• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright

Chance 1%
Want 0%

They’ve already put a second Capcom character and it was Ryu. Having a third Capcom character would be quite awkward. Amongst Capcom characters he’s got some good competition, and amongst the 3rd party pool there’s even more.

Cranky x3
Kamek x2

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 19%

He's mentioned quite a lot, but he's not as iconic as he might seem.

Want: 60%

UMvC3 made me want him, but his moveset there would be difficult to translate, and they'd most likely want to go for something else anyways.

Nominations: Urban Champion ×5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 15%
Well, he's not the only character from Capcom to pick. I don't see the whole "Capcom third rep" thing as being a hinderance against Phoenix Wright's chances. It comes down to whether Sakurai can make Phoenix work, and Capcom giving the green light.

Want: 75%
I like the Ace Attorney series. I got into it through a crossover series on Youtube. Who doesn't want to see Phoenix Wright accuse Mario of committing a vague crime with random Smash item pop-outs surrounding Mario as evidence of his guilt?

Nominations
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 70%

Like Layton, he is a somewhat-significant icon in his genre, he just might not big enough to warrant being in Smash Bros.

Want: 75%

He has the potential to bring another fighting style that strays from the norm. He's like Wii Fit Trainer, but genuinely wanted by fans. I've got no history with his series, but I'm willing to give him a chance.
Then again, he's already Playable in Crusade, so I could just play that if I wanted him.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Pheonix wright

Chance- abstain
Want- abstain

I'll abstain since I have no thoughts on Ace Attorney. Yes he was in UMVC3, but he sucked in that game.

Nominations- Wonder Red x5

D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright

He's popular, but... Um... We're rating a lawyer here; he can't fight.

"OBJECTION!"

"I have been playable in another fighting game, and I will present that evidence."

Okay, but Capcom already has two reps. A third might be pushing it.

"HOLD IT!"

"Do you have proof that Mr. Sakurai holds that sentiment? I've looked all over the web and found nothing."

No. Though he has shown concern with oversaturating the roster with certain franchises, the most recent known example being Fire Emblem. He just never expressed this towards any particular third party company, though obviously the vast majority of the roster isn't going to consist of guest characters that Sakurai would need to obtain the rights to use.

"You make a good point there, Xeno."

Chance: 5%

Want: 100%

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
(I really don't know why I don't do this more often)

Phoenix Wright
Chance: 10%
I don't see Sakurai going with Phoenix as he's not super relevant to gaming history like the other third-party characters that are in the game.

Want: 30%
I don't really want to see in him in the game but I wouldn't be disappointed if he got in.

Nomination: Veteran: Bayonetta x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix Wright:

Here is Connery's vision of a Phoenix Wright special move set, misc, and a series brainstorming for content

Chance - 3%
I'll be doing this a little differently than usual. Let us start with the pros for Phoenix's potential inclusion in Smash Switch.

-His parent company, Capcom, has already worked with the series and has added two characters into Smash Bros. This opens the possibility of multi-character representation from the same company.

-Capcom are increasingly open to having Phoenix and Ace Attorney content into other games. He had a crossover with Professor Layton, made an appearance in Marvel vs Capcom 3, was one the Capcom character in Project Zone X 2, music in a Japan-exclusive rhythm game, and as a character in a puzzle game.

-A new game is 100% in the works for the Switch to release this year or early 2019 and will be announced either soon or at E3. The latest release was 2016's Spirit of Justice. These two games can fit into the development cycle for Smash Switch when considering the roster.

-A new second season of the has been confirmed to debut in Fall, focusing on the third game - Trials & Tribulations.

-Sakurai has met with Shu Takumi*, the creator of the Ace Attorney, in 2016. Yes, Sakurai has friends he can easily interact with whenever and for whatever, but the fact they are friends and met each other in 2016 is interesting.
*Takumi may not be the director of the main line games anymore, but he continues to work on a series spin off Dai Gyakuten Saiban - focusing on Phoenix's ancestor and Sherlock Holmes. Also, he is the supervisor of the Ace Attorney anime and still works for Capcom.

This is my one neutral point: his popularity. The Ace Attorney fandom tends to be somewhat tight-knit as a whole and has decent numbers in players, so from the ballot it is possible he did ok, but nowhere near the top requested ones.

But.....why the low chance percentage then, Connery?

-Capcom already has two characters. We don't know how much Sakurai wants to cap a company, but this seems like an obstacle to me.

-Capcom, by itself, has a lot of internal competition. Leon Kennedy and a Monster Hunter are more recognizable and from more iconic series that can easily be vouched for a spot instead.

-In terms of third parties, Phoenix remains niche. He's on the same boat as Layton - both historically on Nintendo systems, but only known to small parts of the install base.

-The newer Ace Attorney releases are digital downloads only, hurting its accessibility for new players on Nintendo systems. (Although, granted, they are now available on the Android and iOS markets)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This series is full of eccentric characters, events, gameplay and drama. If you love visual novels or reading in general - definitely give this series a try. It may look like a typical courtroom drama, but the surreal aspects of the series helps it stand out. It does try to stay grounded in reality as much as spirit mediums, lawyer superpowers and a questionable court system can allow it to be - but the development of the characters and the stories are exceptional and the games are simply addicting.

You know what is a cool thing? As previously stated, all six games and a spin off are available on your phone and 3DS. Capcom often does deals to reduce the prices of their games, and AA is no exception. The first three games are sold packaged together. $15-$25 for 55-60 hours of content is a bargain!

Phoenix isn't the strongest personality in Ace Attorney, but he still has his own character and charm - especially beyond the first game. His friends, enemies and acquaintances scream personality. The music is atmospheric. There is actually more moveset potential than people think, too;

1) There is the one in MvC3 where Maya is in his move set. I don't like this one, but it suits them as they are partners in (fighting) crime.
2) The one I made, where it takes multiple elements across the series into a Smash concept.
3) You could probably even make a projectile based moveset if you used speech bubbles and evidence (speech bubbles are after all pretty important for a visual novel series).

If you are going to play the games: PLAY THEM IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER!

A-are you saying....Mr. Connery wants Mr. Wright in Smash?!
Yes, Your Honor. This evidence proves it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Eggman prediction: 7.9%

Noms: Black Shadow x5

Graizen

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright
Chances:
30%
Want: 80%

I think it would be really cool in the game, remembering how he fought in UMvC3 but at the same time I think Capcom has other characters to put in the game that would be a lot more popular.
In addition, we already have two characters from Capcom in the game, I think that more characters from Namco Bandai and Square Enix would please me more.

Nomination:
Agumon x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance - 2.5% - Not quite a fighter, from a third party series that has plenty of competition while also already pushing with two characters, it's hard to say he has a good chance. While he is iconic, it's hard to give him a respectable chance.

Want - 15% - Might be fun, but there are many I would rather take.

Predicitons

Eggman - 4.24% - Not seeing it.

Nominations

Arle Nadja x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 2%

I think we're pretty much set when it comes to Capcom in Smash Bros. Even if Sakurai would allow a third rep from a third-party company I don't think he'd be the Wright character to be picked.

Want: ABSTAIN

Predictions for Baldy McNosehair: 8.79%

Nominations: Hades x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
:250: W→​

Phoenix Wright chances: 10%
He has merits as a new Capcom character due to relative popularity especially towards the Nintendo crowd but I'm not convinced he stands out enough to have a much better shot than other third-parties. He could be a new Capcom rep but considering Sega got no new character in the base SSB4 we could easily see Capcom returning with just Megan Man and/or Ryu.

Phoenix Wright want: 28%
Mildly intrigued I guess.

Dr. Eggman prediction: 19.87%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artwotks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom if we get a Nintendo Direct or Smash news announcement could it be possible to rate this concept before it reaches the top of the nomination list? I'm asking because I feel that this concept in particular is virtually guaranteed to be either confirmed or deconfirmed when we get more Smash news and the reason I'm interested in seeing it rated is to discuss what I call the "amiibo hypothesis", the idea that Nintendo might benefit from already released Smash amiibo depicting Smash characters the same as in Smash Switch. I'd still rather have this concept rated the "honest" way by simply reaching the top of the nomination and I hope it does before we get more Smash news but after all the nominations I gave to that concept not having it being rated at all would feel like a massive slap in the face.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Phoenix Wright
Chance: 1%
I just don't see it, based on three things:
1. I don't believe we're getting as many newcomers in this game as we've gotten used to
2. I don't think third party characters will be as plentiful
3. If Capcom got another character, it would be Jill
So with all this in mind, to me Phoenix Wright just seems very low on the list of possibilities.

Want: abstain

Eggman: 8.5%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Phoenix Wright

Chances: 35%
Is one of the top contenders for being a 3rd Capcom rep but the thing is I just do not see any 3rd party getting a 3rd rep yet.

Want: 65%
Never played any ace attorney games but they do seem interesting.

Nomination: Linkle X5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Dangit, I was so busy yesterday I forgot to rate Anna. Moving on...

Phoenix Wright
Chance: 30%
I would say he’s among the most likely 3rd party characters. Like Layton, Pheonix Wright was a popular pick during the Ballot Era, is from a series with very close ties to Nintendo, and Capcom has shown they have no qualms working with Sakurai in Smash 4. Along with that, Mr. Wright is probably the most well-known character from any visual novel games, and famous among gamers worldwide. Iwould say he is iconic enough to have a shot.

Want: 65%
I’ll admit, I haven’t played a ton of Ace Attorney. However, the idea of Pheonix in Smash appeals to me a lot, so I would be excited to see him, even if I’m not clamoring for it.

Predictions:
-Eggman: 16.5%

Noms:
Henry Fleming x3
Rick/Kine/Coo x2

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 10%
There's no way in hell he's getting in before Layton.

Want: 20%
I don't care.

Eggman prediction: 25%

Nominations:

Travis Touchdown x3

Funky Kong x2

Last edited:

Phoenix Wright is one of the main cha-

AA Gifs are reserved for people who actually give ratings!

Darn

Anyway. I feel like posting music anyway because it's damn good. Posting my favorite of the Pursuit themes

Anyway. Ace Attorney is a really big franchise that has been around since the GBA era somehow. It's been on every handheld since and we already know one is in the pipeline for Switch. Phoenix has managed to even crossover plenty of times before. He's fought with and against more characters then one would think. Spider Man, the Hulk, Ryu, Chrom, Lucina, Kos Mos, Heihachi, etc. With games like VS Layton, MvC3, and Project X zone, Pheeny is no stranger to crossovers or fighting for that matter. "He can't fight" is not a problem for him. . .which still shocks me to be quite honest.

With a long history of games, a decent amount of popularity, a recent anime, and a ****ing movie, Ace Attorney is pretty damn big. I personally dont think the fact he is from Capcom really matters. Sakurai doesn't really give a **** about reps in the same way fans do.

The biggest issue I see is basically just priority and the fact he is so strange. While he is no stranger to fighting, smash is a game like no other. Sakurai might not think his moveset translates very well for one reason or another or just isnt that interesting. (MvC PW relies on a gimmick that wouldnt really work in smash, for instance). As for priority, Wright is one of the bigger characters left not to add but he isnt as big as some of the other characters we've had like Cloud or Ryu. He might just be seen as not big enough compared to other big names still out there. But with such a long history and popularity and a chance for Sakurai to do something really unique, I think PW is still probably one of the more likely third party characters, whether for base game or DLC.

Want (I think I might try scores for a little while for funsies.) 80%
I looooooooooooooooooove Ace Attorney. It's a great series. I would rather have a prosecutor or Apollo but beggars cant be choosers. Goddammit he's a ****ing lawyer. Seeing that in smash would be hillarious. Not to imagine all the awesome music we would be able to smash to.

noms
Elma x5
:061:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright

Okay, Phoenix Wright is popular, but he's not excessively popular. He's comparable to Layton in terms of stardom but dwarfed by massive names like Crash Bandicoot.

He's also not the most obvious fighter although that didn't stop him getting into Capcom's own fighting game.

Capcom has a crazy amount of big named franchises from Street Fighter and Megaman to Resident Evil and Dead Rising to Phoenix Wright...there's no guarantee a third series will make it in and honestly Resident Evil is a far bigger deal than Wright is...

I'd prefer Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Frank West or Chuck Greene to be honest, but I can't help but be curious about how he'd play in Smash.

Eggman prediction: 5%

Nominations: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 8%
Despite his enduring popularity, Phoenix Wright has quite a lot of odds stacked against him. For starters, he's in the 3rd-party category, which is already crowded with candidates older and more popular than him, and where even the most important game characters of all time struggle to justify their inclusion. While Wright exemplifies the GBA-3DS era almost better than anyone else who isn't Pokemon, it's still not the same weight as the likes of Mega Man or Ryu, and not exactly enough to trump other Capcom franchises like Resident Evil or Monster Hunter. Even if we assume that Nintendo's plan regarding third-parties is to double down on who's already on-board, that's still a contest between him and other Sega or Square Enix characters with bigger histories.

What really holds him back is just how odd his moveset would have to be to work. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Ultimate already demonstrates the level of tackiness you'd have to go through: sneezes, paperwork tapping/throwing, frustrated hand gestures, Maya tumbling out of the screen border, phone beams. A motley collection of normal human things that surpass even Wii Fit Trainer's attacks in terms of silliness, and without the comic book half to compliment the exaggerations.

Still, Phoenix Wight has survived dozens of other franchises to this day, and that's certainly worth something. His games have been completely loyal to Nintendo systems, while also partially representing the otherwise candidate-less visual novel genre. He may not be as close to the core of game history as others, but his niche is distinct enough to be a justifiable addition, if ever.

Want: 14%
Capcom characters don't exactly hurt for modern exposure, seeing as Capcom does enough big crossovers on its own. Still, Phoenix Wright offers his own niche charm to the roster, and it's possible that Sakurai might think of a different or better way for him to fight. I can't say he'd be a cooler inclusion than Layton, but then again, I've only played Layton's games out of the two.

Prediction:
Eggman: 11.5%

Nominations:
Papyrus (Undertale) x5

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Barbed Head Attorney

Chance: 70%

That might seem a bit high, but I don't think so. Nick checks almost all the boxes when it comes to character speculation. He's iconic, the "Objection!" has become ingrained into gamer culture, and his series is the most well known visual novels out there. Speaking of which, he would be a rep for the VN genre. His series is basically a nintendo exclusive, ignoring mobile ports. His series has been around since 2001.
Not to mention how his series not only just had a game in 2016 (hmm, that's good timing isn't it?) but there is also a planned switch game, so this series very much has a future as well. He's got an anime, a live action movie, a playable appearance in a Vs. Capcom game, and his appearance in Project X Zone 2 to help with visualization.
The only problem I see for him is the question of "Do 3rd parties get to have more than 2 character?" and seeing how casually Sakurai "broke" the pretend one character per 3rd party company rule, I don't really see that as a huge obstacle. Besides that maaaybe Sakurai might not be able to think up a moveset for him, but Sakurai also made a moveset for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Captain Falcon so, I'm not too terribly worried about that.

This might be bias talking of course. He is my most wanted character, I love his series to bits. The ideal situation is we get Phoenix, and then Apollo and Edgeworth as Koopaling style alts, maybe even Athena if they can make the rigging not look weird.

Eggman Prediction: 9% Chance / 34% Want

Nominate: Elma x 5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Pheonix Wright
Chance - 5%
He isn't anywhere close to Megaman, Pacman, or Sonic level of popularity or stardom. And I do feel Monster Hunter or Dead Rising could take another Capcom spot if it even gets more.
Want - 5%
I had friends in High School into his games, but that's as much as I have got to say towards wanting him. The man in a business suit is a nice look in contrast to our cast, but I really don't think his move set would be interesting. I'd rather see Monster Hunter with their weapon variety or a Dead Raising protagonist with their wacky weapons which would be the closest thing to Zombies Ate My Neighbors I could ever get.

Nominations 5x Greninja

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 50%

Now that may seem high, but hear me out here. Ace Attorney has always been exclusive to Nintendo consoles, unlike other franchises like Dead Rising and Monster Hunter, so that gives him a pretty big boost in my eyes.

Plus, back in 2017, Capcom announced their plans to make a new Ace Attorney game for the Switch, plus there are rumors that they're porting Ace Attorney 1-6 to the Switch as well.

With all this Ace Attorney support headed to the Switch, plus the series constantly remaining faithful to Nintendo, I think Wright has a pretty good shot. Not a guarantee by any means, but I wouldn't completely count him out like everyone else here is doing.

Just look at my signature.

Last edited:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
PHEONIX WRIGHT
Chance -2%

While Sakurai does let some "non fighting" character come in like Villager or Wii Fit, Phoeix Wright just doesn't fit into the game. And he'd be a 3rd Capcom rep. I don't think he's iconic enough to warrant a spot. Yes, I know he was in that one game, but still not convinced he'd make sense in Smash Bros.

Want - 5%
I see no reason to put him in. He's a lawyer, not a fighter.

Nominations: Lana x5

Prediction: Eggman -7%

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
PhoeNick Wrighto: 45%

I've said this before, but a consistent prediction of mine across all my rosters is a 3rd Capcom character. I personally believe Phoenix Wright to be the next likeliest Capcom character, followed by Amaterasu. This is due to Wright's connection to Nintendo. as his games were pretty much exclusive to the Nintendo Handhelds, I think it would be a fitting representation of Capcom's more relevant connection to Nintendo.

Want: 90%

I'm one of the guys that bought UMvC3 for a single character, that being Phoenix.

Eggman: 13.65%

Nominate
Snip & Clip x2
Neku x3

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 4%
Pheonix Wright is great but it isn't happening unless Sakurai decides he wants him out of nowhere. As great as AA is it is still incredibly niche. In fact, with 26 titles they've only reached 6.7 million sales. It's profitable enough to keep getting games, yes but 6.7 is far from 32 million which is the lowest amount of sales a 3rd party character's series has had (excluding Bayo as she won the ballot and is basically a Nintendo character and was before the ballot happened). It will take a miracle for Pheonix to get in the game as anything other than a trophy.

Want: 0%
I was really torn about this want as I'm a huge fan of AA but I realized that while I may love a character that doesn't mean I want to see them in Smash. If he makes it in I'll be super excited but as it stands I don't want him. The only 3rd party I want is Banjo so I just can't say I want him at all

noms: Tethu X5

Prediction: Eggman 14%

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 7.5%

Despite having a lot of fans who love him, the devotion of his base doesn't translate all too well to overall popularity. If Sakurai at all cares about 3rd parties being exclusive to Nintendo consoles, he hasn't shown it yet with his prior inclusions. If anything, Ace Attorney being so closely tied to Nintendo hurts Phoenix's chances since the relatively limited audience means a much harder climb to be seen as a true gaming icon.

Want: 90%
I'm one of the aforementioned fans who love him. He suffers just a bit from his UMvC3 appearance, since it takes away some of the mystique of seeing Phoenix Wright of all characters in a fighting game. That being said, I'm sure Sakurai could come up with an even more interesting moveset, and being in Smash is an experience like no other.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Jean Grey
...wait, wrong Phoenix

Want: 0%

See Layton. I’m tired, and everyone pretty much said everything important.

Prediction for Robotnik: 19.2%
Nom: Mewtwo x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Phoenix Wroight
Chance- 30%
Very popular among hardcore Nintendo fans, and hes been around for quite some time now. More iconic than Bayonetta, but he is nowhere near the likes of Pacman, Ryu, Soni, etc. Exclusivity to Nintendo also helps.

Want- 10%
If hes anything like he was in MVC3 id be quite happy, but ive never played his games and I have several other 3rd parties that I think are more worthy of an inclusion.

Robotnik- 12.91%

Banjo Kazooie X 4
Thwomp X 1

slambros

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 1%
There's a lot of competition for third-party slots.

Want: 50%

Predictions for Dr. Eggman:
7.22%

Nominations:
Elma x5

:171:

Morbi

Scavenger
Phoenix

Chance: 33%

I agree with the sentiment that we will receive another Capcom character. I am not sure that Phoenix is the most likely per se, and I would honestly rather see Dante meet Bayonetta or have Amaterasu as she would probably be the most fun. He does have a genuine chance, however. And I love his games after having gotten into them recently.

Objection. 'Nuff said.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 0.01%

Want: 50%

We already have 2 Capcom characters so it's out of the question. He'd be a nice character to use though.

Eggman Prediction: 8.74%

Nominate Lucas x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Phoenix Wright
Unfortunately, Capcom already has two characters, and a third doesn't seem likely. If we do get a third, he might have a decent chance, though.
I really, really, really like Ace Attorney, and he's fun to play as in UMvC3.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chance 10%: Not very likely.

Want 15%: Never played his game. However there are better 3rd party options.

Nomination:
Banjo & Kazooie 5x

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Phoenix Wright

Popular character and his series is exclusive to Nintendo nya, but I can't see Sakurai adding nyanother Capcom character nya... and even if he does, nyo guarantee it'll be him nya.

I've never played his games before, but seems fun enough to beat opponents up with objections nyaaaa... Nyalso, Id still greatly preferto see Furudo Erika make it into smash nyaaa :nifty:

Nyominations
Isabelle: x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chance - 2%

He's a third party from a company that already has two third parties in the game. I really doubt Capcom will be triple dipping before other companies, especially considering there's not a lot of outcry to put him in the game.

Want - 0%

Unless they're super iconic, I don't like adding new 3rd parties into Smash. He ain't super iconic.
Honestly, I would've probably given him a higher score if he wasn't in UMvC3, because he would've raised the question of: "How could a lawyer fight?" However, with him in UMvC3, we know.

Nominations:
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Could we go back to 2 a day?

Phoenix Wright:
I’m not sure the company triple dipping is as big of a deal, as long as the character is iconic in their own right and has decent relations with Nintendo. With so many of the necessities already in (Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man), I think this could easily open the door. He may not be the most this or that, but he’s relatively recognizable. There’s a decent handful in his tier though, like I’ve said for Midna, Skull Kid, Celica, and Anna, I think the biggest thing pushing him down is competition between equally viable options.
Chance: 12%
Want: 55%
He’s pretty cool. I haven’t played his games, and I’m not sure how he’d play, but it’d take a lot of creativity, so I’d be really interested in seeing how he works. I have no problem with this.

Eggman prediction: 7%

x2 Veronica
x2 Tiki
x1 Azura

D

Deleted member

Abstaining in both Chance and Want scores for Phoenix Wright

I have next to no experience with his series, and his chances resides in wether or not Capcom would allow Nintendo to add him, besides Mega Man and Ryu.
There's also how he would be played. Sure there's Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but still, it's not the same style of fighting game as Smash.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Dr. Eggman prediction: 20.16%

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I know it is too early to say this since Sora has yet to reach the top of the nominations list in RTC, but man, oh boy, I am so ****ing excited for Sora's RTC day when it comes. I already have a large analysis ready for Sora, and I hope my post will lead to a very interesting discussion on the possibility of him being in Smash. I should probably nominate Sora right after this day so we can get to it as soon as possible. You will see why I have been confident of Sora when that day comes.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Phoenix Wright
Chance - 20%
I think people write this guy off simply because he's not as popular outside of Japan compared to franchises like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, but he is still very relevant and popular in Japan. 11 titles all Nintendo exclusive releases. Widely regarded as the face of the best mystery game series of all time. If this guy doesn't scream iconic I don't know what does. Also the idea that there are slots based on what company a character comes from is absolutely ludicrous. If a company has enough iconic characters, that company should be represented in regards to how many iconic characters they have. Capcom has a lot, enough said.

Want - 100%
2nd most wanted character and one of my favorite series of all time. Smashing to his glorious OST and launching my friends with objections is something I can't pass up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom