• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Doomguy
Chance- 2%
Not much to add. I don't see anyone pushing hard for this, port is too late, doubt he did much on the ballot, and third party.
Want- 0%
Not at all interested.

Anna Predictions- 12%

Nominations:
Ashley x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
RIP AND TEAR

Chance - 1%

His moveset would be FAR too graphic for a Smash game, he doesn't have much of a presence on Nintendo platforms, the Switch port came too late for him for him to be considered, and I really don't Bethesda or Nintendo being super interested in getting a Bethesda character into Smash, and if they are, it'd most likely be an Elder Scrolls character instead.

He's the father of the first-person shooter genre, but the genre's never been very huge in Japan, and DOOM itself hasn't been either. He'll need a miracle if he wants to get in.

Want - 0%

He'd be so incredibly out of place, even more so than Snake. Not exactly a fan of the idea of seeing Kirby being bloodily torn into half, even if I do enjoy the first two DOOMs and the recent 2016 game.

Nominations:
Ashley x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Unfortunately for Doomy, he's not had a Scorpion scenario either, where the developers have themselves created and approved of versions of the character without their otherwise trademark goriness, so he doesn't have that to fall back on either.
I beg to differ, they'll obviously just base a move set around his inclusion in the family friendly game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

:troll:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Doomguy

Chance: 3%

While technically not impossible, the staggering amount of third-party competition and the lack of Japanese support cripples the Doomguys chances.

Want: 100%

Solely to get a Smash remix of the Doom theme.

Anna Prediction: 12%

Noms: Pig Ganon x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Doomguy
Chance 17%
His game did help define a genre, but I don't think he's base game material
Want: 40%
He makes more sense than most third party suggestions

Nominate Lara Croft x5 (I need to get her above 30, could someone help me there please)

Prediction 22%

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Doom Guy Chance:
25%
Doom is a game that has a lot of important history, which Sakurai said that he looks for in new fighters. Snake got into Brawl, so you can't say he won't get in for being too violent, they can always just tone him down a little.

Doom Guy Want:
50%
I don't care for Doom, but I think he would have an interesting moveset.

Anna Predictions:
6.91%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Doomguy/Doom Slayer

Chance: 15%
Doom's a series that's been around for a long time and helped to establish the FPS genre. With the new DOOM game appearing on the Switch, and Bethesda's current support for the platform, I'd say he's got some grounds for inclusion. However, he also faces a few obstacles - mainly the FPS genre is not big in Japan at all (Probably the outliers being Overwatch and Splatoon for the shooters that are successful in Japan), and he might be ignored in favour of the Dragonborn/Dovahkiin from Skyrim, thanks to it being a famous RPG in the gaming world.

Want: 90%
Easily one of my most wanted third-party characters, admittedly.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Doomboymandude
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%

Anna Prediction: 5.55%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Doomguy
Chance 1.5%
Want 50%
There's probably no better or more important rep possible from the entirety of the fps genre and its 25+ years of history. Still, a hard, Western sell.

Predict Anna 13%

Nominate Nia and Dromarch x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Doomguy

Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

We’ve gotten a few 3rd parties by now, and most have been defining members of their respective genres. Doom was one of the first FPS games, so it can’t be said that he’s unimportant.

That being said, each 3rd party has been eastern, so getting a western 3rd party may have larger barriers.

I’ve never played Doom, but I can recognize its importance. Still, I would much rather a different character. Bethesda’s one of my favorite devs, but I would rather see Dovahkiin in Smash. I just like Skyrim better, and I think it was a major influence on Breath of the Wild, so Nintendo respects its importance. Plus I want to see Kirby Fus-Ro-Dah someone off stage in his squeaky voice.

Bethesda does seem to have magically adopted a great relationship with Nintendo; I think I read somewhere they’re planning more Switch releases (as in ‘available on Xbox, Playstation, and Switch,’ not ‘ported to Switch’), so we’ll see.

On the topic of awesome Bethesda games...

Nomination: anything from Skyrim x5
Prediction for Anna: 27.3%

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Guy from Doom: 2%
I just can't see it, at all.

Want: 0%
Giving higher number than 0% implies a slight indifference. I just do not want doomguy in my smash game.

Anna Prediction: 18.6%

Nominate
Neku (TWEWY) x5

D

Deleted member

Doomguy

The hard hitting logic consisting of 'X third party character's game is on a Nintendo platform so they must be in Smash' doesn't make much sense to me. Hyperbole, but it gets the point across.

Never played Doom nor do I intend to. Those kinds of games are too scary for me :urg:

Anna Prediction: 12.31%

Nominations: Elma x5

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Doom Slayer:

Chance: Abstain

Want: Abstain

I am aware of Doom's significance to the FPS genre, but I lack too much information to make a fair prediction.

Nominations:
Ganon x5

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Doomguy

Chance: 5.5%
Honestly, I feel like out of all of the characters voted on so far, he’s the least likely. However, I do have to acknowledge the substantial impact that he’s had on gaming.

Just because I acknowledge his significance doesn’t mean I want him in Smash.

Predictions:
Let’s see if I can get two in one week.
Anna (yes!!) : 13.31%

Nominations (15 total):
Hmm.. decisions, decisions
Arle Nadja x 8
Ashley x 4
Tethu x 2
Elma x 1

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Doomguy

Doom is super iconic, and has a history with nintendo consoles. Problem is the western 3rd party barrier still hasn't been broken, and even when it comes to western 3rd parties, there are a lot others that are more likely.

Want: abstain

Never played a Doom game, no opinions.

Anna Prediction: 14% chance / 19% want oh boy, time for another round of FE hate woo.

Nominate: Elma x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Doomguy
Chance: 1% - The absolute biggest obstacle he has is that his series is not very well known in Japan. Even overhere, he’s probably not even within the top 10-15 most requested Third-party characters for SSB.

Nominations: New story mode x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Doomguy

Doom is an undeniably iconic franchise, but he's not requested too often and I doubt he placed highly on the ballot, and the franchise doesn't appear to be as notable in Japan. Those are pretty big hurdles to overcome for a third party, and looking at some of the other candidates for such slots I don't think he can overcome them.

Want: 10%

I've never played Doom and don't associate it strongly enough with Nintendo to want it. However, I recognize how iconic it is so I'll give him a bit for that.

Anna prediction: 12.58%

Nominations: Banjo & Kazooie x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Doomguy:
I’ve actually never heard of this, like, ever? I’m surprised there’s something with so many nominations already that I just don’t know about. I thought I was more in the loop than that lmao
Chance: who are you / abstain
Want: don’t care enough to look up / abstain

Anna prediction: 11%
My bb

x2 Veronica
x2 Azura
x1 Sylux

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Abstaining as I honestly have no clue on what to say. I need to play Doom to have an idea on his chances and if I want him. At least his soundtrack is good.

Nominating Spyro x 5

Day over, calcs will be posted in morning.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Doom Guy

Chance 1%: He is not likely.

Want 0%: He shouldn't join as he really doesn't belong. Less so than other 3rd party characters.

Nomination:
Jibanyan 5x

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Doomguy

Bethesda has been developing a solid relationship with Nintendo, and Doomguy's games definitely have the legacy factor going for them (since Doom basically initiated the first-person shooter genre). The excessive violence his games are known for is an issue, but then again, we have Snake and Bayonetta as two characters that appeared in Smash games who come from Rated M games and were toned to fit the ESRB rating, so they could find ways to work around with Doomguy. The other, and perhaps his biggest issue, is that the Doom series is nowhere as big in Japan as it is in the West.

Haven't play any Doom games so there's no way I can give an accurate want score here, nor do I plan on playing the Doom series since Rated M first-person shooters don't interest that much.

------

Predictions

Anna (Fire Emblem): 16.29%

Popular Fire Emblem character who also has a reoccurring status, but not being a main character in the major Fire Emblem titles will hold her down.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Doomguy
Chance: 8% -
For third parties, he's one of the few truly iconic ones I can think of, and he's just goofy enough that he might work.
Want: 45% - Why not? Let's just get Rayman first. And maybe Crash. And Snake's return. And Shantae... and Sora.

Prediction: Anna
Chance: 29.84%
Want: 67.32%

Nominations

Sora x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Doomguy

- Well, he’s certainly iconic so he could make the cut due to that.

- I haven’t played the Doom games so giving him a score on want wouldn’t be appropiate.

Prediction

Anna: 9.5%

Nominations

Black Shadow x3
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x2

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Doomguy

Chance: 12%
Want: 30%
In the long and storied history of FPSs, there's no other game that's caused bigger waves than Doom. It's not merely old and successful, it's core to video games in a way almost no other games, let alone mascots, can claim.

Which of course higlights that Doom is a purely Western franchise, a denomination that's struggling to get anyone into Smash in the first place. Up to this day, Japan still doesn't care much for FPS games, nor really saw its industry changed by their introduction into the landscape. Nintendo's newfound appreciation of the genre is attributed mostly to Splatoon, one of the few shooters too distantly connected to Doom to really cite it as part of its ancestry.

That's not forgetting that Doomguy had never been a consideration until this console generation, and not without reason. His last outing for the longest time had been the largely-disappointing Doom 3, and both Bethesda and id Software had been commited members of the Multiplat-minus-Nintendo club between the N64 and Switch eras. So despite his age, Doomguy is essentialy starting from scratch as far as support bandwagonning is concerned.

But while there might be other more appropriate western characters that ought to be included first, I don't think there's any better choice for a real FPS inclusion than Doomguy. Not a high bar to clear, I admit, but between Bethesda's newfound support of Nintendo, an unquestionable lineage, and a memorable panache, he's got a much, much bigger shot than someone like Master Chief.

(I'd really not worry about how to incorporate his trademark knack for violance. If you want to see visceral power done well in Smash, observe Ganondorf.)

Prediction:
Anna - 24%

Nominations:
Viridi x5

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Doomguy
Chances:
10%

If a Character with Guns have to enter Smash Bros, i realy think the Doomguy is the one. But hes chances are low.

Nomination: Agumon x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Doomguy
I don’t believe in giving 0% chances to anyone, but... I still think I’m being a little generous on this one. DOOM is obviously one of the most influential video games of all time, but Doomguy isn’t really all that iconic away from the series itself. Besides that, DOOM has never really had any close ties to Nintendo, aside from a few ports. Then there’s the matter of DOOM’s gore... the character would have to toned down a ton to fit into the game, possibly even moreso than Bayonetta was. Overall, it just feels kind of impossible.

Never played DOOM, no connection to the character, and I’m just not interested in seeing him in Smash.

Noms: Henry Fleming x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Doomguy

Nominations
Concept: Marth and Roy are given their English VAs x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Doomguy
8.82% Chance
28.28% Want

Wow that was a lot of abstains. People really ripped and teared into Doomguy today. At least he is not at the bottom. Kotor Kotor came in last second and managed to knock him down a little bit though.

BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee was the closest. Gets five noms.

Today we are rating Anna. Please rate Anna in chance and want. Also please predict Phoenix Wright for tomorrow.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If any newcomer from Fire Emblem is going to be chosen, it is going to be mainly based on promotion. Celica and an FE Switch protagonist are among the most likely candidates. But even without promotion, I feel the overrepresentation of Fire Emblem will cause Sakurai to avoid any new FE candidate beyond the promotional kind. I cannot see Sakurai exploring the nook and cranny to pick unique reoccurring FE staples like Anna or Tiki as a result.

x5 Tom Nook

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Anna

Chance: 1% - If Fire Emblem is getting any newcomers, it's more than likely not going to be her.

Want: 0% - I'm not a fan of adding more Fire Emblem characters to the roster.

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

D

Deleted member

Anna

Chance: 3%

A recurring, yet minor character in the Fire Emblem series. I'd expect Alm or Celica if anyone.

Want: 50%

Don't care either way.

Prediction: Phoenix Wright - 16.4%

This'll be a fun day, as always.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Anna

Why?

Why?

----

Phoenix Wright-21.12%

----

Dark Samus x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Anna

Chances: 50%
If they decide to have a new Fire Emblem rep and do not pick one from Echoes (maybe too old?) or Switch (maybe too new?) I can see Anna being chosen, especially since she has been getting more important roles in recent games and seems to be one of the iconic characters in the franchise.

Really like this character and I can see her using axes, lances, and other current non-represented Fire Emblem elements which I would love to see make it in.

Nomination: Linkle X5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anna:

Chance:
5% - She's got so much personality that maybe Sakurai would fall for the concept, but it's still a long shot.

Want: 30% - I like her just fine in the games themselves, but a Fire Emblem newcomer needs something really special going for them for me to really be won over at this stage, so it'd have to be a very unique moveset for Anna to win me over, and I'm not sure I'm seeing that in her.

Nominations:
Dark Matter Blade x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Updated as of the last post. It's looking to be an interesting month of discussions.

Elma x203
Ashley (WarioWare) x194
Dark Matter Blade (Kirby) x191
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x190
Concept: New story mode x190
Geno x 187
Hades x182
Micaiah x 182
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x175
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x173
Veteran: Lucas x 163
Sora x 163
Blue Bowser x162
Banjo & Kazooie x 161
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x158
Bomberman x 155
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x154
Veteran: Mewtwo x150
Agumon x135
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x133
Sans (Undertale) x128
Isabelle x125
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x116
Black Shadow x115
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x113
Travis Touchdown x 112
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x110
Urban Champion x108
Funky Kong x107
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x107
Lycanroc x104
Kamek x103
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Impa x 98
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x98
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x90
Dark Samus x 88
Excitebiker x82
Ryu Hayabusa x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x 78
Veteran: Greninja x76
Octoling (Splatoon) x70
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x70
Lip (Panel de Pon) x70
Simon Belmont x70
Spyro x69
Labo Related Character x 68
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x68
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x 68
Azura (Fire Emblem) x 67
Concept: Skyrim representation x60
Masked Link x59
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x57
Linkle x55
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x51
Klonoa x50
Cranky Kong x49
Veteran: Roy x48
Parabo and Satebo x45
Zeraora (Pokémon) x44
Lloyd Irving (Tales) x42
Mipha x40
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x40
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x36
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Doshin the Giant x32
Balloon Fighter x31
Susie (Kirby) x30
Thwomp (Mario Bros.) x29
Sylux (Metroid) x29
Dragonite x27
Veteran: Bayonetta x27
Concept: Wars Character x27
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x26
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Katrielle Layton x26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Django (Boktai) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Concept: Style Savvy Character x 22
Snorlax x22
Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x20
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x19
Lara Croft x19
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Ray (Custom Robo) x17
Sable Prince x16
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x15
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x15
Viridi x15
Starfy x14
Veteran: Robin x 14
9-Volt (WarioWare) x14
Petey Piranha x13
Toon Zelda x13
Tom Nook x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Gooey (Kirby) x12
Gengar x12
Mach Rider x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Steve (Minecraft) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Mimikyu x 9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Stage: New Donk City x9
Dragonborn x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Tails x 7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Concept: Marth and Roy are given their English VAs x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Ghirahim x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
King Boo x4
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
A(ctually Who)nna

Chances- 10%
Its been said about the other 3 FE characters weve rated so far. They either need to be really popular in the FE crowd, or recent. Idk if shes any of these.

Want- 0%
First 0 I give out, since I had literally no clue who this person was before today. If were gonna do a new FE person, at least let it be someone non FE players may recognize like Lyn, Chrom, or the 2 ones on the cover of Echoes. If even I never heard of this character, and Ive been playing many types of games for many years, then I think its a sign that the character might not belong in a game about gaming allstars, let alone Nintendo ones. I mean no ill will to her fans, but thats just how I see it.

Phoenix Wright- 28.22%

Banjo Kazooie X 4
Thwomp X 1

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Anna

Chance 20%
Want 90%

Anna is one of the best options for an FE newcomer in my perspective because she’ll always be in the newest game. For the most part she’s a minor character but she’s easily one of the most iconic and unique characters. Fire Emblem Heroes elevated her role even further as one of the main characters as she represents the G in the series RGB. Talking about RGB it’s a shame that only characters from the R section have been allowed (by R I mean sword users). I doubt she’ll make it because they have a tendency to add lords only and she’s got a lot of competition but she certainly is a good candidate. I do think she’s got a strong chance as an assist trophy.

Cranky x3
Kamek x2

Top Bottom