• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Dark Matter

Chance: 5%
Want: 0%
It may have had appearances here and there, but never as the main antagonist role since Kirby 64. Bandana Dee has a better chance at being the next Kirby newcomer. If people care about fulfilling a villains quota, Marx has a higher chance of getting in over Dark Matter.

Nominations
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dark Matter.

I don't really like to separate the blade and ball form, because if it gets in, I picture as a situation like Pac-Man (plus I think it's just called Dark Matter in my version regardless). It mainly uses it's Sword form but will switch to ball form for certain attacks. Dark Matter as a whole is very prominent in the Kirby series. But you have to ask yourself. Is Kirby getting a fifth character? Because no way in hell is anyone getting in before Bandana Dee. I personally think it's possible. Kirby has been a very prominent franchise in recent years. But overall I think it's unlikely

Chance 12%

Want 80%
As long as we get Bandana Dee first, Dark Matter would be amazing

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Prediction 11%

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Dark Matter
Chance:
2%
Dark matter doesn't really have anything going for him. Even for his status as being a major villian for three games. He has dropped a lot since then.

He has competition with Bandana Dee for his popularity and consistantcs. He also has competition with Magolor for villian role. Magolor being a character that was a major villian and has actual appearances since his debut that aren't just cameos and wink wink nudge nudges. Then when it comes to dlc for smash switch he will probably have competition with Marx.

Want:
5%
I mean he is ok. Certainly don't want him before Bandana Dee though.

Nominations: Ashley (Warioware) x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Not posting my rating yet but I swear to god Blue Bowser is going to be the lowest rated character ever. I have not focused on it too much but hot damn. This might be almost as bad as the time in old RTC that I got us to do Lucas from The Wizard.

Also just gonna say that the Sora day was a super productive day. I hope more energized days like that come in the future.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter
Chance- 7%
Has lots of appearances and semi-appearances, but has to compete with Bandana Dee, and has very little demand.
Want- 10%
Gets 10% for prominence, but I'd rather have Adeleine. And Bandana Dee. And Marx. And Gooey. You get the picture.

Henry Fleming Predictions- 10%

Nominations:
Ashley x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Dark Matter

Chance: 1%

- Too much competition.

Want: 0%

- I’d rather have Galacta Knight or Susie.

Prediction

Henry Fleming: 7.2%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x4
Black Shadow x1

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Dark Matter

Chance: 1%.

Want: 1%.

Argument for both is too much competition.

Predictions

Captain America: 9.2%. Codename STEAM just never really took off. It's a shame, too – the whole steam gimmick could've made for some interesting gameplay! But as it stands, he's from a 3DS game that's years old and didn't do super well.

Nominations: Blue Bowser x5

Not posting my rating yet but I swear to god Blue Bowser is going to be the lowest rated character ever. I have not focused on it too much but hot damn. This might be almost as bad as the time in old RTC that I got us to do Lucas from The Wizard.
muahahahahaha

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I genuinely cannot believe how you think a Disney-owned character, easily the most fickle company when it comes to representing their characters
Like I said in an earlier post, Disney is really strict with their copyrights, but they like money. Smash Bros. is a monstrously huge franchise, way bigger than Kingdom Hearts. Smash 4 sold more than KH 1 and II and all of their re-releases combined. Having Sora be featured in it is basically free advertising, there's no logical reason they'd be against it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney went to them about it.

that has been described as being a "f***ing nightmare" to work with by Capcom employees (a company with a much stronger connection to Disney than Nintendo does) and also by our two "totally-not former Disney Infinity employees" in this thread
Ah, right, I knew I forgot to cover something in my earlier post. The situation with Capcom is different for a number of reasons. The biggest one, obviously, is that Disney needed to sign off on it for the game to exist in the first place. Disney made all those crazy demands because they could kill the project whenever they wanted, and Capcom followed those demands because they knew that. Smash doesn't have that problem. If Disney decides to make crazy demands that'll ruin the game, Sakurai can just say no, because all that's riding on this is a single character.

Also, MvC is microscopic compared to the MCU, so Capcom has a lot more to gain and a lot more to lose than Disney does. Disney knew this, which is why they kept pushing it with the demands. With Smash, this isn't the case, and it's arguably the other way around. Like I said, Smash Bros. is way bigger than Kingdom Hearts, so having Sora as a playable character would advertise their game to millions of potential new fans. On the other side, having Sora would bring a lot of hype to the existing community, but not that many new customers. Just like how Capcom had way more to gain in MvC than Disney did, now Disney would have more to gain from having Sora in Smash than Nintendo, so I think they'd safe from Disney's bull****.

I don't know much about Disney Infinity, but it's probably the same deal as Capcom, if not more extreme.

that has primarily been featured on Sony platforms
So was the FF series, especially Cloud.

with only two Nintendo-exclusive games
Four.

both being spinoffs
All of them were part of the main canon.

has more of a chance than a Nintendo-owned character.
Blue Bowser has a better chance than Pauline.

Hell, I also really doubt he was an "extremely heavily requested character" like you say he was. Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I hardly ever saw anyone request the guy on sites like /v/ or reddit (granted, I was very inactive on Smashboards during the SSB4 DLC phase, was he really wanted here or something), and the Smash Ballot results have not been released in any form, aside from Bayonetta's.
First off, you must have been living under a rock if you've never heard anyone ask for Sora in Smash Bros. At the very least, you must've seen people in cloud discussions saying "I'd rather have Sora." Second, the hype wasn't too big until now because he had no real chance. Like Cloud, he was just a distant dream. Now, the penultimate "never gonna happen" character is in the game and KH3 is actually on its way for real this time, so all the people who want him can seriously campaign for him without people thinking they're idiots.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Also just gonna say that the Sora day was a super productive day. I hope more energized days like that come in the future.
That is going to be a very weird day.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Just a quick one, my only experience with the Kirby series is playing my friends' copies of Super Star and beating Triple Deluxe.

I don't know this character but he seems pretty out of date and has a lot of competition. Would have been perfect for Melee/Brawl considering the time of his spotlight, but not a 2018 Smash.
Want: 5%
Could be neat from what I've seen. While possession might be cool it could also be extremely frustrating to deal with. Like I said, I have minimal experience with Kirby so I'm not going to clamor for 2 Kirby reps. I prefer Bandana Dee over other newcomers if anything.

Henry Fleming Prediction: 10%

Noms: Azura x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Dark Matter

Chances and Want: 1%

Got too much competition and would better use for a Boss character

Henry Predictions: 8%

Nominations:

Gengar x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Dark Matter
Chance: 10% - The longest recurring major villain in the Kirby series who also comes from Sakurai’s era of Kirby games. I consider him the second most likely Kirby newcomer after Bandanna Dee.
Want: 10%

Henry prediction: 7%

Nominations: Azura x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Dark Matter Blade

Kirby is one of those franchises that has a pretty clear frontrunner for the next slot in Bandana Dee and I'd be shocked if it was anyone else. That, along with other competition and the fact that he isn't brought up as a suggestion often makes me feel his status in the franchise likely won't be enough.

Want: 20%

I love Kirby but I've never really thought about Dark Matter as a fighter. He could be cool, but there's plenty of other Kirby characters I'd be more interested in seeing and I feel like assist or boss would be better spots for him.

Henry Fleming prediction: 9.76%

Nominations: Tails x5

Isabelle should be fine so I'm just gonna try to bump a few characters out of the danger zone for a bit.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Dark Matter

Chance: Abstain (normally I'd rate but I know nothing about this character what so ever.)

Want: Abstain (reason above)

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well it be midnight, I'll be capping the noms for the day so that the top 7 can be confirmed and scheduled. Feel free to nom away till Phantom starts the new day, but it won't impact the top 7 anymore.

Rankings won't be fully updated after the day has ended. That's because I keep the "first come, first serve" tiebreaker (i.e: if the previous day someone was ahead of a character but now they are tied, the former keeps his or her spot above the latter)

I will be updating this post with the noms after ZealousGamer's post.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom here is your weekly schedule

Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo) x246
Veteran: Lucas x237
Veteran: Mewtwo x210
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x206
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x203
Agumon x195
Black Shadow x186

199-150

Ganon x181
Veteran: Greninja x181
Impa x167
Urban Champion x165
Lycanroc x156

Bomberman x155
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x150

149-100

Dark Samus x149
Funky Kong x146

Travis Touchdown x147
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x147
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x145

Sans (Undertale) x143
Kamek x140
Spyro x139
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x138
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x130
Lip (Panel de Pon) x121

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x121
Masked Link x117
Mipha x115

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x110
Simon Belmont x105
Linkle x105
Azura (Fire Emblem) x105

Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x99
Ryu Hayabusa x95
Octoling x95
Sylux x95
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x93
Gengar x91
Concept: Skyrim representation x90

Excitebiker x87

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Cranky Kong x84
Parabo and Satebo x84
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x81

2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x78

74-50

Thwomp x73
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x72
Klonoa x70
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x70

Labo related character x68
Papyrus (Undertale) x65
Katrielle Layton x63
Zeraora (Pokémon) x57

Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x55
Veteran: Roy x51
Lara Croft x50
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x50

49-30:

Sakura Shinguji x48
Susie (Kirby) x46

Veronica (Fire Emblem) x44
Lloyd Irving x42
Barbara The Bat x42
Steve (Minecraft) x42

Concept: Wars character x39
Mimikyu x39
Sable Prince x39

Veteran: Dr. Mario x37

Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Django (Boktai) x35
Slippy Toad x35

Ray (Custom Robo) x33
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x33

Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x32
Gooey (Kirby) x32
Dragonite x32
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x31

Primarina x30
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x30

29-25

Snorlax x29
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x29
KOS-MOS x29
Tom Nook x28

Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Leo (FE Fates) x26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x26
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x25

24 and less (about to be purged if not saved)

9-Volt x24
Ghirahim x24
Viridi x23
Tails x23

Concept: Indie Character x 22
Veteran: Palutena x22
Toon Zelda x22

Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Stage: New Donk City x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Starfy x19
Mach Rider x17
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Tora and Poppi x17
Concept: Female Announcer x15

Veteran: Robin x 14
Petey Piranha x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Slime (Dragon Quest) x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x10
Quote x10
Concept: Core Crystal Item (XC2) x10
Porygon x10

Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Dragonborn x9
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Bubbles x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Dr. Kawashima x5
Sudowoodo x5
Alex Kidd x5
Concept: Battlefield Version of Stages x5 (NEW)

Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
King Boo x4
Concept: Boss Battles Returns x4 (NEW)
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Saki x3
Weavile x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1
Stage: Sheikah Shrine x1
Stage: Ultra Space x1
Stage: Miitopia Stage x1
Stage: Happy Home Designer x1
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x1 (NEW)
T-Rex x1 (NEW)

NEW SCHEDULE - NOMINATING THESE CHARACTERS IS OBSOLETE:

27/04: Ashley (WarioWare)
28/04: Geno (Super Mario)
29/04: Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
30/04: Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
01/05: Lana (The Legend of Zelda)
02/05: Blue Bowser (Super Mario)
03/05: Tethu (EverOasis)

Four ladiiiies, a doll, a boy, and an abomination.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Poor Dark Matter. Tries to have his own day, but gets overshadowed. Just like how his chances got overshadowed by Bandana Waddle Dee
Like I said in an earlier post, Disney is really strict with their copyrights, but they like money. Smash Bros. is a monstrously huge franchise, way bigger than Kingdom Hearts. Smash 4 sold more than KH 1 and II and all of their re-releases combined.
Considering Disney is such a behemoth of a company, I really don't see what Disney would profit from here. I guarantee you that even with Smash making more money than Kingdom Hearts does, Disney would not profit anywhere near as much.

Remember that Smash does not rely solely around Disney. Money has to be put into the gameplay, stages, characters, music, voice acting, game modes; all that good stuff. By the time it comes around to third parties, I assume that the "slice of the pie" they would get from the profit would amount to nothing worth noting, ESPECIALLY for a company with a net worth of over 95 billion dollars. It simply wouldn't be worth it for Disney.

In the case Disney demands more money to make it worth their while, at that point, it isn't worth it for Nintendo anymore, because it means they either have to put more money into the game, or shaft other parts of the game as a result. It's either a win-lose or a lose-win. I cannot see a situation where both Nintendo AND Disney would be satisfied. And even if Disney is willing to give Sora up for free (and considering how greedy the Mouse is, I highly doubt that), Nintendo and Disney then both have to enter copyright hell.

Having Sora be featured in it is basically free advertising, there's no logical reason they'd be against it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney went to them about it.
And why would Nintendo want this at all? At least with Cloud in SSB4, there's the argument that he could be used to advertise some Nintendo games:
  • Final Fantasy I-VI's Virtual Console Releases on Wii U / 3DS
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on 3DS
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call on 3DS
  • Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS
  • Final Fantasy on the NES Classic
Not to mention, he represents not only the entire Final Fantasy franchise, but Square Enix as a whole as well, and Square Enix themselves have numerous games on the Wii U and 3DS platforms as well.

In the case of Sora, he can't advertise anything. There's no Kingdom Hearts games on the Switch. There aren't any plans for any Kingdom Hearts on the Switch. It would be direct, 100% advertising for Sony and Microsoft. Even when you look at Disney games on the Switch, there's:
  • Cars 3: Driven to Win
and that's it. There is no gain for Nintendo here in terms of advertising (unless Cars 3: Driven to Win is a REALLY BIG deal for them). It would do nothing but bring awareness to something they don't have, being Kingdom Hearts III.

The biggest one, obviously, is that Disney needed to sign off on it for the game to exist in the first place. Disney made all those crazy demands because they could kill the project whenever they wanted, and Capcom followed those demands because they knew that. Smash doesn't have that problem. If Disney decides to make crazy demands that'll ruin the game, Sakurai can just say no, because all that's riding on this is a single character.
Also, MvC is microscopic compared to the MCU, so Capcom has a lot more to gain and a lot more to lose than Disney does. Disney knew this, which is why they kept pushing it with the demands. With Smash, this isn't the case, and it's arguably the other way around.
If anything, doesn't this make it the exact same as the MvCI situation, but just reversed? As in, if Disney were to make too many demands about how they want Sora represented (as they're known to do), Sakurai can just cut them out to prevent something he isn't happy with (as he is also known to do).

Like I said, Smash Bros. is way bigger than Kingdom Hearts, so having Sora as a playable character would advertise their game to millions of potential new fans. On the other side, having Sora would bring a lot of hype to the existing community, but not that many new customers. Just like how Capcom had way more to gain in MvC than Disney did, now Disney would have more to gain from having Sora in Smash than Nintendo, so I think they'd safe from Disney's bull****.
And just like I have said, why on Earth would Nintendo want this advertising? There's nothing they can gain here.

So was the FF series, especially Cloud.
The Final Fantasy had its roots on Nintendo platforms, being Nintendo exclusive until the PSX era, which is something that Kingdom Hearts cannot claim to have. Alongside this, Cloud is significantly more iconic than Sora is, and represents Square Enix, a company that has had a storied past with Nintendo, through both their Square / Squaresoft years, and their Square Enix years.

In terms of Disney collaborations, Nintendo means nothing. Nintendo made a few Mickey Mouse Game and Watches, published a few of their games over the years, and had Nintendo stuff show up in Wreck-It-Ralph. That's about it. Not really as important as a company that has shown support for nearly four decades now.

Chain of Memories is available on the Playstation 2 (although technically as a remake), and Coded appeared on mobile devices and the Playstation 3. 358/2 Days and Dream Drop Distance are the only true exclusives.

All of them were part of the main canon.
That doesn't chance the fact that they are spin-offs.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is canon in the Star Wars series, but it is still considered a spin-off.
The Ace Attorney Investigations games, where you play as Miles Edgeworth, rather than Phoenix Wright, are canon, but are considered spin-offs.

Blue Bowser has a better chance than Pauline.
I mean, obviously. He's already in the game.

First off, you must have been living under a rock if you've never heard anyone ask for Sora in Smash Bros."
I've heard a few people ask for the guy during the Smash 4 DLC period, but I've also heard people ask for Love Live characters. There's no way in hell he is the incredibly popular character you're making him to be, unless I really have been living under a rock. Reddit didn't really want him. 4chan didn't really want him. Japan didn't want him, assuming the Source Gaming polls are somewhat correct. Hell, even his Smash 4 thread here on Smashboards barely got any attention, being beaten out by such "iconic" characters like Kamek in terms of view count, and Ayumi Tachibana in terms of "reply" count.

Really, the only notably thing I COULD find during the SSB4 era of people supporting him was this YouTube video on the topic from a Kingdom Hearts YouTuber. That's it. Heck, even just typing "smash ballot" into Google, and I'm struggling to see this guy come up. Like, are you sure he was anywhere close to a popular pick?

Like Cloud, he was just a distant dream. Now, the penultimate "never gonna happen" character is in the game and KH3 is actually on its way for real this time, so all the people who want him can seriously campaign for him without people thinking they're idiots.
I feel like there's a pretty big difference between thinking such a controversial character has a shot and thinking such a controversial character has a "100% chance" of getting into Smash.

Basically, Sora in Smash would likely not benefit Disney much, would not benefit Nintendo at all, and would just make them have to do significantly more work to help Sora jump through the hoops that would get him into Smash to make Disney happy, let alone make everyone involved happy. All for a character that is nowhere near a fan favorite.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sora’s day is over. I don’t meen to minimod, but can the two of you please take your discussion to either Sora’s official thread or a personal message so that we can keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Tf is a Blue Bowser? Lmao
I’m guessing that must be Oddessy. I wish I had a Switch, but I’ll be getting it soon hopefully yay
Also didn’t know so many ppl cared that much about Sora, cool

Dark Matter:
Want: 15%
Seems more interesting than Bandana Waddle Dee, but I still don’t care about the Kirby series getting more characters

Henry prediction: 7.75%
Idk who this is, but they sound familiar
I’ll abstain if idk though, dw

x3 Ghirahim
x2 Viridi

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dark Matter

Chance: 10%

He is one of Kirby's most iconic villains, and he recently got some spotlight in Planet Robobot as a special boss at the end of the Meta Knight campaign. His main competition comes down to competition with other popular Kirby candidates like Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight, Magolor, and even Susie.

Want: 45%

I didn't get into the Kirby series until Nightmare in Dreamland, so it was during the time when Dark Matter stopped being a reoccurring villain, but I do fondly remember his battle in Planet Robobot that made me learn more about him, and I can see the potential he'd bring to Smash. That aside, I've got other Kirby characters I'd prefer, and when it comes to more Kirby villains in Smash, Susie is my preferred pick.

------

Predictions

Henry Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M.): 6.17%

No comment.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Let's be real here, people. Blue Bowser's chances aren't any worse than half the characters proposed here nowadays.

Regardless, mission accomplished. Blue Bowser is his very own very original character who is entirely separate from Bowser.

It is canon that Blue Bowser is Bowser's brother, but not that the Koopalings are Bowser's children. Let that sink in.

MOVING ON.

Dark Matter Chance 2%: He is a prolific Kirby villain and does have a humanoid form, reoccuring in many games. Still, so many choices over him, even if you look exclusively on the villain front.

Dark Matter Want 0%: Rare I'll give a villain 0%, but Dark Matter is a generic eyeball monster with no personality. Would much rather have any other Kirby villain.

Nominate Fawful x5 (Finally done with God Emperor Blue Bowser!)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I thought Blue Bowser was suppose to be Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought Blue Bowser was suppose to be Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story.
Nope. Just a salty hot take against Dark Pit, from the looks of things. Kinda sad really.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nope. Just a salty hot take against Dark Pit, from the looks of things. Kinda sad really.
Hold on a sec, are we rating the likeliness of the blue-colored Bowser alt returning, or are we rating the actual character, "Blue Bowser"?

If it's the latter, then why the heck were you people wasting your nominations on him?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hold on a sec, are we rating the likeliness of the blue-colored Bowser alt returning, or are we rating the actual character, "Blue Bowser"?

If it's the latter, then why the heck were you people wasting your nominations on him?
The latter.

Likely because the user was bitter about other people liking things they dislike, or vice versa. Pretty clear from looking at the posts where they voted for him. :/

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The latter.

Likely because the user was bitter about other people liking things they dislike, or vice versa. Pretty clear from looking at the posts where they voted for him. :/
Maybe he just did it for the laughs, I remember last time I specifically nominated a character just to try and have receive an average of double 0

Which I succeeded in.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
BB was mentioned to be a separate entity in Smash 4 as one of the "tips" and what his new blue alt was based off, so I am guessing that's where it is coming from.

Dark Matter being overshadowed is quite ironic I suppose, by the way.

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Dark Matter

Dark Matter has been portrayed differently throughout the Kirby series and faces competition from Bandana Dee and other more highly requested Kirby characters.
Want: Abstain
I know absolutely nothing about this thing.

Predictions:
Ashley: 17%

Nominations:
Spyro x1
Steve (Minecraft) x4

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dark Matter

Chances: 10%
Does seem to be a popular villain but I see Magalor or Bandana Dee being chosen before him if Kirby even gets another rep at all let alone 3.

Want: 5%
The only Kirby game I have played all the way through is Squeak Squad so I am pretty unfamiliar with this character and therefore could care less if he got included.

Nomination: Linkle X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I mean technically you can vote for whoever you want. I'm somewhat impressed with the sheer dedication to this joke to get them voted on before other semi popular choices.

If only this power could be used for good.

Prepare for everyone being hilarious by giving him 100% scores and asking why we're wasting our time rating a guaranteed veteran.

(Oh, and whatever happened to double days? This could be prime time to call one, just saying~)

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter

Chance: 20% - I don't see it very likely to happen. but as a recurring villain it does have some level of possibility

want: 20% - I haven't had much experience with Dark Matter since I haven't played the Kirby games it appears in. So it's not among more more wanted characters but I'd be cool with it getting in. not before Bandana Dee though.

Henry Flemming Prediction: 13.5%

Nominations
Qbby x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Dark Matter

1% Chance
50% Want

TDLR He is outclassed by Dee, Marx, Gooey, etc. Cool Character tho.

Nominating Spyro x 5

DAY OVER, CALCS INCOMING IN one Second

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
DARK MATTER

6.63% CHANCE
27.50% Want

Marx kind of killed his hype imo. If we did this two years ago I would have expected double scores.

Today we got Henry Flemming up to bat. Rate him in chance and want. Also predict the scores for Ashley

@Llort A. Ton gets noms for Dark Matter.

Also Blue Bowser is confirmed going to be rated as the ****ty blue bowser in SMB Lost Levels that gut cut out of the All Stars version.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Like with Chibi Robo, the franchise really sunk badly in terms of success & critical reception worldwide. That alone severely hurts Henry’s chances in getting Smash. At best, I can see Codename S.T.E.A.M. getting at least a few trophies. Who knows what Intelligent Systems will do with the franchise in the future after the major flop of the first game. Perhaps we will see a sequel, but that will be when IS has the free time to do new games not Paper Mario and Fire Emblem.

x5 Octolings

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I thought it would be funny seeing reactions like the ones that have already been posted in the thread, and people like Opossum are certainly not failing to deliver. That's all. I don't really have anyone I very strongly want to see ranked unironically. Why go out of my way to promote a Z list character I like just to see them ranked poorly?

What this actually came from was a user including Blue Bowser on his fan roster and adamantly defending his inclusion, and insisting he could have an original moveset. I mean, you can force a moveset for it, but you can force a moveset for a plank of wood if you try hard enough. That doesn't mean it's good.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Jake's_Super_Smash_Bros./Playable_Characters#Blue_Bowser

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lads keep the Blue Bowser stuff for his day

Henry Fleming:

Sold poorly and IS have other franchises and characters they will recommend over him. Saving grace is that the game came out in the right era for a newcomer and move set potential is there.

Want: Abstain

Ashley: 39.2%
Noms: Black Shadow x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Henry Flemming

I can't see this guy happening at all. His game is incredibly niche and it didn't exactly get sales numbers worth bragging about. An Assist Trophy is a better fit, but even then, odds are against him.

Want: 10%
Never played the game, so I have no personal connection to him or anything.

But I'm American, so whatever. I give him 10% just because of my patriotism.

Ashley prediction: 31.6%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Top Bottom