairly popular, but again, competition is tight for a new Zelda character.

Want-55%
She does some pretty cool ass kicking in Hyrule Warriors. I'd like to see her, but if some other zelda character gets in over her I wouldnt lose sleep.

Reused Art- 10.34%

Funky Kong X 4
Thwomp X 1

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hey, so, quick question... what exactly are we rating tomorrow? By “reused artwork”, are we talking in-game models for the veterans, or just the CSS images?

Impa. Hmmmm
Chance 35%
While she's in a lot of games, she's often just an old lady and often not very major. More major than average npc/tingle [...]
I’ll admit that Tingle is pretty irrelevant as far as his appearances in Zelda go, but the man got 3 spin-off titles all to his own.

...Granted two of them were Japan-only, but I’d still count him as fairly major all things considered.

imo this makes him a super interesting case and that’s why I’ve been nominating him for the past few weeks

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, even though more people want Impa over Tingle, the weird green elf has achieved far more iconicness than Impa could ever dream of. You can thank his consistent design and peculiar behavior for that.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Impa

A reoccurring Zelda character who isn't a triforce holder, and is rather popular nya. I think she could be added nya. ... Or just be a trophy nya~

Want: 75%
I like her nya, if she's in her HW design too, I'd be a pretty happy kitty nya!

Nyominations
Mimikyu: x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Mewt-
Oh.
Never mind.
Impa
Want: 55%

"I'm not saying it's a port, but..." prediction: 1%
Noms: Transformation characters x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Impa

Chance - 10.5% - Yeah, not looking so good. While she is a major and important Zelda character, she had her time to shine, and now while she still has some things going for her that time has passed. Impa appears in her old woman self yet again in Breath of the Wild, and Breath of the Wild is confirmed to be the appearance of Link; the other characters will likely follow in his footsteps. I don't see why they would chose her otherwise.

Want - 35% - Don't care. Would rather have a Toon Character. Next!

Predicitons

Reusing Art - 35.53% - I dunno how to even judge this...

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Roberk

Smash Champion
Impa

Chance: 10%
I'll just play it safe and go low, Impa has a pretty poor chance of being a newcomer.
  • Not a triforce wielder
  • Had much better chances in Smash 4 and still didn't make it
  • If a Zelda character is added they will push BOTW
  • Overlaps with Sheik's Sheikah ninja archetype
Why would Impa of all things be added? Tingle is the perfect joke character with recurrences. Midna is super popular and unique. Impa had the perfect chance in Smash 4 to be Zelda's newcomer, yet no one was the Zelda newcomer. While this day is focusing on Impa, my point is that all Zelda characters other than the Champions have missed the boat for being in Smash. Maybe, maybe Hyrule Warriors can amount to something, but I highly doubt it.

(Also if BOTW is expected to be pushed then why would they have a non-BOTW Impa design. I don't think anybody wants to use the old lady version.)
Want: 0%
We already have Sheik and Greninja as ninjas. If her absence makes space for other characters, then I legitimately don't want her.

Veteran Art Prediction: 10%
Still don't really know what this encompasses. If it is models, then they will definitely reuse models. If it's splash cards and the like, I doubt it if they want to create a new identity.

Noms: Azura x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Impa
Chance: 5%
It's debatable whether Zelda's even getting a new character this time; on one hand, you could say it "deserves" one with the last one we got being a clone introduced in Brawl. On the other hand, the series basically only has three consistently recurring characters (Link, Zelda, and Ganon[dorf]), so adding anyone else really would feel like scraping the bottom of the barrel, in all honesty. Impa's arguably the next most relevant Zelda character after those three, but she's only ever exhibited any remote fighting potential in a non-canon spinoff title that also featured a playable Cucco. It doesn't help that her appearance has been so inconsistent within her home series, ranging from a feeble old woman to a physically fit Sheikah bodyguard who never actually does anything onscreen. Personally, I'd place my bets on any of Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, a Champion, or even Tingle before Impa.

Please no. No offense to any Impa supporters out there, but to me, Impa just seems like such an ungodly forced pick that's only on people's minds to fill the "obligatory Zelda character slot", as if that series "needs" a character when, again, all of the series' consistently recurring characters are already there and then some. (And I'd much prefer a retooling of the characters we already have before we even see a new character from the series, but that's neither here nor there.) She's hardly demonstrated any unique abilities - not even in the non-canon spinoff Hyrule Warriors, as far as I'm aware - and the generic ninja shtick is already covered by Sheik, another Zelda rep who even happens to be another Sheikah at that. If we're willing to go this low in terms of Smash newcomers as to force Impa into the next game, then frankly, I'd prefer Groose to represent the Zelda franchise.

Nominating Sylux x5

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Impa

She's important enough to be an assist trophy.

Improved Zelda is all I want for the series.

Nominations: Lip x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Impa

Chance and Want: Abstain.

Personally, it's just hard to me to describe a character that means so much but at the same time so little to her franchise... Quite strange, isn't it?

Prediction:

Re-Used Veteran Art: 13.5% (This is a wild card)

Nominations:

Tom Nook x3
KOS-MOS x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Impa

Honestly, the only thing she has going for her is Hyrule Warriors, which I doubt is going to be looked at at all by the Smash team. BotW had her as an old lady, so there go her chances.

Want: 24%
While she’s a cool character, I would rather a one-off character like Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati or Tetra got in. She’s about the same level of want as Tingle for me (that is, I think she should be in but I’m not gonna push for it).

Nominations
DeMilleX2
Mach RiderX3

slambros

Smash Ace
Impa

Hyrule Warriors really catapulted her, but not by much.

Want: 25%
She'd be cool. There are definitely some Zelda characters I want more.

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

:171:

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 30%
I'm very afraid she will be the next Zelda character added but luckily it seems that there will not be a new Zelda character. Since the characters already in Smash so perfectly encapsulate Zelda I'm fine with no new characters, just fix Ganondorf.

I really dislike the thought of Impa joining. Only if she replaces Sheik would I be ok with her inclusion and even then I'd rather have Sheik.

noms: Qbby X5

While she’s a cool character, I would rather a one-off character like Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati or Tetra got in.
Vaati wasn't a one-off he has had multiple appearances.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Impa
Honestly, the biggest and most obvious problem she faces is her wildly inconsistent portrayal in the Zelda series. She's important enough, likely THE most important supporting character outside the Triforce wielders; recurring enough, appearing in Zelda II, OoT, Skyward Sword, BotW, and several others; and fitting for a fighter in several of her appearances. Unfortunately her latest appearance is that of a frail old lady, and I don't think Sakurai is gonna pull much from Hyrule Warriors, so a champion from BotW is more likely.

I would be ok with her replacing Sheik and inheriting her moveset, but ideally she should be added with either her Skyward Sword appearance or a mix of OoT/SS/HW and take inspiration from her SS and HW fighting styles. The Zelda characters do not always update to each new game (Sakurai kept them in their TP appearances even though SS was the newest game last time) , so Impa could appear as her SS self despite BotW being new, and Ganondorf has remained even though he only appears in his human form a handful of times, so Impa could appear in her youthful form even if it isn't how she appeared most recently. Impa deserves a shot and hopefully she gets it one day.

Reused art: 7.48%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom