• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Chance: 0%
Hades is not going to be playable. Kid Icarus is a dormant franchise with solid representation already.
This does not mean he won’t get represented. But he would be a stage boss, story/adventure mode boss, or even just a background element. There could be an “underworld” stage with him in the background just making quips the whole time.
But he will not be playable.

Want: 50%
Never got far enough in Uprising to meet him. Mostly because that game had a terrible control scheme.

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Hades

Chance: 5%
Very unlikely nya, the series is pretty irrelevant and he has competition with other KI characters nya. I'd increase his chances if KI comes to the switch by some miracle nya. Which would proceed to blow up my mind nya.

Want: 85%
Hades is Hades, give me him nya!

Nyominations
Isabelle: x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Hades

Chance: 2%

Others have said this well. Uprising is no longer in the spotlight and it's unlikely to get as much content as it did in 4, and in the unlikely event Uprising did get a new character he has competition in Medusa and Viridi, and given the exposure she had in 4 I think Viridi would most likely win out.

Want: 10%

He gets a little because I loved Uprising's cast, but ultimately I feel Pit and Palutena represent the series well on their own (Dark Pit is a meh bonus) and no one else really interests me as a fighter regardless. Besides that Viridi was my favorite character in the game so Hades wouldn't even be my choice if I had to bring someone else in.

Banjo & Kazooie prediction: 14.36%

Nominations: Isabelle x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
:evil:Hades:evil:

Chance:
5% (1 in 20)
He is the major antagonist from Kid Icarus now. And he is cool

Want: 20%
I still prefer Medusa. I NEED A FEMALE VILLAIN

Nomination: Octopath Traveller Character x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Hades

Chance 10%: It may be possible for Kid Icarus to get another character. However, it's very low and even lower for Hades.

Want 30%: I've never played Kid Icarus but I would be fine if it was him. However, from what I have seen the character "Viridi" seems more likely and more interesting.

Nomination:
Pokemon Trainer (Second Generation)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Hades
Chance: 4% -
Kid Icarus is a dormant franchise, overrepresented, etc. It's all been said before.
Want: 0% - No more Kid Icarus.

Prediction: Banjo & Kazooie
Chance: 9.87%
Want: 89.04%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Interesting in the last two days that we're getting similar arguments - "X deserves to be in to represent this game," coming from a franchise which has three games total, and therefore 'deserves' three reps. Didn't we also have a major issue when 'Zelda Newcomer' was up that all of the characters are one-offs, and therefore aren't worthy of getting in? Which is it?
All the Zelda one-offs compete with each other. It's an issue of "If X can get in, then so can Y, Z, W, B, and Tingle," and that's not a can you can reseal once it's out. Smaller franchises have a lot fewer candidates to fight over.

Hades

Chance: 19%
I'm not going to put it past Sakurai, but at least Hades has to go through both VIridi and Medusa first. Given how KI:U handled everyone's powers, it's not hard to believe that a Hades moveset would be interesting, between relentless projectile volleys and grotesque body attacks, so it's not as if he's immediately a bad choice to turn playable. But Viridi is pretty much just as sassy (heck, everyone but Pit in that game is a sassmaster) while also serving as an antagonist, and Medusa's been the villain for much longer. Add Dark Pit's presence in the roster, and you'd have a situation where Smash 5 already struggles to justify even 1 new Kid Icarus addition, let alone more than one.

Want: 1%
Meh, I'm tired of this archetype, and there's plenty other villains that I'd rather see from other games before Kid Icarus'. And of course, if the roster actually has all those villains, then Viridi just becomes the significantly-more interesting antagonist addition.

Prediction:
Banjo & Kazooie: 4%

Nominations:
Papyrus (Undertale) x5

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hades
Chance: 0.5%
I mean, I like the guy, but don’t you think Disney characters are a little farfetched?
Want: 70%
Hercules is among the best Disney films in my opinion, and Hades was a big part of that. He might look odd next to Mario and Sonic, but I’m sure he’d be fun to play.

...What? What do you mean, that’s the wrong Hades? The... the bad guy from Kid Icaru-
Ohhhhhh, that makes more sense.
I feel he’s very unlikely, for a lot of the same reasons that have already been mentioned. KI:U is out of the spotlight, there’s no indication that Sakurai or anyone else at Nintendo is interested in carrying on the franchise, and even among his own series, Hades has competition from other fan-favorites.

Want: 0%
I never finished KI:U (those controls are a hot mess) but I feel like Pit and Palutena are enough (and I wouldn’t mind a Luigified Dark Pit) and KI has more than enough in terms of representation.

Noms: Rick/Kine/Coo x5

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Hades
Chance - 7%
Sakurai bias may help him, but I don't think it's going to happen. Medusa and Viridi are pretty tough competition for him.
Want - 50%
I kind of don't feel strongly either way on him, but I do think he is a lot more interesting than some other more popular and wanted options that feel a lot more generic.

Nominations 5x Greninja

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hades

Chance: 1.5%

- Viridi, Phosphora or even Medusa are more likely candidates.

Want: 25%

- It wouldn’t upset me but I’d rather have a different character from KI.

Prediction

Banjo & Kazooie: 4%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Black Shadow x2

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hades want: 5% (15-10*)

He looks cool, but a lot of his moveset would be made redundant by a decloned Ganondorf.

Nominations:

Neku x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hades
I'm pretty sure Sakurai won't add another newcomer from Kid Icarus until there is a sequel. If he wanted Hades in, he would have put him in when Kid Icarus was still somewhat fresh.

Want: 1%
I'd rather they focus on other series for Smash 5. If Dark Pit stays then Kid Icarus has enough characters for many years in my opinion. Still Hades might be fun but that's only enough to give him a 1% in my eyes.

Prediction for Banjo-Kazooie
Want: 80%

Nominations:
Barbara ×3
Slime ×2

D

Deleted member

Hades:
Chance-20%
Want-40%
Look, i like hades. I think hes great. But idk i feel he'd be better as like a boss character. It would be intresting to see him as a boss in adventure mode too.
Also, i want our current new kid icarus additions to be delconed and buffed first, and maybe a sequel idc who makes it, before we even consider hades(or another kid icarus character).

Prediction:
Banjoo-Kazoiee
C:48.4%
W:70.8%

Noms:
Tethu x1
Lipx2
Sable Prince x2

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hades
Chance:5%
Kid icarus doesn't seem like a series that would get another newcomer. And even if it did, Hades has competition.
Want: 60%
Sure, he was really hilarious in Uprising so seeing some antics in smash would be great.

Nominations: Ashley (Warioware) x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hades

Chance: 1%
Kid Icarus hasn't done squat in recent years. Even with Sakurai bias, I doubt we're getting Hades or any other KI character.

Want: 0%
I really don't want to see any more KI characters, especially if Dark Pit stays. Four is really REALLY pushing it. There shouldn't be more Smash characters than there are KI games.

Banjo and Kazooie prediction: 34.6%

Nominations: Mipha x5

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hades:

Chance: 5% - I don't think Uprising is getting another newcomer; it came out 6 years ago and KI's future is uncertain.

Want: 100% - Though, this score is just for him to show up in some form, like in a Palutena's Guidance cameo (I was massively disappointed to not even see him even mentioned in these in Smash 4). His sass and banter with the other characters easily made for some of the best moments in Uprising for me; I found myself smiling every time he weaseled into a conversation. He could be in as a full character, but I would also be satisfied with another type of cameo.

Prediction:
Banjo-Kazooie - 15.67%

Nomination: Sans x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Hades

Chances: 10%
I do not see Kid Icarus getting another rep and even if they do Viridi, Magnus, and maybe even Medusa may be just as likely if not more likely to be added.

Want: 25%
Only played through the early levels of Uprising, however I have heard nothing but great things about this character so I am kind of curios although I have no intent to go back to Uprising any time soon.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hades
Chances:
30%
Want: 100%

I think he would be one of Kid Icarus' most interesting characters to come into the game. Far better than the Dark Pit.

Nomination: Agumon x5

Megaban

Smash Cadet
HADES
Chance -4%

Oh boy Hades.Can't imagine him getting in rly. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. We got 3 (or 2 if Dark Pit gets cut) KI characters and that's prolly as much as it gets + MEdusa is more classic villain. Not to mention he kinda has Ridley complex. I mean, have you seen how HUGE he is? Tho I guess he can be sized down... But another thing is, if you fought him, you'd see another problem. The way he fights makes it HARD to imagine him not huge xd

Want -30%
This is legit the longest I've been thinking about this one so far. Hades is awesome, hilarious and overall great character. One huge reason why Uprising was SO good. But... I legit can't see him in Smash. I guess you could give him punching/kicking moveset and add some tricks he has, but... I feel like that wouldn't be Hades anymore really. It just wouldn't give him justice. As a BOSS tho :eyes:

Nomination: Lana x5
Prediction: Banjo-Kazooie -24%

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hades

15% Chance

If Sakurai did not have such a love for his own series it would be much lower. Hades has the fact that he is the main villain of KI U going for him. His only realistic competition is Viridi and Medusa, but I feel that he will end up in over Medusa any day due to how much more effort seems to have gone into his character.

50% Want

I am so torn. On one hand he is a villain and he has a great personality. On the other hand I do not want anymore KI reps until we see a new game.

Nominating Spyro x 5

DAY OVER, CALCS INCOMING SOON PLEASE WAIT UNTIL I POST THEM

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hades

8.09% Chance
40.88% Want

So at least Chrom had a good day, he is no longer the lowest character in chance. Hades may have snagged a decent want score, but he got destroyed harder then at the end of uprising in chance.

Today we have a very special day. It is Banjo and Kazooie's day. I expect a shake up in the top ten of want myself. Rate Banjo and Kazooie in chance and want. Also please predict the scores for Sora.

@Mr. Nintendo and ProfPeanut ProfPeanut each get 5 noms for Hades.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just think the idea of Banjo & Kazooie will be passed off. It is obvious that Banjo & Kazooie made a big landmark in gaming history for platforms and they probably scored SO HIGH on the ballot, but IDK. The fact that Microsoft owns the IP could be a VERY complicated matter for Sakurai to hurdle for the inclusion. I am very unsure of Sakurai’s relationship with Microsoft developers, with nothing said about Microsoft from Sakurai that could enhance the possibility of Banjo and Kazooie.

I cannot see the consideration being naturally transitional. Perhaps with a DLC inclusion that may be possible with Minecraft connecting the two companies more as of 2017, but that only makes Steve a bigger consideration, considering that Microsoft-owned franchise is more of a guarantee to sell consumers than B&K due to the franchise’s huge popularity in Japan. B&K is stuck in a deep middle ground that is already very uncertain to happen to begin with. I personally cannot see this character happening.

x5 Octolings

Hyped to share my Sora analysis tomorrow. :colorful:

Banjo and Kazooie

The bear and bird are quite popular in the west, but can they pass the creator's test?
They have history with our friend Nintendo, but there is more to the story though.
Being owned by a competitor makes them foreign, and no recency like our friend Corrin.
Plus competition like the Cheif and Steve, means from MS they will never leave.
Their chances are not kind. It's best to keep them off your mind

I love the bear and bird, my desire must be heard.

Nominations
Marth and Roy English VAs x5
Sorry, but I cant keep the rhymes alive
:061:

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Banjo & Kazooie
Chance - 30%
A highly probable third party addition due to their unique circumstances surrounding them.
Want - 25%
Not that big of a fan of their series, but I didn't grow up with it either.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Banjo & Kazooie

Chance: 20%
Definitely a complicated pick...Phil Spencer has stated there's no issues in putting them in the game, but that's about all we know regarding this duo from a business standpoint...
Sakurai clearly wants them in the game seeing as they were supposed to be in melee and Duck Hunt seems very much inspired by the bird and the bear...

Who knows? Sakurai may surprise us with his magic once again...

Was always puzzled why they weren't in Smash to begin with...an N64 staple...
Also they've got a pretty dynamic moveset to work with...

---

Sora-14.50%

----

Dark Samus x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Wew, I'm not the one to complain about other people's scores butthat's dissapointing. I knew some people would give our lord some low scores but I wasn't expecting him to be ranked lower than characters from dead franchises and characters who were deconfirmed for Smash 4 by the man himself. Gee...

Can't do anything about it however and he's off topic now. Moving on...

Banjo&Kazooie

Chance: 75%

I can definitely see this happening. He probably did decently on the ballot, Phill Spencer would have no problem with them and I do recall them being considered for Melee.

Sure, they might be a Microsoft IP right now but if we can get someone with as little Nintendo history like Cloud Strife, then I don't see this being that much of an issue.

Want: 60%

Never played their games but I wish I had...

Predictions for Sora: 11.03%

Nominations: Canon DK/Bowser/Diddy voices x3 Qbby x2

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 10%. It would be an unprecedented crossover for the creators of two different consoles to come to an agreement like this. I am sure his name has been talked about over at Nintendo due to overwhelming ballot popularity, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth. Microsoft might want another character as well.

Want: 50%. Banjo-Kazooie is in my top 5 favorite games but I find myself largely indifferent to the idea of them being playable. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because their moveset is so obvious to me that it becomes less exciting, or simply that they wouldn't represent what I love about the game, the fun worlds, the charming dialogue, the sense of exploration and adventure... if I woke up tomorrow and they were announced I'm sure I would be excited but I'm not actively hoping for them.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie

Not much is going in their favor.

Banjo-Kazooie was an important part of my childhood. I've always wanted them in Smash Bros. since Smash 64. The pair has so many abilities in both Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie that lend themselves well to a Smash moveset. I've replayed the games a while back, and I still believe they hold up well. It hurts seeing what's become of them in recent times, and I hope they make a comeback somehow.

Nominations: Lip x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Banjo-Kazooie

Chance: 5% - Was considered for Melee, and Phil Spencer has openly stated that he's more than willing to work with Sakurai to get Banjo in Smash. That combined with the ballot, which I'm sure Banjo-Kazooie did well in, makes me think that this is Banjo's best shot. However, even then, I still think seeing Banjo is highly unlikely.

Want: 1% - I'm not a fan of adding more 3rd Party characters to the roster, assuming that all the current 3rd Party characters return. However, I do have a soft spot for Banjo, so I wouldn't complain. Less 3rd Parties, and my want score would be higher.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

D

Deleted member

Chance: 0.1%
Don't feel like explaining this. It should be quite obvious

Want: Abstain
I have yet to play their games, but they look like the kind of characters that would appeal to me so I'm gonna check em out in the future.

Susie x3, Mimikyu x2

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Banjo-Kazooie

Since it was implied that Phil Spencer wasn't contacted about Banjo being added after the roster is finalized they're definitely not in the base game. DLC however they got a bigger chance there.

I enjoyed their games when I rented them to play back then so I would be on board for their inclusion.

Nominate Lucas x5

Sora Prediction: 13.67%. Yeah this is not going to be a pretty day, considering I'm playing FFRK which added Sora and Riku as playable characters and oh boy how were they treated there.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Banjo and Kazooie

I'll at least acknowledge that the pair are popular ballot requests. Aside from that, I don't think there's much that would make them likely.

Want: 20%
The only reason my score is this high is because I'd be happy that a highly requested character got in Smash. Unfortunately, I don't really care which third-parties we get in this game, but even if I did, I still wouldn't have enough of a connection with these two to actually want them in Smash.

Sora prediction: 11.2%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Double zeroes for Banjo today. Getting ANYONE from Microsoft is already unlikely, and even then we'd almost definitely get Steve first, since he's a cultural icon and a big seller on Nintendo systems, neither of which Banjo can claim these days.

I also have no nostalgia for him whatsoever, so to me it's no different from adding Croc or Gex or Ty or any other 3D cartoon animal from the early polygonal days.

Predicting a 9.2 for Sora.
Nominating English Marth x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Burger King

Chance: 10%
Want: 10%

Still not big on third parties, but at least the Bear and Bird would fit in well enough stylistically. Unfortunately, DHD came in and stole that thunder already, and I don't want them cut.

Still, my childhood was Sonic, not these guys, so meh.

Prediction for Sora: 17.3%
Nom: Mewtwo x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Banjo and Kazooie

Chance - 1%

They have a lot going for them.
  • Likely did super well in the Smash Ballot
  • Characters have extremely strong ties with Nintendo
  • Microsoft and Nintendo have been pretty buddy-buddy as of late, collaborating on cross-platform games such as Rocket League and Minecraft
  • Even appeared on the Switch itself through Minecraft
However, one thing above all else really throws a wrench into things:
  • Owned by a direct competitor
We've gotten characters that have heavy ties to non-Nintendo platforms (Cloud, Snake, Ryu), but never have we seen a character owned by one of Nintendo's biggest competitors. I really doubt Nintendo would want to do something like that, over promoting a character with more relevancy with a company that has better ties with Nintendo.

The fact that Phil Spencer has come out in saying that he still wants them in Smash, if anything, just kills his chances even more. The timing of the tweet means that the roster had most likely been decided at that point, and in the case Banjo and Kazooie WERE in Smash, then I bet he would've had to have been hush-hush about it.

Even in terms of Microsoft representation, he faces direct competition from Steve (Minecraft), who seems to have significantly more recognizability around the world, while also representing and promoting a game currently on Nintendo consoles.

Want - 50%

I'm not a fan of adding new third parties. Especially third parties from companies with little relationship to Nintendo. Especially western companies. Especially with characters who are hardly iconic.

However, I adore the Bear and Bird. Can't state that enough. The franchise is just so charming, with its lovable characters, incredible music, and great gameplay. I'd love to see them in Smash: what they could bring to the table, what tunes they could bring with them (honestly just having Grant Kirkhope on Smash 5's soundtrack would make their inclusion worth it), the interactions they could have with their old N64 buds, all of that.

I think this is the highest I'll ever give any non-Konami third party character in terms of want.
(And tomorrow I'll probably be giving my first double zeroes. What a contrast!)

Nominations:
Mipha (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) x5

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Alrgith lets talk about the bird and the bear

Chance 15%
Microsoft has talked about them being ok if they were to be in and while many may think of this as a god thing I however think that it is a bad sign. If Nintendo and Microsoft had decided to work this out it would had been very early on in this games development and since they had just mentioned how they would love ot see them in Smash I see this as a red flag as thye would want to keep it a secret if they were to be in Smash. However they have gotten :4cloud2: so I don't think its imppossible but a challenge for them even if they did decent in the ballot.

want 100%
classic icons of nintendo and big fan favorites with a awesome possible movset and would love to see them in smash

Top Bottom